PDA

View Full Version : Conference switch

tjbison
06-02-2012, 01:19 AM
I just am curious, please vote honestly.

If Gene were to announce tomorrow that we have an invite to join the MAC and go FBS and also a Full invite to the MVC for all sports which would you pick?

HandoEX
06-02-2012, 02:30 AM
FBS would suck right now. No playoffs would be awful!!!!

TheBisonator
06-02-2012, 02:42 AM
I would prefer MVC and stay in the FCS for the time being. Our athletic department has 15 sports that are not football (wrestling is in another conference) and one that is football. Also, it would be beneficial for football anyway, as there would be conference consitency b/w the FB and non-FB sports (except wrestling).

TbonZach
06-02-2012, 03:07 AM
FCS until NDSU establishes itself*. Plus, FBS is a cluster gathering right now.

*As in multiple championships in multiple, multiple years

HerdBot
06-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Missouri Valley in all sports except football ... MAC

56BISON73
06-02-2012, 03:43 AM
You dont have the option of FBS in the poll. Please clarify between just FBS and FBC conference.

Strommer10
06-02-2012, 04:25 AM
Right now I would choose to have all sports in the MVC. It's a little bit closer geographically and it's more competive right now in most sports. Football obviously wouldn't move, but I like where that's at. Until a playoff happens in the FBS where there's a shot for smaller school to earn a title, it's just not worth the move up. I enjoy seeing NDSU play for a title year in and year out.

TheBisonator
06-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Right now I would choose to have all sports in the MVC. It's a little bit closer geographically and it's more competive right now in most sports. Football obviously wouldn't move, but I like where that's at. Until a playoff happens in the FBS where there's a shot for smaller school to earn a title, it's just not worth the move up. I enjoy seeing NDSU play for a title year in and year out.

Big reason for choosing MVC in all sports: Consistency throughout conferences.

Say that NDSU and SDSU get invited to the MVC. Now we're playing SDSU, UNI, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Missouri State and Indiana State in all sports except wrestling.

This is the main reason why Western Kentucky added 22 schollies and moved football to the Sun Belt.

onbison09
06-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Big reason for choosing MVC in all sports: Consistency throughout conferences.

Say that NDSU and SDSU get invited to the MVC. Now we're playing SDSU, UNI, Southern Illinois, Illinois State, Missouri State and Indiana State in all sports except wrestling.

This is the main reason why Western Kentucky added 22 schollies and moved football to the Sun Belt.

SDSU and UNI are in our wrestling conference

Twentysix
06-02-2012, 07:44 PM
You dont have the option of FBS in the poll. Please clarify between just FBS and FBC conference.

wtf is fbc?

tjbison
06-02-2012, 08:02 PM

MAC = FBS like I stated in the post MVC means staying in MVFC but ditching the Summit for the Valley