PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Football Commercial

Tatanka
07-06-2012, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjqKMrAYbw&list=UUo9BmRwSGifLu8jCbOgOK1w&index=1&feature=plcp

Booyah

aces1180
07-06-2012, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjqKMrAYbw&list=UUo9BmRwSGifLu8jCbOgOK1w&index=1&feature=plcp

Booyah

Schwing Schwing Schwing

bisonmike2
07-06-2012, 05:48 PM
pretty good but it needs more footage of us kicking ass in the playoffs.

344Johnson
07-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I liked that they made the fargodome look really entertaining kinda with the shots of the students and stuff.

JustinTyem
07-06-2012, 05:51 PM
They need More of Colten Lighting someone up,and Brock with the Belt and Marcus with the Pitch and Run!!!!!

HerdBot
07-06-2012, 06:12 PM
For a short spot its absolutely perfect. Great professional look with great graphics, music, and HD production. Looks big time!

NorthernBison
07-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Looks great. No complaints here.

BisonNation11
07-06-2012, 06:46 PM
It's here! It's here! Bison football is here!!! Wait, whaaat??? It's just a commercial??? Damn you Christmas in July!!! Video is great! I'm ready for kickoff now!

TAILG8R
07-06-2012, 06:49 PM
My only issue with it is that whoever created the video didn't read the standards manual for the new logos, specifically the section under common misuse ... "never rotate the logo".

It looks ridiculous sitting at that angle.

New Logos Standards Manual (http://www.gobison.com//pdf8/847000.pdf) - check out page 16

JustinTyem
07-06-2012, 06:53 PM
My only issue with it is that whoever created the video didn't read the standards manual for the new logos, specifically the section under common misuse ... "never rotate the logo".

It looks ridiculous sitting at that angle.

They did didnt they,good call tailg8r!!!!

TAILG8R
07-06-2012, 06:58 PM
What are you talking about??? Who pissed in ur cherios???

I'm talking about the logo that sits in the middle of the screen almost the entire time. Its crooked, the letters NDSU are supposed to be straight. for all the pissing and moaning about logos lately I'm surprised that nobody else noticed.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1854&d=1341601047

SDbison
07-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Wow.....commercial too short, new logos suck (the face bison and the lettering font is fugly) and they don't meet specification for use. FAIL.

stevdock
07-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Best commercial they have ever put out for Bison football. As long as they keep raising the bar I'm fine with their progression.

Some of you seem like you aren't happy unless you have something to complain about. It's kinda like the people who are complaining about being cold today after being miserable the rest of the week with it being so hot.

If you have complaints over the tiny things you have brought up, I sure hope you take it to NDSU. As for the commercial itself, I'm sure that it will sell the rest of the tickets that are left. And that's the main purpose of it.

bisonmike2
07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Best commercial they have ever put out for Bison football. As long as they keep raising the bar I'm fine with their progression.

Some of you seem like you aren't happy unless you have something to complain about. It's kinda like the people who are complaining about being cold today after being miserable the rest of the week with it being so hot.

If you have complaints over the tiny things you have brought up, I sure hope you take it to NDSU. As for the commercial itself, I'm sure that it will sell the rest of the tickets that are left. And that's the main purpose of it.

Even better than the dirty dishes commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53TSXEof7Rc&feature=relmfu

roadwarrior
07-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I just wanna scream yellow

heffray
07-06-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm talking about the logo that sits in the middle of the screen almost the entire time. Its crooked, the letters NDSU are supposed to be straight. for all the pissing and moaning about logos lately I'm surprised that nobody else noticed.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1854&d=1341601047

Wow, just... Wow.

I have no words for that comment. Am I color blind or was that supposed to be purple? Good Lord, that is ridiculous.

heffray
07-06-2012, 08:05 PM

Booyah

Someone went to the Stewart Scott school of link posting...

TAILG8R
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Wow, just... Wow.

I have no words for that comment. Am I color blind or was that supposed to be purple? Good Lord, that is ridiculous.

I can't believe the backlash from my posts. I like the commercial I just find it comical that they didn't follow their own rules when it comes to using the new logos. I don't look for things to bitch about but I do find it hard not to point out glaring mistakes.

Bison03
07-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Awesome commercial!! Makes me pumped up for Bison football. If that wasn't the first thing that came to mind when you saw it and all you can do is complain about logo placement, run time, content, and other nonsense; then it really must be a slow day in July.

NorthernBison
07-06-2012, 09:09 PM
I think some people are being too literal. The logo is square to the words underneath. My eye naturally follows line of text and logo. In that sense, it looks fine and would look stupid if the logo was square to the frame.

Maybe they should never get creative. All words should be laid out perfectly horizontal on the screen.

SDbison
07-06-2012, 09:12 PM
I can't believe the backlash from my posts. I like the commercial I just find it comical that they didn't follow their own rules when it comes to using the new logos. I don't look for things to bitch about but I do find it hard not to point out glaring mistakes. Nothing wrong with your comments TAILG8R. Some posters on Bisonville have low standards and are still stuck in DII. I really have to agree that the standards NDSU made a big deal about were not followed.

MNLonghorn10
07-06-2012, 09:25 PM
k. im bored of dan michaels's voice.

TAILG8R
07-06-2012, 09:29 PM
k. im bored of dan michaels's voice.

I'm afraid to say anything negative :hide:

I agree, I dont dislike his voice but it would be nice to hear a different voice over on some ads. I also realize that my world is over saturated with his voice where as others that maybe don't follow NDSU sports like we do won't notice.

NorthernBison
07-06-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't know why they are wasting money on commercials. All the tickets are basically sold anyway. :hide:

* Aw crap. Trying to be funny is going to get me hammered by SD.
** TAB, hurry up and say something lame to take the heat off.

SDbison
07-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't know why they are wasting money on commercials. All the tickets are basically sold anyway. :hide:

** TAB, hurry up and say something lame to take the heat off. Actually I agree........why is a commercial needed? I would rather just have a one minute kick ass video that I can watch over 100 times between now and the start of the season.

BisonNeil
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM

** TAB, hurry up and say something lame to take the heat off.

Probably a good question despite your scarcasm.

As a corollary, NDSU is basically at capacity for its student body given its infrastructure, that being about 14,500 students. As a result, in an effort to save money, they have done virtually no advertising to recruit students, spending only a fraction of what they have spent in the past under Chapman. I have heard rumors that the student body could dip below 14,000 students this fall semester and opening the door for UND to once again be the largest university in ND. I can hardly wait for the UND trolls to get ahold of that statistic if, indeed, that happens.

So, my take is (and I again acknowledge your scarcasm), it is always good to do some advertising regardless of the perceived popularity of your product, if for no other reason but to make sure your brand is out there to be seen.

HerdBot
07-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Actually I agree........why is a commercial needed? I would rather just have a one minute kick ass video that I can watch over 100 times between now and the start of the season.

Helps create more demand. Hopefully promoted a loud and crazy dome weekly. In a perfect world you want every game sold out and hopefully inspire a few more people to join teammakers. If I wasnt a season ticket holder I may want to join. And maybe it gets tbe students fired up?

You sick of the road to frisco dvd already? I am. Cant wait for the season to start

Bison03
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Actually I agree........why is a commercial needed? I would rather just have a one minute kick ass video that I can watch over 100 times between now and the start of the season.

Umm...to sell tickets. Yeah, NDSU could have made a 5 minute highlight video showcasing NDSU football, this was meant to air on tv to get people to buy single game tickets on August 1st.

56BISON73
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
First people complain that there is no marketing. Now they bitch because they ran a commercial. wow just wow

The idea is to create demand. You cant always bank on a championship season to sell tickets.

NorthernBison
07-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Oops.......

344Johnson
07-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Probably a good question despite your scarcasm.

As a corollary, NDSU is basically at capacity for its student body given its infrastructure, that being about 14,500 students.

I was just driving on university the other day. Realized there is a large space that I never really realized could have a building or two placed in it. the area behind Churchill and the Union. I am not an expert at all(DUH!) on growing the infrastructure but I imagine a dorm and a building could be placed there if they really wanted to keep growing.

Hammersmith
07-06-2012, 11:02 PM
I was just driving on university the other day. Realized there is a large space that I never really realized could have a building or two placed in it. the area behind Churchill and the Union. I am not an expert at all(DUH!) on growing the infrastructure but I imagine a dorm and a building could be placed there if they really wanted to keep growing.
That's the leading candidate for the proposed science classroom/lab building. Personally, I would hate to see that happen. That's the one area I'd like to see stay green no matter what. Better locations(IMO) include the grass area and pay lot next to Electrical Engineering, the grass area and Sheppards Arena north of IIAC, or the library(it's slated for eventual demolition once it's replaced). I also think Geosciences is a possibility just east of IACC.

For dorms, another pair of LLCs would be possible just to the north of the current two if alternate parking space could be found.

DjKyRo
07-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Not as awesome as last year's (mostly because of the Daniel Eaves bell-hit where he destroyed that one guy) but still very cool.

344Johnson
07-06-2012, 11:46 PM
That's the leading candidate for the proposed science classroom/lab building. Personally, I would hate to see that happen. That's the one area I'd like to see stay green no matter what. Better locations(IMO) include the grass area and pay lot next to Electrical Engineering, the grass area and Sheppards Arena north of IIAC, or the library(it's slated for eventual demolition once it's replaced). I also think Geosciences is a possibility just east of IACC.

For dorms, another pair of LLCs would be possible just to the north of the current two if alternate parking space could be found.

sounds like a good plan. I do like having that green space, but honestly, i rarely see anyone use it unfortunately. sometimes the churchill guys play some frisbee but nothing too wild.

stevdock
07-07-2012, 12:38 AM

Back when I attended NDSU I was told the ultimate plan for NDSU was to get rid of all roads and parking lots inside campus. Doubt that will ever happen BUT if they do, that would either free up a whole lot of land for other buildings or more green space.

344Johnson
07-07-2012, 01:32 AM
Back when I attended NDSU I was told the ultimate plan for NDSU was to get rid of all roads and parking lots inside campus. Doubt that will ever happen BUT if they do, that would either free up a whole lot of land for other buildings or more green space.

some of the roads are unnecessary. I may get crucified for saying this, but one aspect of UND's campus i like is that it is a bit more green and open. The only problem is, where do you put the parking lots then? Destroy some of the land on the east side of university for parking?

344Johnson
07-07-2012, 01:34 AM

some of the roads are unnecessary. I may get crucified for saying this, but one aspect of UND's campus i like is that it is a bit more green and open. The only problem is, where do you put the parking lots then? Destroy some of the land on the east side of university for parking?

BisonTeacher
07-07-2012, 01:42 AM

Booyah

Its 100 degrees here and i Totally just got chills watching that. I cant wait

TheBisonator
07-07-2012, 04:37 AM
My embedded video doesn't work on my web browsers, so I can't see it... :(

(I may have to reinstall Java/JavaScript)

Bison03
07-07-2012, 07:07 AM

As a former resident of Churchill Hall, I would hate to see this happen. It has always been a great place for playing football, frisbee, or just hanging out. Next you will probably say they should get rid of "Burgum Beach" where all the Burgum babes like to lay out int the fall and spring.

IzzyFlexion
07-07-2012, 12:18 PM
That video pretty much kicks ass.http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/napoleon-dynamite-465x310.jpg

SDbison
07-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Umm...to sell tickets. Yeah, NDSU could have made a 5 minute highlight video showcasing NDSU football, this was meant to air on tv to get people to buy single game tickets on August 1st. I understand why they still have a commercial.......actually I thought it was an OK bit of video, but nothing outstanding. My point is I have watched the Frisco video dozens of times, revisited the various videos on youtube often, and I was looking for some fresh video and audio. The 30 second commercial definitely was only a tease. The next two months is going to go by at a snails pace!
The creative types out there need to make a new video with some old to recent highlights summarizing the growth of the football program from the early 1960's to present. Add some great music and make it about 10 minutes long. Include pics and video of game action, facilities, fans, etc. over the past 50 years. That would be awesome!

IBleedYellow
07-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Let's keep rolling from last year boys!! It's time to kick ass!!

Off Topic: I'm totally in this one! Check one off the bucket list!

344Johnson
07-07-2012, 04:43 PM
As a former resident of Churchill Hall, I would hate to see this happen. It has always been a great place for playing football, frisbee, or just hanging out. Next you will probably say they should get rid of "Burgum Beach" where all the Burgum babes like to lay out int the fall and spring.

....Burgum. HAH! The Lost Girls. I feel bad for them.

The creative types out there need to make a new video with some old to recent highlights summarizing the growth of the football program from the early 1960's to present. Add some great music and make it about 10 minutes long. Include pics and video of game action, facilities, fans, etc. over the past 50 years. That would be awesome!

I think it would be great if they made another DVD, perhaps just about the history of Bison football. Maybe ignore the first 60 years of it though :hide:

A1pigskin
07-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Seemed short but very good.

IzzyFlexion
07-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Seemed short but very good.

Really? http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2012/06/michael-scott.jpg

onbison09
07-09-2012, 03:51 AM
I thought it was good.

sambini
07-09-2012, 04:09 AM
I thought it was good.

GradBison
07-09-2012, 02:18 PM
sounds like a good plan. I do like having that green space, but honestly, i rarely see anyone use it unfortunately. sometimes the churchill guys play some frisbee but nothing too wild.

Do not mess with Churchill Field! Frisbee in the summer and snow football in the winter. Good times.

moosbah
07-09-2012, 02:39 PM
I'd give it a solid "meh". Not really worthy of the team that is the defending national champion.

Looks like something they puked out in a hurry.

SDbison
07-09-2012, 03:30 PM
I'd give it a solid "meh". Not really worthy of the team that is the defending national champion.

Looks like something they puked out in a hurry. Ding, ding, ding........we have a winner. I don't care because there are only about 2000 single game tickets to sell and those will take care of themselves. I was hoping they would just make a great one minute commercial to celebrate the national championship and get some of those who ride the fence to get out and join teammakers, or buy season tickets if they still can. Also, convince even more people to travel to road games and get out there and tailgate. Some things a longer commercial could have had more footage of:
1. The national championship
2. The new turf
3. The expanded tailgate parking lot
4. Tailgating fans
5. Game highlights

moosbah
07-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Ding, ding, ding........we have a winner. I don't care because there are only about 2000 single game tickets to sell and those will take care of themselves. I was hoping they would just make a great one minute commercial to celebrate the national championship and get some of those who ride the fence to get out and join teammakers, or buy season tickets if they still can. Also, convince even more people to travel to road games and get out there and tailgate. Some things a longer commercial could have had more footage of:
1. The national championship
2. The new turf
3. The expanded tailgate parking lot
4. Tailgating fans
5. Game highlights

I concur about the road game point and the list above. If we are going to make these improvements, how about making even a small mention of it. The 1 second flash of the new rug isn't sufficient for a multi million dollar upgrade.

Bison03
07-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Everyone needs to relax. This was a 30 second ad to advertise that single game tickets are going on sale. 30 seconds is the normal time for commercials so this is nothing unnatural. If someone want to make a 5 minute video about NDSU football and pay to have it run on tv; go right ahead. If you think the video is a tease to get people to want more, then I guess the commercial was effective.

The_Sicatoka
07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
I have heard rumors that the student body could dip below 14,000 students this fall semester ...

That goes against all the data that says long runs in the playoffs (FB or BB) results in an upward bump in enrollment (call it the "George Mason" effect). The NDSU FB championship says that shouldn't happen.

PS - The logo at an angle in the commercial flies in the face of everything they were trying to accomplish with your new logo standards. Did NDSU Athletics create their new standard just to be first to break it?

Mr. Burgundy
07-09-2012, 11:52 PM
On a positive note, the tailgating area that is being complete is MASSIVE! The regular lots are being blacktopped. The new lots, on the other side of the "rain forest" (which is still there) is huge and being completed. Looks like a huge area for Bison fans. Should be another fun year. Probably 10 home games or so? I hope the Fargodome realizes that NDSU Football is bigtime event. How about some yellow seats instead of the red.

BisonNeil
07-10-2012, 12:30 AM
That goes against all the data that says long runs in the playoffs (FB or BB) results in an upward bump in enrollment (call it the "George Mason" effect). The NDSU FB championship says that shouldn't happen.

Like I said, it was just a rumor. My guess is you are very likely correct.

westnodak93bison
07-10-2012, 01:09 AM
On a positive note, the tailgating area that is being complete is MASSIVE! The regular lots are being blacktopped. The new lots, on the other side of the "rain forest" (which is still there) is huge and being completed. Looks like a huge area for Bison fans. Should be another fun year. Probably 10 home games or so? I hope the Fargodome realizes that NDSU Football is bigtime event. How about some yellow seats instead of the red.

Anyone have some pics of the above mentioned new tailgate area? Thanks in advance.

BlueBisonRock
07-10-2012, 01:28 AM
Anyone have some pics of the above mentioned new tailgate area? Thanks in advance.

What a timely request! It just happens that I drove into Fargo and gave up some lake time last Saturday and spent a bit of time roaming around the campus (not as easy as it sounds because of multiple road construction projects).

I took a few shots of the tailgate lot.

From the SE corner of the area:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_1574.jpg

Small trenches in the lot (for electrical hookups?)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_1576.jpg

Views of the rainforest:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_1575.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_1577.jpg

Views of the now westerly lot:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_1579.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_1580.jpg

Some additional 'depth' by the lot enterence:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_1584.jpg

roadwarrior
07-10-2012, 01:44 AM
That last pic is the new Fargodome reflecting pool. It will double as a sobriety checkpoint. If you walk through the water, you may be pulled aside for further testing.

EndZoneQB
07-10-2012, 02:43 AM
That last pic is the new Fargodome reflecting pool. It will double as a sobriety checkpoint. If you walk through the water, you may be pulled aside for further testing.

Good thing I'll walk ON the water...

MNLonghorn10
07-10-2012, 03:09 AM
What a timely request! It just happens that I drove into Fargo and gave up some lake time last Saturday and spent a bit of time roaming around the campus (not as easy as it sounds because of multiple road construction projects).

Views of the rainforest:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110702041304/glee/images/5/5e/Jesse_-_I_feel_so_depressed.gif

moosbah
07-10-2012, 07:33 PM

Views of the rainforest:

Am I nuts or did they used to have hoof prints across campus leading up to Dacotah Field?

They should do that again from the new lots up to the dome doors.

Tatanka
07-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Am I nuts or did they used to have hoof prints across campus leading up to Dacotah Field?

They should do that again from the new lots up to the dome doors.

In Columbia, MO, they have Tiger paw prints painted on the road leading from the Interstate to the stadium. Actually, Carbondale, IL (SIU) has teh same thing, except their paw prints are from Santa's Little Helper. Would be nice to see in Fargo.

However, if NDSU did that (or the dome did that) on their sidewalks or parking lots, the backlash from the winged monkeys would be horrendous.

thebigund
07-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Views of the rainforest:

What's the moat for? I know Panthers don't like water and all but that's a little much.

BisonNation11
07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
What's the moat for? I know Panthers don't like water and all but that's a little much.

What's the big stand for in your name? Because for as much as you run your mouth, all I can suspect is that you're desperately trying to make up for something small and inadequate.

Bison"FANatic"
07-10-2012, 09:14 PM

If you guys were to put prints of your mascot leading from campus to the Alerus what would you use????????????

KSBisonFan
07-10-2012, 09:18 PM
In Columbia, MO, they have Tiger paw prints painted on the road leading from the Interstate to the stadium. Actually, Carbondale, IL (SIU) has teh same thing, except their paw prints are from Santa's Little Helper. Would be nice to see in Fargo.

However, if NDSU did that (or the dome did that) on their sidewalks or parking lots, the backlash from the winged monkeys would be horrendous.

That's because people in Columbia can't read the traffic signs.....Either that or they're too busy brushing their tooth while driving to pay attention.

KSBisonFan
07-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Because Ditka can't swim.

Kermit
07-10-2012, 09:20 PM

I am ready for 10 home games...but no thanks on the bunnywabbit color combo for our seats!

Tatanka
07-10-2012, 09:42 PM
That's because people in Columbia can't read the traffic signs.....Either that or they're too busy brushing their tooth while driving to pay attention.

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/angry-desk-flip.png

moosbah
07-10-2012, 09:47 PM

And there it is!

The_Sicatoka
07-12-2012, 02:05 PM

Why would anyone in Missouri need a tooth brush?
<banjo music here>

IzzyFlexion
07-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Why would anyone in Missouri need a tooth brush?
<banjo music here>

Because a teeth brush would be overkill?

sorry T-Tank......just jumping on an opportunity.*

Twentysix
07-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Wow our video blows the other FCS videos out of the water.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?110568-Your-schools-Television-Ad

visit those before anyone criticizes our new commercial.

gotts
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
If you guys were to put prints of your mascot leading from campus to the Alerus what would you use????????????

I'm guessing a diarrhea trail.

MNLonghorn10
07-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Wow our video blows the other FCS videos out of the water.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?110568-Your-schools-Television-Ad

visit those before anyone criticizes our new commercial.
delawares wins the internet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9AsASMwZH0&feature=player_embedded

Tatanka
07-16-2012, 02:06 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :facepalm: :rofl:

Those poor bastards.

aces1180
07-16-2012, 02:06 PM

Oh my.......

TAILG8R
07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
That's almost HOT HOT HOT!

Bison03
07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Maybe this would have been a better choice for the Blue Hens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGDgc1qNCA

344Johnson
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM

I am not really sure about this.

Hammerhead
07-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I wonder if they had students produce this commercial for free of they paid an advertising firm money to produce that thing. :)

SDbison
07-16-2012, 04:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9AsASMwZH0&feature=player_embedded Wow........I needed something to provide a few laughs this morning and this video was my fix.......it's so terrible I started laughing out loud at work. Had the door to my office open for all to hear........funny shit!

moosbah
07-16-2012, 05:16 PM

I can't even begin to forumate thoughts into words as to how bad this is.

BlueBisonRock
07-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Scream YELLOW!

CalBison97
07-16-2012, 05:37 PM
I wonder if King Friday, Queen Sara, Lady Elaine, the Platypus Family, and the rest of the land of make-believe are receiving proper royalties for the use of the music. Someone may have to give Prairie Public Television a call.

That was embarrassing...

aces1180
07-16-2012, 05:42 PM
It's too bad they couldn't have gotten a cameo from Joe Biden by running a flea flicker to his mansion in DC.

SlickVic
07-16-2012, 05:46 PM
What about the ndsu billboards on i94 nothing mentioning the natty title? plus saw a dave lil st peter billboard by pelican shake my dam head ndsu marketing fail bigtime

bisonmike2
07-16-2012, 06:50 PM
What about the ndsu billboards on i94 nothing mentioning the natty title? plus saw a dave lil st peter billboard by pelican shake my dam head ndsu marketing fail bigtime

Saw the same thing. I was up near Pelican Rapids this weekend. I saw 3 UND billboards on the way the stretch from Fargo to the cities. 0 NDSU billboards.

TheBisonator
07-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Saw the same thing. I was up near Pelican Rapids this weekend. I saw 3 UND billboards on the way the stretch from Fargo to the cities. 0 NDSU billboards.

Uh-oh. I'm going up to Winnipeg in a couple days, Gonna have to deal with looking at that crap.

Bison03
07-25-2012, 09:04 PM
As long as we are ripping other schools videos, here is the "He Who Must Not Be Named" school's video. The song in it mentions "Flash of Lightening"; I though we own all lightening logos or references in sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0BG-c9xKRM&amp;feature=player_embedded#!

Tatanka
07-25-2012, 09:08 PM
As long as we are ripping other schools videos, here is the "He Who Must Not Be Named" school's video. The song in it mentions "Flash of Lightening"; I though we own all lightening logos or references in sports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0BG-c9xKRM&feature=player_embedded#!

At 0:02, is that Mussman "putting the screws" to some poor recruit?
And at 0:20, does that poor bastard realize that even if he does flap his arms hard enough to get off the ground, that he's still locked inside a tin shed with a bunch of empty seats?
Nice that they were able to capture 10% of teh actual student attendance in that one shot at 0:27.

OK I'm done.

aces1180
07-25-2012, 09:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0BG-c9xKRM&amp;feature=player_embedded#!

I would have really like to see the footage of the last-second field goals against Northern Colorado and Sioux Falls.

Also, the bearded cowboy makes an appearance and that makes me smile.

Bison03
07-25-2012, 10:08 PM
And at 0:20, does that poor bastard realize that even if he does flap his arms hard enough to get off the ground, that he's still locked inside a tin shed with a bunch of empty seats?
Nice that they were able to capture 10% of teh actual student attendance in that one shot at 0:27.

OK I'm done.

Also at 0:44. Probably shows most of the students that were there. That is not smack. Take out the band and about 100 students showed up for games. Of those die hard fans, about 25 stayed to watch the second half. I guess most of their student section was passed out from the night before or at the Red Pepper.

BadlandsBison
07-26-2012, 12:52 AM

OK I'm done.

Lulz, look at the stands in the background during the video. Kinda embarrassing

344Johnson
07-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Also at 0:44. Probably shows most of the students that were there. That is not smack. Take out the band an about 100 students showed up for games. Of those die hard fans, about 25 stayed to watch the second half. I guess most of their student section was passed out from the night before or at the Red Pepper.

Don't worry. They play Montana at home this year. Excitement is at an all-time high. Students will come this year.

JustinTyem
07-26-2012, 01:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0BG-c9xKRM&feature=player_embedded#!Sioux SUCK!!!!!! Makes me wanna puke,the music belongs in a Bison commercial,not the other team up north.

BadlandsBison
07-26-2012, 02:08 AM

The only thing they delivered was fail
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg