PDA

View Full Version : DJ McNorton needs his own thread.

Go_Herd
01-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Hallstrom on the Bison Blog:

Second, Scott Miller and I had Averian Hurts on Prime Time Sports on AM 970 tonight. *Great name, although I think one of us inadvertently called him Ovarian Hurts which is a somewhat embarrassing slip. *Anyway, he's the head coach at Channel View High School in Houston. *18 miles east of city proper, to be exact. *He coached DJ McNorton this past year (the RB that committed to NDSU). *Among the findings: *He's 5-11, about 190 pounds. *Coach says running joke on team is that he ran for 1100+ yards and got 900 of them on his own. *Coach says O Line was the weakest part of his team, yet DJ ran for 11 TD. *Says the first guy in space never tackles him. *Says he's strong, but quick. *Runs 40 time in the low 4.5's. *Coach says get him up at NDSU with those great linemen and watch him go. *Says Reggie Moore watched tape on him for 5 minutes and said "I want him". *Took the evidence back to Fargo and NDSU offered quickly thereafter. (I need to ask Coach Moore about this story--sounds very entertaining). *Was offered by several of the Texas 1-AA's -- Stephen F, North TX State, etc. *Says kid liked the campus on the visit (and he visited on one of the coldest days we had here). *Says kid is a leader, good head on his shoulders, and wants to be really good. *Coach and kid both liked that NDSU came in early and offered, instead of some that waited for other options to fall through and got in on him late.

The Houston area is turning out to be a productive one for NDSU

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Can't wait to see this kid running the ball!

Go_Herd
01-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Guess he has been talked about quite a bit in the recruiting thread.

Just for anyone who hasn't seen this earlier. He is #2

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=15013 21363

lakesbison
01-23-2007, 03:28 PM
on bison media blog. I see a SUGARLAND HS fan/coach whatever.. (sugarland is BIG TIME in TX HS)

he said "if Mcnortan is at Sugarland, he is playing at U Texas next year!!)

wow.

Go_Herd
01-23-2007, 03:48 PM
I think this kid is going to be a diamond in the rough. *Luckily for us his team, ChannelView High went from 4A to 5A his senoir year. *I think the scouting and recruiting got lost in the transition of the team to the higher football level. *His team went 3-7 and they struggled mightly in most of those games. It said that he had offers from North Texas, Stephen F Austin to play some football.

Team Record--ChannelView
W L T Pct. *PF * * PA *Home Away Neutral Conf. *
3 7 0 .300 *232 *267 *1-3-0 2-4-0 0-0-0 2-5-0

Date Time Opponent Result :
September 1, 2006 12:00 AM @Chavez (Houston, TX) *W 28-21 *
September 8, 2006 12:00 AM @Galena Park (Galena Park, TX) *L 28-35
September 22, 2006 12:00 AM @Ball (Galveston, TX) *L 21-29
September 29, 2006 12:00 AM Memorial (Port Arthur, TX) ** L 14-21
October 6, 2006 7:30 PM @Humble (Humble, TX) ** L 10-21
October 13, 2006 12:00 AM Sterling (Baytown, TX) ** L 13-27 *
October 20, 2006 7:30 PM %name% (%city%, %state%) ** W 38-6
October 27, 2006 12:00 AM @Kingwood (Kingwood, TX) ** L 13-35
November 3, 2006 7:30 PM Lee (Baytown, TX) ** L 24-30
November 10, 2006 12:00 AM @West Brook (Beaumont, TX) ** W 43-42

Who shoule be thank for him coming all the way up here in the cold to play some football.
1. *Garza getting us a link to Texas
2. *The Texas kids who already play here
3. *Our kick-ass facilities and our #3 ranking in the nation. FCS anyways
4. *Or him, becasue why wouldn't you want to play with the best

silkamilkamonico
01-23-2007, 09:20 PM
I would love to see this kid come in next year and play right away.

When you watch the tape, watch the oline right after the snap. Everyone of them gets pushed back and allows penetration.

I'm excited. Fast shifty runner and he runs hard. I'm not very high on recruting, but this kid is making me excited.

NDSUFREAK10
01-23-2007, 10:46 PM
+++++++++ GOOD TO HEAR!!!!

finch901
01-24-2007, 06:18 AM
I would love to see this kid come in next year and play right away.

When you watch the tape, watch the oline right after the snap. *Everyone of them gets pushed back and allows penetration.

I'm excited. *Fast shifty runner and he runs hard. *I'm not very high on recruting, but this kid is making me excited.

I agree totally and was going to say exactly that about his o-line, i like his creativity and and play making ability, that spin move on the myspace link was sick, can't wait to see him. His high school coach was right, get him behind the BISON moving company and he will be great.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I am very impressed with that video. Explosive and elusive in space and the type of guy who could put up insane numbers behind an offensive line like ours.

bigboi
01-25-2007, 01:31 AM
IM LETTING NDSU KNOW THAT YOU CAME INTO HOUSTON *:) :)AND STOLE A BIG DIAMOND. I'V WATCHED DJ SINCE HE WAS 7 YRS OF AGE. I TOLD HIS DAD THAT HE WILL BE A VERY SPECIAL KID WHEN GETS OLDER. FIRST LETS THANK CHANNELVIEW FOR NOT HAVING AN O- LINE BECAUSE IF THEY DID NDSU WOULD HAVE MISSED OUT. IF HE WOULD HAVE HAD THE O- LINE LIKE THE RUNNING BACK FROM UP THE STREET THAT HAD AN O-LINE THAT AVG. 330 PLUS ,UT, A&M,USC ,ETC WOULD BE SLEEPING OUT SIDE.
THE VIDEO CLIPS DOES NOT SHOW THE REAL DJ. JUST IN CASE COACH DOESNT KNOW HE CAN PLAY QB ALSO. HE WILL MAKE THE O-LINE THAT NDSU HAS LOOK GOOD AND THEY WILL MAKE HIME LOOK GOOD ALSO. ONE MORE THING I WONT TO LET THE FANS KNOW THAT THIS IS A KID YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MESSING UP THE SCHOOLS IMAGE. GO BISON. WHEN HE GETS HES FEET WET LOOK OUT FARGO. LIKE WE SAY IN HOUSTON " IT'S GOING DOWN "

Jdubs21
01-25-2007, 02:04 AM
IM LETTING NDSU KNOW THAT YOU CAME INTO HOUSTON *:) :)AND STOLE A BIG DIAMOND. I'V WATCHED DJ SINCE HE WAS 7 YRS OF AGE. I TOLD HIS DAD THAT HE WILL BE A VERY SPECIAL KID WHEN GETS OLDER. FIRST LETS THANK CHANNELVIEW FOR NOT HAVING AN O- LINE BECAUSE IF THEY DID NDSU WOULD HAVE MISSED OUT. IF HE WOULD HAVE HAD THE O- LINE LIKE THE RUNNING BACK FROM UP THE STREET THAT HAD AN O-LINE THAT AVG. 330 PLUS ,UT, A&M,USC ,ETC WOULD BE SLEEPING OUT SIDE.
THE VIDEO CLIPS DOES NOT SHOW THE REAL DJ. JUST IN CASE COACH DOESNT KNOW HE CAN PLAY QB ALSO. HE WILL MAKE THE O-LINE THAT NDSU HAS LOOK GOOD AND THEY WILL MAKE HIME LOOK GOOD ALSO. ONE MORE THING I WONT TO LET THE FANS KNOW THAT THIS IS A KID YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MESSING UP THE SCHOOLS IMAGE. GO BISON. WHEN HE GETS HES FEET WET LOOK OUT FARGO. LIKE WE SAY IN HOUSTON " IT'S GOING DOWN "

i didnt even watch the whole video and knew the kid was gonna be a future star...hoepfully he has some buddies that wanna come play up here...also know he is in an amazing program, we may get a bad rep from the state were in but the tradition in this school for winning is amazing also...dj is gonna help up add to our already nice collection of national titles ;D

finch901
01-25-2007, 08:33 AM

i didnt even watch the whole video and knew the kid was gonna be a future star...hoepfully he has some buddies that wanna come play up here...also know he is in an amazing program, we may get a bad rep from the state were in but the tradition in this school for winning is amazing also...dj is gonna help up add to our already nice collection of national titles ;D

Amen to that brother!!!

verk62
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
on bison media blog. * I see a SUGARLAND HS fan/coach whatever.. *(sugarland is BIG TIME in TX HS)

wow.

What a bunch of BS, Which HS in Sugar Land would have insured him playing at UT? Sugar Land/ Missouri City only has about 8 high schools. Basically you are saying that because the kid grew up about 35 miles away from Sugar Land he missed out on playing a big time D1 program. That's a joke! I am sure he will be a very good player but to claim he should or could be playing at UT next year is a joke.

bigboi
01-25-2007, 01:21 PM
THE GUY THAT SAID THIS IS BS IS CRAZY. NOT AT A SUGARLAND SCHOOL IS RIGHT BUT IF YOU KNOW FOOTBALL YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS SAYING ABOUT THE KID. HIS LINE AVG. WAS ABOUT 250 IN TEXAS 5A FOOTBALL THAT IS REALLY SMALL. HE STARTED OUT AT NORTHSHORE HIGH SCHOOL WHERE THE AVG. IS 330 THATS A BIG DIFF. THAT KID AT NORTHSHORE AVG. ABOUT 1500 YDS BEHIND THAT LINE. ALSO DJ PLAYED IN ONE OF THE BETTER DISTRICTS IN HOUSTON IF YOU LOOK IT UP THEY PUT OUT A LOT OD D1 PROSPECTS. HE COULD HAVE WENT TO UH.LA TECH, OR NORTH TEXAS, BUT HE DECIDED TO BLESS FARGO WITH HIS SKILLS. SO BE READY

bigboi
01-25-2007, 01:22 PM
on bison media blog. * I see a SUGARLAND HS fan/coach whatever.. *(sugarland is BIG TIME in TX HS)

wow.

What a bunch *of BS, Which HS in Sugar Land would have insured him playing at UT? *Sugar Land/ Missouri City only has about 8 high schools. *Basically you are saying that because the kid grew up about 35 miles away from Sugar Land he missed out on playing a big time D1 program. *That's a joke! *I am sure he will be a very good player but to claim he should or could be playing at UT next year is a joke.
YOU WILL GET TO SEE FIRST HAND AND I HOPE YOU BECOME A FAN

NDSU1980
01-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Impressive!! About 30 seconds into the clip, I had to remind myself I was watching a HIGH SCHOOL GAME. Best yet, We'll be playoff eligiable just as DJ is hitting his college prime. 8-)

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Just think about the guys we have in the backfield and then move a couple years down the line. Brower, Blincoe, McNorton, etc. Lots of young talent in that backfield.

verk62
01-27-2007, 04:43 PM
THE GUY THAT SAID THIS IS BS IS CRAZY. NOT AT A SUGARLAND SCHOOL IS RIGHT BUT IF YOU KNOW FOOTBALL YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS SAYING ABOUT THE KID. HIS LINE AVG. WAS ABOUT 250 IN TEXAS 5A FOOTBALL THAT IS REALLY SMALL. HE STARTED OUT AT NORTHSHORE HIGH SCHOOL WHERE THE AVG. IS 330 THATS A BIG DIFF. THAT KID AT NORTHSHORE AVG. ABOUT 1500 YDS BEHIND THAT LINE. *ALSO DJ PLAYED IN ONE OF THE BETTER DISTRICTS IN HOUSTON IF YOU LOOK IT UP THEY PUT OUT A LOT OD D1 PROSPECTS. HE COULD HAVE WENT TO UH.LA TECH, OR NORTH TEXAS, BUT HE DECIDED TO BLESS FARGO WITH HIS SKILLS. SO BE READY

Northshores Oline doesn't average 330, and 250 is not exactly a small offensive line in Texas 5A football. It's probably a little smaller than average but it's still not small. I live in Sugar Land and scout high school football down here and have never watched a game with an O line averaging over 300. Not to mention that most HS lineman over 300 pounds are big and do OK because the size but aren't really all that good as football players. I never said he isn't talented or that he will not be a great player, my point was if he was good enough to be at UT he would be there or at another like D1 school. The Houston area gets recruited heavily by so many schools they all wouldn't have missed the evaluation on him. Now I can see him picking NDSU over the 3 mentioned schools, especially if he wants to win and have a crack a real National Title, unlike what goes on with bowl games.

kchats
01-27-2007, 04:50 PM
NDSU is a division I school and a very good one at that. NDSU has very good football facilities probably better than some of the lower FBS schools and NDSU wins. Craig Bohl is also a better coach than the coaches at the FBS schools mentioned as options. NDSU also has players getting looks by the NFL so they have everything players want.

bigboi
01-27-2007, 06:30 PM
THE GUY THAT SAID THIS IS BS IS CRAZY. NOT AT A SUGARLAND SCHOOL IS RIGHT BUT IF YOU KNOW FOOTBALL YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS SAYING ABOUT THE KID. HIS LINE AVG. WAS ABOUT 250 IN TEXAS 5A FOOTBALL THAT IS REALLY SMALL. HE STARTED OUT AT NORTHSHORE HIGH SCHOOL WHERE THE AVG. IS 330 THATS A BIG DIFF. THAT KID AT NORTHSHORE AVG. ABOUT 1500 YDS BEHIND THAT LINE. *ALSO DJ PLAYED IN ONE OF THE BETTER DISTRICTS IN HOUSTON IF YOU LOOK IT UP THEY PUT OUT A LOT OD D1 PROSPECTS. HE COULD HAVE WENT TO UH.LA TECH, OR NORTH TEXAS, BUT HE DECIDED TO BLESS FARGO WITH HIS SKILLS. SO BE READY

Northshores Oline doesn't average 330, and 250 is not exactly a small offensive line in Texas 5A football. *It's probably a little smaller than average but it's still not small. *I live in Sugar Land and scout high school football down here and have never watched a game with an O line averaging over 300. *Not to mention that most HS lineman over 300 pounds are big and do OK because the size but aren't really all that good as football players. *I never said he isn't talented or that he will not be a great player, my point was if he was good enough to be at UT he would be there or at another like D1 school. *The Houston area gets recruited heavily by so many schools they all wouldn't have missed the evaluation on him. *Now I can see him picking NDSU over the 3 mentioned schools, especially if he wants to win and have a crack a real National Title, unlike what goes on with bowl games.

just to let you know that northshore line avg. is off. add this up. #54 center 285,#79 Lt 360, #77 Rt 350,
#64 Rg 300, #62 Lg 270, #89 Te 240. thats 300.833. now thats big. and had the # 2 rush off. in houston And had the #1 def. the schools in sugar land cant touch northshore period. name a school in sugar land that has made a state championship app. none

bigboi
01-27-2007, 06:31 PM

Northshores Oline doesn't average 330, and 250 is not exactly a small offensive line in Texas 5A football. *It's probably a little smaller than average but it's still not small. *I live in Sugar Land and scout high school football down here and have never watched a game with an O line averaging over 300. *Not to mention that most HS lineman over 300 pounds are big and do OK because the size but aren't really all that good as football players. *I never said he isn't talented or that he will not be a great player, my point was if he was good enough to be at UT he would be there or at another like D1 school. *The Houston area gets recruited heavily by so many schools they all wouldn't have missed the evaluation on him. *Now I can see him picking NDSU over the 3 mentioned schools, especially if he wants to win and have a crack a real National Title, unlike what goes on with bowl games.

just to let you know that northshore line avg. is off. *add this up. #54 center 285,#79 Lt 360, #77 Rt 350,
#64 Rg 300, #62 Lg 270, #89 Te 240. thats 300.833. now thats big. and had the # 2 rush off. in houston And had the #1 def. the schools in sugar land cant touch northshore period. name a school in sugar land that has made a state championship app.. in the last 15 yrs none.

bigboi
01-27-2007, 06:34 PM

just to let you know that northshore line avg. is off. *add this up. #54 center 285,#79 Lt 360, #77 Rt 350,
#64 Rg 300, #62 Lg 270, #89 Te 240. thats 300.833. now thats big. and had the # 2 rush off. in houston And had the #1 def. the schools in sugar land cant touch northshore period. name a school in sugar land that has made a state championship app.. in the last 15 yrs none.

IF YOU NEED MORE FILM ON DJ WAIT UNTIL AFTER FEB.7 THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS IT ALL

sambini
01-28-2007, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the film. DJ welcometo BISON NATION. Reggie Moore doing another fine job recruiting Houston.

Bison_Backer
01-28-2007, 05:08 AM
I Think he is going to be dynamite. If he can reach the 200lbs plateau he will be unstoppable.

DKMACNO
01-30-2007, 02:00 AM

Northshores Oline doesn't average 330, and 250 is not exactly a small offensive line in Texas 5A football. *It's probably a little smaller than average but it's still not small. *I live in Sugar Land and scout high school football down here and have never watched a game with an O line averaging over 300. *Not to mention that most HS lineman over 300 pounds are big and do OK because the size but aren't really all that good as football players. *I never said he isn't talented or that he will not be a great player, my point was if he was good enough to be at UT he would be there or at another like D1 school. *The Houston area gets recruited heavily by so many schools they all wouldn't have missed the evaluation on him. *Now I can see him picking NDSU over the 3 mentioned schools, especially if he wants to win and have a crack a real National Title, unlike what goes on with bowl games.A LITTLE SOMETHING FROM THE OLD BALL COACH; TO THE GUY FROM SUGER LAND.THIS IS ABOUT THE POINT THAT YOU WERE TRYING TO MAKE ABOUT DJ MCNORTON. IF HE WAS GOOD ENOUGH HE WOULD BE THERE. AS OF 1-29-07 DJ HAS BEEN OFFER A FULL RIDE FROM U OF HOUSTON, TCU, KANSAS ST.,AND NORTH TEXAS. THE REASON THEY ARE JUST NOW OFFERING IS THAT THEY MISSED THE EVALUATION ON HIM.CHANNELVIEW DID NOT HAVE A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH LAST YEAR WHEN THESE SCHOOLS CAME BY.--- DJ'S Jr. YEAR CHANNELVIEW WENT 2-7, AND HE STILL PUT UP OVER 1500 ALL-PURPOSE YDS. AND 16TDS. THEN THERE WAS HIS Sr. YEAR, CHANNELVIEW WENT 3-7, AND HE STILL PUT UP OVER 1600 ALL-PURPOSE YDS, AND 14 TDS.--------------

ON ANY GIVEN PLAY,

CATCH,RUN,OR KICK-RETURN; THIS KID CAN TAKE IT ALL THE WAY!!!!

HIS GPA IS 3.79----- HIS SAT. SCORES IS OVER 1200;

NOW MR. SUGAR LAND/SCOUT, YOU TELL ME IF ALL THE D-I SCHOOL MISSED HIM OR NOT.

THAT'S WHY WE ARE HERE ON A NDSU-WEBSITE TALKING ABOUT YOUR POINT, THAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT.

IF THEY ALL MISS DJ MCNORTON THE FIRST TIME;THE OLD BALL COACH IS HERE TO TELL YOU,THAT THE D-1 SHARK ARE BACK.

Trainer
01-30-2007, 02:08 AM
I hope the NDSU coaching staff has sprayed DJ down with shark repellent... I really want to see this young man on the Fargodome turf.

Bisonguy
01-30-2007, 02:43 AM

Northshores Oline doesn't average 330, and 250 is not exactly a small offensive line in Texas 5A football. *It's probably a little smaller than average but it's still not small. *I live in Sugar Land and scout high school football down here and have never watched a game with an O line averaging over 300. *Not to mention that most HS lineman over 300 pounds are big and do OK because the size but aren't really all that good as football players. *I never said he isn't talented or that he will not be a great player, my point was if he was good enough to be at UT he would be there or at another like D1 school. *The Houston area gets recruited heavily by so many schools they all wouldn't have missed the evaluation on him. *Now I can see him picking NDSU over the 3 mentioned schools, especially if he wants to win and have a crack a real National Title, unlike what goes on with bowl games.A LITTLE SOMETHING FROM THE OLD BALL COACH; TO THE GUY FROM SUGER LAND.THIS IS ABOUT THE POINT THAT YOU WERE TRYING TO MAKE ABOUT DJ MCNORTON. IF *HE WAS GOOD ENOUGH HE WOULD BE THERE. AS OF 1-29-07 DJ HAS BEEN OFFER A FULL RIDE FROM U OF HOUSTON, *TCU, KANSAS ST.,AND NORTH TEXAS. THE REASON THEY ARE JUST NOW OFFERING IS THAT THEY MISSED THE EVALUATION ON HIM.CHANNELVIEW DID NOT HAVE A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH LAST YEAR WHEN THESE SCHOOLS CAME BY.--- DJ'S Jr. YEAR CHANNELVIEW WENT 2-7, AND HE STILL PUT UP OVER 1500 ALL-PURPOSE YDS. AND 16TDS. THEN THERE WAS HIS Sr. YEAR, CHANNELVIEW WENT 3-7, AND HE STILL PUT UP OVER 1600 ALL-PURPOSE YDS, AND 14 TDS.--------------

ON ANY GIVEN PLAY,

CATCH,RUN,OR KICK-RETURN; THIS KID CAN TAKE IT ALL THE WAY!!!!

HIS GPA IS 3.79----- HIS SAT. SCORES IS OVER 1200;

NOW MR. SUGAR LAND/SCOUT, YOU TELL ME IF ALL THE D-I SCHOOL MISSED HIM OR NOT.

THAT'S WHY WE ARE HERE ON A NDSU-WEBSITE TALKING ABOUT YOUR POINT, THAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT.

IF THEY ALL MISS DJ MCNORTON THE FIRST TIME;THE OLD BALL COACH IS HERE TO TELL YOU,THAT THE D-1 SHARK ARE BACK.

THE OLD BALL COACH - verk62 is a University of North Dakota fan. Probably trying to sabotage NDSU's recruiting class. :D

imported_admin
01-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Listen, we cannot be talking with relatives of recruits except about the weather (maybe not that either). If OLD BALL COACH is DJ's uncle (and we have no reason to doubt it), I think we'd be doing him *a disfavor by engaging in a conversation about DJ or anything that might be construed as trying to influence DJ's decision. *

The players that the coaches think will get us the most wins will start - that's all there is to it - that is, unless we manage to screw up the eligibility of one of our potential starters by violating NCAA rules. Let's not take any chances. Yes, I'm well aware that fans of other schools use message boards to do some amateur recruiting. North Dakota State University is NOT other schools though. Let's do things right.

There are two options: No fan of NDSU will engage in anything remotely resembling a dialog with a recruit or relative of a recruit ever again -or- I will delete every thread and every post that talks about the merits of recruits, ban those responsible if it seems necessary, and leave only the announcements of verbals. I'm not going to be party to screwing up some kid's eligibility. If you have a problem with this, let me know by PM.

Thus endeth the sermon.