PDA

View Full Version : Great job adding depth to an already good defense

HerdBot
05-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Clearly this is an indicator that Bohl wants to win in the next 2 years. I'm liking these signings. They seem to be either really fast or really athletic. Guys with BCS looks but some sort of issues prevented them from going. Some seem to be cases of good timing. Gordon for example. If his academics were in order on signing day - odds are he goes to a BCS school. They weren't so we had some amazing timing. I'll say this. I've never been impressed with our JUCO players on offense but on defense they typically make their way into the rotation by the end of the season or sooner. Look at Brown, Dallas, Gatlin, Willson, Pike, Summerville, Thompson, etc... I hope they get their academics in order quickly because it seems like JUCO's do well when they enroll early and participate in camp early. The guys who join late tend to not do as well.

Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come with other players getting suspended, or kicked off the team. I know Don Carter and Horvath are having academic issues. Same with Boyd. That would be a CB, LB, and DT.

DE Jeremy Gordon (ndscs)
LB/S Antonio Rogers (california)
LB John Tauteoli (california)
DB Andre Martin (uni - former starter 1 year remaining)

tcbison
05-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Horvath will not return to the team via Kolpack's twitter.

tony
05-22-2012, 04:59 PM

Wow, big loss!

BadlandsBison
05-22-2012, 05:05 PM

Wtf, can me and djkyro ever get one right?!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

HerdBot
05-22-2012, 05:25 PM

Kind of blows. Plus we lost Lisenby too.

That class is quickly turning into garbage.

Veldman
Lisenby
Horvath
Stanford
Grimm
Miles (never made it)

Out of 20 scholarship players weve lost 6 already. Thats 30%. And many are higher profile guys. Keep this up and in 3 years were 3-8 and wondering if we will beat UND.

I think last years class is going to be the class that carries us. Better kick some ass next year.

Good news is Schaetz and Enyi seem to be doing alright.

BisonNation11
05-22-2012, 10:48 PM
It sucks that we lose anybody for whatever reason, however, I think the recruiting that has been done and is currently going on will be paying off with huge dividends. The programs reach is expanding and is more able to be "selective" with who they pursue. They can aim higher but on average still have better classes each year. If every sophomore class produces the way last years class did, I believe the Herd will for quite some time be a force to be reckoned with.

DjKyRo
05-22-2012, 10:52 PM

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

You can't be serious. What about the Joe Horvath Bandwagon? What about the signature move of "body slam?"

SamsRams
05-22-2012, 11:07 PM
question for hammersmith or anyone with APR knowledge. Do these departures hurt NDSU's APR?

Hammersmith
05-23-2012, 02:20 AM
question for hammersmith or anyone with APR knowledge. Do these departures hurt NDSU's APR?
If they stay enrolled, no. If they leave NDSU, yes. If they leave NDSU while academically ineligible, double yes. I haven't kept up with APR as much as I used to, but those are the basics.

SamsRams
05-23-2012, 03:06 AM
If they stay enrolled, no. If they leave NDSU, yes. If they leave NDSU while academically ineligible, double yes. I haven't kept up with APR as much as I used to, but those are the basics.

yep that is wut I thought. Do they ever release the numbers?

CaBisonFan
05-23-2012, 03:57 AM
...thanks gabe...

tony
05-23-2012, 12:55 PM
yep that is wut I thought. Do they ever release the numbers?

Yeah, once a year, every year usually around this time.

Might take longer this year because there are some big schools affected and they have to figure out how to keep them eligible for postseason play.

Personally, I think the APR is getting to be a bit assinine.

HerdBot
05-23-2012, 02:53 PM
It sucks that we lose anybody for whatever reason, however, I think the recruiting that has been done and is currently going on will be paying off with huge dividends. The programs reach is expanding and is more able to be "selective" with who they pursue. They can aim higher but on average still have better classes each year. If every sophomore class produces the way last years class did, I believe the Herd will for quite some time be a force to be reckoned with.

Selective is the right word. Over 90 percent of the players on the Championship defense are from the same traditional recruiting area weve always covered.

The bottom line is we recruit Minnesota well we do well. Look at the 2008 recruiting class. Only 4 players came from Minnesota. We settled for players in Michigan, Texas, and obviously chose the wrong players in Minnesota. I think there are only 3 players that made it all the way through that class. Preston Evans, Koe Lund, and Ricky Hagen. I blame the 3-8 season on that class

I take a look at 2009. This class is chock full of Minnesota kids It was a big reason we won the national championship. I give major credit to the 09 class for the Championship. (Although its going to be tough in 2014 since the class was so HUGE due to the 2008 failure)

Get the top guys in the Midwest first. Then look to new areas.

Seems like we have learned that besides Jucos, nobody from Texas california florida stick or flunk out. (Thankfully DJ and Warren stayed) now we seem to focus on nebraska, Kansas, and Arizona seems to be the new california. Only time will tell if it's the right moves but so far Nebraska looks to be a home run, kansas looks promising,, in the jury is out in arizona. But I think were getting elite athletes there. Guys like Brantley, Farnlof, Champion, Amechi, and Jones are the real deal. But if they leave what a waste.

When I hear craig bohl say were going into Florida, I cringe. I think he has visions of getting the next Shamen Washington. Odds are it will end up like the other 20 guys we recruited from Texas or California that wont be with the team after 2 years while we miss out on the next Travis White, Ramone Humber, and Craig Dahl

Now if we get 1 or 2 guys thats OK.

Stick with what works. ND, SD, MN, WI, NE, KS, IL and tinker with warm climate for skilled players and corners. Minnesota should be the #1 priority. Pass on mamas boys and people who say its cold. Pass on kids who don't care about education too. They tend to flunk out. (Although an occasional Crockett type project is ok) Pass on thugs. This fully describes the 2008 class

National Championship Defense
Jirik - MN
Perry - MN
Drevlow - ND
Boyer - SD
Emmanuel - NE
Juckem - WI

Beck - ND
Littlejohn - MN
Evans - SD
Willson - Juco
Jemison- ND
Olson - MN

Williams - MN
Dudzik - NE
Heagle - WI
Eaves - IL
Pike - JUCO
Shepherd - NE

Where are all the California or Florida players? We are a Midwest team. I rest my case

SamsRams
05-23-2012, 09:32 PM

Veldman
Lisenby
Horvath
Stanford
Grimm
Miles (never made it)

Out of 20 scholarship players weve lost 6 already. Thats 30%. And many are higher profile guys. Keep this up and in 3 years were 3-8 and wondering if we will beat UND.

I think last years class is going to be the class that carries us. Better kick some ass next year.

Per kolpacks twitter you can add Norman to that list also. he also states he was a walk on, yet we didnt list him under 2011's walk ons. this just proves the point that we dont know who is full ride/partial/walk on

SamsRams
05-23-2012, 10:20 PM

With Norman leaving it begs my next question. Does APR adjust for walkons or partial scholarship? Let's say Veldman is full scholarship, Grimm was half scholarship and Norman was walkon on and all left academically eligible. All three completely leave the university, do they all count the same against the APR?

bisonboone11
05-23-2012, 10:35 PM
I just saw this question on egriz, and I thought some people on here might have a little more insight on it.
Question, what is it that makes NDSU what it is...I understand why a kid would want to play in Montana or App State. What are they offering that brings in this great talent? Not saying it's a craphole, just an overall lack of knowledge on it. I think there are a lot of schools out there where a coach does a good job and they blow their way in only to fade right back out Nova, EWU...I know the Bison were D2 up until recently but they were competetive at that level and after the move up FCS was darn lucky they couldn't play in the playoffs right away because they sounded tougher than hell.Any input for the Griz fan on this?

Tatanka
05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I just saw this question on egriz, and I thought some people on here might have a little more insight on it. Any input for the Griz fan on this?

The Griz fans will have an opportunity to see this first-hand in the very near future :hungry:. Just make sure they don't mistake that poor excuse for a game day in the tin shed with the NDSU Bison Experience.

westnodak93bison
05-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Selective is the right word. Over 90 percent of the players on the Championship defense are from the same traditional recruiting area weve always covered.

The bottom line is we recruit Minnesota well we do well. Look at the 2008 recruiting class. Only 4 players came from Minnesota. We settled for players in Michigan, Texas, and obviously chose the wrong players in Minnesota. I think there are only 3 players that made it all the way through that class. Preston Evans, Koe Lund, and Ricky Hagen. I blame the 3-8 season on that class

I take a look at 2009. This class is chock full of Minnesota kids It was a big reason we won the national championship. I give major credit to the 09 class for the Championship. (Although its going to be tough in 2014 since the class was so HUGE due to the 2008 failure)

Get the top guys in the Midwest first. Then look to new areas.

Seems like we have learned that besides Jucos, nobody from Texas california florida stick or flunk out. (Thankfully DJ and Warren stayed) now we seem to focus on nebraska, Kansas, and Arizona seems to be the new california. Only time will tell if it's the right moves but so far Nebraska looks to be a home run, kansas looks promising,, in the jury is out in arizona. But I think were getting elite athletes there. Guys like Brantley, Farnlof, Champion, Amechi, and Jones are the real deal. But if they leave what a waste.

When I hear craig bohl say were going into Florida, I cringe. I think he has visions of getting the next Shamen Washington. Odds are it will end up like the other 20 guys we recruited from Texas or California that wont be with the team after 2 years while we miss out on the next Travis White, Ramone Humber, and Craig Dahl

Now if we get 1 or 2 guys thats OK.

Stick with what works. ND, SD, MN, WI, NE, KS, IL and tinker with warm climate for skilled players and corners. Minnesota should be the #1 priority. Pass on mamas boys and people who say its cold. Pass on kids who don't care about education too. They tend to flunk out. (Although an occasional Crockett type project is ok) Pass on thugs. This fully describes the 2008 class

Jirik - MN
Perry - MN
Drevlow - ND
Boyer - SD
Emmanuel - NE
Juckem - WI

Beck - ND
Littlejohn - MN
Evans - SD
Willson - Juco
Jemison- ND
Olson - MN

Williams - MN
Dudzik - NE
Heagle - WI
Eaves - IL
Pike - JUCO
Shepherd - NE

Where are all the California or Florida players? We are a Midwest team. I rest my case

Great post. I'm really interested to see how the AZ kids work out. We already lost one.

Hammersmith
05-23-2012, 10:51 PM
With Norman leaving it begs my next question. Does APR adjust for walkons or partial scholarship? Let's say Veldman is full scholarship, Grimm was half scholarship and Norman was walkon on and all left academically eligible. All three completely leave the university, do they all count the same against the APR?
Yes and no. Or yes, no and yes to be more precise. I'm pretty sure APR only looks at scholarship athletes, so walkons wouldn't count against it. But partials and fulls are treated the same for calculation purposes. But they're treated differently for penalty purposes. Let me explain. Once your APR score drops below the magic threshold, penalties start to apply. The most basic one is a loss of scholarship. How much you lose is dependent on the player that dropped you below the threshold. If it was a full, you lose a full. If it was a quarter, you lose a quarter. Basically, they're prohibiting you from re-awarding the scholarship for a year. The magic number used to be 925, but I think they are going to bump it up a bit or they just did. (925 means that you kept 92.5% of the possible points over a four year period.) NDSU was at 957 for the 2006-2009 period. Last year's report came out on May 24, so this year's report should be coming out soon(through the 2010-11 academic year). The lowest sport at NDSU was baseball with a 948, and the highest was women's golf with a perfect 1000.

SamsRams
05-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Yes and no. Or yes, no and yes to be more precise. I'm pretty sure APR only looks at scholarship athletes, so walkons wouldn't count against it. But partials and fulls are treated the same for calculation purposes. But they're treated differently for penalty purposes. Let me explain. Once your APR score drops below the magic threshold, penalties start to apply. The most basic one is a loss of scholarship. How much you lose is dependent on the player that dropped you below the threshold. If it was a full, you lose a full. If it was a quarter, you lose a quarter. Basically, they're prohibiting you from re-awarding the scholarship for a year. The magic number used to be 925, but I think they are going to bump it up a bit or they just did. (925 means that you kept 92.5% of the possible points over a four year period.) NDSU was at 957 for the 2006-2009 period. Last year's report came out on May 24, so this year's report should be coming out soon(through the 2010-11 academic year). The lowest sport at NDSU was baseball with a 948, and the highest was women's golf with a perfect 1000.

Very good info for an 8th grade edumacashun and thanks for the clarification!

HerdBot
05-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Great post. I'm really interested to see how the AZ kids work out. We already lost one.

I would put Stanford in a different category. He didn't flunk out, be a gangsta thug, or screw us over by leaving in the middle of a jr year with no backup plan. He was caught in a log jam of talent. Thats ok in my book. It's the guys like Sigers, Don Carter, and Horvath that hurt the team and waste everyones time. Don Carter is the worst example. Hes a JR and was going to compete for the backup middle linebacker spot. Wasted scholarship when there were probably some really talented guys we passed on because of him.

Tatanka
05-24-2012, 02:29 AM
:smh: :facepalm: here we go...

BadlandsBison
05-24-2012, 02:55 AM

Turn that frown upside down!

56BISON73
05-24-2012, 04:12 AM

The hits just keep on rolling.

BisonNeil
05-24-2012, 10:12 PM
I think the comments regarding the 2011 class are interesting. I remember listening to Bohl's press conference and there was virtually no excitement in his voice as he discussed the players. NONE! At the time I brushed it off thinking that his enthusiasm for the 2010 class was way over the top so I didn't want to read too much into his voice inflection. However, upon further review, a 35% attrition rate after one year is pretty bad and according to the notes I keep on when players leave it is only slightly behind the 2008 class.

Keeping things in perspective, the 2009 class has only a 16% attrition rate and a myriad of contributors on the last team in addition to three PWOs who are shaping up to be major contributors as well. Similarly, the 2010 class has only a 14% attrition rate and there is a ton of talent from that class. So, the sky is not falling.

With that said, the sheer number of non-qualifiers and losses due to poor academics has to be of some concern to this staff since the APR has been dipping a bit. I hope the 2012 class returns to the level of recruiting talent seen in 09 and 10 and the academic acumen of the 2007 class and before.

HerdBot
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM
I think the comments regarding the 2011 class are interesting. I remember listening to Bohl's press conference and there was virtually no excitement in his voice as he discussed the players. NONE! At the time I brushed it off thinking that his enthusiasm for the 2010 class was way over the top so I didn't want to read too much into his voice inflection. However, upon further review, a 35% attrition rate after one year is pretty bad and according to the notes I keep on when players leave it is only slightly behind the 2008 class.

Keeping things in perspective, the 2009 class has only a 16% attrition rate and a myriad of contributors on the last team in addition to three PWOs who are shaping up to be major contributors as well. Similarly, the 2010 class has only a 14% attrition rate and there is a ton of talent from that class. So, the sky is not falling.

With that said, the sheer number of non-qualifiers and losses due to poor academics has to be of some concern to this staff since the APR has been dipping a bit. I hope the 2012 class returns to the level of recruiting talent seen in 09 and 10 and the academic acumen of the 2007 class and before.

Here's my concern. In 2 years were losing 29 guys and about 16 starters. 31 with 2 new jucos. The 3rd ju o was replacing Don Carter who would have graduated witb them. Really insanely good players leaving. By replacing redshirt freshman with jucos, it makes the problem worse. Guys like Horvath, Lisenby, Stanford, Grimm, and Veldman would bave been juniors in 2014. Now well have to depend on more on next years small class of 8 (who will be redshirt freshman ) or a true freshman class in 2 years to replace these guys. Otberwise its jucos. Developing the remaining 2011 class may determine just how good we are in 2014-2015. And the 2012 class is absolutely critical. Good news is on paper they look to be insanely good. Whose left from 2011 witb starter ability?

I hope we have a few more scholarships available next year. 9 seniors. Lost Grimm, Lisenby, Horvath, Stanford, and Veldman. That should put us up to 14. Carter and a juco are a wash. Take off 2 jucos and our class is only 12 guys. Having those 2 extras would have been big. And we haven't figured in Crockett.

SamsRams
05-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Here's my concern. In 2 years were losing 29 guys and about 16 starters. 31 with 2 new jucos. The 3rd ju o was replacing Don Carter who would have graduated witb them. Really insanely good players leaving. By replacing redshirt freshman with jucos, it makes the problem worse. Guys like Horvath, Lisenby, Stanford, Grimm, and Veldman would bave been juniors in 2014. Now well have to depend on more on next years small class of 8 (who will be redshirt freshman ) or a true freshman class in 2 years to replace these guys. Otberwise its jucos. Developing the remaining 2011 class may determine just how good we are in 2014-2015. And the 2012 class is absolutely critical. Good news is on paper they look to be insanely good. Whose left from 2011 witb starter ability?

I hope we have a few more scholarships available next year. 9 seniors. Lost Grimm, Lisenby, Horvath, Stanford, and Veldman. That should put us up to 14. Carter and a juco are a wash. Take off 2 jucos and our class is only 12 guys. Having those 2 extras would have been big. And we haven't figured in Crockett.

You dont know who is partial scholarship and who is full. You dont know the numbers anymore then any of us know the numbers. The program is stable and coming off a NC, stop trying to start drama please

AEBison1998
05-26-2012, 03:07 AM
On the up side. We also have a few walk on's from the same year that appear to be better than we expected.

HerdBot
05-26-2012, 03:30 AM
You dont know who is partial scholarship and who is full. You dont know the numbers anymore then any of us know the numbers. The program is stable and coming off a NC, stop trying to start drama please

Not drama. Just discussion and offseason boredom. Were in good shape and a big part is by great recruiting and low attrition rates. One bad class can really F it up and lead to 3-8 seasons . The big didference is this years class is phenomenal.

Yeah the scholly numbers are total guesstimates but we know its a small class.

344Johnson
05-26-2012, 03:37 AM
Not drama. Just discussion and offseason boredom. Were in good shape and a big part is by great recruiting and low attrition rates. One bad class can really F it up and lead to 3-8 seasons . The big didference is this years class is phenomenal.

Yeah the scholly numbers are total guesstimates but we know its a small class.

I'm with you on this, it is the off-season, a nice time to discuss these things, considering during the season we will talk about A.) Vigen's playcalling, B.) Results, and C.) bookreaders in the dome. Oh and D.) how the students aren't showing up ;)

56BISON73
05-26-2012, 03:46 AM

Get the top guys in the Midwest first. Then look to new areas. Seems like we have learned that besides Jucos, nobody from Texas california florida stick or flunk out. (Thankfully DJ and Warren stayed) now we seem to focus on nebraska, Kansas, and Arizona seems to be the new california. Only time will tell if it's the right moves but so far Nebraska looks to be a home run, kansas looks promising,, in the jury is out in arizona. But I think were getting elite athletes there. Guys like Brantley, Farnlof, Champion, Amechi, and Jones are the real deal. But if they leave what a waste.

When I hear craig bohl say were going into Florida, I cringe. I think he has visions of getting the next Shamen Washington. Odds are it will end up like the other 20 guys we recruited from Texas or California that wont be with the team after 2 years while we miss out on the next Travis White, Ramone Humber, and Craig DahlNow if we get 1 or 2 guys thats OK.

Jirik - MN
Perry - MN
Drevlow - ND
Boyer - SD
Emmanuel - NE
Juckem - WI

Beck - ND
Littlejohn - MN
Evans - SD
Willson - Juco
Jemison- ND
Olson - MN

Williams - MN
Dudzik - NE
Heagle - WI
Eaves - IL
Pike - JUCO
Shepherd - NE

Wow I thought MPLS had hacked your account for a minute there. How you could post one of his posts almost word for word is just uncanny.:biggrin:

HerdBot
05-26-2012, 05:28 AM
On the up side. We also have a few walk on's from the same year that appear to be better than we expected.

Between Schaetz and Talmadge we found some talent for the d-line . Btw not sure if anyone noticed but Talmadge was playing tackle at the spring game. If he can add some weight he will be good

WRSDBison
05-26-2012, 07:21 AM

Veldman
Lisenby
Horvath
Stanford
Grimm
Miles (never made it)

I think you're wrong. Big names, maybe. But that opens up scholarships for JUCO's. And I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of having a player for 2 years but they usually come in ready to contribute.

westnodak93bison
05-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Between Schaetz and Talmadge we found some talent for the d-line . Btw not sure if anyone noticed but Talmadge was playing tackle at the spring game. If he can add some weight he will be good

I agree. I spoke to Talmadge's dad a few weeks ago in Bismarck. Sounds like he really likes playing FB at NDSU and thinks if he keeps working hard and can gain some weight he could get some playing time.
I'm telling you this Talmadge kid is a far better athlete than most think. Watching him play BB he was pretty explosive. Not smooth or BB skilled but athletic. Problem is he would run someone over rather than go around them etc.

BisonNeil
05-26-2012, 07:19 PM
I agree. I spoke to Talmadge's dad a few weeks ago in Bismarck. Sounds like he really likes playing FB at NDSU and thinks if he keeps working hard and can gain some weight he could get some playing time.
I'm telling you this Talmadge kid is a far better athlete than most think. Watching him play BB he was pretty explosive. Not smooth or BB skilled but athletic. Problem is he would run someone over rather than go around them etc.

Huh? Say what? FB?

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SORT_ORDER=2&Q_SEASON=2012&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

BlueBisonRock
05-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Huh? Say what? FB?

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SORT_ORDER=2&Q_SEASON=2012&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

Had the same reaction on my first read, then thought. FootBall not fullback. Dline all the way.

westnodak93bison
05-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Had the same reaction on my first read, then thought. FootBall not fullback. Dline all the way.

What is wrong with you guys? Can't you read my mind? Sorry, I did mean Football not fullback.

HerdBot
05-27-2012, 01:06 AM

That would be expected for a kid that is 6' 6". They probably envision him as being in the mold of a Ryan Drevlow but a little taller. If hes not super quick, the path to the QB is quicker at tackle. That explaims the move to tackle. He came in at 225. Im sure hes up to at least 245 by now. Probably needs to get up to at least 265-270 before he gets serious looks . Wonder how much bulk he can add in the next 3 months?

HerdBot
05-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Wow I thought MPLS had hacked your account for a minute there. How you could post one of his posts almost word for word is just uncanny.:biggrin:

I was gonna say great minds think alike but that doesn't make any sense!

BisoninNWMN
06-01-2012, 11:55 AM
The Bison will be fine in 2 yrs after this junior class is gone. Young kids have stepped in to replace "seasoned" starters and it will happen again.

Geeez....this is 2 years away. Let's enjoy the next 2 yrs first!

Scooter1
06-03-2012, 03:37 AM
The Bison will be fine in 2 yrs after this junior class is gone. Young kids have stepped in to replace "seasoned" starters and it will happen again.

Geeez....this is 2 years away. Let's enjoy the next 2 yrs first!

Emanuel, Schaetz, Hardie, Talmadge, Farnloff, Amechi, Pierce
Dinwiddie, Beck, Littlejohn, Davis
Colvin,Champion, Dudzik, CJ smith, Brantley, Lekius

This defense looks like it will be very capable in two years...especially at LB.
You have three guys who will be going into thier fourth year as a starter... Emanuel, Dudzik and Beck
With a JC kid here and there and a good class next year...no real worries.

Professor Chaos
06-03-2012, 08:33 AM
The fact that we have to go 3 years into the future to find worries about the defensive personnel is a very good sign.

BisonNeil
06-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Emanuel, Schaetz, Hardie, Talmadge, Farnloff, Amechi, Pierce
Dinwiddie, Beck, Littlejohn, Davis
Colvin,Champion, Dudzik, CJ smith, Brantley, Lekius

This defense looks like it will be very capable in two years...especially at LB.
You have three guys who will be going into thier fourth year as a starter... Emanuel, Dudzik and Beck
With a JC kid here and there and a good class next year...no real worries.

Let's be realistic here. Except for Emanuel on the DL, Beck and Littlejohn at LB, and Dudzik at DB, we have no idea if any of the other guys can play. Until they appear in games and get significant snaps, there is no way any of us know whether or not they will be worth a tinkers damn.

So, way too early to know how the defense will be in 2014, way TOO EARLY!

Scooter1
06-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Let's be realistic here. Except for Emanuel on the DL, Beck and Littlejohn at LB, and Dudzik at DB, we have no idea if any of the other guys can play. Until they appear in games and get significant snaps, there is no way any of us know whether or not they will be worth a tinkers damn.

So, way too early to know how the defense will be in 2014, way TOO EARLY!

So...

1. In 2014, 3/11 of your defensive start
ers will be 4 year starters (unless beaten out by underclassmen)
2. In 2014 3/11 of your defensive starters will have started on a National Championship team (that's a Minimun, hopefully)
3. Dinwiddie, Colvin, Champion and CJ Smith, and Schaetz can play right now.
4. I said no real worries, not BANK ON IT. There really isn't a reason for hand wringing. Hell what are we going to do 6 years from now?!?
5. We signed a QB... go back and lay by your bowl.

BisonNeil
06-03-2012, 11:46 PM
So...

1. In 2014, 3/11 of your defensive start
ers will be 4 year starters (unless beaten out by underclassmen)
2. In 2014 3/11 of your defensive starters will have started on a National Championship team (that's a Minimun, hopefully)
3. Dinwiddie, Colvin, Champion and CJ Smith, and Schaetz can play right now.
4. I said no real worries, not BANK ON IT. There really isn't a reason for hand wringing. Hell what are we going to do 6 years from now?!?
5. We signed a QB... go back and lay by your bowl.

No reason to be a dick. I find it really interesting on this board when someone voices a dissenting opinion people have to turn into assholes.

BTW, Littlejohn did not start in the NC game, of course, he has two more years to change that.

Scooter1
06-04-2012, 12:41 AM
No reason to be a dick. I find it really interesting on this board when someone voices a dissenting opinion people have to turn into assholes.

BTW, Littlejohn did not start in the NC game, of course, he has two more years to change that.

Emanuel, Dudzik, and Beck were starters last year. Never mentioned Littlejohn. YOU called out one of my posts where I simply listed some guys and said with a good next class and a few JC I felt no real need to worry. I find it interresting that you always play the martyr when someone disagrees with your pious opinion of someone else's veiwpoint.

(Which is why I post less and less on here)

BisoninNWMN
06-04-2012, 01:26 AM

Young guys will step up like they always have.

Hey Neil...a lot times your "dissenting voice" sounds more like a debbie downer......

TransAmBison
06-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Emanuel, Dudzik, and Beck were starters last year. Never mentioned Littlejohn. YOU called out one of my posts where I simply listed some guys and said with a good next class and a few JC I felt no real need to worry. I find it interresting that you always play the martyr when someone disagrees with your pious opinion of someone else's veiwpoint.

(Which is why I post less and less on here)I just figured you had refilled your viagra and your hands were tired. :D

SlickVic
06-11-2012, 01:28 AM
im hearing from my sources (copyright dj ky ro) that new dude from uni will be wearing #8 pump it up people HOLLA

JustinTyem
06-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Since when can any QB say that you play against the "BEST" Defenses every weekday,so when I play on saturdays,I think Im lucky to play against the opponents Defense. We have 5 potential All-Americans in the D-Backfield(Heagle(Jr),Dudzik(So),Will(Jr),Pierre(Jr ),Martin(Sr),on the same defense,how many can say that??? I just think that this is soooooooo not fair,LoL Poor Opponents<:)