PDA

View Full Version : recruits

calelars24
03-24-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205344647

onbison09
03-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Nice to have more recruits from Wisconsin and continuing the pipeline from Montana

344Johnson
03-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Nice to have more recruits from Wisconsin and continuing the pipeline from Montana

It'd be great if we could get the best of the best in North Dakota to stay here. Think if Schumacher, Latham, Schiller, Rollins, and some of those guys would have stayed. I understand that some of them are just out of our league, but to build a program, you need to dominate your homestate.

calelars24
03-28-2012, 05:42 PM
I honestly think guys of the caliber you mentioned want to be the best they can be, and I believe that they dont think they can achieve their max potential unless they go to a premier d1, big ten type school. One thing I have wondered since getting home from St. Louis is, would Pat Rollins had as good a tournament at d1's if he had spent two years at NDSU vs. Oregon State? Say Trent Sprenkle wasn't here and Rollins was NDSU starter, would he be as successful as he already has been at Oregon State?

344Johnson
04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
I honestly think guys of the caliber you mentioned want to be the best they can be, and I believe that they dont think they can achieve their max potential unless they go to a premier d1, big ten type school. One thing I have wondered since getting home from St. Louis is, would Pat Rollins had as good a tournament at d1's if he had spent two years at NDSU vs. Oregon State? Say Trent Sprenkle wasn't here and Rollins was NDSU starter, would he be as successful as he already has been at Oregon State?

That is a great question. Unfortunately, we will never really know the answer until we get a true stud (no offense to Johnson or Solberg, very good wrestlers) to stay at home. I just can't imagine Oregon State being that far ahead of NDSU. Maybe one day we will be able to keep some of these guys here. Just maybe.

BisoninNWMN
04-02-2012, 11:49 PM
The Gophers have always "cherry-picked" the best wrestling recruits in ND. The Steiners (Century 88) went to Iowa.

Simley and Apple Valley are wrestling powerhouses in MN.....interesting to see if we get some of these kids in the future.

calelars24
04-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Oregon state finished 10th, NDSU 36th

BisoninNWMN
04-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Oregon state finished 10th, NDSU 36th

.....and your point is?.........

calelars24
04-07-2012, 09:40 PM
That is a great question. Unfortunately, we will never really know the answer until we get a true stud (no offense to Johnson or Solberg, very good wrestlers) to stay at home. I just can't imagine Oregon State being that far ahead of NDSU. Maybe one day we will be able to keep some of these guys here. Just maybe.
Just my response to this

calelars24
04-15-2012, 12:22 AM
It'd be great if we could get the best of the best in North Dakota to stay here. Think if Schumacher, Latham, Schiller, Rollins, and some of those guys would have stayed. I understand that some of them are just out of our league, but to build a program, you need to dominate your homestate.
http://news.theopenmat.com/2012/04/beav’s-pick-up-n-d-stud-reis/

eventually, I'm hoping guys like this are studs we can get in our program

SamsRams
05-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Grant Dullinger (http://www.theguillotine.com/highsch/wheregoing/wherego2012.htm) 125 lb out of St Cloud