PDA

View Full Version : How about Shamen & Cinque?

ndsubison
01-22-2007, 02:32 AM
How is Shamen's knee injury progressing and how are Chapman's grades coming along? Will we be able to watch them in action next year? I for one hope so. Just think of we had Shamen on special teams this past year?? :o :o

coloradobison
01-22-2007, 02:38 AM
I wonder also, but Travis White did a pretty excellent job this year also.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-22-2007, 03:54 AM
Travis did an admirable job, but he just doesn't have that explosive second gear that Shamen does. Hopefully he's healthy for this year.

TheDoctor
01-22-2007, 04:40 PM
How is Shamen's knee injury progressing and how are Chapman's grades coming along? *Will we be able to watch them in action next year? *I for one hope so. *Just think of we had Shamen on special teams this past year?? :o :o

Shamen is cutting all over the floor in both my elementary and middle school activity classes. You'd never be able to tell he was injured before. Jangula actually is also becoming more mobile. He is participating in some activities, but doing ABSOLUTELY NO cutting or dodging.

Bisondad
01-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Travis did an admirable job, but he just doesn't have that explosive second gear that Shamen does. *Hopefully he's healthy for this year.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were you at the SDSU game?????????????????

Scooter
01-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Boy, I'm sure going to miss watching Travis White play football, he is going to be remembered as one of NDSU's best.

Gamehunter
01-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Travis did an admirable job, but he just doesn't have that explosive second gear that Shamen does. Hopefully he's healthy for this year.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Were you at the SDSU game?????????????????

Travis had an excellent game against SDSU, but there is no mistaking TW for Shamen on returns. Hell, there is no mistaking anobody for Shamen on returns, he is just that good....it's not a knock to any other player.

ndsubison
01-23-2007, 12:19 AM
How is Shamen's knee injury progressing and how are Chapman's grades coming along? *Will we be able to watch them in action next year? *I for one hope so. *Just think of we had Shamen on special teams this past year?? :o :o

Shamen is cutting all over the floor in both my elementary and middle school activity classes. *You'd never be able to tell he was injured before. *Jangula actually is also becoming more mobile. *He is participating in some activities, but doing ABSOLUTELY NO cutting or dodging. *

I am not surprised to hear that Shamen is doing well with his rehab. I also experienced a torn meniscus and, although very painful, it's not as bad as a torn ACL/MCL and the recovery time is a lot less. Case in point, the doctors told me to expect to be down for 5-6 wks but I was fortunate enough to come back in 3 wks. After the initial layoff, it's simply a matter of flexibility and strength training, at least in my case. Looking fwd to seeing Mr Washington returning kicks in 2007!! 8-) 8-)

GO BISON!!!

NDSUFREAK10
01-23-2007, 02:10 AM
Explosiveness will have a new name when Shamen starts to return kicks again in the FFD.

Gamehunter
01-23-2007, 05:23 AM
I can't wait to SEE what the Gopher fans think of the guy. 8-)

CaBisonFan
01-23-2007, 06:31 AM
I can't wait to SEE what the Gopher fans think of the guy. * 8-)

Will he be a receiver also? I've never had the good fortune to see him play.

CaBisonFan
01-23-2007, 06:32 AM
I wonder also, but Travis White did a pretty excellent job this year also.

No reflection on Shaman at all...but a few of Travis White's runs will always be in my memory. He was a man with a mission.

ndsubison
01-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Boy, I'm sure going to miss watching Travis White play football, he is going to be remembered as one of NDSU's best. *

Definately! My two all-time favorites were the catch that beat Montana and the screen pass against Ball State where he took it to the house. Also, don't forget the catch that would have beaten the Gophers were it not for a tripping penalty or whatever bullshit that was. Either way, Travis will be missed.

SDbison
01-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Boy, I'm sure going to miss watching Travis White play football, he is going to be remembered as one of NDSU's best. *

Definately! *My two all-time favorites were the catch that beat Montana and the screen pass against Ball State where he took it to the house. *Also, don't forget the catch that would have beaten the Gophers were it not for a tripping penalty or whatever bullshit that was. *Either way, Travis will be missed.

How about a clutch catch Travis made accross the middle during one of comeback drives against UC- Davis. The Davis defender put a big hit on him but he still held on. If you look back on the year Travis was the go to guy on many key scores, and 3rd and 4th down situations. He will be missed. Hopefully one the returning receivers steps it up this year and can become just as reliable.

SDbison
01-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I know this should be a separate topic, but is there any chance Travis will get to play in the NFL? Will he get drafted in the later rounds?

2006gwfcchamps
01-23-2007, 04:10 PM
My two all-time favorites were the catch that beat Montana and the screen pass against Ball State where he took it to the house.

Wasn't it Mike Wieser who caught the pass from Rod Malone in Missoula?

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-23-2007, 04:14 PM
I am not surprised to hear that Shamen is doing well with his rehab. *I also experienced a torn meniscus and, although very painful, it's not as bad as a torn ACL/MCL and the recovery time is a lot less. Case in point, the doctors told me to expect to be down for 5-6 wks but I was fortunate enough to come back in 3 wks. *After the initial layoff, it's simply a matter of flexibility and strength training, at least in my case. *Looking fwd to seeing Mr Washington returning kicks in 2007!! 8-) 8-)

GO BISON!!!

There are two different surgical options for a torn meniscus: the one you describe which is a repair and has 4-6 weeks of non-weight bearing recovery, after which it is full speed ahead. The other one (unfortunately I've had both), is just a removal of the torn cartilage, which allows for rapid recovery (I was walking the next day, running within a week). Hopefully he got repaired though and can sidestep the side effects of having the cartilage removed.

HerdBot
01-23-2007, 04:24 PM

Shamen was originally a runningback and was moved to receiver last year because we had too many backs and not enough receivers.

The situation has changed so why not put him back at runningback? He is a great change of pace / 3rd down back. The more touches the better.

His knee should be in great shape. It usually takes a year to fully recover but since he's light and it happened in the spring, he should be back at 100%. Now if he was a big dude he would take longer to recover.

mikelsch
01-23-2007, 07:27 PM
I would imagine that Shamen will get used like Reggie Bush is at New Orleans...mostly lining up in the slot or out wide, and sometimes in the backfield. No doubt that Perles will get creative with him.

Return punts
Return kickoffs (lined up with Majeski) ---> Not desirable to kick to either guy
And get about 5 touches/game on offense, and used even more as a decoy

Cinque is enrolled in school ---> it would be really nice for Cinque (and the team) to return

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-24-2007, 05:16 AM
If it takes you a year to reurn from meniscus surgery (is that what Shamen even had?) then you have serious toughness issues. Regarding his deployment, I like the idea of him in the slot and catching the ball out of the backfield with a couple carries mixed in on occaision. I'm not so sure he'd be a good third down back because, while he has excellent speed and is a good reciever, if he is on the field he has to run a route because at 145-150 pounds he certainly isn't picking up the blitz if he stays in.

HerdBot
01-24-2007, 05:37 AM
If it takes you a year to reurn from meniscus surgery (is that what Shamen even had?) then you have serious toughness issues. *Regarding his deployment, I like the idea of him in the slot and catching the ball out of the backfield with a couple carries mixed in on occaision. *I'm not so sure he'd be a good third down back because, while he has excellent speed and is a good reciever, if he is on the field he has to run a route because at 145-150 pounds he certainly isn't picking up the blitz if he stays in.

I heard he blew his knee out but I never read details. If it's an ACL/MCL, You can recover from it in less than a year. That's not the problem. You can perform the first year but the knee is not as explosive as it was pre injury.

It's the 2nd season after a serious knee injury that the knee regains full explosivess. Shamen lucked out because it happened before the 2006 season started so by the time the 2007 season starts, it will have been nearly 1 1/2 years and he should be back to 100%,

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Well if it is either an ACL, MCL or both then he is definitely going to have some continuing work to do on that knee. Either way, I think he is going to be a major weapon this upcoming season.

99Bison
01-24-2007, 06:15 AM
It was just meniscus for Shamen, not acl/mcl.

Mr._Bill
01-26-2007, 05:09 AM
When you think Travis White, you have to think "Bubble Screen" as in BALL STATE for the win!!!!! That game will go down in my memory.

Bisonguy
01-26-2007, 07:50 PM
When you think Travis White, you have to think "Bubble Screen" as in BALL STATE for the win!!!!! *That game will go down in my memory.

I thought that play was a tunnel screen. :-?

Gamehunter
01-26-2007, 08:54 PM
well, whatever it was it was a good one ;D

CaBisonFan
01-26-2007, 09:49 PM

Definately! *My two all-time favorites were the catch that beat Montana and the screen pass against Ball State where he took it to the house. *Also, don't forget the catch that would have beaten the Gophers were it not for a tripping penalty or whatever bullshit that was. *Either way, Travis will be missed.

How about a clutch catch Travis made accross the middle during one of comeback drives against UC- Davis. *The Davis defender put a big hit on him but he still held on. *If you look back on the year Travis was the go to guy on many key scores, and 3rd and 4th down situations. *He will be missed. *Hopefully one the returning receivers steps it up this year and can become just as reliable. * *

Yeah...there were a lot of ultra-clutch catches made by Travis. Wasn't there one toward the end of the SDSU game too? A long run after a type of screen pass. Not sure what that play is called, but it looks kind of like a 'pick.'

sambini
01-27-2007, 01:09 AM
Good luck to Shamen and Cinque +++++

tony
01-27-2007, 07:08 AM
If Shamen played on one leg, he still could make 50% of defenders miss him.

Mr._Burgundy
01-27-2007, 03:49 PM
B1SON....can Shamen dunk a basketball? See you tonight at the game.

Snoop-a-Loop
01-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Is Cinque even enrolled at NDSU???

I hope they move Shamen into the same role as Travis White played.

Jeffdaryl3rd
01-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I think someone posted on here earlier that he was enrolled and taking classes.

RedRiver
02-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Doesn't look lke Cinque Chapman will be playing football anymore for NDSU. Good thing we signed some RBs today.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

DIBISON
02-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Now the Bison sure don't have alot of proven depth at runningback.

NDSUFREAK10
02-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Its a shame that he wont be playing. He was a good player.

2006gwfcchamps
02-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Now I am starting to wonder why the Kansas JUCO RB wasn't mentioned in the GoBison NLI release. The 3 preferred walkons didn't sign NLIs, but they got a mention.

DenverBison05
02-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Now I am starting to wonder why the Kansas JUCO RB wasn't mentioned in the GoBison NLI release. The 3 preferred walkons didn't sign NLIs, but they got a mention.

Listening to the press confrenece it sounds like he hasn't committed yet, but we are still going after him. Bohl stated he expected a couple of more commitments this year.

Scooter
02-07-2007, 11:22 PM

Listening to the press confrenece it sounds like he hasn't committed yet, but we are still going after him. *Bohl stated he expected a couple of more commitments this year.

With Chapman probably gone, we need this kid. The situation certainly isn't dire, but we do need him.

2006gwfcchamps
02-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Hmm, I wonder if he was talking about WLA?

DenverBison05
02-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Hmm, I wonder if he was talking about WLA?

He wouldn't even talk about that situation. Guessing because of the NCAA rules regarding non-JC transfers.

BisonVifte
02-08-2007, 12:35 AM
They said they got the letter late this afternoon.

sambini
02-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Its a done deal . Showed clip of him on WDAY hmm .. got speed...

Bison13
02-08-2007, 04:35 AM
Of who?

tony
02-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Paschall (the JUCO RB) did end up sending in his paperwork - that's who they are talking about.

2006gwfcchamps
02-08-2007, 02:54 PM
Ok, that's good.

Blincoe as the starter with Paschall getting good reps and Brower as back up/3rd down/short yardage seems like the way to go.

Redshirt Voigtlander and McNorton unless we get injuries.

tcbison
02-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Ok, that's good.

Blincoe as the starter with Paschall getting good reps and Brower as back up/3rd down/short yardage seems like the way to go.

Roehl and Jangula will be back at FB. I am sure they will do somethings to make sure Roehl is on the field. I wonder if either could line up at TE at times.

Bison13
02-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Isnt there supposed to be a highlight tape comming for DJ?

BisonNeil
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Ok, that's good.

I like the Blincoe/Paschall/Brower TB combo, with TylerX2 at FB. I really think the true Fr should be red-shirted so they are around for all four years of playoff football, rather than three. This is still a transition year, why play all the cards?

99Bison
02-09-2007, 01:49 AM
Because we want the cards to have a year of experience going into first eligable season... That will help. Depending on the others I am thinking Brower *may* move back to LB... Then again lots of LB's now too.

Leonardite
02-09-2007, 02:22 AM
My two all-time favorites were the catch that beat Montana and the screen pass against Ball State where he took it to the house. *

Wasn't it Mike Wieser who caught the pass from Rod Malone in Missoula?

Yes it was.

Jeffdaryl3rd
02-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Ok, that's good.

Roehl and Jangula will be back at FB. I am sure they will do somethings to make sure Roehl is on the field. I wonder if either could line up at TE at times.

I think that Jangula could line up out there from time to time, but at 5-10, 230 I'm not sure Roehl really has the size to fit there.

coloradobison
02-09-2007, 11:25 PM
personally i think Roehl sees a decent amount of time at halfback this year, and hopefully he can remain healthy for the season.

NDSUstudent
02-10-2007, 12:06 AM
I don't see Brower going back to LB, especially with Matt Anderson moving into the rotation. I think Brower has a role in being a short yardage and run out the clock type RB. You give defenses a steady diet of Blincoe, Roehl and Paschall and bring a fresh Brower in during the 4th to just run them over.

Scooter
02-10-2007, 12:07 AM
Did anyone catch the jab that McFooley gave when he said we missed out on Dressler when we signed Shamen Washington? I think this is probably the first time that a reporter has ever implied that a school was missing out when they signed an all-american. McFooley does realize that Shamen was a pre-season all american punt returner in FCS last year, doesn't he?

Dressler is good....but Washington is no slouch.

NDSUstudent
02-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Imagine if we had both of them, put them both back there for kickoffs and opposing coaches would be having nightmares about it all week long. That said I don't think Bohl made a mistake, both those guys are very explosive players.

Mr._Bill
02-10-2007, 02:20 AM
Before Jangula went down, he was the man. It is good to know that both Jangula and Roehl will be on duty next year. You don't find too many guys as multi-talented as Jangula. He can carry it, catch it, block, and I love his size. Glad his will be back!

Scooter
02-10-2007, 02:48 AM
The one thing that I think that is going to be an eye opener for these new backs is how powerful the backs that we have are. Roehl, Jangula, and Brower are three of the toughest backs we have had in years. Kind of reminds me of a bunch of Chad Starks.

gobison1
02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I agree Scooter. Shamen is not big enough to carry the ball in D-I football and Chapman's attitude is going to keep him from seeing any playing time. Roehl's intesity on the football field is worth the price of admission!

heymch86
02-12-2007, 08:41 PM
What about Kittelson? Think he'll get any time at RB/FB again or will he be strictly a LB?

Bison_Dan
02-12-2007, 08:50 PM
What about Kittelson? Think he'll get any time at RB/FB again or will he be strictly a LB?

I doubt he'll see much time if Paschall works out like the coaches expect him to.

coloradobison
02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
one has to hope that paschall can step right in and contribute next fall, and probably backup and spell Blincoe. its too bad paschall couldnt get enrolled this spring and play spring ball and get to learn the offense, hopefully he will come up this summer and work with the guys and get into the system.

Bison_Dan
02-12-2007, 10:42 PM
one has to hope that paschall can step right in and contribute next fall, and probably backup and spell Blincoe. its too bad paschall couldnt get enrolled this spring and play spring ball and get to learn the offense, hopefully he will come up this summer and work with the guys and get into the system.

Coach Vigen said at Teammakers Lunchen that he has to finish his school semester. He plans to be in Fargo in June for workouts.