alabama
florida

independents

brigham young
notre dame

conference usa / mountain west + sun belt / mac scheduling alliance

6 conference games / 2 flex games

4 conference championship games mwc / conf usa / sun belt / mac

2 championship games between the mwc versus conf usa and sun belt versus mac (best winning % during flex play hosts)

flex games are 1 home / 1 away every year between conf usa / mwc and sun belt / mac

(ex: Wyoming hosts montana / wyoming travels to tulsa one year and wyoming travels to idaho / host rice the next)
(ex: Akron hosts troy / akron travels to toledo one year and akron travels to texas state / host bowling green the next)

big 6 conference schools play 7 conference games / 2 out of conferences games / 1 championship game
big 6 ooc games are played within the big 6 conferences (only fbs schools play fbs schools)

16 teams make the national tournament
124 remaining teams can accept bids to current bowls

conf-usa / mwc 1 automatic bid
sun belt / mac 1 automatic bid
big east 2 automatic bids
big 12 2 automatic bids
pac12 2 automatic bids
big 10 2 automatic bids
acc 2 automatic bids
sec 2 automatic bids
2 at- large bids

round of 16 (eight home games to highest seeds)

1. Auburn v 16. Troy
2. Oregon v 15. North dakota state
3. Alabama v 14. Boise state
4. Lsu v 13. Usc
5. Michigan v 12. Ohio state
6. Miami v 11. Florida state
7. Clemson v 10. Oklahoma
8. Texas v 9. Houston

round of 8 (bowl sites)

1. Lsu v 8. Oklahoma (cotton bowl)
2. Alabama v 7. Clemson (peach bowl)
3. Usc v 5. Florida state (gator bowl)
4. Oregon v 6. Miami (orange bowl)

round of 4 (bowl sites-rotation between the 3 sites)

1. Lsu v 4. Oregon (fiesta bowl)
2. Alabama v 3. Texas (rose bowl)

national championship (jan 1st)

1. Lsu v 2. Alabama (sugar bowl)

EndZoneQB
05-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Shouldn't you be fishing?

HerdBot
05-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Illinois State, UNI, Youngstown, or SIU would move up before UND. Even SDSU is in a better position

The Mountain West resembles the Great West. If we move up we go to the MAC

tony
05-12-2012, 12:43 AM
I'd go for it!

In a future version, you might want to include UC Davis - enrollment 30,000+ and they've been talking about the FBS for a long time. Maybe Cal Poly SLO too. Both schools have new stadiums capable of expansion.

reformedUNDfan
05-12-2012, 12:45 AM

is this the thread where we post like we're on crack?

if so then UND should be listed with the big10

skunkapekiller
05-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Illinois State, UNI, Youngstown, or SIU would move up before UND. Even SDSU is in a better position

I purposely skipped over all the MVC basketball schools because anything the takes away from their bball teams wouldn't fly...

sdsu's operating revenue is 12 million after their transition years and their stadium is a glorified high school erector set?
und's operating revenue is 18 million while in the crappy Great West conferece...plus und and ndsu would be travel partners.

why would the mac wanna expand their footprint by that large of a distance? especially when they could just add ysu if they did want another fb school?

SamsRams
05-12-2012, 01:15 AM
mountain west conference

north

idaho
montana
montana state
north dakota
north dakota state
portland state
sacramento state

south

wyoming
colorado state
san jose state
nevada-reno
utah state
new mexico
new mexico state

Love how much you thought this thru as Utah State is bout 200 miles north of Sacramento. Plus UNR is north of Sacramento and they are about as close as anyone on this list yet they would be in different divisions.
Problem is, if you are going to be ridiculous, why would you not add Western New Mexico or Mary to the list??

skunkapekiller
05-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Love how much you thought this thru as Utah State is bout 200 miles north of Sacramento. Plus UNR is north of Sacramento and they are about as close as anyone on this list yet they would be in different divisions.
Problem is, if you are going to be ridiculous, why would you not add Western New Mexico or Mary to the list??

longitude and latitude didn't really have much to do about being north or south....would "leaders" and "legends" be better for ya?

SamsRams
05-12-2012, 01:55 AM
longitude and latitude didn't really have much to do about being north or south....would "leaders" and "legends" be better for ya?

No Dumb and Dumber seems most appropriate or Never Gonna Happen and Cracked Out Visions

tony
05-12-2012, 02:23 AM
No Dumb and Dumber seems most appropriate or Never Gonna Happen and Cracked Out Visions

No reason to be rude.

CaBisonFan
05-12-2012, 02:49 AM
I like this thread. Thanks

kbswish22
05-12-2012, 02:56 AM
Cant have three rounds of neutral site games. Wont get enough fans to travel.

North Side
05-12-2012, 03:09 AM
It really is the off season....

EndZoneQB
05-12-2012, 03:19 AM
I like this thread. Thanks

Not surprised....

Twentysix
05-12-2012, 12:48 PM
O.o This couldnt be lakes, he would never advocate UND into the mix.

HerdBot
05-13-2012, 12:54 AM
I purposely skipped over all the MVC basketball schools because anything the takes away from their bball teams wouldn't fly...

sdsu's operating revenue is 12 million after their transition years and their stadium is a glorified high school erector set?
und's operating revenue is 18 million while in the crappy Great West conferece...plus und and ndsu would be travel partners.

why would the mac wanna expand their footprint by that large of a distance? especially when they could just add ysu if they did want another fb school?

Illinois State has already said an FBS move is in the long term plans and its fair to think they dont go independent . I think if the Missouri Valley wants to strength itself it better look at a football conference because if teams leave the MVFC some day they will lose schools that offer all sports unless Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois plan on staying FCS forever or dropping football to stay.

UND- if you take hockey out of the equation, SDSU has a larger athletic budget. And its much easier to renovate an outdoor stadium than it is to build a new one from scratch.

I think the MAC would be alright going west. Especially if a team like UNI or SDSU makes the Geography more western

Btw... overall I like your plan. Good format.

bisonmike2
05-13-2012, 02:13 AM
O.o This couldnt be lakes, he would never advocate UND into the mix.

I thought the same thing. As soon as I saw UND I knew it wasn't a Lakes alt.

skunkapekiller
05-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Illinois State has already said an FBS move is in the long term plans and its fair to think they dont go independent . I think if the Missouri Valley wants to strength itself it better look at a football conference because if teams leave the MVFC some day they will lose schools that offer all sports unless Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois plan on staying FCS forever or dropping football to stay.

UND- if you take hockey out of the equation, SDSU has a larger athletic budget. And its much easier to renovate an outdoor stadium than it is to build a new one from scratch.

I think the MAC would be alright going west. Especially if a team like UNI or SDSU makes the Geography more western

Btw... overall I like your plan. Good format.

whether or not the future is west or east for ndsu and und their future is together one way or other....geography hurts both schools but if a conference takes both they can hit two for ones in olympic sports between fargo and grand forks...

und's athletic budget has more room for growth over the next five to ten years between their new hockey conference (tv deal included), their addition to the Big Sky Conference, and increased alumni donations after the "death years" of transition are over?

by the sounds of it fsu and clemson might look to go to the big 12 which would lead to even more reaglinment....especially out west if the big east drops their western experiment...?

tony
05-13-2012, 04:50 PM
und's athletic budget has more room for growth over the next five to ten years between their new hockey conference (tv deal included), their addition to the Big Sky Conference, and increased alumni donations after the "death years" of transition are over?

Maybe. Currently, UND's main problem with going FBS is their 12000-seat indoor stadium.

skunkapekiller
05-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Maybe. Currently, UND's main problem with going FBS is their 12000-seat indoor stadium.

My proposal is a prediction over the next five to ten years so a lot can change for a lot of FCS teams on my list.
Also, I really could care less how small or large some schools stadiums are because you could be like Eastern Michigan which has a large football stadium and I think they average less than 10k per game....if the Kibbie Dome is FBS worthy so would the alerus and fargodome.

Also, UND has some very rich alumni and their new lease at the Alerus is ten years and I'm betting that the administration will have funding in place for an on campus stadium ready to go when the lease ends in ten years.

With as many new millionaires made every year in nd i'm sure that either school if needed could find the donations and or state funding if needed for new athletic venues in fargo and grand forks for a jump to FBS?

bri-dog
05-13-2012, 05:32 PM

Whatever happened with the big new stadium that was supposed to be built near the Hillsboro bullet train station?

Hammersmith
05-13-2012, 05:36 PM
My proposal is a prediction over the next five to ten years so a lot can change for a lot of FCS teams on my list.
Also, I really could care less how small or large some schools stadiums are because you could be like Eastern Michigan which has a large football stadium and I think they average less than 10k per game....if the Kibbie Dome is FBS worthy so would the alerus and fargodome.

Also, UND has some very rich alumni and their new lease at the Alerus is ten years and I'm betting that the administration will have funding in place for an on campus stadium ready to go when the lease ends in ten years.*

With as many new millionaires made every year in nd i'm sure that either school if needed could find the donations and or state funding if needed for new athletic venues in fargo and grand forks for a jump to FBS?**
*<snicker>
**<bellylaughter>

You aren't from around here, are you?

skunkapekiller
05-13-2012, 06:20 PM
*<snicker>
**<bellylaughter>

You aren't from around here, are you?

I'm sure when rumors of a 110 million dollar hockey arena were floating around people were laughling then and when it actually got built those laughs went away? Who is to say there isn't another benefactor with deep pockets to fund a football stadium in gf?

I don't think any state money has been used on a football stadium in gf or fargo since the early 1900's? Plus the state is sitting on 3 billion dollars (all state bills are paid in full too) and if the property tax thing gets turned down...what to do with that money?

tjbison
05-13-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm sure when rumors of a 110 million dollar hockey arena were floating around people were laughling then and when it actually got built those laughs went away? Who is to say there isn't another benefactor with deep pockets to fund a football stadium in gf?

I don't think any state money has been used on a football stadium in gf or fargo since the early 1900's? Plus the state is sitting on 3 billion dollars (all state bills are paid in full too) and if the property tax thing gets turned down...what to do with that money?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We cant even get them to spend money on roads let alone a couple outdoor stadiums...non of this will ever happen

KSBisonFan
05-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Why do you want to kill the Skunk Ape?

KilldeerBison
05-14-2012, 03:17 AM
Why do you want to kill the Skunk Ape?

(Battle cry) Save the Skunk Ape!! It may be the pooh's new logo.

Tatanka
05-14-2012, 03:56 AM
Is the skunk ape a relative of the suhaki? If so, I know an asshat with a jersey...

coldspot
05-14-2012, 04:12 AM
Is the skunk ape a relative of the suhaki? If so, I know an asshat with a jersey...

funny you mention the asshat, which is in the douche bag genus. the asshat is quite elusive in much of the state with the exception of the los forkos grandes region where they seem to breed uncontrollably. for more information on the asshat, see DaveK

thebigund
05-14-2012, 02:42 PM
(Battle cry) Save the Skunk Ape!! It may be the pooh's new logo.

They're close to voting in the 5 assed monkey in as the replacement.

Tatanka
05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
And you said TMWTFN isn't popular anymore up in grand forks... Now if they ever perfected the six assed fainting goat the were working on.......

HerdBot
05-15-2012, 04:00 AM

#1 The Ralph is for Hockey
#2 Futbol is not hockey
#3 Ralph is dead
#4 Without the Bison/Sioux as tenants, both buildings lose money
#5 The state wont even let us raise tuition by 1%
#6 yeah there are plenty of rich alumni but there is a reason NDSU, UND, UNI, USD plus the Vikes and Lions play indoors. Its abnormally cold up here. So basically both teams would need 40k seat indoor stadiums. That would cost close to a billion or more. Not gonna happen

skunkapekiller
05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Skunkapekiller manifesto 2.0

mountain west conference

north division

idaho
montana
montana state
north dakota
north dakota state
portland state
sacramento state

south division

wyoming
colorado state
san jose state
nevada-reno
utah state
new mexico
new mexico state

conference usa

east division

marshall
old dominion
florida international
unc-charlotte
southern miss
alabama-birmingham
east carolina

west division

tulsa
rice
texas state
north texas
ut-san antonio
la-tech
tulane

mid american conference

east division

miami
kent state
akron
ohio
buffalo
umass
youngstown state

west division

bowling green
ball state
toledo
northern illinois
western michigan
central michigan
eastern michigan

sun belt conference

east division

florida atlantic
appalachian state
georgia state
georgia southern
liberty
james madison
delaware

west division

western kentucky
middle tennessee state
la-monroe
la-lafayette
south alabama
arkansas state
troy

atlantic coast conference

north division

virginia
virginia tech
boston college
syracuse
connecticut
rutgers
pittsburgh

south division

north carolina
north carolina state
duke
georgia tech
maryland
miami
wake forest

big 10 conference

east division

minnesota
wisconsin
indiana
illinois
northwestern
purdue

west division

iowa
michigan
michigan state
penn state
nebraska
ohio state

big 12 conference

north division

texas
texas tech
baylor
oklahoma state
oklahoma
iowa state
kansas
kansas state

south division

texas christian
brigham young
clemson
florida state
notre dame
boise state
louisville
west virginia

big east conference

east division

temple
villanova
cincinnati
memphis
south florida
central florida
army
navy

west division

air force
san diego state
smu
houston
fresno state
unlv
hawaii
utep

pacific 12 conference

north division

washinton state
washington
oregon
oregon state
stanford
california-berkely

south division

arizona
arizona state
california-los angeles
southern california
colorado
utah

southeastern conference

west division

arkansas
missouri
texas a&m
vanderbilt
louisiana state
kentucky
tennessee

east division

mississippi
mississippi state
georgia
south carolina
auburn
alabama
florida

*conference usa / mountain west and sun belt / mac scheduling

6 conference games / 2 flex games (1 north team plays 1 south team / 1 east team plays 1 west team)

2 semi-final home games (awarded to division with best winning % during flex play)

1 championship game (alternate each year between the divisions)

*all of other conferences play 7 conference games / 3 out-of-conference games / and 1 championship game
*all 3 ooc games are against teams from the other big 6 conferences (and independents).

124 teams that don't make national tournament still can get invites to all existing bowls

conf-usa / mwc 1 automatic bid
big east 1 automatic bid
acc 1 automatic bids
big 12 3 automatic bids
pac12 3 automatic bids
big 10 3 automatic bids
sec 3 automatic bids

1. Alabama v 16. Troy
2. Lsu v 15. Ndsu
3. Texas v 14. Houston
4. Florida state v 13. Miami
5. Usc v 12. Ucla
6. Ohio state v 11. Michigan
7. Arkansas v 10. Oregon
8. Oklahoma v 9. Wisconsin

round of 8 (bowl sites)

1. Lsu v 8. Arkansas (orange bowl)
2. Texas v 7. Oklahoma (cotton bowl)
3. Florida state v 5. Oregon (gator bowl)
4. Alabama v 6. Usc (peach bowl)

round of 4 (bowl sites)--rotation between the 3 fiesta, rose, and sugar bowls

1. Lsu v 4. Texas (fiesta bowl)
2. Alabama v 3. Florida state (rose bowl)

1. Lsu v 2. Alabama (sugar bowl)

skunkapekiller
05-29-2012, 06:10 PM

big 6 conferences

big 10 conference

east division

pennsylvania state
michigan
michigan state
ohio state
maryland
north carolina
rutgers
virginia

west division

iowa
illinois
indiana
minnesota
nebraska
northwestern
purdue
wisconsin

big 12 conference

north division

texas
texas tech
baylor
oklahoma
oklahoma state
kansas
kansas state
iowa state

south division

notre dame
west virginia
texas christian
brigham young
boise state
miami
florida state
clemson

pac 12 conference

north division

washinton state
washington
oregon
oregon state
stanford
california-berkely

south division

arizona
arizona state
california-los angeles
southern california
colorado
utah

southeastern conference

west division

arkansas
missouri
texas a&m
louisiana state
kentucky
tennessee
mississippi
mississippi state

east division

alabama
vanderbilt
georgia
georgia tech
virginia tech
south carolina
florida
auburn

north division

louisville
boston college
syracuse
pittsburgh
connecticut
cicinnati

south division

memphis
south florida
north carolina state
east carolina
duke
wake forest

big east conference

east division

southern methodist
houston
temple
army
navy
central florida

west division

air force
san diego state
hawaii
fresno state
nevada-las vegas
texas-el paso

mountain west conference

north division

idaho
montana
montana state
north dakota
north dakota state
portland state
sacramento state

south division

wyoming
colorado state
san jose state
nevada-reno
utah state
new mexico
new mexico state

conference usa

west division

tulsa
rice
north texas
texas-san antonio
louisiana tech
tulane
texas state

east division

marshall
florida international
north carolina-charlotte
southern mississippi
alabama-birmingham
old dominion
delaware

mid-american conference

north division

bowling green
ball state
toledo
northern illinois
western michigan
central michigan
eastern michigan

south division

miami
kent state
akron
ohio
buffalo
youngstown state
massachusetts

sun belt conference

east division

florida atlantic
appalachian state
georgia state
georgia southern
middle tennessee state
james madison
liberty

west division

louisiana-monroe
louisiana-lafayette
arkansas state
jacksonville state
troy
south alabama
western kentucky

c-usa / mountain west conference scheduling alliance + sun belt conference / mac scheduling alliance

6 conference games (3 home and 3 away) / 2 flex games (1 home and 1 away)

4 conference championship games--division with highest winning % during flex play hosts on campus game
mountain west conference (north division versus south division)
conference usa (east division versus west division)
sun belt (east division versus west division)
mid-american conference (north division versus south division)

2 championship games--conference with highest winning % during flex play hosts on campus game
mountain west conference versus conference usa
sun belt versus mid-american conference

flex games are 1 home / 1 away every year between c-usa / mwc and sun belt / mac

(ex: Wyoming hosts montana / wyoming travels to tulsa one year and wyoming travels to idaho / host rice the next year)
(ex: La-tech host alabama-birmingham / la-tech travels to colorado state one year and la-tech travels to marshall / host new mexico the next year)
(ex: Akron hosts toledo / akron travels to georgia southern one year and akron travels to ball state / host georgia state the next year)
(ex: Georgia state hosts jacksonville state / georgia state travels to bowling green one year and georgia state travels to troy / host western michigan the next year)

example of wyoming's mwc schedule:

Home versus colorado state
away versus san jose state
home versus nevada-reno
away versus utah state
home versus new mexico
away versus new mexico state
home versus montana (flex game in conference)
away versus tulsa (flex game out of conference)
home versus north dakota state (mwc championship game)
home versus la-tech (mwc / c-usa championship game)

example of la-tech c-usa schedule:

Home versus tulsa
away versus north texas
home versus texas-san antonio
away versus rice
home versus tulane
away versus texas state
home versus alabama-birmingham (flex game in conference)
away versus colorado state (flex game out of conference)
home versus delaware (c-usa championship game)
away versus wyoming (mwc / c-usa championship game)

example of akron's mac schedule:

Home versus miami
away versus kent state
home versus ohio
away versus buffalo
home versus massachusetts
away versus youngstown state
home versus toledo (flex game in conference)
away versus georgia southern (flex game out of conference)
home versus western michigan (mac championship game)
home versus georgia state (sun belt / mac championship game)

example of georgia state's sun belt schedule:

Home versus florida atlantic
away versus appalachian state
home versus georgia southern
away versus middle tennesse state
home versus james madison
away versus liberty
home versus jacksonville state (flex game in conference)
away versus bowling green (flex game out of conference)
home versus troy (sun belt championship game)
away versus akron (sun belt / mac championship game)

big 6 conference schools--big 10, big 12, pac 12, sec, acc, and big east
play 7 conference games / 2 out of conferences games / 1 championship game
big 6 out of conference games are played within the big 6 conferences

sun belt/mac 1 automatic bid
mwc/c-usa 1 automatic bid
big east 1 automatic bid
acc 1 automatic bid
big 12 3 automatic bids
pac 12 3 automatic bids
big 10 3 automatic bids
sec 3 automatic bids

1. Lsu v 16. Georgia state (sun belt / mac)
2. Oregon v 15. Wyoming (c-usa / mwc)
3. Alabama v 14. Hawaii (big east)
4. Arkansas v 13. Boston college (acc)
7. Ucla v 10. Usc
8. Texas v 9. Wisconsin

round of 8 (bowl sites)

2. Alabama v 7. Wisconsin (peach bowl)
4. Oregon v 6. Ohio state (orange bowl)

1. Lsu v 4. Ohio state (fiesta bowl)
2. Usc v 3. Wisconsin (rose bowl)

1. Lsu v 2. Usc (sugar bowl)

dragonsfan
05-29-2012, 06:14 PM
you need a hobby, this is pure delusion

skunkapekiller
05-29-2012, 07:30 PM

what's pure delusion is the current format of the big schools not really crowning a national champion and the smaller schools actually crowning a national champion and all the crap inbetween??

1. conference realingment is happening almost daily
2. a four team tournament featuring the champs of the big 10, big 12, sec, and pac 12 is already in teh works...under my format 140 schools play for true d1 national title..not one flawed "champion" and one junior varsity championship.

CaBisonFan
05-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Whatever happened with the big new stadium that was supposed to be built near the Hillsboro bullet train station?

I know the person that proposed the stadium, combining the football teams from both universities, having one FBS team, and the fast-rail train system to connect some of our larger cities & colleges. He's ahead of his time...and had the courage to bring the idea to some of the political leaders in the state. Not saying I agree with everything he proposed...but I respect his determination.

This won't happen in our lifetimes...but wouldn't it be fun to see the state take on such a bold concept?

IzzyFlexion
05-30-2012, 01:46 PM

Not only that but he appears to have even more spare time than my lazy ass wife. (which, truly, DOES NOT seem possible)

344Johnson
05-30-2012, 02:21 PM
I know the person that proposed the stadium, combining the football teams from both universities, having one FBS team, and the fast-rail train system to connect some of our larger cities & colleges. He's ahead of his time...and had the courage to bring the idea to some of the political leaders in the state. Not saying I agree with everything he proposed...but I respect his determination.

This won't happen in our lifetimes...but wouldn't it be fun to see the state take on such a bold concept?

Wouldn't that require renaming UND to NDSU-Grand Forks Extension? I can't imagine the NCAA would allow two schools independent of one another to co-op for athletics.

skunkapekiller
05-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Not only that but he appears to have even more spare time than my lazy ass wife. (which, truly, DOES NOT seem possible)

"spare time"....you have over 5000 online posts here? took me an hour to come up this idea and and hour to type it up...

TransAmBison
05-30-2012, 05:18 PM
"spare time"....you have over 5000 online posts here? took me an hour to come up this idea and and hour to type it up...I shudder to think of what perverted thing Izzy would come up with* using two hours of free time.

*Prolly nothing big or memorable...just sick and twisted. :D

KSBisonFan
05-30-2012, 05:26 PM
I shudder to think of what perverted thing Izzy would come up with* using two hours of free time.

It would probably involve Youngstown State and the number 4. Would that make you shudder, TransAmBison?

TransAmBison
05-30-2012, 05:54 PM
It would probably involve Youngstown State and the number 4. Would that make you shudder, TransAmBison?If YSU ends up at #4...I will shudder. :D

IzzyFlexion
05-31-2012, 12:23 PM
"spare time"....you have over 5000 online posts here? took me an hour to come up this idea and and hour to type it up...

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!

I wish somebody woulda pointed that out to me earlier.
I should go out and get a damn job.

IzzyFlexion
05-31-2012, 12:43 PM
I shudder to think of what perverted thing Izzy would come up with* using two hours of free time.

Surprisingly, that little blog thingy that I did last week took just over an hour. It's based on an old post of mine from last year. Just made up the story as I went along. AND...................by most accounts, NOT sick OR twisted. :)

So there, skunkmanbearpigantelopeapeabercrombieandfitch!!

KSBisonFan
05-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Surprisingly, that little blog thingy* that I did last week took just over an hour. It's based on an old post of mine from last year. Just made up the story as I went along. AND...................by most accounts, NOT sick OR twisted. :)

So there, skunkmanbearpigantelopeapeabercrombieandfitch!!

*twss...........

BlueBisonRock
05-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Thread drift where the posters focus on the 'little things' and how quick they are....

Only in Bisonville.

TransAmBison
05-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Thread drift where the posters focus on the 'little things' and how quick they are....

Only in Bisonville.How deep does the rabbit hole go? Izzy will never know. :D

EndZoneQB
05-31-2012, 10:24 PM
How deep does the rabbit hole go? Izzy will never know. :D

Until I hit bottom and it bends in the middle.

BadlandsBison
05-31-2012, 10:47 PM

big 6 conferences

big 10 conference

east division

pennsylvania state
michigan
michigan state
ohio state
maryland
north carolina
rutgers
virginia

west division

iowa
illinois
indiana
minnesota
nebraska
northwestern
purdue
wisconsin

big 12 conference

north division

texas
texas tech
baylor
oklahoma
oklahoma state
kansas
kansas state
iowa state

south division

notre dame
west virginia
texas christian
brigham young
boise state
miami
florida state
clemson

pac 12 conference

north division

washinton state
washington
oregon
oregon state
stanford
california-berkely

south division

arizona
arizona state
california-los angeles
southern california
colorado
utah

southeastern conference

west division

arkansas
missouri
texas a&m
louisiana state
kentucky
tennessee
mississippi
mississippi state

east division

alabama
vanderbilt
georgia
georgia tech
virginia tech
south carolina
florida
auburn

north division

louisville
boston college
syracuse
pittsburgh
connecticut
cicinnati

south division

memphis
south florida
north carolina state
east carolina
duke
wake forest

big east conference

east division

southern methodist
houston
temple
army
navy
central florida

west division

air force
san diego state
hawaii
fresno state
nevada-las vegas
texas-el paso

mountain west conference

north division

idaho
montana
montana state
north dakota
north dakota state
portland state
sacramento state

south division

wyoming
colorado state
san jose state
nevada-reno
utah state
new mexico
new mexico state

conference usa

west division

tulsa
rice
north texas
texas-san antonio
louisiana tech
tulane
texas state

east division

marshall
florida international
north carolina-charlotte
southern mississippi
alabama-birmingham
old dominion
delaware

mid-american conference

north division

bowling green
ball state
toledo
northern illinois
western michigan
central michigan
eastern michigan

south division

miami
kent state
akron
ohio
buffalo
youngstown state
massachusetts

sun belt conference

east division

florida atlantic
appalachian state
georgia state
georgia southern
middle tennessee state
james madison
liberty

west division

louisiana-monroe
louisiana-lafayette
arkansas state
jacksonville state
troy
south alabama
western kentucky

c-usa / mountain west conference scheduling alliance + sun belt conference / mac scheduling alliance

6 conference games (3 home and 3 away) / 2 flex games (1 home and 1 away)

4 conference championship games--division with highest winning % during flex play hosts on campus game
mid-american conference (north division versus south division)

2 championship games--conference with highest winning % during flex play hosts on campus game

flex games are 1 home / 1 away every year between c-usa / mwc and sun belt / mac

(ex: Wyoming hosts montana / wyoming travels to tulsa one year and wyoming travels to idaho / host rice the next year)
(ex: La-tech host alabama-birmingham / la-tech travels to colorado state one year and la-tech travels to marshall / host new mexico the next year)
(ex: Akron hosts toledo / akron travels to georgia southern one year and akron travels to ball state / host georgia state the next year)
(ex: Georgia state hosts jacksonville state / georgia state travels to bowling green one year and georgia state travels to troy / host western michigan the next year)

Home versus colorado state
home versus nevada-reno
away versus utah state
home versus new mexico

example of la-tech c-usa schedule:

Home versus tulsa
away versus north texas
away versus rice
home versus tulane
away versus texas state

Home versus miami
away versus kent state
home versus ohio
away versus buffalo

Home versus florida atlantic
away versus liberty
away versus bowling green (flex game out of conference)

big 6 conference schools--big 10, big 12, pac 12, sec, acc, and big east
play 7 conference games / 2 out of conferences games / 1 championship game
big 6 out of conference games are played within the big 6 conferences

big east 1 automatic bid
acc 1 automatic bid
big 12 3 automatic bids
pac 12 3 automatic bids
big 10 3 automatic bids
sec 3 automatic bids

7. Ucla v 10. Usc
8. Texas v 9. Wisconsin

round of 8 (bowl sites)

2. Alabama v 7. Wisconsin (peach bowl)
4. Oregon v 6. Ohio state (orange bowl)

1. Lsu v 4. Ohio state (fiesta bowl)
2. Usc v 3. Wisconsin (rose bowl)

1. Lsu v 2. Usc (sugar bowl)

This is extremely interesting and realistic. Could you please share your genius philosophy on hockey conferences?

skunkapekiller
06-01-2012, 07:55 PM
what's there to say about hockey and their conferences? last i checked hockey was just like everything else in d1 (except football)...one champion crowned through a playoff format?

skunkapekiller
06-04-2012, 12:06 AM

big 10 conference

east division

pennsylvania state
michigan
michigan state
ohio state
maryland
north carolina
rutgers
virginia

west division

iowa
illinois
indiana
minnesota
nebraska
northwestern
purdue
wisconsin

big 12 conference

north division

texas
texas tech
baylor
oklahoma
oklahoma state
kansas
kansas state
iowa state

south division

notre dame
west virginia
texas christian
brigham young
boise state
miami
florida state
clemson

pacific 12 conference

north division

washinton state
washington
oregon
oregon state
stanford
california-berkely

south division

arizona
arizona state
california-los angeles
southern california
colorado
utah

southeastern conference

east division

alabama
vanderbilt
georgia
georgia tech
virginia tech
south carolina
florida
auburn

west division

arkansas
missouri
texas a&m
louisiana state
kentucky
tennessee
mississippi
mississippi state

north division

louisville
boston college
syracuse
pittsburgh
connecticut
cicinnati

south division

duke
north carolina state
wake forest
east carolina
south florida
memphis

big east conference

east division

southern methodist
houston
temple
army
navy
central florida

west division

air force
san diego state
hawaii
fresno state
nevada-las vegas
texas-el paso

mountain west conference

north division

idaho
montana
montana state
north dakota
north dakota state
portland state
sacramento state

south division

wyoming
colorado state
san jose state
nevada-reno
utah state
new mexico
new mexico state

conference usa

east division

marshall
florida international
north carolina-charlotte
southern mississippi
alabama-birmingham
old dominion
delaware

west division

tulsa
rice
north texas
texas-san antonio
louisiana tech
tulane
texas state

mid-american conference

east division

miami
kent state
akron
ohio
buffalo
youngstown state
massachusetts

west division

bowling green
ball state
toledo
northern illinois
western michigan
central michigan
eastern michigan

sun belt conference

east division

florida atlantic
appalachian state
georgia state
georgia southern
middle tennessee state
james madison
liberty

west division

louisiana-monroe
louisiana-lafayette
arkansas state
jacksonville state
troy
south alabama
western kentucky

6 conference games--3 home and 3 away
2 flex games--1 home and 1 away
1 out of conference game

mid-american conference (east division versus west division)

wyoming hosts montana / wyoming travels to tulsa one year and wyoming travels to idaho / host rice the next year

la-tech host alabama-birmingham / la-tech travels to colorado state one year and la-tech travels to marshall / host new mexico the next year

akron hosts toledo / akron travels to georgia southern one year and akron travels to ball state / host georgia state the next year

georgia state hosts jacksonville state / georgia state travels to kent state one year and georgia state travels to troy / host ohio the next year

example of wyoming's mwc schedule

away versus auburn (ooc game)
home versus colorado state
home versus nevada-reno
away versus utah state
home versus new mexico
away versus oregon (first round of national tournament)

example of la-tech’s c-usa schedule

away versus usc (ooc game)
home versus tulsa
away versus north texas
away versus rice
home versus tulane
away versus texas state

example of akron's mac schedule

away versus louisville (ooc game)
home versus miami
away versus kent state
home versus ohio
away versus buffalo

example of georgia state's sun belt schedule

away versus georgia tech (ooc game)
home versus florida atlantic
away versus liberty
away versus kent state (flex game out of conference)
away versus lsu (first round of national tournament))

example of usc's pac-12 schedule

home versus la-tech (ooc game) aug 25th
away versus notre dame (ooc game) sept 1st
home versus arizona sept 8th
away versus arizona state sept 15th
home versus ucla sept 22nd
away versus colorado sept 29th
home versus utah oct 6th
away versus stanford oct 13th
home versus oregon state oct 20th
away versus cal-berkely oct 27th
home versus oregon--pac 12 championship game nov 3rd
home versus ucla--first round of national tournament nov 17th
away versus fsu--national quarterfinals @ the gator bowl dec 1st
away versus wisconsin--national semifinals @ the rose bowl dec 15th
away versus lsu--national championship @ the sugar bowl jan 1st

big 10, big 12, pac 12, sec, acc, and big east

8 conference games
2 out of conferences games
1 championship game

124 remaining teams can accept bids to bowls that run concurrently to national tourament

big east 1 automatic bid
acc 1 automatic bid
big 12 3 automatic bids
pac 12 3 automatic bids
big 10 3 automatic bids
sec 3 automatic bids

round of 16--eight home games to highest seeds

7. Usc v 10. Ucla
8. Texas v 9. Wisconsin

round of 8--bowl sites

1. Lsu v 8. Oklahoma @ cotton bowl
2. Alabama v 7. Wisconsin @ peach bowl
3. Usc v 5. Florida state @ gator bowl
4. Oregon v 6. Ohio state @ orange bowl

round of 4--rotation between the fiesta, rose, and sugar bowls

1. Lsu v 4. Ohio state @ fiesta bowl
2. Usc v 3. Wisconsin @ rose bowl

national championship

1. Lsu v 2. Usc @ sugar bowl

KSBisonFan
06-04-2012, 12:19 AM
I need some Anacin........

skunkapekiller
06-19-2012, 12:37 AM

big 10 conference

east division

pennsylvania state
michigan
michigan state
ohio state
maryland
north carolina
rutgers
virginia

west division

iowa
illinois
indiana
minnesota
nebraska
northwestern
purdue
wisconsin

big 12 conference

north division

texas
texas tech
baylor
oklahoma
oklahoma state
kansas
kansas state
iowa state

south division

notre dame
west virginia
texas christian
brigham young
boise state
miami
florida state
clemson

pac 12 conference

north division

washinton state
washington
oregon
oregon state
stanford
california-berkely

south division

arizona
arizona state
california-los angeles
southern california
colorado
utah

southeastern conference

west division

arkansas
missouri
texas a&m
louisiana state
kentucky
tennessee
mississippi
mississippi state

east division

alabama
vanderbilt
georgia
georgia tech
virginia tech
south carolina
florida
auburn

big east conference

east division

boston college
syracuse
pittsburgh
connecticut
wake forest
north carolina state
duke
south florida

west division

memphis
cincinnati
louisville
central florida
southern methodist
houston
nevada-las vegas
san diego state

conference usa

north division

marshall
north carolina-charlotte
east carolina
florida international
delaware
old dominion
army
navy

south division

alabama-birmingham
southern mississippi
tulsa
rice
north texas
texas-san antonio
louisana tech
tulane

mountain west conference

north division

montana
montana state
north dakota
north dakota state
idaho
utah state
san jose state
sacramento state

south division

wyoming
colorado state
air force
nevada-reno
fresno state
new mexico
new mexico state
texas-el paso

mid-american conference

east division

miami
ohio
akron
kent state
youngstown state
buffalo
massachusetts

west division

northern illinois
bowling green
ball state
toledo
central michigan
eastern michigan
western michigan

sun belt conference

east division

florida atlantic
appalachian state
georgia state
georgia southern
middle tennessee state
western kentucky
liberty

west division

louisiana-monroe
louisiana-lafayette
arkansas state
jacksonville state
troy
south alabama
texas state

conference usa / mountain west conference scheduling alliance
sun belt conference / mid-american conference scheduling alliance

6 conference games--3 home and 3 away
2 flex games--1 home and 1 away
1 out of conference game

c-usa--north division versus south division
mwc--north division versus south division
sun belt--east division versus west division
mac--east division versus west division

wyoming hosts montana / travels to tulsa one year
wyoming travels to idaho / host rice the next year

la-tech host army / travels to colorado state one year
la-tech travels to marshall / host new mexico the next year

akron hosts toledo / travels to georgia southern one year
akron travels to ball state / host georgia state the next year

georgia state hosts jacksonville state / travels to kent state one year
georgia state travels to troy / host buffalo the next year

Away versus washington state--ooc game
home versus colorado state--rival gamed played every year
away versus air force
home versus nevada-reno
away versus fresno state
home versus new mexico
away versus texas-el paso
home versus montana--flex game in conference
away versus tulsa--flex game out of conference
home versus north dakota state--mwc championship game
home versus louisiana-tech--mwc / c-usa championship game

example of louisiana-tech c-usa schedule:

Away versus georgia tech--ooc game
home versus southern mississippi--rival gamed played every year
away versus north texas
away versus rice
home versus tulane
away versus tulsa
home versus army--flex game in conference
away versus colorado state--flex game out of conference
home versus delaware--c-usa championship game
away versus wyoming--mwc / c-usa championship game

Away versus louisville--ooc game
home versus miami
away versus kent state
home versus ohio
away versus buffalo
home versus toledo--flex game in conference
away versus georgia southern--flex game out of conference
home versus western michigan--mac championship game
home versus georgia state--sun belt / mac championship game

Away verus mississippi--ooc game
home versus florida atlantic
home versus western kentucky
away versus liberty
home versus jacksonville state--flex game in conference
away versus kent state--flex game out of conference
home versus troy--sun belt championship game
away versus akron--sun belt / mac championship game

example of usc's pac-12 schedule:

Home versus notre dame--aug 25th--ooc game
away versus michigan--sept 1st--ooc game
home versus arizona--sept 8th
away versus arizona state--sept 15th
home versus ucla--sept 22nd
away versus colorado--sept 29th
home versus utah--oct 6th
away versus oregon state--oct 13th
home versus stanford--oct 20th
away versus washington--oct 27th
home versus oregon--pac-12 championship game--nov 3rd
home versus ucla--first round of national tournament--nov 17th
usc versus oregon @ peach bowl in national quarterfinal game--dec 1st
usc versus alabama @ rose bowl in national semi-final game--dec 15th
usc versus lsu @sugar bowl in national championship game--jan 1st

big 10, big 12, pac 12, sec, and big east

8 conference games
2 out of conferences games
1 championship game

remaining teams can accept bids to current bowls

mwc / c-usa 1 automatic bid
big east 2 automatic bids
big 12 3 automatic bids
pac 12 3 automatic bids
big 10 3 automatic bids
sec 3 automatic bids

round of 16--eight home games to highest seeds

3. Alabama v 14. Louisville (big east)
4. Arkansas v 13. Boston college (big east)
7. Usc v 10. Ucla
8. Texas v 9. Wisconsin

round of 8--bowl sites

1. Lsu v 8. Ohio state @ cotton bowl
2. Oregon v 7. Usc @ peach bowl
3. Alabama v 5. Florida state @ gator bowl
4. Arkansas v 6. Texas @ orange bowl

round of 4--bowl sites--rotation between the 3 sites

1. Lsu v 4. Texas @ fiesta bowl
2. Alabama v 3. Usc @ rose bowl

national championship

1. Lsu v 2. Usc @ sugar bowl

ndsubison1
06-20-2012, 12:44 AM
i am speechless

coldspot
06-20-2012, 01:00 AM
i am speechless

gentlemen, which brings me to my next point: don't smoke crack

BadlandsBison
06-20-2012, 03:32 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/217/262/2u5u8wi.gif

CaBisonFan
06-20-2012, 04:33 AM
We belong in the Big 12.

skunkapekiller
05-02-2023, 09:41 PM
I made a Google presentation...easier to follow along.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PG53bwd_jSULLtEU2LO0sU09Dd54coY1S1asvrPuvk0/edit?usp=sharing

skunkapekiller
05-02-2023, 09:49 PM

BigHorns
05-02-2023, 10:08 PM
I made a Google presentation...easier to follow along.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PG53bwd_jSULLtEU2LO0sU09Dd54coY1S1asvrPuvk0/edit?usp=sharing

Quite the manifesto, merging all of FCS with FBS.
Please explain why NDSU would be "silver" level instead of "gold" in this scenario ?

skunkapekiller
05-02-2023, 10:10 PM
location?
remember it's just the formula...you tell me where ndsu and new mexico state belong?

skunkapekiller
05-02-2023, 10:12 PM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WwMtc5nK4MHJWdNwb6y1fAPWaI0YkJYu_eJOM_oWMDU/edit?usp=sharing

first rule of my manifesto..."dont get caught up in which school is in which conference!"

BigHorns
05-02-2023, 10:34 PM
location?
remember it's just the formula...you tell me where ndsu and new mexico state belong?

You are a Wyoming fan I take it?

I find it more likely "Gold", "Silver" and "Bronze" levels will become separate subdivisions than unite under one system.
FBS schools aren't likely to welcome Austin Peay, Sacred Heart and Incarnate Word to the dance.

You are talking about combining schools that spend less than $1 million with those spending $100 million.
The bronze teams would lose 200-0 to Georgia.

skunkapekiller
05-02-2023, 10:45 PM
not a wyoming fan...if i was they would be in the big 12 in my manifesto...but they are what they are...small state, small city, and a smallish university
north carolina basketball has no problem playing in the same "division" as utah tech and davidson?

BigHorns
05-02-2023, 11:08 PM
not a wyoming fan...if i was they would be in the big 12 in my manifesto...but they are what they are...small state, small city, and a smallish university
north carolina basketball has no problem playing in the same "division" as utah tech and davidson?

Your deck has Wyoming beating Georgia, Sagarin says they would get destroyed.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

SoCalBison
05-03-2023, 12:31 AM
Ummm... whatever else it is you're avoiding by putting all of this together can't possibly be that horrible. Just do it. (And Wyoming would not beat NDSU 51-14 or whatever you modeled.)

skunkapekiller
05-03-2023, 02:23 AM
Ummm... whatever else it is you're avoiding by putting all of this together can't possibly be that horrible. Just do it. (And Wyoming would not beat NDSU 51-14 or whatever you modeled.)

didnt ndsu just lose to fcs sdsu 45-21 and give up 500 plus yard of offense...but whatever it's the formula.

heffray
05-03-2023, 02:31 AM
Guy hasn’t posted in 11 years and here we go. #BringBackTatanka #Hope

skunkapekiller
05-03-2023, 02:39 AM
kinda came up with idea when ndsu was just starting to dominate fcs...alot of people wanted the carson teams to play someone tougher than iowa state or kansas...would've been fun to see ndsu as a 14, 15, or 16 seed and see what some of those teams could've done in a one and done game against bama, ndame, or lsu back in the day.

heffray
05-03-2023, 02:41 AM
kinda came up with idea when ndsu was just starting to dominate fcs...alot of people wanted the carson teams to play someone tougher than iowa state or kansas...would've been fun to see ndsu as a 14, 15, or 16 seed and see what some of those teams could've done in a one and done game against bama, ndame, or lsu back in the day.

And here you are… 10 years later… Man, we could’ve used you back then. It’s like we’ve never thought of this stuff before…

skunkapekiller
05-03-2023, 02:47 AM
how else would a school like wyoming or ndsu or coastal carolina get a seat at the table of a 4, 8, or 16 team true d1 national tourney? this is the only way ive ever seen.

El_Chapo
05-03-2023, 02:47 AM

Here is 10000+ posts talking about it Bro'sef.. knock yourself out

Click.here. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33988-A-new-and-better-FBS-thread/page272&highlight=thread

skunkapekiller
05-03-2023, 02:52 AM
10k posts about fcs or fbs....so coastal carolina and liberty go fbs...then what...are their fans happy with obscure bowl games? i guess. but show me where a formula where non p5 schools even get a sniff of being invited to a national tourney? nowhere. except my formula.

TAILG8R
05-03-2023, 03:10 AM
10k posts about fcs or fbs....so coastal carolina and liberty go fbs...then what...are their fans happy with obscure bowl games? i guess. but show me where a formula where non p5 schools even get a sniff of being invited to a national tourney? nowhere. except my formula.

What rock have you been under????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skunkapekiller
05-03-2023, 03:15 AM
no rock...got bored and put my manifesto into the googles so it's easier to follow.

El_Chapo
05-03-2023, 03:36 AM
no rock...got bored and put my manifesto into the googles so it's easier to follow.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS 1 G5 TEAM GUARANTEED MY BOIIII NDSU could be that 1 EASILY! but our ADMIN sucks

BigHorns
05-03-2023, 04:54 AM
What rock have you been under????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, he is mostly right about schools like Liberty, Marshall, App St, etc.

Basically if you say "P6" instead of P5 and lump the AAC together with them like his first slide, only 2 other schools from his Silver tier conferences would have made it the past 10 years under the new CFP model.

Its theoretically G5 "access", but in practice a lot of those schools don't have an equal/fair chance today.
I don't see the P5 having any motivation to change this. It will never be like the NCAA tourneys.

BigHorns
05-03-2023, 05:36 AM

Depends how you look at the AAC. Expanded CFP will essentially make the G5 NY6 bowl slot a CFP slot.
This year Tulane would have been in. Prior years would have included UCF, Houston, Cincinnati.

Boise would have made it back in 2014, though ranked #20.
WMU would have made it in 2016, ranked #15.

But I think most years it will be a top 12 level team.
Tulane or another AAC team would be the favorite to get it again this year, though maybe with some luck an SBC team like Troy slips in.
Everyone else in G5 is pretty much a long shot this year at NY6.

Buthockey
05-03-2023, 11:08 AM
I hit a skunk with my pickup yesterday eh

runtheoption
05-03-2023, 12:49 PM
To be fair...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G19B7lTgwCE

skunkapekiller
05-04-2023, 12:54 AM
i think the p5 motivation is a tourney that mimics the frenzy that march madness is....2 teams from a pool of 128 teams with a field of 16 isn't asking too much imo considering that those 2 schools WON their way there instead of a committee choosing who THEY think is a better matchup or a better national name for tv ratings...win your in.

even if the 1v16 and 2v15 are blowouts they are still a home game in tuscaloosa and athens on a saturday in the fall with a lot of money being made....and an experience the smaller school players will never forget...imagine being rhode island playing at alabama or ndsu playing at georgia...then imagine if they actually win!

BigHorns
05-04-2023, 04:21 PM
i think the p5 motivation is a tourney that mimics the frenzy that march madness is....2 teams from a pool of 128 teams with a field of 16 isn't asking too much imo considering that those 2 schools WON their way there instead of a committee choosing who THEY think is a better matchup or a better national name for tv ratings...win your in.

even if the 1v16 and 2v15 are blowouts they are still a home game in tuscaloosa and athens on a saturday in the fall with a lot of money being made....and an experience the smaller school players will never forget...imagine being rhode island playing at alabama or ndsu playing at georgia...then imagine if they actually win!

It's a fun proposal you put together here, but its not realistic.
The FCS teams generally don't generate enough revenue or media interest. FBS/P5 won't be willing to spread the money out with FCS teams.

Your proposal would reserve 4 bids for non-P5 teams, and also allow AAC to directly compete for a P5 bid.
Right now, there is really only 1 non-P5 bid, and if history holds true, that bid will most of the time go to AAC.

So you are replacing 1 out of 12 non-P5 bids with possibly 5 out of 16.
The P5 keep the same 11 bids they will get today, but welcome everyone else to the party? Will never happen that way.

The P5 control FBS financially (and legislatively), and simply won't let this occur.

skunkapekiller
05-07-2023, 01:31 AM
There are about 20 conferences in the ncaa men's tourney that probably have no business being in the tourney but they get an auto invite anyways...which is about 30%.
If in my plan 4 get in...that is 25%.

skunkapekiller
08-06-2023, 08:48 PM
if only people would have looked at my manifesto years ago we wouldn't be in this mess with conferences from the pacific to the atlantic....stupid

870XPRS
08-07-2023, 03:20 PM
skunkapekiller for president 2024.....start the campaign

SamsRams
08-07-2023, 04:36 PM
if only people would have looked at my manifesto years ago we wouldn't be in this mess with conferences from the pacific to the atlantic....stupid

Stupid is thinking tradition trumps money

Anyone older than 12 years should know money is king