PDA

View Full Version : Line 'em up.

BlueKeyAlum
06-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Thoughts on starters? rotations? Minutes played?

My thoughts on starters and subbing patterns:

PG: Birkel. - could move to 2G when Becken enters game.
G: Van Kirk - (Birkel rotates over when Becken subs in)
W: Linz- (Van Kirk rotates over when Becken subs in, also Gaines rotating in)
W: DeGagne - (Out on a limb: will say Holly Johnson rotates in)
P: Burkch - (Jones subs 1st, Stephenson subs 2nd).

Birkel, Van Kirk, Linz, DeGagne, Burich, Becken and Jones/Stephenson will play primary minutes. Unless drastic growth has occured, our post back-up is so weak. Plenty of opportunity for a player like Liz Keena or Holly Johnson to earn playing time.

Will we EVER see Browning play?

BlueKeyAlum
08-23-2012, 12:12 AM
Women are holding tryouts.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205642631

The roster indicates 16 players. I don't understand the need for tryouts.

leeshajo
08-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Seriously? Holding tryouts? This is no joke?

This is in all honesty weird to me... are things really that bleak in NDSU Women's Hoops? As a Jack Fan i keep thinking you all will turn it around one of these days.. but this just seems a sign of things slipping lower to me.

Tatanka
08-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Seriously? Holding tryouts? This is no joke?

This is in all honesty weird to me... are things really that bleak in NDSU Women's Hoops? As a Jack Fan i keep thinking you all will turn it around one of these days.. but this just seems a sign of things slipping lower to me.Well, every sport at NDSU has announced open tryouts, including Men's Track (just got the notification). Pretty sure that's not related to performance unless they're trying to give the rest of the conference a chance.

roadwarrior
08-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Announced today:

Tryouts for men's track
Tryouts for women's track

Announced earlier:

Tryouts for soccer
Tryouts for volleyball

I see a pattern. Maybe they want to give every student a chance to participate.

leeshajo
08-23-2012, 09:10 PM
so it isn't just women's hoops? That is good. I was wondering what was going on behind the scenes that hadn't been reported.. ie injuries, people leaving team.

roadwarrior
08-23-2012, 09:15 PM
There are 16 players listed on this year's roster. One of them (Brooke Lemar) is a transfer from SIU and has to sit out this year. Two others (Katie Birkel and Jamie Van Kirk) will be returning from knee injuries last season, but are expected to be ready.

Bisonionette
08-24-2012, 06:14 PM
I've seen Brooke in open Gym... she's the real deal... I hope the team cn keep up with her.. She looks fantastic in transition

HerdBot
08-24-2012, 07:45 PM
whenever I think of womens hoops, all i can think of is :facepalm: Hope this year is good.

TAILG8R
08-24-2012, 08:24 PM
whenever I think of womens hoops, all i can think of is :facepalm: Hope this year is better.

FIFY

ten chars

BlueKeyAlum
08-24-2012, 09:32 PM
I've seen Brooke in open Gym... she's the real deal... I hope the team cn keep up with her.. She looks fantastic in transition

Wish we had her this year. Oh, well. She can push Becken in practice.

Compared to everyone else in the conference, we're experienced. I just don't feel confident that this team is capable of a top 3 finish. And I think a large part of it is chemistry and that DeHoff figures a great deal in that issue.

BlueKeyAlum
09-12-2012, 04:42 PM
https://twitter.com/BisonRule/status/244184996074627072/photo/1

Elephants Dream?
09-25-2012, 05:26 AM
I've seen Brooke in open Gym... she's the real deal... I hope the team can keep up with her.. She looks fantastic in transition
I haven't seen her on the court yet. She's listed as 5'-6" which might be stretching it
from what I've seen of her. I hope you're correct about the talent level!