PDA

View Full Version : Phil Haig Gophs= NDSU??  

lakesbison
02-09-2007, 03:13 AM
http://www.startribune.com/512/story/985783.html

after backing out with the gophs after the coaches son came, HOW DO WE SIGN HIM?

Vigen!!! get on the phone!!!

that would be an absolute steal.!!

TAILG8R
02-09-2007, 03:34 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/toliot/1.gif

SirHinn
02-09-2007, 05:01 AM

after backing out with the gophs after the coaches son came, HOW DO WE SIGN HIM?

Vigen!!! *get on the phone!!!

As much of a steal as he would be, no way he'll end up at NDSU. There is too much interest in him amongst the Big 10.

2006gwfcchamps
02-09-2007, 03:59 PM
You never know.

I would agree that he is a Big 10 caliber player.

Would be a great catch!

lakesbison
02-09-2007, 04:20 PM
right now PHIL is pissed as HELL.

might be a good way to get him to NDSU.

silkamilkamonico
02-09-2007, 07:48 PM
right now PHIL is pissed as HELL.

might be a good way to get him to NDSU.

Let me guess. You talk to him personally too?

jaredboe
02-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Lakes is starting to sound like Sid with all his close personal friends!

ACES1180
02-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Lakes is starting to sound like Sid with all his close personal friends!

At least Lakes doesn't hang out at Murray's Steakhouse and daydream about what it was like to be the "GM" of the Minneapolis Lakers. *;)

CaBisonFan
02-10-2007, 07:07 AM

Good post...he sounds like a kid that wants a big-name college...but I agree that he would be a big catch. Crazier things have happened. It's already getting a little late for some of the blue chippers. SU would be a good option...but I'm not holding my breath.

CaBisonFan
02-10-2007, 07:15 AM

Don't listen to the criticism lakes. Keep writing. People have the option to 'not read' whatever they choose. I like your postings. If I didn't, I wouldn't read them.

Jeffdaryl3rd
02-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Haig decommitted because Brewster's kid (one heck of a QB by the way) switched his commitment to the Gophers, so he would have been one of three QB's coming in. One of the guys they signed is a mobile guy who is a candidate for a position change, so I'm guessing either Brewster talks him into staying home or he goes to another big Ten school. Would be quite the steal for us though.

bisonfan59
02-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Haig decommitted because Brewster's kid (one heck of a QB by the way) switched his commitment to the Gophers, so he would have been one of three QB's coming in. *One of the guys they signed is a mobile guy who is a candidate for a position change, so I'm guessing either Brewster talks him into staying home or he goes to another big Ten school. *Would be quite the steal for us though.

The third quarterback also did not sign wth the gophers, he signed with Toldeo instead, so the only quarterback that they signed was Clint Brewster

Jeffdaryl3rd
02-11-2007, 01:18 AM
He was listed in the Star Tribune the other day, but I guess he changed his mind. Even with the Gophs only landing one QB, I think Haig would be smart to avoid the U at this point. Brewster is a good QB with an absolute rocket for an arm...oh yeah, he's also the coach's son. Good luck with that playing time situation.

Mr._Burgundy
02-11-2007, 02:45 AM
I would love to see Haig come to NDSU, but I still am waiting for Mertens to play. Kid was MR. Football in MN. Unlike basketball, you don't get backup minutes at QB. I think the lack of attention to the QB in recruiting this year speaks volumes toward what the coaches think of Nick. If he wasn't the guy waiting in the wings, we would have brought someone else in. Bohl clearly stated on Wednesday that we signed 18 of the 20 offers. The two that did not sign, were not quarterbacks, so we did not offer a quarterback. With all that said, he was Mr. Football, has been learning under a great staff and quite possibly the best Bison QB ever. (at least this style quarterback). Bring on the competition, but ever since Nick signed, I have been pulling for him. He could have played elsewhere quicker, but he took a challenge to sign here and be a backup for a while. He could still be our starter for his final two years. Again, I guess we know nothing and have to trust the coaches. I just thought the lack of a QB recruit meant we are high on what we have.

Panther_Hawk
02-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Haig decommitted because Brewster's kid (one heck of a QB by the way) switched his commitment to the Gophers, so he would have been one of three QB's coming in. *One of the guys they signed is a mobile guy who is a candidate for a position change, so I'm guessing either Brewster talks him into staying home or he goes to another big Ten school. *Would be quite the steal for us though.

The mobile guy switched too after Punkie B's kid committed. He went to Toledo, which is an upgrade from Murderapolis!

sambini
02-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Ron Zook of Illinois offered him on sunday. According to Sid in the Tribune today.

Bryan
02-13-2007, 03:53 AM
he signed with illinois today

TheDoctor
02-13-2007, 05:40 AM
So, with the addition of Brewster, Illinois and Minnesota did a QB swap. Minnesota stole Illinios, so Illionois took Minnesota's. :) Did I get that right?

sambini
02-13-2007, 08:37 AM
+++++++++

EndZoneRat
02-13-2007, 11:29 AM
I am sure NDSU was a close second. * He was probably pulling his hair out deciding between the two?

Bison_Dan
02-13-2007, 12:08 PM
I am sure NDSU was a close second. * He was probably pulling his hair out deciding between the two?

I'm sure he felt that he'd couldn't make the starting lineup with all the talent we have. ;D

Mr._Burgundy
02-14-2007, 12:37 AM
He will ride the pine behind "Juice" at Illinois. I think Juice was a true freshman last year. Good decision Phil!

Shawn-O
02-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Better than riding the pine behind two other freshmen.

TAILG8R
02-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah, how dare he make a decision to better himself in anyway he sees fit. :o

NDSU_grad
02-14-2007, 02:38 PM
He will ride the pine behind "Juice" at Illinois. *I think Juice was a true freshman last year. *Good decision Phil!
But he'll probably redshirt this year, and Juice will probably be gone after his junior year. I think he could have the chance to be a starter as a sophomore.