PDA

View Full Version : Two Former NDSU Football Coaches Names Worst Ever at a BCS School

BisonNeil
04-28-2012, 03:46 PM
The source of the information below is not from a new article, posted last November, but I found it interesting. It names the worst ever coach of every BCS football program, two of which were former NDSU coaches. I apologize if this has been posted previously.

Darrell Mudra was named the worst coach in the history of Florida State.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/949886-college-football-the-worst-coach-in-the-history-of-every-bcs-program?utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=bestof#/articles/949886-college-football-the-worst-coach-in-the-history-of-every-bcs-program/page/16

Jim Wacker voted worst coach at Minnesota (can't believe it, there are so many others that were worse in my mind, including Punky Brewster).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/949886-college-football-the-worst-coach-in-the-history-of-every-bcs-program?utm_source=outbrain.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=bestof#/articles/949886-college-football-the-worst-coach-in-the-history-of-every-bcs-program/page/32

I am a bit surprised that Don Morton wasn't voted the worst coach at Wisconsin. Jim Coatta was the choice, after going 3-26-1, but Morton had to be close at 6-27 in his career.

Interestingly, Jerry Moore was voted worst coach in Texas Tech's history. One of the pieces of evidence that proves the author is a bit clueless is he says Moore had had considerable success at DII Appy State.

HandoEX
04-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Wacker
Won 29% of games
Won 20% of B10 games
Highest win total: 4
0 Bowl appearances

Brewster
Won 33% of games
Won 22% of B10 games
Highest win total: 7
2 Bowl appearances

Brewster did more than Wacker. Both were awful at Minnesota though.

taper
04-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Without reading the whole slideshow and fact checking, it looks like they just took the coach with the worst record. No attempt to consider that coach hired to turn around a struggling program is going to have a poor record the first few years, or the difference between losing 6 games in a year by one score each vs 2 blowouts by an FCS. Lazy reporters.

HandoEX
04-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Without reading the whole slideshow and fact checking, it looks like they just took the coach with the worst record. No attempt to consider that coach hired to turn around a struggling program is going to have a poor record the first few years, or the difference between losing 6 games in a year by one score each vs 2 blowouts by an FCS. Lazy reporters.
So you are assuming that the writers are assuming, essentially? That is a funny post.

taper
04-28-2012, 04:33 PM
So you are assuming that the writers are assuming, essentially? That is a funny post.

From the first page of the article:

Keep in mind that this is just a record of how the coach performed while he was at the given school.

On the surface my post does seem a little hypocritical.

onbison09
04-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Well it's Bleacher Report so......

HandoEX
04-28-2012, 09:55 PM
From the first page of the article:

On the surface my post does seem a little hypocritical.
I interpreted that as they only took into account how the coach did at that particular school and they didn't consider any successes the coach had at other schools.

THEsocalledfan
05-03-2012, 03:18 PM
You have to wonder if this type of stuff makes Bohl pretty happy to be King of Fargo. Although, I am sure if Wisconsin or Florida St. came knocking, he'd be gone pretty fast.....

mebisonII
05-04-2012, 05:04 PM
You have to wonder if this type of stuff makes Bohl pretty happy to be King of Fargo. Although, I am sure if Wisconsin or Florida St. came knocking, he'd be gone pretty fast.....

You can get paid pretty well to be the worst ever coach of a BCS school, these days (not saying Bohl would be one of the worst).