Taylor braun
Trayvonn Wright
Chris Kading
Marshall Bjorklund
Jordan Aaberg

Kory Brown
Brett Vandenbergh
Dexter Warner

12 players and also Zastrow. I really hope Saul does not use more than a 9 man rotation. Who do we think won't be playing much if any? I don't think everyone can play.

Brown I'm hearing will play right away. He could push for starting time maybe by conference play.

What does Vandenbergh do? We are loaded at the 3 spot, and we have enough quality bigs so Braun should not have to move to the 4 at all.

I am going to assume Werner redshirts for sure. I am not really sure where he stands for the future, he is 6'6" C at the college level. From what I saw of him in HS I don't see any way he plays the 3 and don't know if he's athletic enough to play the 4 in Division 1. But who knows what will happen I don't know how he will progress.

thoughts?

KSBisonFan
05-17-2012, 03:07 PM
LA, Braun, Bjorklund are locks. Wright should be in that group as well, but needs to really make some progress. I think he gets pushed and steps up this year and becomes really solid. I think we all want Wright to be a stud. Sounds like Brown will get minutes at the 2 spot but he'll need some time to adjust. Felt and Aaberg will also get decent minutes and as I preached all last season, I'd love to see Bjorklund and Aaberg on the floor together working some high-low post offense. Problem is, we didn't run our offense from the inside out.

There's 7 for the rotation....Lindberg will be in the mix too. I agree on the 9 man rotation as long as it's the RIGHT 9 man rotation. I agree on Werner redshirting. I don't really know much about Vandenbergh so I'm interested in other's opinions.

I am more curious about how our offense functions rather than who's getting minutes. We need an inside presence and committment to be physical instead of everyone launching 3's. I'm excited to see this group come together because I think this will be a different team this year with some positive energy.

Good thread Silk, Go Bison!

Mr. Burgundy
05-17-2012, 03:43 PM
LA, Braun, Bjorklund are locks. Wright should be in that group as well, but needs to really make some progress. I think he gets pushed and steps up this year and becomes really solid. I think we all want Wright to be a stud. Sounds like Brown will get minutes at the 2 spot but he'll need some time to adjust. Felt and Aaberg will also get decent minutes and as I preached all last season, I'd love to see Bjorklund and Aaberg on the floor together working some high-low post offense. Problem is, we didn't run our offense from the inside out.

There's 7 for the rotation....Lindberg will be in the mix too. I agree on the 9 man rotation as long as it's the RIGHT 9 man rotation. I agree on Werner redshirting. I don't really know much about Vandenbergh so I'm interested in other's opinions.

I am more curious about how our offense functions rather than who's getting minutes. We need an inside presence and committment to be physical instead of everyone launching 3's. I'm excited to see this group come together because I think this will be a different team this year with some positive energy.

If the season started tonight, Lindberg would start at the 2. He has exploded this summer, confident like the kid we recruited. Having Dylan move on will create room for Lindberg, Felt and Brown to eat up those minutes and bring more offense to that spot.

Vandenberg will come in and compete. I anticipate he will play, but there is a logjam. He is a TOUGH kid. Something we haven't had in a while. He is best suited for the 4 spot, and will play the 3/4. Werner will redshirt. We got COMPETITORS in this class. The 3 kids coming in are terrific.

LA, Lindberg, Braun, Wright, Bjorklund would start tonight.
Lindberg, Felt, Brown playing backup minutes at the guard spot.
Tray/Braun/Vandenberg sharing the 3 spot.
Plenty of bigs this year with the addition of Kading. Working hard on playing the bigs together. WOrking on ball skills, making the open elbow jumper and passing out of double teams.

This team has the ability to be very long and athletic. Brown was an absolutely critical piece in this process. We needed a defender at the 2 spot.

silkamilkamonico
05-17-2012, 03:48 PM

I really agree with LA, Braun, and Bjorklund. I was really down on Wright last year, but after finding out he had some health issues and other stuff going on, I am excited t see how he develops over the summer. He is loaded with ability and if nothing else I think he could be a great role player who gets a lot of minutes.

Yes I'm not sure why Bjorklund and Aaberg didn't play together. I think with Kading we have a good rotation of bigs, and I am hoping Wright can make that transition to play some 3 too.

I really hope the team has a solid rotation this year instead of trying to tinker with lineups and minutes to adjust to the other teams lineups. I think we have enough quality depth along with some studs that we can impose our will on other teams and get them to have to worry about matching up with us.

silkamilkamonico
05-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Having Dylan move on will create room for Lindberg, Felt and Brown to eat up those minutes and bring more offense to that spot.

:confused:

HandoEX
05-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Whoa, so what's the deal with Hale?

Mr. Burgundy
05-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Transferring to another school. It is pending. Probably announcing today. Hoping the appeal goes through so he can play right away. Good thing for all involved.

GRAFTONBISON
05-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Whoa, so what's the deal with Hale?

Thanks for the clarification Burgandy.

HandoEX
05-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Transferring to another school. It is pending. Probably announcing today. Hoping the appeal goes through so he can play right away. Good thing for all involved.
Best of luck to him. He just didn't work out here, he could be a heck of a player somewhere. I bet he's heading south?

Mr. Burgundy
05-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Minneapolis area school

KSBisonFan
05-17-2012, 04:13 PM
If the season started tonight, Lindberg would start at the 2. He has exploded this summer, confident like the kid we recruited. Having Dylan move on will create room for Lindberg, Felt and Brown to eat up those minutes and bring more offense to that spot.

Vandenberg will come in and compete. I anticipate he will play, but there is a logjam. He is a TOUGH kid. Something we haven't had in a while. He is best suited for the 4 spot, and will play the 3/4. Werner will redshirt. We got COMPETITORS in this class. The 3 kids coming in are terrific.

LA, Lindberg, Braun, Wright, Bjorklund would start tonight.
Lindberg, Felt, Brown playing backup minutes at the guard spot.
Tray/Braun/Vandenberg sharing the 3 spot.
Plenty of bigs this year with the addition of Kading. Working hard on playing the bigs together. WOrking on ball skills, making the open elbow jumper and passing out of double teams.

This team has the ability to be very long and athletic. Brown was an absolutely critical piece in this process. We needed a defender at the 2 spot.

Good stuff, as always, Burgandy and Silk! Wish Hale the best moving on but it's a good thing for him and the program.

Bison"FANatic"
05-17-2012, 04:15 PM
If the season started tonight, Lindberg would start at the 2. He has exploded this summer, confident like the kid we recruited.

He has improved that much??????? Last year every time he entered the game it caused me to pucker up. He just seemed like he was forcesd to play at a level that he wasn't ready for. It is good to hear that he has improved.

HandoEX
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Starters...Backup
Alexander...Lindberg
Felt...Brown
Braun...Vandenbergh
Wright...Kading
Bjorklund...Aaberg

Top 8
Braun...32 minutes
Alexander...26 minutes
Bjorklund...24 minutes
Wright...20 minutes
Felt...20 minutes
Lindberg...18 minutes
Aaberg...16 minutes
Brown...12 minutes
Kading...10 minutes

Somewhere in there, and yes, I realize the minutes available don't add up.

I didn't realize until now how much our coaches like kids with a last name that ends in "berg"...Lindberg, Vandenberg, Lundberg, Aaberg.

tcbison
05-17-2012, 04:33 PM
As always Mr. B was right on. Dylan Hales leaves North Dakota State basketball team:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205428350

(http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205428350)

Mr. Burgundy
05-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Alexander/Lindberg
Lindberg/Felt/Brown
Braun/Wright/Vandenberg
Wright/Kading/Vandenberg
Bjorklund/Aaberg/Kading

LA is going to play alot. Felt and Lindberg will play about 20 a game, and I think Brown will earn alot of his time based on his defense, which sounds just silly good. Based on matchups, etc. (He had 12 steals in an AAU game recently). Not alot of D is played in AAU sometimes.....
It will be very interesting to see how a healthy Tray comes back. If he can play like he did in the Summit tourney, we are going to have a great year. He is critical. Having Vandenberg push him daily (literally push him) will be a good test.
Finally, we need Aaberg and Kading to be able to make some shots. If they can do that-and therefore play with Bjorklund, we really could be tough. Kading is really making strides and will push for alot of playing time. He is really physical. Very different in terms of his bounce compared to Marshall. He will dunk everything he can, block some shots and get more rebounds in space. Marshall is such a space eater. Those 3 bigs will provide us ability to play against other matchups, avoid foul trouble or play through foul trouble as there won't be a drop off in production, which we haven't been able to do in the past. Hopefully getting them out and running as we finally have depth.

The good news......we only graduate Nate Zastrow next year. So this team is here to stay for a while.

Dear AJ Jacobson.....sign here. Thanks

silkamilkamonico
05-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Wow......

Will be a good opportunity for Brown.

Good luck to Hale.

KSBisonFan
05-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Alexander/Lindberg
Lindberg/Felt/Brown
Braun/Wright/Vandenberg
Wright/Kading/Vandenberg
Bjorklund/Aaberg/Kading

LA is going to play alot. Felt and Lindberg will play about 20 a game, and I think Brown will earn alot of his time based on his defense, which sounds just silly good. Based on matchups, etc. (He had 12 steals in an AAU game recently). Not alot of D is played in AAU sometimes.....
It will be very interesting to see how a healthy Tray comes back. If he can play like he did in the Summit tourney, we are going to have a great year. He is critical. Having Vandenberg push him daily (literally push him) will be a good test.
Finally, we need Aaberg and Kading to be able to make some shots. If they can do that-and therefore play with Bjorklund, we really could be tough. Kading is really making strides and will push for alot of playing time. He is really physical. Very different in terms of his bounce compared to Marshall. He will dunk everything he can, block some shots and get more rebounds in space. Marshall is such a space eater. Those 3 bigs will provide us ability to play against other matchups, avoid foul trouble or play through foul trouble as there won't be a drop off in production, which we haven't been able to do in the past. Hopefully getting them out and running as we finally have depth.

The good news......we only graduate Nate Zastrow next year. So this team is here to stay for a while.

I like what you're saying about being more physical and not worrying about foul trouble as much. I think a large part of our offensive sluggishness last season was due to our bigs getting in foul trouble which led to our lack of depth inside which led to relying too much on the outside shots to fall. Trayvonn being more physical and assertive is the key to this team taking the next step this year....we really, really need him to be big! I still wonder how last season we were incredibly soft and constantly in foul trouble....doesn't make sense other than there were a lot of dumb fouls that really hurt us.

SlickVic
05-18-2012, 04:17 AM
Alexander/Lindberg
Lindberg/Felt/Brown
Braun/Wright/Vandenberg
Wright/Kading/Vandenberg
Bjorklund/Aaberg/Kading

since when has aaberg not been able to make shots? im not sure hes ever had the opportunity to...its obvious kid can shoot and spread the floor anybody whose seen him in warm ups or shooting the gift toss (copyright jack michaels) could tell you that...i dont understand why or how that hasnt happened yet maybe you and or kermit could explain for us cuz it makes no cents ever since moorman you got a big who can spread the floor and play pick and pop basketball yet they end up being nothing but screeners at best...im sorry but thats what the andy nagels of the world are for on a hardwood floor that and or bailing hay lol...healthy or not tray needs to step up to the summit and quit with the phantom injuries who does he think he is freddy coleman? develop a jump hook and shoot nothing but jump hooks for the next 2 years dude that alone might earn him a spot on a d-league roster...and brauns a big boy no reason why he cant get down on the block either winks did...but i agree burgandy the good news is we graduate nate zastrow next year lol

JSUBison
05-18-2012, 05:33 AM
since when has aaberg not been able to make shots? im not sure hes ever had the opportunity to...its obvious kid can shoot and spread the floor anybody whose seen him in warm ups or shooting the gift toss (copyright jack michaels) could tell you that...i dont understand why or how that hasnt happened yet maybe you and or kermit could explain for us cuz it makes no cents ever since moorman you got a big who can spread the floor and play pick and pop basketball yet they end up being nothing but screeners at best...im sorry but thats what the andy nagels of the world are for on a hardwood floor that and or bailing hay lol...healthy or not tray needs to step up to the summit and quit with the phantom injuries who does he think he is freddy coleman? develop a jump hook and shoot nothing but jump hooks for the next 2 years dude that alone might earn him a spot on a d-league roster...and brauns a big boy no reason why he cant get down on the block either winks did...but i agree burgandy the good news is we graduate nate zastrow next year lol

Yeah this was an issue last year, those ponderous coaching decisions. The guys and Saul hopefully worked a bit on screens, switching and fighting through those screens and not rotating. I still to this day can see Bjorkland trying to guard against Wolters in that SDSU game at Frost. :facepalm:

SlickVic
05-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Yeah this was an issue last year, those ponderous coaching decisions. The guys and Saul hopefully worked a bit on screens, switching and fighting through those screens and not rotating. I still to this day can see Bjorkland trying to guard against Wolters in that SDSU game at Frost. :facepalm:

yea which is exactly what im talking about...pick and pop at its best was what walters and them do... what it really means is pick your poison people can call dykstra soft all they want i would call him highly skilled he stretches the floor and makes you pay...he plays that role perfectly aka big marsh was absolutley helpless in those situations vs sdsu he wanted nothing to do with dykstra from range and he obviously cant gaurd walters when theres any sort of space involved...aaberg may or may not have 3 game but really theres no reason why he cant develop it...he def has mid range tho so no reason why him and LA cant play that same sort of game...woody and moorman could of played it to...how painful was it to whatch moormans man just park in the lane waiting for woody knowing moorman wasnt going to do nothing but stand there wide open...all im saying is getting aaberg away from the hoop and into high pick and pop situations will do nothing but create space for marsh to operate on the block...you can be as long and athletic as you want if you dont utilize either ie play a zone ie punish obvious mismatches its really nothing to brag about

herdmember
10-12-2012, 04:52 AM
Any update on starting lineup/rotation? Is there no midnight madness this year?

roadwarrior
10-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Is there no midnight madness this year?

Guess not.

KSBisonFan
10-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Any update on starting lineup/rotation? Is there no midnight madness this year?

Saul told Izzo and Kolpack he sees a rotation of "8 1/2". He also made the comment to the effect that some kids who were expecting playing time might have to sit. 2 freshmen will be in the mix for playing time.

roadwarrior
10-12-2012, 12:02 PM
2 freshmen will be in the mix for playing time.

That would be Brown and Kading. Werner will redshirt.

HandoEX
10-12-2012, 12:38 PM
That would be Brown and Kading. Werner will redshirt.
What about Vandenbergh?

Kermit
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
What about Vandenbergh?
VandenBergh and Brown will play as true freshmen. Werner will redshirt. Kading is a redshirt freshman and he will obviously play. All of these kids are good players, but none of them are likely to have a huge immediate impact like LA did last year.

silkamilkamonico
10-12-2012, 01:58 PM
"8.5"

Let's hear it....

PG - LA
SG - Felt
wing - Braun
PF - Wright
C - Bjorklund

Brown
Lindberg
Kading

Aaberg (".5")

Vandenburg
Zastrow

My guess.....

Love to have competition for playing time within the team. Will be interesting to see which kids expecting to play will have to sit.

KSBisonFan
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
"8.5"

Let's hear it....

PG - LA
SG - Felt
wing - Braun
PF - Wright
C - Bjorklund

Brown
Lindberg
Kading

Aaberg (".5")

Vandenburg
Zastrow

My guess.....

Love to have competition for playing time within the team. Will be interesting to see which kids expecting to play will have to sit.

I think Aaberg will 1.0 and Kading, Brown and Lindberg will be competing for the .5. I'm gonna keep repeating what I said last year too......I'd like to see Bjorklund and Aaberg on the court together playing a high/low post game. I think we'd have a more physical presence and avoid the soft play we saw last season. I also know that Aaberg and/or Bjorklund seemed to have foul problems every game.
I think we'll be a fun team to watch with fewer weaknesses to expose than last season.

BisonSD
10-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Saul told Izzo and Kolpack he sees a rotation of "8 1/2". He also made the comment to the effect that some kids who were expecting playing time might have to sit. 2 freshmen will be in the mix for playing time.
Hopefully everyone gets some good playing time. We need them all -- Last year a few of the players had so many minutes they looked tired before the season was half over. Would be nice if he can get a good solid rotation going early in the season and stick with it so the players know where they stand.

dragonsfan
10-12-2012, 09:38 PM
any of these guys transfer to msum?
i would of liked to see aaberg at msum from day 1, that kid would of dominated D2.

silkamilkamonico
10-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Anyone practive viewers getting a look at how Brown is looking?

Who is standing out/improved the most?

HandoEX
10-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Saul said a while back that with the addition of Kading, we will see Aaberg and Bjorklund on the floor together this season. Couldn't afford the potential foul trouble with the relative lack of post depth last season.

herdmember
09-26-2013, 09:33 PM
This conversation started in the recruiting thread, but figured it would fit better here. Any guesses on starting 5/rotation for this year? My guess is pretty simple for starting 5, same as last year:
LA
Brown
Taylor
TrayVonn
Marshall

Backups getting minutes in order:
Kading
Vandenbergh (Saul seems to love him)
Dupree
Felt
Aaberg (I'd probably have Aaberg/Felt 7 and 8 in minutes, but this is what I think Saul will do)
Werner
Newell

Lindberg (hurt)
AJ (redshirt)

Just an uneducated guess! Is Lindberg out? % chance AJ redshirts?

silkamilkamonico
09-26-2013, 10:52 PM
This conversation started in the recruiting thread, but figured it would fit better here. Any guesses on starting 5/rotation for this year? My guess is pretty simple for starting 5, same as last year:
LA
Brown
Taylor
TrayVonn
Marshall

Kading
Dupree
Felt
Aaberg (I'd probably have Aaberg/Felt 7 and 8 in minutes, but this is what I think Saul will do)
Werner
Newell

Lindberg (hurt)
AJ (redshirt)

I pretty much agree completely with whatyou have.

I could be wrong but I think I heard Lindberg was actually done with basketball for good?

roadwarrior
09-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Lindberg is on the 2013-14 roster.

NDSUstudent
09-27-2013, 12:32 AM
LA
Brown
Taylor
TrayVonn
Marshall

Kading
Dupree
Felt
Werner
Newell

Lindberg (hurt)
AJ (redshirt)

Swap Felt and Vandenberg. Not sure how Carlin fits in until I see him on the court and obviously Lindberg with his injury is a question mark.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

1998braves64
09-27-2013, 04:09 AM
LA
Brown
Taylor
TrayVonn
Marshall

Kading
Dupree
Felt
Werner
Newell

Lindberg (hurt)
AJ (redshirt)

I thought Newell was a senior last year??

HoopsBison
09-27-2013, 04:54 AM
I thought Newell was a senior last year??

Nope, just Zastrow and Mauch.

ndsubison1
09-29-2013, 08:25 PM
i could see dupree getting some okay minutes filling in for LA and Brown at times

Herd12
09-30-2013, 05:43 PM
I agree. Someone has to get the backup PG minutes, and I think it's going to have to be Dupree if Lindberg can't go. Taylor playing backup PG is not exactly a recipe for a fluid offense.