PDA

View Full Version : Worst defeat

Pages : [1] 2

Midlandchip
05-15-2012, 03:36 AM
There is a thread going on the Central Michigan board discussing the biggest or best win and worst defeat in CMU football that fans can remember. A number of games have been mentioned in the worst defeat catagory including our loss to Florida in 1997 by a score of 82-6. However, the one that comes up again and again as the worst loss is the one CMU suffered at the hands of NDSU in Mt. Pleasant in 2007 by a score of 44-14. Many feel that was more than a loss. It was a real beat down and one of the most embarrassing defeats CMU has taken in the memory of many CMU fans. I think it is interesting that fans have not forgotten that game and it's still being talked about. I haven't read that anyone wants a rematch. Apparently once was enough.

4mcruenomore
05-15-2012, 03:46 AM
I see you joined in 2007, but this thread seems like bait...

TheBisonator
05-15-2012, 03:52 AM
Question for you: I heard thru the grapevine that there was a lot of turmoil on your team (b/w coaches and players) after the loss to NDSU, stuff like coaches threatening players and things like that. What exactly happened??

Midlandchip
05-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Well, that was so long ago I really have forgotten the details. I do remember everyone was down after that loss and when I say down I really mean down. We were 1-3 at that point and everyone was acting as if the season was over. Players were blaming each other for the loss, coaches were all over the team and fans were writing not so nice letters and emails to the AD. A lot of hot words were exchanged after that one. Once the blame game was over, the team did get it together and went on the win the MAC that year and lost to Purdue in the Motor City Bowl in one of the best Motor City games ever played. The North Dakota game was a tough loss but I think it served a purpose.

Football season is still a ways off and this is the kind of stuff we talk about when there is no news. I just thought some of you might be interested in knowing the game is still being talked about over here. In the same way, I'm sure many Michigan fans are still talking about their loss to Appalachian State. One big difference is Michigan has invited ASU back for a rematch. I would like to see CMU do the same thing with North Dakota State. In any event, you made it into our record books in a way.

reformedUNDfan
05-15-2012, 06:53 AM
link/proof of non-troll?

CaBisonFan
05-15-2012, 07:05 AM
We were pretty proud of that win against Michigan at the time. We had a very talented team.

It's kind of in our rearview mirror now. We've played and beaten down some very talented teams...regardless of the level.

BisonFan02
05-15-2012, 07:18 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=340&f=2793&t=8989614

Take it for what its worth, but midlandchip isn't the only one to remember in the thread. it is a stretch, but not necessarily a troll.

BisonTeacher
05-15-2012, 11:17 AM
No offense...but only Vikings fans sit around talking about great losses. Being a Vikings fan...I'd rather not get into that habit with the Bison.

heffray
05-15-2012, 05:39 PM
No offense...but only Vikings fans sit around talking about great losses. Being a Vikings fan...I'd rather not get into that habit with the Bison.

!!!

oh, indeed.

bisonmike2
05-15-2012, 05:44 PM
I'll bite. The last loss to UND. Last game of the series. It was in overtime and had we won it we would have likely made the playoffs in our last D2 yea. We then absolutely needed the last game of the season against a very beatable St. Cloud State team and we choked that one away also.

Other than that, no too many loses stick out, especially recently. Great time to be a Bison!

aces1180
05-15-2012, 05:52 PM
I'll bite. The last loss to UND. Last game of the series. It was in overtime and had we won it we would have likely made the playoffs in our last D2 yea. We then absolutely needed the last game of the season against a very beatable St. Cloud State team and we choked that one away also.

Other than that, no too many loses stick out, especially recently. Great time to be a Bison!

Mine is the 2007 game at SDSU...

The Bison had a chance to end 11-0 and win a second-straight Great West Football Conference Championship and keep the Dakota Marker.

Hell, there was an outside chance that NDSU could have played in a lower-level bowl game.

Also, Steve Walker's last pass was an INT, which sucks.

That was a long ride home...

bisonmike2
05-15-2012, 05:58 PM

The Bison had a chance to end 11-0 and win a second-straight Great West Football Conference Championship and keep the Dakota Marker.

Hell, there was an outside chance that NDSU could have played in a lower-level bowl game.

Jeez, thanks alot. I had successfully blocked that one from my memory until now.

MNLonghorn10
05-15-2012, 06:26 PM
eastern washington has been my worst defeat since my time following ndsu.

CivilBison96
05-15-2012, 06:34 PM

I 2nd this motion, I was there and walking out on the Bison sidelines it was absolutely silent. Since the Great Tampon of stadiums did not have a video board people were calling others on cell phones and there was almost a unanimous concensus that the call would be overturned and then when it was not there was just utter shock.

BisonNation11
05-15-2012, 06:43 PM
I 2nd this motion, I was there and walking out on the Bison sidelines it was absolutely silent. Since the Great Tampon of stadiums did not have a video board people were calling others on cell phones and there was almost a unanimous concensus that the call would be overturned and then when it was not there was just utter shock.

That play and call haunted me the entire post season last year. All I could imagine was seeing something like that happen again... I just got the chills...

reformedUNDfan
05-15-2012, 08:11 PM

you forgot a possible split national championship by virtue of the coaches pole.

bisonmike2
05-15-2012, 08:23 PM

This may sound stupid and it probably doesn't mean as much as I think it does but I feel that without getting screwed at EWU we don't win it all the next year. That really seemed to bring everyone together and focus on winning the NC.

tony
05-15-2012, 08:40 PM
This may sound stupid and it probably doesn't mean as much as I think it does but I feel that without getting screwed at EWU we don't win it all the next year. That really seemed to bring everyone together and focus on winning the NC.

You could probably say the same thing about the 1984 National Championship game that NDSU lost in the last seconds on a 50 yard field goal. The program seems to use those losses as motivation - and if they really get drubbed or lose a game they thought they should have won, it seems like Bison teams make a point to win the next game very decisively.

Example:
2005: Cal Poly 37, NDSU 6
2006: NDSU 51, Cal Poly 14

I did some looking into NDSU's biggest losses a week or so ago and the NDSU's Top 25 Beatdowns all took place 50+ years ago. Worst of the modern era was when Northern Michigan beat NDSU 38-0. NDSU won the next five in that series, cumulating in a 45-point win.

NorthernBison
05-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Two types of losses hurt the most.

1. The games that end the season where everything is on the line. (The FG by Troy State in 1984 for the Title, the Pitt State conversion attempt that came up an inch short, EWU for obvious reasons) BTW, the Troy State kick kept Benny and the guys from FOUR CONSECUTIVE TITLES.

2. The losses that make you question HEART. (example: getting "boat raced" by Poly in 2005 when we thought we had something going) Turned out to be a blip but it didn't feel that way at the time.

Edit: Holy Crap Tony!! Were you reading my mind?

tony
05-15-2012, 09:05 PM

I don't know... were you just thinking about tacos?

NorthernBison
05-15-2012, 09:07 PM
I don't know... were you just thinking about tacos?

Nope. I guess it was just a coincidence that two of the same games came to mind.

tony
05-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Nope. I guess it was just a coincidence that two of the same games came to mind.

I'll stick to quick picks when buying powerball tickets then.

There were almost "Vancouver lost a hockey game" style riots in Churchill Hall the night of the Troy State loss. Very disappointing.

Bison03
05-15-2012, 09:32 PM
you forgot a possible split national championship by virtue of the coaches pole.

Well, since the FCS has a playoff system, I would have a hard time believing that the coaches would vote an undefeated team over a team that won a tournament and a national championship game. We probably would have been #1 in the poles to end the year since I believe we were at the time of that loss. Back on the subject of this thread. There are many losses that I am agreeing with that have already been mentioned. E. Wash, Pitt St., and every UND loss was always a heart breaker. The worst UND loss was the last one. First game in history of the series to go to OT. Knowing that it was unknown when we would ever play them again. Watching their players run and hoist the nickel, walking out of the tin shed with the jeers of the und faithful yelling an idiotic comment of "If you can't win, change divisions" and the sarcastic "Good luck in DI". I was to sick to my stomach to even come back with any response; none of which would have been worthy anyways after a loss. The drive back to Fargo seemed to last hours. That is why I can't wait until we play them again and when we win I replace all that negative emotion with a positive one.

BisoninNWMN
05-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Hope Central Michigan invites us to play again...we would beat them again.

MNLonghorn10
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
i thought of that too. but i think ndsu wins it 2 years ago had they not choked/gotten screwed.....then a 2 peat for sure with last years championship, and then a good chance at a 3 this year.

but i think ndsu is one of the favorites to win it all again this upcoming year...so i'll settle for a 2peat

4mcruenomore
05-15-2012, 10:56 PM
2003 UND loss is my worst. Damn it we should have won!

CaBisonFan
05-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Two types of losses hurt the most.

1. The games that end the season where everything is on the line. (The FG by Troy State in 1984 for the Title, the Pitt State conversion attempt that came up an inch short, EWU for obvious reasons) BTW, the Troy State kick kept Benny and the guys from FOUR CONSECUTIVE TITLES.

2. The losses that make you question HEART. (example: getting "boat raced" by Poly in 2005 when we thought we had something going) Turned out to be a blip but it didn't feel that way at the time.

I remember the announcers from Cal Poly saying that their athleticism was far superior to NDSU's. Not true...but it stung.

NorthernBison
05-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I remember the announcers from Cal Poly saying that their athleticism was far superior to NDSU's. Not true...but it stung.

I remember the Bison radio team almost speechless. That was gut check time in the transition. We had lost a close game earlier to Montana state and Davis was coming in next. Consistency against quality teams was a question. Heads were down after poly but pride quickly took over.

You might remember how bleak that season ended with Walker tearing up his knee. Lots of questions going into 2006.

semobison
05-16-2012, 12:33 AM
In 1995, the 3rd game of the season, Feeneys first start, we went down to St. Cloud and got beat 35-0! I was there and remember feeling shellshocked! We came back and only lost 2 more games that season making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs!

4mcruenomore
05-16-2012, 01:32 AM
In 1995, the 3rd game of the season, Feeneys first start, we went down to St. Cloud and got beat 35-0! I was there and remember feeling shellshocked! We came back and only lost 2 more games that season making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs!

I remember that one as well, f'n St. Cloud...

Hammerhead
05-16-2012, 01:44 AM
The 96 SCSU game is a good (bad?) one. The only heartbreaking game I remember clearly that doesn't involve a post-season loss was the 2006 Game @ Minnesota. We watched it in a sports bar with my in-laws who are big gopher fans and all 4 of us considered it a loss. NDSU seemed to be playing the better game only to have a potential game winning field goal blocked when our kicker had scored from the same distance a few minutes before.

NDSU led in the following stats:
1st downs
rushing yards
passing yards
average yards per play
time of possession in every quarter

thebigund
05-16-2012, 01:46 AM
2003 UND loss is my worst. Damn it we should have won!
nothing wrong with losing to a superior team/program

aces1180
05-16-2012, 01:48 AM

Agreed...9>1

IzzyFlexion
05-16-2012, 01:48 AM
The 96 SCSU game is a good (bad?) one. The only heartbreaking game I remember clearly that doesn't involve a post-season loss was the 2006 Game @ Minnesota. We watched it in a sports bar with my in-laws who are big gopher fans and all 4 of us considered it a loss. NDSU seemed to be playing the better game only to have a potential game winning field goal blocked when our kicker had scored from the same distance a few minutes before.

NDSU led in the following stats:
1st downs
rushing yards
passing yards
average yards per play
time of possession in every quarter
Heart
Grit
Pride

SYPWSI (supplemented you post with some intangibles) :)

IzzyFlexion
05-16-2012, 01:53 AM

Agree with you.
Felt so helpless watching on-line. To finish #1 before being playoff eligible would have been monstorous.

thebigund
05-16-2012, 01:54 AM
Agreed...9>1
correction 1>0

Bison bison
05-16-2012, 02:06 AM
Definitely the SDSU game for me.

We were in Brookings. Was in shock. Didn't even want to drink after the game.

Bison03
05-16-2012, 02:18 AM
but i think ndsu is one of the favorites to win it all again this upcoming year...so i'll settle for a 2peat

2peat?! I think it's safe to predict a minimum 8-peat!

thebigund
05-16-2012, 02:23 AM
what about all of the loses to UND in the Fargo Loaf?

http://youtu.be/5KHaKOjX_Hs

56BISON73
05-16-2012, 02:27 AM

Hows that working for you now. :rofl::rofl:

bri-dog
05-16-2012, 02:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

MNLonghorn10
05-16-2012, 02:44 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20479399.jpg

calelars24
05-16-2012, 03:45 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20479399.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Midlandchip
05-16-2012, 04:28 AM
Hope Central Michigan invites us to play again...we would beat them again.

The way we are playing now I would have to agree with you. We are coming off two 3-9 seasons and many of us can only hope it will get better this year.

And this thread has really turned into something - worst Bison defeat. I'm glad I gave you guys something to talk about.

Midlandchip

EndZoneQB
05-16-2012, 05:11 AM
The way we are playing now I would have to agree with you. We are coming off two 3-9 seasons and many of us can only hope it will get better this year.

And this thread has really turned into something - worst Bison defeat. I'm glad I gave you guys something to talk about.

Midlandchip

Like you pointed out, it's the offseason! haha

riceweb
05-16-2012, 05:43 AM

Come again? I'm intrigued by this.

onbison09
05-16-2012, 05:54 AM
correction 1>0

What are you referring to exactly?

reformedUNDfan
05-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Come again? I'm intrigued by this.

if there weren't enough team to fill all the bowls that year, fcs teams would have been selected.

I believe there was talk from on high at ndsu about petitioning the ncaa for bowl eligibility that year regardless of whether they were short a team or not.

reformedUNDfan
05-16-2012, 08:40 AM

in UNDland, they are a proud and distinguished program and their one real national championship is the only one that counts because ndsu didn't win any national championships the year UND won theirs. If NDSU had won he national championship that year it wouldn't have counted because UND wouldn't have won one that year, so it would not be a real championship. You see you can only show how good your program is when UND is at the top, otherwise you are just beating up on inferior competition, like shitty UND teams that didn't win a championship.

BisonTeacher
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
in UNDland, they are a proud and distinguished program and their one real national championship is the only one that counts because ndsu didn't win any national championships the year UND won theirs. If NDSU had won he national championship that year it wouldn't have counted because UND wouldn't have won one that year, so it would not be a real championship. You see you can only show how good your program is when UND is at the top, otherwise you are just beating up on inferior competition, like shitty UND teams that didn't win a championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

bisonmike2
05-16-2012, 11:36 AM

Or how about those losses to NAIA U of Sioux Falls? A UND fan chimes in on worst losses, how appropriate.

IzzyFlexion
05-16-2012, 11:51 AM

He doesn't look like such a bad ass on that video.
Now...............you take that helmet and shoulder pads off......................

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrWgmGd3XfzjTh3DqQfgdBmBMSjCru9 OFxWIE_sF7g-c4SSLmZaM9MInvJ9g

riceweb
05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
if there weren't enough team to fill all the bowls that year, fcs teams would have been selected.

I believe there was talk from on high at ndsu about petitioning the ncaa for bowl eligibility that year regardless of whether they were short a team or not.

Found the original thread here on Bisonville:
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?11376-Bison-in-a-Bowl-Game

bisonmike2
05-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Just curious, does sue sports have a "Signature wins in D1 era" thread? If they do, how high up is the moral victory of going "toe to toe with Idaho"?

gotts
05-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Just curious, does sue sports have a "Signature wins in D1 era" thread? If they do, how high up is the moral victory of going "toe to toe with Idaho"?

Only a single thread?

They've probably got an entire section of the forums dedicated to it.

BisonNation11
05-16-2012, 03:15 PM

Whiouxville - Where the kool-aid is always flowing and moral victories are our cornerstones

thebigund
05-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Division 1. It's nice that you have a million D2 championships and we have one but they don't matter in D1. You don't see Boise bragging about their's because they don't play in that division anymore. So 1>0 makes more sense than 9>1.

thebigund
05-16-2012, 04:03 PM
I don't know if our beating of UNI would count since we were D2 at the time..... it did happen a long while before you guys beat them though and I believe they were ranked #5

bisonmike2
05-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't know if our beating of UNI would count since we were D2 at the time..... it did happen a long while before you guys beat them though and I believe they were ranked #5

Really? That's the best you can do? Congrats. I guess you guys win on the title of beating UNI during the time frame of 2007 to 2010 before NDSU did. Did you guys make a trophy or plaque? And you are aware that we used to play UNI all the time back in the day, right? It's not like they are we are 1-99 against them. Just one last question, will you guys be counting the legal beat down of your nickname a victory or defeat?

thebigund
05-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Really? That's the best you can do? Congrats. I guess you guys win on the title of beating UNI during the time frame of 2007 to 2010 before NDSU did. Did you guys make a trophy or plaque? And you are aware that we used to play UNI all the time back in the day, right? It's not like they are we are 1-99 against them. Just one last question, will you guys be counting the legal beat down of your nickname a victory or defeat?
victory for the record. And yesssssss I am aware of past affiliations with UNI, but thank you for flexing your immense sports history muscles

Bison"FANatic"
05-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Division 1. It's nice that you have a million D2 championships and we have one but they don't matter in D1. You don't see Boise bragging about their's because they don't play in that division anymore. So 1>0 makes more sense than 9>1.

You go ahead and forget about your history and try to "reset" the history of your program. We here at NDSU remember our history, celebrate our history and do not hide from our history. Go ahead and dismiss us and our history, we will just smile and know our players on the field next year remember and respect the history of the program that they play for. The players on last years championship team remembered, respected and listened to the past players and their history down in Frisco before they took the field and brought home their own championship. So I say again go ahead and dismiss our history, there is a reason we have 9 championships, a very active fan base that actually comes to the games and a program that is respected by most. We embrace our history and don't hide from it.

344Johnson
05-16-2012, 04:27 PM

9>1. Accept it.

NorthernBison
05-16-2012, 04:52 PM

You would have been better served if you left the last part off. Congrats on your victory though.

I believe in respecting opponents while retaining a dose of reality. That #5 ranked team didn't make the playoffs that season (2006). I'm more concerned that you might think the 2006 Bison would have had any problems with the same UNI team. I'm thinking NOT.

Bison03
05-16-2012, 05:01 PM
You go ahead and forget about your history and try to "reset" the history of your program. We here at NDSU remember our history, celebrate our history and do not hide from our history. Go ahead and dismiss us and our history, we will just smile and know our players on the field next year remember and respect the history of the program that they play for. The players on last years championship team remembered, respected and listened to the past players and their history down in Frisco before they took the field and brought home their own championship. So I say again go ahead and dismiss our history, there is a reason we have 9 championships, a very active fan base that actually comes to the games and a program that is respected by most. We embrace our history and don't hide from it.

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: :nod::nod:

344Johnson
05-16-2012, 05:06 PM
You go ahead and forget about your history and try to "reset" the history of your program. .

Keep in mind that at UND, resetting their history involves only resetting from 1 to 0.

BisonTeacher
05-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Keep in mind that at UND, resetting their history involves only resetting from 1 to 0.

and might no longer include a mascot.

Bison03
05-16-2012, 05:11 PM
I would think that UND would want to not just reset but erase their transition period from the history books. Scheduling horrible NAIA and DII competition, losing to said crappy competition, no signature DI victories to point to, nickname controversy, Big Sky Conference threatening to boot them, players using steroids, empty stadiums watching them play home games. But don't worry, now that they are in the Big Sky, all that can be changed to the positive like flipping a switch.

KilldeerBison
05-16-2012, 05:17 PM
9>1. Accept it.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/phedger/imagesCAMHQZT7-1.jpg

abc123
05-16-2012, 05:34 PM

What about the NDSU fans who ignore history when it relates to 45-62-3? Or is it OK to start counting in an arbitrary year in that case?

BisonFan02
05-16-2012, 05:38 PM
What about the NDSU fans who ignore history when it relates to 45-62-3? Or is it OK to start counting in an arbitrary year in that case?

UND is almost like UNI...win some national championships...that includes teh hockies now too since it seems they can't win anything other than the broadmoor.

abc123
05-16-2012, 05:43 PM
UND is almost like UNI...win some national championships...that includes teh hockies now too since it seems they can't win anything other than the broadmoor.

You forgot about the MacNaughton Cup.

aces1180
05-16-2012, 05:44 PM

UND owns the head-to-head...Good for you.

As much as I love to see NDSU beat UND, I'd gladly concede the H2H match-up for the nine national titles the Bison have earned since the 1960s.

thebigund
05-16-2012, 05:49 PM
I would think that UND would want to not just reset but erase their transition period from the history books. Scheduling horrible NAIA and DII competition, losing to said crappy competition, no signature DI victories to point to, nickname controversy, Big Sky Conference threatening to boot them, players using steroids, empty stadiums watching them play home games. But don't worry, now that they are in the Big Sky, all that can be changed to the positive like flipping a switch.
I'm not sure which shit D2 team we lost to that you are referring to feel free to enlighten me. Our signature wins will happen next year when they count toward the playoffs we'll actually be ready after our transition. So who was using steroids? I'm not sure you understand how steroids work. Had Mr. Belotti been using steroids he would've been bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone else. He was not bigger (190lbs) not faster (4.8 40) and not stronger than a safety normally is. When people use steroids they get a huge competitive advantage and their balls shrink. There was no noticeable competitive advantage but I'm sure you know from experience how much smaller his balls got from 'using steroids'.

abc123
05-16-2012, 05:51 PM
UND owns the head-to-head...Good for you.

As much as I love to see NDSU beat UND, I'd gladly concede the H2H match-up for the nine national titles the Bison have earned since the 1960s.

NDSU has every right to be proud of those titles. I just get a chuckle out of the people who go and tout NDSU's history and how they are so proud of it (which is very impressive and they should be) but as soon as the H2H match-up is brought up, they back-pedal and throw out all of the history they are so proud of and say that anything before a certain date doesn't count.

56BISON73
05-16-2012, 05:54 PM

You have UND fans that do that as well. I was at a Twins game a couple of years ago and it happened to be UND day. So I wore my NDSU Undefeated in Hockey T-shirt. OMG you would have thought the world just ended. I had to explain to a few of the UND dudes that NDSU in fact had a hockey team back in the early 1900s and it in fact had gone undefeated. According to your UND brotheran those game didnt count.

So I guess if they didnt count then your early victories dont either. So shall we say we only count victories in the MODERN era?

tcbison
05-16-2012, 05:54 PM
NDSU has every right to be proud of those titles. I just get a chuckle out of the people who go and tout NDSU's history and how they are so proud of it (which is very impressive and they should be) but as soon as the H2H match-up is brought up, they back-pedal and throw out all of the history they are so proud of and say that anything before a certain date doesn't count.

UND does the same thing when talking about the Minnesota hockey series. To me UND has the upper hand because from what I know about college hockey UND has more national titles compared to Minnesota. Just like NDSU has more national titles compared to UND.

Hammerhead
05-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Does it make sense to put teams from 100 years ago on par with the programs of today? The Gophers have 6 national championships. Does that make them one of the ten best programs in the country even though they haven't even won a conference championship in over 40 years?

4mcruenomore
05-16-2012, 06:08 PM
You will never gain any respect from UND fans, they will always mention a statistic that proves their side of the arguement, when that fails, they will bring up ButtHockey. When we win the next time we play them 40-0, they will have some excuse or arguement then as well. It's just the way it is.

JSUBison
05-16-2012, 06:09 PM

I feel bad for our CMU guest that came here to discuss football. Troll the regulars, but not the guests.

But even using your logic, Mr. Whoever you are, NDSU has 4 DI national championships in football.

1965: NDSU beat Grambling
1968: NDSU beat Arkansas State
1969: NDSU beat Montana
2012: NDSU beat SHSU

So even using your argument, 4>0.

It's time for Scooby Doo to take off your mask.

BlueBisonRock
05-16-2012, 06:18 PM

I am more than happy to bring a can of paint to the potato hutt so UND can emulate the UNI athletic department and paint this significant win on the wall. Does the Alerius also have a garage door?

Decent point. For me it happens that 1965 is the year I became football aware and started following the Bison so the cuttoff date makes sense. I will grant you that the twenties through fifties were less than stellar and should be forgotten but also play into the results. In truth, none of the games played between NDSU and UND provide any prognostication capability for the next game that may be played. (BTW: the data I would use as a prognosticator state that the fine University to the north would have their ass handed to them).

thebigund
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM
I feel bad for our CMU guest that came here to discuss football. Troll the regulars, but not the guests.

But even using your logic, Mr. Whoever you are, NDSU has 4 DI national championships in football.

1965: NDSU beat Grambling
1968: NDSU beat Arkansas State
1969: NDSU beat Montana
2012: NDSU beat SHSU

So even using your argument, 4>0.

It's time for Scooby Doo to take off your mask.
I'm sure the fans of Michigan St. Alabama (65) Ohio St. (68) and Texas (69) would beg to differ. Soooo 1>0

Twentysix
05-16-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm sure the fans of Michigan St. Alabama (65) Ohio St. (68) and Texas (69) would beg to differ. Soooo 1>0

So you are saying Michigan St and Alabama would both beg to differ over 1965? Before they can argue with us, they have to decide amongst themselves who won. Since you are implying only one championship can be claimed per year.

BisonFan02
05-16-2012, 06:41 PM

...............what? If that was the case, I'm sure this year's Bama team would beg to differ also.

reformedUNDfan
05-16-2012, 06:41 PM

the parts of the college division ended up in d1 when the divisions were made, including those three schools.

tony
05-16-2012, 06:57 PM

So what do you think that 45-62-3 proves? Are you going to argue that NDSU wasn't the greatest football program in the history of DII using those numbers? Are you going to argue that NDSU isn't a superior DI program?

Back on topic, here are two losses that really stuck in my craw (sorry for bringing up bad memories):

1997 against Northwest Missouri State. Naturally, NDSU had to travel there. Stupid regionalization. The worst part was totally controlling the first half and then losing the game. The game also featured a terrible inadvertant whistle that robbed NDSU of a TD. Hadn't thought about that play in a long time, but how in the heck do you accidentally blow the whistle on an INT for a TD?

2000 Losing home field to Delta State. Even losing the game didn't bother me as much as the total bull crap, behind-the-scenes decision to have that game in Delta State. On the plus side, I think this decision played a significant factor in leaving D2 as it demonstrated just how far heads were jammed in that division. Seriously, as soon as FCS starts running the playoffs like D2, I'll be on board for an FBS move.

abc123
05-16-2012, 07:11 PM
So what do you think that 45-62-3 proves? Are you going to argue that NDSU wasn't the greatest football program in the history of DII using those numbers?
My question was that when someone says something like this:

You go ahead and forget about your history and try to "reset" the history of your program. We here at NDSU remember our history, celebrate our history and do not hide from our history. Go ahead and dismiss us and our history..............We embrace our history and don't hide from it.

and someone brings up the head to head matchup with UND, why is the tendency to claim anything before the 1960's (or some other date) don't count? I said NDSU should be proud of their titles (and I mean that), but to say that you are proud of your history only when you started winning titles or being successful and then choose to exclude a large chunk of it is pretty amusing.

tony
05-16-2012, 07:14 PM

and someone brings up the head to head matchup with UND, why is the tendency to claim anything before the 1960's (or some other date) don't count?

Doesn't NDSU have an all-time advantage in the NDSU v UND hockey series? :)

Again, what does the 45-62-3 prove other than UND was better before 1964?

abc123
05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Doesn't NDSU have an all-time advantage in the NDSU v UND hockey series? :)

Again, what does the 45-62-3 prove other than UND was better before 1964?

Honestly don't know the answer to the first one, I've never seen any sort of box score for a collegiate hockey game? Did they ever play in a sanctioned game?

As for the second part, as BBR said, past results on the field (championships and head-to-head matchups) mean nothing to what the results will be on the field.

tony
05-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Honestly don't know the answer to the first one, I've never seen any sort of box score for a collegiate hockey game? Did they ever play in a sanctioned game.

Sanctioned by who? The Canadian Pope?

Bison Dan
05-16-2012, 07:34 PM

and someone brings up the head to head matchup with UND, why is the tendency to claim anything before the 1960's (or some other date) don't count? I said NDSU should be proud of their titles (and I mean that), but to say that you are proud of your history only when you started winning titles or being successful and then choose to exclude a large chunk of it is pretty amusing.
Be amused all you want but to say those games before 1960 meant much of anything is foolish. In sports we compete against UND, we have a superior sports success nationally is not up for question. The only sport you excel in is hockey - had a few good years in wbb. NDSU has 21 NC's which is far and away more than you guys. You're not even in the ball park!

HandoEX
05-16-2012, 07:35 PM
I'd rather have my favorite team win National Championships than win head-to-head against UND. However, I can understand why beating NDSU is just as important to UND football fans as winning National Championships is for NDSU football fans.

bisonmike2
05-16-2012, 07:36 PM
victory for the record. And yesssssss I am aware of past affiliations with UNI, but thank you for flexing your immense sports history muscles

No problem. And don't act like you're not impressed.

http://jokerreport.typepad.com/.a/6a00e393366a1a8834015437062530970c-500wi

abc123
05-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Sanctioned by who? The Canadian Pope?

I meant outside of a club game. Just took a quick look at the media guide. It shows only one game against NDSU, which was in 1948 with a final score of 17-6 in favor of UND.

abc123
05-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Be amused all you want but to say those games before 1960 meant much of anything is foolish.

That's some DaveK level stuff there.

4mcruenomore
05-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I think some people need to go back and re-read my previous post. NO MATTER what you say, UND people will come up with some statistic or excuse, you will never win. No matter what, they will say ButtHockey, hell, we have even seen comments about how many millionaires each school has graduated. Sheesh, they are idiots!! 28 conference championships, 9 National championships, suck it.

Bison03
05-16-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure which shit D2 team we lost to that you are referring to feel free to enlighten me. Our signature wins will happen next year when they count toward the playoffs we'll actually be ready after our transition. So who was using steroids? I'm not sure you understand how steroids work. Had Mr. Belotti been using steroids he would've been bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone else. He was not bigger (190lbs) not faster (4.8 40) and not stronger than a safety normally is. When people use steroids they get a huge competitive advantage and their balls shrink. There was no noticeable competitive advantage but I'm sure you know from experience how much smaller his balls got from 'using steroids'.

Your right, it was just some shit NAIA school in The University of Sioux Falls. As far as the steroids issue and other drug charges. Jon Goertz and Kenneth Ray were charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and Anthony Belotti was charged with possession of anabolic steroids and adderall. Read about it here: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/224165/. These are the facts. Here is my opinion: Maybe there was no competitive advantage because he was not that good in the first place.

EndZoneQB
05-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Your right, it was just some shit NAIA school in The University of Sioux Falls. As far as the steroids issue and other drug charges. Jon Goertz and Kenneth Ray were charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and Anthony Belotti was charged with possession of anabolic steroids and adderall. Read about it here: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/224165/. These are the facts. Here is my opinion: Maybe there was no competitive advantage because he was not that good in the first place.

After reading that, I'm a little perplexed with the ND drug laws. Para laws are tougher than carrying the actual drug? It's about as backwards as having that be a real crime...

abc123
05-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Decent point. For me it happens that 1965 is the year I became football aware and started following the Bison so the cuttoff date makes sense. I will grant you that the twenties through fifties were less than stellar and should be forgotten but also play into the results. In truth, none of the games played between NDSU and UND provide any prognostication capability for the next game that may be played. (BTW: the data I would use as a prognosticator state that the fine University to the north would have their ass handed to them).

Sounds like you should start calculating for 2015 and 2017 per Tom Miller of the GF Herald (http://twitter.com/#!/tommillergf/status/202860923281608704)

344Johnson
05-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Sounds like you should start calculating for 2015 and 2017 per Tom Miller of the GF Herald (http://twitter.com/#!/tommillergf/status/202860923281608704)

The nice thing about it being in 2015 is that if NDSU pounds on UND by 20-30 points, UND fans can't say that they still are transitioning or have D-II players ;)

westnodak93bison
05-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I will never forget listening to the Central Mich. game on the radio that day and later talking to a Whioux fan that night. It just killed him to hear we spanked another FBS opponent after he claimed we would get killed.

tony
05-17-2012, 12:00 AM
I wonder if UND fans would have so much to say if I started a "Biggest Wins Of The Last 5 Years" thread? :)

OTOH, Summer 'tis the season for wild ideas and silly banter.

BlueBisonRock
05-17-2012, 02:31 AM

Calculations are complete. It don't look good for the downstream team. Detailed prognostications will be shared the week prior to the game(s).

OrygunBison
05-17-2012, 04:38 PM
WTF happened to this thread???

My vote is a tie between the Pitt State game on Thanksgiving weekend and Wyoming. PSU because of the "what if" factor and Wyoming because of the high level of frustration as well as seeing TR go down.

I don't know what it is about that Wyoming game but it still chaps my ass when I think about it.

KC Bison
05-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Worst of the modern era was when Northern Michigan beat NDSU 38-0. NDSU won the next five in that series, cumulating in a 45-point win.

From what I remember, Northern Michigan took a time out at the end of that game to kick a field goal. People were so angry about it that the Bison proceeded to go on to win the 5 straight. The Bison took real pride in stomping that crap out of N.M. after that time.

BlueBisonRock
05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
From what I remember, Northern Michigan took a time out at the end of that game to kick a field goal. People were so angry about it that the Bison proceeded to go on to win the 5 straight. The Bison took real pride in stomping that crap out of N.M. after that time.

Good memory. Keep in mind that Jim Wacker faced NM the next year with his Texas team and emphasized his thoughts by running up that score.

thebigund
05-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Good memory. Keep in mind that Jim Wacker faced NM the next year with his Texas team and emphasized his thoughts by running up that score.
This thread doesn't make any sense. When have NDSU ever lost a football game?

BISONBRI53
05-17-2012, 06:41 PM
WTF happened to this thread???

My vote is a tie between the Pitt State game on Thanksgiving weekend and Wyoming. PSU because of the "what if" factor and Wyoming because of the high level of frustration as well as seeing TR go down.

I don't know what it is about that Wyoming game but it still chaps my ass when I think about it.

What was the "what if" factor? If we would have won?

BlueBisonRock
05-17-2012, 06:41 PM

During the dark ages before you were a gleem in your daddy's eye.

56BISON73
05-17-2012, 10:24 PM

AS Lombardi once said---we didnt lose. We just ran out of time.

jimmyptubas
05-23-2012, 04:17 AM

I just want to say that that EWU game will always haunt me. Not only did it occur on my wife's b-day, but also on the day of the first bison -und basketball game in many years. We were at Sarello's and i was getting by the play text messages from my dad, basically ignoring my poor wife, while the eagles were making that last drive down the field. I remember seeing in my text that i was 4th and long and thinking..."this is a done deal"....well, we all know how it turned out. The bison won the basketball game but it was like taking Advil for a broken leg....it still was a shitty day.

i thought of that too. but i think ndsu wins it 2 years ago had they not choked/gotten screwed.....then a 2 peat for sure with last years championship, and then a good chance at a 3 this year.

I bet one of my customers at the blackjack table ( a big UND guy ) that we would win it all again this year. 20 dollar bet, i get 5 to 1 on it. I feel safe with that bet.

OrygunBison
05-23-2012, 04:43 PM
What was the "what if" factor? If we would have won?

That team could have won it all.

I also have to put the EWU game as a really bad loss. That shithole of Cheney, with their lack of interest in their own team, should never beat a school with such tradition. I was at the game and was pretty shocked at the whole ordeal. It was our game to lose. Fucking flukey eagles. I hated everything about that place and that team. My entire Cheney experience was one I never want to repeat. What a terrible place to go to college and what a truly sad environment for a college athlete.

EagleBison
05-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Worst losses

1981 National Championship game vs Texas St, great season ends at the hands of Jim Wacker and his Texas Speed.
1984 National Championship game vs Troy St, still kind of a blur how they got that 50 yard fg off as time ran out. Could have been 4 strait if they missed.

Snowgoose
05-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Worst two defeats to me we're 84 national championship loss and EWU. However I will add that besides an actually loss the worst feeling I have had in a win was when Arden Beachy blew out his knee in the first ever game at the dome against Pitt State? That ruined that whole season where the anticipation was huge?

westnodak93bison
05-26-2012, 02:16 PM
That team could have won it all.

I also have to put the EWU game as a really bad loss. That shithole of Cheney, with their lack of interest in their own team, should never beat a school with such tradition. I was at the game and was pretty shocked at the whole ordeal. It was our game to lose. Fucking flukey eagles. I hated everything about that place and that team. My entire Cheney experience was one I never want to repeat. What a terrible place to go to college and what a truly sad environment for a college athlete.

Yeah, I agree. The people of Spokane could care less about EWU. The red turf was nauseating. Then there was the most annoying PA guy I've ever heard. Remember "touuuuuuuuchdoooooown eeeeeeeeesteeeeeeeeeeeern waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaSSSSSSSSShinton? How about their supposed most popular sports bar in town? Eagles Nest I think. Bison fans took it over completely. I saw one EWU guy in there, he left and their service sucked.

EagleBison
05-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Worst two defeats to me we're 84 national championship loss and EWU. However I will add that besides an actually loss the worst feeling I have had in a win was when Arden Beachy blew out his knee in the first ever game at the dome against Pitt State? That ruined that whole season where the anticipation was huge?

That was a terrible feeling when Beachy went down.

NorthernBison
05-26-2012, 04:00 PM
That was a terrible feeling when Beachy went down.

I never took my eyes off Beachy on that play. I believe it went for a TD. The fans were going crazy and I was telling the people next to me that our QB was done. There was not much doubt the injury was serious. We had a LOT of injuries to knees, hips, and shoulders for several years there

HerdBot
05-28-2012, 03:11 AM

Boises only D1aa National Championship was 1980... 32 years ago. They never won a D2 National Championship. They made the playoffs 4 times from 81 to 1995. They won a juco championship in the 1950s. Not much to brag about. They lost the fcs national championship game in 1994 ... 4 years later they go to 11 straight Bowl Games... seems kind of silly to talk about a 1980 Championship when you make 11 in a row.

Further proof we need to move up. What could any of our programs do with an extra 25 scholarships. I think many of thr Big Sky or Valley Teams would potentially do as well as Boise. Find a conference. Raise the money. Get on espn and before you know it...

tjbison
05-28-2012, 03:19 AM
Boises only D1aa National Championship was 1980... 32 years ago. They never won a D2 National Championship. They made the playoffs 4 times from 81 to 1995. They won a juco championship in the 1950s. Not much to brag about. They lost the fcs national championship game in 1994 ... 4 years later they go to 11 straight Bowl Games... seems kind of silly to talk about a 1980 Championship when you make 11 in a row.

Further proof we need to move up. What could any of our programs do with an extra 25 scholarships. I think many of thr Big Sky or Valley Teams would potentially do as well as Boise. Find a conference. Raise the money. Get on espn and before you know it...

before you know it we are still in a meanignless bowl game. NDSU goes FBS and we will NEVER play for anything again truth..I have a better chance of living forever than NDSU does of getting into a BCS or BIG 6 conference and making a NC game let alone winning. I would much rather have the fun I had last year in the playoffs and Frisco than playing in a a single bowl game. those 3 home Playoff games and the "home" NC game were awesome bar none. Screw what the rest of the country thinks because no matter what if we went FBS or stayed where we are the BCS schools and fans will always think they are better than us 3 letters wont matter.....look at Idaho they are a perfect example

AjaxTheMighty
05-28-2012, 02:34 PM

I will never understand people. What the hell is so bleeping great about playing in dumbass, meaningless, worthless bowl games????? WTF? I mean seriously. Lakes? Is that you? Would you really trade a toilet bowl game on ESPN for a NC on ESPN? What? For what? What would be better about that? Someone tell me? I need more information so I can try to understand? I mean we have won 9 NC's. We can add more. If we move up, it's over.

HerdBot
05-28-2012, 04:29 PM
I will never understand people. What the hell is so bleeping great about playing in dumbass, meaningless, worthless bowl games????? WTF? I mean seriously. Lakes? Is that you? Would you really trade a toilet bowl game on ESPN for a NC on ESPN? What? For what? What would be better about that? Someone tell me? I need more information so I can try to understand? I mean we have won 9 NC's. We can add more. If we move up, it's over.

Average MAC teams are on ESPN 3-4 times per year for the regular season. We were on espn twice and had to go the distance just to get them. You telling me fans wouldn't be excited? Boise played in some meaningful Bowl games as a member of the Mountain West, WAC, and Big West. They played teams like Arizona State, TCU, Louisville, Iowa State, Boston College, and Oklahoma. That in addition to regular ESPN games would be meaningful whether you think so or not. And it would give us a hundred times the exposure. Give us 25 more scholarships and we are suddenly a much better team. Plus we would actually play teams in BCS conferences during the regular season. Within 5 years we will earn respect. Just like Boise did out of the Big Sky. Are we going to the Rose Bowl? No but we could actually be ranked in tbe mid range Bowl Games which is an accomplishment in itself

NorthernBison
05-28-2012, 05:07 PM
MAC teams play on ESPN because they play on TUESDAY NIGHTS. We would fill half the Fargodome with a schedule like that.

BTW, we will never be the next Boise State because we aren't in the West where the pond is small. We are tight next to Big 10 country

tjbison
05-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Average MAC teams are on ESPN 3-4 times per year for the regular season. We were on espn twice and had to go the distance just to get them. You telling me fans wouldn't be excited? Boise played in some meaningful Bowl games as a member of the Mountain West, WAC, and Big West. They played teams like Arizona State, TCU, Louisville, Iowa State, Boston College, and Oklahoma. That in addition to regular ESPN games would be meaningful whether you think so or not. And it would give us a hundred times the exposure. Give us 25 more scholarships and we are suddenly a much better team. Plus we would actually play teams in BCS conferences during the regular season. Within 5 years we will earn respect. Just like Boise did out of the Big Sky. Are we going to the Rose Bowl? No but we could actually be ranked in tbe mid range Bowl Games which is an accomplishment in itself

How many of those games did you watch? And if so how many times did you think geez what a crappy crowd for an ESPN game? Be honest now, do you really think a SEC football fan looks at Western Michigan like they are a threat just because they play Tuesday nights on ESPN? I dont

AjaxTheMighty
05-28-2012, 05:47 PM
This is all about playing on a television station. So playing 4 times on Tuesday night on ESPN per year is > than a National Championship. I honestly didn't know that. Next I need to know why? Is it exposure? Please tell me there is something other than that to play for in the FBS.

tjbison
05-28-2012, 05:50 PM
This is all about playing on a television station. So playing 4 times on Tuesday night on ESPN per year is > than a National Championship. I honestly didn't know that. Next I need to know why? Is it exposure? Please tell me there is something other than that to play for in the FBS.

Ask Western Kentucky how it's going, I'm glad they left as it opened a spot in the valley but they suck terrible and yes they have got some more recognition since they are always listed in the bottom 10 teams in FBS.

AjaxTheMighty
05-28-2012, 11:44 PM
It's just that for years now, the main reason Lakes and others want to make the move is for exposure. What does that exposure get you really? More exposure. More mentions on a televison station out of Connecticut. It seems like that is the endgame for the FBSers. Just play for exposure. They want those Tuesday nighters on ESPN more than anything in all of college football. I just don't see any value in a bowl game unless it is for the national crown. And even that is a sham because it's chosen by a computer rather than having it out on the gridiron. Yay for Alabama and their titles in the last few years. But as far as I'm concerned the only UNDISPUTED champ this year in all of college football is NDSU.

Hail the Bison!

tjbison
05-29-2012, 12:37 AM
It's just that for years now, the main reason Lakes and others want to make the move is for exposure. What does that exposure get you really? More exposure. More mentions on a televison station out of Connecticut. It seems like that is the endgame for the FBSers. Just play for exposure. They want those Tuesday nighters on ESPN more than anything in all of college football. I just don't see any value in a bowl game unless it is for the national crown. And even that is a sham because it's chosen by a computer rather than having it out on the gridiron. Yay for Alabama and their titles in the last few years. But as far as I'm concerned the only UNDISPUTED champ this year in all of college football is NDSU.

Hail the Bison!

Well all other divisions play a playoff, we are the only DI champ

AjaxTheMighty
05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
I better weigh in on worst defeat IMO since this thread is drifting the way of the dung heap. Apologies. That FBS talk gets me though. Okay, the loss that comes to mind first, without a doubt in my mind, the loss to EWU. I just remember taking the lead, thinking about Nova in the dome at Thanksgiving, then some terrible officiating, Brock Jensen laying on the ground for the first down that wasn't, the bloody ugly field, my heart break afterwards. I immediately deleted it off my DVR and wish I had it back just to watch again because it was epic in the end.

NorthernBison
05-29-2012, 12:55 AM
I better weigh in on worst defeat IMO since this thread is drifting the way of the dung heap. Apologies. That FBS talk gets me though. Okay, the loss that comes to mind first, without a doubt in my mind, the loss to EWU. I just remember taking the lead, thinking about Nova in the dome at Thanksgiving, then some terrible officiating, Brock Jensen laying on the ground for the first down that wasn't, the bloody ugly field, my heart break afterwards. I immediately deleted it off my DVR and wish I had it back just to watch again because it was epic in the end.

Wasn't Robert Morris on Thanksgiving weekend?

tjbison
05-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Wasn't Robert Morris on Thanksgiving weekend?

Yep, the ollowing weekend I drove to Bozeman in a Blizzard was the first weekend in Dec., Villanova would have been the week before Christmas

AjaxTheMighty
05-29-2012, 01:49 AM
You are right. It wasn't Thanksgiving. We were supposed to drive to Bismarck to celebrate Thanksgiving with my wife's family that 1st weekend of December. That is the Thanksgiving conflict I remember. When it seemed like the Bison were going to win, I remember telling my wife we were not going to Bismarck...we ended up not going anyway because there was a blizzard.

HerdBot
05-29-2012, 03:14 AM
How many of those games did you watch? And if so how many times did you think geez what a crappy crowd for an ESPN game? Be honest now, do you really think a SEC football fan looks at Western Michigan like they are a threat just because they play Tuesday nights on ESPN? I dont

How many games I watch is irrelevant. What an SEC fan thinks is irrelevant. Our opponent's stadium being empty is irrelevant even though almost every team in the MAC outdrew us. The Fargodome would be on ESPN at least once a year probably more.

And how many people watched the Georgia Southern game on ESPNU? If were LUCKY well get 1 game on ESPN next year. They dont give 2 shits about tbe FCS.

HerdBot
05-29-2012, 03:25 AM

If you expect us to make a playoff run like we had last year your going to be disappointed. Its not even a guarantee well be in the playoffs. Ask a Boise fan if those games mean nothing. Look at the teams Boise State played over the last 11 years. And they played in the Mountain West and WAC! You really wouldnt be excited to play Iowa State, TCU, Minnesota, or Louisville in a Bowl Game?, even if its a middle of the road Bowl?That would be in addition to regular season Fargodome games on ESPN against teams like Wyoming or Northern Illinois? In addition to exposure, its good quality football. The more exposure you get the more quality recruits you get. Just ask Boise. TV made them famous with the blue field by itself. Take a completely unique building like the Fargodome... Im talking nothing even remotely resembles it and get it on TV regularity and well certainly get noticed. Its just too funky of a building to not leave an impression ... good or bad.

CaBisonFan
05-29-2012, 03:30 AM
If you expect us to make a playoff run like we had last year your going to be disappointed. Its not even a guarantee well be in the playoffs. Ask a Boise fan if those games mean nothing. Look at the teams Boise State played over the last 11 years. And they played in the Mountain West and WAC! You really wouldnt be excited to play Iowa State, Minnesota, or Louisville in a Bowl Game? That would be in addition to regular season Fargodome games on ESPN against teams like Wyoming or Northern Illinois? In addition to exposure, its good quality football. The more exposure you get the more quality recruits you get. Just ask Boise. TV made them famous with the blue field by itself. Take a completely unique building like the Fargodome... Im talking nothing even remotely resembles it and get it on TV regularity and well certainly get noticed. Its just too funky of a building to not leave an impression ... good or bad.

Agreed...the program either moves forward or goes stagnant.

We are an FBS-caliber program (at a DI university in a DI community). The proximity to the big city is perfect. The size of the community is a consideration...but it's also about the makeup of the community. Exposure is the game. The only place to get that is in the FBS. Another championship in the next two years would be great...but the exposure has limits.

Fargo-Moorhead and the surrounding areas are perfect.

silkamilkamonico
05-29-2012, 04:53 AM
The times are moving towards fbs. It sucks, but its the reality of the situation.

I cannot stand what fbs stands for. To think in sports exposure triumps championships, but thats the game and Bison need to play it.

The sooner they can go FBS the better. The basketball program will benefit significantly from it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

tjbison
05-29-2012, 11:34 AM
How many games I watch is irrelevant. What an SEC fan thinks is irrelevant. Our opponent's stadium being empty is irrelevant even though almost every team in the MAC outdrew us. The Fargodome would be on ESPN at least once a year probably more.

And how many people watched the Georgia Southern game on ESPNU? If were LUCKY well get 1 game on ESPN next year. They dont give 2 shits about tbe FCS.

Then who exactly are we trying to gain recognition from?? Because most college football fans gave 2 shits bout the motor city bowl either

SlickVic
05-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I watch every game on espn, most every bar in the country does. They dont search out espn4

semobison
05-29-2012, 12:11 PM
If you expect us to make a playoff run like we had last year your going to be disappointed. Its not even a guarantee well be in the playoffs. Ask a Boise fan if those games mean nothing. Look at the teams Boise State played over the last 11 years. And they played in the Mountain West and WAC! You really wouldnt be excited to play Iowa State, TCU, Minnesota, or Louisville in a Bowl Game?, even if its a middle of the road Bowl?That would be in addition to regular season Fargodome games on ESPN against teams like Wyoming or Northern Illinois? In addition to exposure, its good quality football. The more exposure you get the more quality recruits you get. Just ask Boise. TV made them famous with the blue field by itself. Take a completely unique building like the Fargodome... Im talking nothing even remotely resembles it and get it on TV regularity and well certainly get noticed. Its just too funky of a building to not leave an impression ... good or bad.

There is no guarantee we are going to have the success Boise is having. Ask fans from Marshall, Troy or WKU. FBS will probably be inevitable but I am not very excited about it. TV is oversaturated with meaningless bowl games that I dont care about, and I watch a lot of college football!

4mcruenomore
05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
I doubt we will go FBS anytime soon, the state legislature will probably block it somehow anyways.

BISONBRI53
05-29-2012, 03:08 PM
My name is Gabe. I like Bison football, ESPN, Exposure, and Bats that shit crazy! Thank you for your support!:biggrin:

westnodak93bison
05-29-2012, 03:25 PM
I doubt we will go FBS anytime soon, the state legislature will probably block it somehow anyways.

What if the FBS goes to a playoff system like the 24 team FCS? It will happen sooner rather than later imho.

silkamilkamonico
05-29-2012, 08:57 PM
What if the FBS goes to a playoff system like the 24 team FCS? It will happen sooner rather than later imho.

It's going to happen once the 4 superconferences establish themselves, which is already happening.

Once they form, they will be their own division, and everyone else will be linked in their own division under those 4 superconferences with playoffs. That will be idea for us to make the move up to FBS, only at that time it will be labeled something different.

Just my opinion..

HerdBot
05-29-2012, 09:18 PM
There is no guarantee we are going to have the success Boise is having. Ask fans from Marshall, Troy or WKU. FBS will probably be inevitable but I am not very excited about it. TV is oversaturated with meaningless bowl games that I dont care about, and I watch a lot of college football!

There was no guarantee we were going to have the success we're having at FCS either. We're not going to go the path of Western Kentucky. Those guys are so bad they got man handled by Indiana State. We're NDSU and there is no chance that happens. Football is just too important. Our current teams could do some damage in these conferences with 25 less scholarships. Add 25 full rides and we're suddenly much better and deeper.

Ask Boise if their Bowl Games are "meaningless." .And Marshall has won 5 MAC Championships in the first 8 years. They also have played in 10 Bowl Games over the last 14 years and were ranked in the top 25 three times. Conference USA has been tougher but they will get it figured out. The teams they played in Bowl games are not cupcakes by any stretch. Bison fans would be pumped up playing many of these teams.

Troy has won five straight Sun Belt Conference championships since 2006 and are 32-5 record against Sun Belt competition during the last five seasons. They have also played in 5 Bowl Games.

I think it's a tougher job going from division 2 to FCS than going from fcs to fbs. Bigger jump

SCHOLARSHIPS
D2 - 32 max ( Can be split)
FCS - 62 ( Can be split)
FBS - 85

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. Honestly 3 months ago I was opposed to it but after really giving it some thought I've changed my views.

reformedUNDfan
05-30-2012, 03:54 AM
nevada was also pretty successful jumping from the fcs, after being a pretty strong bigsky program. won the big west 5 of their first 6 seasons, before ault retired a second time

TheBisonator
05-30-2012, 05:06 AM
For those of you who think NDSU FBS talk is stupid, realize that we're almost capable of competing well in a non-BCS conference NOW.

And quite honestly, there are probably only a few bowls that are less interesting to me than the FCS championship game. (The absolute lowest joke bowls) GoDaddy.com bowl is one of them. So is the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. But I would rather see us play in the New Mexico Bowl or Armed Forces Bowl than in Frisco.

tjbison
05-30-2012, 11:35 AM
For those of you who think NDSU FBS talk is stupid, realize that we're almost capable of competing well in a non-BCS conference NOW.

And quite honestly, there are probably only a few bowls that are less interesting to me than the FCS championship game. (The absolute lowest joke bowls) GoDaddy.com bowl is one of them. So is the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. But I would rather see us play in the New Mexico Bowl or Armed Forces Bowl than in Frisco.

Playing one game a year against the trash of the conferences does not make us competitive week in and week out. I'm not against a jump up, I just don't like the current format. I can't believe you would rather see Fake meaningless participation trophy and the players getting iPods from a corporate sponsor than them earning rings and a national champion trophy all for the sake of saying we are FBS. To each their own but it seems this 1 championship has gone to our heads and would bet money if we jumped and took the route most transition schools take and become bottom feeders you all would be screaming, comparing us to Boise St is ludacris IMO

tjbison
05-30-2012, 11:38 AM
There was no guarantee we were going to have the success we're having at FCS either. We're not going to go the path of Western Kentucky. Those guys are so bad they got man handled by Indiana State. We're NDSU and there is no chance that happens. Football is just too important. Our current teams could do some damage in these conferences with 25 less scholarships. Add 25 full rides and we're suddenly much better and deeper.

Ask Boise if their Bowl Games are "meaningless." .And Marshall has won 5 MAC Championships in the first 8 years. They also have played in 10 Bowl Games over the last 14 years and were ranked in the top 25 three times. Conference USA has been tougher but they will get it figured out. The teams they played in Bowl games are not cupcakes by any stretch. Bison fans would be pumped up playing many of these teams.

Troy has won five straight Sun Belt Conference championships since 2006 and are 32-5 record against Sun Belt competition during the last five seasons. They have also played in 5 Bowl Games.

I think it's a tougher job going from division 2 to FCS than going from fcs to fbs. Bigger jump

SCHOLARSHIPS
D2 - 32 max ( Can be split)
FCS - 62 ( Can be split)
FBS - 85

We're just going to have to agree to disagree. Honestly 3 months ago I was opposed to it but after really giving it some thought I've changed my views.

Ask Idaho how they have been!! Again you bring up Boise St, we are not comparable in market, location, funding. Idaho will be dropping back to FCS and they once were a Big Sky powerhouse

NorthernBison
05-30-2012, 12:22 PM
The good news is that any decison will NOT be NDSU's to make alone. I cannot imagine a current FBS Conference that would have NDSU on their short list. Yeah, we have support and tradition blah, blah,blah.

Any move will almost have to be as a conference member of an entire conference moving up. I see only two of those out there (MVFC and BSC) who would potentially make the move AND where NDSU could factor in. I only bring the BSC up in the event the MVFC decided NOT to move and the BSC WAS and desired additional members.

HerdBot
05-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Ask Idaho how they have been!! Again you bring up Boise St, we are not comparable in market, location, funding. Idaho will be dropping back to FCS and they once were a Big Sky powerhouse

Im not saying were going to be Boise State but I think were closer to Boise State than Idaho. Its about tradition and commitment to excellence. Boise won National championship at the Junior College and D1-AA before moving up. Idaho had some regular season success but they really didn't do anything. They have no National Championships (wins or losses) and the deepest theyvw ever gone was the quarter finals. Weve been the best in the nation no matter what we do in football, whether its the 60s, 80s, 90s, or 2010's. If we need an extra 4 million to compete well raise 5. We do whatever it takes.

Population? All that means is you have a larger population to market to and a fan base is the least of our problems. Besides, FM metro is getting closer to a quarter million. That is not small. Its bigger than many FBS teams. And besides we get most of our players from Minneapolis, the 16th largest metro in the Nation.

Imagine this. Take our national Championship team and remove the bottom 25 on the depth chart and replace them with full ride scholarship players. These are players we wanted but they ended up going to our conference foes. That is the end result. Can we compete? Instead of traveling to Southern Illinois or Illinois State we go to Wyoming or Central Michigan. We can and will be successful

Thats not even counting the ESPN regular season games at the dome that will make us much more known. It doesn't take into account the perception change of being FBS or the fact all the people who are fans of MAC or Mountain West teams actually will know who we are. Were talking big chunks of California, Nevada, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Indiana, and New York. More exposure through conference affiliation

Tatanka
05-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Im not saying were going to be Boise State but I think were closer to Boise State than Idaho. Its about tradition and commitment to excellence. Boise won National championship at the Junior College and D1-AA before moving up. Idaho had some regular season success but they really didn't do anything. They have no National Championships (wins or losses) and the deepest theyvw ever gone was the quarter finals. Weve been the best in the nation no matter what we do in football, whether its the 60s, 80s, 90s, or 2010's. If we need an extra 4 million to compete well raise 5. We do whatever it takes.

Population? All that means is you have a larger population to market to and a fan base is the least of our problems. Besides, FM metro is getting closer to a quarter million. That is not small. Its bigger than many FBS teams. And besides we get most of our players from Minneapolis, the 16th largest metro in the Nation.

Imagine this. Take our national Championship team and remove the bottom 25 on the depth chart and replace them with full ride scholarship players. These are players we wanted but they ended up going to our conference foes. That is the end result. Can we compete? Instead of traveling to Southern Illinois or Illinois State we go to Wyoming or Central Michigan. We can and will be successful

Thats not even counting the ESPN regular season games at the dome that will make us much more known. It doesn't take into account the perception change of being FBS or the fact all the people who are fans of MAC or Mountain West teams actually will know who we are. Were talking big chunks of California, Nevada, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Idaho, Indiana, and New York. More exposure through conference affiliation

http://freerangelibrarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/pollyanna.jpg

MarkyMark
05-30-2012, 03:22 PM
The Bison have a window right now to dominate FCS for the next decade, just like we did in DII football in the 80's. I want to see the Bison add some more National Championships before we move up.

There is no doubt in my mind that NDSU can have a respectable MAC/WAC FBS team but the question for me is, Why is this so appealing to you guys that want to move up?

We just had a season that gave us 9 home games and a total of 15 games for the season. FBS to me means no more playoffs in the dome, some seasons with 5 home games instead of 6 and less players from our region.

thebigund
05-30-2012, 09:52 PM

Thats not even counting the ESPN regular season games at the dome that will make us much more known. It doesn't take into account the perception change of being FBS or the fact all the people who are fans of MAC or Mountain West teams actually will know who we are. Were talking big chunks of California, Nevada, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Indiana, and New York. More exposure through conference affiliation
Why would NDSU settle for a garbage conference? You think a move up into a Great West caliber FBS conference would be an improvement from the MVFC? NDSU was in thee D2 conference and is in one of thee conferences in FCS why would they all of a sudden settle for a crap one?

Also the FargoLoaf wouldn't be enough to do the FBS thing right. I'm pretty sure with how the Loaf is constructed it would be impossible to expand so NDSU would need to build a new, bigger stadium 35k+ at least if they were to do FBS properly. I'm sure with all the crazy bison fans in the FM area and a little nut flexing from King Al NDSU could raise enough funds and get some state money for a new place to play. But it would all be for nothing if NDSU couldn't get into a good conference like the Big 12, which would be the most realistic option of the big boy conferences since everyone is leaving them for the SEC and B1G.

Probably should just stay put and let the FBS destroy itself and enjoy some success.

TheBisonator
05-30-2012, 11:33 PM

You hit the nail on the head. About comparing NDSU to Idaho: NDSU is a LOT better than Idaho. I've been reading Idaho's fan forum a lot lately. That athletic program is neck deep in feces right now. (Despite the naive arrogance of their fan base, they're no better than a mid-level Big Sky program) Idaho is one of the most underachieving athletic programs in the nation. They're located in a town the size of Brookings, have a stadium that seats 4K less than the Fargodome, have about a quarter of our season ticket base (2,900 compared to roughly 12,000), 6K less fans per game on average. If you think NDSU would only do as well as Idaho in FBS, I honestly question your Bison fandom. NDSU would probably not do as well as Boise State, but Marshall might be a good comparison. And Marshall is NOT an FBS failure story. They won 5 MAC championships, and they still routinely make it to bowl games in the CUSA.

HerdBot
05-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Why would NDSU settle for a garbage conference? You think a move up into a Great West caliber FBS conference would be an improvement from the MVFC? NDSU was in thee D2 conference and is in one of thee conferences in FCS why would they all of a sudden settle for a crap one?

Also the FargoLoaf wouldn't be enough to do the FBS thing right. I'm pretty sure with how the Loaf is constructed it would be impossible to expand so NDSU would need to build a new, bigger stadium 35k+ at least if they were to do FBS properly. I'm sure with all the crazy bison fans in the FM area and a little nut flexing from King Al NDSU could raise enough funds and get some state money for a new place to play. But it would all be for nothing if NDSU couldn't get into a good conference like the Big 12, which would be the most realistic option of the big boy conferences since everyone is leaving them for the SEC and B1G.

Probably should just stay put and let the FBS destroy itself and enjoy some success.

Google Kibbie Dome expansion and you will see how it could be done. Could probably add 10k if we spend a few bucks and use some ingenuity. That would put the capacity near the upper quarter of the MAC and the 2nd smallest in the Mountain West.

The MAC or The Mountain West is not a bad conference to start out in. Air Force, Fresno, Colorado State, UNLV, Wyoming, Hawaii, and San Jose State is a decent core. Dakota schools would never get into the Big Ten or Big 12. As confident as I am, we cant compete witb Texas and Oklahoma and we would need to kick ass in the smaller conferences and figure out how to get a 35-50k seat stadium. Not gonna happen anytime soon.

NorthernBison
05-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Never is a long time but that's when a 50k stadium gets built. State money is not going to happen. Fargo won't pay for it. The SHAC fundraising is telling regarding donor financing.

TheBisonator
05-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Never is a long time but that's when a 50k stadium gets built. State money is not going to happen. Fargo won't pay for it. The SHAC fundraising is telling regarding donor financing.

The SHAC isn't a good example. We were fundraising for that in the midst of a severe recession, and we're STILL going to have all the money raised and start construction by this fall.

But I understand that doesn't mean raising potentially $150 million for a stadium would be cake. It may be a 10 year fundraising campaign.

NorthernBison
05-31-2012, 12:12 AM
The SHAC isn't a good example. We were fundraising for that in the midst of a severe recession, and we're STILL going to have all the money raised and start construction by this fall.

But I understand that doesn't mean raising potentially $150 million for a stadium would be cake. It may be a 10 year fundraising campaign.

You don't seem to understand fundraising. If it takes you 10 years to raise the money, the cost will probably have doubled. The SHAC is a good example. WE had a very difficult time raising the funds for a project that everybody knew was necessary. This occurred AFTER an NCAA appearance when momentum was high. It also was during a time when Agriculture was posting the highest profits in history and the Fargo economy was doing well.

I said it before, the only way we move up is WITH an entire conference. Dream all you want about some FBS conference inviting us but I don't see that happening. The MAC is a crappy conference. So is the WAC. We won't need a facility bigger than the Fargodome if we play on Tuesday nights. There won't be any trouble getting tickets in a scenario like that.

BisonNation11
05-31-2012, 12:16 AM
If we move up, I'm looking forward to road games in Hawaii! Aloha Bisonville!

reformedUNDfan
05-31-2012, 05:16 AM
i don't think you need to go straight to 50,000, but you should have a stadium designed to expand. start at a $60 million 30,000 seat stadium, and expand as needed.

Memorial stadium in lincoln started with 32,000 seats, currently seats 83,000

Tatanka
05-31-2012, 12:44 PM
They must have totally googled kibbie dome expansion in Lincoln.

EndZoneQB
05-31-2012, 12:47 PM
i don't think you need to go straight to 50,000, but you should have a stadium designed to expand. start at a $60 million 30,000 seat stadium, and expand as needed.

Memorial stadium in lincoln started with 32,000 seats, currently seats 83,000

Yeah...like 100 years ago dude...

SDbison
05-31-2012, 03:24 PM
You don't seem to understand fundraising. If it takes you 10 years to raise the money, the cost will probably have doubled. The SHAC is a good example. WE had a very difficult time raising the funds for a project that everybody knew was necessary. This occurred AFTER an NCAA appearance when momentum was high. It also was during a time when Agriculture was posting the highest profits in history and the Fargo economy was doing well.

I said it before, the only way we move up is WITH an entire conference. Dream all you want about some FBS conference inviting us but I don't see that happening. The MAC is a crappy conference. So is the WAC. We won't need a facility bigger than the Fargodome if we play on Tuesday nights. There won't be any trouble getting tickets in a scenario like that.
SDSU and USD won't have the support to go FBS let alone most of the teams in the MVFC. NDSU is the best candidate of all the MVFC teams to go FBS and will need to go with other premier teams from FCS like Montana. No way the MVFC moves up to FBS. Too much $$$ for the limited support all the other teams get in the conference. NDSU already is supported much like a FBS team with teammakers, attendance for road games, etc.

OrygunBison
05-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Google Kibbie Dome expansion and you will see how it could be done. Could probably add 10k if we spend a few bucks and use some ingenuity. That would put the capacity near the upper quarter of the MAC and the 2nd smallest in the Mountain West.

Regardless of what your opinion on a move to FBS, I wish people would stop bringing up ideas about how the Dome could be expanded. It is a non-starter and would probably be much more expensive and less appealing as a built product than if a new building was constructed. That is why Kibbie is an anomaly. It was a piece of shit to start with and thus much easier to modify. The FFD is a much different structure. It is a more substantial building.

Could it be done? Yes. Should it? No.

You distract from your overall message when you (and others) bring this up all the time.

OrygunBison
05-31-2012, 04:15 PM
If we want to move up because of prestige and exposure for the school, we'll fail. If it is primarily to be with peer learning institutions, then I think there's good grounding in a move if we can find the right home. We are never going to be Michigan or Alabama so I think folks need to temper what the move can really mean for the SCHOOL.

I was all for FBS 5 years ago. After last season, I'm not so sure. That was pretty fun.

I guess I'm still on the fence...

NorthernBison
05-31-2012, 04:21 PM
SDSU and USD won't have the support to go FBS let alone most of the teams in the MVFC. NDSU is the best candidate of all the MVFC teams to go FBS and will need to go with other premier teams from FCS like Montana. No way the MVFC moves up to FBS. Too much $$$ for the limited support all the other teams get in the conference. NDSU already is supported much like a FBS team with teammakers, attendance for road games, etc.

I generally agree with what you posted. If the MVFC doesn't move up as a group, it is far more likely that an NDSU move would be with a group from the Big Sky. I do not see us getting courted by a current FBS conference that is worth a hoot.

What I really think is that we will never move up to the FBS as it currently exists. There simply is no upside to that mess.

I think there will eventually be FCS and FBS and MAJOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL. We will never be in that upper group of 48-64 programs. We will fit in with the middle group (Maybe still called FBS but without the power conferences).

SDbison
05-31-2012, 06:35 PM
I generally agree with what you posted. If the MVFC doesn't move up as a group, it is far more likely that an NDSU move would be with a group from the Big Sky. I do not see us getting courted by a current FBS conference that is worth a hoot.

What I really think is that we will never move up to the FBS as it currently exists. There simply is no upside to that mess.

I think there will eventually be FCS and FBS and MAJOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL. We will never be in that upper group of 48-64 programs. We will fit in with the middle group (Maybe still called FBS but without the power conferences).
And I agree with most of what you just posted. I really think its too bad that most every state can't have at least one team at the highest level. Montana and NDSU seem ready to represent their states. Not sure if SDSU could do the same for South Dakota. Its too bad the NCAA has not reigned in the corruption that I believe exists at all of the bigger programs. It just makes it impossible for teams outside of those top 40 or so to ever have a chance. Sad to say I believe there will eventually be a subdivision for the top 60 to 70 teams (they can have the bowl games). Maybe the rest of FBS would want to develop a playoff format and then NDSU could join that group.

HerdBot
06-03-2012, 02:44 AM
If we want to move up because of prestige and exposure for the school, we'll fail. If it is primarily to be with peer learning institutions, then I think there's good grounding in a move if we can find the right home. We are never going to be Michigan or Alabama so I think folks need to temper what the move can really mean for the SCHOOL.

I was all for FBS 5 years ago. After last season, I'm not so sure. That was pretty fun.

I guess I'm still on the fence...

Im actually opposite. 5 years ago I was opposed and now I'm for it. I loved the Championship run. Man that was incredible. I dont think its only for more prestige and exposure but you have to admit having ESPN at the dome really adds to the energy. I think if we had 23 more scholarships, the quality of play would go through the roof and we could actually pull off some of those historic upsets like knocking off a rankes BCS team and play for something big. Maybe not a #1 ranking but I like to dream big. If Boise can do it, why not us?

NorthernBison
06-03-2012, 03:39 AM
Your math is getting a bit closer but you still flunk simple subtraction. Keep trying there little buckeroo.

CaBisonFan
06-03-2012, 03:42 AM
For any team...the worst defeat is the last one.

tjbison
06-03-2012, 05:04 AM
Im actually opposite. 5 years ago I was opposed and now I'm for it. I loved the Championship run. Man that was incredible. I dont think its only for more prestige and exposure but you have to admit having ESPN at the dome really adds to the energy. I think if we had 23 more scholarships, the quality of play would go through the roof and we could actually pull off some of those historic upsets like knocking off a rankes BCS team and play for something big. Maybe not a #1 ranking but I like to dream big. If Boise can do it, why not us?

Man your in love with Boise, again we don't have the support, facilities, pay to be anything like Boise St, and let's see how they fair after all this conference shuffle, that Big East travel is going to be costly and their fan may lose interest when they have away games on the east coast

HerdBot
06-03-2012, 05:11 AM
Man your in love with Boise, again we don't have the support, facilities, pay to be anything like Boise St, and let's see how they fair after all this conference shuffle, that Big East travel is going to be costly and their fan may lose interest when they have away games on the east coast

Whats not to love about Boise. Similar. Big Sky moved FBS vs Missouri Valley moved FBS. Same conference in Mountain West. Remember Boise only plays in a 35k seat stadium. 15 years ago nobody had the vision the dome would be pushing 19k per game. We haven't come close to peaking .

CaBisonFan
06-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Wasn't Boise a junior college, then DIII or NAIA, then DII, then FCS...etc?

We're not like Boise State. Our position in the world is unique. It's also very strong.

We're already the best football program in the tri-state area. Have been for decades.

North Dakota State belongs in the FBS...and in a strong conference.

tjbison
06-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Whats not to love about Boise. Similar. Big Sky moved FBS vs Missouri Valley moved FBS. Same conference in Mountain West. Remember Boise only plays in a 35k seat stadium. 15 years ago nobody had the vision the dome would be pushing 19k per game. We haven't come close to peaking .

For every 1 BSU there are 6 Idahos, LA Techs etc.... They were are a rare deal and we will see if they can make it

HerdBot
06-03-2012, 10:13 PM
For every 1 BSU there are 6 Idahos, LA Techs etc.... They were are a rare deal and we will see if they can make it

Well just have to agree to disagree. You think we lack the talent, funding, facilities, and fan support to move up. I don't. I think we could compete now even without the extra 22 scholarships and expand the dome by 8-10k Kibbie dome style. May take a while to raise the money

stevdock
06-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Where's the money going to come from?? Please don't say taxes or state aid because neither are going to happen.

tjbison
06-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Where's the money going to come from?? Please don't say taxes or state aid because neither are going to happen.

Exactly, people forget about that "minor" detail, Teamakers need to really step it up in donations, Corporate support needs to increase, and there is no way the City of Fargo, or the State of ND will build and or Renovate the FD.

roadwarrior
06-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Teammaker contributions currently don't even cover the cost of scholarships.

tjbison
06-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Teammaker contributions currently don't even cover the cost of scholarships.

come on road facts cant be used, currently we would easily win the WAC, SUN BELT, C-USA, MAC, MTN West, and if we were to get 22 more rides, easily be a top 25 team. with 25K in the dome

its really just that easy

NorthernBison
06-04-2012, 12:44 AM
come on road facts cant be used, currently we would easily win the WAC, SUN BELT, C-USA, MAC, MTN West, and if we were to get 22 more rides, easily be a top 25 team. with 25K in the dome

its really just that easy

Another thing to remember is that 22 extra scholarships probably wouldn't drastically change our roster. We'd probably have virtually the same players but all on full scholarships as partials are not allowed at FBS. That means you REALLY have to be right about who you offer.

Right now, the ones we are sure of we offer full rides or we don't get them. There are others who have to earn the full ride. That does not happen at the FBS level. (before some clown mentions walk ons, that's a completely different issue and applies at all levels)

tjbison
06-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Another thing to remember is that 22 extra scholarships probably wouldn't drastically change our roster. We'd probably have virtually the same players but all on full scholarships as partials are not allowed at FBS. That means you REALLY have to be right about who you offer.

Right now, the ones we are sure of we offer full rides or we don't get them. There are others who have to earn the full ride. That does not happen at the FBS level. (before some clown mentions walk ons, that's a completely different issue and applies at all levels)

Yep, we would still be recruiting a lot of the same caliber players IMO or the local MN and ND kids would not be here thats for sure, maybe if they wanted to walk on

56BISON73
06-04-2012, 01:33 AM

But the athletes do have to perform not only athletically, in the class room and in society as well. If they screw up many universities cut them loose quick.

HerdBot
06-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Exactly, people forget about that "minor" detail, Teamakers need to really step it up in donations, Corporate support needs to increase, and there is no way the City of Fargo, or the State of ND will build and or Renovate the FD.

Like I said we have to agree to disagree . I think we can raise the money and you dont. How did we raise the money when we went from D2 to D1? How did we raise 32 million in the midst of a giant recession? Where there's a will there's a way. If we need 50 million to improve the dome well raise it

TheBisonator
06-04-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm starting to think it wouldn't work to try to expand the Dome, it may cost more than it's worth. It might be better in the long term to try to raise 150 million for a 30,000 seat stadium.

Tatanka
06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/210/116/youdontsay.jpg

stevdock
06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Like I said we have to agree to disagree . I think we can raise the money and you dont. How did we raise the money when we went from D2 to D1? How did we raise 32 million in the midst of a giant recession? Where there's a will there's a way. If we need 50 million to improve the dome well raise it

HOW?? And where is this money coming from?? It took how long to get the BSA fundraiser done?? Oh wait it's not quite there yet. And it only takes what 25 million for the BSA and you want to raise 50 or whatever it takes??

BTW Gabe I seriously hate the whole ESPN rationale too. NDSU doesn't need to be on ESPN for other schools to know who we are especially on a Tuesday night. The rest of the FCS world knows who we are. The Big Ten and Big 12 know who we are. Nebraska and FSU found NDSU's phone number too. Students are not going to come to NDSU just because they saw us on ESPN. If they did then the MAC and WAC would have some really good teams because they sold out to ESPN. No instead NDSU is looking at kids who are being passed over by the Big 10 and in so many words are saying, "Come play for us. You'll have your chance to beat up on the Big 10 and also get a chance at a National Championship out of the deal." You earn your rep by who you beat not if you are FBS or not. How many times did you hear during the softball tourney everyone knows who NDSU is because they beat OU 4 years ago? Football team has the same rep.

You want to raise money?? How about we do what we did last year for many years in a row. I'm guessing Teammakers had more people join this year than the last 10 years put together. Keep the momentum going. Going FBS might help that temporarily but without deep playoff runs and National Championship opportunities that will slowly wane. We are where we are supposed to be for the time being.

thebigund
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
http://youtu.be/EY6fp95uGfM

tjbison
06-04-2012, 10:07 PM
HOW?? And where is this money coming from?? It took how long to get the BSA fundraiser done?? Oh wait it's not quite there yet. And it only takes what 25 million for the BSA and you want to raise 50 or whatever it takes??

BTW Gabe I seriously hate the whole ESPN rationale too. NDSU doesn't need to be on ESPN for other schools to know who we are especially on a Tuesday night. The rest of the FCS world knows who we are. The Big Ten and Big 12 know who we are. Nebraska and FSU found NDSU's phone number too. Students are not going to come to NDSU just because they saw us on ESPN. If they did then the MAC and WAC would have some really good teams because they sold out to ESPN. No instead NDSU is looking at kids who are being passed over by the Big 10 and in so many words are saying, "Come play for us. You'll have your chance to beat up on the Big 10 and also get a chance at a National Championship out of the deal." You earn your rep by who you beat not if you are FBS or not. How many times did you hear during the softball tourney everyone knows who NDSU is because they beat OU 4 years ago? Football team has the same rep.

You want to raise money?? How about we do what we did last year for many years in a row. I'm guessing Teammakers had more people join this year than the last 10 years put together. Keep the momentum going. Going FBS might help that temporarily but without deep playoff runs and National Championship opportunities that will slowly wane. We are where we are supposed to be for the time being.

True all this, we stay in NC contention for 4 more years then jump o FBS and tank it would take the ir out of the fundraising and sink the program IMO

HerdBot
06-04-2012, 10:59 PM
True all this, we stay in NC contention for 4 more years then jump o FBS and tank it would take the ir out of the fundraising and sink the program IMO

True. But we also had the same risk jumping from D2 to FCS. I guess I am VERY confident in our ability to compete. I think besides depth, we are already as good or better than most teams in the MAC. We win more than we lose and even the losses were oh so close. (Wyoming, Minneapolis, and Iowa State if we dont fumble at the 1, still pisses me off. That was the 3-8 team too!)

I think if we can have 2 more great years (try to repeat/3peat) were going to have an opportunity to take the program to the next level and inspire the next generation of fans.

tjbison
06-04-2012, 11:18 PM
True. But we also had the same risk jumping from D2 to FCS. I guess I am VERY confident in our ability to compete. I think besides depth, we are already as good or better than most teams in the MAC. We win more than we lose and even the losses were oh so close. (Wyoming, Minneapolis, and Iowa State if we dont fumble at the 1, still pisses me off. That was the 3-8 team too!)

I think if we can have 2 more great years (try to repeat/3peat) were going to have an opportunity to take the program to the next level and inspire the next generation of fans.

Gabe I don't want to sound like I'm arguing with you,I like this debate and glad we cn keep it civilized, I'm am not against moving up, but it is not as easy as it sounds especially with the anti NDSU feelings, if ND didn't have so many stupid public universities and just UND and NDSU got the full attention things would be different. Raising the funds you stated will take years e n if we were to win multiple NC's and have good rus in other sports. Let's face it the entire state is NOT going to help NDSU jump up, as most people in the state would rather live in a hole than try to get recognition.

NorthernBison
06-05-2012, 12:02 AM
We are competitive against the MAC because it is NOT really a higher level. It is the absolute bottom of FBS and their teams get zero respect from the BCS power conferences and they never will

tjbison
06-05-2012, 12:26 AM
We are competitive against the MAC because it is NOT really a higher level. It is the absolute bottom of FBS and their teams get zero respect from the BCS power conferences and they never will

And we only play them 1 time a year. Seriously I understand we can compete but if we played schools week in and put with 22 more scholarship players we old not be happy with our record. Itsreallynot a lot different than if SHSU played in a FCS "power conference" they would have had a loss or 2

Edit, I'm not even going to correct errors anymore, this damn iPad sucks to type on period......I hate it, so pardon the words

CaBisonFan
06-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Gabe I don't want to sound like I'm arguing with you,I like this debate and glad we cn keep it civilized, I'm am not against moving up, but it is not as easy as it sounds especially with the anti NDSU feelings, if ND didn't have so many stupid public universities and just UND and NDSU got the full attention things would be different. Raising the funds you stated will take years e n if we were to win multiple NC's and have good rus in other sports. Let's face it the entire state is NOT going to help NDSU jump up, as most people in the state would rather live in a hole than try to get recognition.

If UND & NDSU hadn't duplicated the Education Departments at our smaller colleges, then a ton of money would have been saved. They stole the role of the smaller colleges...where the Education programs had proven to be highly successful.

I resemble your name-calling of places like Mayville, Valley City, Dickinson, Minot, etc.

tjbison
06-05-2012, 12:57 AM
If UND & NDSU hadn't duplicated the Education Departments at our smaller colleges, then a ton of money would have been saved. They stole the role of the smaller colleges...where the Education programs had proven to be highly successful.

I resemble your name-calling of places like Mayville, Valley City, Dickinson, Minot, etc.

Ok,sorry I just don't feel this state needs that many public universities it's a waste

dragonsfan
06-05-2012, 01:42 AM
to think how ndsu has beaten fbs teams so handily, why would anyone think there would be failures of a distasterous level?

if the state of north dakota holds back ndsu from achieving what they could achieve, then its time for you to clean house in the next elections and get politicians in there that will promote ndsu nationally & regionally. Yes you should be fbs with wyoming, iowa state, new mexico, kansas et al, arent they a peer institute to ndsu?

tjbison
06-05-2012, 01:46 AM
to think how ndsu has beaten fbs teams so handily, why would anyone think there would be failures of a distasterous level?

if the state of north dakota holds back ndsu from achieving what they could achieve, then its time for you to clean house in the next elections and get politicians in there that will promote ndsu nationally & regionally. Yes you should be fbs with wyoming, iowa state, new mexico, kansas et al, arent they a peer institute to ndsu?

ND is conservative, the higher funding will come from adding teamakers not getting more money from current members mostly

CaBisonFan
06-05-2012, 03:37 AM
Ok,sorry I just don't feel this state needs that many public universities it's a waste

The waste is in the duplication of the departments. SU & UND simply had to have what Mayville, Valley City, Minot, & Dickinson already had. They built facilities that the smaller colleges already had and hired a duplicate staff. Mayville is about 35 miles down the road from UND. How far is Valley City from Fargo? An hour?

A good college education can be had for a lot less money at the smaller colleges.

CaBisonFan
06-05-2012, 03:38 AM

This is correct...a good refreshing attitude from the outside.

EndZoneQB
06-05-2012, 03:48 AM
The waste is in the duplication of the departments. SU & UND simply had to have what Mayville, Valley City, Minot, & Dickinson already had. They built facilities that the smaller colleges already had and hired a duplicate staff. Mayville is about 35 miles down the road from UND. How far is Valley City from Fargo? An hour?

A good college education can be had for a lot less money at the smaller colleges.

A lot less money for the student...or tax payer?

CaBisonFan
06-05-2012, 05:31 AM
A lot less money for the student...or tax payer?

It's a good question. UND was the one that really spent big money on their Education department. It would save a LOT of money to shut it down.

There's a point of efficiency that a large university reaches. Not sure about the cost studies.

The savings for students is significant. The smaller ones are running 'very' efficiently.

Question is...what would it cost for SU & UND to absorb all of the students from Mayville, Valley City, Dickinson, & Minot? How many more dorms and classroom facilities would need to be built? That wasn't taken into account when UND completely duplicated the Ed. departments. It was primarily them who wasted the money. Like everything else...they simply had to have it. They have a great hockey program, but they simply must have a DI football program. We got a dome, and they simply had to have a dome. That's how they work.

Mayville just built a beautiful new classroom facility in the heart of the campus. Don't think it's going anywhere...lol

CaBisonFan
06-05-2012, 05:59 AM
What was the worst loss for SU in baseball this year?

BlueBisonRock
06-05-2012, 06:52 AM
What was the worst loss for SU in baseball this year?

The last one.

TransAmBison
06-05-2012, 12:47 PM

if the state of north dakota holds back ndsu from achieving what they could achieve, then its time for you to clean house in the next elections and get politicians in there that will promote ndsu nationally & regionally. Yes you should be fbs with wyoming, iowa state, new mexico, kansas et al, arent they a peer institute to ndsu?Hey Lakes, can you tailgate with everybody this year?

dragonsfan
06-05-2012, 03:03 PM
trans if lakes could form a sentence half as much as I, then it'd be plausible.
He was tailgating at spring game standing by your buddy burgandy & roadwarrior word has it.

HerdBot
06-05-2012, 04:31 PM

I don't know the answer but how did we fund our move to D1? Did the state kick in or was it private donations? Hopefully the funding model changes will benefit the big schools. And I agree it will take years to raise the money but I wasn't really thinking anything in the short term. Something like 10 years.

Simmers said it best that "success breeds success." Watching the progress has been insane. Think back to 7 years ago. We've essentially remodeled all of our facilities, added a track complex, upgraded Dacotah Field turf, added world class coaching offices, gotten new turf, lighting, tailgating lot, video boards at Newman, and became the largest school in the state. (well for a few years) We now have more season ticket holders than we averaged during Babichs last year. We've won a national championship, stomped fbs teams, made the NCAA Baskeball Tournament, and made the playoffs in every sport (except baseball and womens baskeball) Once the Shac is built it's going to step everything up a notch. Teammakers is going to have an opportunity to raise a ton of cash for basketball season tickets too. I don't have numbers but I would be willing to bet there are not many Teammakers members right now. I guess I just see the growth and potential and I don't think we're anywhere near peaking and the potential is unlimited. In 10 years who knows how much money we can raise?

CaBisonFan
06-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't know the answer but how did we fund our move to D1? Did the state kick in or was it private donations? Hopefully the funding model changes will benefit the big schools. And I agree it will take years to raise the money but I wasn't really thinking anything in the short term. Something like 10 years.

Simmers said it best that "success breeds success." Watching the progress has been insane. Think back to 7 years ago. We've essentially remodeled all of our facilities, added a track complex, upgraded Dacotah Field turf, added world class coaching offices, gotten new turf, lighting, tailgating lot, video boards at Newman, and became the largest school in the state. (well for a few years) We now have more season ticket holders than we averaged during Babichs last year. We've won a national championship, stomped fbs teams, made the NCAA Baskeball Tournament, and made the playoffs in every sport (except baseball and womens baskeball) Once the Shac is built it's going to step everything up a notch. Teammakers is going to have an opportunity to raise a ton of cash for basketball season tickets too. I don't have numbers but I would be willing to bet there are not many Teammakers members right now. I guess I just see the growth and potential and I don't think we're anywhere near peaking and the potential is unlimited. In 10 years who knows how much money we can raise?

...correct...

NorthernBison
06-05-2012, 06:14 PM
The mistake is assuming that something like the MAC, as it currently exists, is an improvement. IMO, it is a move DOWN. We've beat it to death and won't agree. My prediction is NDSU football dies if it ends up in a dead end backwater like the bottom of FBS football. No way would we need a bigger facility. Even for a stupid Tuesday Night game on ESPN.

A three level D1 where we are in the middle is different.

CaBisonFan
06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
The mistake is assuming that something like the MAC, as it currently exists, is an improvement. IMO, it is a move DOWN. We've beat it to death and won't agree. My prediction is NDSU football dies if it ends up in a dead end backwater like the bottom of FBS football. No way would we need a bigger facility. Even for a stupid Tuesday Night game on ESPN.

I'm not in favor of a move to the MAC. Big 12 is my thinking.

HerdBot
06-05-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm not in favor of a move to the MAC. Big 12 is my thinking.

Geographically speaking were Big Ten and Big 12. Facilities wise were not even close. I think with an upgraded dome we would be upper middle MAC and the lower portion of the Mountain West. And being in North Dakota, the cheapest option is to get a kibbie dome style expansion that would put us at 25k plus but realistically if we were to get into the Big 12 we would need a 40k seat dome, with room for expansion. Heck the road teams would send a minimum of 5-10k fans into town. In 10 years if we are still kicking ass, the college is allowed to grow , and our population continues to grow, who knows if we could fill a 40k seat stadium? Of course if you have the likes of Texas and Oklahoma coming here the city would be pumped up so i think we could. How much would a 40k seat dome cost? 150 million? Tcf cost 288 million. Given the nature of the Midwest a dome is a necessity given the weather. A big time dome expansion would be cheaper but would probably take a few years to do.

Im liking the idea of a Big Sky FBS league more and more. Ndsu, sdsu, montana, msu, davis, poly, und, usd, portland, sacramento, n arizona, uni, and a few other teams

SDbison
06-05-2012, 09:30 PM
NDSU will kick ass from now on in FCS, decide to make a move to FBS or its equivalent in 3 to 5 years, and start planning to build a new stadium or expand the Fargodome in 10 years.
NDSU's mission, level of support, athletic success, facilities and location make a move to FBS not a question of if, but when. To not do the things to prepare for the move will only make it more difficult when it happens. NDSU does not belong in FCS, especially the way things are headed now. I really doubt more than 5 of the current FCS teams have the support, facilities and success NDSU enjoys. And things keep getting better and will continue to do so. To accept FCS as the best ever is to stagnate. Keep growing, excelling and dreaming! Build it and they will come! Never mind the DII mentality, the naysayers, etc.

stevdock
06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Im liking the idea of a Big Sky FBS league more and more. Ndsu, sdsu, montana, msu, davis, poly, und, usd, portland, sacramento, n arizona, uni, and a few other teams

How many of those teams would even be interested in that move?? And how does this benefit us in any way?? It's still going to be a conference that nobody cares about. I'm for a FBS move if it makes sense and someone finds the money, but this doesn't work in my opinion.

SDbison
06-05-2012, 10:04 PM
How many of those teams would even be interested in that move?? And how does this benefit us in any way?? It's still going to be a conference that nobody cares about. I'm for a FBS move if it makes sense and someone finds the money, but this doesn't work in my opinion. We are just posters on a messageboard. None of us knows how it will play out.........but it seems a shame if NDSU doesn't get a chance to play football at, or near, the highest level sometime in the next 5 or 10 years. You hear it all the time at FBS road games........NDSU's fans and team look more like FBS. That is where we belong.

HerdBot
06-05-2012, 10:34 PM
How many of those teams would even be interested in that move?? And how does this benefit us in any way?? It's still going to be a conference that nobody cares about. I'm for a FBS move if it makes sense and someone finds the money, but this doesn't work in my opinion.

Fair question. I think it's a group of similar size schools. Similar athletic budgets. Similar facilities. Good rivalries. Good quality of play. But who knows if it would get any national recognition? Seems like every team wants to move up to fbs now.

BisonAccountant44
06-05-2012, 10:37 PM

NDSU will kick ass from now on in FCS, decide to make a move to FBS or its equivalent in 3 to 5 years, and start planning to build a new stadium or expand the Fargodome in 10 years.
NDSU's mission, level of support, athletic success, facilities and location make a move to FBS not a question of if, but when. To not do the things to prepare for the move will only make it more difficult when it happens. NDSU does not belong in FCS, especially the way things are headed now. I really doubt more than 5 of the current FCS teams have the support, facilities and success NDSU enjoys. And things keep getting better and will continue to do so. To accept FCS as the best ever is to stagnate. Keep growing, excelling and dreaming! Build it and they will come! Never mind the DII mentality, the naysayers, etc.

My biggest problem with the FCS vs. FBS questions is that I think both of you are exactly right.

CaBisonFan
06-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Geographically speaking were Big Ten and Big 12. Facilities wise were not even close. I think with an upgraded dome we would be upper middle MAC and the lower portion of the Mountain West. And being in North Dakota, the cheapest option is to get a kibbie dome style expansion that would put us at 25k plus but realistically if we were to get into the Big 12 we would need a 40k seat dome, with room for expansion. Heck the road teams would send a minimum of 5-10k fans into town. In 10 years if we are still kicking ass, the college is allowed to grow , and our population continues to grow, who knows if we could fill a 40k seat stadium? Of course if you have the likes of Texas and Oklahoma coming here the city would be pumped up so i think we could. How much would a 40k seat dome cost? 150 million? Tcf cost 288 million. Given the nature of the Midwest a dome is a necessity given the weather. A big time dome expansion would be cheaper but would probably take a few years to do.

I like your idea of a Big Sky FBS. Name recognition is excellent.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part...but I believe that NDSU could find the money for a 40,000 seat dome if people knew that we'd be bringing Big 12 or Big 10 teams to town. It would impact Fargo in a big way. Hotels, restaurants, etc. The whole picture would change. It's the same camera...with a bigger lens and better resolution. There'd be no problem filling the seats.

People said that the FD would never be built. They said that we'd never make it in the FCS. Said that our basketball team would never make the Big Dance...etc, etc, etc.

A corporation or a benefactor is out there, ready to buy the Bison Brand of football. In terms of the FCS, it really can't get a lot bigger than it is now. The exception would be if we strung 2 or 3 titles together and trounced 2 or 3 FBS schools.

We'd be a perfect fit for the Big 12. Trips to Kansas, Oklahoma, & Texas would be like going to Frisco 2 or 3 times a year. Hosting them would be bigger than anything that's ever come to town...and the state.

HerdBot
06-06-2012, 03:12 AM
I like your idea of a Big Sky FBS. Name recognition is excellent.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part...but I believe that NDSU could find the money for a 40,000 seat dome if people knew that we'd be bringing Big 12 or Big 10 teams to town. It would impact Fargo in a big way. Hotels, restaurants, etc. The whole picture would change. It's the same camera...with a bigger lens and better resolution. There'd be no problem filling the seats.

People said that the FD would never be built. They said that we'd never make it in the FCS. Said that our basketball team would never make the Big Dance...etc, etc, etc.

A corporation or a benefactor is out there, ready to buy the Bison Brand of football. In terms of the FCS, it really can't get a lot bigger than it is now. The exception would be if we strung 2 or 3 titles together and trounced 2 or 3 FBS schools.

We'd be a perfect fit for the Big 12. Trips to Kansas, Oklahoma, & Texas would be like going to Frisco 2 or 3 times a year. Hosting them would be bigger than anything that's ever come to town...and the state.

If people knew it would get us into a BCS conference, they would make donations or support a local tax. But i think we would have to use the MAC or Mountain West as a stepping stone to get there. After we dominate those conferences for a few years and get more visibility and exposure by knocking off a big dog like Nebraska , it would dramatically increase our chances. Its the more realistic path, IMO.

Win a few more Championships. Take basketball to the next level with the SHAC. Get a dome expansion to 25k minimum. Then shoot for a 40k seat stadium. Then go super big time.

roadwarrior
06-06-2012, 03:30 AM
If people knew it would get us into a BCS conference, they would make donations or support a local tax.

Are these letters scrambled or did you really mean that?

NorthernBison
06-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Might be post of the year. Reps to Road.

HerdBot
06-06-2012, 04:15 PM
And how was the Fargodome funded?

TransAmBison
06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
And how was the Fargodome funded?It was funded by a BCS tax?

Tatanka
06-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Please, just tell me you understand that admission to a conference like a Big 12 or a B1G is based on criteria other than athletic success and monetary support. Also, please tell me you understand that expanding a stadium like the Fargodome involves more than just providing more seats to put asses in.

Go.

HerdBot
06-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Please, just tell me you understand that admission to a conference like a Big 12 or a B1G is based on criteria other than athletic success and monetary support. Also, please tell me you understand that expanding a stadium like the Fargodome involves more than just providing more seats to put asses in.

Go.

Expanded or not, we could not get into the Big 10 or 12 with the Fargodome. Mountain West or MAC, yes

TheBisonator
06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Expanded or not, we could not get into the Big 10 or 12 with the Fargodome. Mountain West or MAC, yes

Even with MWC or MAC we'd need to expand the Fargodome.

TransAmBison
06-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I heard the new turf is going to be transparent, and more seating will be added underneath the field.

CaBisonFan
06-06-2012, 04:53 PM
It is deeply understood that we'd need a new stadium...even with a transparent field.

HerdBot
06-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Even with MWC or MAC we'd need to expand the Fargodome.

Absolutely. Spendy but thats the price of progress

thebigund
06-06-2012, 07:34 PM
I wonder how many more seat could be put in the FargoLoaf if the 4 corners were entirely seats and video put in the middle Dallas style? That would be the only realistic way to add more seating the the FargoLoaf.

56BISON73
06-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I wonder how many more seat could be put in the FargoLoaf if the 4 corners were entirely seats and video put in the middle Dallas style? That would be the only realistic way to add more seating the the FargoLoaf.

You really want to keep this shit going dont you.

Bison03
06-06-2012, 07:38 PM

Just out of curiosity; could you tell me one aspect of the Alerus Center that is better than the Fargodome? Other than being able to have a quiet conversation during football games.

TransAmBison
06-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Just out of curiosity; could you tell me one aspect of the Alerus Center that is better than the Fargodome? Other than being able to have a quiet conversation during football games.Be careful getting that hook out of your lip...

thebigund
06-06-2012, 07:40 PM
You really want to keep this shit going dont you.
Sorry for offering an actually realistic option for expanding seating at the Loaf. How's this, Why not glue seats to the ceiling so people can 1. actually see the banners and 2. get a great view of the game upside down.

56BISON73
06-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Sorry for offering an actually realistic option for expanding seating at the Loaf. How's this, Why not glue seats to the ceiling so people can 1. actually see the banners and 2. get a great view of the game upside down.

Its not realistic and that idea has been beaten to death. You also seem to have a hang up about our banners. Considering you only have one hanging for football I can understand your need to see all of ours better.

Anymore repetitive questions?

CaBisonFan
06-06-2012, 09:00 PM

Yir blinding me with science.

IzzyFlexion
06-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I heard the new turf is going to be transparent, and more seating will be added underneath the field.

Whoa!
That could spell disaster for those fans attending a future game when the The Gold Star Band presents: Cool Autumn Breeze : A Tribute to the Traditional Scottish Kilt

TransAmBison
06-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Whoa!
That could spell disaster for those fans attending a future game when the The Gold Star Band presents: Cool Autumn Breeze : A Tribute to the Traditional Scottish Kilt Yeah...but the dance teams version will more than make up for it.

NorthernBison
06-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah...but the dance teams version will more than make up for it.

A thought like that crossed my mind but I refrained from making it public. I find it odd that Izzy choes to go the "band" route. Any "Band Camp" stories from Metigoshe there Izzy?

IzzyFlexion
06-07-2012, 01:25 PM
A thought like that crossed my mind but I refrained from making it public. I find it odd that Izzy choes to go the "band" route. Any "Band Camp" stories from Metigoshe there Izzy?

I wasn't in band. I was far too valuable to the Spartan Nation as an athlete *cough* *cough*
My brother attended the International Band Camp at Metigoshe, however.
I think the closest thing to a "this one time.....at band camp" story for him was getting caught masturbating to an Olivia Newton-John album cover.

BTW, that damn Lake Metigoshe water was so filthy and green!
As in thick pea soup green. Not that kinda runny pea soup where you just about see the bottom of your bowl.........NO!!!! The kind of pea soup where you are apt to chip a tooth......Yeah, that kind of pea soup..........really thick and nasty pea soup......................thick................... .and green..................ugh.

tony
06-07-2012, 03:45 PM

I'm working on a shrink ray. If it works, the FargoDome could hold up to 1,000,000 (1.4" high people, 53 to 54 per seat.)

Pluses: Suddenly the food selections become a great value.
Minuses: The t-shirt toss could result in large-scale carnage.

Crazy, you say? Just as likely to happen as some of the stuff suggested in this thread, I'd argue.

NorthernBison
06-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I wasn't in band. I was far too valuable to the Spartan Nation as an athlete *cough* *cough*
My brother attended the International Band Camp at Metigoshe, however.
I think the closest thing to a "this one time.....at band camp" story for him was getting caught masturbating to an Olivia Newton-John album cover.

BTW, that damn Lake Metigoshe water was so filthy and green!
As in thick pea soup green. Not that kinda runny pea soup where you just about see the bottom of your bowl.........NO!!!! The kind of pea soup where you are apt to chip a tooth......Yeah, that kind of pea soup..........really thick and nasty pea soup......................thick................... .and green..................ugh.

Metigoshe, at one time, was close to dead. Cleaning up the sewage treatment around the lake has resulted in tremendous improvement in water quality. It is now a very nice lake.

TransAmBison
06-07-2012, 03:57 PM
That goes along with a line AG uses on teh ladies (goats): Oh no, it isn't really that small...a friend of mine was testing his shrink ray.

KSBisonFan
06-07-2012, 04:07 PM
That goes along with a line AG uses on teh ladies (goats): Oh no, it isn't really that small...a friend of mine was testing his shrink ray.

Thaaaaaat's baaa aaaa aaaad!*

*twss

Tatanka
06-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I'm working on a shrink ray. If it works, the FargoDome could hold up to 1,000,000 (1.4" high people, 53 to 54 per seat.)

Crazy, you say? Just as likely to happen as some of the stuff suggested in this thread, I'd argue.

I don't think it's crazy at all. I just googled "Kibbie Dome Expansion" and "Shrink Ray", and got over 500 hits in 0.37 seconds. I'd say it's legit.

BadlandsBison
06-07-2012, 04:18 PM

That's a great smurfin' idea. I would also worry about stray cats.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

TransAmBison
06-07-2012, 04:24 PM
That's a great smurfin' idea. I would also worry about stray cats.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2You should not fear wild pussy...embrace it.

Answer Guy
06-07-2012, 05:02 PM

This was on the radio this morning. For some reason I thought of you.

http://youtu.be/oCRE9qOgbug

BisonNation11
06-07-2012, 05:06 PM
You should not fear wild pussy...embrace it.

Guess we don't need the new paved tailgate lot any more. Shoot, with that math, we would probably only need half of the existing lot. Although we have no more rainforest to embrace the wild pussy in... :biggrin:

tony
06-07-2012, 05:10 PM
This was on the radio this morning. For some reason I thought of you.

http://youtu.be/oCRE9qOgbug

That's awesome!

No idea how you got Montana's new intro video.

IzzyFlexion
06-08-2012, 12:13 PM
You should not fear wild pussy...embrace it.

Oh, Teriffic. You just had to go and snatch all of the class out of this thread!

KSBisonFan
06-08-2012, 12:20 PM
TAB, do you have really long arms or something? Pretty tough to embrace this.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q598/jghoffman12/fat_girl_poster-12965.jpg

EndZoneQB
06-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Oh, Teriffic. You just had to go and snatch all of the class out of this thread!

Yep, I believe he indeed was talking about snatch.

TransAmBison
06-08-2012, 12:52 PM
TAB, do you have really long arms or something? Pretty tough to embrace this.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q598/jghoffman12/fat_girl_poster-12965.jpgThere is no way that is wild...only domesticated creatures get big like that.

KSBisonFan
06-08-2012, 01:21 PM
There is no way that is wild...only domesticated creatures get big like that.

Oh, so now you clarify your meaning of 'wild'. I thought you meant wild as in behavioral and how she acts. Izzy said she was really hard to catch.....something about greasing up with lard. I didn't ask about details.

But, yeah......I guess since he kept her in a pen that would classify her as domesticated and not 'wild' in that sense.

One word......2 meanings. Are we clear now?

TGITDF*

*Thank God It's Thread Drift Friday!