PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Volleyball recruits

SamsRams
05-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Wadena-Deer Creek volleyball player Emily Miron announced on twitter that she has committed to NDSU to play volleyball in 2013

just verbally committed to play volleyball at NDSU!!! (http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/just%20verbally%20committed%20to%20play%20volleyba ll%20at%20NDSU!!!%20%23relief%20does%20that%20answ er%20your%20question%20%40jordangamradt%20%3F%3F%2 0%3A%29)

tony
05-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Nice find!

Same HS as Bison BB player, Rhonda Birch?

Elephants Dream?
05-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Yes, Tony.

SamsRams
06-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Saw Hadley Steffen (http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/player-of-the-year/tag/_/name/hadley-steffen) from red river had committed to ndsu

Bison Dan
06-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Saw Hadley Steffen (http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/player-of-the-year/tag/_/name/hadley-steffen) from red river had committed to ndsu
Wow blow to the who - Home town girl and all.

dragonsfan
06-11-2012, 03:26 PM
THE FUTURE

Steffen remains undecided upon a college destination.

thats from sam's link. where do you see NDSU?

SamsRams
06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
THE FUTURE

Steffen remains undecided upon a college destination.

thats from sam's link. where do you see NDSU?

http://www.facebook.com/hadley.steffen2

Verbally committed to North Dakota State University to play volleyball :)

bri-dog
06-19-2012, 02:47 PM
GF Herald story on Steffen:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/239066/group/homepage/

SamsRams
10-25-2012, 04:30 AM
According to twitter DHS standout Ali Moody has committed to play volleyball for NDSU

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Steffan is a good player but will be like a project at the D1 level.
Moody is intesting. I am wondering if she is a walk on with her brother on the football team.
Her father was the a very good coach with DSU though back in the day.

bruinbison
10-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Moody commits to play volleyball at NDSU.....

"The other colleges Moody was considering were the University of North Dakota, Black Hills State, and St. Cloud (Minn.) State.".....

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/62422/group/Sports/

Bison03
10-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Have we resorted to stalking high schooler's Facebook and twitter accounts for breaking news?! (Only kidding)

SamsRams
10-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Have we resorted to stalking high schooler's Facebook and twitter accounts for breaking news?! (Only kidding)

Haha true. How dare people type ndsu into facebook or twitters search bar.

Tony can you just change this threads title to 2013 recruits

dragonsfan
10-26-2012, 07:16 PM
yes, its faster then any fargo beat writers or tv guys.

bruinbison
11-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Red River rallies past West Fargo in ND Class A state volleyball semifinals

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/380646/group/Sports/

"Steffen set a state single-match record with 32 kills. " (Hadley Steffen - 5' 9" outside hitter - NDSU recruit)

"Red River will be playing in the state championship for the fourth straight season, also winning in 2009 in that run."

Elephants Dream?
03-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Spring VB Update:
1st week back and we are underway with full practices! Started the week off with some physical testing, and the Bison look great!! Danielle Dombeck had an eventful Spring Break, undergoing back surgery but it walking and moving well and on the road to full recovery!!!
Do to the weather and amount of snow we currently have our practice schedule has been flexible to help accommodate Softball getting some practice time! Best of luck to them, but happy to be an indoor sport in Fargo!!
With a small roster this Spring and some injuries we will not be playing a Full Spring Tournament Schedule... instead we will be focusing on training and skill development - can never get enough passing and defensive reps! Which is great because our new assistant Coach Sarah Rauen is doing some great things with that!! *Release on Sarah should be coming out asp!
We will also be hosting a few scrimmages and a quad tournament this Spring which will ...be some great competition for our players!
Our 2013 conference schedule is not release from the conference yet, so will keep you posted on that!
New Additions for 2013 will include our committed/signed Freshman:
Hadley Steffen - OH/DS from Grand Forks Red River, ND
Emily Miron - MB from Wadena Deer Creek, MN
Emily Minnick - MB from Willmar, MN
Emily Milligan - Libero from La Grange, IL
Hannah Jessen - DS from Canby, MN
Ali Moody - Setter from Dickinson, ND
Transfers and three additional players to be announced when we are permitted to do so!

imabison
03-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Spring VB Update:
1st week back and we are underway with full practices! Started the week off with some physical testing, and the Bison look great!! Danielle Dombeck had an eventful Spring Break, undergoing back surgery but it walking and moving well and on the road to full recovery!!!
Do to the weather and amount of snow we currently have our practice schedule has been flexible to help accommodate Softball getting some practice time! Best of luck to them, but happy to be an indoor sport in Fargo!!
With a small roster this Spring and some injuries we will not be playing a Full Spring Tournament Schedule... instead we will be focusing on training and skill development - can never get enough passing and defensive reps! Which is great because our new assistant Coach Sarah Rauen is doing some great things with that!! *Release on Sarah should be coming out asp!
We will also be hosting a few scrimmages and a quad tournament this Spring which will ...be some great competition for our players!
Our 2013 conference schedule is not release from the conference yet, so will keep you posted on that!
New Additions for 2013 will include our committed/signed Freshman:
Hadley Steffen - OH/DS from Grand Forks Red River, ND
Emily Miron - MB from Wadena Deer Creek, MN
Emily Minnick - MB from Willmar, MN
Emily Milligan - Libero from La Grange, IL
Hannah Jessen - DS from Canby, MN
Ali Moody - Setter from Dickinson, ND
Transfers and three additional players to be announced when we are permitted to do so!

So now that BB is at its end does that mean that Softball will move its practice there to free up the volleyball to have full use of
Bentson Bunker?? At first I was think the new track facillity, but I suspect the Bison Track teams are in full training indoors for
the outdoor season.

bruinbison
03-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Ali Moody named to 2nd team ND Class A all-state basketball team

"Dickinson senior Ali Moody averaged 16 points, 8 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game"

http://bismarcktribune.com/sports/high-school/larson-tops-class-a-girls-all-state-team/article_a9d54ef2-9674-11e2-816b-001a4bcf887a.html

Ndsufan12
04-22-2013, 03:49 AM
I seem to spend way too many Sundays at JO tournaments. I think I've seen an NDSU coaching rep at one tournament and a UND coach at every single one. Not only are they beating us but they're also recruiting our local kids and working the crowd/visiting with people at the tourney. This is really beginning to leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Exbison
04-23-2013, 06:36 PM
I too am spending ALL of my Sunday's at Junior Olympic tournaments in ND and MN. I talk to a LOT of coaches, and have quickly come to the realization that NDSU is blatantly absent at EVERY tournament! Apparently Kari is satisfied with
recruiting local kids!? NOT GOING TO WORK AT DIV 1 LEVEL!

IS IT NOT A RED FLAG THAT NDSU VOLLEYBALL ONLY HAS 4 PLAYERS ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW?! ALL THE REST QUIT,
AND THE 2 ASST COACHES QUIT. THIS IS UNNACCEPTABLE! HOW MUCH LOWER CAN THIS PROGRAM GO?

IF THIS WHERE FOOTBALL OR BASKETBALL, THIS WOULD BE UNACCEPTABLE...

dragonsfan
04-23-2013, 09:04 PM
time to hire jlo & klo as co-head coaches, go DGF!

Elephants Dream?
04-23-2013, 09:18 PM
"THIS IS UNNACCEPTABLE! HOW MUCH LOWER CAN THIS PROGRAM GO?
IF THIS WERE FOOTBALL OR BASKETBALL, THIS WOULD BE UNACCEPTABLE... "
-
Please see the WBB threads. It can go lower, unfortunately.

56BISON73
04-25-2013, 04:07 AM
I too am spending ALL of my Sunday's at Junior Olympic tournaments in ND and MN. I talk to a LOT of coaches, and have quickly come to the realization that NDSU is blatantly absent at EVERY tournament! Apparently Kari is satisfied with
recruiting local kids!? NOT GOING TO WORK AT DIV 1 LEVEL!

IS IT NOT A RED FLAG THAT NDSU VOLLEYBALL ONLY HAS 4 PLAYERS ON THE TEAM RIGHT NOW?! ALL THE REST QUIT,
AND THE 2 ASST COACHES QUIT. THIS IS UNNACCEPTABLE! HOW MUCH LOWER CAN THIS PROGRAM GO?

IF THIS WHERE FOOTBALL OR BASKETBALL, THIS WOULD BE UNACCEPTABLE...

It looks like the Marksmanship Club can recruit the JO and they arent even funded.

""Some members of the team were recruited at the Junior Olympics in Colorado Springs. NDSU coach Eric Pueppke is also a junior national assistant coach and he has helped bring in some members to the Marksmanship Club.

“Coach Pueppke is a big part to this club,” Johnson said. “He kind of knows all the up-and-comers at the Junior Olympics and that has helped a lot.”""