PDA

View Full Version : Article on coach Bohl from Omaha.com

BisonAccountant44
06-10-2012, 04:37 AM
Enjoy.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120609/BIGRED/706099832/1001 (http://www.omaha.com/article/20120609/BIGRED/706099832/1001)

perthbison
06-10-2012, 04:53 AM
Interesting read. It sounds like they're still noticing Bohl in Nebraska.

WYOBISONMAN
06-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks for sharing that one. Great article on a great coach.

MNLonghorn10
06-10-2012, 02:35 PM
But NDSU football sells out the FargoDome — one of the toughest venues in FCS — and has the 2011 national title. UND hockey hasn't won one since 2000.

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/aggreko07/nolanlaughing.gif

Hammerhead
06-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I love the one and only comment to that article. If that putz must still think the Huskers are one of the top teams in the country. :)

Tatanka
06-10-2012, 06:18 PM
North Dakota State games are televised statewide, and one game last year, Bohl said, received a 52 share — half of the state's TVs tuned in to the Bison

Was this reported somewhere in the forum and I just missed it? That's huge.

ISXBISON
06-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Was this reported somewhere in the forum and I just missed it? That's huge.

Hahaha Tatanka...the Forum...report something like this...that's a good one:rofl::rofl:

BisonNeil
06-10-2012, 08:51 PM
I laughed at the comment about NDSU playing second fiddle to UND hockey.

Last month I had an interesting discussion with the head of the UND booster club. The discussion centered around the Whioux nickname controversy and how it has divided the supporters, the butthockey fans want to save the nickname, all of the other sport supporters basically want to move on.

It was also interesting for me to learn that UND has a separate HOF for butthockey and another for all other sports. Butthockey also has their own separate induction ceremony, as if they aren't part of the rest of the athletic department. He went on to say the hockey boosters think they are the big kauna in ND just because they bring 5,000 fans to a frozen four but he said he has attended NDSU away football games at Minnesota and he watched the NC game. He said you could pick a number as to how many showed up and it whatever you picked as a legitimate number it would dwarf what UND brings to hockey games. To him there is no comparison and he is envious that NDSU football boosters also support other sports.

Debate my ass...

perthbison
06-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I laughed at the comment about NDSU playing second fiddle to UND hockey..Forum communications tells it this way all the time. People can think as they wish but I know for me the Bison win big time.

MNLonghorn10
06-10-2012, 10:41 PM
bison football fans definitely travel better but i think und hockey has more fans spread out throughout the country so if a frozen four was in tampa like last year, i dont think theyd come close to how ndsu did to frisco, but und would have hockey fans who live in florida because they are a power program in that sport.

CalBison97
06-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Does Florida even know what hockey is? Oh wait,the Panthers have been one of the least successful teams in League history, having made the playoffs only 4 times in their 18 seasons. My guess is Florida has more Bison football fans, but then again it's not as if there are many DI hockey programs to cheer for, especially in the south.

bison football fans definitely travel better but i think und hockey has more fans spread out throughout the country so if a frozen four was in tampa like last year, i dont think theyd come close to how ndsu did to frisco, but und would have hockey fans who live in florida because they are a power program in that sport.

HerdBot
06-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Bohl is a great coach and were fortunate to have him. Cue to thread drift.

MNLonghorn10
06-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Does Florida even know what hockey is? Oh wait,the Panthers have been one of the least successful teams in League history, having made the playoffs only 4 times in their 18 seasons. My guess is Florida has more Bison football fans, but then again it's not as if there are many DI hockey programs to cheer for, especially in the south.
so what about the tampa lightning?

yes, florida knows hockey..i just threw out a random city in a state that doesnt have a college hockey team within 1000 miles of them. tampa hosted the frozen four this year for hockey. do you think a lot of people from grand forks/north dakota would make the trip? more than the 10,000+ from no dak that went to frisco? no, i don't, but i do think there's more of a sioux following in say florida, or texas, or whatever just for the sake of following a college hockey program which no denying, und is one even though they havent won a championship in 12 years.

and LOL @ you thinking there's ndsu bison fans in florida other than alumni.

AjaxTheMighty
06-11-2012, 01:36 PM
In 2001 Chuck Norris went to a Sue butthockey game. Management attempted to boot him from the Ralph because his roundhouse kick was so hot that it melted the ice. The crazy thing is, he didn't even get to do his roundhouse to anyone. That is how hot it is! Management learned one thing that day: NEVER ATTEMPT TO GIVE CHUCK NORRIS A BOOT OF ANY KIND. The team hasn't won a championship since. The end.

tony
06-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Can that 52 share possibly be right? I'd like to know because, if it's true, that is freaking amazing.

Could be a misquote or Coach Bohl might have heard something wrong.

heffray
06-11-2012, 05:35 PM

You forgot the purple font, Longhorn.

bisonboone11
06-11-2012, 05:44 PM
In 2001 Chuck Norris went to a Sue butthockey game. Management attempted to boot him from the Ralph because his roundhouse kick was so hot that it melted the ice. The crazy thing is, he didn't even get to do his roundhouse to anyone. That is how hot it is! Management learned one thing that day: NEVER ATTEMPT TO GIVE CHUCK NORRIS A BOOT OF ANY KIND. The team hasn't won a championship since. The end.Ya know, I have heard from pretty far-fetched Chuck Norris jokes. One example is Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi's gas tank as a joke. That truck is now known as Optimus Prime. Seriously though, this is by far the most far-fetched one I have ever read - "Chuck Norris went to a Sue butthockey game." That would never happen. I wouldn't be surprised if AjaxTheMighty got roundhouse kicked through his computer screen by Chuck Norris as soon as he clicked post on this one. RIP Ajax.

AjaxTheMighty
06-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Ya know, I have heard from pretty far-fetched Chuck Norris jokes. One example is Chuck Norris once urinated in a semi's gas tank as a joke. That truck is now known as Optimus Prime. Seriously though, this is by far the most far-fetched one I have ever read - "Chuck Norris went to a Sue butthockey game." That would never happen. I wouldn't be surprised if AjaxTheMighty got roundhouse kicked through his computer screen by Chuck Norris as soon as he clicked post on this one. RIP Ajax.

Chuck Norris once sucker punched a guy who put the words 'far-fetched' and 'Chuck Norris' in the same sentence. That man was a sucker and he did get punched. His name? Rosie O'Donnell. Chuck Norris sucker punched him so hard he changed genders...and got uglier! BAM! RIP bisonboone11!

perthbison
06-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Chuck Norris once sucker punched a guy who put the words 'far-fetched' and 'Chuck Norris' in the same sentence. That man was a sucker and he did get punched. His name? Rosie O'Donnell. Chuck Norris sucker punched him so hard he changed genders...and got uglier! BAM! RIP bisonboone11!This might not be a "story". It may have really happened.:biggrin:

SDbison
06-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Congrats to Craig Bohl. He got pounded down, came back fighting and won. Since he is my same age, I wish I had his level of success, paycheck, etc. I find his story inspirational.
I think many people, including myself at times, didn't believe he could bring the FCS NDSU Bison a national championship.

KC Bison
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I know information travels slow in Nebraska but apparently the news of us winning the championship is just getting to Lincoln.

westnodak93bison
06-12-2012, 12:47 PM
I know information travels slow in Nebraska but apparently the news of us winning the championship is just getting to Lincoln.

Kind of a ridiculous statement considering that nobody in NE cares about the FCS.

EndZoneQB
06-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Kind of a ridiculous statement considering that nobody in NE cares about the FCS.

And also considering the plethora of Bohl articles from Lincoln/Omaha this past winter...

SDbison
06-12-2012, 02:02 PM
There have been several articles in the Lincoln paper since Bohl came to NDSU. Regardless of timing I thought the article was well written and most Husker fans would find it interesting. Many Husker fans still blame Bohl for their problems 10 years ago and even now. Really? Get over it! They sound like Obama who is always blaming the previous administration for his failure to do anything but raise the national debt.

westnodak93bison
06-12-2012, 02:41 PM
If the Bison put together a dynasty type 4-5yr run I wonder if NE would even consider Bohl for a HC position.

BadlandsBison
06-12-2012, 02:44 PM
If the Bison put together a dynasty type 4-5yr run I wonder if NE would even consider Bohl for a HC position.

I think the administration is too proud to do something like that

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Bison Dan
06-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Doubt it but other BIG10 teams might.

westnodak93bison
06-12-2012, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=BadlandsBison;631211]I think the administration is too proud to do something like that

I was thinking the same thing and the conservative offense just may be too much for the fan base to swallow.

KC Bison
06-12-2012, 11:07 PM
If nobody cares about FCS than why are they rehashing a 6 month old FCS game? Also wasn't happy with the implication that our offense couldn't do anything Sam Houston. We outgained them 235-210 (not a lot of yards for the Bison but it's not like it was nothing) and it was our offense that punched in both touchdowns.

EndZoneQB
06-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I think the administration is too proud to do something like that

I was thinking the same thing and the conservative offense just may be too much for the fan base to swallow.

Have you EVER seen Nebraska's offense? It's not exactly a scoring machine, so I'm going to assume you are trolling in this thread with both of your last two posts.........

westnodak93bison
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Have you EVER seen Nebraska's offense? It's not exactly a scoring machine, so I'm going to assume you are trolling in this thread with both of your last two posts.........

ok there chief. Next time I want to post something I'll ask you if it is ok.

heffray
06-13-2012, 05:29 PM
There have been several articles in the Lincoln paper since Bohl came to NDSU. Regardless of timing I thought the article was well written and most Husker fans would find it interesting. Many Husker fans still blame Bohl for their problems 10 years ago and even now. Really? Get over it! They sound like Obama who is always blaming the previous administration for his failure to do anything but raise the national debt.

Not only is this THREAD DRIFT, it's political satire--a BIG no-no in Tony's eyes.

It has no place in the football forum, SD, and I simply WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!!!

EndZoneQB
06-13-2012, 06:09 PM
ok there chief. Next time I want to post something I'll ask you if it is ok.

Just try being informed before you do post, then you can forego that permission ;)