PDA

View Full Version : Marathon Bison Block

HerdBot
05-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I know we talked about it last year but does anybody want to do a bison block for the marathon on May 19th? Anyone live on the Marathon path? Any parking lots available?

Im thinking Bison tents, tons of Bison yard signs and flags , & mandatory green & gold. People could park cool Bison rigs on cross streets? Basically a tailgating event

Ideas?

Tatanka
05-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Now this is a thread worth starting (perhaps not in the football forum but hey). I'd be in for sure.

HerdBot
05-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Now this is a thread worth starting (perhaps not in the football forum but hey). I'd be in for sure.

I figure the football forum is the most viewed and not everyone knows how to use the today's posts thread. We need as many people as possible to start planning. We discussed last year but 2 days notice wasn't enough

Da Bison
05-09-2012, 04:46 PM
I was going to offer our house, right on the route, but we are under remodeling mode and the wife would probably kill me if I invited all of Bisonville over.

HerdBot
05-09-2012, 06:33 PM
There is a church on south university that has a giant parking lot facing the runners. Last year Froggy set up there. Not sure what church it is though. May be a good spot. Ill check it out

gotts
05-09-2012, 06:34 PM
There is a church on south university that has a giant parking lot facing the runners. Last year Froggy set up there. Not sure what church it is though. May be a good spot. Ill check it out

Is it Olivet you're talking about?

HerdBot
05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Is it Olivet you're talking about?

No its Nativity but olivett is more visibility does the Marathon go by it?

roadwarrior
05-09-2012, 08:26 PM
No its Nativity but olivett is more visibility does the Marathon go by it?

No

http://fargomarathon.com/images/coursemaps/24x36_Combined_Map_2012_5912.pdf

BISONBRI53
05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I know we talked about it last year but does anybody want to do a bison block for the marathon on May 19th? Anyone live on the Marathon path? Any parking lots available?

Im thinking Bison tents, tons of Bison yard signs and flags , & mandatory green & gold. People could park cool Bison rigs on cross streets? Basically a tailgating event

Ideas?

Count our group in!

HerdBot
05-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Count our group in!

I emailed Nativity to make sure grills are ok and to double check to make sure its still running by the church. Ill post the response

HerdBot
05-10-2012, 05:07 PM
I emailed Nativity to make sure grills are ok and to double check to make sure its still running by the church. Ill post the response

Emailed them back and we cant do it. Well need to find another spot. Maybe on public property with a permit?

Here is their response

" It is a wonderful idea, however I am sorry but there really isn't space to do grilling. We are the 3rd relay station on the Marathon route and most of our boulevard space will be used for the exchange. As a result, the parking lot will be full of vehicles.

In addition diocesan policy requires that you carry a million dollar insurance policy (no I am not kidding on the amount) to be on our grounds doing what you propose.

Further, we are setting up for a all school 50th reunion that will hosted on our grounds later that day."

Any ideas??

EndZoneQB
05-10-2012, 06:32 PM
There is a church on 9th st and 5th ave so, not sure what will be set up there, or if that is the church you are talking about, but I know last year or the year before there definitely was not anything there.

Just looked it up, Grace Lutheran Church.

HerdBot
05-10-2012, 07:36 PM
There is a church on 9th st and 5th ave so, not sure what will be set up there, or if that is the church you are talking about, but I know last year or the year before there definitely was not anything there.

Just looked it up, Grace Lutheran Church.

Is it grace Lutheran? 821 5th Ave S, Fargo, ND
Edit: i just shot them an email

EndZoneQB
05-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Is it grace Lutheran? 821 5th Ave S, Fargo, ND
Edit: i just shot them an email

It's not a big parking lot, but it's right between the two routes so you can see runners come by both directions by moving like 10 feet.

We drank there a couple years ago as my buddy lives across the street(convenient parking for parties). Storytime: We were there drinking for the marathon, I was drinking Cabo Wabo in a McDonalds cup and the drunk joke of the day was offering it to runners, a couple took it....except this one guy chugged the WHOLE damn thing just as I made a new drink. I felt bad for him, but it was insanely legendary. I'm like you know that's tequila right?? "Yessss, it was tasty" as he keeps running and chugs the cup in one drink

/cool story bro

mebisonII
05-11-2012, 06:45 PM
It's not a big parking lot, but it's right between the two routes so you can see runners come by both directions by moving like 10 feet.

We drank there a couple years ago as my buddy lives across the street(convenient parking for parties). Storytime: We were there drinking for the marathon, I was drinking Cabo Wabo in a McDonalds cup and the drunk joke of the day was offering it to runners, a couple took it....except this one guy chugged the WHOLE damn thing just as I made a new drink. I felt bad for him, but it was insanely legendary. I'm like you know that's tequila right?? "Yessss, it was tasty" as he keeps running and chugs the cup in one drink

/cool story bro

I ran a half marathon once. It hurt. At about the 10 mile mark, if someone offered me a drink, I might have taken it on the off-chance it would numb the pain :)

VanClubPres
05-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Ran the two person relay a couple of years/pant sizes ago, bout mile 8 for me, 18 or so total, there was a group handing out cups of beer. Ran past, processed the sign and turned around and went back for a Dixie cup of MGD. Totally worth it.

HerdBot
05-18-2012, 02:08 PM
I couldnt secure anything officially but there are miles of places to go. I encourage everyone to go out and participate in events. Its awesome. I ran a few years ago and I can tell you the crowd participation, cheering, bands, and signs are big time motivaters. Nobody wants to walk by a crowd of people. The vibes and ele tricity are great. You can move into the dome too. Its run running through the finish line to a roaring crowd. This is good for the community

HerdBot
05-18-2012, 02:12 PM
I ran a half marathon once. It hurt. At about the 10 mile mark, if someone offered me a drink, I might have taken it on the off-chance it would numb the pain :)

Funny but you actually get a beer at tbe finish line this year. Problem is its a Michelob