PDA

View Full Version : Century Link Outage

imabison
07-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Anyone else without Century Link hi speed??? Out since Tuesday znd when you call it goes to messahe that they arr award of the outage and working on it. I wonder if Midco cut their line by error??

bri-dog
07-05-2012, 11:49 PM
I had an outage in Denver last week -- it lasted two days. They told me 24-48 hours was their "average" outage. It sucks.

imabison
07-06-2012, 03:31 PM
I had an outage in Denver last week -- it lasted two days. They told me 24-48 hours was their "average" outage. It sucks.

They are ticking me off now. I went online from work to the live "Chat" from the website. Got the response I am in Sale but we are not aware of ANY outages and
will get you to techical support. Ok figure they will have a tech come online, no a popup box comes up to download a program that will do a diagnostics check.
Helllooooooo I told you I was online from work and not from home, and I am not downloading a program. I will have to got to the kiosk at West Acres and see
what they say and then probably call and this time talk to a live technician and have them tell me exactly what the problem is.
grrrrrrr

HerdBot
07-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Mine is working fine. No issues other than no ESPN3.

backpages
07-06-2012, 07:29 PM
I had Century Link problems most of last week. I spent nearly an hour with tech. support doing all sorts of adjustments to my moden via there instructions. Nothing worked and then they informed me there was a regional outage. It came back in about 18-hours but was spotty the next few days. Now it's good but I can't help but check the internet light on my modem each time I go online. It is frustrating at times.

imabison
07-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I had Century Link problems most of last week. I spent nearly an hour with tech. support doing all sorts of adjustments to my moden via there instructions. Nothing worked and then they informed me there was a regional outage. It came back in about 18-hours but was spotty the next few days. Now it's good but I can't help but check the internet light on my modem each time I go online. It is frustrating at times.
Wairing for their twch to come and determine if its their line outside or mine inside. Already have a new modem as they determined the old was fried. Thanks to Brad the manager of the kiosk at West Acres. Stay tuned.

They did admit to having an issue, but said had been resolved, why then does the message say they still have the issue and are working on it. Confused

BisonNation11
07-07-2012, 03:50 PM
We just got back to town yesterday and noticed we were experiencing problems. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it gave us our internet back. I've had to do it a couple times, but has been fine for the last 12 hours (crossing fingers)

imabison
07-07-2012, 05:25 PM
We just got back to town yesterday and noticed we were experiencing problems. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and it gave us our internet back. I've had to do it a couple times, but has been fine for the last 12 hours (crossing fingers)

Well I am back online, dual failure which puzzled the tech.
Modem was definitely shot, and somehow perhaps when I unplugged the phone line it
shorted a wire. He replaced a connector, disconnected all the unused phone jacks in the
house which he said should make it more efficient.

All is good. Speed back up over 1.2 down and 564 up which for my service is as good as I can get.