NDSU92
04-05-2012, 03:48 AM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/233464/

DjKyRo
04-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/233464/

Didn't see the "D-Coordinator" part. Thought they lost to a D-II school again. Made sense at the time.

HerdStrong
04-05-2012, 04:07 AM
They have coaches going to Mary, we have coaches going to USC.

ndsubison1
04-05-2012, 04:49 AM
this is the difference between our programs right now. they've recently had coaches going to mary and jamestown. one of ours went to USC.

DjKyRo
04-05-2012, 05:08 AM
It goes to show the gulf between NDSU and UND when their coaches go to Mary and ours go to USC.

TbonZach
04-05-2012, 05:37 AM
So to recap:

UND coaches go to UMary, NDSU coaches go to USC.

344Johnson
04-05-2012, 06:15 AM
If I understood properly on siouxsports, he had kind of been demoted over the past few seasons or something like that. Going to Mary may have given him a fresh start to work up the coaching ladder, taking a step down to hopefully get two steps up at some point.

TransAmBison
04-05-2012, 12:12 PM
It wasn't too long ago we felt it was impossible to lose to teh whioux in basketball. I would think we would be a little more humble. :hide:

Bison Dan
04-05-2012, 12:19 PM
If I understood properly on siouxsports, he had kind of been demoted over the past few seasons or something like that. Going to Mary may have given him a fresh start to work up the coaching ladder, taking a step down to hopefully get two steps up at some point.
Or he is just jumping ship. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall!

Civil06
04-05-2012, 01:27 PM
It wasn't too long ago we felt it was impossible to lose to teh whioux in basketball. I would think we would be a little more humble. :hide:

butfootball

bisonmike2
04-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Has anyone mentioned that we have coaches that go to USC?

The_Sicatoka
04-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Kelling's star stopped rising long ago. I think "co-defensive coordinator" was as far as he'd ever go at UND (in FCS?) after the last few years. Mary is probably a good restart for him.

Also, don't be surprised if you see his wife show up on the WBB coaching staff out at Mary. Megan worked as an assistant for Roebuck for a while.

And why are UND coaches showing up in Bismarck and UMary after they are done at UND? Because they are easy hires for TMWTFN, the AD at Mary, and the TMWTFN seems to like the easy way.

Bison"FANatic"
04-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Kelling's star stopped rising long ago. I think "co-defensive coordinator" was as far as he'd ever go at UND (in FCS?) after the last few years. Mary is probably a good restart for him.

Also, don't be surprised if you see his wife show up on the WBB coaching staff out at Mary. Megan worked as an assistant for Roebuck for a while.

And why are UND coaches showing up in Bismarck and UMary after they are done at UND? Because they are easy hires for TMWTFN, the AD at Mary, and the TMWTFN seems to like the easy way.

Props for the use of TMWTFN!!!!!!!

The_Sicatoka
04-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Props for the use of TMWTFN!!!!!!!

When in Rome, speak "Roman". ;) :D

Bison bison
04-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Kelling's star stopped rising long ago.

So did UNDs.

HerdBot
04-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Lateral move. All the real FCS teams take the talented coaches away from D2 teams. And this is the 2nd coach to leave over the last few years to a D2 school

Bison03
04-05-2012, 04:21 PM
At least he has experience playing similar competition Mary plays with UND having played Sioux Falls, Montana Western, and Black Hills State last year.

EndZoneQB
04-05-2012, 07:18 PM

The fact you say it's an "easy hire" should be concern enough lol

EricB
04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
And it won't be too long before UND is kicking NDSU's ass in football again. :duel:

TransAmBison
04-05-2012, 08:35 PM
And it won't be too long before UND is kicking NDSU's ass in football again. :duel:
Well, you guys did have a candidate for coach of the year.

The_Sicatoka
04-05-2012, 08:38 PM
The fact you say it's an "easy hire" should be concern enough lol

" ... easy hire for TMWTFN ... " <-- TMWTFN doesn't have to say much to his bosses at UMary other than "I knew him at UND. No issues." and it gets rubber stamped. Easy path for TMWTFN. ;)

EndZoneQB
04-05-2012, 10:10 PM
" ... easy hire for TMWTFN ... " <-- TMWTFN doesn't have to say much to his bosses at UMary other than "I knew him at UND. No issues." and it gets rubber stamped. Easy path for TMWTFN. ;)

Ohhhhhh, fair enough. haha

Notorious
04-05-2012, 11:02 PM
The U* = Shithole

*copyright JM and/or TC.

Sent from my iPhone.