PDA

View Full Version : DJ MCNORTON *RB CHANNELVIEW,TX. STATS FOR 05,06,

DKMACNO
01-27-2007, 01:13 AM
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * JUST GIVE DJ A CHANCE.

OFFICIAL STATS: 06

RB ALL-DISTRICT 21-5A *( TEXAS )
ALL-DISTRICT HONORS RB.( 1130 YDS 6.5 AVG *11 TDS.)
ALL-DISTRICT HONORS WR.( 32 RECPT. 247 YDS. 2 TDS. )
ALL-DISTRICT HONORS PR.& KR ( 300 YDS. 18 AVG 2 TDS.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * 1677 YDS. 14 TDS. TOTAL

OFFICIAL STATS: 05

WR ALL-DISTRICT 23-4A * ( TEXAS )
ALL-DISTRICT HONORS RB. ( 875 YDS 5.4 AVG *8 TDS.)
ALL-DISTRICT HONORS WR.(29 RECPT 395 YDS. 9 TDS.)
ALL-DISTRICT HONORS PR.& KR (285 YDS 25 AVG *1 TDS.)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * 1555 YDS. 16 TDS. TOTAL

AFTER SEEING THE HIGHLIGHT TAPE THAT NDSU STAFF HAS, EVERY TRUE BISON FAN BETTER BE READY

DO THE PEOPLE THINK THAT HE CAN HELP THE BISON'S WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2008

sambini
01-27-2007, 02:41 AM
I think DJ will do a fine job for the BISON. And DJ AND THE OLD BALL COACH WELCOME TO NDSU AND BISONVILLE.

tony
01-27-2007, 09:49 AM
All I know is that cutback move DJ made on the highlight tape's kickoff return was so good that it almost broke MY ankles. I'm pretty sure that NDSU won't have anybody on the team better suited to returning kicks and punts than McNorton in 2008, but I hope the other backs make it tough for DJ to get into the rotation.

tcbison
01-27-2007, 02:22 PM
The highlight tape was great to watch. What I really like is the fact that he had a lot of receptions and can return kicks as well. I am sure both those qualities will get him on the field faster.

Gamehunter
01-27-2007, 05:36 PM
All I know is that cutback move DJ made on the highlight tape's kickoff return was so good that it almost broke MY ankles. I'm pretty sure that NDSU won't have anybody on the team better suited to returning kicks and punts than McNorton in 2008, but I hope the other backs make it tough for DJ to get into the rotation.

Washington?
I don't doubt this guy is the real deal, but since he is still a high school recruit it might be a little early to start putting him ahead of our all-american RS.

99Bison
01-27-2007, 05:40 PM
I think Tony forgot Washington will be around yet in 08.

BisonNeil
01-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree, his receptions out of the backfield got my attention also. I doubt, however, that he will get as pumped up as Roehl does when he catches one from his FB position ;D ;D

Mr._Burgundy
01-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey Old Ball Coach.....have you heard if he is expecting to redshirt or not? Thanks for the help.

DKMACNO
01-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey Old Ball Coach.....have you heard if he is expecting to redshirt or not? *Thanks for the help.REDSHIRT,
THE WORD AROUND THE OLD COACHES OFFICE IS---REDSHIRTING IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. HE'S NOT COMING THAT FAR FROM TEXAS TO BE REDSHIRTED. NOW SOME OF US OLD BALL COACHES HERE IN TEXAS THINK HE'S READY FOR THE NEXT LEVEL NOW.

silkamilkamonico
01-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey Old Ball Coach.....have you heard if he is expecting to redshirt or not? *Thanks for the help.REDSHIRT,
THE WORD AROUND THE OLD COACHES OFFICE IS---REDSHIRTING IS OUT OF THE QUESTION. HE'S NOT COMING THAT FAR FROM TEXAS TO BE REDSHIRTED. NOW SOME OF US OLD BALL COACHES HERE IN TEXAS THINK HE'S READY FOR THE NEXT LEVEL NOW.

I hope he doesn't redshirt. I wouldn't mind seeing him start from the get go, if he's good enough and earns the position.

Scooter
01-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Isn't it fun to speculate. *DJ hasn't even signed a letter of intent yet and we already have his red shirt pulled for next year. *God, this is fun. *Let's hope that when DJ does get up to NDSU that the coaches do what is best for DJ. *Coming into college and playing as a true freshman is tough for anyone. *I hesitate putting those kind of immediate expectations on any high school kid.

Remember this... *2376 yard senior season
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * 32 *100+ yard games
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * 6103 *yards for his high school career... * *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *Brower started out last year as a backup linebacker for NDSU.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * And, Brower raised a few eyebrows when he carried the ball last year.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * (except for Lakesbison's he knew all along) (the cupboard isn't bare, guys)

Also...........*Chapman's HS senior season yard/carry average was INSANE something like 12 ypc

I'm sure if the coaches think DJ is ready to go and beats out the other guys, we'll see him on the field next year. *If this happens... unfortunately 4 years from now I'll be typing.."Damn, I wish DJ had one more year left."

Gamehunter
01-28-2007, 02:39 AM
or just find another DJ in the next 4 years. These are the kind of recruits NDSU will be pulling in, not the exception.

Between Blincoe, Brower, DJ, and Pat and then if Chapman comes back I would think at least one of these guys will be a 1000+ yrd all-conf caliber by the end of the season or even better.

Mr._Bill
01-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Related to DJ reshirting or not, it depends on whether you are doing what is best for the team or what the kid wants. If he doesn't redshirt, the backfield is starting to get crowded, espcially if chapman returns with his old form, and he may not get enough carries to warrant playing his FR year.. IMO, Blincoe has the nod until someone shows show us differently.

If Blincoe, Paschal, Chapman, Brower, Jangula, Roehl are all in the 2007 lineup, it would be best for the team if DJ and V-lander are both Redshirted, and have 4 years of playoff eligibility. Good problems to have.

Flintstone
01-28-2007, 03:42 PM
I am guessing that it all depends on if Chapman is back. If he is back, I think they will both redshirt as we would already be four deep with Blincoe, Chapman, Brower and Paschal. If not, I think one of them will and one won't.

I'm excited to see what Blincoe can do after he's been in the strength program for a year.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-31-2007, 12:53 PM
We could always redshirt both runningbacks and pull one of their redshirts if it gets to the point where we need one of them.

lakesbison
02-02-2007, 04:40 AM
IF we cant talk to DJ's uncle on here.. what about this crap on Sioux sports that someone forwarded to me!???

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7489&pid=224442&st=120&#entry2 24442

Mark and Steve were the two Veldmans who played at UND. Didn't a third play at Moorhead State? If this kid is Mark or Steve's kid, and anyone played on those teams with them in the early 1980's, call those guys and make sure we don't lose this kid to the AC. Tell them if they let their son or nephew go to the AC Gene Murphy will come back and run over them with his scooter and make them do power conditioning until they puke. This kid could make this one of the best recruiting classes in school history.

HMMM NCAA Compliance Office??

99Bison
02-02-2007, 05:33 AM
We could always redshirt both runningbacks and pull one of their redshirts if it gets to the point where we need one of them.

How about potentially moving brower back to LB if we end up being that staffed..?

Sorry Lakes.

imported_admin
02-02-2007, 08:36 AM
IF we cant talk to DJ's uncle on here.. what about this crap on Sioux sports that someone forwarded to me!???

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7489&pid=224442&st=120&#entry2 24442

Mark and Steve were the two Veldmans who played at UND. Didn't a third play at Moorhead State? If this kid is Mark or Steve's kid, and anyone played on those teams with them in the early 1980's, call those guys and make sure we don't lose this kid to the AC. Tell them if they let their son or nephew go to the AC Gene Murphy will come back and run over them with his scooter and make them do power conditioning until they puke. This kid could make this one of the best recruiting classes in school history.

HMMM * NCAA Compliance Office??

Play time is over. I've tried reasoning with Lakes through PMs but it is obviously not working. I don't care if Billy's mom lets him do it; it's not right.

Boosters (and the definition of booster is very broad) cannot get involved in recruiting. Period. There are no exceptions like, "Well, they do it on the Hokie board." It's tacky. It's against NCAA rules. And, seriously, who thinks that having beery middle-aged fans like me get involved in kids' decisions is a hot idea?

The risk: a) A permanent ban of the offending fan on any association with with NDSU. b) Extremely bad publicity for NDSU. c) The student involved will lose eligibility and probably have to transfer to another school. d) And if you use this board to do it and I allow it, you've made me party to your idiocy (thus, I'm going to make it absolutely clear that it will not be tolerated here).

Now, normally I'd open the floor to hear about all the glorious benefits of having fans get involved in the recruiting ("Satter never would have gone to NDSU, but I cornered his dad at the West Acres Orange Julius and told him that NDSU rocks and Satter would be a fool for going anywhere else. If I hadn't done that, he'd have ended up at Concordia."), but right now I don't want to hear about it. The minuscule amount of patience I have on reserve is all gone - in fact, I think this last post by Lakes used up a three months' supply.

Obviously there are a limited number of things I can control, but I do know this: LakesBison is going to pledge on this board never to get involved in recruiting -or- I'll do my level best to make sure he never posts here again.

There is not going to be any doubt in anybody's mind about my position on fans getting involved in recruiting: There is zero tolerance. That means posts will be deleted and users banned.

02Bison
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM

HMMM * NCAA Compliance Office??

Play time is over. I've tried reasoning with Lakes through PMs but it is obviously not working. I don't care if Billy's mom lets him do it; it's not right. *
Boosters (and the definition of booster is very broad) cannot get involved in recruiting. Period. There are no exceptions like, "Well, they do it on the Hokie board." It's tacky. It's against NCAA rules. And, seriously, who thinks that having beery middle-aged fans like me get involved in kids' decisions is a hot idea? *
The risk: a) A permanent ban of the offending fan on any association with with NDSU. b) Extremely bad publicity for NDSU. c) The student involved will lose eligibility and probably have to transfer to another school. d) And if you use this board to do it and I allow it, you've made me party to your idiocy (thus, I'm going to make it absolutely clear that it will not be tolerated here). *
Now, normally I'd open the floor to hear about all the glorious benefits of having fans get involved in the recruiting ("Satter never would have gone to NDSU, but I cornered his dad at the West Acres Orange Julius and told him that NDSU rocks and Satter would be a fool for going anywhere else. If I hadn't done that, he'd have ended up at Concordia."), but right now I don't want to hear about it. The minuscule amount of patience I have on reserve is all gone - in fact, I think this last post by Lakes used up a three months' supply. * *
Obviously there are a limited number of things I can control, but I do know this: LakesBison is going to pledge on this board never to get involved in recruiting -or- I'll do my level best to make sure he never posts here again.

There is not going to be any doubt in anybody's mind about my position on fans getting involved in recruiting: There is zero tolerance. That means posts will be deleted and users banned.

Thanks Tony. Leave any and all recruiting efforts to the coaches guys. That's their jobs, not yours!

Hambone
02-02-2007, 01:25 PM
What Lakes isn't telling you, is that if you read the rest of the thread after that one post on SS, you would have seen a couple people right away say that you can't do that and it's a violation and quote specific recruiting guidelines saying that. *So, I think that would have gotten the message across to the one poster who posted that.

Firetruck football rules. ;D ;D

imported_admin
02-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Lakes, I need you to acknowledge that you know you can't be involved in recruiting in anyway - not on this board or any board, not anywhere. I need you to do it on this board on a post that we can all see or, so help me, I giving you the permanent boot.