PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 5/4 news, and a wierd one.

Buffalo.Rider
05-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Some interesting news this week end.

Fitzke ran another 3:46 1500m, this one at the Bill Hayes Invitational. Extrapolated to the mile, that is about a 4:03 ... his third 4:03 in the last month. His 1600m leg in the Distance medley at Drake was likely around that time as well.

A 7ft. 5in. high jump in Fargo ... by Trevor Barry ... a Bahamian. This is 4 inches above the NDSU school record, and is a heck of a leap. (Is he training in Fargo?)

NDSU has another sub 1:50 ... 800m runner ... Moses Heppner. That is five now. Very impressive.

Casey Orgon upped his school record in the Hammer throw.

Emily Lesser ... is on Hammer, Shot, and Discus lists now ... if she keeps improving as she has, she may end up owning the school records in all three ... also very impressive.

And the wierd one, from gobison.com, this news item:
"Ashlynn Simon and Faith Kruchowski competed in the 800 meters at the Bill Hayes Invitational at Indiana University Friday night [5/4/12]. Due to an error with the starting line, the race was only 780 meters." On the Bill Hayes website, it says that they (along with about 6 other runners) scratched.

semobison
05-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Barry was the NAIA national champion at Dickinson State and is one of the favorites for a medal in London this summer.

Buffalo.Rider
05-06-2012, 03:19 PM
That is interesting about Barry. Dickinson State gets a really good athlete nowand then. Awhile ago, I browsed their school records and they have some impressive performances. I believe Bruce Whiting (former coach at Bismarck, from long ago) went there, ran a 47 something 440 yards as part of a mile relay.

BadlandsBison
05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
That is interesting about Barry. Dickinson State gets a really good athlete nowand then. Awhile ago, I browsed their school records and they have some impressive performances. I believe Bruce Whiting (former coach at Bismarck, from long ago) went there, ran a 47 something 440 yards as part of a mile relay.

I think its easier for the foreign athletes to get into naia than ncaa. Some of Dickinsons track records are quite a bit better than ndsu's, which is weird to me

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

sambini
05-07-2012, 02:13 AM

Bruce was a former Dickinson State athlete. Also was a successful coach at Bismarck High. And then coached the NDSU Bison.