PDA

View Full Version : 740 the fan's site

tony
04-24-2012, 02:24 PM
I see that 740 changed their website (apparently in such a manner that they killed all their old links.)

Nothing "local" works as far as I can tell. Anybody else running into that?

I was really hoping for some post-Spring-game analysis and interviews. Maybe they'll show up in podcasts when they get the site working again.

HerdBot
04-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Their new site blows. Its basically a national espn cookie cutter site. I used to go there daily. If it doesn't change they have lost a life long fan.

North Side
04-24-2012, 02:53 PM
What the heck happened to 740 the fan? I haven't listened for a long time. Did espn buy the station? No more Power Trip,PA or Common ugh...

aces1180
04-24-2012, 02:59 PM
What the heck happened to 740 the fan? I haven't listened for a long time. Did espn buy the station? No more Power Trip,PA or Common ugh...

1660 used to have ESPN programming...Hopefully they are able to get KFAN's shows.

Edit: Nevermind...According to Wikipedia, 1660 is now True Oldies, but will still have Concordia and MSUM sports during the school year.

BISONBRI53
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
So where did ESPN radio move?

tony
04-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Can somebody in Fargo tune to 740 and say what's on the station?

Greenie
04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
So where did ESPN radio move?

I don't know if there is a better local signal for ESPN radio in Fargo, but right now I am tuned into a weaker signal (1520 AM).

I listened to the stupid powertrip idiots one day and now remember why I don't listen to them. Not interested in hearing about how the Twins and Wolves did last night for an hour, or how local teams are referred to as "we". Don't think that superstar Mike Morris currently plays for the Twins or Wolves.

roadwarrior
04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
PA talking Twins

tony
04-24-2012, 03:34 PM
PA talking Twins

Thanks! It sounds like it's just their website that is screwed up then.

IndyBison
04-24-2012, 03:38 PM
We have a local station that is the primary ESPN station but they also have local programming. They'll leverage the ESPN name as much as possible on their site so just because they have some ESPN programming doesn't mean they won't also use local shows.

Hoofbeats
04-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Late last week a number of local radio station format changes were announced, one of them being 1660 going to an all "oldies" format. Subsequently, Joel Heitkamp, Program Director for Ingstand Broadcasting here in Fargo announced that 740 would be picking up some of the ESPN programmming.

Who knows where all of this, with regard to the programs that used to be on both stations, will shake out.

BISONBRI53
04-24-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't know if there is a better local signal for ESPN radio in Fargo, but right now I am tuned into a weaker signal (1520 AM).

I listened to the stupid powertrip idiots one day and now remember why I don't listen to them. Not interested in hearing about how the Twins and Wolves did last night for an hour, or how local teams are referred to as "we". Don't think that superstar Mike Morris currently plays for the Twins or Wolves.

Thanks! That is what I have it on now too. Pretty week though. As long as I can listen to Mike and Mike and then Van Pelt on lunch break I am good. F the Twins and the Wolves and the Vikes!! :hide::biggrin:

Civil06
04-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Late last week a number of local radio station format changes were announced, one of them being 1660 going to an all "oldies" format. Subsequently, Joel Heitkamp, Program Director for Ingstand Broadcasting here in Fargo announced that 740 would be picking up some of the ESPN programmming.

Who knows where all of this, with regard to the programs that used to be on both stations, will shake out.

Article is here: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/358007/publisher_ID/1/

MN_BISON
04-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Pretty frickin Mickey Mouse by Radio Fargo Moorhead, christ, get your web site working and let people know wtf is going on......no podcasts available, no listen live options and we are supposed to take you serious? FAIL.

heffray
04-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks! That is what I have it on now too. Pretty week though. As long as I can listen to Mike and Mike and then Van Pelt on lunch break I am good. F the Twins and the Wolves and the Vikes!! :hide::biggrin:

Based on your avatar, i'd say you have "F-ed" one of those teams...

EndZoneQB
04-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Pretty frickin Mickey Mouse by Radio Fargo Moorhead, christ, get your web site working and let people know wtf is going on......no podcasts available, no listen live options and we are supposed to take you serious? FAIL.

Chill out. They said on the Noon show that things are still being set up now. I don't get why you don't leave the other site up until the new one is ready to go live...it's standard practice to make sure it works offline first.

BisonTeacher
04-24-2012, 06:29 PM
We have a local station that is the primary ESPN station but they also have local programming. They'll leverage the ESPN name as much as possible on their site so just because they have some ESPN programming doesn't mean they won't also use local shows.

Thats interesting. In the cities ESPN 1500 and KFAN are in direct competition with each other.

MNLonghorn10
04-24-2012, 06:44 PM
i remember when it was on 1280, it used to run fox sports radio shows at night...and updates during the day until switching to 740 and going local updates. hope this is the same..

740 better not be dropping minneapolis shows like PA or barriero for colin cowherd or doug gottlieb.

i dont care about the morning trip, and i like common but i understand why 740 wouldnt air him if they let jack michaels have his own show covering 2/3rds of commons slot.

if they keep this as an espn full line up, this will backfire. BIG TIME. unless youre a fan of the jets, giants, red sox, yanks, rangers, knicks, heat, cowboys etc...nobodys going to listen because its what sportscenter has evolved into at night.

IndyBison
04-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Thats interesting. In the cities ESPN 1500 and KFAN are in direct competition with each other.
We have 3 sports stations here. One is mostly local but does get some of the ESPN programming but I think also has some SI Radio programs. Another is the primary ESPN station but does local programming during the day. The third is mostly Fox Sports Radio but does have a local afternoon drive show. Local game broadcasts seem to bounce between all 3 of them depending on the year. No shortage of sports radio programming here!

BisonTeacher
04-24-2012, 06:47 PM
We have 3 sports stations here. One is mostly local but does get some of the ESPN programming but I think also has some SI Radio programs. Another is the primary ESPN station but does local programming during the day. The third is mostly Fox Sports Radio but does have a local afternoon drive show. Local game broadcasts seem to bounce between all 3 of them depending on the year. No shortage of sports radio programming here!

KFan in the cities does Fox Sports radio when they are off the air locally.

I just meant that it would be weird if this 740 is switching to ESPN that they would Keep KFAN local broadcasts. Im guessing there is some sort of company lines being crossed somewhere in there.

aces1180
04-24-2012, 07:03 PM
KBUN here in Bemidji does a hybrid of KFAN and ESPN...They have the Power Trip, Colin Cowherd, Local show, Scott Van Pelt, Barrerio, FAN on Demand and then ESPN throughout the night.

MN_BISON
04-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Chill out. They said on the Noon show that things are still being set up now. I don't get why you don't leave the other site up until the new one is ready to go live...it's standard practice to make sure it works offline first.

Yeah, you're probably right just seems odd that a meida company wouldn't take better care of their media. Oh well, I'm chillin' now and boy does it feel good.

1998braves64
04-25-2012, 03:53 AM
From what I heard ESPN will be on only when KFAN main shows are not running and any other obligations 740 has to pick up (Force hockey Twins day games etc). I like most of the KFAN shows, I use morning show as just a humor relief only as they do some funny stuff. It isn't really hard hitting stuff like Barriero or anything.

EndZoneQB
04-25-2012, 04:01 AM
From what I heard ESPN will be on only when KFAN main shows are not running and any other obligations 740 has to pick up (Force hockey Twins day games etc). I like most of the KFAN shows, I use morning show as just a humor relief only as they do some funny stuff. It isn't really hard hitting stuff like Barriero or anything.

I never used to listen to Star and always had Lex and Terry on. I started getting tired of the recycled bits on L&T so I ended up on Star. Before I knew it, I started to enjoy it. I think losing Keri Noble is less than favorable, she was a nice addition. I look forward to Meatsauce robot recap on Friday as well.

SamsRams
04-25-2012, 05:45 AM
sorry to get off topic, but I love local sports talk in Vegas. We dont really have a team so they talk about everything. Mix in some UFC, boxing and sports betting talk and I am in heaven. Plus its 2012, we get sports talk radio on FM!!

BisonTeacher
04-25-2012, 10:57 AM
I never used to listen to Star and always had Lex and Terry on. I started getting tired of the recycled bits on L&T so I ended up on Star. Before I knew it, I started to enjoy it. I think losing Keri Noble is less than favorable, she was a nice addition. I look forward to Meatsauce robot recap on Friday as well.

Me too. I used to be a die hard of KQ's morning show in the cities...but the power trip has won me over.

wagsabison
04-25-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm in the same boat. Never used to be a huge fan of the powertrip but once I gave it a chance I really like it now.

1998braves64
04-26-2012, 04:41 AM
I've loved the powertrip ever since I discovered it! I use to listen to PA (back in the day & Dubay) at work before I started commuting and didn't ever really catch the powertrip morning show much. Now I don't have a radio at work so only ones I listen to are Powertrip and Barreiro.

MNLonghorn10
04-26-2012, 04:55 AM
after tomorrows nfl draft, anything on kfan is baseball up until pre season nfl, so its going to hit the dog days here shortly.

and the twins are horrible. this is gonna be some tough work to make a talk show last its full time slot.

BisonTeacher
04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
after tomorrows nfl draft, anything on kfan is baseball up until pre season nfl, so its going to hit the dog days here shortly.

and the twins are horrible. this is gonna be some tough work to make a talk show last its full time slot.

Not true...PA does a ton of training camp stuff and talks vikings most of the summer (unless that's what you meant by pre season nfl).