PDA

View Full Version : Re: Homerphobia in Bisonville?

99Bison
02-06-2007, 04:54 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SDbison
02-06-2007, 05:03 PM
I like your attitude CaBisonFan. *Don't ever let the "sticks in the mud" get you down. *There are a bunch of "moderator want to be" posters around Bisonville including some that think they know it all. Some posters just can't stand that you want to be fired up about your team. *If you were making totally outrageous statements that is one thing, but there is nothing wrong with being a homer and reasonably optimistic about upcoming games. *I too predicted the 10-1 season last year, not that I would do it every year, but given the talent, the hard work and the fact it had not happened for a while made 10-1 a very good possibility. *Not tough to predict a 6-5 season as that is what would minimally be expected of any Bison football team (maybe that would be good for a team like Minnesota). * ;) *

NorthernBison
02-06-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree with a great deal of what CaBisonFan said in his initial post regarding Bison tradition and how a "can do" attitude helps work miracles at times. I started school at NDSU when Speral was graduating and I wasn't sure that Nellermoe could get it done. When he left, I had serious questions about whether that Freshman Bentrim and those young backs were the answer. After that I thought it was all over and along came Simdorn, Satter and Sieh. It goes on and on. Amazing how things turn out when you have a tradition.

There is nothing wrong with being a "homer" especially on our own board.

On the other hand, with the exception of the smack section, comments on serious discussion threads are generally part of more reasoned discussions. Any poster can generally say what they want within the constraints of the moderators. I'd say to anybody, go ahead and post what you want to post as long as you understand that your credibility is affected by virtually every post. Read this board for a while and you quickly get a feel for who you can rely on and who you can ignore. No different than any other boards.

I generally limit my posts to situations where I have something to say and leave it at that. I don't expect to change anyone's opinions as a result of some internet discussion. Anybody that knows me understands how strongly I support NDSU but they also know that I can have an objective discussion without my green and yellow glasses.

Bisonguy
02-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Hi, my name is Bisonguy, and I'm a recovering homerphobic.

SDbison
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
So does this mean you can't even indulge in homer like statements or activities for the rest of your life?
Ah hell, sounds too much like work to me. *I think I will treat this issue just like drinking. *I'll have another beer, another whiskey and tell everyone how NDSU can beat every team in the country. *Now I feel so much better!

NDSUstudent
02-06-2007, 09:45 PM
So does this mean you can't even indulge in homer like statements or activities for the rest of your life?
Ah hell, sounds too much like work to me. *I think I will treat this issue just like drinking. *I'll have another beer, another whiskey and tell everyone how NDSU can beat every team in the country. *Now I feel so much better!

Homerphobia would be a fear of homers or fear of being a homer. So SDbison you are just fine, in fact what you just said would be the prescription used to help people with issues of homerphobia. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

NDSUFREAK10
02-06-2007, 10:37 PM
RIGHT ON CABISON. I agree with you+++

Bisonguy
02-06-2007, 10:43 PM

I'm a recovering homerphobic, so I should have a glass of whiskey so I can tell everyone how NDSU would have whupped up on Florida last year. ;)

The 12th step of my recovery will probably be achieved at the home opener, with those damn horny bison!! :D :D :P

TransAmBison
02-07-2007, 12:30 AM

I'm a recovering homerphobic, so I should have a glass of whiskey so I can tell everyone how NDSU would have whupped up on Florida last year. *;)

The 12th step of my recovery will probably be achieved at the home opener, with those damn horny bison!! *:D :D :P
The prescription for your ailments is: Take two beer bongs, and call TransAmBison in the morning! ;)

SDbison
02-07-2007, 12:33 AM

I'm a recovering homerphobic, so I should have a glass of whiskey so I can tell everyone how NDSU would have whupped up on Florida last year. *;)

The 12th step of my recovery will probably be achieved at the home opener, with those damn horny bison!! *:D :D :P
The prescription for your ailments is: Take two beer bongs, and call TransAmBison in the morning! ;)
And I will drink to that.....just like I really am right now! [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

CaBisonFan
02-07-2007, 01:13 AM

And I will drink to that.....just like I really am right now! * *[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] *

I'm thinking about starting a clinic for recovering homerphobics. Should I have it in Fargo...or in some place like Miami Beach? Opinions please.

I hereby declare a war on homerphobia.

TransAmBison
02-07-2007, 01:22 AM

And I will drink to that.....just like I really am right now! * *[smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] *

I'm thinking about starting a clinic for recovering homerphobics. *Should I have it in Fargo...or in some place like Miami Beach? *Opinions please. *

I hereby declare a war on homerphobia. *
You open one up in Key West and the wife and I will be there immediately... :)

tcbison
02-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Homerphobia would be a fear of homers or fear of being a homer. So SDbison you are just fine, in fact what you just said would be the prescription used to help people with issues of homerphobia. *[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I'm not afraid of anyone named Homer.

You have to believe in something, I believe I will have another beer!

ndsubison
02-07-2007, 01:47 PM

Here Here :o