PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Badlands Bowl

4mcruenomore
06-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Looks like our O-line will be pretty stout:

"The line is led by North Dakota State recruits Jack Plankers of Kindred and Landon Lechler of Beach, as well as University of North Dakota-bound Conrad Schwarzkopf of Bismarck Century.

Plankers (6-foot-7, 290 pounds) and Lechler (6-7, 240) earned praise at Monday afternoon’s practice while making lanes for all-state running backs Seth Weseby of Mandan and Zayne Medhaug of Wahpeton on the right side of the line. "

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/58845/

BadlandsBison
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Meh, I haven't heard of any Ryan Smith calibre athletes in ND this year, and Montana always seems to have one. The line looks good but we never win if we don't have speed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Bison Dan
06-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Does anyone know who are preferred walk-on's are?

reformedUNDfan
06-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Dustin Adams, a 6-4, 290-pound offensive tackle from Minot High who is going to Northern Illinois University, is not playing in the Badlands Bowl.

did this guy choose NIU over NDSU and UND? I don't remember hearing about him.

westnodak93bison
06-12-2012, 09:08 PM

I think he originally verballed to Hawaii then changed his mind.

Hambone
06-12-2012, 09:13 PM
I think he originally verballed to Hawaii then changed his mind.

This is correct. Once he decommitted from Hawaii, I think he visited NIU and verballed right after, so I don't believe he gave either ND school a sniff.

SamsRams
06-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Does anyone know who are preferred walk-on's are?

Arp is the only one we know of on that list. Werness, Yazzie, Maris, Hardacker are the only other ones I can remember and I thought I saw Willistons QB was also looking at walking on

SamsRams
06-12-2012, 11:50 PM

yeah that is three straight years an FBS lineman came out of NoDak high schools. Qvale, McGovern and now Adams

4mcruenomore
06-12-2012, 11:53 PM
IMO Monke worded it as to infer that guy was the only "real" DI player. He has told me before he thinks FCS is glorified DII.

SamsRams
06-13-2012, 12:10 AM
IMO Monke worded it as to infer that guy was the only "real" DI player. He has told me before he thinks FCS is glorified DII.

HAHA, he as obviously never seen a MAC game,they are glorified NSIC

CaBisonFan
06-13-2012, 04:28 AM

It's like this...DII has been a glorified DII for over 20 years...and many of our old playoff rivals are in the FCS...and a couple are in the FBS.

And oh...some of our current FCS rivals were in DII when we were dominating it...and they sat at home.

heffray
06-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Arp is the only one we know of on that list. Werness, Yazzie, Maris, Hardacker are the only other ones I can remember and I thought I saw Willistons QB was also looking at walking on

What? More Western ND talent on the Roster...? That's it, it's a lock, I'm booking my tickets to Frisco today...

4mcruenomore
06-14-2012, 01:33 PM
What? More Western ND talent on the Roster...? That's it, it's a lock, I'm booking my tickets to Frisco today...

Very funny

tony
06-14-2012, 02:37 PM
I don't see MJ Stumpf's name on the roster. Does that mean that his shoulder is still rehabbing? Pretty sure that he missed basketball season, but he did run four events at the state track meet.

runtheoption
06-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Looks like our O-line will be pretty stout:

"The line is led by North Dakota State recruits Jack Plankers of Kindred and Landon Lechler of Beach, as well as University of North Dakota-bound Conrad Schwarzkopf of Bismarck Century.

Plankers (6-foot-7, 290 pounds) and Lechler (6-7, 240)...

I think these 2, along with Dexter Werner (6-6, 240, still think he is playing the wrong college sport) would have made for an impressive ND o-line recruiting class.

I am not taking anything away from Sam Hahn and Zack Johnson, these 2 are obviously players.

Is Schwarzkopf playing football?

ndsubison1
06-14-2012, 04:35 PM
yeah that is three straight years an FBS lineman came out of NoDak high schools. Qvale, McGovern and now Adams

qvale was 2009

thebigund
06-14-2012, 05:04 PM
I think these 2, along with Dexter Werner (6-6, 240, still think he is playing the wrong college sport) would have made for an impressive ND o-line recruiting class.

I am not taking anything away from Sam Hahn and Zack Johnson, these 2 are obviously players.

Is Schwarzkopf playing football?
He is walking on at the UND at DT most likely

4mcruenomore
06-16-2012, 01:45 PM
We might not produce the razzle,dazzle, human highlight reel players in the state, but we do usually produce some beefy farm kids:

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/59004/

EndZoneQB
06-16-2012, 04:16 PM
We might not produce the razzle,dazzle, human highlight reel players in the state, but we do usually produce some beefy farm kids:

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/59004/

Nothing but love for NDSU recruits this week. Kind of weird.

MN_BISON
06-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Will this game be streamed for our viewing pleasure?

ndsubison1
06-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Will this game be streamed for our viewing pleasure?

last year you could watch it online i believe

MN_BISON
06-16-2012, 07:32 PM

Good deal, if anyone has the linky, please post it.

MN_BISON
06-16-2012, 07:40 PM
http://polarcomm.com/engine/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Badlands-Bowl-2012.pdf

The link shows local ND cable companies that will show the game live and I think you'll be able to stream it on www.beksports.com (http://www.beksports.com)

Tatanka
06-16-2012, 08:44 PM
http://polarcomm.com/engine/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Badlands-Bowl-2012.pdf

The link shows local ND cable companies that will show the game live and I think you'll be able to stream it on www.beksports.com (http://www.beksports.com)

oooooh, live broadcast to over 30,000 households across North Dakota and Montana... wow :rolleyes: at least they're streaming it online.

MNLonghorn10
06-16-2012, 09:14 PM
oooooh, live broadcast to over 30,000 households across North Dakota and Montana... wow :rolleyes: at least they're streaming it online.
haha. yea good thing langdon can watch it, and not fargo.

56BISON73
06-16-2012, 10:31 PM

ESPN3?????? How do I get it?

Hammersmith
06-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Here are the NDSU commitments playing in the game:

TE/DL Justin Arp
OL/DL Landon Lechler
OL/DL Jack Plankers

All are on the ND team.

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 12:31 AM
6-0 MT so far, but we are finally running the ball with huge holes, 10,6,10,8 yards at a time

Hammersmith
06-17-2012, 01:14 AM
14-6 MT late in the 2nd. All touchdowns with no made PATs. A 2pt conversion on MT's 2nd TD and a failed 2pt conv on ND's.

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 01:35 AM
14-9 halftime. No kickers were signed up for the game, interesting. A 32 yard kick made by Fargo South Baune, who is listed as a WR

Halftime, 23 attempts for 128 yards rushing, 10-22 for 105 passing

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 01:52 AM
15-14 good guys, finally

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 02:29 AM
27-15, D getting carved up, 11:40 to go. Their passing attack just killed us

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 02:59 AM
27-15 Montana, final

BadlandsBison
06-17-2012, 03:45 AM
Darn you Montana high schoolers.

The_Sicatoka
06-17-2012, 05:10 AM
Their passing attack just killed us

Why is it other states can seem to pass the football in HS, but ND HS can't.

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Why is it other states can seem to pass the football in HS, but ND HS can't.

IMO, poor coaching. If we would have just grinded it out with our big O-line (NDSU style) we could have kept their D on the field and did just fine. Burke (Griz WR) had 9 catches for 124 yards and 2 TD's. We had too many 3 & out's with tipped balls, dropped passes, or inaccurate throws. We got away from what we are typically good at and tried to match their passing attack, IMO. Hopefully coach Sheldon (Mandan) is on the staff next year.

NorthernBison
06-17-2012, 03:30 PM
IMO, poor coaching. If we would have just grinded it out with our big O-line (NDSU style) we could have kept their D on the field and did just fine. Burke (Griz WR) had 9 catches for 124 yards and 2 TD's. We had too many 3 & out's with tipped balls, dropped passes, or inaccurate throws. We got away from what we are typically good at and tried to match their passing attack, IMO. Hopefully coach Sheldon (Mandan) is on the staff next year.

Yeah, Rod knows very little about football.

All-star games are about allowing players to show their skills. ALL of the players.

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah, Rod knows very little about football.

All-star games are about allowing players to show their skills. ALL of the players.

Why is BV full of suck dick heads. I never said he knew very little about football and I know what all-star games are about. It's also an "all-star" coaching staff you know, maybe some of those guys want to show their skill and actually win? Thanks for your insight,you are brilliant.

DjKyRo
06-17-2012, 05:00 PM
They should have had Winger coach the team. His mustache alone is good for at least three touchdowns per game.

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 05:04 PM
I also think that if you are really worried about the players because it's an all-star game, I'm sure they love getting torched, that really helps them show their "skill" You put them in a position to play against superior talent, not try to match it imo. That's what I meant by coaching. So MT's 6'7" 225 QB from Billings is torching us, don't try to match it with some 5'11" QB from Seargent/Central. Put him in a position better than that. Run the ball with the big Hogs up front.

NorthernBison
06-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Why is BV full of suck dick heads. I never said he knew very little about football and I know what all-star games are about. It's also an "all-star" coaching staff you know, maybe some of those guys want to show their skill and actually win? Thanks for your insight,you are brilliant.

You're sure touchy. You said the reason was "POOR COACHING". Apparently you know more about coaching football than Rod.

It's possible that ND could have won the game by running the same smash mouth running plays over and over and over. That's not really what these games are all about. If it was ONLY about winning the game on the scoreboard, half the team wouldn't see the field.

Personally, I don't give a flying flip about which state "won" the game. I guess you do care A LOT. Fine. I'll leave it at that.

KSBisonFan
06-17-2012, 05:09 PM
They should have had Winger coach the team. His mustache alone is good for at least three touchdowns per game.

Kip Winger is coaching football?.......who knew. I always wondered what happened to him after "She's only Seventeen." I just assumed he was in jail.

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 05:14 PM
You're sure touchy. You said the reason was "POOR COACHING". Apparently you know more about coaching football than Rod.

It's possible that ND could have won the game by running the same smash mouth running plays over and over and over. That's not really what these games are all about. If it was ONLY about winning the game on the scoreboard, half the team wouldn't see the field.

Personally, I don't give a flying flip about which state "won" the game. I guess you do care A LOT. Fine. I'll leave it at that.

Never said I know more about coaching than him, but I know people that do. They were disappointed in the outcome. I will leave it at that. It's not every year we get 3 DI guys on the O-line, then decide to try to be a passing team.

DjKyRo
06-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Kip Winger is coaching football?.......who knew. I always wondered what happened to him after "She's only Seventeen." I just assumed he was in jail.

In keeping with the general attitude of this thread, am I supposed to call you an assbag now or something?

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't think I can start a thread without someone turning it into a cluster f*ck, awesome!!

KSBisonFan
06-17-2012, 06:02 PM
In keeping with the general attitude of this thread, am I supposed to call you an assbag now or something?

Don't sell yourself short.......reach for the stars and let it fly, man. You can do better than assbag!

NorthernBison
06-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Never said I know more about coaching than him, but I know people that do. They were disappointed in the outcome. I will leave it at that. It's not every year we get 3 DI guys on the O-line, then decide to try to be a passing team.

Really? Who are these super duper coaches? Next year maybe they should get a real coach like one your guys and not just pick up some guy sitting on a park bench in Fargo like they did this year.

You are funny though. You say poor coaching is THE reason we lost. When questioned about your analysis your FIRST comment is about a 6-7 225 lb QB who is lighting our secondary up. WAS THERE ANY TALENT DIFFERENCE IN THE ROSTERS? Everybody knows you CAN coach speed (ask Mussman) and height. Somebody needs to tell Rod to give a better speech before the game and at halftime so these players are taller, faster, and stronger.

If I understand you right, we should have essentially went into a stall and ran the ball all the time to shorten the game and keep their uber talented QB off the field. That might have worked so I won't be critical of your analysis. It probably wouldn't have been the kind of game the fans paid to watch but that's not really important. After all, the "honor" of the State of North Dakota was at stake. Now everybody will think that Montana is superior in football. Rats!

You are correct though. I am a smart **s. Especially when somebody gets all bent about who won a fricken all-star game during the off-season. Like it's some defining moment in sports. Even better when they call out one of the winningest coaches in ND HS Football history. See, that's what ticks me off.

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Jesus, don't have a coronary because I didn't kiss Shanley's coach's ass. There are things you can do to compete against superior talent was my point. He obviously is used to always having superior talent at his finger tips and coached like it.

Grizzled
06-17-2012, 06:53 PM
4M, you should coach next year. Sounds like you and Todd could have won this game by about 20+.

4mcruenomore
06-17-2012, 06:56 PM
4M, you should coach next year. Sounds like you and Todd could have won this game by about 20+.
Maybe I will! Not by 20+ though, just 1 more score than them. BTW, Fred Fridley SR. from Watford is the all time winningest coach in ND highschool football. Probably will be a conflict of interest me though considering Craig has asked me to be on his staff as a special offensive assistant.

BlueBisonRock
06-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Maybe I will! Not by 20+ though, just 1 more score than them. BTW, Fred Fridley SR. from Watford is the all time winningest coach in ND highschool football. Probably will be a conflict of interest me though considering Craig has asked me to be on his staff as a special offensive assistant.

Fridley Sr. is one HS coach that I remember with nothing but respect. He was an assistant when I was a Jr / Soph and was slated to be the head coach my Sr year. Then (T)Watford made him an offer that he could not refuse. (Basically, he was to coach and teach only Phy Ed. He would no longer have to teach Biology)

He really enjoyed putting on a helmet and cleats (no other pads) and getting into the drills while teaching us a thing or two about the game. It didn't matter where you hit him, he was tough to bring down.

His record at Watford is incredible. I agree that he is one of the better coaching minds in ND even though he is long retired from the game. Go Fred!

Answer Guy
06-17-2012, 07:58 PM
His record at Watford is incredible. I agree that he is one of the better coaching minds in ND even though he is long retired from the game. Go Fred!

He is retired from teaching. Still coaching, as of last season.

BlueBisonRock
06-17-2012, 08:04 PM

Thanks for the update. It takes a while for the news to make its way from NW ND to SE MN and sometimes we get it wrong.

BadlandsBison
06-17-2012, 08:15 PM

He ran a dirty team ;)

Grizzled
06-17-2012, 11:06 PM
This is going to be Fred's last year coaching. Its probably coming at the right time as Watford city is probably going to be moving back up to at least AA in the next couple years.