PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game to be televised

HerdStrong
04-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere or not but just saw on the news that the spring game will be televised statewide. Good idea to get some exposure statewide.

DjKyRo
04-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Hell yes! That's awesome. Obviously getting games on statewise is an important step, but doing this will help get the casual fan into the year-round excitement that is Bison football. I guess that leaves it to those of us at the game to make it a good atmosphere worthy of television.

EndZoneQB
04-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Finally they are promoting the team. Strike while the iron is hot...

KilldeerBison
04-14-2012, 12:06 AM
This is great news!
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205413306

North Side
04-14-2012, 12:11 AM
I think this was a BIG step for Bison football and building up a fan base in the state. Especially, in western North Dakota. Next step, every game needs to be televised across the state or on Direct tv!

Bison bison
04-14-2012, 12:14 AM
We are officially big time.

HerdBot
04-14-2012, 12:26 AM
I dont get the camera deal. Many fans will enter from the west side if they are tailgating. Where do we sit?

According to Jorgenson, the broadcast team and cameras will set up on the west side of the Fargodome to shoot towards the crowd and offer a creative look with lower camera angles.

The game will also be broadcast on 790 KFGO-AM Fargo. The radio broadcast starts at 12:55 p.m. Scott Miller will call the play-by-play, Phil Hansen will handle the color duties and Jorgenson will be on the sidelines.

NDSUstudent
04-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Wow! I guess there isn't anymore argument over which ND sports team owns the state.

roadwarrior
04-14-2012, 12:28 AM
I dont get the camera deal. Many fans will enter from the west side if they are tailgating. Where do we sit?

Enter on east, sit on east. Wouldn't it be great if they had to modify their plans because too many people show up!

DjKyRo
04-14-2012, 12:28 AM

According to Jorgenson, the broadcast team and cameras will set up on the west side of the Fargodome to shoot towards the crowd and offer a creative look with lower camera angles.

The game will also be broadcast on 790 KFGO-AM Fargo. The radio broadcast starts at 12:55 p.m. Scott Miller will call the play-by-play, Phil Hansen will handle the color duties and Jorgenson will be on the sidelines.

If you recall, seating was limited to the east side last season.

tjbison
04-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Enter on east, sit on east. Wouldn't it be great if they had to modify their plans because too many people show up!

I think there will be 4-5K there this year, hope they promote the hell out of it this week

TransAmBison
04-14-2012, 12:32 AM
If you recall, seating was limited to the east side last season.Just like every year previous since it has been in the dome...

HerdBot
04-14-2012, 12:32 AM
I think this was a BIG step for Bison football and building up a fan base in the state. Especially, in western North Dakota. Next step, every game needs to be televised across the state or on Direct tv!

Absolutely. Big time programs have big time spring games. I hope we can pack the dome because we want to make it look big time. If we want to continue to see it grow we need to show up and make it a big deal so they feel like it was worth the effort

HerdBot
04-14-2012, 12:34 AM
If you recall, seating was limited to the east side last season.

I thought it may be different this year since we didnt open the west tailgate lot last year.

DjKyRo
04-14-2012, 12:35 AM
I thought it may be different this year since we didnt open the tailgate lot last year.

Evidently not. I'd be interested to find out how many they're planning for, though I doubt it's more than 7-8k at the maximum.

HerdBot
04-14-2012, 12:40 AM

That would be fun. I'm glad they are ACTUALLY thinking about how the crowd looks on TV. I hope we can g-et 6-8k fans all on one side.

HerdStrong
04-14-2012, 12:41 AM
I heard Vigen say in one of the interviews that they are hoping for 6k. Hopefully they do more promoting as we close in to April 21st. I noticed a nice banner on inforum on the right side they have for the spring game but I'm thinking it is because I read all Bison articles there. Targeted advertising.

HerdBot
04-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Evidently not. I'd be interested to find out how many they're planning for, though I doubt it's more than 7-8k at the maximum.

As a convenience it would be cool to enter on the west tailgate side so I dont have to walk around to the front of the dome. They could rope off access to the west bleachers and direct people to the other side . Its a much shorter walk

tjbison
04-14-2012, 12:51 AM
now if only it was HD:hide:

There is always something to bitch about right??

onbison09
04-14-2012, 01:59 AM
Is it free online this year? (It has been in the past)

4mcruenomore
04-14-2012, 02:23 AM
How do I access it on espn3? Crap!

westnodak93bison
04-14-2012, 04:19 AM
How do I access it on espn3? Crap!

You can't. You need to drive that jacked up yellow bubble bee truck of yours to Fargo and watch the game in person.

JustinTyem
04-14-2012, 04:44 AM
Is it free online this year? (It has been in the past)Im the last 2 spring games,I had to to buy the games on gobison.com. So with the game being on Tv,I hope its free :)

duluthbison
04-14-2012, 02:42 PM
I thought the turf was gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EndZoneQB
04-14-2012, 06:45 PM
I thought the turf was gone.

What does that have to do with the broadcast of the game? And no, it's not going to be started until after spring ball...

How do I get access to ESPN3??

IzzyFlexion
04-14-2012, 07:24 PM
What does that have to do with the broadcast of the game? And no, it's not going to be started until after spring ball...

All-Access Kitty says:

http://www.tjwalker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/tv1802424443_72aa100b5d1.jpg

duluthbison
04-14-2012, 09:32 PM

I thought the turf was gone which would have made it difficult to play in the dome.

TransAmBison
04-14-2012, 09:45 PM
I thought the turf was gone which would have made it difficult to play in the dome.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOnly more difficult because of the lack of yard markings. The field would probably be a little softer without the old turf. :D

EndZoneQB
04-15-2012, 07:07 PM

Ok then, where did you get that the turf was "gone"? lol

BisonFan02
04-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Ok then, where did you get that the turf was "gone"? lol

Turf Gnomes....

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/JDizzle96/Underpants_Gnomes-4xq8xb-d.jpg

North Side
04-15-2012, 08:25 PM
now if only it was HD:hide:

There is always something to bitch about right??
If we were still in agreement with WDAY it would be... I know they had a higher bid than KVLY, but I think KVLY does a pretty poor job coving NDSU compared to Forum/WDAY.
Also what happened to replays of Bison football games on This TV?? I would love to watch some games again!

Bison bison
04-15-2012, 08:44 PM
While this is great news, I still can't believe the revolution will not be televised.

NDSUstudent
04-15-2012, 10:04 PM
If we were still in agreement with WDAY it would be... I know they had a higher bid than KVLY, but I think KVLY does a pretty poor job coving NDSU compared to Forum/WDAY.
Also what happened to replays of Bison football games on This TV?? I would love to watch some games again!

No if we were still with WDAY the spring game much less half the games KVLY/KXJB has put on TV wouldn't have ever been on TV.

With WDAY we were lucky to have two televised games, KVLY is all in when it comes to getting our games on. Even though they have hammer and no HD you have to love them for at least getting the max amount of games on TV.

hattonbison
04-16-2012, 12:40 AM
I heard a rumor today that WDAY will be doing the football games next year. Has anybody else heard this?

hattonbison
04-16-2012, 12:42 AM
WDAY TV that is!

HerdBot
04-16-2012, 01:03 AM
WDAY TV that is!

Haven't heard anything. Im not sure if we are in a contract. Both have pros and cons. WDAY is local and can probably give HD broadcasts given the fact the news is in HD. Not sure who has better coverage. Too baf we cant use both.

4mcruenomore
04-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Is anybody else all jacked up that Dan Hammer is announcing these things on TV for us? Awesome!!

HerdBot
04-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Is anybody else all jacked up that Dan Hammer is announcing these things on TV for us? Awesome!!

You forget the purple? :)

bincitysioux
04-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Good move by NDSU to buy air-time for this weekend. Good marketing. Lord knows they are way behind the curve as far as TV coverage goes for all of their sports in the area, compared to their peers. Should have been an easy decision for the local stations to bump their usual Saturday fishing shows for a paying customer...........

BisonFan02
04-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Good move by NDSU to buy air-time for this weekend. Good marketing. Lord knows they are way behind the curve as far as TV coverage goes for all of their sports in the area, compared to their peers. Should have been an easy decision for the local stations to bump their usual Saturday fishing shows for a paying customer...........

Thanks for the copy and paste from AGS. We appreciate your concern. Don't you have a mascot to go worry about or something? Isn't your spring game the same day, and what channel is it on? Anyone going to be there? Thanks for coming.

bincitysioux
04-17-2012, 06:55 AM
I'll copy and paste again...........

I was complimeting your administration for making this investment, you fool.

BisonFan02
04-17-2012, 07:00 AM

Ditto.....Lord knows they are way behind the curve and bumping fishing shows? Maybe I missed the purple font or the point all together or it's just a back handed compliment I guess?

bincitysioux
04-17-2012, 07:04 AM
Most here will agree with me that North Dakota, SDSU, and even USD get better TV coverage than NDSU. I was acknowledging that this was a good idea for NDSU to televise a scrimmage. I'd like to see North Dakota do it. But if you think that NDSU is not paying to have this on, you are mistaken................

NDSUstudent
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Who gets better football TV coverage than NDSU among our peers? Montana?

I certainly can't think of any schools around here.

NDSUstudent
04-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Most here will agree with me that North Dakota, SDSU, and even USD get better TV coverage than NDSU.

This is simply preposterous.

In regards to football all of the schools lag way behind NDSU.

HerdBot
04-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Most here will agree with me that North Dakota, SDSU, and even USD get better TV coverage than NDSU. I was acknowledging that this was a good idea for NDSU to televise a scrimmage. I'd like to see North Dakota do it. But if you think that NDSU is not paying to have this on, you are mistaken................

Bison TV and media coverage is much greater than any of those schools and it should be. 10 out of 11 regular season games were televised.

The Jacks had 5 games and most were on Midco Sports who nobody has

The Sioux had 3 home games televised and 3 road games. Although who would want to watch NAIA teams.

Bison Dan
04-17-2012, 12:16 PM

He's just jealous - that's all he has! Bin have you seen the rings yet? Oh yeah thought you'd like to know that we'll be sold out for team maker seats on May 1st with a long waiting list. How's the 75.00/ year to sit anywhere you want season tickets going??

BisonFan02
04-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Soooo, I'm not the only one that read that as a jab at NDSU versus a compliment (apparently)? He wanted to make sure I went to study for my "Eng 101" final on AGS.....maybe I missed something? Butthockey?

NorthernBison
04-17-2012, 01:02 PM
He's just jealous - that's all he has! Bin have you seen the rings yet? Oh yeah thought you'd like to know that we'll be sold out for team maker seats on May 1st with a long waiting list. How's the 75.00/ year to sit anywhere you want season tickets going??

I think it is $70 per seat. You're giving them too much credit.

4mcruenomore
04-17-2012, 01:04 PM
BincitySioux is a douche. They are pulling at straws up there for something, anything to hold on to. I can't wait for them to win 2 games this year.

reformedUNDfan
04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
so is ndsu paying to have its game broadcast or what?

TransAmBison
04-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Don't let a bitter undy taint this....(tainted undies....hehehuhuhuhheheh) it doesn't matter...what matters is the spring game is on tv...and that is pretty cool.

Twentysix
04-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Don't let a bitter undy taint this....(tainted undies....hehehuhuhuhheheh) it doesn't matter...what matters is the spring game is on tv...and that is pretty cool.

he jelly

Bison Dan
04-17-2012, 01:59 PM

If there's no commericals then yes. If it has sponsors then no. Or it could be like what und does and have the und alumni foundation advertise thoughtout because they can't get anyone to sponsor there games.

HerdBot
04-17-2012, 02:45 PM

I think NDSU does broadcasting in house. That means they buy the TV time and sell ads to pay for it. Being able to do that shows the strength if the program. Not many FCS teams have their spring games on statewide TV. Heck many FBS teams dont broadcast the spring game. The UND spring game is not broadcast because nobody cares

SDbison
04-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Maybe at halftime the old guys versus young bucks flag football game could take place on the Fargodome turf? Possibly get some television time........at least until the injured clutter the field.

TransAmBison
04-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Maybe at halftime the old guys versus young bucks flag football game could take place on the Fargodome turf? Possibly get some television time........at least until the injured clutter the field.++++++++++++++

DjKyRo
04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
++++++++++++++

Hope you've been drinking your whole milk TAB, those knees can't take much in the way of the punishment ready to be handed out.

TransAmBison
04-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Hope you've been drinking your whole milk TAB, those knees can't take much in the way of the punishment ready to be handed out.
Oh, my knees are shot...there is no doubt about that...but I'm just warning you it may not be wise trying to cross the line of scrimmage...you may want to think about just fumbling the ball immediately if you get it.

DjKyRo
04-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh, my knees are shot...there is no doubt about that...but I'm just warning you it may not be wise trying to cross the line of scrimmage...you may want to think about just fumbling the ball immediately if you get it.

The only "fumbling" I'll be doing is one of these:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqx1zPVib1qbbz06o1_r1_400.gif

TransAmBison
04-17-2012, 03:45 PM

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqx1zPVib1qbbz06o1_r1_400.gifWe all know how those blowhards ended their season.

bri-dog
04-17-2012, 03:47 PM

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrqx1zPVib1qbbz06o1_r1_400.gif

From what I've heard, you'd miss the ground.*

*sorry, couldn't resist.

344Johnson
04-17-2012, 04:23 PM

No fear. We are young. We have no children who have robbed us of our youth. We will win. Lots of spikes by KyRo(goalline threat.)

TransAmBison
04-17-2012, 04:27 PM
No fear. We are young. We have no children who have robbed us of our youth. We will win. Lots of spikes by KyRo(goalline threat.)Oh I know...you young bucks gotta have sex with a woman first...no danger of that happening with you guys for a long time. :rofl: :D

344Johnson
04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Oh I know...you young bucks gotta have sex with a woman first...no danger of that happening with you guys for a long time. :rofl: :D

(insert favorite Kelso BURN meme here)

BISONBRI53
04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
BincitySioux is a douche. They are pulling at straws up there for something, anything to hold on to. I can't wait for them to win 2 games this year.

2 games? When did you become a Wioux fan? :biggrin:

EndZoneQB
04-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Don't forget about the Old guys secret weapon, yours truly.

TransAmBison
04-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Don't forget about the Old guys secret weapon, yours truly.
You got the playbook memorized yet?

EndZoneQB
04-17-2012, 06:28 PM
You got the playbook memorized yet?

Yep: Make Kyro look like he is shooting free throws.

TransAmBison
04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Yep: Make Kyro look like he is shooting free throws.Don't forget the first audible: Make Kyro cry.

MNLonghorn10
04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
i certainly do.

the bison team alone was on espn3, espnU, espn 2, big 10 network, fox college sports, midco sports, nbc nd...

i thought i saw usd and und maybe a combined two times..if that..

Twentysix
04-17-2012, 06:34 PM
i certainly do.

the bison team alone was on espn3, espnU, espn 2, big 10 network, fox college sports, midco sports, nbc nd...

i thought i saw usd and und maybe a combined two times..if that..

We had what, 14 games broadcasted by regional to national visual media outlets. This sioux guy obviously doesnt follow NDSU football.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6174/ndsumedia.png

Bison bison
04-17-2012, 06:38 PM
We had what, 14 games televised by regional to national visual media outlets. This sioux guy obviously doesnt follow NDSU football.

Hey, it's not like the games were available everywhere. We'll never be able to reach many audiences until we invest in some technology that will reach people who have there heads UP THEIR ASS!?! Or we could just leave that market to...

Twentysix
04-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Hey, it's not like the games were available everywhere. We'll never be able to reach many audiences until we invest in some technology that will reach people who have there heads UP THEIR ASS!?! Or we could just leave that market to...

The wiki i helped create gives him a visual illustration of our dominance.

TransAmBison
04-17-2012, 06:43 PM
The wiki i helped create gives him a visual illustration of our dominance.
butthockey.

JSUBison
04-17-2012, 07:14 PM
We had what, 14 games broadcasted by regional to national visual media outlets. This sioux guy obviously doesnt follow NDSU football.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6174/ndsumedia.png

I thought the Lafayette game was broadcast locally in Pennsylvania.

HerdBot
04-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Not to derail the thread but I think a mix of statewide nbc and fox sports net north is the best. While its sounds cool to be on fox college sports, there are more people that watch nbc. Its free and everone has it. Fox college sports puts stats out saying its available to tens of millions but in reality its a premium package on directv and it doesn't even run regular programming. Basically its a glorified pay per view. FSN north is basically a local channel on basic cable with real programming like the Twins, Wild, and Wolves and its National with the same sports pack that offers Fox College Sports. Everybody knows FSNN. Nobody knows FCS. We can get something done on FSNN and with the Gophers hockey going to BTN it opens up an opportunity AND its HD plus its in a huge Minneapolis market

MNLonghorn10
04-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Im not doing this again because gabe just bases his case with everybodys and nobodys...when in reality fcs is available more easily than fsnn. If you like sports/cfb..id bet youd get as many sports channels as possible...fcs is available usually nationwide...fsnn isnt. Both stations provide games for bcs conferences.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

NorthernBison
04-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Im not doing this again because gabe just bases his case with everybodys and nobodys...when in reality fcs is available more easily than fsnn. If you like sports/cfb..id bet youd get as many sports channels as possible...fcs is available usually nationwide...fsnn isnt. Both stations provide games for bcs conferences.

Gabe does have a point though. You can turn to FSNN anytime and there is programming. That is not true for FCS.

FSNN is more like a "real" station that I naturally flip to. I only check FCS if I know they will be airing something. I have DirecTv with the sports package so there is a LOAD of stuff on there. My Mother had cable and FSNN was part of the package. FCS was not and I suspect it never will be.

HerdBot
04-17-2012, 08:37 PM

Fact.
I have the choice ultimate package with directv and i have fsnn but not fcs. If i add the sports pack i get fcs. If i lived in, say Detroit i would not get either channel unless I subscribe to the sports pack but i would get fsn Detroit as a local.

99% of people get fsnn with basic cable in Nd, Sd, and Mn. Our prime areas

Anyone know where fcs is included? Maybe other parts of the country? It may be good to reach our to recruits in those areas if its a local

HerdBot
04-17-2012, 09:09 PM

What matters is it available with basic packages in our main area of ND, SD, WI, IA, and Minnesota. There is a reason the big dogs like the Twins Wolves Wild and Gophers choose to go on FSNN while the smaller teams like NDSU and UND choose Fox College Sports. Ita a more popular channel here in the Midwest Quiz 100 people in our 3 main states and ask if they have heard of FSNN. Most will know it. Now ask them about Fox College Sports and they won't know. Heck Im a huge sports fan and I had to research what it was.

Now if you want more availability in San Francisco than it may be better. But the reality is we get 3/4 of our players and students from ND, SD, MN, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Thats FSNN territory. And if we need to reach out nationally to California, it is available on the same sports pack with Direct and Dish.

So both are good. Fsnn fits our needs better, Imo

4mcruenomore
04-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Can I watch on espn3? DaveK and I are going to hang out and watch the UND spring game on it....

TransAmBison
04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
You know who is really excited about the Spring Game? Answer Guy. I checked the mail today and what did I find but a personal invitation from him to the Spring Game tailgate. Something about him officially becoming a Bison fan or something. Anybody else get an invite?

Hammersmith
04-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Aarrgghh. The FSNN vs. FCS debate is so stupid it makes me want to tear my hair out. Both sides in the debate are morons because they all miss the same damn point. What does the "F" in both acronyms stand for? FOX! They're not competing companies, they're the same company! Where does FCS get most of its programming from? Regional FSN networks. If Bison athletics gets a contract with FSNN, most of the content is going to also be on FCSC. It may not be 100% of the time, but it's going to be close. If you get a contract with FCS, you're establishing a relationship with FSNN because much of the production is going to go through them. So either way, getting on one is likely to get you on both. This discussion is like watching two idiots argue over which side of a dollar bill is worth more.

(Can you tell how I really feel?)

Bison bison
04-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Aarrgghh. The FSNN vs. FCS debate is so stupid it makes me want to tear my hair out. Both sides in the debate are morons because they all miss the same damn point. What does the "F" in both acronyms stand for? FOX! They're not competing companies, they're the same company! Where does FCS get most of its programming from? Regional FSN networks. If Bison athletics gets a contract with FSNN, most of the content is going to also be on FCSC. It may not be 100% of the time, but it's going to be close. If you get a contract with FCS, you're establishing a relationship with FSNN because much of the production is going to go through them. So either way, getting on one is likely to get you on both. This discussion is like watching two idiots argue over which side of a dollar bill is worth more.

TWSS.

ijkasd

HerdBot
04-17-2012, 10:00 PM

Cut us some slack its the offseason! Need something to talk about :)

MNLonghorn10
04-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Gabe does have a point though. You can turn to FSNN anytime and there is programming. That is not true for FCS.

FSNN is more like a "real" station that I naturally flip to. I only check FCS if I know they will be airing something. I have DirecTv with the sports package so there is a LOAD of stuff on there. My Mother had cable and FSNN was part of the package. FCS was not and I suspect it never will be.
i can. itll be a wild life show up until night time for some pac 12 game.

MNLonghorn10
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Fact.
I have the choice ultimate package with directv and i have fsnn but not fcs. If i add the sports pack i get fcs. If i lived in, say Detroit i would not get either channel unless I subscribe to the sports pack but i would get fsn Detroit as a local.

99% of people get fsnn with basic cable in Nd, Sd, and Mn. Our prime areas

Anyone know where fcs is included? Maybe other parts of the country? It may be good to reach our to recruits in those areas if its a local
fact. i have midcon and i have the sports package for $5/mo. it comes with fcs.

Bison bison
04-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

MNLonghorn10
04-17-2012, 10:10 PM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/SCSnare/gifs/jeep_reaction_avatar.gif

HerdBot
04-17-2012, 10:19 PM
fact. i have midcon and i have the sports package for $5/mo. it comes with fcs.

But FSNN is included with basic cable on midco. No point debating this. Both have something to offer. You want more national coverage. I want more regional coverage and HD with national availability on less providers. Lets agree to disagree.

EndZoneQB
04-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Fact: No one is going to randomly tune into an NDSU game, FSNN or FCS. If someone ends up doing so, it's going to be a HUGE college football fan...and they will know about FCS.

SamsRams
04-17-2012, 10:43 PM
wow the first official 2013 scholarship offer is reported and this is wut you geniuses wanna talk about. I guess I'll understand whats fun to discuss when I turn 60

BisoninNWMN
04-17-2012, 11:00 PM
wow the first official 2013 scholarship offer is reported and this is wut you geniuses wanna talk about. I guess I'll understand whats fun to discuss when I turn 60

What comes first......spring game or 2013 signing day.....enough said!

tony
04-17-2012, 11:01 PM

Well, they are at least staying somewhat on topic. :) Besides, getting caught up in offers made at this time of year is kind of like making up a list entitled, "Top 10 Things I'd buy if I Won The Lottery." I wouldn't get too emotionally invested.

Great job by NDSU getting the spring game on TV btw. They've done a ton of work making this year's spring game into an event and they deserve some props.

Bison"FANatic"
04-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Well, they are at least staying somewhat on topic. :) Besides, getting caught up in offers made at this time of year is kind of like making up a list entitled, "Top 10 Things I'd buy if I Won The Lottery." I wouldn't get too emotionally invested.

Great job by NDSU getting the spring game on TV btw. They've done a ton of work making this year's spring game into an event and they deserve some props.

If you go back 4 years and told us that we would have 10+ (I can't count ESPN3) games on TV, The spring game would be televised, There would be tailgating and we would have a blog with everyother day Bison updates. We would have all laughed and said in our dreams. Oh how far the program has came in the last 4 years. Interesting to see what we have in 4 more.

HerdBot
04-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Fact: No one is going to randomly tune into an NDSU game, FSNN or FCS. If someone ends up doing so, it's going to be a HUGE college football fan...and they will know about FCS.

Do you know how many sports bars always have FSN on? You dont think all the Minneapolis recruits like Marcus Williams didn't watch FSN regularly when they were living there? You dont think any of the thousands of Bison alumni living in ND, SD, MN, IA, and WI watch the Twins, Wolves, Wild, and even the occasions. High School playoff game? How about the Vikings shows? Thats why you run commercials.

Aside from the exposure, just being on the channel changes the perception of the NDSU name. Especially with a high quality HD production showcasing the dome.

HerdBot
04-17-2012, 11:57 PM

Just saw the highlight film. That kid is a big time talent. Weve raised the bar.

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2012, 12:18 AM
heh, please stay in the recruiting thread because scholarship offers to high schoolers is almost too exciting for me.

tony
04-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Just saw the highlight film. That kid is a big time talent. Weve raised the bar.

NDSU has always made offers to BCS-level talent this time of year. Just don't panic if he commits elsewhere.

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Do you know how many sports bars always have FSN on? You dont think all the Minneapolis recruits like Marcus Williams didn't watch FSN regularly when they were living there? You dont think any of the thousands of Bison alumni living in ND, SD, MN, IA, and WI watch the Twins, Wolves, Wild, and even the occasions. High School playoff game? How about the Vikings shows? Thats why you run commercials.

Aside from the exposure, just being on the channel changes the perception of the NDSU name. Especially with a high quality HD production showcasing the dome.

if you go to a bar to watch FSN, odds are when a commercial is on-youre going to go back to conversing with your table...just like you do when you the game but at least you have an eye on the tv.

ok so what bison game on fsn did marcus williams watch to say "oh man i have to sign here...."

i think theres a MUCH larger contingent of professional fan teams compared to college sports fans in this state compared to other states. if youre watching the wolves/wild-the regular season is almost over anyways for ndsu so it wouldnt be on during those games...

if the twins are in the playoff race which is during the first month of the regular season, theyll be thinking about magic #'s, and wild cards more than the bison game on a saturday....if they even care about college football or to an extent the fcs.

so which leaves me to your hypothetical "thousands of alumni are watching fsn in the 5 states" statement..which has always been your fall back move. who cares? theyre already in the ndsu covenant. if they dont know about such and such games coming up for ndsu football, why would they start caring because they saw it during a twins game break.

HerdBot
04-18-2012, 01:11 AM
if you go to a bar to watch FSN, odds are when a commercial is on-youre going to go back to conversing with your table...just like you do when you the game but at least you have an eye on the tv.

ok so what bison game on fsn did marcus williams watch to say "oh man i have to sign here...."

i think theres a MUCH larger contingent of professional fan teams compared to college sports fans in this state compared to other states. if youre watching the wolves/wild-the regular season is almost over anyways for ndsu so it wouldnt be on during those games...

if the twins are in the playoff race which is during the first month of the regular season, theyll be thinking about magic #'s, and wild cards more than the bison game on a saturday....if they even care about college football or to an extent the fcs.

so which leaves me to your hypothetical "thousands of alumni are watching fsn in the 5 states" statement..which has always been your fall back move. who cares? theyre already in the ndsu covenant. if they dont know about such and such games coming up for ndsu football, why would they start caring because they saw it during a twins game break.

If you actually believe what you said than whats the point of putting any game on TV? There is obviously no value whatsoever. Why do they even broadcast sports? What value is there to making our games available on TV for recruits or alumni?

EDIT
Hypothetical discussion with a recruit in Minneapolis comparing NDSU to USD

USD: we have 3 games per year on Midco Sports. The Dakota Dump is electric
RECRUIT: what channel is that?
USD: its a tv network available to 20,000 people in SD, a few cities in ND and rural MN.
RECRUIT is it available in Minneapolis
USD: no
USD : come see a game live. Its only a 5 hour drive
ReCRUIT: yeah ill think about it

NDSU the dome is electric. We have 10 home games on TV including 3 games on FSN. Its Saturday night after the Twins game
RECRUIT: Ill check it out!
Fast forward ... watches an electric crowd in HD. Is inspired and wants to make a visit

What sounds better?

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2012, 01:27 AM
do you watch commercials in between games? i flip to another game. usually a national game. one that wont be advertising ndsu vs so and so on fox sports north at 3pm today!

HerdBot
04-18-2012, 01:39 AM
do you watch commercials in between games? i flip to another game. usually a national game. one thatt wont be advertising ndsu vs so and so on fox sports north at 3pm today!

So now the idea of advertising is obsolete too. Why even run commercials if nobody watches?

And yes I watch commercials. Maybe I dont watch them with full attention but I stick to one game and see bits and pieces

Twentysix
04-18-2012, 01:44 AM
So now the idea of advertising is obsolete too. Why even run commercials if nobody watches?

And yes I watch commercials. Maybe I dont watch them with full attention but I stick to one game and see bits and pieces

Channel flippers are super annoying. Hate those guys.

HerdBot
04-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Channel flippers are super annoying. Hate those guys.

Yeah they always flip back late and I miss a big play

4mcruenomore
04-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Why is Longhorn even concerned about FCS or FSSN, he watches Texas' own network? Am I right?

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Why is Longhorn even concerned about FCS or FSSN, he watches Texas' own network? Am I right?

no im not one of the lucky 15 people who get the network.

and yes im a chronic channel flipper. even if games arent on, ill mute commercials. i dont care if pitbull is having a real good time...a real good time ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TheBisonator
04-18-2012, 05:04 AM
no im not one of the lucky 15 people who get the network.

and yes im a chronic channel flipper. even if games arent on, ill mute commercials. i dont care if pitbull is having a real good time...a real good time ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Longhorn Network = New Coke

DjKyRo
04-18-2012, 06:09 AM
So do we know who's starting at corner opposite Williams?

56BISON73
04-18-2012, 12:53 PM
So do we know who's starting at corner opposite Williams?

Patience---Gabe will start a thread about it in due time.:biggrin:

BisonNation11
04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
From the sounds of it Pierre. Hopefully MW takes Champion under his wing to help keep the stellar play at the DB position going for years to come.

HerdBot
04-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Patience---Gabe will start a thread about it in due time.:biggrin:

Ive only started 8 threads in 2 months. For me thats progress!

BISONBRI53
04-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Does anyone have an updated roster for the game on Saturday?

BadlandsBison
04-18-2012, 04:26 PM

The roster on gobison.com was updated earlier in the spring. That's about the best anyone can do I think

BISONBRI53
04-18-2012, 04:39 PM
The roster on gobison.com was updated earlier in the spring. That's about the best anyone can do I think

Thank you!

dragonsfan
04-18-2012, 05:57 PM
will be stuck in thief river falls at a wedding, but I guarantee we will have every tv turned to ndsu spring game at the bars we visit. props to them.

THEsocalledfan
04-18-2012, 06:08 PM
I just want to go officially on the record to declare there is no need for NDSU to put this game on FSN. I will not start that rant again until regular season.

carry on with your normal discussions

dragonsfan
04-18-2012, 06:15 PM
NDSU on FSN would be perfect, its on at every sports bar, every cable system in minnesota.

why ndsu isnt on fsn (for a saturday 1pm or 3pm game) is outrageous.

TransAmBison
04-18-2012, 06:28 PM
I just want to go officially on the record to declare there is no need for NDSU to put this game on FSN. I will not start that rant again until regular season.

carry on with your normal discussionsAre you coming to the spring game?

HerdBot
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM

carry on with your normal discussions

Some day when we turn it into something impressive enough to cover on FSN it may be worth it. If we had 15k fans hell yeah. Talk about a cool recruiting tool, especially since we equaled the Gophers in spring game attendance last year.

I heard we will be having recruits at the game Saturday. Hope we can put on an impressive show.

THEsocalledfan
04-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Are you coming to the spring game?

Sadly, no. My brother tried to talk me into it, but I can't get out of work early on Friday and I hate that drive!

GradBison
04-18-2012, 07:51 PM

Here's an easy to print roster.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27340-2012-roster-updated-on-gobison&p=615809#post615809

TransAmBison
04-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Sadly, no. My brother tried to talk me into it, but I can't get out of work early on Friday and I hate that drive!Boo-frickity-hoo...it is 3 1/2 hrs...who cares if you can't get out early...make the drive and come to my place...we will be playing euchre till all hours...

SDbison
04-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Boo-frickity-hoo...it is 3 1/2 hrs...who cares if you can't get out early...make the drive and come to my place...we will be playing euchre till all hours... Its closer to a 3 hour trip from Sioux Falls. Easiest 3 hour trip ever. Socalledfan (you really are one), you don't have to drive up Friday during the day.........Friday night, or early Sat will do........
SD likely making the trip on Thurs night to maximize the party experience..........

LikeMothers
04-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Sadly, no. My brother tried to talk me into it, but I can't get out of work early on Friday and I hate that drive!

Something's wrong with your computer. Your legitimate excuse not to come to the game was cut off the end of the message.

TransAmBison
04-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Something's wrong with your computer. Your legitimate excuse not to come to the game was cut off the end of the message.I've been asking him to come play cards for years...his legitimate excuses ran out years ago. :D

THEsocalledfan
04-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Its closer to a 3 hour trip from Sioux Falls. Easiest 3 hour trip ever. Socalledfan (you really are one)..........

Can't argue with that, but I really don't have any interest in driving to Fargo to watch a scrimmage. Now, if it is a national title game in Frisco, it is whole nother ball game.......I just have my priorities in line!

Gully
04-19-2012, 04:23 PM
.......I just have my priorities in line!

So you're going to the game now?

TransAmBison
04-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Can't argue with that, but I really don't have any interest in driving to Fargo to watch a scrimmage. Now, if it is a national title game in Frisco, it is whole nother ball game.......I just have my priorities in line!I have to say your legitimate excuse is faulty. Priorities in order? This is Bison football, man! Disappointed I am.

EndZoneQB
04-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Can't argue with that, but I really don't have any interest in driving to Fargo to watch a scrimmage. Now, if it is a national title game in Frisco, it is whole nother ball game.......I just have my priorities in line!

Wait, there's a scrimmage? I thought it was tailgating into the locker room sale into tailgating?

Bus started right up on the first try today. FC is locked and loaded with a meaner stereo.

HerdBot
04-19-2012, 06:27 PM

Its more than just a scrimmage.
In no particular order...
1) regular day of tailgating (beer officially allowed)
2) chance to buy new Championship DVD
3) presentation of the championship rings
4) chance to start a new tradition
5) fundraiser for athletic dept (food proceeds and raffle )
6) large crowd impresses everyone including recruits
7) set the tone for a national championship run this year!
8) heck you even get a free national championship poster!
9) chance to see future stars
10) lockerroom sale

MNLonghorn10
04-19-2012, 06:29 PM
10) lockerroom sale
11) you get to get out of south dakota for a day!

runtheoption
04-19-2012, 06:47 PM
10) lockerroom sale

You had me at hello.

goalpost
04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
are both sides of the dome open this sat. ??

Bison03
04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
are both sides of the dome open this sat. ??

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205401092

The weekend’s events culminate with the Green and Gold Spring Football game Saturday in the Fargodome. Doors open at 11:30 a.m., and fans can enter through the south doors or east doors. The Spring game will start at 1 p.m. and give fans the first look at the 2012 squad.

I am pretty sure this means seating will be on the east side only. With the game being on TV, you would think they would want to fill up the west side stands.

(http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205401092)

56BISON73
04-19-2012, 10:51 PM

What? If I can drive from AR you certainly can drive 3 hours. Wussy.

Gully
04-19-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205401092

I am pretty sure this means seating will be on the east side only. With the game being on TV, you would think they would want to fill up the west side stands.

(http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205401092)

unless the cameras are going to be on the West side. Try to pay attention! :)

stevdock
04-19-2012, 11:49 PM
10) lockerroom sale

Sorry but at the end of the day for most people it is just a scrimmage. Leave the guy alone. My drive is 20 minutes and because of that will be there. If I had x amount of HOURS to drive, I wouldn't be going either. At least for some people that have a long ways to drive there are alternatives this year for watching the game.

biggy202
04-20-2012, 12:43 AM
just wondering if they are gonna allow tailgating on saturday?....If so what time will it be open?

TbonZach
04-20-2012, 12:49 AM
To recap for those just joining us:

Spring game is this Saturday at 1:00pm.
It will be televised on statewide NBC.
Seating is available on the east side only.
Full tailgating (with alcohol) will start at 9:00am. (or earlier for some....)
Part of the GSMB will be in the stands.

MNLonghorn10
04-20-2012, 02:51 AM
mah ears are ringing...saturday morning cant arrive soon enough.

EndZoneQB
04-20-2012, 03:03 AM
mah ears are ringing...saturday morning cant arrive soon enough.

Yep. 2012 is off to a good start. One blown 15 only...

bri-dog
04-20-2012, 05:03 AM
To recap for those just joining us:

Spring game is this Saturday at 1:00pm.
It will be televised on statewide NBC.
Seating is available on the east side only.
Full tailgating (with alcohol) will start at 9:00am. (or earlier for some....)
Part of the GSMB will be in the stands.

Did anyone ever figure out if it's free on All-Access or do I have to pay to watch???

IzzyFlexion
04-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Did anyone ever figure out if it's free on All-Access or do I have to pay to watch???

Good question.

I'll be super excited to see how much I'll be charged to watch that little spinning "buffering" wheel.

GRAFTONBISON
04-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Our family of four driving down from Grafton. Kids are super excited!!!

Bison bison
04-20-2012, 02:10 PM
HOLY SH#!!!!

Tell me you've at least had them drive around the barnyard before you turning 'em lose on the streets of Fargo this weekend!

GRAFTONBISON
04-20-2012, 02:15 PM
HOLY SH#!!!!

Tell me you've at least had them drive around the barnyard before you turning 'em lose on the streets of Fargo this weekend!

With today's technology, their vehicles practically drive themselves around the barnyard.;)

TransAmBison
04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Sorry but at the end of the day for most people it is just a scrimmage. Leave the guy alone. My drive is 20 minutes and because of that will be there. If I had x amount of HOURS to drive, I wouldn't be going either. At least for some people that have a long ways to drive there are alternatives this year for watching the game.
1. You don't know TSCF...so until you do don't cast stones.

B. It is not just a scrimmage. I am pretty sure you are not a tailgater, so you don't understand. Why in the world somebody would go to a football event and not tailgate is beyond my comprehension. Kind of like having an icecream bar and only eating the chocolate shell. Kind of like getting under a girls shirt and only playing with one boob (Trust me KyRo, someday you will understand). Kind of like going to NDB2's house (while he is on a business trip) and only eating his chips (NDB2...you need to pick up more chips).

III. We are not average fans...we are held to a higher standard by our peers. If some can't handle the pressure then they can put their spouse on here instead. (I'm looking at you Answer Guy)

---------------Public Service Announcement---------------

TAB is very jacked for this weekend so be prepared for TAB to be extra obnoxious today. You've been warned.

---------------End of Public Service Announcement. Now back to your regularly scheduled posting.---------------

MNLonghorn10
04-20-2012, 04:03 PM
22 hrs until tailgating begins. see ya there stevedock?

the bus started today without needing a jump.

IndyBison
04-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Some day when we turn it into something impressive enough to cover on FSN it may be worth it. If we had 15k fans hell yeah. Talk about a cool recruiting tool, especially since we equaled the Gophers in spring game attendance last year.

I heard we will be having recruits at the game Saturday. Hope we can put on an impressive show.
I guarantee there will be recruits there. There were likely recruits at the first scrimmages and maybe even some of the Spring practices. I have yet to work a scrimmage or game of any kind without seeing recruits on the sideline and that includes the D3 level.

HerdBot
04-20-2012, 04:59 PM
I guarantee there will be recruits there. There were likely recruits at the first scrimmages and maybe even some of the Spring practices. I have yet to work a scrimmage or game of any kind without seeing recruits on the sideline and that includes the D3 level.

Even more reason to show up in mass numbers. I hope they kill the lights and do the into and national anthem

Bison03
04-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Everyone ready to tailgate in the rain tomorrow?

BisonNation11
04-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Hell or high water my crew will be there!

EndZoneQB
04-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Everyone ready to tailgate in the rain tomorrow?

Wtf, they changed the forecast. Yesterday it said showers in the morning giving way to sun. Awesome.

HerdBot
04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Wtf, they changed the forecast. Yesterday it said showers in the morning giving way to sun. Awesome.

ACCU WEATHER says only an hour of rain all day tomorrow or "one shower. "

Weather.com
TOMORROW HiGH 56 Cloudy with a few showers. Low 44F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

I always take a 40% chance of rain as there is a better chance of no rain. Of course my glass is half full.

Rain or shine Im tailgating

Bison03
04-20-2012, 08:31 PM
I think at best it will be a few lingering light rain showers. Certainly not enough to keep most diehards away anyways. I guess the tailgating crews with tents will be popular tomorrow.

roadwarrior
04-20-2012, 08:54 PM
It was supposed to be raining today too. Just sayin

EndZoneQB
04-20-2012, 10:18 PM
ACCU WEATHER says only an hour of rain all day tomorrow or "one shower. "

Weather.com
TOMORROW HiGH 56 Cloudy with a few showers. Low 44F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

I always take a 40% chance of rain as there is a better chance of no rain. Of course my glass is half full.

Rain or shine Im tailgating

Exactly. Scattered shows like that mean that it might not even come close to us.

It was supposed to be raining today too. Just sayin

And it turned out to be a pretty nice day.