PDA

View Full Version : Liberty and their FBS intentions

tjbison
05-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Now even Liberty is going bye bye

http://www.wdbj7.com/sports/wdbj7-liberty-university-seeks-move-to-college-footballs-top-division-20120512,0,1732935.story?track=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

wow

onbison09
05-13-2012, 12:41 AM
I hope they get piss pounded every week

KSBisonFan
05-13-2012, 02:27 AM
I hope they get piss pounded every week

They will as long as Turner Gill is coaching there. Never saw a coach more unprepared, disorganized and overwhelmed. Complete disaster!

North Side
05-13-2012, 05:00 AM
Has Liberty even won a playoff game in the FCS? Or beat and FBS team.

Hambone
05-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Has Liberty even won a playoff game in the FCS? Or beat and FBS team.

Not sure about the playoffs, but they did beat Ball State a couple years ago I believe.

Twentysix
05-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Not sure about the playoffs, but they did beat Ball State a couple years ago I believe.

That isn't that big of an accomplishment. Ball State is 0-3 vs the FCS since '06. If you go back to '02 they are 3-3, with wins against indiana state twice and N'eastern who no longer has a football team.

NorthernBison
05-13-2012, 09:48 PM
That isn't that big of an accomplishment. Ball State is 0-3 vs the FCS since '06. If you go back to '02 they are 3-3, with wins against indiana state twice and N'eastern who no longer has a football team.

Geez. Way to trash the 2006 Bison. You do realize we won a very tight game down there and consider that as a signature win during the transition?

tjbison
05-13-2012, 09:54 PM
Geez. Way to trash the 2006 Bison. You do realize we won a very tight game down there and consider that as a signature win during the transition?

Our first FBS game and our first FBS win!!! 2 years later didnt they make it in the top 25 rankings for a few weeks?

Twentysix
05-13-2012, 11:01 PM

Reality is Ball State sucks. Acknowledgement is a personal choice. Our Signature transition win was CMU and U of M(though I add U of M because of the big ten and not because of their team). You should probably follow the team closer. ;)
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2449/year/2007/north-dakota-state-bison

The year we had a "signature win" against ball state, we also beat UC Davis who was ranked 92, six places better.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

Twentysix
05-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Our first FBS game and our first FBS win!!! 2 years later didnt they make it in the top 25 rankings for a few weeks?

Caught the 2 years later, yeah they got some. Ill find the most they recieved and post it.

In week 15 of 08 they received 65 votes for a ranking of #23.

In week 11 they were #14 in the AP poll.

They ended up going 12-2 ending the year by being throttled in the GMAC bowl by Tulsa, 45-13.

IndyBison
05-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Caught the 2 years later, yeah they got some. Ill find the most they recieved and post it.

In week 15 of 08 they received 65 votes for a ranking of #23.

In week 11 they were #14 in the AP poll.

They ended up going 12-2 ending the year by being throttled in the GMAC bowl by Tulsa, 45-13.
Correct. They started the year 12-0 and were threatening for an at-large BCS bid. They lost the MAC championship game and their coach resigned to take the San Diego State job. The GMAC flop happened after that. That coach is now at Michigan...Brady Hoke.

Their quarterback that year? Nate Davis. He was drafted in the 5th round by the 49ers and was on their roster for a couple seasons before playing in indoor leagues. He was a back-up in the Bison game but came in to give them the lead in the 3rd quarter. He started every game after that. They were 4-4 after losing to the Bison including winning 3 of their last 4. They had the basis of their solid team on the field in 2006. It was a nicer win than most people realize. CMU was bigger though.

NorthernBison
05-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Reality is Ball State sucks. Acknowledgement is a personal choice. Our Signature transition win was CMU and U of M(though I add U of M because of the big ten and not because of their team). You should probably follow the team closer. ;)
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2449/year/2007/north-dakota-state-bison

The year we had a "signature win" against ball state, we also beat UC Davis who was ranked 92, six places better.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt06.htm

Stop being a jackhole. You show zero class by disrespecting OUR record and opponent. I believe Ball State WON the MAC In 2007 which is the year we beat CMU. I think Ball State was a good MAC TEAM both seasons which makes them about equivalent of bottom tier Big 10 teams or top tier FCS teams.

So, why is CMU such a signature win when they didn't win the MAC the year we beat them?

I think you're getting a bit selectiive

IMO, the better 10-1 record was probably 2006 but thats another discussion

Bison bison
05-14-2012, 12:38 AM
CMU did win the MAC in 2007.

But your point is well taken.

tjbison
05-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Stop being a jackhole. You show zero class by disrespecting OUR record and opponent. I believe Ball State WON the MAC In 2007 which is the year we beat CMU. I think Ball State was a good MAC TEAM both seasons which makes them about equivalent of bottom tier Big 10 teams or top tier FCS teams.

So, why is CMU such a signature win when they didn't win the MAC the year we beat them?

CMU won the MAC and almost beat Purdue in their Bowl game

Twentysix
05-14-2012, 04:16 AM

Your attitude that Ball State is a world beater is why the FCS in general has such a distaste for NDSU(Over and above what lakes/jbb/mpls already do). Uninformed fans like to blow wins against terrible FBS teams out of proportion.

Reality is that Ball State team (2006) went .416 against the #95 schedule in DI. I bet Quincy fans tell their grama about the time they beat Division I Indiana State.

Luckily Ball State did beat Kent St(6-6) and Toledo(5-7) that year or they wouldnt have been only 6 spots worse than UC davis. Their other wins were 2-10 Miami(OH), 2-10 Buffalo, 1-11 EMU. Try and be atleast mildly objective jfc.

NorthernBison
05-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Your attitude that Ball State is a world beater is why the FCS in general has such a distaste for NDSU(Over and above what lakes/jbb/mpls already do). Uninformed fans like to blow wins against terrible FBS teams out of proportion.

Reality is that Ball State team (2006) went .416 against the #95 schedule in DI. I bet Quincy fans tell their grama about the time they beat Division I Indiana State.

Luckily Ball State did beat Kent St(6-6) and Toledo(5-7) that year or they wouldnt have been only 6 spots worse than UC davis. Their other wins were 2-10 Miami(OH), 2-10 Buffalo, 1-11 EMU. Try and be atleast mildly objective jfc.

I probably should have looked up the MAC rsults instead of relying on a faulty memory. CMU won the MAC both those years and Ball State made the MAC Title game in 2008 and lost.

FYI, I never said Ball State was a world beater. I'll also agree that CMU had a couple good years and we beat them in one of their better years. The fact of the matter is that few FCS teams win against any FBS programs regardless of how average those FBS teams are. I wouldn't call being proud of winning a majority of these games "blowing it out of proportion".

Actually I'd say that a bigger reason for other fanbases to dislike NDSU is the newbies that cock off about how great we are and disrespect other programs.

That's really my basic problem with what you said. Especially after a National Title, we should have some respect. It's called class. As you get a bit older, I expect that you might develop some.

tony
05-14-2012, 02:44 PM

Meh. If you can find a post on AGS pumping up Ball State or, for that matter, ANY team NDSU has ever played on AGS, that would be a welcome change from the crap the MplsBison and Lakesbison post. "Your team sucks. The town your team is from sucks. The FCS sucks. NDSU rulez. PUMP IT UP!!" <=== repeat 100 times a day.

Fact: Ball State was a pretty decent team. They played 3 Big 10 teams tough, including 11-2 Michigan. They certainly had the ability to exploit some weaknesses in NDSU's coverage as evidenced by the two 70+ yard TD bombs they completed with no Bison defender in sight. That said, Ball State was probably #4 on the list of NDSU's accomplishments that year behind the Minnesota, Georgia Southern, and Cal Poly games.

Twentysix
05-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Meh. If you can find a post on AGS pumping up Ball State or, for that matter, ANY team NDSU has ever played on AGS, that would be a welcome change from the crap the MplsBison and Lakesbison post. "Your team sucks. The town your team is from sucks. The FCS sucks. NDSU rulez. PUMP IT UP!!" <=== repeat 100 times a day.

Fact: Ball State was a pretty decent team. They played 3 Big 10 teams tough, including 11-2 Michigan. They certainly had the ability to exploit some weaknesses in NDSU's coverage as evidenced by the two 70+ yard TD bombs they completed with no Bison defender in sight. That said, Ball State was probably #4 on the list of NDSU's accomplishments that year behind the Minnesota, Georgia Southern, and Cal Poly games.

Ten minutes after we beat colorado state, AGS will be full of what you are asking for. Happens every time.

SamsRams
05-14-2012, 11:29 PM
ten minutes after we beat colorado state, ags will be full of what you are asking for. Happens every time.

pump it up!!!!!

tony
05-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Ten minutes after we beat colorado state, AGS will be full of what you are asking for. Happens every time.

I hope so - NDSU wins and Bison fans find something to compliment CSU on.

There must be some happy medium between denigrating the opponent and overplaying the significance of beating them. It's not like back in the transition days when FBS/BCS wins were pretty much the season's goal.

HandoEX
05-15-2012, 02:05 AM

Beating a 3-8 Georgia Southern team is more impressive than beating Ball State? No way!