PDA

View Full Version : OFFICAL SCHEDULING FRUSTRATION THREAD

lakesbison
02-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Im FRUSTRATED NOW. I want 2 more BIGTIME games at BSC schools, and 1 more at home (assuming Sam houston is signed) WHY NOT?? lets make some money!!

Ok... Either Gene has next monday and the Gateway acceptance in his rear pocket and has 2 games lined up

OR. he has absolutely nothing and HOPING to get in and schedule 2 teams from gateway.

OR. he has a D1A team (Mac, my link list of teams) ready for a game.

So lets speculate.

Sept 1, 15 or 22 and Nov 3rd is left, basically.

Sam Houston hasnt sent back the contract yet!!!! YIKES.

2006gwfcchamps
02-14-2007, 04:25 PM
UNI on Sept 22 sounds good either way. Even if we don't get in the Gateway, that's early enough to avoid Gateway conference games.

Get UNI on the road and UND at home Sept 1st and we got our 11.

tcbison
02-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Im FRUSTRATED NOW. I want 2 more BIGTIME games at BSC schools, and 1 more at home (assuming Sam houston is signed) *WHY NOT?? lets make some money!!

Ok... Either *Gene has next monday and the Gateway acceptance in his rear pocket and has 2 games lined up

OR. *he has absolutely nothing and HOPING to get in and schedule 2 teams from gateway.

OR. *he has a D1A team (Mac, my link list of teams) ready for a game.

So lets speculate.

Sept 1, 15 *or 22 * and Nov 3rd is left, basically.

Sam Houston hasnt sent back the contract yet!!!! YIKES.

Settle down and take your medication. I just read some of your comments over at gopherhole. You really should back off.

lakesbison
02-14-2007, 05:25 PM
2006gwwcp.. NO UND.. GET OVER IT>

taylor said on FOX NEWS last night. NOT this year, not for awhile with gateway coming.

UNI does nothing for me, they proved how crappy they were last year at the UNIdome..

Im still hopin BCS teams come to the plate.

awww TC.. me sorry.

Go_Herd
02-14-2007, 06:41 PM

taylor said on FOX NEWS last night. NOT this year, not for awhile with gateway coming.

UNI does nothing for me, they proved how crappy they were last year at the UNIdome..

Hey Lakes, how can UNI do nothing for you? Just becasue they lost to UND your not gonna respect them as a quality team.

lakesbison
02-14-2007, 07:06 PM
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamehunter
02-14-2007, 09:29 PM
UNI just wasn't that good of a team last year. They were way overrated in the preseason polls because of where they finished the 2005 season. Make no mistake however, UNI is going to be a playoff team in '07. If a panther/bison game was at the UNI-dome next fall they could probably play stride for stride with the Bison.

silkamilkamonico
02-14-2007, 09:48 PM
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds to me like Lakes is afraid UND will beat the Bison, and sounds a little resentful.

You must never have played sports Lakes. Athletes appreciate great competition, and like it or not, UND would be great competition for us.

Let's hear the ignorance roar.

BearsCountry
02-14-2007, 10:21 PM

Hey Lakes, how can UNI do nothing for you? *Just becasue they lost to UND your not gonna respect them as a quality team.

That has to be one of the dummest things I have ever heard.

NDSU_grad
02-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Hey Lakes, how can UNI do nothing for you? *Just becasue they lost to UND your not gonna respect them as a quality team.

You obviously haven't read very many of Lake's posts. That was actually one of the more clever ones.

BisBison
02-14-2007, 11:22 PM

You got it BearsCountry, once you are on this board for awhile you'll come to accept it and expect it.

Gully
02-15-2007, 12:21 AM
UNI is a very good program. Last year they weren't great but I'd be excited for that game if it were to be scheduled.

Let's all relax and see how this Gateway things plays out.

tcbison
02-15-2007, 01:18 AM
SHSU head football coach at halftime of the Kats' BKB game against SFA confirms a SHSU-NDSU match-up according to other fans on our board...

lakesbison
02-15-2007, 01:21 AM
SILKY.. nice try.

aint worried about that JV team at all.

screw UNI.. *they are freakin pathetic.. i wont LOWER my standards to watch them either after the way they choked and didn't make an adjustment ALL game vs the dilly dally's..

back to the THREAD.

Tuesday the 20th.. better bring some SERIOUS changes to our schedule!!

Go_Herd
02-15-2007, 01:54 AM
SILKY.. nice try.

screw UNI.. *they are freakin pathetic.. i wont LOWER my standards to watch them either after the way they choked and didn't make an adjustment ALL game vs the queers..

back to the THREAD.

Anybody else getting sick of this, UNI would be a great game, it would at least be sort of regional. Oh and no matter how you hate the team from the north and yes we all know how much you hate the team from the north, there is no reason to call them queers. Seriosly thats just in bad taste.

If you can't stand to watch UNI because of the "choking" your standards must be set so high, that your up in Canada.

sambini
02-15-2007, 02:38 AM
UNI WOULD BE A GREAT GAME. They are former members of the NCC. I remeber watching them at Dacotah Field. They were in the 1aa final two years ago. With Jucos and transfers you never know? hmm they have been around a long time and are a very fine program. Just relax this will all get figured out...

NDSU_grad
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
SILKY.. nice try.

screw UNI.. *they are freakin pathetic.. i wont LOWER my standards to watch them either after the way they choked and didn't make an adjustment ALL game vs the queers..

back to the THREAD.

Anybody else getting sick of this, *UNI would be a great game, it would at least be sort of regional. *Oh and no matter how you hate the team from the north and yes we all know how much you hate the team from the north, there is no reason to call them queers. *Seriosly thats just in bad taste.

If you can't stand to watch UNI because of the "choking" your standards must be set so high, that your up in Canada.
Hopefully the "queers" comment gets him banned for life.

bisonaudit
02-15-2007, 01:24 PM
SILKY.. nice try.

back to the THREAD.

Anybody else getting sick of this, *UNI would be a great game, it would at least be sort of regional. *Oh and no matter how you hate the team from the north and yes we all know how much you hate the team from the north, there is no reason to call them queers. *Seriosly thats just in bad taste.

Hopefully the "queers" comment gets him banned for life.

Second.

Flanders
02-15-2007, 01:48 PM
SILKY.. nice try.

screw UNI.. they are freakin pathetic.. i wont LOWER my standards to watch them either after the way they choked and didn't make an adjustment ALL game vs the queers..

back to the THREAD.

In all seriousness, I enjoy coming to this website to get some inside info on the Bison. A lot of smart people here with some nice takes on things. But this comment by him has got to be the final straw. It's beyond embarrassing and inappropriate. This is a thread about scheduling, and if that remark and his ability to continue to make those kinds of remarks are allowed to stand, then this board loses all of its credibility.

IowaBisonToo
02-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Come on, Lakes! We all know how passionate you are about Bison athletics but this is over the top. Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all? Granted, most of us usually don't head that warning but there is at least some decorum to our statements.

Grow up! You make yourself look like a junior high kid trying to impress the girls with your big talk. I think if you were to tone it down across the board, you might be taken a little more seriously. No need for the "freakin' this" and "screw that" all the time. Talk on the board like you were talking to one of your clients and trying to land a business deal - you'll get a lot further that way.

SDbison
02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
OK, Lakes makes some bad commentary now and then and may drift from the topic, but some of you PC folks make me puke. Queer is not a swear word or so unacceptable it should bring outrage by itself. Seems like some of the younger generation was brainwashed into believing they can censor anyone due to a couple words. Get a life. Criticize the lack of thought on the part of Lakes, not just one word.

Larz
02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Holy Cow Lakes,
Dr Victory retired there, for those that do not know, Darrell Mudra, the same coach that started our history in 1963-64.
Don't tell me they do not have a good program. Who was their previous basketball coach.
We have a D-II record with them that is in our favor but nothing to over look.

lakesbison
02-15-2007, 02:09 PM
I CHANGED IT!! DAM.. IM NOT TIM HARDAWAY!!!!!!

Bison_Dan
02-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Come on, Lakes! *We all know how passionate you are about Bison athletics but this is over the top. *Didn't your mother ever teach you that if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all? *Granted, most of us usually don't head that warning but there is at least some decorum to our statements.

Grow up! *You make yourself look like a junior high kid trying to impress the girls with your big talk. *I think if you were to tone it down across the board, you might be taken a little more seriously. *No need for the "freakin' this" and "screw that" all the time. *Talk on the board like you were talking to one of your clients and trying to land a business deal - you'll get a lot further that way.

I agree. Queer doesn't have to mean gay. I always get a kick out of people that let words hurt them.

2006gwfcchamps
02-15-2007, 02:19 PM
You can really tell the generational divide on here.

lakesbison
02-15-2007, 04:00 PM
yes.... we agree on sumthing 2006!!!

I dont mind it, but whoa... people need to chill a bit.

like i said.. I didnt go Tim Hardaway on it.. ha ha

Flanders
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
OK, Lakes makes some bad commentary now and then and may drift from the topic, but some of you PC folks make me puke. Queer is not a swear word or so unacceptable it should bring outrage by itself. Seems like some of the younger generation was brainwashed into believing they can censor anyone due to a couple words. Get a life. Criticize the lack of thought on the part of Lakes, not just one word.

The point being: What does it have to do with scheduling? Why is it even in his comments? I'm not PC. I'm not young. It was pointless drivel.

lakesbison
02-15-2007, 04:31 PM
SEE.. we are ALL FRUSTRATED!!!

GET THIS DONE GENE!!

Tuesday I expect results!

silkamilkamonico
02-15-2007, 07:45 PM
SEE.. we are ALL FRUSTRATED!!!

GET THIS DONE GENE!!

Tuesday I expect results!

What kind of "results" are you expecting?

BisonCardinal
02-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Geez, Lakes, still a little revved up on sugar from Valentine's Day??? :o

Why not demand that Gene give a news conference from St. Louis on Monday with a detailed schedule for the next 3-4 years?

P. S. You did get a Valentine from someone, didn't you. Oh, never mind!!! ::)

silkamilkamonico
02-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Geez, Lakes, still a little revved up on sugar from Valentine's Day??? :o

Why not demand that Gene give a news conference from St. Louis on Monday with a detailed schedule for the next 3-4 years?

In a roundabout way, he has.

Lakes clearly hasn't got a clue on how all this Division 1 transition, scheduling, talent level works. He would be much better suited for Division 2. Perhaps we can start a petition to get him to become a fan elsewhere and rid him of his ignorance here. At least he could understand how everything works.

NDSU_grad
02-15-2007, 08:14 PM
You can really tell the generational divide on here.

Point #1
I think Lakes said on here once he was 29, which would make me a whopping 3 years older than him.

Point #2
The "queer" comment didn't really bother me. Him acting like a pompous ass in every post he makes does.

lakesbison
02-15-2007, 08:37 PM
KEEP PILING ON!!!! thank you for the popularity boost!!!

Results = Another BIG TEAM to play in 2007!!

2007 is a throwaway season, rankings, records dont matter, get 2 more BCS teams!

2006gwfcchamps
02-15-2007, 08:57 PM
2007 is a throwaway season, rankings, records dont matter, get 2 more BCS teams!

It probably matters to the seniors.

If you recall, this is the group that chose to become Bison despite Babich stepping down and the staff that recruited them getting canned and despite knowing as fact that if they redshirted they would not have a chance at the playoffs their 4 eligible years.

It probably matter somewhat in recruit as well.

Gamehunter
02-16-2007, 02:16 AM
2007 does matter....even for the 2008 playoffs it could make a difference in our 2008 preseason rankings and therefore could have an impact on our seed in the playoffs.

Woden
02-16-2007, 05:15 PM
UNI WOULD BE A GREAT GAME. They are former members of the NCC. I remember watching them at Dacotah Field. They were in the 1aa final two years ago. With Jucos and transfers you never know? hmm they have been around a long time and are a very fine program. Just relax this will all get figured out...

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. UNI was 7-4 last year with two losses out of division. They were 8-2 in 1aa. They missed a last second field goal to lose at Iowa State 28-27. Yeah they lost to UND, but that does not mean they were a bad football program. Would you say the Montana team that lost to NDSU was bad? Just remember, any given Saturday. In all reality, they will have a tough time replacing Walter Payton Finalist QB Eric Sanders. He is what made that program tick. They do have a couple of big school talents in Pittsburgh transfer Grey at WR and a USC transfer at RB who was more highly rated than Bush coming out of high school. Truth be told, however, UNI has said no way to this game and I don't see it happening.

Not to stir the pot too much, but a conversation VIA TELEPHONE did take place between Taylor and Bunning on Monday about a possible match-up on September 1 of next year. At this point in time, money talks. NDSU needs to find two home games in order to bring in more gate sales. UND is a guaranteed sell out and that is hard to turn down. The chances of getting any quality 1a or aa program to come to the dome is highly unlikely. I know the APP State coach gave a big hell no to playing the bison up here next year. We should know sometime in the middle of next week if this game will take place.

lakesbison
02-16-2007, 05:32 PM
"Not to stir the pot too much, but a conversation did take place between Taylor and Bunning on Monday about a possible match-up on September 1 of next year"

Bunning was in Arizona with Taylor huh?? nice try!!! keep it up sioux fans, aint happening!!!

see the quotes below::::

Quote from NorthDakotaBison on Jul 22nd, 2006, 7:54pm:
Woden, I'd like to nominate your post for most well-thought-out, non-clap-trap, post by a Sioux Fan.

Woden: Even as a UND student, I have to agree with you. Although I have to disagree with a couple of your points:

NDSUstudent
02-16-2007, 05:37 PM
At this point I hope we do play UND, I have had about enough of the when are we going to play UND debate. I hope Gene puts UND on the schedule for football and says scheduling UND will be completely up to our coaches as far as other sports are concerned. We should take the high road and bring out the old olive branch that we tried to extend when we left DII.

Woden
02-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Lakes-I have adjusted my previous post to better fit into the guidelines you as pseudo-moderator have instilled on this board. It's amazing how new technologies allow us to communicate with one another without being in the same rooms together, isn't it?

Honestly, do you think Taylor meets face to face with the AD of every school he has any interest in playing? Can you imagine that travel budget?

Yes, I am a Sioux fan. No doubt about it, but that doesn't mean I can't offer up informed posts instead of post after post of drivel coming from you. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anything comes about the next week or so.

lakesbison
02-16-2007, 05:58 PM
DAMMIT!! STOP THAT STUDENT!!!

get over that BS.

2 gateway teams then 1 ROAD BCS team!!

Remove this thread if these guys continue with this bullshit mod's!
*OUT*

lakesbison
02-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Ok Woden.

I wasnt trying to be THAT big of a dick... just a small dick.

ha ha.

but it's not happening, so why wast all this energy.

its like you and your fans are gonna keep asking and asking and asking like the FAT chic to the prom.

no no no no....

have a good weekend.. im out (being civil!!) for now..

bisonhusker
02-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Just to be clear: I do not want to play UND....But if we do sign a deal, tailgating starts 2 hours after the report.

Bison_Dan
02-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Lakes-I have adjusted my previous post to better fit into the guidelines you as pseudo-moderator have instilled on this board. *It's amazing how new technologies allow us to communicate with one another without being in the same rooms together, isn't it?

Honestly, do you think Taylor meets face to face with the AD of every school he has any interest in playing? *Can you imagine that travel budget?

Yes, I am a Sioux fan. *No doubt about it, but that doesn't mean I can't offer up informed posts instead of post after post of drivel coming from you. *I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anything comes about the next week or so.

I heard that Gene is getting tried of Buning calling him all the time and begging for a fb game. ;D

Bison06
02-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Not to start us down this road again, but what is the downside of playing UND. I mean do we wait until they have "caught up" to us to start playing them again? Why? I say if we play them now and hopefully beat them soundly, it gives us a huge advantage in all things we compete with UND for. Recruiting, fan base, the list goes on and on. If we can't find a game this isn't the worst choice. UND plays good football it would be fun to have a quality opponent like them for our players.

Just an opinion people don't go on any rants about how I'm not a true bison fan.

NorthernBison
02-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Kolpack (sp.?) has a blog entry from about 45 minutes ago that states there are 9 games scheduled with two dates left to fill. Anybody know where the ninth game came from?

tcbison
02-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Sam Houston State was the 9th game.

ACES1180
02-16-2007, 07:35 PM
I think we should play the Sioux this year when it doesn't affect our rankings or post-season chances, win the Nickel back and not play them for a long time. 8-)

Bison_Dan
02-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Not to start us down this road again, but what is the downside of playing UND. *I mean do we wait until they have "caught up" to us to start playing them again? Why? *I say if we play them now and hopefully beat them soundly, it gives us a huge advantage in all things we compete with UND for. Recruiting, fan base, the list goes on and on. *If we can't find a game this isn't the worst choice. *UND plays good football it would be fun to have a quality opponent like them for our players. *

Just an opinion people don't go on any rants about how I'm not a true bison fan.

What's the up side of playing und this year? Everyone says it's a sellout. Okay I agree with that but we'll have 16-17 thousand no matter who we play for the first game. So 3000 tickets (general admin) @ $12 is $36,000.00

The downside:

1. It lets them off the hook for refusing to play or schedule us in any sport (except baseball) from 2004 on. Their actions do have consequences.

2. There're still dii and I don't know of anyone that wants to play any dii teams

3. Hell on any given saturday we can lose.

4. Why give their move up any legitimacy, or make is easier for them.

bisonaudit
02-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Not to start us down this road again, but what is the downside of playing UND. *I mean do we wait until they have "caught up" to us to start playing them again? Why? *I say if we play them now and hopefully beat them soundly, it gives us a huge advantage in all things we compete with UND for. Recruiting, fan base, the list goes on and on. *If we can't find a game this isn't the worst choice. *UND plays good football it would be fun to have a quality opponent like them for our players. *

What's the up side of playing und this year? *Everyone says it's a sellout. *Okay I agree with that but we'll have 16-17 thousand no matter who we play for the first game. So 3000 tickets (general admin) @ $12 is $36,000.00

The downside:

1. *It lets them off the hook for refusing to play or schedule us in any sport (except baseball) from 2004 on. *Their actions do have consequences.

2. *There're still dii and I don't know of anyone that wants to play any dii teams

3. *Hell on any given saturday we can lose.

4. *Why give their move up any legitimacy, or make is easier for them.

Because they'll put it on TV so I'll be able to see an extra game this year. :)

Bison_Dan
02-16-2007, 08:02 PM

What's the up side of playing und this year? *Everyone says it's a sellout. *Okay I agree with that but we'll have 16-17 thousand no matter who we play for the first game. So 3000 tickets (general admin) @ $12 is $36,000.00

The downside:

1. *It lets them off the hook for refusing to play or schedule us in any sport (except baseball) from 2004 on. *Their actions do have consequences.

2. *There're still dii and I don't know of anyone that wants to play any dii teams

3. *Hell on any given saturday we can lose.

4. *Why give their move up any legitimacy, or make is easier for them.

Because they'll put it on TV so I'll be able to see an extra game this year. *:)

It's too bad that fans can't purchase the game film for every game.

TheBisonator
02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm starting to lean towards wanting to play und, just for the reason that when we whoop on them all up and down the field, it'll shut all of the Sioux fans up. Especially DaveK.

lakesbison
02-16-2007, 08:45 PM
OK.. CLOSE THIS THREAD

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!?!?

YOUR BISON FANS!! ON A BISON SITE.

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT SCHEDULING AND TAYLOR SAID NO UND!!

GOD DAMMIT PEOPLE!!!!!!!1

IM THROUGH WITH ALL OF YOU THAT WANTS TO PLAY THEM!

IM THROUGH!!

bisonaudit
02-16-2007, 08:47 PM
There's no end to the joy I get from hacking that guy off. :)

NDSUFREAK10
02-16-2007, 08:59 PM
If you guys need anymore proof that I was right in reporting the Michigan game in happening here it is.
The game is now official (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20067)

Bisonfreak
02-16-2007, 09:34 PM
You guys and your negative comments about Lakes, I could care less about. But I agree with him completly on this UND crap!!!! *I said it before and I'll say it again - don't care, don't need, and don't want anything to do with the sue ever again! *Please Gene, NO SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NorthernBison
02-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Sam Houston State was the 9th game.

Thanks. I did read about that earlier. They must have the contract back making it official. Good game. The Southland has been good for us in the transition.

2006gwfcchamps
02-16-2007, 11:12 PM
Official stance on the UND in 07 issue:

lets wait until after Feb 19.

If we get in the Gateway, the priority should be to talk to Gateway schools and see if we can't get 2 games worked out with them.

If we don't get in the Gateway or if for some reason we can't get 2 Gateway schools to help us, then UND on Sept 1st should be priority!

Shawn-O
02-16-2007, 11:36 PM
OK.. CLOSE THIS THREAD

IM THROUGH!!

I will have a cold beer ready for you at the tailgate party. Class.....it's my new thing. http://home.comcast.net/~shawnb99/staff_muttley.gif

NDSUFREAK10
02-17-2007, 12:03 AM
OK.. CLOSE THIS THREAD

IM THROUGH!!

I will have a cold beer ready for you at the tailgate party. Class.....it's my new thing. http://home.comcast.net/~shawnb99/staff_muttley.gif

ha, shawn, you really do like that laughing dog.

lonelygriz
02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
OK.. CLOSE THIS THREAD

IM THROUGH!!Is that a promise?

Shawn-O
02-17-2007, 12:06 AM
OK.. CLOSE THIS THREAD

IM THROUGH!!

I will have a cold beer ready for you at the tailgate party. *Class.....it's my new thing. *http://home.comcast.net/~shawnb99/staff_muttley.gif

Mutley is one of the best ever.

lonelygriz
02-17-2007, 12:10 AM
OK.. CLOSE THIS THREAD

IM THROUGH!!

I will have a cold beer ready for you at the tailgate party. *Class.....it's my new thing. *http://home.comcast.net/~shawnb99/staff_muttley.gif

Mutley is one of the best ever.

+++++++++++++++++++

SDbison
02-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Wish you had the sound effect that went with Mutley's snicker. Wasn't Mutley in the cartoon back around 1970 called something like_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and their Incredible Flying Machines?

Bisonguy
02-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I thought Mutely was in the Laff-A-Lympics?? :-?

Shawn-O
02-17-2007, 12:42 AM
I thought Mutely was in the Laff-A-Lympics?? * :-?

He wore the "C" for the Really Rottens.

SDbison
02-17-2007, 12:43 AM
Actually now that I think about it I think it was a Saturday morning cartoon called Wacky Racers. Had goofy characters like Penelope Pitstop, etc and a villian called ???? with his sidekick Mutley. Mutley would always snicker when the villians plans to cheat and win the race would fail. Wow, am I going back to my days as a kid. Anyone else recall the show? Bisonguy, you are too young to have been around at the time. ;)

SDbison
02-17-2007, 12:45 AM

He wore the "C" for the Really Rottens. *

I think Mutley was around before and just got moved to another cartoon later on? At least that is my explanation and I am sticking to it. ::)

Shawn-O
02-17-2007, 12:47 AM

He wore the "C" for the Really Rottens. *

I think Mutley was around before and just got moved to another cartoon later on? *At least that is my explanation and I am sticking to it. * ::)

Yes, it was Wacky Racers with Dirk Dasterdly.

SDbison
02-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks Shawn-O. *My wife was no help and she didn't remember the show.....when I tried to remember what went with Dasterdly she only said, "thats not a word"? *Now I feel good that my mind / memory is not all that bad. *
Also, kind of cool getting along with a Sioux fan while talking about an old cartoon. *Maybe you guys are not so bad after all (meant to rile up Lakes)!

Shawn-O
02-17-2007, 01:02 AM
The Laff-O-Lympics was all recycled cartoon characters. Being old, and Boomerang!, rules!!

Bisonguy
02-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Actually now that I think about it I think it was a Saturday morning cartoon called Wacky Racers. *Had goofy characters like Penelope Pitstop, etc and a villian called ???? with his sidekick Mutley. *Mutley would always snicker when the villians plans to cheat and win the race would fail. *Wow, am I going back to my days as a kid. *Anyone else recall the show? *Bisonguy, *you are too young to have been around at the time. * ;)

I just remember the Hanaa-Barbara Laff-A-Lympics

I was more of a Looney Tunes/Fat Albert/Speed Racer (in syndication, of course) kinda kid. Elementary school was more of the Transformers/Gi Joe era. And knowing is half the battle....

Shawn-O
02-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Sometimes Mutley would get pissed and cuss under his breath. That and the snicker, those were his lines. http://home.comcast.net/~shawnb99/staff_muttley.gif

kchats
02-17-2007, 01:53 AM
Wacky Racers is on Boomerang at 7:00 am daily I believe. My son watches it before school.

TheBisonator
02-18-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm a little younger than you guys. ;D I remember watching the Smurfs and the Wuzzles on Saturday mornings back in the 80's. Oh, and Garfield And Friends. And Muppet Babies. And the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show. I would get up at 7am every Saturday Morning, go down to my parent's rec room in the basement, crash on the futon with my bowl of Golden Grahams and watch all that stuff.

This is back when saturday morning cartoons were only on CBS and ABC. I'm only 24, so I'll probably get some crap from you guys about me being too young. :D

Gamehunter
02-18-2007, 03:50 PM
It was turtles and JI-Joes for me every morning. I think I may have you all beat.....6am!

WYOBISONMAN
02-19-2007, 12:11 AM
All this cartoon talk makes me want to have a beer.

sambini
02-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Make it a BUDWEISER SELECT.

WYOBISONMAN
02-19-2007, 12:16 AM
I need to cut carbs.........a SELECT it is!!

TransAmBison
02-19-2007, 01:20 AM
I need to cut carbs.........a SELECT it is!!
Better have two, they are small!

TheDoctor
02-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Make it a BUDWEISER SELECT.

Shameless plugs! Gotta love them! ;) ;D

sambini
02-19-2007, 02:24 AM
Got to get them when I can.

TheBisonator
02-19-2007, 04:03 AM
Wupps... Wrong thread...

Uni_of_No_Diks