PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 schedule

BlueKeyAlum
06-19-2012, 03:06 AM
The Bison will be in Puerto Rico from Nov. 22-24 for the San Juan Shootout according to this release from Eastern Kentucky University.

http://www.ekusports.com/news/2012/6/18/WBBALL_0618120941.aspx

Virginia, Vanderbilt, and Syracuse all participated in post season play last year.

TheBisonator
06-25-2012, 04:14 AM
Seems like our women's team schedules somewhat more aggressively than the men's team, but the women's team is having the most problems on the court.

You gotta give the ladies credit for doing their best to play the best they can.

BlueKeyAlum
06-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Bison add two.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205498519#.T-iGIX_SN-A.twitter

Brooke LeMar, pg transfer from So . Illinois. "While at Southern Illinois University, LeMar started in 40 of 60 games played and logged over 1500 minutes, averaging 25 minutes per game. In two seasons, she dished out 194 assists to crack the Saluki’s record books."

Mareena Whittle, Vermont South, Australia.

LeMar sits out a year per transfer rules. Whittle eligible right away.

imabison
06-27-2012, 01:34 AM
The Bison will be in Puerto Rico from Nov. 22-24 for the San Juan Shootout according to this release from Eastern Kentucky University.

http://www.ekusports.com/news/2012/6/18/WBBALL_0618120941.aspx

Virginia, Vanderbilt, and Syracuse all participated in post season play last year.

Izzo reported this on WDAY sports tonight and that NDSU women will play UND in Fargo this year
at a date that has not yet been totally finalized yet.

imabison
06-27-2012, 04:13 AM
Izzo reported this on WDAY sports tonight and that NDSU women will play UND in Fargo this year

From Izzo late November or early December definitely in Fargo.

Answer Guy
06-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Any idea how big an RPI hit this will be for UND?

runtheoption
06-27-2012, 08:01 PM

Playing NDSU and getting a moral victory (keeping it within 15 points) should raise UND's RPI dramatically. Kinda like UND's football team getting votes in last's year FCS top 25 poll.

BlueKeyAlum
06-27-2012, 08:21 PM

Seriously, I was thinking the same thing.

Answer Guy
06-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Playing NDSU and getting a moral victory (keeping it within 15 points) should raise UND's RPI dramatically.

I guess we could discuss how many points you're going to give me over a frosty one.

Same bet as your tailgating buddy?

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/Charlie013-1.jpg

runtheoption
06-27-2012, 09:11 PM
I guess we could discuss how many points you're going to give me over a frosty one.

Same bet as your tailgating buddy?

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/Charlie013-1.jpg

I am glad you referred to him as my tailgating buddy, because away from the west lots, I can't stand that friggin guy. Something about 2 lawyers in close proximity to each other just doesn't work. Prolly too much awesomeness.

The bet: I will have to do some research because I don't know a thing about either women's BB team.

Answer Guy
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM

Just so I’ve got this straight…someone at NDSU leaked this information to Izzo before the contract was signed, correct?

Knowing how you guys like to crucify the coziness of the media and call for heads to roll in an athletic department out of control, I’d like to hear someone polish this turd without sounding like a hypocrite.

I’ll await the outrage.

BadlandsBison
06-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Just so I’ve got this straight…someone at NDSU leaked this information to Izzo before the contract was signed, correct?

Knowing how you guys like to crucify the coziness of the media and call for heads to roll in an athletic department out of control, I’d like to hear someone polish this turd without sounding like a hypocrite.

I’ll await the outrage.

I get the feeling you're gearing up for another answer guy blog. The absence of Lakes hasn't left you with a shortage of targets. Go ahead, teh imperial Cass is ripe for a beating ;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

imabison
06-28-2012, 06:30 PM

I’ll await the outrage.

Yes IZZO said it on his 6 pm and 10 pm sports cast that day. It was also in the GFHerald as a short blurb and
today
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/239697/group/Sports/
If I had more time I would take them all to task for not being accurate and stating the facts that
NDSU has resumed playing in baseball, and volleyball also.

Answer Guy
06-28-2012, 08:38 PM
I get the feeling you're gearing up for another answer guy blog. The absence of Lakes hasn't left you with a shortage of targets. Go ahead, teh imperial Cass is ripe for a beating ;)

I wasn't, but it's worth considering, Sparky!

I was just bored enought to ponder why leaking stuff to the press suddenly became so acceptable, when it happens in teh imperial Cass. Haven't heard anyone dispute that Izzo got this from NDSU.

The trouble is until a contract is signed nothing should be in the media. PERIOD.

It is about being professional. "leaking" to the media isn't professional.

Here's my suggestion to Mr. Faison: Find out who leaked it and FIRE THEM ON THE SPOT AND DO IT AS PUBLICLY AS POSSIBLE. Then call you entire department together and tell them that any further "leaks" will be dealt with the same way.

NorthernBison
06-29-2012, 12:38 PM
I wasn't, but it's worth considering, Sparky!

I was just bored enought to ponder why leaking stuff to the press suddenly became so acceptable, when it happens in teh imperial Cass. Haven't heard anyone dispute that Izzo got this from NDSU.

Aw Crap. Another post comes back to bite me in the butt. I've really got nothing other than the fact that scheduling for all sports but football rests with the coaches and they typically share bits and pieces of upcoming schedules before the whole schedule is released. The AD has always been OK with that.

I would think the preferrable way to handle the announcement of resuming a game like this one would be to make it a bit of a big deal and AFTER the contract is signed. I think an opportunity was missed.

Take note: I refused to go the Lakes route: "Nobody cares about Women's basketball so it's not a big deal." :facepalm:

bincitysioux
07-01-2012, 03:52 AM

I for one look forward to this series being resumed. IMO these are two programs where fan interest dwindled the most throughout each schools' respective transition to DI. I attended the final regular season game at Ralph Engelstad Arena back in 2004. There were over 7,000 in attendance (yes, it was a double-header) and it was a frenzy. I would think this game should come close to a sell out the BSA, and I'd think a game in GF the following year at the Sioux Center would easily sell out, and possibly be moved to the REA or Alerus. College women's basketball in North Dakota used to be a big deal around here, and I think starting up this series should make it so again. Since both the Big Sky and the Summit League have two of the best mid-major women's basketball programs in the country in Montana and SDSU, you'd think that our state could get excited about the sport. Afterall, NDSU and North Dakota dominated DII for about 10-12 years prior to the break up of the NCC, and I remember full houses at each venue.

Football is an entirely different animal. But I think North Dakota and NDSU should compete as often as possible in virtually every other sport. In men's basketball there were 10,000 in Fargo and 7,500 in GF. The interest is there.

siouxdgj
07-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I for one look forward to this series being resumed. IMO these are two programs where fan interest dwindled the most throughout each schools' respective transition to DI. I attended the final regular season game at Ralph Engelstad Arena back in 2004. There were over 7,000 in attendance (yes, it was a double-header) and it was a frenzy. I would think this game should come close to a sell out the BSA, and I'd think a game in GF the following year at the Sioux Center would easily sell out, and possibly be moved to the REA or Alerus. College women's basketball in North Dakota used to be a big deal around here, and I think starting up this series should make it so again. Since both the Big Sky and the Summit League have two of the best mid-major women's basketball programs in the country in Montana and SDSU, you'd think that our state could get excited about the sport. Afterall, NDSU and North Dakota dominated DII for about 10-12 years prior to the break up of the NCC, and I remember full houses at each venue.

Football is an entirely different animal. But I think North Dakota and NDSU should compete as often as possible in virtually every other sport. In men's basketball there were 10,000 in Fargo and 7,500 in GF. The interest is there.

I quite agree. If memory serves me correctly, between the two schools the NDSU and UND women's basketball teams--one or the other--played in 11 straight Division II national championship games between 1991 and 2001, NDSU winning five national titles and UND three in that span, a remarkable achievement under any circumstance. Eight national titles and three national runnerup finishes, think of it. I would think it really wouldn't take all that much to rekindle the fire and the enthusiasm of that period.

BlueKeyAlum
07-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Bison will be in Alaska Anchorage to compete in Great Alaska Shootout with Prairie View, Utah State and host UAA.

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58339&SPID=6357&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=205502251

b15on
08-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Bison will be in Alaska Anchorage to compete in Great Alaska Shootout with Prairie View, Utah State and host UAA.

This new Alaska trip will take the place of Puerto Rico's shootout. Not too good of a trade in my mind.

JSUBison
08-01-2012, 04:49 PM

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58339&SPID=6357&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13400&ATCLID=205502251

Will NDSU play each of those teams, or is it set up tournament style? PV sucks, UAA is a good DII but still a DII, and USU will be the favorite I think. NDSU better go minimum 2-1.

b15on
08-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Will NDSU play each of those teams, or is it set up tournament style? PV sucks, UAA is a good DII but still a DII, and USU will be the favorite I think. NDSU better go minimum 2-1.

Last year, it looked like this:

Women's Schedule

Wednesday, Nov. 23 - First Round
2 p.m. - South Florida 86, Central Michigan 80, OT
4 p.m. - Miami 72, Alaska Anchorage 55

Thursday, Nov. 24
2 pm - Central Michigan 90, Alaska Anchorage 84 OT (3rd place)
4 pm - Miami 92, South Florida 72 (championship)

b15on
08-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Two rounds, two games. Sounds pretty weak. The two-round system was also used in the year before as well.

BlueKeyAlum
08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
sigh....keeps gettin' better, doesn't it?

BlueKeyAlum
08-02-2012, 02:03 PM
SDSU releases their schedule

• Sat, Nov 10 Villanova (Pa.) ** at Minneapolis, Minn.
• Sun, Nov 11 at Minnesota +o r vs. Washington State at Minneapolis, Minn.
• Wed, Nov 14 Creighton *** Frost Arena
• Sun, Nov 18 Nebraska *** Frost Arena
• Wed, Nov 21 Northern Illinois at DeKalb, Ill.
• Fri, Nov 23 Central Michigan ** at Mount Pleasant, Mich
• Wed, Nov 28 Marquette (Wis.) Frost Arena
• Sat, Dec 01 Middle Tennessee *** State Frost Arena
• Tue, Dec 04 Eastern Michigan *** Frost Arena
• Sat, Dec 08 Northern Iowa + at Cedar Falls, Iowa
• Sun, Dec 16 Penn State *** at University Park, Pa
• Tue, Dec 18 Delaware State Frost Arena
• Fri, Dec 21 Georgetown *** at Washington, D.C.

*** NCAA tourney participant
** WNIT tourney participant
+ WBI tourney participant -- minny beat UNI in the finals of this tourney.

b15on
08-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Confirmed: NDSU WBB will host UND in Fargo on November 30th, 1st game between schools since 2004

b15on
08-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Great Alaska Shootout, 17-Home Games Highlight 2012-13 NDSU Women's Basketball Schedule (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205576317) which was just released today.

BlueKeyAlum
08-13-2012, 03:35 PM
With UNO and USD joining SDSU in the Summit and out of conference games against UNC and UND, the schedule has a retro feel.