PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to SDSU on going to the Big Dance!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
03-06-2012, 02:52 AM
Congrats on winning the Summit League Championship and punching your ticket to the big dance. When you add up the fact that there have been 3 upsets already giving them the easiest path of all time in any conference tourney in the history of all sports, take away the best player in the semifinal game (the only player that would give SUU a shot), the tourney game being at home in front of your home crowd.....it is history in the making. A 20 point blowout win over Western Illinois won't quite feel like a Woodside jumper to beat a great Oakland team, but it will punch their ticket. Wolters is a tremendous talent. ORU scores 4 points in the last 8 minutes to lose, epic meltdown. The stars are aligned for the Jacks. Congrats!

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 02:57 AM
They still have 49:46 to go.

SDbison
03-06-2012, 03:08 AM
Can I throw up now?

Mr. Burgundy
03-06-2012, 03:08 AM
They will win by 20 tonight and tomorrow. Everyone has laid down for them. Too bad the good SUU player got hurt tonight. Always fun to at least play teams at full strength.

HoopsBison
03-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Didnt realize we were the home of SDSU Hoops...

A bit premature but will be heavily Favorited tomorrow night but not sure this is proper place and time for this thread.

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 03:10 AM

A bit premature but will be heavily Favorited tomorrow night but not sure this is proper place and time for this thread.

a g r e e d, wait till tommorow night to crown SDSU imo.

Mr. Burgundy
03-06-2012, 03:14 AM
a g r e e d, wait till tommorow night to crown SDSU imo.

Cry me a river. If a mod wants to move a thread they will. Sorry....I thought basketball was a decent spot. Some people just bitch to bitch.

SDbison
03-06-2012, 03:15 AM
I hope this thread will jinx the bunnies and they lose. Sorry no love for the bunnies from me. I have to live amongst their fans and they are not as nice as some of you believe.

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Cry me a river. If a mod wants to move a thread they will. Sorry....I thought basketball was a decent spot. Some people just bitch to bitch.

Youve been around forever and know where to put threads. Fundamentals... oh wait we are in basketball. :facepalm:

I do agree that SDSU has got to be the favorite tommorow....but im not counting WIU out until they atleast play 2/3rds of the game.

HoopsBison
03-06-2012, 03:19 AM

I definitely respect your posts and knowledge you bring to the basketball forum Mr. Burgundy but this thread just ate at me for whatever reason. My intentions are not to whine but I dont feel the need to congratulate our rivals until its actually set in stone. SDSU should definitely take care of business tomorrow night and they are a good team with a great player. But with the way our season ended and the way its fallen into their lap I just didnt care for it in our basketball forum.

Mr. Burgundy
03-06-2012, 03:22 AM
Glad I gave you something to whine about. SDSU will cover a large spread tomorrow. Book that. Mods please move this so we can get back to Bison basketball in this thread and everyone will be ok.

HandoEX
03-06-2012, 03:28 AM
If SDSU wins tomorrow, it's because they have a great team. No one will remember that other teams got upset along the way!

DIBISON
03-06-2012, 03:51 AM

I agree and SDSU also blows.

smoothjack
03-06-2012, 03:52 AM
If SDSU wins tomorrow, it's because they have a great team. No one will remember that other teams got upset along the way!

Very classy post Hando, thanks for the kind words!

NDSUstudent
03-06-2012, 03:57 AM
SDSU has it locked up congrats on the 13 seed.

wow
03-06-2012, 04:38 AM
Congrats on winning the Summit League Championship and punching your ticket to the big dance. When you add up the fact that there have been 3 upsets already giving them the easiest path of all time in any conference tourney in the history of all sports, take away the best player in the semifinal game (the only player that would give SUU a shot), the tourney game being at home in front of your home crowd.....it is history in the making. A 20 point blowout win over Western Illinois won't quite feel like a Woodside jumper to beat a great Oakland team, but it will punch their ticket. Wolters is a tremendous talent. ORU scores 4 points in the last 8 minutes to lose, epic meltdown. The stars are aligned for the Jacks. Congrats!

#sour grapes

Burgundy, you seem to be well respected on this board, this kind of post is beneath you.

BTW, the Summit is a much tougher league today than it was when NDSU's only challenger was Oakland. #notdebatable

I would love to hear more about your Woody from 5 years ago, please tell us more about how that felt.

BadlandsBison
03-06-2012, 04:41 AM
#sour grapes

Burgundy, you seem to be well respected on this board, this kind of post is beneath you.

BTW, the Summit is a much tougher league today than it was when NDSU's only challenger was Oakland. #notdebatable

I would love to hear more about your Woody from 5 years ago, please tell us more about how that felt.

Tell us more of Wolters
@fallenangel

I kid, good work

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

steelbison
03-06-2012, 04:43 AM
#sour grapes

Wow. A tougher league today? Other than the top two teams this was a weak conference this year. Explain to me how that's not debatable.

wow
03-06-2012, 05:18 AM
Wow. A tougher league today? Other than the top two teams this was a weak conference this year. Explain to me how that's not debatable.

LOL, best ever RPI finish for the conference and 5 of the country's best scorers. Woodside was the only Summit player to average over 20 in 08-09.

Also, no Centenary this year, end of debate.

mgbison
03-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Sdsu dancing. Two words that should never be in the same sentence. It's a sign of the apocalypse.

jimmyptubas
03-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Just finished work and checked my phone. Really shocked to see ORU got beat. Wow. I will expect to see Sdsu dancing and probably will cheer for them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Herd Mentality
03-06-2012, 06:06 AM

Couldn't agree more...

And man...I thought there were some whiny bitches on the football forum. #goodgrief

ndsubison1
03-06-2012, 06:29 AM
SDSU has it locked up congrats on the 13 seed.

i just dont see them getting a 13 seed. 14 is more like it. committee might even put them as a 15 seed and match them up with missouri so it can be in omaha

NDSUstudent
03-06-2012, 06:48 AM
i just dont see them getting a 13 seed. 14 is more like it. committee might even put them as a 15 seed and match them up with missouri so it can be in omaha

They won't be a 15, they'll have an RPI around 50 with some solid wins. They are right on that 13/14 bubble right now.

ndsubison1
03-06-2012, 07:32 AM
other than beating washington their non conference wins are terrible. 13 is unlikely unless there are some more upsets in the smaller conferences

DjKyRo
03-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Best of luck to SDSU if they do claim the win, but why is everyone writing WIU off? I respect a team that pulls out a gutty win like they did over ORU. It'd be something if they could pull it off and get to the dance when everyone was ignoring them in the preseason.

HoopsBison
03-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Best of luck to SDSU if they do claim the win, but why is everyone writing WIU off? I respect a team that pulls out a gutty win like they did over ORU. It'd be something if they could pull it off and get to the dance when everyone was ignoring them in the preseason.

They do have the DPOY in Clark and Parks is a beast. They play a frustrating game that can get at their opponents. However with how good SDSU is playing and having it in their backyard seems to push them over the top. They are focused and on a mission.

Ill say Jacks by 10

unbison
03-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Leathernecks gOnna be dancing!!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
03-06-2012, 12:02 PM
#sour grapes

The facts of my post stated that there were three large upsets in the Summit Tourney that lead to a simple path for SDSU to the big dance. Also noted that the best player and only bigtime scorer for SUU was hurt with about 17 minutes to go in the first half and was done. Add the fact that they got a night off and Western Illinois is playing 3rd game in three night against a hostile home crowd, this will be a blowout. I noted congrats multiple times. Not even sure why you would be on the bison board on a night like this. Get out and celebrate, you are going to the big dance. Stars are aligned. Sorry you are insecure and you feel this is a negative toward SDSU, facts are that alot of things lined up and SDSU is hosting a game in which they will be heavily favored.

BisonSD
03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Sdsu women's team is still playing too, right? Man that has to be fun for their students. I know it gets discussed every year, but at times like this I kinda wish the tournament was played in a more neutral place. Good luck to the rabbits though. Wish it was north Dakota still playing, but since it's not, its good to see one of the Dakotas represented.

NorthernBison
03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
The facts of my post stated that there were three large upsets in the Summit Tourney that lead to a simple path for SDSU to the big dance. Also noted that the best player and only bigtime scorer for SUU was hurt with about 17 minutes to go in the first half and was done. Add the fact that they got a night off and Western Illinois is playing 3rd game in three night against a hostile home crowd, this will be a blowout. I noted congrats multiple times. Not even sure why you would be on the bison board on a night like this. Get out and celebrate, you are going to the big dance. Stars are aligned. Sorry you are insecure and you feel this is a negative toward SDSU, facts are that alot of things lined up and SDSU is hosting a game in which they will be heavily favored.

Everything you said is correct.

That said, I give your original post an A+++++ and nominate it for "Passive-Aggressive Backhanded Compliment of the Year". (PABCOY)

Mr. Burgundy
03-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Everything you said is correct.

That said, I give your original post an A+++++ and nominate it for "Passive-Aggressive Backhanded Compliment of the Year". (PABCOY)

But...but....I put it in the wrong thread!!!! It doesn't belong under basketball!!!!

MNLonghorn10
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I, for one, hope sdsu wins tonight.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

NorthernBison
03-06-2012, 12:32 PM
But...but....I put it in the wrong thread!!!! It doesn't belong under basketball!!!!

I don't care where it is. I admire your passion for Bison Basketball. Your OP was all about emotion and not exactly well thought out but the passion resonated. It makes great conversation and tweaks the Bunnies to no end.

It also will be hilarious if they find a way to choke it away. Then you will qualify for the "Devious Bastard of the Year" award (DBOY).

MNLonghorn10
03-06-2012, 12:33 PM

Suu over oakland... Wiu over oru...whats the third large upset.

If its wiu over ndsu, im going to laugh

Bison"FANatic"
03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Its always fun to poke a rabbit with a stick and see how it responds.

TransAmBison
03-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Meh, I don't see the fun in envy or jealousy. I for one am cheering for SDSU without reservation. Win the tourney and make the Summit proud in the Dance!

RedRiver
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Go Western. Why would I cheer for our arch-rival? It's possible during the NCAA tournament because then I'll cheer for the Summit team, but not before. SDSU sucks!

GRAFTONBISON
03-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Suu over oakland... Wiu over oru...whats the third large upset.

If its wiu over ndsu, im going to laugh

I have been asking the same question since the original post, but assumed I was forgetting one.

I agree wholeheartedly.

steelbison
03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
LOL, best ever RPI finish for the conference and 5 of the country's best scorers. Woodside was the only Summit player to average over 20 in 08-09.

Also, no Centenary this year, end of debate.

So the RPI is the end all be all. For me it's the eyeball test. This conference was way down this year. After the top two teams it was nothing but avg/below avg teams.

Also because there were more 20 plus point scorers thats how you judge basketball?

Until SDSU beats a top 15 program come talk to me...Wait make that two top 15 teams...To dismiss What Ben accomplished at NDSU is comical coming from a bunny fan.

Where were you when we beat you 10 straight??

Mr. Burgundy
03-06-2012, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=GRAFTONBISON;610696]I have been asking the same question since the original post, but assumed I was forgetting one.

I agree wholeheartedly.[/QUOTE
Ndsu lost to western Illinois. Favored by 2 to 3.5 depending on location.

MNLonghorn10
03-06-2012, 01:33 PM
So the RPI is the end all be all. For me it's the eyeball test. This conference was way down this year. After the top two teams it was nothing but avg/below avg teams.

Also because there were more 20 plus point scorers thats how you judge basketball?

Until SDSU beats a top 15 program come talk to me...Wait make that two top 15 teams...To dismiss What Ben accomplished at NDSU is comical coming from a bunny fan.

Hang your hat on somethin that happened 5 yrs ago?

News flash...nobody in the country remembers..or cares. Nobodys goin to get in line to talk to you...theyll be makin flight and hotel reservations to wherever sdsu goes if they win. Ncaa tournament appearance>>>>>>>wins over wisconsin and marquette in a transition year

BisonTeacher
03-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I have been programmed/brainwashed to think SDSU is our rival. Therefore I can't cheer for them. :biggrin:

aces1180
03-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Let's just hope that SDSU doesn't blow a 27 point lead in the last 10 minutes (quarter) of the game and still lose by 13 like the football team did at Montana in 2009...

bisonmike2
03-06-2012, 01:50 PM
If they win, congrats to them. They've earned it and while I'm not a fan of SDSU, I feel the institution and the fan base deserve it for taking the plunge into D1 with us.

aces1180
03-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm cheering for the Leathernecks...F' SDSU.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Good Luck to SDSU.....a team with a roster of South Dakota and Minnesota players. I can only actively cheer against one University, and right now I am too busy laughing at them.

wow
03-06-2012, 02:06 PM

I guess I'll go with the systems favored by the experts who make a living in college basketball over a fan's eyeball test. Funny stuff.

That's how pretty much everyone, everywhere judges basketball. The best teams have the best players.

Woodside was amazing.

Mostly, listening to Bison fans say things like Wolters will never be a difference maker, Dykstra is soft, and Nagy can't coach.

MNLonghorn10
03-06-2012, 02:10 PM
If they win, congrats to them. They've earned it and while I'm not a fan of SDSU, I feel the institution and the fan base deserve it for taking the plunge into D1 with us.

Exactly this.

HandoEX
03-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I guess I'll go with the systems favored by the experts who make a living in college basketball over a fan's eyeball test. Funny stuff.

The "experts" picked NDSU to beat WIU, but the eyeball test sure didn't.

That's how pretty much everyone, everywhere judges basketball. The best teams have the best players.

Alex Young wasn't on a good team. Hamilton was amazing but his team was middle of the road at best. Besides, defense is a part of basketball too, not just scoring.

IBleedYellow
03-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I will be cheering for SDSU. I there is only one place who I can hate vividly until the day I die. SDSU is a rival, but one who I will cheer for unless they are playing NDSU. Their fans of classy enough and they deserve this win, and also my support.

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=GRAFTONBISON;610696]I have been asking the same question since the original post, but assumed I was forgetting one.

I agree wholeheartedly.[/QUOTE
Ndsu lost to western Illinois. Favored by 2 to 3.5 depending on location.

We were swept 3 times and still favored? Hahahajahahahahwhq

SDbison
03-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Bunnies should win big in both games tonight, but it would be funny to see them choke just like they did against Montana in the football playoffs a few years ago.
About 3 bunny fans pulled for and gave NDSU credit when the FCS championship was won. Now SDSU is going for the Summit conference title and there are dozens of bisonville posters cheering for them. Wow, if some of you knew how much their fans despise NDSU.

BisonBlogger
03-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Any team that can hold a very good offensive team like ORU to 53 points is certainly capable of beating SDSU. WIU was #1 in scoring defense in the league by a full 6 points.

There will be a lot of pressure for Wolters to score in this game. If he is held down somewhat, look for WIU to win it. SDUS's supporting cast may not be good enough to overcome their star being held down.

A team with a solid defense and an coach that thinks defense that typically comes up with an excellent defensive game plan has the edge in a tournament situation like this IMO.

NDSUstudent
03-06-2012, 03:10 PM
other than beating washington their non conference wins are terrible. 13 is unlikely unless there are some more upsets in the smaller conferences

They beat Buffalo, honestly it would help them if Nevada chokes in their conference tournament.

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Any team that can hold a very good offensive team like ORU to 53 points is certainly capable of beating SDSU. WIU was #1 in scoring defense in the league by a full 6 points.

There will be a lot of pressure for Wolters to score in this game. If he is held down somewhat, look for WIU to win it. SDUS's supporting cast may not be good enough to overcome their star being held down.

A team with a solid defense and an coach that thinks defense that typically comes up with an excellent defensive game plan has the edge in a tournament situation like this IMO.

It will depend entirely on the threeball for SDSU.

If wolters (11 points) and dykstra (7 points) aren't scoring from 3 they are toast.

(my point predictions)

KUlawJack
03-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Bunnies should win big in both games tonight, but it would be funny to see them choke just like they did against Montana in the football playoffs a few years ago.
About 3 bunny fans pulled for and gave NDSU credit when the FCS championship was won. Now SDSU is going for the Summit conference title and there are dozens of bisonville posters cheering for them. Wow, if some of you knew how much their fans despise NDSU.

Really? Only 3 SDSU fans pulled for and gave NDSU credit? News flash: The internets does not total the majority of any fan base. I personally know quite a few fans who cheered for the Bison (myself included) and congratulated other NDSU grads on the win.

TransAmBison
03-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Really? Only 3 SDSU fans pulled for and gave NDSU credit? News flash: The internets does not total the majority of any fan base. I personally know quite a few fans who cheered for the Bison (myself included) and congratulated other NDSU grads on the win.SDSU has more than 3 fans? :D

Bison"FANatic"
03-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Its going to be a interesting game tonight. Defense just about always shows up but 3 point shooting can be streaky. WIU gave up 17 and 10 to Wolters but Dykstra went off at home (5-5 from 3) to put distance between the two in the last game. If WIU can stay out of foul trouble on Parks and have him have a strong game down low and get obi going it could be a interesting game tonight.

Who knows what is going to happen as nobody expected the tourney to go the way it has so far. WIU and their D snuck up on most.

I am just happy ORU received a nice loss as a parting gift from the conference. I bet they never want to step foot in the Dakota's again.

Mr. Burgundy
03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
One of of the "avenues" that I use, the largest spread of the night of ANY NCAA game is currently SDSU -10.5 over Western Illinois. That is the title game, most other games are early round games (Big East) where you would expect some large spreads. Hopefully SDSU will take advantage of how the bracket has laid itself out and win this going away. I predict 16+ point win for the Jacks. 3 upsets in a row for Western Illinois on back to back to back nights will prove to be too much and the Jacks roll easy in front of their home crowd. Who would have thought they could beat IUPUI, SUU (with their best player out with injury) and Western Illinois to win this tourney?

NDSUstudent
03-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Lunardi has SDSU as 13 seed playing Wisconsin in Portland. That would be a terrific draw for the Jacks.

HandoEX
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Lunardi has SDSU as 13 seed playing Wisconsin in Portland. That would be a terrific draw for the Jacks.
And a HORRIBLE draw for their fans. Having the Bison at the Metrodome against the defending Champ was amazing. Would be tough for them to have more than a handful make the trip to Portland. Omaha would be pretty awesome for them.

NDSUstudent
03-06-2012, 05:14 PM
And a HORRIBLE draw for their fans. Having the Bison at the Metrodome against the defending Champ was amazing. Would be tough for them to have more than a handful make the trip to Portland. Omaha would be pretty awesome for them.

Well Portland is probably the worst location for their fans, I'll agree. That said it looks like Nashville is probably the best location they can hope for. KU and Mizzou seem to have a strangle hold on Omaha.

That said if Mizzou, KU and St Louis are all in Omaha how many tickets will be left for SDSU fans? When we played in the dome only KU really traveled well.

Ginsbach
03-06-2012, 05:27 PM
This thread is a bit presumptuous. I didn't expect WIU to win against ORU, but it happened. What's to stop it from happening again?

MNLonghorn10
03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
its because ndsu is successful most years, in the sport that matters.

big difference in seeing sdsu in the dance for local appeal as they get destroyed by ohio state. id rather see that then wiu vs syracuse.

they weren't cheering on ndsu because ndsu was a 2 seed, and had home field throughout.. obviously we know how that turned out.

ndsubison1
03-06-2012, 06:19 PM
i would not could not should not cheer for the bunnies. go leathernecks!

TransAmBison
03-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Could you for show? Could you with a ho? Could you, would you for your bro?

MNLonghorn10
03-06-2012, 06:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0hjLJZFng

SDbison
03-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Could you for show? Could you with a ho? Could you, would you for your bro? Now that's funny! Was this your # 11,000 post TAB?

CAS4127
03-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Now that's funny! Was this your # 11,000 post TAB?

11,001-->and he forgot to credit Dr. Seuss. You know, the books his kids read to him at night so he can fall asleep??!!

TransAmBison
03-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Now that's funny! Was this your # 11,000 post TAB?I'll have to defer to CAS...I didn't keep track of my posts (I think he is obsessed with me).

CAS4127
03-06-2012, 07:05 PM
I'll have to defer to CAS...I didn't keep track of my posts (I know he is feels sorry for my wife).

FIFY!

Tranny is gay!!

ndsubison1
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Could you for show? Could you with a ho? Could you, would you for your bro?

I do not like them
in a house.
I do not like them
with a mouse.
I do not like them
here or there.
I do not like them
anywhere.
I do not like the bunnies transam
I do not like them, transam I am

TransAmBison
03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
I do not like them
in a house.
I do not like them
with a mouse.
I do not like them
here or there.
I do not like them
anywhere.
I do not like the bunnies transam
I do not like them, transam I am
Would you like them
in the spring?
Could you like them
if you weren't Ming?
Would you like them
in a wolf t-shirt?
Could you like them
if the fatties would flirt?

SDbison
03-06-2012, 09:24 PM
You guys are nuts.......

TransAmBison
03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
You guys are nuts.......Maybe Ming would like them with nuts
Maybe he would like them in huts
Maybe he would like their buts
if they were in ruts.

gobison#6
03-07-2012, 02:24 AM
Western Illinois currently up by about 10 with about 11 minutes left. The game is on ESPN2 if anyone cares to watch it.

Twentysix
03-07-2012, 02:31 AM
There is a thread about it where it belongs. BV is watching.

gobison#6
03-07-2012, 02:40 AM
yep realized that after i posted. this game is gonna come down to the wire.

Mr. Burgundy
03-07-2012, 03:27 AM
Congrats to the Jacks. Worst game they will play all year. They will never play that bad again. Hard to believe. I really expected Wolters to shine under the lights of ESPN. Instead he and Dykstra were absolutely horrible. Shocking that Western finished so poorly and gave them them win by being more concerned about the clock than their offense. They stopped attacking and accepted jumpers. Not sure I remember a team get more lucky breaks. That three pointer was critical by Chad White, who played well and bailed out their stars who forgot to show up. I also was shocked at how smug Wolters came off during that game. He has always risen to the occasion (other than his first many Bison games) during big games, he just didn't have it tonight. The senior stepped up and hit a massive 3 pointer, I just love how he plays. Glue guy who can shoot it and defend. Great player that will be a big loss. Western flat out ran out of gas. 3 games in 3 nights with an overtime, they were shot. Not sure it was a good game, but it was close. Was waiting for Wolters to simply take over and demand he was the difference. That brutal of a game might hurt their seed. The difference between a 13 and a 14 is a big difference. I stil think they get the 13. Hopefully they play better and represent themselves well in the dance. Enjoy it. Wish we were there.

KSBisonFan
03-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Congrats to the Jacks. Worst game they will play all year. They will never play that bad again. Hard to believe. I really expected Wolters to shine under the lights of ESPN. Instead he and Dykstra were absolutely horrible. Shocking that Western finished so poorly and gave them them win by being more concerned about the clock than their offense. They stopped attacking and accepted jumpers. Not sure I remember a team get more lucky breaks. That three pointer was critical by Chad White, who played well and bailed out their stars who forgot to show up. I also was shocked at how smug Wolters came off during that game. He has always risen to the occasion (other than his first many Bison games) during big games, he just didn't have it tonight. The senior stepped up and hit a massive 3 pointer, I just love how he plays. Glue guy who can shoot it and defend. Great player that will be a big loss. Western flat out ran out of gas. 3 games in 3 nights with an overtime, they were shot. Not sure it was a good game, but it was close. Was waiting for Wolters to simply take over and demand he was the difference. That brutal of a game might hurt their seed. The difference between a 13 and a 14 is a big difference. I stil think they get the 13. Hopefully they play better and represent themselves well in the dance. Enjoy it. Wish we were there.

Sounds like Hale, doesn't it? Oh wait, Hale can't shoot even though he's supposedly a "glue" guy. My bad.

Twentysix
03-07-2012, 03:36 AM
Now that SDSU has actually won. I give them congrats! I will cheer on the bunnies against any challenger in the NCAA.

SDSUAlum08
03-07-2012, 03:38 AM

++++++

Great post Burg. You touched on everything I was thinking. I'm still embarrassed right now after that game. I had friends texting me about how bad Wolters and SDSU looked. Well, they were right. Worst game of the year and luckily Western Illinois is so bad that SDSU still could pull it off. I also thought about the tournament seed and I really hope they get the #13 seed. Playing a #3 will be too much for SDSU. They need a matchup against a team like Wisconsin, etc.

I thought the game was terrible to watch and basically embarrassed the league a bit. They need a better showing in the NCAA and so does the league. It would be great if they could finally get a win.

MNLonghorn10
03-07-2012, 03:43 AM
big ups jacks!

i said it like 3 times...but for local appeal since sdsus campus is just a few hrs away from me...id rather see them playing over wiu. good luck to whoever. hope you get a good match up, and the 3's fall for you next week!

1998braves64
Sounds like Hale, doesn't it? Oh wait, Hale can't shoot even though he's supposedly a "glue" guy. My bad.

He can shoot... it just doesn't go in the hoop.

HoopsBison
Wow painful game to watch. Just the way WIU loves it and also a credit to how terrible SDSU played. At the end of the day the better team won and thats good for this league. Now go get a win SDSU.

As Mr.B said, I wish it was us.

Tatanka
03-07-2012, 03:50 AM
Congrats SDSU.

KSBisonFan
03-07-2012, 03:51 AM
He can shoot... it just doesn't go in the hoop.
Touche! Rep your way......but can he run the fast break?.....Epic fail!!!

NDSUstudent
03-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Congrats to the Jacks, they struggled but won which is what good teams do. Congrats to WIU and coach Molinari for turning things around and becoming a contender in the Summit.

North Side
03-07-2012, 04:27 AM
Glad I gave you something to whine about. SDSU will cover a large spread tomorrow. Book that. Mods please move this so we can get back to Bison basketball in this thread and everyone will be ok. booked it... on espn streak for the cash... and lost

huskon4ever
03-07-2012, 04:54 AM
An absolutely embarrassing game for the Summit. If that game doesn't prove this league was down this year, I don't know what will. 44 points in 40 minutes of play? Are you serious? I've been saying what Burgundy said here - the chips could not have fallen any better for SDSU this year. Wolters got bailed out big time by Callahan and White's 3s. When the bunnies needed the bounces, they got them (White's 2nd 3) and having an arena packed with SDSU fans gave them the confidence to believe they were never out of it - the crowd was going nuts when they cut the deficit to 9. I didn't want SDSU to win this game because I didn't want to have to hear about it for the next year, but I will cheer them on to hopefully having a better showing in the tourney than they did tonight to keep up what the Summit has shown the past few years.

NDSUstudent
03-07-2012, 05:08 AM
You guys do realize WIU basically sits on the ball offensively and tries to grind every game out. They want to ugly it up and they are very good at forcing that kind of game. They did the same thing to Michigan earlier this year and lost 55-59.

DjKyRo
03-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Congrats to SDSU. Depending on whom they match up with in the bracket, I could see myself pondering picking them in a game. Represent the Summit well!

HerdBot
03-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Totally jealous. Both mens and women. Home crowd. Dramatic fashion. Wow. Once again the 2 Dakota schools are continuing the trend of dominating both leagues. No wonder ORU pussied out and left. Big win for the program. This will help them in all sports. We better not ease up. The good news is WIU was obviously better than we gave them credit and the next 2 years will be good for us

sambini
03-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Congrats jacks

bobcat
03-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Congrats Jacks! Good luck in the dance!

bisonmike2
03-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Yeah congrats to SDSU and all but the big story should be this.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20120307/VOICES/303070029/Look-for-Wilbur-Gigglebees-to-make-comeback-soon?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home&nclick_check=1

Saw it when I went to the argus leader to read about last nights game. Gigglebee's making a comeback! This is excellent news. If you were a kid that grew up in eastern South Dakota in the past 25 years or so this is great news.

jimmyptubas
03-07-2012, 02:03 PM
does anyone have any idea if there is place to watch highlights of the game. I was following the score on my phone but i'd like to see some highlights if they exist.

KSBisonFan
03-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah congrats to SDSU and all but the big story should be this.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20120307/VOICES/303070029/Look-for-Wilbur-Gigglebees-to-make-comeback-soon?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home&nclick_check=1

Saw it when I went to the argus leader to read about last nights game. Gigglebee's making a comeback! This is excellent news. If you were a kid that grew up in eastern South Dakota in the past 25 years or so this is great news.

Awesome! Nothing gets Thread Drift Wednesday off and running like a big aardvark-looking coyote on a trike with a giant blue platter. Rock on!

bisonmike2
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Awesome! Nothing gets Thread Drift Wednesday off and running like a big aardvark-looking coyote on a trike with a giant blue platter. Rock on!

That photo is begging for a caption contest. Look at Wilbur's eyes. He looks scared.

http://cmsimg.argusleader.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DF&Date=20120307&Category=VOICES&ArtNo=303070029&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Look-Wilbur-Gigglebees-make-comeback-soon
"Help me! He touches me at night."

KSBisonFan
03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
That photo is begging for a caption contest. Look at Wilbur's eyes. He looks scared.

http://cmsimg.argusleader.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=DF&Date=20120307&Category=VOICES&ArtNo=303070029&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Look-Wilbur-Gigglebees-make-comeback-soon
"Help me! He touches me at night."
That's hilarious! Only thing better would be to photo shop Sandusky's face on the guy. Also, notice the shades mostly closed. Soooo, did the ardvaark drive his trike into the office? Wouldn't those big furry feet get in the way of pedaling? So many questions and so few answers.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-07-2012, 02:49 PM

That right there is funny....................++++++++++++++++++++

BisonBlogger
03-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Does anyone on these boards watch the defensive side of the game? Comments about it being a poor game or Wolters not being able to take over etc. This game was a WIU defensive clinic.

Wolters could get nothing attacking with the dribble from the top. Give Coach Nagy credit for getting some space for Wolters on clear outs from the elbow but boy WIU just was able to shut down everything in the paint (Made Dykstra look foolish) but still was able to recover to the perimeter to close effectively on 3-point shooters until the last few minutes of the game when Calahan hit some big shots. Very impressive half-court defense. A big difference from how the Bison played against this SDSU this year. Wolters seemed to be able to do what he wanted almost at will against our guys.

One thing WIU does that keeps the game managable for them is they drop 4 and sometimes all 5 guys back when they shoot the ball. They sacrifice any chance of getting offensive rebounds to make sure they don't give up any easy transition drives or threes. This worked very well for them last night. Just some bad decisions by their guards last night on the offensive end at the end of regulation and OT cost them the game.

I think the talk of Wolters being a NBA second round draft choice may have been pretty much put to bed last night as well. His perimeter game leaves a lot to be desired and as we seen last night, being able to score off the dribble can be stopped. Going against bigger and quicker players at the pro level would make it very difficult for him.

He is not really that quick as much as his ball handling skills get him to the rim at the mid-major college level.

KUlawJack
03-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Does anyone on these boards watch the defensive side of the game? Comments about it being a poor game or Wolters not being able to take over etc. This game was a WIU defensive clinic.

Wolters could get nothing attacking with the dribble from the top. Give Coach Nagy credit for getting some space for Wolters on clear outs from the elbow but boy WIU just was able to shut down everything in the paint (Made Dykstra look foolish) but still was able to recover to the perimeter to close effectively on 3-point shooters until the last few minutes of the game when Calahan hit some big shots. Very impressive half-court defense. A big difference from how the Bison played against this SDSU this year. Wolters seemed to be able to do what he wanted almost at will against our guys.

One thing WIU does that keeps the game managable for them is they drop 4 and sometimes all 5 guys back when they shoot the ball. They sacrifice any chance of getting offensive rebounds to make sure they don't give up any easy transition drives or threes. This worked very well for them last night. Just some bad decisions by their guards last night on the offensive end at the end of regulation and OT cost them the game.

I think the talk of Wolters being a NBA second round draft choice may have been pretty much put to bed last night as well. His perimeter game leaves a lot to be desired and as we seen last night, being able to score off the dribble can be stopped. Going against bigger and quicker players at the pro level would make it very difficult for him.

He is not really that quick as much as his ball handling skills get him to the rim at the mid-major college level.

I guess the Jacks defense wasn't all that terrible either then since we won.

BisonBlogger
03-07-2012, 03:57 PM
The Jacks defense wasn't the story of the game because WIU will frequently score in the 50's while the Jacks usually score in the 70's.

The Jacks did play a good defensive game but for someone watching the Jacks for the first time on offense, they were not impressive but that was due to the WIU defense.

Congrats on your win.

Mr. Burgundy
03-07-2012, 04:15 PM

Was anyone else shocked at how bad Wolter's was from long range? I actually was questioning the announcers when he said he shoots only 24% from 3 pt range. He seems way too good for that. I fully expected him to eventually take over that game. Neither team had any depth and the "good defense" was matched by "bad offense" and tired young men. I can't imagine the NBA scouts were real excited after that game. When WIU stopped attacking the rim and strictly tyring to eat up the entire shot clock they lost their mojo. They settled for contested jump shots in a hostile arena and folded down the stretch. When SDSU hit the 3 pointer that bounced up and then went in, you knew it was over. Really impressed with how hard Western Illinois plays, hopefully they will be this good down the road, very beneficial to the conference.

Bison"FANatic"
03-07-2012, 04:29 PM
The thing that impressed me the most was how fast WIU rotated in and out of their double and triple teams. They are relentless on the defensive end and I hope we learn something from them.

Tatanka
03-07-2012, 04:37 PM
The thing that impressed me the most was how fast WIU rotated in and out of their double and triple teams. They are relentless on the defensive end and I hope we learn something from them.

This. Their ability to recover quickly on the defensive end is a thing to behold.

unbison
03-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Everyone can complain all they want sdsu won the conference with players recruited for the most part after ndsu went to the big dance so they are players Saul couldn't get to Fargo or didn't want anyone that says differently should take off their bison tinted glasses and look again they beat us recruiting they beat us on the floor it is what it is

mango
03-07-2012, 05:51 PM
This. Their ability to recover quickly on the defensive end is a thing to behold.

There was one possession, I believe it was in OT, when Western Illinois was so far out of alignment, it looked like SDSU was going to get a great 3-point look, if not a layup, but they recovered so quickly, SDSU didn't even get a shot up and had to reset. That is a great defensive team.

jacksfan29
03-07-2012, 05:57 PM
An absolutely embarrassing game for the Summit. If that game doesn't prove this league was down this year, I don't know what will. 44 points in 40 minutes of play? Are you serious? I've been saying what Burgundy said here - the chips could not have fallen any better for SDSU this year. Wolters got bailed out big time by Callahan and White's 3s. When the bunnies needed the bounces, they got them (White's 2nd 3) and having an arena packed with SDSU fans gave them the confidence to believe they were never out of it - the crowd was going nuts when they cut the deficit to 9. I didn't want SDSU to win this game because I didn't want to have to hear about it for the next year, but I will cheer them on to hopefully having a better showing in the tourney than they did tonight to keep up what the Summit has shown the past few years.

Where did the league RPI place the conference this year compared to 2009? Keep telling yourself the league was down this year, not sure how that makes you feel better but if it works for you good luck.

WIU plays ugly, SDSU allowed WIU to dictate the pace and style of play (much like the Bison and ORU did). In addition both Wolters and Dykstra shot poorly. Your going to take one game and say that the conference is down this year, do your homework.

BisonSD
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
It is interesting - If you compare bison stats to sdsu stats against wui they are pretty close:
Wol ters scored 14. Tray scored 14.
Bison had 15 fouls. Sdsu had 8 fouls.
Bison had 0 blocks. Sdsu has 3 blocks.
Bison had 27 rebounds. Sdsu had 33 rebounds.
Bison had 9 turnovers. Sdsu had 9 turnovers.
Bison had 6 steals. Sdsu had 6 steals.
Bison had 10 assists. Sdsu had 9 assists.
Bison had 2 starters who contributed 7 fouls, 3 turnovers, and 0 points. Sdsu had 1 starter who contributed 6 turnovers and 6 points, and another starter who contributed 4 fouls and 3 points.

TransAmBison
03-07-2012, 06:21 PM
If you compare bison stats to sdsu stats against wui:
Wol ters scored 14. Tray scored 14.
Bison had 15 fouls. Sdsu had 8 fouls.
Bison had 0 blocks. Sdsu has 3 blocks.
Bison had 27 rebounds. Sdsu had 33 rebounds.
Bison had 9 turnovers. Sdsu had 9 turnovers.
Bison had 6 steals. Sdsu had 6 steals.
Bison had 10 assists. Sdsu had 9 assists.

Bison had 0 blocksThat didn't even rhyme at all. :facepalm:

:biggrin:

SDbison
03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Wow........A 12 page thread at Bisonville, along with several other related ones, that follow and compliment a rival schools accomplishment. Really?
Is Bison basketball that pathetic or Bison fans that soft? Much as I don't follow other message boards I doubt you would find a proportionate response anywhere else. Did the Bunnies even have a 6 page thread on their messageboard going nuts about how great Bison football is after NDSU won the national championship (a much bigger accomplishment than winning a 10, actually 9, team conference title in basketball)?
OK, so good for he Bunnies. They won a conference title in a mens sport. Maybe Tony should change Bisonville to Bunnyville for a couple weeks in honor of their greatness.

TransAmBison
03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Wow........A 12 page thread at Bisonville, along with several other related ones, that follow and compliment a rival schools accomplishment. Really?
Is Bison basketball that pathetic or Bison fans that soft? Much as I don't follow other message boards I doubt you would find a proportionate response anywhere else. Did the Bunnies even have a 6 page thread on their messageboard going nuts about how great Bison football is after NDSU won the national championship (a much bigger accomplishment than winning a 10, actually 9, team conference title in basketball)?
OK, so good for he Bunnies. They won a conference title in a mens sport. Maybe Tony should change Bisonville to Bunnyville for a couple weeks in honor of their greatness.
SD could be onto something. I could see a bet between the two messageboards on the football game next year...renaming the losing messageboard for a month...

bisonmike2
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
SD could be onto something. I could see a bet between the two messageboards on the football game next year...renaming the losing messageboard for a month...

We can't change it to bunnyville because I thought we were in the process of changing it over to siouxsports2.com? Maybe a compilation of all three?

bisiounnyville.com?

TransAmBison
03-07-2012, 06:51 PM
We can't change it to bunnyville because I thought we were in the process of changing it over to siouxsports2.com? Maybe a compilation of all three?

bisiounnyville.com?Do we need bullet keyboards?

CAS4127
03-07-2012, 06:52 PM

Would we have to wear Bunny gear or suits if we lost the bet???!!!!:(

TransAmBison
03-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Would we have to wear Bunny gear or suits if we lost the bet???!!!!:(No, but if we win I think they have to take AG.

Answer Guy
03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
Would we have to wear Bunny gear or suits if we lost the bet???!!!!:(

You'll wear what I bring you.

CAS4127
03-07-2012, 06:58 PM

Did someone say something?:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/318326_2398887982129_1548928025_32525842_191351297 7_n.jpg

BadlandsBison
03-07-2012, 07:00 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furries

Goat Costume??

Bison"FANatic"
03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Where did the league RPI place the conference this year compared to 2009? Keep telling yourself the league was down this year, not sure how that makes you feel better but if it works for you good luck.

WIU plays ugly, SDSU allowed WIU to dictate the pace and style of play (much like the Bison and ORU did). In addition both Wolters and Dykstra shot poorly. Your going to take one game and say that the conference is down this year, do your homework.

RPI from year to year is not comparable. It is based on who you played this year and how that team performed and I do believe one more step out. The Summit has taken it to playing tougher out of conference games and that will increase the RPI. We could have the toughest Summit teams in decades but if they all played a very soft out of conference the RPI would be quite low. You can go ahead and argue if the Summit was tougher this year or last or 12 years ago, just don't try and use RPI to justify your argument.

SDbison
03-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I vote Answer Guy should have to hang with bunnyland for all of next year. Give us a break for a while.

Answer Guy
03-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Did someone say something?:

That hurt. That really hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-zlszP51Fk

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx89/NDACAnswerGuy/Charlie.jpg

rabidrabbit
03-07-2012, 07:39 PM
does anyone have any idea if there is place to watch highlights of the game. I was following the score on my phone but i'd like to see some highlights if they exist.

Here's from KDLT (Sioux Falls NBC station)

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15916&Itemid=58#video

BisonBlogger
03-07-2012, 07:50 PM
One thing is for sure about comparing the 2009 tourney. The Bison beat a tremendous team in Oakland that year. WIU's team this year was no where comparable. I don't think many would argue this point other than your most biased Jacks fan.

CAS4127
03-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Another thing that is for sure is that we had beaten SDSU what, 10 straight times leading into this year, yet lost to them twice and they are going to the dance?!?!? What I would say that is quite telling of the directions the two programs are going.

Contrary to what many have said, however, I am not the least bit jealous of SDSU. They earned the trip, we did not. It's as simple as that, and good for them.

SDSUAlum08
03-07-2012, 09:33 PM
One thing is for sure about comparing the 2009 tourney. The Bison beat a tremendous team in Oakland that year. WIU's team this year was no where comparable. I don't think many would argue this point other than your most biased Jacks fan.

No one would think that. If they do...well...

NorthernBison
03-07-2012, 09:45 PM

How would you rate the ORU team that WIU beat?

I'm guessing the TWO teams at the top of the conference this season are every bit as strong overall as the top two in 2009. The rest of the conference, not so much.

TransAmBison
03-07-2012, 09:50 PM
How would you rate the ORU team that WIU beat?

I'm guessing the TWO teams at the top of the conference this season are every bit as strong overall as the top two in 2009. The rest of the conference, not so much.butfabfour?

wow
03-07-2012, 09:55 PM

Haters gonna hate, Naters gonna Nate.

I'm quite certain the NBA loves to judge players based on one game. He wasn't going to get drafted this year anyway, but one 30-7-7 performance in the tournament and 1 game against WIU will be forgotten. Not saying he will do that, but it illustrates the importance of any one game.

Nate had an off night, no doubt. If he makes 1 more of his floaters, hits 2 more free throws, and his teammates finish off his assists, everyone would have a totally different take.

Nate didn't have any trouble whatsoever getting past the first defender last night (just like all season long), it was the second and third that caused problems. He still got up 22 shots against WIU compared to Braun (8) and Morrison (12) combined. WIU's gameplan had to be STOP WOLTERS, and he still got up 22 shots.

I'm not saying he will be drafted, but last night was a bad night, not the norm.

Bison03
03-07-2012, 10:00 PM
I only wish we could talk more about his draft possibilities this year. Unfortunately he will be in that Jacks jersey again next year. Damnit!!

unbison
03-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Does anyone get how fucking whiney we sound saying it was tougher in 09 hello
Congratulations sdsu
I was cheering against u
U won good job I will begrudgingly cheer for you in the tourney maybe

HerdBot
03-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Congratulations sdsu
I was cheering against u
U won good job I will begrudgingly cheer for you in the tourney maybe

I agree. They are better than we are and they earned it. The good news is the future looka bright for us and with ORU leaving, our chances are as good as ever to make a 2 year run

TransAmBison
03-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Congratulations sdsu
I was cheering against u
U won good job I will begrudgingly cheer for you in the tourney maybeOh yes, the whiney bitch is strong with teh bisonville right now.

ndsubison1
03-08-2012, 02:06 AM

hence why I don't like a matchup with Wisconsin for them. Much better defensively and who will guard Taylor. They would be in the game tho with the way Wisconsin plays tho

HandoEX
03-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Haters gonna hate, Naters gonna Nate.

I'm quite certain the NBA loves to judge players based on one game. He wasn't going to get drafted this year anyway, but one 30-7-7 performance in the tournament and 1 game against WIU will be forgotten. Not saying he will do that, but it illustrates the importance of any one game.

Nate had an off night, no doubt. If he makes 1 more of his floaters, hits 2 more free throws, and his teammates finish off his assists, everyone would have a totally different take.

Nate didn't have any trouble whatsoever getting past the first defender last night (just like all season long), it was the second and third that caused problems. He still got up 22 shots against WIU compared to Braun (8) and Morrison (12) combined. WIU's gameplan had to be STOP WOLTERS, and he still got up 22 shots.

I'm not saying he will be drafted, but last night was a bad night, not the norm.
There are not many guards in the NBA that shoot as poorly from long range as Wolters (24.4% this season). Ugly form and he shoots under 25% from 3. He is still a great player, but I think he has as good of a shot as Woodside did.

NorthernBison
03-08-2012, 02:29 AM
On the Big Sky broadcast on ESPN2 they gave a shoutout to the Jackrabbits....... But they showed a Coyote paw...... Nice red and black color to it.

Twentysix
03-08-2012, 03:18 AM
There are not many guards in the NBA that shoot as poorly from long range as Wolters (24.4% this season). Ugly form and he shoots under 25% from 3. He is still a great player, but I think he has as good of a shot as Woodside did.

Yeah, whats his % drop to when you back up to an NBA 3? In the NBA he would shoot alot worse than 24% from 3.

NDSUstudent
03-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Wolters is not an NBA player, he will have a nice career in Europe though.

unbison
03-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Wolters is not an NBA player, he will have a nice career in Europe though.
Glad you are so polar in your opinions love when people like you are wrong
In your opinion he is not you are not an nba scout anymore then I am or anyone writing on this board so that is your opinion do not state it like it is a fact

wow
03-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Agreed. For what its worth, this has been his worst 3 point shooting season by far (36% as a freshman, 40% as a soph).

confused2012
03-08-2012, 02:55 PM
who cares how you win as long as you win!Who in the hell plays a perfect game no one.Glad to hear why we lost every game because of one player HAlE you kidding me? He must have took one of you guys girl for you to always talking negative about him. I wish i new what you guys resume looks like?probaly coaching in nba or playing??????????????everything is a team effort no one player will loose a season.

tjbison
03-08-2012, 03:16 PM
who cares how you win as long as you win!Who in the hell plays a perfect game no one.Glad to hear why we lost every game because of one player HAlE you kidding me? He must have took one of you guys girl for you to always talking negative about him. I wish i new what you guys resume looks like?probaly coaching in nba or playing??????????????everything is a team effort no one player will loose a season.

Must be a SDSU Grad typing here..........

SDbison
03-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Can this thread just die? Who cares about SDSU except that NDSU should beat them everytime. Move on or start an account at the bunnyboard.

NDSUstudent
03-08-2012, 03:24 PM
In your opinion he is not you are not an nba scout anymore then I am or anyone writing on this board so that is your opinion do not state it like it is a fact

I didn't know I had to be an NBA scout in order to have an opinion. I hope Wolters does make it but he needs to become a better shooter to compensate for other areas that he is lacking in.

HandoEX
03-08-2012, 05:51 PM
It IS fact though. There are very few 6'3" guards that shoot 24% from the NBA three point, much less the college three point line and the ones taht do are 10x more athletic than Nate Wolters. He is shooting over 10% below the average for NBA threes and he is shooting from closer than the pros.

Tell us how scouts will just somehow miss that on Wolters. I'd love to hear a realistic reason that he could be an NBA draft pick.

On a side note, I think he is an absolute superstar player and I'd love to have him on our team. Not knocking his college game at all.

SDbison
03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Why do so many Bison posters drool about Wolters. There are half a dozen others in the Summit league as good as him yet the posts keep on coming. News Flash........Wolters plays for SDSU not NDSU. At least post this shit in the "News about Other Schools" topic area or take your hard ons over the the bunny messageboard.
Novel idea.......lets talk about NDSU mens basketball in "NDSU Men's basketball" topic area. Plenty of things to talk about after the season turned out to be a disaster.

unbison
03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Running pg in the nba is not just about shooting the three ..... You guys pick out his weakness and use like it is all that
Matters kid is a stud we will c where he ends up in another year at 6'3" his chances are far greater then woodies ever were I really think his biggest problem for the MBA is quickness not shooting .....student what you wrote was not stated as opinion nd sd I gonna talk about what I wish and ur old butt aint gonna stop me

HandoEX
03-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Why do so many Bison posters drool about Wolters. There are half a dozen others in the Summit league as good as him yet the posts keep on coming. News Flash........Wolters plays for SDSU not NDSU. At least post this shit in the "News about Other Schools" topic area or take your hard ons over the the bunny messageboard.
Novel idea.......lets talk about NDSU mens basketball in "NDSU Men's basketball" topic area. Plenty of things to talk about after the season turned out to be a disaster.

Honestly, what did you expect in a thread called "Congrats to SDSU on going to the Big Dance!!!!"??? If you really don't want to read about SDSU, don't open the threads about them!

TransAmBison
03-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Honestly, what did you expect in a thread called "Congrats to SDSU on going to the Big Dance!!!!"??? If you really don't want to read about SDSU, don't open the threads about them!You know, you are giving this advice a little late. :)

tony
03-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Sincere congratulations to SDSU on the Double Dancing!

I'm extremely jealous.

BTW, I popped open the WSJ journal today and they had a story about SDSU getting into the Dance because it's the first time a school from SD made it. Maine and Alaska are the only other states that hadn't been to one (Alaska might have to wait awhile because they have no DI BB.)

Snowgoose
03-08-2012, 09:29 PM
There is one shooting guard called Wes Johnson that starts and he shoots 23%.

CAS4127
03-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Honestly, what did you expect in a thread called "Congrats to SDSU on going to the Big Dance!!!!"??? If you really don't want to read about SDSU, don't open the threads about them!

Exactly, plus the bitchy whine is coming from someone who calls himself SDBison!! C'mon, man!?!?

SDbison
03-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Exactly, plus the bitchy whine is coming from someone who calls himself SDBison!! C'mon, man!?!? Not bitching, just calling out facts.............Why the heck is there a thread congratulating SDSU in the NDSU mens basketball topic area? Guess some of you just have a woody for SDSU.

ndsubison1
03-08-2012, 11:27 PM

wolters is the best in the summit league sd

Wally
03-09-2012, 08:34 PM
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/south-dakota-logo-fail.jpg

tjbison
03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/south-dakota-logo-fail.jpg

Thats funny!!!!

ndsubison1
03-09-2012, 09:07 PM
i do not understand how espn screws stuff like this up

aces1180
03-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Where's the screen grab of the NDSU logo at the 2001 DII championship game or at teh Red Barron Final 5? ;)

KSBisonFan
03-10-2012, 12:33 AM

They are too busy giving HJ's to the SEC, ACC and Big East to give a rat's ass about any other part of the country.....This just in: They are doing SportsCenter live from LA.....Who freaking cares where you're broadcasting from, ESPN? We don't care!

onbison09
03-10-2012, 03:55 AM

You must not watch much ESPN. ESPN sucks

Twentysix
03-10-2012, 05:01 AM

Correction. ESPN doesn't need to pay attention to detail, because the masses are morons.

ndsubison1
03-10-2012, 10:06 AM

i expect them to be professionals and know what they are doing and get small details like this correct

SDbison
03-10-2012, 02:48 PM
i expect them to be professionals and know what they are doing and get small details like this correct Ming, since you are a closet Bunny fan this must really piss you off. Wait until they don't give credit for Wolters being all world in the Summit.........

Bison bison
03-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Correction. ESPN doesn't need to pay attention to detail, because the masses are morons.

I love to eat breadsticks.

Tatanka
03-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Where's the screen grab of the NDSU logo at the 2001 DII championship game or at teh Red Barron Final 5? ;)

http://siouxsports.com/galleries/101/ndsu.jpg

It just never gets old, or loses its funny.

ndsubison1
03-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Ming, since you are a closet Bunny fan this must really piss you off. Wait until they don't give credit for Wolters being all world in the Summit.........

i like to fish but not enough to like the turdies

1998braves64
03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
#14 playing Baylor#3

MNLonghorn10
03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
yikes...baylors length is gonna kill sdsu

ndsubison1
03-11-2012, 10:17 PM
sdsu gets a 14 seed. terrible matchup vs baylor

ndsubison1
03-11-2012, 10:23 PM
how the f did iona get in?

SDbison
03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Bunnies going to get destroyed.

NorthernBison
03-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Wow! I watched a few Baylor games this season. Good Luck Bunnies, that Baylor team is LONG and athletic as heck.

unbison
03-12-2012, 03:59 AM
how the f did iona get in?

Ming I believe you have been talked to this is a ndsu sight take ur Iona loving ass to the Iona board

DjKyRo
03-12-2012, 04:55 AM
NDSU has battered SDSU inside the past few years. Baylor is big, nasty and athletic and should do the same, but better. Jacks are going to need to shoot well and Dykstra is going to need to play some big minutes on defense if they want a shot to win.

CalBison97
03-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Seth (Davis? on CBS) says SDSU over Baylor.

DjKyRo
03-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Seth (Davis? on CBS) says SDSU over Baylor.

I think Seth Davis sees a really good point guard and draws conclusions solely from that. SDSU's a good team, but there's more to it than simply having good point play. Baylor is going to eat the Jacks alive inside - SDSU is a good team, but they'd better be prepared.

Bison"FANatic"
03-12-2012, 01:47 PM
I think Seth Davis sees a really good point guard and draws conclusions solely from that. SDSU's a good team, but there's more to it than simply having good point play. Baylor is going to eat the Jacks alive inside - SDSU is a good team, but they'd better be prepared.

They are going to have to make it rain from 3 point land to pull it out. They can do that. Lots of ball movement and kick outs to open men are a must. I really wonder if they have a good enough D to keep them in it though. Tough Tough draw, we may see a inside slam clinic.

rabidrabbit
03-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Need another U of Buffalo quality game out of the Jacks. Likely an L, but heck, said that about U of Washington game, too.

Definitely need Jacks to play like they did vs UDub, and not like vs WIU in the Summit championship.

Bison03
03-12-2012, 02:41 PM

Much like NDSU in 2009. We had a great scorer at the point in Woodside and he did score a ton vs Kansas. Despite Woodside's performance, our inside game could not defend the bigs of Kansas. I see the same thing happening for SDSU vs Baylor. Wolters will get a lot of points but I think they still lose by 15 or more.

NorthernBison
03-12-2012, 04:25 PM
If Baylor wears those ugly lime green uni's and SDSU wears Blue, the game will cause viewers to suffer siezures. It could easily be a health hazard.

rabidrabbit
03-12-2012, 07:53 PM
If Baylor wears those ugly lime green uni's and SDSU wears Blue, the game will cause viewers to suffer siezures. It could easily be a health hazard.

Jacks will likely wear their black travel unis, or their yellow. Haven't seen blue uni's this season. But lime green and yellow will get the stomaches roiling, especially when in pursuit of loose balls on the court.

wow
03-12-2012, 10:49 PM

You might want to get your eyes checked.

Record setting 5 summit teams in post season play. Including the .500 fifth place conference finisher.

tjbison
03-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Much like NDSU in 2009. We had a great scorer at the point in Woodside and he did score a ton vs Kansas. Despite Woodside's performance, our inside game could not defend the bigs of Kansas. I see the same thing happening for SDSU vs Baylor. Wolters will get a lot of points but I think they still lose by 15 or more.

I still say if Aldrich had fouled out or whatever we would have won that game, Woodside played a hell of a game and all the KU fans around me were pretty worried at some points

wow
03-12-2012, 11:01 PM
I still say if Aldrich had fouled out or whatever we would have won that game, Woodside played a hell of a game and all the KU fans around me were pretty worried at some points

I remember thinking the same thing about Aldrich. It was a hell of a game.

tjbison
03-12-2012, 11:34 PM
I remember thinking the same thing about Aldrich. It was a hell of a game.

Guy was like a robot, Moorman looked like a freshman against him. was an awesome experience

JackJD
03-13-2012, 01:55 AM

Gottlieb and Katz on ESPN making the same comparison and they talk about Woodside (go to about 3:15 in the clip for the start of the discussion...comparison to NDSU/Kansas and Woodside at about 3:45):
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2012/story/_/id/7674696/south-region-breakdown-2012-ncaa-tournament

SDSUAlum08
03-13-2012, 02:47 AM

This is what SDSU needs. Baylor needs to get into foul trouble and then SDSU needs to shoot lights out with Baylor going cold. Upsets happen in the tournament and that's why you play them. I'm really looking forward to this. Can't wait! (Bart Scott)

HandoEX
03-13-2012, 03:27 AM
Baylor is a team that wouldn't be nearly as affected as most by foul trouble. They are super deep and bring loads of talent off the bench in waves.

abc123
03-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Interesting article about SDSU and the Summit tournament by Grantland/ESPN. A few things in there that I think the writer may have taken some creative liberties with, but overall, some good insight on their team.

Link (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7677765/championship-week-ncaa-tournament-bound-south-dakota-state-jackrabbits)

KSBisonFan
03-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Interesting article about SDSU and the Summit tournament by Grantland/ESPN. A few things in there that I think the writer may have taken some creative liberties with, but overall, some good insight on their team.

Link (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7677765/championship-week-ncaa-tournament-bound-south-dakota-state-jackrabbits)

Good read! Some good insight into a young team with players leading. Also interesting about Wolter's recruitment.

jackrabbit1979
03-13-2012, 10:52 PM

I'm not trying to be defensive and more so just looking for your opinion, but what parts did you think were "creative"? I thought it was a great story - I wish more stuff like this would happen with other teams in the NCAA.

abc123
03-14-2012, 02:43 AM
I'm not trying to be defensive and more so just looking for your opinion, but what parts did you think were "creative"? I thought it was a great story - I wish more stuff like this would happen with other teams in the NCAA.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a great story and I agree that more teams should do it. I thought the description of Wolters' recruitment was a little off (downplayed somewhat, could be wrong on that though) and the descriptions of things were overplayed. Didn't take away from the article, probably adds to it for most people, very much along the lines of what you see when someone writes a story about ND/SD, play things up a little bit.

IndyBison
03-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I've been congratulated by 3 different people about SDSU making the tournament mistaking that's where I went to school. One person even gave me grief for waering SDSU apparel. I wasn't wearing anything that said "Dakota" or had blue and yellow or green and gold. To many people all the Dakota schools blur together and if you are from one Dakota you are from both of them. I wonder if people from SD get the same confusion.

ndsubison1
03-14-2012, 06:11 PM

no he prolly sees a baylor team that has yet to play up to it's hype and potential

KUlawJack
03-14-2012, 07:09 PM
I've been congratulated by 3 different people about SDSU making the tournament mistaking that's where I went to school. One person even gave me grief for waering SDSU apparel. I wasn't wearing anything that said "Dakota" or had blue and yellow or green and gold. To many people all the Dakota schools blur together and if you are from one Dakota you are from both of them. I wonder if people from SD get the same confusion.

Yes. In Mexico a couple weeks ago, a guy from Colorado asked my wife and I where we were from. I responded, "South Dakota." His response was, "my wife used to live in South Dakota. She lived in Fargo for 10 years or so."

Wow.

IzzyFlexion
03-14-2012, 11:14 PM

That's OK.
Our hoopers weren't trying to be defensive in their two meetings with your squad this winter.

MNLonghorn10
03-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Yes. In Mexico a couple weeks ago, a guy from Colorado asked my wife and I where we were from. I responded, "South Dakota." His response was, "my wife used to live in South Dakota. She lived in Fargo for 10 years or so."

Wow.
did you respond with "whats her name??"

GradBison
03-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Been off the board for a while. Congrats to our Jacks brethren!

Driving down to Iowa this afternoon and will probably be in the twin cities around tip off time for the game with Baylor, if anyone got any information on radio stations that will have the game I'd appreciate it if you can PM me with that. Thanks.

ndsubison1
03-15-2012, 03:52 PM
baylor at times is lazy on defense, esp in their zone. on offense they tend to take too many jump shots. if bunnies are hitting from outside they can win this one

EndZoneQB
03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
baylor at times is lazy on defense, esp in their zone. on offense they tend to take too many jump shots. if bunnies are hitting from outside they can win this one

I have SDSU pulling the upset. I picked them just like I picked NDSU.

Tatanka
03-15-2012, 06:53 PM
I have SDSU pulling the upset. I picked them just like I picked NDSU.

I also picked SDSU. Of course, I also picked Timmy Miles and CSU. :facepalm:

The Sports Block
03-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Collegian Sports Editor Marcus Traxler breaks down South Dakota St-Baylor from The Pit in Albuquerque, N.M.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Vme90-494&list=UU0pX7uj4_88j30hXNX0aYiQ&index=1&feature=plcp

- Audio from the Sports Block interview with Grantland's Jordan Conn about the South Dakota State men and the Summit League tournament
http://www.archive.org/details/SportsBlockJordanConnGrantlandInterview

NCAA responds to SDSU men's selection
http://www.sdsucollegian.com/2012/03/14/ncaa-responds-to-sdsu-mens-selection/

Jackrabbits' national name could go a long way.
http://www.sdsucollegian.com/2012/03/14/jackrabbits-national-name-could-go-a-long-way/

EndZoneQB
03-15-2012, 10:51 PM
I also picked SDSU. Of course, I also picked Timmy Miles and CSU. :facepalm:

Ugh. Me too. I picked them to win two games. I thought they had decent matchups so I figured it'd be a sleeper pick that no one else would have. I also picked freakin' LBSU to beat NM. Not a good first day so far.

DjKyRo
03-15-2012, 10:55 PM
I've got Baylor.

1998braves64
03-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Ugh. Me too. I picked them to win two games. I thought they had decent matchups so I figured it'd be a sleeper pick that no one else would have. I also picked freakin' LBSU to beat NM. Not a good first day so far.

A couple of my brackets (one of hte bisonville ones) and another on another site that I put up missed on the CSU and LBSU picks too, otherwise I'd been perfect on those two!

aces1180
03-15-2012, 11:55 PM
8-0 Jacks! Wow.

344Johnson
03-15-2012, 11:57 PM

So far my only slipup is I picked West Virginia and they are getting their asses pounded like a greek slave right now.

MNLonghorn10
03-15-2012, 11:58 PM
oh my god that guy needs a shirt

Hammersmith
03-16-2012, 12:10 AM
What's the name of that website with all the sport events? Is this game on it? (I don't get TruTV.)

nm - Google is my friend.

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:11 AM
19-7 jacks about 14 mins

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:14 AM
19-9 11:30

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:21 AM
jacks cooling off 19-13 9 mins wolters out with2 fouls

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:24 AM
21-19 jacks 7:11

Hammersmith
03-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Ugg. SDSU ice cold and Baylor hot. 12pt lead down to 2.

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Ugg. SDSU ice cold and Baylor hot. 12pt lead down to 2.

They came out red hot hit 7 of the first 9 and Baylor shot 2 out of 7 or something like that... Wolters already in foul trouble (2)

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:27 AM
think it's just you and me hammer..

BisonAccountant44
03-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Wolters coming back in with 2 fouls and 7:11 to go in the half. Big gamble, but I don't think they have a choice.

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Callahan misses 2 ft...

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:31 AM
24-22... Baylor...SDSU missin shots

JSUBison
03-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Wolters coming back in with 2 fouls and 7:11 to go in the half. Big gamble, but I don't think they have a choice.

I'm not a big fan of sitting players with fouls. They need to learn how to play with fouls, actually learn to play smart with fouls.

Hammersmith
03-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Cinderella calling; she wants her pumpkin back.

I know it's a bit mean, but I missed the beginning when the Jacks were actually playing well. Unless something changes drastically, Baylor is just going to keep imposing their will on the Jacks.

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:33 AM
wide open d broke down there

Hammersmith
03-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Ummm. Fail poster needed?

BisonAccountant44
That's twice Wolters should've had a wide open layup and he coughed up the ball instead.

1998braves64
bad turnover there... took his eyes off the prize because he lost control of the ball

DjKyRo
03-16-2012, 12:37 AM
That's twice Wolters should've had a wide open layup and he coughed up the ball instead.

In his defense, that was a superb play on the ball by the Baylor player to get a hand on it cleanly and throw him off.

Baylor's doing what I thought they'd do - controlling the offensive glass and getting buckets inside. They've got some shooters that can hit. SDSU needs to start hitting or the second half won't be this close. That said, great early showing by the Jacks.

JSUBison
03-16-2012, 12:40 AM
I think Baylor has the defensive game plan against Wolters figured out now.

BisonAccountant44
03-16-2012, 12:40 AM
In his defense, that was a superb play on the ball by the Baylor player to get a hand on it cleanly and throw him off.

Baylor's doing what I thought they'd do - controlling the offensive glass and getting buckets inside. They've got some shooters that can hit. SDSU needs to start hitting or the second half won't be this close. That said, great early showing by the Jacks.

Yes, but a superb play made possible by sloppy ball handling and a lack of hustle.

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 12:44 AM
36-28 baylor half

NorthernBison
03-16-2012, 12:54 AM
Jacks really tightened up after they got the lead. That happens when you start thinking you can win. Need to forget that and just play.On offense they need to keep moving it around, take the shots that are there and don't get cute.Better get some defensive rebounds or this could get out of hand quick.

344Johnson
03-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Jacks really tightened up after they got the lead. That happens when you start thinking you can win. Need to forget that and just play.On offense they need to keep moving it around, take the shots that are there and don't get cute.Better get some defensive rebounds or this could get out of hand quick.

It sucks when that happens. God knows I've been a part of it or witnessed it plenty of times. Really tough to get out of that funk. Hopefully they can pull some crazy shit out of their ass and make the Dakota's proud. Get the Summit some respect!

EndZoneQB
03-16-2012, 01:27 AM
3 pt game, they are right in this thing.

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 01:56 AM
64-60 Baylor but SDSU is getting a hot shooting game again scored a couple trey's off turnovers

DIBISON
03-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Baylor 64 - 60 with a minute to go. SDSU in it at the end. Making the Summit look good!

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 01:59 AM
missed the 3 forced to foul 23 secs 64-60

344Johnson
03-16-2012, 01:59 AM
NDSU '09 vs. '12 Jacks.... discuss.

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 02:00 AM
makes first ft and 2nd 66-60

DjKyRo
03-16-2012, 02:01 AM
Man, that was a gutty last few minutes. Honestly found myself pulling for the upset at the end there.

My congratulations to SDSU and Jacks fans on a very nice season. You represented the Summit well and should be in the mix next season.

1998braves64
03-16-2012, 02:02 AM
67-60.. 68-60 announcers talking up the jacks a bit. 68-60 baylor

KSBisonFan
03-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Nice showing for SDSU despite the loss....They'll be tough next year too.

VanClubPres
03-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Well the Jacks gave it a run, good fr them. I found myself appreciating that we got to go to Minneapolis instead of albuquerque.

SlickVic
03-16-2012, 04:19 PM
baylor baby eff the jacks (coprying the honorable CAS)

IzzyFlexion
03-17-2012, 02:23 PM
baylor baby eff the jacks (coprying the honorable CAS)

Amen dude.
No way in heck did I want the Jacks to win. Bad enough that they swept us this year......them winning an upset game in tourney before the Herd would be an irreversable bragging right that they would have. Can't have it !!
Plus, what would Mrs. SD do out in the middle of South Dakota without her man there. -assuming the big guy would have surely offed himself.