PDA

View Full Version : 11th Game Poll

SamsRams
03-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Who do you think NDSU will schedule for 11th game. NOT WHO DO YOU WANT THEM TO PLAY

Lets break down the available teams.

North Carolina A&T has the 8th, 15th and 22nd off. They play in the MEAC, traveling to Coastal Carolina for their only OOC game currently on schedule and will play 5 conference game at home. They averaged nearly 14K per game last year which put them 20th in FCS and went 5-6 last year.

Hampton has the 22nd and Oct 6th off. They play in the MEAC, will host OD and rumored to be traveling to Tenn Tech for OOC and have 4 home games on schedule. They averaged almost 5K a game last year with 6 home games which has them 88th in FCS and went 7-4 last year.

SUU has the 15th off after UTSA canceled their game with them for the same date. The will play in the Big Sky this year, their 2 OOC games on schedule are FBS and on the road @CAL and @Utah St and have 4 home games on schedule. Their schedule would read @Utah St @CAL @NDSU @Portalnd ST vsMontana ST for their 1st 5 games. They averaged a little over 6700 fans last year with 4 home games which has them 68th in FCS and went 6-5 last year playing in the Great West.

Prairie View A&M has the 22nd off. They play in the SWAC and have one of their 2 OOC games filled by playing @Lamar. They currently have 4 games scheduled for the home turf and one at neutral site in Dallas. They averaged 7228 fans per game last year in their 4 home games which has them 63rd in FCS and went5-6 last year. SWAC teams do not usually play in the FCS playoffs.

Tenn Tech is scheduled to play Southeast Missouri the 22nd, but both teams have the 8th off so their game could be rescheduled if teams are open to it. They have one OOC game scheduled @Oregon and rumored to be hosting Hampton the first week. When the Hampton game is confirmed they would have 5 home games and last year they made the playoffs only playing 10 games going 7-3 and winning the OVC. They averaged 8400 fans last year putting them 51st in the FCS.

Central Arkansas has the 15th off and will play @Murray St and @Mississippi for the 2 OOC's currently on schedule. Their first four would read @Mississippi @Murray @NDSU vsSam Houston and have 5 schedules home conference games. They averaged 10335 fans last year putting them 35th in FCS, going 9-4 in the Southland and making the playoffs.

Jacksonville has the 22nd off and need on more OOC game as they are playing on the road against Georgia Southern and Charleston Southern. Their first four games would read @Ga Southern @Charleston So @NDSU @Dayton. They play in the Pioneer which does not give scholarships, went 7-4 last year averaged 3638 fans, putting them 101st in FCS. They have four scheduled home games against conference opponents.

Fordham has oct 20th off which is not a date that matches with NDSU. However USD plays NDSU the 20th and has the 15th off, so if both teams are open to rescheduling their game to the 15th NDSU could open up talks with 2 teams and one of them is Fordham. They play in the Patriot league, have 5 home games scheduled and have one OOC game open as they will host Lock haven and @Villanova. They averaged 4793 fans last year putting them 91st in FCS and went 1-10 last year.

Austin Peay also has Oct 20th open (meaning USD game would need to move to 15th) and has one OOC game open as they are playing @Western Kentucky and @Va Tech. They play in the OVC and have 4 conference games scheduled at home for next year. They averaged 5467 fans putting them 84th in FCS and went 3-8 last year.

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 12:05 AM
Id like to see jacksonville, but with the bridge qaulifer playing us is a bad idea.

North Side
03-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Love NC A&T fan base, bring the dawg pound to Fargo haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5LodH9-N6w

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Love NC A&T fan base, bring the dawg pound to Fargo haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5LodH9-N6w

Thats basketball. A game against NC A&T would just be a battle of the bands in the fargodome. Id rather watch Ojuri play rather than Tbon

SamsRams
03-06-2012, 01:31 AM
I got jacksonville's attendance mixed up with jacksonville St of the OVC. My bad

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 01:34 AM
I got jacksonville's attendance mixed up with jacksonville St of the OVC. My bad\

Jacksonville is the dolphins, still one of the better PFL teams.

If they want to try for the playoffs playing NDSU is a bad idea imo. Teams like MSU would be a much better in their interests.

mhyer63
03-06-2012, 02:42 AM
Who do you think NDSU will schedule for 11th game. NOT WHO DO YOU WANT THEM TO PLAY

North Carolina A&T has the 8th, 15th and 22nd off. They play in the MEAC, traveling to Coastal Carolina for their only OOC game currently on schedule and will play 5 conference game at home. They averaged nearly 14K per game last year which put them 20th in FCS and went 5-6 last year.

Hampton has the 22nd and Oct 6th off. They play in the MEAC, will host OD and rumored to be traveling to Tenn Tech for OOC and have 4 home games on schedule. They averaged almost 5K a game last year with 6 home games which has them 88th in FCS and went 7-4 last year.

SUU has the 15th off after UTSA canceled their game with them for the same date. The will play in the Big Sky this year, their 2 OOC games on schedule are FBS and on the road @CAL and @Utah St and have 4 home games on schedule. Their schedule would read @Utah St @CAL @NDSU @Portalnd ST vsMontana ST for their 1st 5 games. They averaged a little over 6700 fans last year with 4 home games which has them 68th in FCS and went 6-5 last year playing in the Great West.

Prairie View A&M has the 22nd off. They play in the SWAC and have one of their 2 OOC games filled by playing @Lamar. They currently have 4 games scheduled for the home turf and one at neutral site in Dallas. They averaged 7228 fans per game last year in their 4 home games which has them 63rd in FCS and went5-6 last year. SWAC teams do not usually play in the FCS playoffs.

Tenn Tech is scheduled to play Southeast Missouri the 22nd, but both teams have the 8th off so their game could be rescheduled if teams are open to it. They have one OOC game scheduled @Oregon and rumored to be hosting Hampton the first week. When the Hampton game is confirmed they would have 5 home games and last year they made the playoffs only playing 10 games going 7-3 and winning the OVC. They averaged 8400 fans last year putting them 51st in the FCS.

Central Arkansas has the 15th off and will play @Murray St and @Mississippi for the 2 OOC's currently on schedule. Their first four would read @Mississippi @Murray @NDSU vsSam Houston and have 5 schedules home conference games. They averaged 10335 fans last year putting them 35th in FCS, going 9-4 in the Southland and making the playoffs.

Jacksonville has the 22nd off and need on more OOC game as they are playing on the road against Georgia Southern and Charleston Southern. Their first four games would read @Ga Southern @Charleston So @NDSU @Dayton. They play in the Pioneer which does not give scholarships, went 7-4 last year averaging over 17k fans, putting them 12th in FCS (NDSU was 10th). They have four scheduled home games against conference opponents.

Fordham has oct 20th off which is not a date that matches with NDSU. However USD plays NDSU the 20th and has the 15th off, so if both teams are open to rescheduling their game to the 15th NDSU could open up talks with 2 teams and one of them is Fordham. They play in the Patriot league, have 5 home games scheduled and have one OOC game open as they will host Lock haven and @Villanova. They averaged 4793 fans last year putting them 91st in FCS and went 1-10 last year.

Austin Peay also has Oct 20th open (meaning USD game would need to move to 15th) and has one OOC game open as they are playing @Western Kentucky and @Va Tech. They play in the OVC and have 4 conference games scheduled at home for next year. They averaged 5467 fans putting them 84th in FCS and went 3-8 last year.

Really dude, you have way to much time on your hands.

CaBisonFan
03-06-2012, 03:56 AM
Any of the teams with the 15th off...but it might be fun to have SUU come to Fargo...for old time sake.

SamsRams
03-06-2012, 05:17 AM
Really dude, you have way to much time on your hands.

Dont hate :) you read it all didnt you:duel:

edited jacksonville attendance mixup.........they were 101st last year

BlueBisonRock
03-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Nice piece of work. I appreciate the work you did and the resulting analysis. It takes some serious time to pull something like this together. Thank you for spending yours by helping us lazy rubes get solid info.

Rep is on the way.

Jacksonville has the 22nd off and need on more OOC game as they are playing on the road against Georgia Southern and Charleston Southern. Their first four games would read @Ga Southern @Charleston So @NDSU @Dayton. They play in the Pioneer which does not give scholarships, went 7-4 last year averaged 3638 fans, putting them 101st in FCS. They have four scheduled home games against conference opponents.

unbison
03-06-2012, 11:18 AM
I vote for NC a&t with the blue and gold marching machine for a halftime show

mhyer63
03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Dont hate :) you read it all didnt you:duel:

edited jacksonville attendance mixup.........they were 101st last year

No, didn't waste my time. Could not care one bit about how many fans showed up at any one of there games, or what their record was last year, plus what seemed like 5 other bits of worthless info you posted about each team. My point is that anyone who puts in 1-2 hours for one post like the one you did, spends to much time on the computer.

Bison"FANatic"
03-06-2012, 12:36 PM
I read it and I thought it was a good post and informative. It's crazy how the off season brings out the negativity on this board. It happens every year.

TransAmBison
03-06-2012, 12:50 PM
No, didn't waste my time. Could not care one bit about how many fans showed up at any one of there games, or what their record was last year, plus what seemed like 5 other bits of worthless info you posted about each team. My point is that anyone who puts in 1-2 hours for one post like the one you did, spends to much time on the computer.Why would you feel it necessary to criticize a guy for trying to post something that he put a lot of work into, and is relevant? I think you should apologize and go to time out. Oh wait, I'm not dealing with one of my four year old kids. :facepalm:

Hambone
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM
For some reason, I always cross Southern Utah off my list because they only have four home games. Thinking more about it - they seem like the type of team that will play anyone anywhere as long as the money is right. My money is actually starting to go towards the T-birds.

Bison"FANatic"
03-06-2012, 01:39 PM
For some reason, I always cross Southern Utah off my list because they only have four home games. Thinking more about it - they seem like the type of team that will play anyone anywhere as long as the money is right. My money is actually starting to go towards the T-birds.

That will piss some people on here off. We want to play someone from a good conference:):)

southcliffbison
03-06-2012, 02:06 PM
No, didn't waste my time. Could not care one bit about how many fans showed up at any one of there games, or what their record was last year, plus what seemed like 5 other bits of worthless info you posted about each team. My point is that anyone who puts in 1-2 hours for one post like the one you did, spends to much time on the computer.

Kudos to you, Mr. Samsrams: I appreciate very much your efforts and the information you provide on this forum. To Mr. mHyperextension: a bucket of shit in the face for your criticism of those whose indepth analysis is greatly appreciated. I'm semi-retired; have lots of time on my hands, and, therefore, spend alot of time on the computer......... SO WHAT !!!!!!

NDSU92
03-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Why wasn't keeping two open dates an option in the poll?

IzzyFlexion
03-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Why wasn't keeping two open dates an option in the poll?

buttnebraska.

SDbison
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I think the Bison should have played Nebraska........ha ha just kidding!

SDbison
03-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Actually looking at the crap FCS teams on that list I think the Bison should find a FBS team. Likely none of the FCS teams on the list would come to Fargo for any kind of money. So chances are its going to be an away game at one of those crappy FCS teams, an away game at some FBS team, or a DII game at home.

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 02:58 PM
You have 3 playoff calibur teams on that list SD.... do you even read what you post?

UCA and TTU were in the playoffs this year, and SUU missed by a hair, for alot of the year they were thought to be a playoff team.

21 Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Ohio Valley Conference

14 Central Arkansas Bears Southland Conference

Others receiving votes: SUU 21

The crappiest.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/2011_poll.htm

Its kind of sad how some of the hardcore bison fans still know diddly shit about the FCS.

Put into FBS terms for learning curve posters:

UCA is TCU

TTU is VT

SUU is UVA

Should an FBS team be ashamed of OOC matchups with Texas Christian, Virgina Tech, or Virgina?

SDbison
03-06-2012, 03:08 PM
You have 3 playoff calibur teams on that list SD.... do you even read what you post?

UCA and TTU were in the playoffs this year, and SUU missed by a hair, for alot of the year they were thought to be a playoff team.

21 Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles Ohio Valley Conference

14 Central Arkansas Bears Southland Conference

Others receiving votes: SUU 21

The crappiest.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/2011_poll.htm

Its kind of sad how some of the hardcore bison fans still know diddly shit about the FCS.

Put into FBS terms for learning curve posters:

UCA is TCU

TTU is Virgina Tech

SUU is Temple
I knew about Central Arkansas...........crappy in the fact they will not come to Fargo. And likely a candidate for an upset if NDSU has to travel that far. Still stand by the fact the choices are crap.

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I knew about Central Arkansas...........crappy in the fact they will not come to Fargo. And likely a candidate for an upset if NDSU has to travel that far. Still stand by the fact the choices are crap.

I edited the post to just use the final AP poll. Anyways, I would like to see a game against Jacksonville, but I think SUU is most likely. We have alot of ties to SUU and the green that they are searching for.

SDbison
03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I edited the post to just use the final AP poll. Anyways, I would like to see a game against Jacksonville, but I think SUU is most likely. We have alot of ties to SUU and the green that they are searching for. I suppose if I seriously looked at the list SUU is about the only viable option that might make the trip to Fargo and be an OK game. All the rest of the FCS team possibilites either won't come to Fargo, or would be an extreme cupcake.

DePereBisonFan
03-06-2012, 03:37 PM
I'd be happy with any one of those FCS teams.

Bison"FANatic"
03-06-2012, 03:52 PM
For me I don't give a crap who comes. I just want to be in the Fargodome for post season play. Whoever gets us there is just fine with me.

mhyer63
03-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Why would you feel it necessary to criticize a guy for trying to post something that he put a lot of work into, and is relevant? I think you should apologize and go to time out. Oh wait, I'm not dealing with one of my four year old kids. :facepalm:

So you think I should say I'm sorry, ok, sam I'm sorry that you post worthless info. For your info, I never criticized what he posted, all I said was that he had to much time on his hands. I'm sure that info is important to others who are digging all they can for something to read. I did nothing more than let people know that most all of the other info to ME is worthless.
Who really cares what any potential team we play in the Fargodome had for home attendance. Do you really care if that team is at 1-2-3 OOC games or not. And what does last years record for them have to do with this years game, Bison won the NC, we are on top no matter what. Plus 1-2 other pieces of info on each team that have no effect what so ever. Any FCS team at the dome is good for us.

Twentysix
03-06-2012, 05:28 PM
well amount of ooc openings dictates likelihood they play us. Last years record dictates upcoming preason rankings and attendance dictates likelihood of said team going on the road. You sir are hilarious.

gotts
03-06-2012, 05:40 PM
So you think I should say I'm sorry, ok, sam I'm sorry that you post worthless info. For your info, I never criticized what he posted, all I said was that he had to much time on his hands. I'm sure that info is important to others who are digging all they can for something to read. I did nothing more than let people know that most all of the other info to ME is worthless.
Who really cares what any potential team we play in the Fargodome had for home attendance. Do you really care if that team is at 1-2-3 OOC games or not. And what does last years record for them have to do with this years game, Bison won the NC, we are on top no matter what. Plus 1-2 other pieces of info on each team that have no effect what so ever. Any FCS team at the dome is good for us.

With all due respect to Izzy, this guy has to be the leader in the clubhouse for the 2012 Bisonville Resident Fecal-Cranial Expert.

SamsRams
03-07-2012, 12:22 AM
With all due respect to Izzy, this guy has to be the leader in the clubhouse for the 2012 Bisonville Resident Fecal-Cranial Expert.

Trolls will be trolls. Luckily we are all smart enough to realize this pile of santorum is not a bison fan so it makes it easy to put it on our ignore list.
really it wasnt hardto put it together. Four web pages open, one with attendance, one last years standings, one with 2013 schedules and one to create msg. Anyone coulda done it just like anyone can add uninformative worthless trolls to their ignore list.

rutlandbison
03-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Where is the "Nebraska" option?

mhyer63
03-07-2012, 02:57 AM
Trolls will be trolls. Luckily we are all smart enough to realize this pile of santorum is not a bison fan so it makes it easy to put it on our ignore list.
really it wasnt hardto put it together. Four web pages open, one with attendance, one last years standings, one with 2013 schedules and one to create msg. Anyone coulda done it just like anyone can add uninformative worthless trolls to their ignore list.

OMG no, your going to ignore me, now what will I do, oh wait, I know, go on living my life like always. Glad to see that you think of yourself as a political expert now as well. Go ahead and tell us how you have 10 different web pages up looking into info on the GOP. Funny how people with different views than him are a__holes in his mind. Bitches people out and tries to make them seem like idiots when he does not agree with them. Good thing he has a hunch back, makes it easy to pat himself on the back every time he opens his pie hole or hits the send button on his posts. And I'm just as big a bison fan as anyone else, maybe not as long, but since I moved here in 1988.

SamsRams
03-07-2012, 03:15 AM
This message is hidden because*mhyer63*is on your*ignore list.

Feels like christmas

SamsRams
03-07-2012, 03:18 AM
Where is the "Nebraska" option?

That would be the last option on poll, as noone here has brought them up prior to poll being posted

Twentysix
03-07-2012, 03:19 AM
Why cant you girls just get along?

rutlandbison
03-07-2012, 11:06 AM
That would be the last option on poll, as noone here has brought them up prior to poll being posted

I could direct you to the whole thread dedicated to it. I could also direct you to the post where you mentioned them as an option.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27154-Sept-22nd....Huskers-vs-Bison

"nice site Hambone............has it even been discussed that Nebraska is looking for a game the 22nd??" As quoted by SamsRams in the Schedule thread.

EndZoneQB
03-07-2012, 11:37 AM
I could direct you to the whole thread dedicated to it. I could also direct you to the post where you mentioned them as an option.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?27154-Sept-22nd....Huskers-vs-Bison

"nice site Hambone............has it even been discussed that Nebraska is looking for a game the 22nd??" As quoted by SamsRams in the Schedule thread.

You're kidding right?

Tatanka
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
You're kidding right?
I dunno. I hadn't seen anything about Nebraska until just now. Isn't that an FBS team or something?

TransAmBison
03-07-2012, 12:08 PM
I dunno. I hadn't seen anything about Nebraska until just now.We're playing Nebraska?

EndZoneQB
03-07-2012, 12:12 PM
We're playing Nebraska?

Wait, what?? Hotels booked, just now!

Hambone
03-07-2012, 05:34 PM

So, a link that I put in a thread may have started the chain of events known as "The Nebraska Disaster - Let's Go to Lincoln and Kick Some Ass.......or Not"?

I'm famous!

SDbison
03-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Maybe Gene could buy out Idaho State so NDSU could play Nebraska instead.

semobison
03-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Tenn Tech was a 2011 playoff team. Looks good on paper! Lets do it!

rutlandbison
03-07-2012, 10:35 PM
You're kidding right?

About what?

Using that as a serious reference? Of course.

Talking about Nebraska? Yes

Poking fun? Yes.

Sorry about not using purple font

SamsRams
03-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Austin Peay filled up their schedule with some school named Culver Stockton

Twentysix
03-12-2012, 11:11 AM
Austin Peay filled up their schedule with some school named Culver Stockton

I am pretty sure you just combined the names of a quality grand forks restraunt and a basketball player..

Tatanka
03-12-2012, 12:28 PM
LOL culver Stockton is a tiny afterthought of a college in canton, mo, about a half hour north of Hannibal, or two and a half hours north of STL.
They were naia but may have gone division II. Think Mayville state. Its a private school IIRC.

SamsRams
03-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Congrats to the there people who picked Prairie View. Your prize is in the mail