PDA

View Full Version : Bye Week Bison Pride

SamsRams
03-31-2012, 11:42 PM
How fun would it be if Bison fans across the country wore their Bison Gear to random college games on the bye week?

Living in the southwest I am looking at San Diego St vs the Flickertails or McNeese St at Weber St.

Who's in??

CaBisonFan
04-01-2012, 03:39 AM
How fun would it be if Bison fans across the country wore their Bison Gear to random college games on the bye week?

Living in the southwest I am looking at San Diego St vs the Flickertails or McNeese St at Weber St.

Who's in??

Think I'll go down to San Diego State and wear my Colton Heagle jersey.

Good topic. reps

MNLonghorn10
04-01-2012, 06:03 AM
Ive always thought it was dumb to wear team a apparel to a game featuring team b and team c

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

BisonTeacher
04-01-2012, 03:23 PM
With the words "Pride" and "Bye" in the title of this thread it may be interpreted to have a VERY different meaning. :biggrin:

Having said that....Im in for wearing Bison stuff to the Gophs vs West Mich. I usually wear a bison T shirt under a gopher sweatshirt at the games anyway (Except 10/24 last year it was all Bison gear)

SamsRams
04-01-2012, 07:03 PM
I've always thought is was dumb to have two favorite teams in the same sport.

Ginsbach
04-01-2012, 07:37 PM
I wear my Bison gear at ISU all the time. I've yet to get a comment on it.

I wore my NDSU hat to a few Bengal games last year, and, yet again, no one noticed or made any comments.

MNLonghorn10
04-01-2012, 08:21 PM
so that makes pretty much everyone here dumb? besides yourself, the super fan?

SamsRams
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
so that makes pretty much everyone here dumb? besides yourself, the super fan?

no no, i'm extra dumb

Twentysix
04-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Depends on the reasoning.

imabison
04-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Who's in??

I am confused as a true Bison fan would not you wear you Bison gear where every you go??

SamsRams
04-01-2012, 10:48 PM
I am confused as a true Bison fan would not you wear you Bison gear where every you go??

agreed and coming off a NC, I think we need to spread our winning spirit to other venues

MNLonghorn10
04-01-2012, 11:22 PM
agreed and coming off a NC, I think we need to spread our winning spirit to other venues
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/SCSnare/sweetjesus.gif

mnriverbison
04-05-2012, 02:30 PM

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. Surely we need a "true fan" purity test where we find out if you indeed wear only Bison gear everywhere you go. I suppose we could create a class of "OK" fans who only are dedicated enough to wear Bison stuff to every single sporting event which they attend (regardless of the Bison's presence). And people who cheer for other teams in the same sports which the Bison play (even/especially? if those teams compete in another level of competition), why you guys may as well get the Fighting Sioux Logo tattooed on your forehead because you clearly don't love the Bison. :facepalm:

To the OP's point, that would be a cool idea but it would be more fun if we weren't so spread out. Is UND home that week? It would be freaking awesome to fill a spot in the Alerus with fans in Bison gear cheering for the visitors.

KTF
04-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Yes, thanks for pointing that out. Surely we need a "true fan" purity test where we find out if you indeed wear only Bison gear everywhere you go. I suppose we could create a class of "OK" fans who only are dedicated enough to wear Bison stuff to every single sporting event which they attend (regardless of the Bison's presence). And people who cheer for other teams in the same sports which the Bison play (even/especially? if those teams compete in another level of competition), why you guys may as well get the Fighting Sioux Logo tattooed on your forehead because you clearly don't love the Bison. :facepalm:

To the OP's point, that would be a cool idea but it would be more fun if we weren't so spread out. Is UND home that week? It would be freaking awesome to fill a spot in the Alerus with fans in Bison gear cheering for the visitors.

Do I really want to waste my money on the price of a ticket to watch that crap?? Maybe some other team...

Tatanka
04-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Do I really have to waste my money on the price of a ticket to watch that crap...

No, that is technically classified as torture.

And I think it's a bit douchey to attend their games and cheer for the opposition wearing Bison gear. How do we feel when we see UND fans roaming around prior to, say the SIU game wearing "Siouxlukis" tshirts or sporting teh hockies jerseys? Exactly.

Not saying don't rock the Bison gear, but don't be a douche while doing so. </$0.02>

SamsRams
04-06-2012, 04:43 AM

Yes I agree it would be fun if a bunch of Bison fans picked a game the off week and you here from the home team "why the hell are all these Bison fans here?" But the opposite of that would be cool also. If we all hit a game and took a picture of us at the tailgate and at the game in our Bison gear. I am not trying to be pompous, just trying to find something for those who want something fun do to over the bye week.

As per the UND question, sad you didnt read my whole orginal post. UND is one of the games I am considering going to as they play at San Diego St.

WYOBISONMAN
04-06-2012, 12:44 PM
I will likely be at a WYO game.......it is going to be brown and gold for me......

gotts
04-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I will likely be at a WYO game.......it is going to be brown and gold for me......

Ok, what about your clothing other than the underwear?

Strommer10
04-12-2012, 05:00 AM
No, that is technically classified as torture.

And I think it's a bit douchey to attend their games and cheer for the opposition wearing Bison gear. How do we feel when we see UND fans roaming around prior to, say the SIU game wearing "Siouxlukis" tshirts or sporting teh hockies jerseys? Exactly.

Not saying don't rock the Bison gear, but don't be a douche while doing so. </$0.02>
Completely agree with this. Although aren't they giving out tickets now so they can actually get a crowd at their games? :D

SamsRams
04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
my point of this was never about the school up North. honestly if it was Liberty at San Diego St I would be happier. really not sure why some of you got so worked up over this. I mean do you really wanna have a weekend with no tailgating and your wife ragging on you the whole time?

NorthernBison
04-12-2012, 12:22 PM
my point of this was never about the school up North. honestly if it was Liberty at San Diego St I would be happier. really not sure why some of you got so worked up over this. I mean do you really wanna have a weekend with no tailgating and your wife ragging on you the whole time?

No need to apologize.

I have my own personal philosophy about when and how much Bison gear to wear to sporting events that don't feature the Bison. I don't really care what anybody else does.

I don't wear it to UND events because they are the hated rival and I feel it makes me look too douchy. I don't want to be "one of those guys". I absolutely WOULD wear something like a hat, hoodie or sweatshirt to a MVFC Conference opponent's game during a bye week but I wouldn't stand out. (For example: I wouldn't go all SDBison at a Jacks game with the hard hat and a TAB coat although I would need something to cover the old coconut to avoid scaring small children). I would wear some Bison gear to almost any other college football game without hesitation.

One exception: I would NOT wear Championship gear to a SHSU game this season. Too confrontational.

tony
04-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Lafayette plays at Bucknell that weekend... might have to go and cheer on the Leopards (although it'd be weird to cheer against the Bison, even if their colors are blue and orange.)

MNLonghorn10
04-12-2012, 05:37 PM
ok. lets forget the fact that theres national games on tv all day on saturday...

well concordias at st. olaf

and msum doesn't have their schedule even ready..

valley city state is on the road

i guess ill have to goto the jamestown college vs south dakota mines & tech game to fulfill this totally awesome idea.

SamsRams
04-12-2012, 10:22 PM
ok. lets forget the fact that theres national games on tv all day on saturday...

well concordias at st. olaf

and msum doesn't have their schedule even ready..

valley city state is on the road

i guess ill have to goto the jamestown college vs south dakota mines & tech game to fulfill this totally awesome idea.

Again the original thought was to go to FCS games, so for people that are not allowed to leave a 4 block radius without their old ladies permission, they will not really enjoy the idea. Also, this is aimed at NDSU fans, not people with 13 different favorite teams so they can pump their chest up every year and pretend like they are a real fan of whichever team does the best.

MNLonghorn10
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Again the original thought was to go to FCS games, so for people that are not allowed to leave a 4 block radius without their old ladies permission, they will not really enjoy the idea. Also, this is aimed at NDSU fans, not people with 13 different favorite teams so they can pump their chest up every year and pretend like they are a real fan of whichever team does the best.
ok so we'll go to brookings and wear our championship shirts.

sounds cool. go bison! time to be real fans!

SamsRams
04-13-2012, 12:06 AM
ok so we'll go to brookings and wear our championship shirts.

sounds cool. go bison! time to be real fans!

again this us for bison fans, not for people who only cheer for ndsu when one of their 12 other favorite teams aren't playing

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2012, 12:33 AM
again this us for bison fans, not for people who only cheer for ndsu when one of their 12 other favorite teams aren't playing
well i guess i dont know what to say other than i wish i went to as many ndsu games as you did this year!!

so which one of the true bison fans on here is going to brookings to do this kick ass idea?

EndZoneQB
04-13-2012, 12:41 AM
well i guess i dont know what to say other than i wish i went to as many ndsu games as you did this year!!

so which one of the true bison fans on here is going to brookings to do this kick ass idea?

I'll be there!

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2012, 12:44 AM
I'll be there!
hey cool! wish i could join you guys.

make sure to rub in the bison championship the best you can! show that no matter if the bison are or aren't on the field...sams rams and the rest of bison nation are better than the home teams fans.

EndZoneQB
04-13-2012, 12:47 AM
hey cool! wish i could join you guys.

make sure to rub in the bison championship the best you can! show that no matter if the bison are or aren't on the field...sams rams and the rest of bison nation are better than the home teams fans.

Well if you weren't a fan of 12 other teams, like Texas football, Texas basketball, Texas baseball(refresh my memory, what are the other 9?), you could certainly be there. I bet Sav would be there too if he wasn't a fan of 14 other teams like Kansas basketball or LSU football.

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Well if you weren't a fan of 12 other teams, like Texas football, Texas basketball, Texas baseball(refresh my memory, what are the other 9?), you could certainly be there. I bet Sav would be there too if he wasn't a fan of 14 other teams like Kansas basketball or LSU football.
hey be nice bro!

i can't change the rule that following 1 fbs team and 1 fcs team is basically the same thing! i mean they each are considered division 1...so rats. wish i had jumped on that ndsu bandwagon before they went 6-5 and 3-8.. oh well.

so sam...how many of your cool awesome bison friends have you corralled to go to san diego state??

EndZoneQB
04-13-2012, 12:51 AM
hey be nice bro!

i can't change the rule that following 1 fbs team and 1 fcs team is basically the same thing! i mean they each are considered division 1...so rats. wish i had jumped on that ndsu bandwagon before they went 6-5 and 3-8.. oh well.

so sam...how many of your cool awesome bison friends have you corralled to go to san diego state??

I bet his boy lakesbison is going...wait he's a Gopher fan. He can't go. Sh*t. The list is shrinking drastically.

MNLonghorn10
04-13-2012, 12:53 AM
I bet his boy lakesbison is going...wait he's a Gopher fan. He can't go. Sh*t. The list is shrinking drastically.

well thats too bad..looks like its just cabison and sams rams...good luck guys!