PDA

View Full Version : Taylor and Bunning on Ed Schultz

ACES1180
02-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Gene Taylor and Tom Bunning were supposed to be on News and Views with Schultz this morning. Did anyone here what they talked about? I was unable to get to a radio to hear the program. According to the KFGO Web site, they were going to discuss whether or not the Bison and UND were playing in football. I know its not some people's favorite topic, but I just wanted to know what was said.

NDSU_grad
02-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I"m pretty sure it's tomorrow morning (Thursday).

ACES1180
02-21-2007, 07:54 PM
I"m pretty sure it's tomorrow morning (Thursday).

Ok...Thanks for the update. :)

TheDoctor
02-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Yes, I heard Eddy say this moring that it will be tomorrow. He said were gonna sit them down and figure out what needs to happen to get this football game scheduled. ::)

DenverBison05
02-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Yes, I heard Eddy say this moring that it will be tomorrow. *He said were gonna sit them down and figure out what needs to happen to get this football game scheduled. *::)
Why is it that I have a feel that Taylor is wlaking into a minefield? Im suprised that he decided to even do this.

ACES1180
02-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I really don't think Gene is going to take any bullying...Maybe UND will formally appologize for the way they treated us in 2003 :o

tcbison
02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Is there a way to listen to this online? I am looking on the KFGO website but I can't find it.

ACES1180
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
They used to have a stream, but it looks like it was removed. *:-/

tcbison
02-21-2007, 09:09 PM

Hmmm. That could be a reason why I can't find it. Did WDAY do the same thing?

ACES1180
02-21-2007, 09:22 PM

Hmmm. *That could be a reason why I can't find it. Did WDAY do the same thing?

I think a lot of radio stations with national content (ex - Hannity, Limbaugh, NFL) decided to remove their streams because of copyright issues. KFAN's stream blocks out Vikings and ESPN content to online listeners. I assume that KFGO and WDAY didn't want the hassle. However, that is just a theory, not fact.

IowaBisonToo
02-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Yes, I heard Eddy say this moring that it will be tomorrow. *He said were gonna sit them down and figure out what needs to happen to get this football game scheduled. *::)
If anybody can do it, Big Eddie can. ::) Bleeeeeccchhh! :P

Woden
02-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Why is it that I have a feel that Taylor is wlaking into a minefield? Im suprised that he decided to even do this.

I know it is a sore subject around here, but I've all ready discussed this on a different topic. From what I was told by someone close last week, Bunning and Taylor had a conversation last Monday about scheduling a game for September 1. I was told something would be decided by the middle of this week. I'm not saying they will announce the game tomorrow, but I do believe this is a way to slowly bring about the decision to play the game. NDSU is in need of more home games, which also brings in money to the program. They have found that no good IAA programs want to come to the FargoDome (Why would they want to face a 10-1 non-conference team?). NDSU knows UND will bring a sellout crowd into the dome. The problem comes with NDSU trying to save face and make it seem like they don't NEED to play UND. If what I have been told comes true tomorrow, Taylor will probably say something to the likes of, "We will help UND through their first years of transition, even though they didn't help us." It will be a way to have the game played and still save face. Flame away.

MinotBison
02-21-2007, 11:33 PM
If anybody can do it, Big Eddie can. ::) *Bleeeeeccchhh! :P

If they did announce on his show that they were going to play, he'd be crowing about it for the rest of his life. Bleeeeeeeeeech is right. In fact, double bleeech.

kchats
02-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Why is it that I have a feel that Taylor is wlaking into a minefield? *Im suprised that he decided to even do this.

I know it is a sore subject around here, but I've all ready discussed this on a different topic. *From what I was told by someone close last week, Bunning and Taylor had a conversation last Monday about scheduling a game for September 1. *I was told something would be decided by the middle of this week. *I'm not saying they will announce the game tomorrow, but I do believe this is a way to slowly bring about the decision to play the game. *NDSU is in need of more home games, which also brings in money to the program. *They have found that no good IAA programs want to come to the FargoDome (Why would they want to face a 10-1 non-conference team?). *NDSU knows UND will bring a sellout crowd into the dome. *The problem comes with NDSU trying to save face and make it seem like they don't NEED to play UND. *If what I have been told comes true tomorrow, Taylor will probably say something to the likes of, "We will help UND through their first years of transition, even though they didn't help us." *It will be a way to have the game played and still save face. *Flame away.

Did you here this at one of those Hillsboro meetings where the Big Sky was trying to get UND to move up to division I so they could add them to the conference? ;)

Bisonguy
02-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Woden is pretty good with his info.

Should be an interesting show tomorrow.

DenverBison05
02-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Woden is pretty good with his info.

Should be an interesting show tomorrow.

You'll have to keep us out-of-towners updated

DIBISON
02-22-2007, 01:06 AM
My take is that Gene is still waiting on other FCS/FBS teams, he has many phone calls out there, and that nothing new will come out tommorrow. It will be the same old, if April comes around and NDSU still has openings, well then maybe the game can get scheduled. Its still to early for NDSU in the scheduling process so don't get your hopes up or down!!

TransAmBison
02-22-2007, 01:35 AM
Why is it that I have a feel that Taylor is wlaking into a minefield? *Im suprised that he decided to even do this.

I know it is a sore subject around here, but I've all ready discussed this on a different topic. *From what I was told by someone close last week, Bunning and Taylor had a conversation last Monday about scheduling a game for September 1. *I was told something would be decided by the middle of this week. *I'm not saying they will announce the game tomorrow, but I do believe this is a way to slowly bring about the decision to play the game. *NDSU is in need of more home games, which also brings in money to the program. *They have found that no good IAA programs want to come to the FargoDome (Why would they want to face a 10-1 non-conference team?). *NDSU knows UND will bring a sellout crowd into the dome. *The problem comes with NDSU trying to save face and make it seem like they don't NEED to play UND. *If what I have been told comes true tomorrow, Taylor will probably say something to the likes of, "We will help UND through their first years of transition, even though they didn't help us." *It will be a way to have the game played and still save face. *Flame away.

Thanks for the info...

tcbison
02-22-2007, 01:40 AM

You shouldn't have to worry much about people flaming away on this post. Lakes was banned for a week. Thanks for the info. I think the toughest thing about scheduling UND is what do you do next year. 2008 NDSU can make the playoffs and I can't see them traveling to Grand Forks for that game. Maybe I am wrong on that one.

DIBISON
02-22-2007, 01:49 AM
NDSU won't be going to GF in 2008 and I doubt they will even play. They won't be a DI counter until 2009 so if we don't play this year then 2009 will be the first year. If they play this year, it'll skip a year and resume in 09. They owe us a game so the first two will be in the FD.

NDSUguy
02-22-2007, 01:54 AM
When would UND become part of the GWFC? If in '08 they are not part of that conference (assuming that we're still in that conference) then we would not be required to give them a home and home.

kchats
02-22-2007, 01:58 AM
The Great West has stated UND and USD can't join until 2009 since they will not be counters and it would not be fair to the teams playing for the playoffs.

lonelygriz
02-22-2007, 02:20 AM
I am certain there will NOT be a BISON/sioux FB game announced on news and views.

sambini
02-22-2007, 03:47 AM
Thanks Griz++++

Uni_of_No_Diks
02-22-2007, 04:40 AM
Why give them (UND and idiot ED) the ego trip????

I dont get it.

Its a blackeye on NDSU for Gene to appear on there with Bunning. (im guessing they will be at seperate times) and ED is lookin for ratings, period.

CaBisonFan
02-22-2007, 04:45 AM
I really don't think Gene is going to take any bullying...Maybe UND will formally appologize for the way they treated us in 2003 :o

I'm with you on this. An apology would be appropriate.

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 04:46 AM

I'm with you on this. *An apology would be appropriate. *

Dream a little dream. That will NEVER happen! It's appropriate, but will never happen. ;)

BisonMav
02-22-2007, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if a game is played this year and skipped next year. 2009 may depend on conference affiliation.

SDbison
02-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Please no Siouxage in 2007, 2008 or 2009. Those losers can fend for themselves. Some of you posters need to move on and get past the DII days. The fighting poo are slime and they always will be. No one else cares about a game with UND but North Dakota. Sounds like a DII / DIII mentality to me. I really hope Gene can arrange for a game against an FBS team because IT WILL MEAN MORE TO NDSU's NATIONAL PUBLICITY THAN ANY GAME AGAINST THE SUSANS. BTW, the Sioux still SUCK!
Lakes is needed around here to keep some of you from living in the 1980's.

roadwarrior
02-22-2007, 06:23 AM
I am certain there will NOT be a BISON/sioux FB game announced on news and views.

+++++++

Uni_of_No_Diks
02-22-2007, 06:34 AM
SD BISON

you are absolutely right, this is digusting the way some of these people forget what happened 4-5 years ago

with the press conference to announce they wont play NDSU and how NDSU will fail at D1.

its hilarious.

No UND, I had 20 people email gene taylor today.

I think its shameful for gene to even go on KFGO tomorrow and even discuss this possibilility.

56BISON73
02-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Please no Siouxage in 2007, 2008 or 2009. *Those losers can fend for themselves. *Some of you posters need to move on and get past the DII days. *The fighting poo are slime and they always will be. *No one else cares about a game with UND but North Dakota. *Sounds like a DII / DIII mentality to me. *I really hope Gene can arrange for a game against an FBS team because IT WILL MEAN MORE TO NDSU's NATIONAL PUBLICITY THAN ANY GAME AGAINST THE SUSANS. *BTW, the Sioux still SUCK! *
Lakes is needed around here to keep some of you from living in the 1980's. * *

It seems you and many others need to move on with what happened in the past. Plus you saying that no one else cares about the game is ludicrous. 100 years of tradition will over come all this petty bs. Its going to happen. Ive already emailed Gene with my support on this subject. PL

bisonpride2k
02-22-2007, 07:08 AM
SD BISON

you are absolutely right, this is digusting the way some of these people forget what happened 4-5 years ago

with the press conference to announce they wont play NDSU and how NDSU will fail at D1.

its hilarious.

I think its shameful for gene to even go on KFGO tomorrow and even discuss this possibilility.

That was all the wonderful makings of Roger Thomas. He flat out told the coaches not to play. It was all HIS call. He is the one behind all of the crap we had to deal with. Now he is gone and his DII conference is going to fold. I dont look at it as helping UND at all. I look at it as the fact that we have an OUTSTANDING senior class and team next year that have not had the chance to play UND in their time as a Bison. Personally I would love to see us beat the living crap out of them next year as we all know just how good we will be. Since it will probably be the first game of the year, wouldn't it be great to see Joe Mays absolutely blowing up UND player after UND player the entire season long on the Craig Bohl show intro. Why give them a few years to add more scholarships and recruit the different type of athlete that we already have done when we can beat them into submission now.

semobison
02-22-2007, 11:40 AM
First of all Bunning wasnt around when this chaos started. He doesnt need to apoligize to anybody! On AGS there is a thread about NDSU-UND smack and how it is making all North Dakotans look bad. Some of you need to get over this resentment thing. I cringe when I read this crap. Leave the low ball comments to DaveK. But dont give him the pleasure of responding! That being said, if the Suzies are the best game we can get at home, then thats who we should play!

Bison_Dan
02-22-2007, 12:09 PM
First of all Bunning wasnt around when this chaos started. He doesnt need to apoligize to anybody! On AGS there is a thread about NDSU-UND smack and how it is making all North Dakotans look bad. Some of you need to get over this resentment thing. I cringe when I read this crap. Leave the low ball comments to DaveK. But dont give him the pleasure of responding! That being said, if the Suzies are the best game we can get at home, then thats who we should play!

Just because Bunning wasn't around he still represents und and the coaches that were there. I hope we can find someone else to play.

56BISON73
02-22-2007, 01:07 PM
SD BISON

its hilarious.

That was all the wonderful makings of Roger Thomas. He flat out told the coaches not to play. It was all HIS call. He is the one behind all of the crap we had to deal with. Now he is gone and his DII conference is going to fold. I dont look at it as helping UND at all. I look at it as the fact that we have an OUTSTANDING senior class and team next year that have not had the chance to play UND in their time as a Bison. Personally I would love to see us beat the living crap out of them next year as we all know just how good we will be. Since it will probably be the first game of the year, wouldn't it be great to see Joe Mays absolutely blowing up UND player after UND player the entire season long on the Craig Bohl show intro. Why give them a few years to add more scholarships and recruit the different type of athlete that we already have done when we can beat them into submission now.

Well said. There are more great years in this rivalry than bad. People are taking this way too personal. Its a football game nothing more nothingless. PL

DORMIE
02-22-2007, 01:10 PM
If you happen to run into Tim Miles some day, ask him how he was treated about our move by Rich Glass. It was a total blast from the entire athletic department. Just because Roger Thomas has left doesn't mean all should be forgiven. Remember Moo U, The Farmer In The Dell, The AC, trying to steal the pharmacy outreach program, trying to put ag axtention into education and on and on!!!! They think we should move. It's hard to forget. NICE ARTICLES IN YESTERDAY's USA TODAY AND THE TRIB ON CHIEF ILLINIWAK's l
LAST DANCE AND THE FIGHTING SIOUX LOGO.

56BISON73
02-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Heres a question to the board. Considering all of the UND naysayers. If UND is indeed scheduled this year does that mean you wont show up for the game???? PL

Snoop-a-Loop
02-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Just throwing this out there...Should NDSU play any team that has an alleged offensive nickname??? Should NDSU take the same stance as Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin with respect to UND.

NDSU1980
02-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm still dead set against playing UND in ANYTHING any time soon. Between the foot-in-the-mouth comments they made 4 years ago and the offensive mascot name, I say let them sit by themselves in Siberia Tech.

56BISON73
02-22-2007, 01:17 PM
If you happen to run into Tim Miles some day, ask him how he was treated about our move by Rich Glass. *It was a total blast from the entire athletic department. *Just because Roger Thomas has left doesn't mean all should be forgiven. *Remember Moo U, The Farmer In The Dell, The AC, trying to steal the pharmacy outreach program, trying to put ag axtention into education and on and on!!!! *They think we should move. *It's hard to forget. * NICE ARTICLES IN YESTERDAY's USA TODAY AND THE TRIB ON CHIEF ILLINIWAK's l

I used to live in Urbana when I was a kid. It was amazing the training the chief had to do to perform that dance. To this day when ever Illinois was on TV I always tuned in for his dance. It made me very sad to see it done away with. PL

56BISON73
02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Just throwing this out there...Should NDSU play any team that has an alleged offensive nickname??? *Should NDSU take the same stance as Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin with respect to UND.

NO!!! PL

BisonCountry
02-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Just throwing this out there...Should NDSU play any team that has an alleged offensive nickname??? *Should NDSU take the same stance as Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin with respect to UND.

Yes to play. *No to stance.

I'm thinking it is getting to be harder and harder for Gene to shut down the idea of a possible UND matchup. *When we lost the Montana St. Game and the App. St. possibility, we lost our chance to bring in a team that would fill out our home schedule nicely that would help with Season Ticket sales. *I noticed that they moved up the Team Maker deadline to April, so I assume that is putting a lot more pressure on Gene to get a schedule finalized or at least one more "marquee matchup" that would help sales.

56BISON73
02-22-2007, 01:38 PM

Yes to play. *No to stance.

I'm thinking it is getting to be harder and harder for Gene to shut down the idea of a possible UND matchup. *When we lost the Montana St. Game and the App. St. possibility, we lost our chance to bring in a team that would fill out our home schedule nicely that would help with Season Ticket sales. *I noticed that they moved up the Team Maker deadline to April, so I assume that is putting a lot more pressure on Gene to get a schedule finalized or at least one more "marquee matchup" that would help sales.

Adding UND certainly wont HURT sales at all. PL

RedRiver
02-22-2007, 02:15 PM
It's on now and both is Gene laying it on the line.

Gene Taylor - I don't want to start the game in 2007, stop it in 2008, and start it again. I need a full 2008 schedule with all DI games.

ACES1180
02-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Heres a question to the board. Considering all of the UND naysayers. If UND is indeed scheduled this year does that mean you wont show up for the game???? PL

I would never miss a Bison home game unless something (god forbid) happened to me or my family...I'd be there is a heartbeat...And I would boo the hell out of UND.

RedRiver
02-22-2007, 02:17 PM

Gene Taylor - I don't want to start the game in 2007, stop it in 2008, and start it again. *I need a full 2008 schedule with all DI games.

Ed said he understands Gene's position about the 2008 playoffs and not being able to play the game. But he doesn't understand why they can't play one game in 2007 and then quit for a few years. Ed's not letting up on Gene and the one year deal.

ACES1180
02-22-2007, 02:18 PM

Gene Taylor - I don't want to start the game in 2007, stop it in 2008, and start it again. *I need a full 2008 schedule with all DI games.

Ed said he understands Gene's position about the 2008 playoffs and not being able to play the game. *But he doesn't understand why they can't play one game in 2007 and then quit for a few years. *Ed's not letting up on Gene and the one year deal.

Thanks for the updates...Us out-of-towners appreciate it!

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Gene says its not fair to the other programs (soccer, baseball, etc) and Eddy thinks the other programs need to have some "sensativity training". Gene says "They are sensative, thats the problem" and Eddy says I know "training on how NOT to be so sensative!". ;D ;D

RedRiver
02-22-2007, 02:30 PM
There certainly wasn't any game announced on the show for 2007 and in fact it doesn't even sound like the schools have talked about the specifics for a game.

Other comments from the show:
Gene said he has 6 offers out there for FCS/FBS games and he has to keep all of the dates open. He said the schools will draw as much interest as the UND game and draw as much as a UND game.

Gene is saying that 2007 and 2008 aren't probably the best opportunity to start the games so if you read between the lines it'll be 2009. 2008 is not an option because of playoff complications and UND understands that. Gene is looking at the football game within the overall context of the whole athletic program and just not one sport.

It has been about 50/50 support either way for the game.

Gene said UND will have to come to Fargo for a couple of games in a row.

It is not the appropriate time for the NDSU football program to schedule that game.

ndsubison
02-22-2007, 02:33 PM
It's official: *Buning's closing comments confirmed what we Bison already know. *The flickertails NEED NDSU more than NDSU needs the flickertails. *In his own words, Buning talked about revenue, selling tickets, and marketing his program. *Gene took the pragmatic approach. *Ed is still a blowhard. und can't even see NDSU's taillights anymore. ;D ;D ;D. Now let's get this Gateway thing done and forget about them. This makes my day. 8-)

GOOOOOOOOOOO BISON!!!

ACES1180
02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Gene said he has 6 offers out there for FCS/FBS games and he has to keep all of the dates open. *He said the schools will draw as much interest as the UND game and draw as much as a UND game. *

That's great news!...I hope they get a quality opponent to the Dome.

BISON_Thunder
02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
There certainly wasn't any game announced on the show for 2007 and in fact it doesn't even sound like the schools have talked about the specifics for a game. *

Gene said he has 6 offers out there for FCS/FBS games and he has to keep all of the dates open. *He said the schools will draw as much interest as the UND game and draw as much as a UND game. *

Gene is saying that 2007 and 2008 aren't probably the best opportunity to start the games so if you read between the lines it'll be 2009. *2008 is not an option because of playoff complications and UND understands that. *Gene is looking at the football game within the overall context of the whole athletic program and just not one sport. *

It has been about 50/50 support either way for the game. *

It is not the appropriate time for the NDSU football program to schedule that game.

Gene Taylor is truly an asset for NDSU, the Fargo community, and the state of North Dakota (not just because of this interview, or this particular issue). He has a way of expressing himself in an articulate and confident manner, without sounding like he is "talking down" at someone. I also believe he is as honest as the day is long. He represents us well. :)

ACES1180
02-22-2007, 02:44 PM
There certainly wasn't any game announced on the show for 2007 and in fact it doesn't even sound like the schools have talked about the specifics for a game. *

Gene is saying that 2007 and 2008 aren't probably the best opportunity to start the games so if you read between the lines it'll be 2009. *2008 is not an option because of playoff complications and UND understands that. *Gene is looking at the football game within the overall context of the whole athletic program and just not one sport. *

It has been about 50/50 support either way for the game. *

Gene Taylor is truly an asset for NDSU, the Fargo community, and the state of North Dakota (not just because of this interview, or this particular issue). *He has a way of expressing himself in an articulate and confident manner, without sounding like he is "talking down" at someone. *I also believe he is as honest as the day is long. *He represents us well. *:)

++++

BisonCountry
02-22-2007, 02:53 PM
I also found Gene's comments on the Gateway interesting....he believe's NDSU will be invited to the Gateway. He felt if they weren't going to get in the vote would have happened on Monday. Sounded like 4 were ready to vote "yes" and 3 wanted to gather more information before voting.

Uni_of_No_Diks
02-22-2007, 02:55 PM
what a joke, bunning said what, 3 words? basically.

they just tried to bully taylor and ndsu, *so typical.

are you people sick of that yet? ????

SDbison
02-22-2007, 02:55 PM
NDSU has true LEADERS, UND only followers. Glad to see NDSU keep a firm stance regarding the weenies from the north. Best part is UND will need to make several trips in a row to Fargo when we start playing them (hopefully not until a few years from now). UND needs to feel the pain for the mistakes they CHOSE to make. Hope they have plenty of scheduling woes, less than .500 seasons and difficulty finding conferences. THEY DESERVE IT.

DenverBison05
02-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for al the updates. Us Out-of-towners appreciated it. Glad to hear that Taylor didn't cave in. Hopefully we can get a couple of those offers to agree to come into the Fargo Dome. That would give us 6 home games :)

WYOBISONMAN
02-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Good move by Taylor. It isn't time yet to be thinking about playing the Sioux. I bet Gene get a full schedule with DI-AA opponents.

RedRiver
02-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I like the fact that Gene isn't just looking at this issue as one game for 2007 but rather in the broader context of the whole athletic department. Maybe a lesson learned for many on this board that wanted the game to be played just to fill a home date on the 2007 schedule. What Gene was very clear about was that there is much more involved than one home football game and what is best for the program.

Uni_of_No_Diks
02-22-2007, 03:09 PM
call in 237 5948

studio@kfgo.com

he wants people that oppose it, so call in, dont stand by idlely about this BS

ndsubison
02-22-2007, 03:19 PM
The best part was the listener call-ins after the AD's had left. Some idiot s--ux fan called in and was totally ragging on his assumption that NDSU killed the rivalry 4 yrs ago. "They were the ones who did what they did and ruined everything......blah.....blah.....blah". If that idiot can't see the forest for the trees then he's beyond help.

1) NDSU declares that DI is where the University needs to be
2) und goes on an all-out smear campaign against NDSU and DI in general. Roger Thomas directs all of his coaches to not schedule NDSU in any sports, period.
3) NDSU offers und a 2 yr home & home contract to play. It is flatly refused and the media assault continues.
4) NDSU finds a way to forge on as a DI independent and struggles with scheduling and spends an unimagineable amount of money traveling across the country finding games.
5) NDSU starts to find stability and gains national recognition across several programs at the DI level. FargoDome sets an all-time attendance record for football fans
6) und sees its revenues and attendance drop, decides that it's "best" to schedule NDSU.
7) NDSU, having moved on and forged new relationships with established DI programs across the country, no longer has room to accomodate the interests of und. und balks at the notion and then we have dumbass Red Eddy getting the AD's on his blather show and tries to paint the Bison bad. Shame on you Ed.

I believe that's a brief synopsis. NDSU was told 'good luck & good riddance' so we made our own path. The envious eyes of the north could take a lesson or two from that. Afterall, they are good at following. Get a life. :-[ :-[

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BISON!!!!

Bison_Dan
02-22-2007, 03:30 PM
call in *237 5948

studio@kfgo.com *

he wants people that oppose it, so call in, dont stand by idlely about this BS

You're never going to win with someone (Schultz) that can cut you off and has hours of air time to counter(lie) everything you say.

Uni_of_No_Diks
02-22-2007, 03:43 PM
great post ndsubison send that 2 gene!!

Tatanka
02-22-2007, 04:50 PM
The best part was the listener call-ins after the AD's had left. *Some idiot s--ux fan called in and was totally ragging on his assumption that NDSU killed the rivalry 4 yrs ago. *"They were the ones who did what they did and ruined everything......blah.....blah.....blah". *If that idiot can't see the forest for the trees then he's beyond help. *

1) *NDSU declares that DI is where the University needs to be
2) *und goes on an all-out smear campaign against NDSU and DI in general. *Roger Thomas directs all of his coaches to not schedule NDSU in any sports, period. *
3) *NDSU offers und a 2 yr home & home contract to play. *It is flatly refused and the media assault continues.
4) *NDSU finds a way to forge on as a DI independent and struggles with scheduling and spends an unimagineable amount of money traveling across the country finding games.
5) *NDSU starts to find stability and gains national recognition across several programs at the DI level. *FargoDome sets an all-time attendance record for football fans
6) *und sees its revenues and attendance drop, decides that it's "best" to schedule NDSU.
7) *NDSU, having moved on and forged new relationships with established DI programs across the country, no longer has room to accomodate the interests of und. *und balks at the notion and then we have dumbass Red Eddy getting the AD's on his blather show and tries to paint the Bison bad. *Shame on you Ed. *

I believe that's a brief synopsis. *NDSU was told 'good luck & good riddance' so we made our own path. *The envious eyes of the north could take a lesson or two from that. *Afterall, they are good at following. *Get a life. :-[ :-[GOOOOOOOOOOOO BISON!!!!
++

A couple additions:
1a) *NDSU Invites all of NCC to go with to DI. *NCC votes no.
1.5) *No single-game seats left for NDSU game at tin shed, but UND ticket office says season tickets still available.
2a) *UND "We're not playing NDSU" Press Conference
2b) *Legislative attempts to derail the move to D-I, decrying potential increase in student fees to pay, audit of NDSU Athletics finances, etc.
2c) *Kupchella's "I want you to know that I hate..." letter to UND Athletics alumni.
2d) *Great West Football Conference "not a real conference, more of a scheduling agreement".
2e) *NCC teams encouraged not to schedule/play xDSU.
3.5) *$27.50
4.5) *Bison BB Men beat nationally-ranked Wisconsin. *UND BB Men beat Crookston. *
5.5) *DII home playoff game in tin shed draws significantly less than "fake" rivalry game in FargoDome.
6.5) *UND announces increase to student fees to fund move to DI.
6.75) UND applies for admission to GWFC, GWFC says not until UND is a counter.

Forgive, yes. *Forget, I don't think so. *They made their bed with a series of conscious decisions. *Now they sleep.

IowaBison
02-22-2007, 04:57 PM
1aa) NDSU forgos transition a year to provide NCC members time to consider move.

Jdubs21
02-22-2007, 05:06 PM
i couldnt agree more...screw UND.....they didnt have the balls to play us 4 years ago when we made the home and home contract offer....they sure as hell dont wanna play us now when our teams are for more skilled and talented...nothing against out prior teams but since our move we have gotten bigger recruits, and we are a forced to be rockoned with in just about every sport and we have PROVEN that...that isnt an assumption

BisBison
02-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Hail the Bison; Hail the Bison, with their tails up in the air. (you know the rest) ;) What's the view from their und2?? Get used to it cause that's all you're going to see for a long while. ;D ;D ;D

Jdubs21
02-22-2007, 05:09 PM
haha right on!
GO BISON!

DIBISON
02-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Great job guys as those facts cannot be disputed. Will one of you put them all into one summary so we can use as a press release. ;) ;)

The only announcement that I heard on News & Views this morning was that the Bison & Fighting Sioux will probably not play a football game until 2009.

AD Gene Taylor was so professional on the show and provided factual responses to the blasts from Big Eddie. I hope that everyone that was pushing for this game just to get a home game and fill up the FD, heard what Gene had to say. If so, everyone would clearly understand why the game probably won't be played!!

ACES1180
02-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Random question:

Does anybody know if there are any discussions about a game between SDSU and USD? Curious to see if SDSU feels the same way NDSU does.

tcbison
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Random question:

Does anybody know if there are any discussions about a game between SDSU and USD? Curious to see if SDSU feels the same way NDSU does.

From what I have seen on the SDSU message board it would point to the fact that SDSU feels the same way.

Flanders
02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Hail the Bison; Hail the Bison, with their tails up in the air. (you know the rest) ;) What's the view from their und2?? Get used to it cause that's all you're going to see for a long while. ;D ;D ;D

How did a legit thread turn into this? How or why is this allowed? Does every F'ing discussion have to deteriorate into this?

Uni_of_No_Diks
02-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Flanders, newsflash. Free country, goto und message board if you don't like it.

wow, what ineptitude.

Flanders
02-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Why would I go to a UND board? It's smack, plain and simple. As I listend to Mr. Taylor and Mr. Buning this morning, I couldn't help but think how enjoyable it would be if the fans of the respective teams were as classy as the AD's were.

rabidrabbit
02-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Great job guys as those facts cannot be disputed. *Will one of you put them all into one summary so we can use as a press release. *;) *;)

The only announcement that I heard on News & Views this morning was that the Bison & Fighting Sioux will probably not play a football game until 2009.

AD Gene Taylor was so professional on the show and provided factual responses to the blasts from Big Eddie. *I hope that everyone that was pushing for this game just to get a home game and fill up the FD, heard what Gene had to say. *If so, everyone would clearly understand why the game probably won't be played!!

Jacks are solidly booked for games in 2007/2008/and into 2009. There won't be room for a D-II counter in our first year of pursuing FCS championship. Especially if we take USD into GWFC, would also have UND >:( TWO D-II counting games in conference will knock you out! Look at Poly in 2004 if any questions.

Uni_of_No_Diks
02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
then quit whining about it on a ndsu board.

furthermore. Bunning didn't say more than 3 sentences, that wasn't classy at all.

Bunning was like a defense attorney and just sat there, while Eddy tried to push taylor and belittle NDSU and their fans.

sambini
02-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Lakes was that you that Ed CUT OFF....

roadwarrior
02-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Gene might not have wanted to appear on Eddy's show this morning, but that is not the way he operates. He is very accessible and doesnt hide from some tough questions.

Eddy is only trying to stir the pot. That's what boosts his ratings.

Flanders
02-22-2007, 06:07 PM
then quit whining about it on a ndsu board.

furthermore. Bunning didn't say more than 3 sentences, that wasn't classy at all.

Bunning was like a defense attorney and just sat there, while Eddy tried to push taylor and belittle NDSU and their fans.

Buning answered every, single, question that was put to him. He was a class act all the way. Your credibility dwindles when you try to paint Buning as anything but.

WarBison
02-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Buning was fine, Taylor was great.....Eddy's the one that made himself sound like an idiot whining and crying and trying to push around Gene

Flanders
02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Agreed.

Uni_of_No_Diks
02-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Flanders.

duh, it would be easy for me if the moderator was on my side, and I got thrown 3 questions, 2 of which were "Bunning, do you have a spot in 2007 for NDSU?"

Would you be fine with playing NDSU in 2007, then not in 2008?"

very impressive, NOT.

it was total embarrasment on ed's part in my mind. (im not necessarily dissing bunning)

semobison
02-22-2007, 06:12 PM
UNI...Anyone that has UND sucks under their name is an idiot! Do you have any other agenda?

sambini
02-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Its all part of ratings game. I thought it was fine and Gene did a good job. Ed still trys to be a homer UND fan. We will see the Sioux IN 2009.

WarBison
02-22-2007, 06:20 PM
If you aren't on Eddy's side....good luck, he's a jerk. I agree, see em in '09.

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 06:30 PM

Lakes is on a Tony imposed vacation! *:o ::) *The real people on vacation though are the great posters of Bisonville. *8-) *8-) *8-)

I vote for 51 more weeks! Lets make it a flat year! ;D

NDSU1980
02-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I didn't hear the program, but from what I read here, it looks like Gene has the situation well in hand. That is why NDSU will be winning national titles while UND flounders around in transition purgatory. Watch the Great West Dwindle if we go to the Gateway.

IowaBisonToo
02-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Sambini (or anybody else for that matter) - you'll have to shed some light on this for those of us who weren't able to listen to the program. What was the caller saying when he got the "hook" from Big "UND-Homer is my middle name" Eddie?

DenverBison05
02-22-2007, 07:09 PM

Lakes is on a Tony imposed vacation! *:o ::) *The real people on vacation though are the great posters of Bisonville. *8-) *8-) *8-)

I vote for 51 more weeks! *Lets make it a flat year! *;D

B1SON, some of us on this board actually enjoy reading Lakes posts - we may not always agree with what he says, but we enjoy how he riles some of you posters. Its entertaining the way posters like you act when he's around. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Jdubs21
02-22-2007, 07:12 PM
why are we actually letting ed get the best of us...quit whining about what he has said, we all know hes an idiot and just trying to stir the pot...we are doing exactly what he wants us to do and that bitch about stupid crap like this...haha

ACES1180
02-22-2007, 07:24 PM

B1SON, some of us on this board actually enjoy reading Lakes posts - we may not always agree with what he says, but we enjoy how he riles some of you posters. *Its entertaining the way posters like you act when he's around. 8-) 8-) 8-)

++++

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 08:08 PM

B1SON, some of us on this board actually enjoy reading Lakes posts - we may not always agree with what he says, but we enjoy how he riles some of you posters. *Its entertaining the way posters like you act when he's around. 8-) 8-) 8-)

++++

I am glad I could entertain you. *I am a level headed individual. *I am NOT going to deny for a second that lakes brings *A LOT of information to the table. *BUT, he attacks people and makes NDSU fans look like idiots on message boards like Gopherhole. *He would NEVER talk the way he does to peoples faces that he does on here, so I take issue with that. *Last, don't tell me "How do you know he wouldn't say those things to people's faces, your not him". *I have seen Lakes at TeamMakers luncheons and tailgating. *He actually has common sense when he's being held accountable. *When Lakes is hiding behind a computer screen, his goal is to be informative, be an advocate, and offend as many people as he can. *

DenverBison05
02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
I am glad I could entertain you. *I am a level headed individual. *I am NOT going to deny for a second that lakes brings *A LOT of information to the table. *BUT, he attacks people and makes NDSU fans look like idiots on message boards like Gopherhole. *He would NEVER talk the way he does to peoples faces that he does on here, so I take issue with that. *Last, don't tell me "How do you know he wouldn't say those things to people's faces, your not him". *I have seen Lakes at TeamMakers luncheons and tailgating. *He actually has common sense when he's being held accountable. *When Lakes is hiding behind a computer screen, his goal is to be informative, be an advocate, and offend as many people as he can. *
You might normally be a level headed person, but Lake brings out the worse in you, because you certainly don't act level-headed when he is around, including making attacks on him. *Just my 2 cents.

ACES1180
02-22-2007, 08:16 PM

++++

I agree that attacking people is not cool...Some of his ideas do make me laugh, though.

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
You might normally be a level headed person, but Lake brings out the worse in you, because you certainly don't act level-headed when he is around, including making attacks on him. *Just my http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/twocents.gif

Fair enough! * 8-)

NDSUstudent
02-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Lakes had enough warnings and his crap was getting old, I am with B1SON on the 52 week ban. Things have been alot better without lakes and GWFC.

RedRiver
02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Back to the subject at hand.

Gene Taylor was great this morning on the show and handled all of the tough questions in a straight and honest manner. His explainations were pure and simple and it was easy to understand why there will probably be no Bison-Fighting Sioux game until 2009. Of course Eddie couldn't understand but anyone looking at the issue objectively should be able to see the light after hearing what Gene said this morning.

Instead of worrying about Lakes, I think we should close this subject and move on, at least until April when the final 2007 football schedules come out.

BisonCountry
02-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Lakes had enough warnings and his crap was getting old, I am with B1SON on the 52 week ban. Things have been alot better without lakes and GWFC.
I'm pretty sure he is still on here posting with a different name....A certain user hasn't posted for a little over a year and suddenly starts posting the day after he's banned.....Hmmm?!?!?!?!

Anyways, I come to this board 70% for information and 30% for entertainment. Lakes is entertaining to say the least.

NDSUstudent
02-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Back to the subject at hand. *

Gene Taylor was great this morning on the show and handled all of the tough questions in a straight and honest manner. *His explainations were pure and simple and it was easy to understand why there will probably be no Bison-Fighting Sioux game until 2009. *Of course Eddie couldn't understand but anyone looking at the issue objectively should be able to see the light after hearing what Gene said this morning.

Instead of worrying about Lakes, I think we should close this subject and move on, at least until April when the final 2007 football schedules come out.

+++++++

Agreed, not much came out of the interview besides the obvious Taylor doesn't want to play UND and Shultz is a pompous idiot.

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure he is still on here posting with a different name....A certain user hasn't posted for a little over a year and suddenly starts posting the day after he's banned.....Hmmm?!?!?!?!

Anyways, I come to this board 70% for information and 30% for entertainment. *Lakes is entertaining to say the least.

I hope it is him and I hope he is using it as an opportunity to "turn over a new leaf" with a new user name. He obvioulsy can't identfy himself again as lakes. If it is him, he has quit the cussing and attacking and just brought the two qualities he posesses that are good. #1 extensive internet research on a topic and #2 a deep passion for Bison athletics. I swear to the holy one, I will quit talking about this now! ;) ;D I PROMISE! ;D

TonkaBison
02-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I didn't hear the program, but from what I read here, it looks like Gene has the situation well in hand. *That is why NDSU will be winning national titles while UND flounders around in transition purgatory. *Watch the Great West Dwindle if we go to the Gateway.

Cal Poly and UC Davis will never let that happen! *Nor should we let those two flounder!!! * >:(

TonkaBison
02-22-2007, 11:05 PM
By the way get ready to start printing "Don't Go Gene" buttons. :-/

Hammersmith
02-22-2007, 11:16 PM
By the way get ready to start printing "Don't Go Gene" buttons. * :-/
Is that just a general comment or are you hinting at something specific?

Mr._Bill
02-22-2007, 11:26 PM

When any 1 "Poster" thinks that he is bigger than the board, a cooling down period is needed. I was starting to wonder if this board was about Lakes or NDSU. Thank You admin.

If I ever post "On-Bison" on a Subject line, please ban me!

TonkaBison
02-22-2007, 11:31 PM
By the way get ready to start printing "Don't Go Gene" buttons. * :-/
Is that just a general comment or are you hinting at something specific?

Nothing specific, not like I have spoken to him personally about it, but all you had to do is read between the lines in the article in the Forum a while back. I know that Gene, and I do know this personally, is committed to getting NDSU through the transition and getting us in stable conferences. He is driven to succeed and will probably want to take that to the next level. He won't settle for just any job though and his credentials back him up.

I don't know how we managed to luck out and get Joe Chapman and Gene Taylor and the excellent coaches we have had through this transition but we are coming out of it smelling like a rose if you ask me!

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 11:31 PM

When any 1 "Poster" thinks that he is bigger than the board, a cooling down period is needed. *I was starting to wonder if this board was about Lakes or NDSU. *Thank You admin.

If I ever post "On-Bison" on a Subject line, please ban me!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NDSU1980
02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
I didn't hear the program, but from what I read here, it looks like Gene has the situation well in hand. That is why NDSU will be winning national titles while UND flounders around in transition purgatory. Watch the Great West Dwindle if we go to the Gateway.

Cal Poly and UC Davis will never let that happen! Nor should we let those two flounder!!! >:(

I probably should have worded my post a little differently. I agree, we shouldn't let Cal Poly and Davis hang there. I'd love to play them in non-conference games. Hell, the Davis rivalry goes back to the early 80's.

kchats
02-23-2007, 12:55 AM
If you happen to run into Tim Miles some day, ask him how he was treated about our move by Rich Glass. *It was a total blast from the entire athletic department. *Just because Roger Thomas has left doesn't mean all should be forgiven. *Remember Moo U, The Farmer In The Dell, The AC, trying to steal the pharmacy outreach program, trying to put ag axtention into education and on and on!!!! *They think we should move. *It's hard to forget. * NICE ARTICLES IN YESTERDAY's USA TODAY AND THE TRIB ON CHIEF ILLINIWAK's l

I agree ask Amy Ruley how Roebuck treated her. I guarantee you it was the worst treatment of all the coaches. I don't think any member of the NDSU athletic department was spared the mistreatment at the hands of UND. I say only play them when forced to by conference membership or a playoff game or tournament game. >:(

TonkaBison
02-23-2007, 01:05 AM

I agree ask Amy Ruley how Roebuck treated her. *I guarantee you it was the worst treatment of all the coaches. *I don't think any member of the NDSU athletic department was spared the mistreatment at the hands of UND. *I say only play them when forced to by conference membership or a playoff game or tournament game. >:(

One Cup of Jello is gone only one member of the "Gang of Four" will be left, Cup of Jello, The Man With Two First Names and Richie "why would we want to play them" Glas are gone. *Should we suggest that Roebuck hit the road before we resume the rivalry? *Just a thought. * :-?

TonkaBison
02-23-2007, 01:07 AM
I didn't hear the program, but from what I read here, it looks like Gene has the situation well in hand. *That is why NDSU will be winning national titles while UND flounders around in transition purgatory. *Watch the Great West Dwindle if we go to the Gateway.

Cal Poly and UC Davis will never let that happen! *Nor should we let those two flounder!!! * >:(

I probably should have worded my post a little differently. *I agree, we shouldn't let Cal Poly and Davis hang there. *I'd love to play them in non-conference games. *Hell, the Davis rivalry goes back to the early 80's.

Excellent! Those rivalries MUST continue!!! Remember we played Poly back in the 80's too when Bentrim was QB. Beat them if I remember correctly.

roadwarrior
02-23-2007, 01:35 AM
It was 1985. Cal Poly 35 NDSU 29

bincitysioux
02-23-2007, 02:04 AM
The best quote of the interview by far was when Gene Taylor said, "it is not a matter of if the rivalry will resume, but when."

That ought to really set off Lakesbison!

bincitysioux
02-23-2007, 02:06 AM
Here are my thoughts on today's interview:

As always, Bunning was a class act and represented UND extremely well. When asked by Big Ed what it will take to resume the rivalry as early as 2007, Bunning replied, "I'm ready". Also, I was a little worried that Buning may come off as "begging" NDSU for a game. Obviously, this is not the case as UND football for the last 4-5 years has experience all-time highs in attendance and televison covereage. He did great job to point out that both A.D.s, know the importance of a rivalry as Buning came from Army, and Taylor came from Navy. As already reported, Taylor had reservations, saying yes, it would probably make sense for 2007 with the scheduling situations at both schools, but he was reluctant to schedule for 2007 because with NDSU being playoff eligible in 2008 there was no way that he would consider a non-counter on the schedule in 2008, so he felt it would be unfair to players, coaches, and fans, to play the game for one year, and then have to discontinue it for a indeterminable amount of time. He also threw out that it would be unfair to play only in football to other coaches and not in the other sports. ::)

I had to chuckle to myself the way that Gene Taylor mentioned that Roger Thomas basically put a stop to the rivalry and the reason was because in 2004 the playoff implications were a serious factor for a DII (UND) playing a DI (NDSU). He said that since Buning came to UND, they have had open converstions about the games. But now, when the shoe is on the other foot, he doesn't want to play UND because it will potentially hurt NDSU's playoff chances in 2008. I completely understand that philosophy, just as I did in 2003 when UND decided not to play NDSU in the 2004 season...........................why, because it would have hurt their playoff chances. I personally see alot less benefit for NDSU playing UND in 2008 than in 2007. Had UND moved up first and was at the same point in transition that NDSU currently is, I would absolutely feel the same way. However, it appears to me that apparently Gene Taylor may have learned something about being an A.D. from Roger Thomas. :D

As I try to examine the situation from an objective point of view (as objective as a die-hard Sioux fan can, that is ) , I gathered this: If I were an NDSU booster/alumni/fan I would be very upset. To claim that NDSU has a significant amount of schools willing to come to Fargo that would generate the same amount of interest as a UND football game in Fargo is laughable. The reason I would be upset is because I know that college athletics is many things, but first and foremost, it is a business. And, IMHO, it is bad business to assume that it would be good business to turn down a sure sell-out crowd on my home field. To add to that, it would be a game that would provide statewide network TV exposure, along with cable TV coverage in the tri-state area. If I had a vested interest in NDSU athletics, I don't see how paying a guarantee of $30,000-50,000 to get a DII or a willing (likely low-interest) FCS school which would probably draw around 12,000-13,000 fans would be more desireable/beneficial/profitable to NDSU than having a team that offers a sure sell-out come to Fargo for apparently free. Economics 101, people, do they offer that course anywhere in Fargo?

TonkaBison
02-23-2007, 02:17 AM
Here are my thoughts on today's interview:

As always, Bunning was a class act and represented UND extremely well. When asked by Big Ed what it will take to resume the rivalry as early as 2007, Bunning replied, "I'm ready". Also, I was a little worried that Buning may come off as "begging" NDSU for a game. Obviously, this is not the case as UND football for the last 4-5 years has experience all-time highs in attendance and televison covereage. He did great job to point out that both A.D.s, know the importance of a rivalry as Buning came from Army, and Taylor came from Navy. As already reported, Taylor had reservations, saying yes, it would probably make sense for 2007 with the scheduling situations at both schools, but he was reluctant to schedule for 2007 because with NDSU being playoff eligible in 2008 there was no way that he would consider a non-counter on the schedule in 2008, so he felt it would be unfair to players, coaches, and fans, to play the game for one year, and then have to discontinue it for a indeterminable amount of time. He also threw out that it would be unfair to play only in football to other coaches and not in the other sports. *::) *

I had to chuckle to myself the way that Gene Taylor mentioned that Roger Thomas basically put a stop to the rivalry and the reason was because in 2004 the playoff implications were a serious factor for a DII (UND) playing a DI (NDSU). He said that since Buning came to UND, they have had open converstions about the games. But now, when the shoe is on the other foot, he doesn't want to play UND because it will potentially hurt NDSU's playoff chances in 2008. I completely understand that philosophy, just as I did in 2003 when UND decided not to play NDSU in the 2004 season...........................why, because it would have hurt their playoff chances. I personally see alot less benefit for NDSU playing UND in 2008 than in 2007. Had UND moved up first and was at the same point in transition that NDSU currently is, I would absolutely feel the same way. However, it appears to me that apparently Gene Taylor may have learned something about being an A.D. from Roger Thomas. * :D

As I try to examine the situation from an objective point of view (as objective as a die-hard Sioux fan can, that is *) , I gathered this: If I were an NDSU booster/alumni/fan I would be very upset. To claim that NDSU has a significant amount of schools willing to come to Fargo that would generate the same amount of interest as a UND football game in Fargo is laughable. The reason I would be upset is because I know that college athletics is many things, but first and foremost, it is a business. And, IMHO, it is bad business to assume that it would be good business to turn down a sure sell-out crowd on my home field. To add to that, it would be a game that would provide statewide network TV exposure, along with cable TV coverage in the tri-state area. If I had a vested interest in NDSU athletics, I don't see how paying a guarantee of $30,000-50,000 to get a DII or a willing (likely low-interest) FCS school which would probably draw around 12,000-13,000 fans would be more desireable/beneficial/profitable to NDSU than having a team that offers a sure sell-out come to Fargo for apparently free. Economics 101, people, do they offer that course anywhere in Fargo?

Going by your argument listed then I believe you are saying that a game in Fargo in 2007 with no gauranteed counter in Grand Forks in the future is acceptable? That being the case let's get the papers signed. Thank you for your sacrifice to the Great State of North Dakota!

TonkaBison
02-23-2007, 02:18 AM
It was 1985. *Cal Poly 35 NDSU 29

I hate people with long memories! :P

NDSU_grad
02-23-2007, 02:20 AM
As I try to examine the situation from an objective point of view (as objective as a die-hard Sioux fan can, that is *) , I gathered this: If I were an NDSU booster/alumni/fan I would be very upset. To claim that NDSU has a significant amount of schools willing to come to Fargo that would generate the same amount of interest as a UND football game in Fargo is laughable. The reason I would be upset is because I know that college athletics is many things, but first and foremost, it is a business. And, IMHO, it is bad business to assume that it would be good business to turn down a sure sell-out crowd on my home field. To add to that, it would be a game that would provide statewide network TV exposure, along with cable TV coverage in the tri-state area. If I had a vested interest in NDSU athletics, I don't see how paying a guarantee of $30,000-50,000 to get a DII or a willing (likely low-interest) FCS school which would probably draw around 12,000-13,000 fans would be more desireable/beneficial/profitable to NDSU than having a team that offers a sure sell-out come to Fargo for apparently free. Economics 101, people, do they offer that course anywhere in Fargo?

Bin, it was a good post until this. You know the Bison would draw better than that on opening day, even for a crappy opponent.

bincitysioux
02-23-2007, 02:26 AM

Bin, it was a good post until this. *You know the Bison would draw better than that on opening day, even for a crappy opponent.

O.K., how much better is the profit margin when you add 1,500 fans to the cost of the Guarantee game versus a free sell-out? Think from a business stand-point, not an emotional one.

56BISON73
02-23-2007, 02:27 AM
""""so he felt it would be unfair to players, coaches, and fans, to play the game for one year, and then have to discontinue it for a indeterminable amount of time. He also threw out that it would be unfair to play only in football to other coaches and not in the other sports. """"

That makes no sense to me what so ever. But IMO its a pretty good politically correct statement.(he knows how to dance)
But as I said in my email I would support him in what ever decision he made. PL

DIBISON
02-23-2007, 02:46 AM
Hey Bin, your post is way out of line with the general discussion. I wonder if you even read the previous 7 pages. I don't even think the radio interview was as long as your post. Oh well, I needed a good laugh.

kchats
02-23-2007, 02:48 AM
The fact of the matter is UND did what UND did to NDSU's administration and coaches. Bunning has been working like hell to try and correct it behind the scenes but he hasn't publicly came out and stated the facts. Bunning hasn't manned up and said Kupchella, RT, Glas, Roebuck, the UND fans and the media were out of line in their treatment of NDSU, its administration, coaches, players and fans. You are not correct in your line of reasoning because there are at least 50% of the fans dead set against playing UND in anything anytime soon. How many of those 50% are big time donors only Gene knows. The best way to do this is to get into the Gateway and start playing in the Mid Con and when NDSU and UND have a chance to play in the playoffs or tournament the game will happen.

HerdBot
02-23-2007, 03:21 AM

Bin, it was a good post until this. *You know the Bison would draw better than that on opening day, even for a crappy opponent.

O.K., how much better is the profit margin when you add 1,500 fans to the cost of the Guarantee game versus a free sell-out? *Think from a business stand-point, not an emotional one. *

The NDSU athletic department is in good shape and we're not hurting for money. Besides, we drew nearly 17,000 per game last year and that didn't count the 12,000 fans that showed up at the Metrodome. SDSU sold out and drew more than any Bison-Sioux game ever did.

99Bison
02-23-2007, 03:40 AM

O.K., how much better is the profit margin when you add 1,500 fans to the cost of the Guarantee game versus a free sell-out? *Think from a business stand-point, not an emotional one. *

You should look at it from a business standpoint (not emotional) too. Even if you were correct and somehow one could make an additional 15,000 for a game that is virtually worthless, the picture is much much bigger. In fact from a business perspective the further NDSU can distance itself from UND the better for NDSU. One cannot argue the distance has been growing faster than most expected since the D1 move. Business is more than accounting, rather it is marketing, accounting, investment, sales, etc. If you look at it like from an overal perspective, not playing until a way future date makes so much sense.

TransAmBison
02-23-2007, 03:47 AM

You should look at it from a business standpoint (not emotional) too. Even if you were correct and somehow one could make an additional 15,000 for a game that is virtually worthless, the picture is much much bigger. In fact from a business perspective the further NDSU can distance itself from UND the better for NDSU. One cannot argue the distance has been growing faster than most expected since the D1 move. Business is more than accounting, rather it is marketing, accounting, investment, sales, etc. If you look at it like from an overal perspective, not playing until a way future date makes so much sense.

I do find it funny that we have all these Firetruck fans looking out for our best interest...I have to admit, it feels kinda creepy getting "well-intentioned advice" from the school-that-must-not-be-named. :)

Wyoherdman
02-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Come on sioux fans. You can put together any long and supposedly thought out post you want to. But the undisputed fact remains: You are begging for a game. Just admit it and quit trying to tell us that its for our benefit. We'll do what's best for us. Pretty sure our track record speaks for itself. Why are you all of a sudden looking out for our best interests? Given your track record, you are about as trustworthy as my wife's ex-husband.

skolbrother
02-23-2007, 03:57 AM
if i were a sue fan i would grow so tired of the view.

bisonpride2k
02-23-2007, 08:25 AM

The NDSU athletic department is in good shape and we're not hurting for money. Besides, we drew nearly 17,000 per game last year and that didn't count the 12,000 fans that showed up at the Metrodome. SDSU sold out and drew more than any Bison-Sioux game ever did.

If that was the case all the sports would be fully funded. Tell the Track, Softball, wrestling, baseball, golf, and soccer teams we dont need more money. I am sure they would be more then happy to tell you otherwise and give you specific details. In order to fund Miles new contract and his demand for assistant coach raises, some other sports had to cut back as much as $20,000 from their originaly approved budgets for this year. I would say that is a decent amount of cash.

Bison_Dan
02-23-2007, 12:18 PM

How much income did und forgo by not signing the 4 yr. deal with Gene back in 2003? With your declining fb attendance looks like und didn't care about money back then, and not just in fb, but bb and all the other sports.

DORMIE
02-23-2007, 01:44 PM
I hate to do this, but I must disagree with my friend, Road. I realize that I might get banned for this, but. In 1985 we won out 3 playoff games including the pitch play and a championship against U of North Alabama. In 1990 we played a quarterfinal game against Cal Poly in Fargo. NDSU 47, Cal Poly 0. Thats the donut. Road knows that I carry info on playoff games and the UND scores from 1963 to 2001 in my wallet. I also have most of the media guides by my desk as I printed most of them.

Bison_Dan
02-23-2007, 02:04 PM
I hate to do this, but I must disagree with my friend, Road. *I realize that I might get banned for this, but. *In 1985 we won out 3 playoff games including the pitch play and a championship against U of North Alabama. *In 1990 we played a quarterfinal game against Cal Poly in Fargo. *NDSU 47, Cal Poly 0. *Thats the donut. *Road knows that I carry *info on playoff games and the UND scores from 1963 to 2001 in my wallet. *I also have most of the media guides by my desk as I printed most of them.

I was at that game and if I remember it was cold as hell.

Mr._Bill
02-23-2007, 02:09 PM
The fact of the matter is UND did what UND did to NDSU's administration and coaches. *Bunning has been working like hell to try and correct it behind the scenes but he hasn't publicly came out and stated the facts. *Bunning hasn't manned up and said Kupchella, RT, Glas, Roebuck, the UND fans and the media were out of line in their treatment of NDSU, its administration, coaches, players and fans. *You are not correct in your line of reasoning because there are at least 50% of the fans dead set against playing UND in anything anytime soon. *How many of those 50% are big time donors only Gene knows. *The best way to do this is to get into the Gateway and start playing in the Mid Con and when NDSU and UND have a chance to play in the playoffs or tournament the game will happen.

You cannot expect UND to come out and start appologizing. *Even if Bunning tried to do that, he reports to Kuppy and he would make everyone else look bad. *Not going to happen, so quit begging UND for an appology. *I would rather just keep my healthy level of distain for them.

The UND folks here are looking at this through kelly green glasses. *This is a business, a competitive business. *Why would NDSU, before UND even starts their transition, say, "OK, let's play. *We'll go ahead and lift you up to our level show the entire college world that you are now DI just like us. * We'll go ahead and do that so everyone can see that we are the same and help your scheduling, recruiting, and your DI image." *

Why would we do that? *It is in NDSU's best interest to get into the MidCon/Gateway and not play UND at all for several years, continuing to distinguish themselves for scheduling and recruiting puposes. * A thousand extra people in the stands for a und game means nothing to me, it is $ lost in the long run. *NDSU's administration understands this, and I think the und folks better start accepting this.

I won't beg you for an appology, but I'm not going to pick up the phone either. *I'll call you when I feel like playing, maybe around 2010 or so. *The sioux are lucky that I'm not the AD.

BISON_Thunder
02-23-2007, 02:51 PM
A couple questions...

:-/

Can someone give me an easy to understand version of the reason the good school from the north has decided to turn ship and transition to DI? *And why now, and not back when NDSU did? *I guess what I am asking is, what has changed in DII the last couple years that has them saying, "now we must make our move to DI"? *To my knowledge the NCAA has made no drastic changes recently to DII, correct? I believe they have expanded play-off oppurtunities, have not further reduced scholies, etc. *The UND boosters insist the athletic talent is much the same between the divisions, and in fact believe playing regional competition is much more interesting than playing the Georgia Southerns, Cal Poly's, etc. *So again, why go DI and why now? *Were they wrong a couple years ago, and right now? *Just because they see NDSU's success? *More money?

:'(

Second, *is anyone else getting really sick of the NDSU/UND stuff? *I am to the point where I could really care less if we ever, ever play UND again...did I mention ever? *

There, I feel better.

Bison_Dan
02-23-2007, 02:59 PM
A couple questions...

:-/

Can someone give me an easy to understand version of the reason the good school from the north has decided to turn ship and transition to DI? *And why now, and not back when NDSU did? *I guess what I am asking is, what has changed in DII the last couple years that had them saying, "now we must make our move to DI"? *To my knowledge the NCAA has made no drastic changes recently to DII, correct...in fact, I believe they have expanded play-off oppurtunities, have not further reduced scholies, etc. *So again, why go DI and why now? *Just because they see NDSU's success? *More money?

:'(

Second, *is anyone else getting really sick of the NDSU/UND stuff? *I am to the point where I could really care less if we ever, ever play UND again...did I mention ever? *I am just tired of it.

There, I feel better.

1. That's easy - JEALOUSLY

2. +

DIBISON
02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
The UND folks here are looking at this through kelly green glasses. *This is a business, a competitive business. *Why would NDSU, before UND even starts their transition, say, "OK, let's play. *We'll go ahead and lift you up to our level show the entire college world that you are now DI just like us. * We'll go ahead and do that so everyone can see that we are the same and help your scheduling, recruiting, and your DI image." *

Why would we do that? *It is in NDSU's best interest to get into the MidCon/Gateway and not play UND at all for several years, continuing to distinguish themselves for scheduling and recruiting puposes. A thousand extra people in the stands for a und game means nothing to me, it is $ lost in the long run. NDSU's administration understands this, and I think the und folks better start accepting this.

I won't beg you for an appology, but I'm not going to pick up the phone either. *I'll call you when I feel like playing, maybe around 2010 or so. *The sioux are lucky that I'm not the AD.

Awesome quotes On Bison. You nailed the facts hard. I've felt the same way all along, it isn't about one home game for 2007, there is a much bigger impact on the long-term health of Bison football. And shouldn't we be more concerned about whats is best for NDSU football rather than our own feelings for a game against the Fighting Sioux?Hopefully, other people are beginning to see the big picture also.

Flanders
02-23-2007, 03:40 PM
The fact of the matter is UND did what UND did to NDSU's administration and coaches. Bunning has been working like hell to try and correct it behind the scenes but he hasn't publicly came out and stated the facts. Bunning hasn't manned up and said Kupchella, RT, Glas, Roebuck, the UND fans and the media were out of line in their treatment of NDSU, its administration, coaches, players and fans. You are not correct in your line of reasoning because there are at least 50% of the fans dead set against playing UND in anything anytime soon. How many of those 50% are big time donors only Gene knows. The best way to do this is to get into the Gateway and start playing in the Mid Con and when NDSU and UND have a chance to play in the playoffs or tournament the game will happen.

KC, not quite sure I agree with you. Firstly, Buning is a retired Lt. Col. Served the U.S. Army for many years. Not sure if "man up" is appropriate commentary for a man who defended this country. Secondly, it is not his job nor will it ever be to apologize to anyone. Not to you, not to NDSU, and not to the Bison faithful. You imply that if he doesn't, you and others might not be able to fully forgive. It's not his job. He didn't do anything wrong. I feel really bad for you that you've let some envious Sioux fans, a few coaches, etc. still have you this pissed off after 3, 4, 5 years? For the record, and I ask this in all sincerity, how could Buning "man up"? What would he have to publicly say? Smart ass answers need not apply. I'm looking for legit responses.

IowaBison
02-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Just an aside, I come from a military family. The light in which Buning is placed by many Sioux fans due to his military service is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

If someone was talking about another service man or woman in the manner Sioux fans often due when speaking about Buning those of us from the military community would being rolling our eyes. (I know I just did when you spoke about Buning.)

I'd like to add this is because their place and the respect due to them is a given. You don't need to bend over backwards to state, "He served his country, don't be ......"

Bison_Dan
02-23-2007, 03:58 PM
The fact of the matter is UND did what UND did to NDSU's administration and coaches. *Bunning has been working like hell to try and correct it behind the scenes but he hasn't publicly came out and stated the facts. *Bunning hasn't manned up and said Kupchella, RT, Glas, Roebuck, the UND fans and the media were out of line in their treatment of NDSU, its administration, coaches, players and fans. *You are not correct in your line of reasoning because there are at least 50% of the fans dead set against playing UND in anything anytime soon. *How many of those 50% are big time donors only Gene knows. *The best way to do this is to get into the Gateway and start playing in the Mid Con and when NDSU and UND have a chance to play in the playoffs or tournament the game will happen.

KC, not quite sure I agree with you. *Firstly, Buning is a retired Lt. Col. *Served the U.S. Army for many years. *Not sure if "man up" is appropriate commentary for a man who defended this country. *Secondly, it is not his job nor will it ever be to apologize to anyone. *Not to you, not to NDSU, and not to the Bison faithful. *You imply that if he doesn't, you and others might not be able to fully forgive. *It's not his job. *He didn't do anything wrong. *I feel really bad for you that you've let some envious Sioux fans, a few coaches, etc. still have you this pissed off after 3, 4, 5 years? *For the record, and I ask this in all sincerity, how could Buning "man up"? *What would he have to publicly say? *Smart ass answers need not apply. *I'm looking for legit responses.

I would be willing to bet in their talks Buning & Gene have hashed it all out between them. If you know Gene he's a stand up guy and is WELL liked & respected throughout the country. There's really nothing he can say publicly except maybe that WE (UND) should have never broken the scheduling to start with. But you have to remember that it was RT who made the decision not to play in ALL sports (except baseball) and he has a hatred for NDSU. What's done is done. UND will have to learn to get along without NDSU in their move just like we had to.

Flanders
02-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Just an aside, I come from a military family. The light in which Buning is placed by many Sioux fans due to his military service is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

If someone was talking about another service man or woman in the manner Sioux fans often due when speaking about Buning those of us from the military community would being rolling our eyes. (I know I just did when you spoke about Buning.)

I'm not speaking for "many Sioux fans". I'm speaking for myself. I hold all military personnel in that regard.

IowaBison
02-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Flanders, I just added something to my post. I know you guys mean no disrepect, and as you said, and I completely understand, it is the exact opposite.

Flanders
02-23-2007, 04:14 PM

KC, not quite sure I agree with you. Firstly, Buning is a retired Lt. Col. Served the U.S. Army for many years. Not sure if "man up" is appropriate commentary for a man who defended this country. Secondly, it is not his job nor will it ever be to apologize to anyone. Not to you, not to NDSU, and not to the Bison faithful. You imply that if he doesn't, you and others might not be able to fully forgive. It's not his job. He didn't do anything wrong. I feel really bad for you that you've let some envious Sioux fans, a few coaches, etc. still have you this pissed off after 3, 4, 5 years? For the record, and I ask this in all sincerity, how could Buning "man up"? What would he have to publicly say? Smart ass answers need not apply. I'm looking for legit responses.

I would be willing to bet in their talks Buning & Gene have hashed it all out between them. If you know Gene he's a stand up guy and is WELL liked & respected throughout the country. There's really nothing he can say publicly except maybe that WE (UND) should have never broken the scheduling to start with. But you have to remember that it was RT who made the decision not to play in ALL sports (except baseball) and he has a hatred for NDSU. What's done is done. UND will have to learn to get along without NDSU in their move just like we had to.

Pretty rare that I agree with you, but I think you nailed it.

met1990
02-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Obviously, this is not the case as UND football for the last 4-5 years has experience all-time highs in attendance and televison covereage.

I thought you made some good points. Especially when it comes to attendance. I bet Buning personally thanked all 5,000 fans that attended the playoff game last year.

WePharm
02-23-2007, 04:56 PM
I really feel Gene has a great feel for what is going on. Like he says its not "if" but "when" the games
will be resumed.
To play in 2007 would be a mistake. There is no way we come out favorable either in a win or a loss. und will be very tough next year. If we played and won by 2 touchdowns McFly would say it was a great dissappointment to only beat a transition school by 14 points. If we lost, well the pr would not be good. So why do it? Wait until at least 2009 when und's scholarships are more on par with ours and the are a counter. I'm not the least bit scared playing und, it's just it should be on our terms.

BisBison
02-23-2007, 05:09 PM
I say we wait until at least 2009 and then only schedule them IF we need a home game. Hopefully by then we're in the Gateway with its 8 games already scheduled which should make finding two more home games much easier than it is now. Also we pay them no guaranty as they owe us a game. Otherwise they can kiss what's under there.

roadwarrior
02-23-2007, 05:10 PM
I hate to do this, but I must disagree with my friend, Road. *I realize that I might get banned for this, but. *In 1985 we won out 3 playoff games including the pitch play and a championship against U of North Alabama. *In 1990 we played a quarterfinal game against Cal Poly in Fargo. *NDSU 47, Cal Poly 0. *Thats the donut. *Road knows that I carry *info on playoff games and the UND scores from 1963 to 2001 in my wallet. *I also have most of the media guides by my desk as I printed most of them.

Dormie, I am well aware of the playoff game in Fargo where Poly failed to score on us, but in 1985 the Bison played Poly in San Luis Obispo and lost 29-35. It was the second game of the season and Solomonson's first season as coach. The post several posts back mentioned when we played Poly in the 80's when Bentrim was quarterback. That was 1985, not 1990.

DORMIE
02-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I stand corrected Road. The game after the rainy one at N. Mich. We start off 2-2, Earl doesn't know if he's on offense or defense, wins 2 National Championships, leaves a hero, falls on hes ass at Montana State and is making a ton at Lutheran Brotherhood.

mikelsch
02-23-2007, 06:09 PM
The annual rivarly will reconvene during the 2009-2010 season for all sports...mark it down

This is an all-or-none deal, and won't happen until UND is a DI counter. Media folk and fans will try to sway this fact, but it is a waste of time. Hopefully there will be an official announcement regarding this issue soon, because it is getting old hearing all the speculation.

TonkaBison
02-23-2007, 11:58 PM

Dormie, I am well aware of the playoff game in Fargo where Poly failed to score on us, but in 1985 the Bison played Poly in San Luis Obispo and lost 29-35. *It was the second game of the season and Solomonson's first season as coach. *The post several posts back mentioned when we played Poly in the 80's when Bentrim was quarterback. * That was 1985, not 1990.

OK now I think it's my time to correct. Aren't you guys confusing Poly for UC Davis? Poly has been I-AA now FCS for many years. We played the Aggies many times over the years in the DII playoffs and they were some great games to go along with the great games we get to play now!

TonkaBison
02-24-2007, 12:02 AM
I really feel Gene has a great feel for what is going on. Like he says its not "if" but "when" the games
will be resumed.
To play in 2007 would be a mistake. There is no way we come out favorable either in a win or a loss. und will be very tough next year. If we played and won by 2 touchdowns McFly would say it was a great dissappointment to only beat a transition school by 14 points. If we lost, well the pr would not be good. So why do it? Wait until at least 2009 when und's scholarships are more on par with ours and the are a counter. I'm not the least bit scared playing und, it's just it should be on our terms.

And, IMHO, Poly and UC Davis get priority over UND. I like those games much better! So much so that I and a number of others plan on going to Poly next year and I doubt I will have as many problems getting a ticket as would be the case at the Alerus (I'm referring to the lack of blocking out tickets for the opposing team not overall attendance). I plan on seeing the Aggies new stadium in the not too distant future as well.

Bisonguy
02-24-2007, 12:11 AM

Dormie, I am well aware of the playoff game in Fargo where Poly failed to score on us, but in 1985 the Bison played Poly in San Luis Obispo and lost 29-35. *It was the second game of the season and Solomonson's first season as coach. *The post several posts back mentioned when we played Poly in the 80's when Bentrim was quarterback. * That was 1985, not 1990.

OK now I think it's my time to correct. *Aren't you guys confusing Poly for UC Davis? *Poly has been I-AA now FCS for many years. *We played the Aggies many times over the years in the DII playoffs and they were some great games to go along with the great games we get to play now! *

Cal-Poly moved to I-AA in 1994.

BraxtonT
02-24-2007, 12:11 AM
OK now I think it's my time to correct. *Aren't you guys confusing Poly for UC Davis? *Poly has been I-AA now FCS for many years. *We played the Aggies many times over the years in the DII playoffs and they were some great games to go along with the great games we get to play now! *
[/quote]

I'll vouch for Road on this one. I specifically remember listening to the Cal Poly game back in 1985. We were getting killed, but made a great comeback only to fall short at the end. The 35-29 score Road stated is correct.

Why would anyone doubt Road?! :-/ ;D

sambini
02-24-2007, 12:37 AM
Road and Dormie are right. As Road has been to all the games. Dormie prints the media guides. Yes Dormie does carry all the stats with him. Ask him at Petro on saturday mornings 10 sharp. Igive you guys both a +++++

kchats
02-24-2007, 01:38 AM

KC, not quite sure I agree with you. *Firstly, Buning is a retired Lt. Col. *Served the U.S. Army for many years. *Not sure if "man up" is appropriate commentary for a man who defended this country. *Secondly, it is not his job nor will it ever be to apologize to anyone. *Not to you, not to NDSU, and not to the Bison faithful. *You imply that if he doesn't, you and others might not be able to fully forgive. *It's not his job. *He didn't do anything wrong. *I feel really bad for you that you've let some envious Sioux fans, a few coaches, etc. still have you this pissed off after 3, 4, 5 years? *For the record, and I ask this in all sincerity, how could Buning "man up"? *What would he have to publicly say? *Smart ass answers need not apply. *I'm looking for legit responses.

I don't really care if he served in the military, he is now an employee of UND. *You UND fans all think that the UND coaches, administration, president and media can attack NDSU for 5 years relentlessly and then decide hey we want to play you in football and womens basketball give us a contract. *It isn't like the attacks lasted one day, one week or two weeks, they have been continual since NDSU made the move and now NDSU fans and administrators have been carrying a grudge too long? *The only thing that has changed is now UND is making the move to division I and they are doing it the "right" way instead of NDSU's way.

Earlier this year NDSU was admitted into the Mid Con for most of their sports and when the site visit was announced UND tried to diminish the visit by getting the Mid Con people up to Grand Forks. *They said hey come on up and visit us if you like NDSU you will like us even better. *

UND fans all seem to think NDSU fans are overreacting to the comments made about NDSU by UND officials but how can that be when the comments are still coming. *Even after NDSU was having success Kupchella said there is really no difference between division I and division II and that was just last year. *We aren't holding a grudge for comments from 5 years ago we are pissed about comments that still come with no sign of stopping anytime soon. >:( >:( >:( :o ::)

Hammersmith
02-24-2007, 03:57 AM
UND fans all seem to think NDSU fans are overreacting to the comments made about NDSU by UND officials but how can that be when the comments are still coming. Even after NDSU was having success Kupchella said there is really no difference between division I and division II and that was just last year. We aren't holding a grudge for comments from 5 years ago we are pissed about comments that still come with no sign of stopping anytime soon. >:( >:( >:( :o ::)
I might be setting myself up for a big disappointment, but I'm hoping the worst from UND will stop when Kupchela leaves later this year. Another poster used the term "Gang of Four" earlier to describe CK, RT, Glas and Roebuck. I like that phrase, and I'm hoping the removal of all but Roebuck will be enough to break the cycle of hate? arrogance? that seems to have characterized UND for the past four or so years. It's really brought out the worst in both camps.

On a side note, I've been thinking about Kupchela and his legacy; I think we might owe him a debt of gratitude. He managed to unify NDSU in a way almost no one else could. Think of it: In only a few short years, he was able to draw the anger of just about every subgroup within the NDSU community. The UND Fargo Center raised the ire of NDSU's administration, the attempted hijacking of the distance pharmacy program honked off the entire College of Pharmacy, CK's attempts to block new graduate degrees angered every faculty member and student within the affected departments, the fight for state monies and the funding formula mess hit all NDSU faculty and staff in their pocketbooks, the comments from his coaches rallied the players while the scheduling fiasco soured the rest of the athletic department, and the "Gang of Four's" comments to the press took care of the NDSU fan base and alumni. All of that directed anger and frustration made Chapman's job that much easier.

Maybe we should name something after him. Ideas anyone? ;) ;) :-X

DIBISON
02-24-2007, 03:59 AM
The annual rivarly will reconvene during the 2009-2010 season for all sports...mark it down

This is an all-or-none deal, and won't happen until UND is a DI counter. *Media folk and fans will try to sway this fact, but it is a waste of time. *Hopefully there will be an official announcement regarding this issue soon, because it is getting old hearing all the speculation.

Thank you, thank you. That is the way it should be and I hope people start to recognize and accept that. Now if Gene can only get a couple more FCS/FBS teams scheduled. ;)

SDbison
02-24-2007, 04:13 AM
UND fans all seem to think NDSU fans are overreacting to the comments made about NDSU by UND officials but how can that be when the comments are still coming. *Even after NDSU was having success Kupchella said there is really no difference between division I and division II and that was just last year. *We aren't holding a grudge for comments from 5 years ago we are pissed about comments that still come with no sign of stopping anytime soon. >:( >:( >:( :o ::)
I might be setting myself up for a big disappointment, but I'm hoping the worst from UND will stop when Kupchela leaves later this year. Another poster used the term "Gang of Four" earlier to describe CK, RT, Glas and Roebuck. I like that phrase, and I'm hoping the removal of all but Roebuck will be enough to break the cycle of hate? arrogance? that seems to have characterized UND for the past four or so years. It's really brought out the worst in both camps.

On a side note, I've been thinking about Kupchela and his legacy; I think we might owe him a debt of gratitude. He managed to unify NDSU in a way almost no one else could. Think of it: In only a few short years, he was able to draw the anger of just about every subgroup within the NDSU community. The UND Fargo Center raised the ire of NDSU's administration, the attempted hijacking of the distance pharmacy program honked off the entire College of Pharmacy, CK's attempts to block new graduate degrees angered every faculty member and student within the affected departments, the fight for state monies and the funding formula mess hit all NDSU faculty and staff in their pocketbooks, the comments from his coaches rallied the players while the scheduling fiasco soured the rest of the athletic department, and the "Gang of Four's" comments to the press took care of the NDSU fan base and alumni. All of that directed anger and frustration made Chapman's job that much easier.

Maybe we should name something after him. Ideas anyone? *;) ;) :-X
Nice summary Hammer! I appoint Kupy king of crap island. Heil Kupy, you master of crap!

Tatanka
02-24-2007, 04:20 AM
I made something just a couple of minutes ago that I would be happy to name after him. I'll flush again so it makes it to el Forko Grande for his inspection and approval.

fightinbison
02-24-2007, 05:12 AM
1st of all apologize for what?....UND did what was in the best interest of their programs Football 1st...
Playing NDSU hindered their chances for playoff contention....the way the rules were written at that time.

As far as Basketball,and other Sports the playing fields were not equal: example BBall (13 schols to 10)
and there was a emphasis to play all D2 schools if you were D2 program so they did.

Now the tables are turned it does not benefit NDSU to play UND until they are a quailifier. So lets just wait, Mr. Taylor has said this rivalry will someday return and it will, but not until both Schools can benefit from playing each other.

It is so sad to read uniformed posts, that blame individual leaders for this situation, they will do what is in the best interest of each School plain and simple.

In the future there will be plenty of Sioux vs Bison matchups, when both are equal opponents that playing will be a benefit to each shool no matter which conference either of them land in.

Bison_Dan
02-24-2007, 11:35 AM
1st of all apologize for what?....UND did what was in the best interest of their programs Football 1st...
Playing NDSU hindered their chances for playoff contention....the way the rules were written at that time.

As far as Basketball,and other Sports the playing fields were not equal: example BBall (13 schols to 10)
and there was a emphasis to play all D2 schools if you were D2 program so they did.

Now the tables are turned it does not benefit NDSU to play UND until they are a quailifier. So lets just wait, Mr. Taylor has said this rivalry will someday return and it will, but not until both Schools can benefit from playing each other.

It is so sad to read uniformed posts, that blame individual leaders for this situation, they will do what is in the best interest of each School plain and simple.

In the future there will be plenty of Sioux vs Bison matchups, when both are equal opponents that playing will be a benefit to each shool no matter which conference either of them land in.

Talk about someone who has no idea what's he talking about!

semobison
02-24-2007, 12:01 PM
HEREE WE GO AGAIN! blah blah, blah blah...blah blah blah blah.....and in 03 Kup said, then RT said, then in 04 Kup said blah blah blah blah... and he must PAY...then in 04 RT said blah blahblah...blah...blah...and someone better apoligize...dont you people get tired of rehashing OLD sh$t!!!! Got anything new on the agenda. We havnt played this school in a long time!!!!

Coach_W
02-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm tired of all of you!!!!!! McFeely was right to shut down his comment section because all this is hate. There hasn't been any new or sensical remarks made on any of these boards in a long time. See you all in 2009, that's plenty early to play each other.

02Bison
02-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm tired of all of you!!!!!! *McFeely was right to shut down his comment section because all this is hate. *There hasn't been any new or sensical remarks made on any of these boards in a long time. *See you all in 2009, that's plenty early to play each other.

++++++++++++++++++

Many of you need to look in your own mirrors. You have no one to blame but yourselves. *Its time to let go of the past and all the hatred toward someplace that goes with that. Its doing no good now...unless you consider "dumbing down Bisonville" and not having the option to post comments in Bison Zone good. *I want Bisonville to be a positive place that Bison fans and fans of oponents can come to to have fun talk and civil debate. *Right now, that's not the case because some bad apples can't "keep their trash to themselves". * :-[

SDbison
02-24-2007, 03:53 PM
02Bison, do you ever say anything on this board that includes any commentary about Bison teams, other teams, coaches, players, schedules, facilities, etc.? *All the folks at Bisonville ever hear from you is your high and mighty preaching. *If you want to censor message board commentary go start your own board and be the deputy / moderator.
BTW, as long as posts are for the most part clean and there are some valid points and facts discussed that is what a message board is about. *I for one want to hear what is on the minds of other Bison fans. *This topic is *currently justified due to the public discussion by Taylor and Bunning.
There is nothing wrong with what is being posted here. CoachW and semobison should also take a chill pill. No one is forcing you to read or post comments. * * *

ndsubison
02-24-2007, 04:08 PM

This is an all-or-none deal, and won't happen until UND is a DI counter. *Media folk and fans will try to sway this fact, but it is a waste of time. *Hopefully there will be an official announcement regarding this issue soon, because it is getting old hearing all the speculation.

Totally agree. Just realize that all this speculation is only going to get worse. I can already sense an all-out media assault on NDSU for being "chicken" or "spiteful" or "arrogant" for not playing the Flickertails. Fans/admin/boosters/coaches/etc etc of the school that cannot be named will be using every opportunity to discredit NDSU's reasoning for not playing this game until at least 2009. They will be parlaying to the casual fan/observer that it is NDSU's fault alone for not playing. Those who have been part of a DI transition process-----those who know the truth and those who know more than the casual observer-----know to stand firm and have full confidence in why this game should not be played until at least 2009. Even Buning referenced that. Because he, being acutely familiar with how college athletics works, knows why and agrees with it. Even if I were not an NDSU fan, knowing what I now know, I would have to accept that FOR RIGHT NOW NDSU's reasons for not playing the Flickertails hold more weight than any claims that the other school can make. It makes complete sense and is smart business for NDSU right now not to play this game. Anybody with any football knowledge or transition knowledge should freely be able to admit that, all emotions aside. Get into the Gateway. Get the 8 games scheduled each year, and find room for und on the schedule for home & homes starting in 2009. Does that sound so difficult (assuming we get in to the GFC)? If that's not good enough for und then nothing ever will and by that measure forget 'em.

GOOOOOOOO BISON!!!

THEsocalledfan
02-24-2007, 06:21 PM

For those who don't know, Greenie is usually right about these issues. Just wanted to give the tip that all of us should be listening to him......

semobison
02-24-2007, 07:23 PM
SDBison, I am a Bison fan, and I am sick of the UND hate, have been for a while! You are for letting people express their opinions? Only IF you agree with them! Lord knows we dont want our fans thinking small! ;)

SDbison
02-24-2007, 07:32 PM
SDBison, I am a Bison fan, and I am sick of the UND hate, have been for a while! You are for letting people express their opinions? Only IF you agree with them! Lord knows we dont want our fans thinking small! ;)
I have no problem with opinions if they are about the topic posted. You, Coach W and 02Bison think you can tell people to just drop the UND thing. If you don't have an opinion let the others post as they want. Go to another part of this board if it bothers you. What a bunch of control freaks.

semobison
02-24-2007, 08:09 PM
But SD, I do have an opinion, and it was expressed, nowhere did I say you cant have an opinion. By telling me to go to another part of this board, who is the control freak? The Pots calling the kettle black buddy. YOU are constantly badmouthing anyone who doesnt agree with YOU. Look in the mirror before you ever bring up my name in a post. I think all the UND bashing is childish, and makes our fans look stupid. Thats MY opinion..... ;)

WYOBISONMAN
02-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't really care if he served in the military, he is now an employee of UND. *You UND fans all think that the UND coaches, administration, president and media can attack NDSU for 5 years relentlessly and then decide hey we want to play you in football and womens basketball give us a contract. *It isn't like the attacks lasted one day, one week or two weeks, they have been continual since NDSU made the move and now NDSU fans and administrators have been carrying a grudge too long? *The only thing that has changed is now UND is making the move to division I and they are doing it the "right" way instead of NDSU's way.

I don't think that Mr. Bunning has attacked NDSU. *I actually think most of his comments about us have been rather positive. *RT was the NDSU basher.......

SDbison
02-24-2007, 09:40 PM
But SD, I do have an opinion, and it was expressed, nowhere did I say you cant have an opinion. By telling me to go to another part of this board, who is the control freak? The Pots calling the kettle black buddy. YOU are constantly badmouthing anyone who doesnt agree with YOU. Look in the mirror before you ever bring up my name in a post. I think all the UND bashing is childish, and makes our fans look stupid. Thats MY opinion..... ;)
You have no real opinion because all you want to do is criticize others who have an opinion. I don't like UND and I don't like what they did to NDSU during the transition. If you like having UND for competition then state the reasons why and quit the attack on those who don't like UND. I will continue to callout you and 02bison whenever you want to choke off discussion. That is the job of the Tony and the other moderators.

NDSUFREAK10
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Is it just me or is it when we bash und it seems like we are always at fault even if a und fan starts it up? or something like that.

Mr._Burgundy
02-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I totally agree with NDSUFREAK. No matter what we do, we end up trying to explain ourselves. We are doing way better than people expected in our transition, and now UND2 wants to step up five years too late. Sorry if we are arrogant in our stance. You didn't need us, we don't need you. Don't try to make us look bad for not wanting to play a D2 team....at least not a priority. Sidenote, I was PISSED listening to Eddy spin this against the Bison. Dude, you work in Fargo....there is one D1 university in ND and we are it!!! Listening to Eddy and Tank talk up UND made me sick. Like I said before, why does the major market....Fargo....even talk about the D2 team? It doesn't matter anymore. Fargo is D1, Grand Forks is wannabe Fargo. They know it, we know it. I am getting ready to go watch D1 basketball against a rival. Nobody even knows or cares if UND plays tonight. If UND women win it all....it won't matter anymore. D2 was once a great deal, now it is a watered down product. Everyone knows it. Comparing the two schools today is just funny. This entire topic makes me grumpy. They chose to not go D1, now their decision looks like a mess. Not our fault, please do not pass the blame. We fill the dome regardless. If Eddy says..."Do it for the state," one more time, I will puke. I feel better. Thanks.

semobison
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
I dont care if we play them or not, what bothers me is any thread on the subject ends up being worse then smack! I will never bad mouth any school or opponent. Over on AGS fans are expressing the same view as I on the GWFC thread. I stated my opinion and I will stick to it. Bashing and rebashing UND is childish and makes Bison fans look stupid. Sometimes I think some people on this board could use some counseling to rid themselves of their resentment twords UND. As Bison fans, lets be classy, take the high road, and if you cant to that, get help! ;D

semobison
02-24-2007, 10:48 PM
I have stated before that I think we should get the best possible opponent possible for our home opener. If that ends up being the Suzies, so be it. If we end up playing CSP and we could of gotten UND, I think that would be a mistake. If we can get an FCS opponent that would be great. Hey Burgendy, Stay classy Bison Fans!

ccrider
02-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Who cares..........

NDSU1980
02-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Is it just me or is it when we bash und it seems like we are always at fault even if a und fan starts it up? or something like that.

Bingo! We have a winner. I am so sick of these UND people always trying to pin the blame on NDSU for everything. That is one of the main reasons I want to go the Gateway and only have to play them when we meet them in a playoff game ( of course, UND won't be playoff eligible for years). Let them sit in their own little dream world.

kchats
02-25-2007, 02:17 AM
Yeah it has always been NDSU's fault. NDSU destroyed the rivalry by moving on to division I when UND knew it would be a horrible move for NDSU and SDSU. NDSU was also wrong when they had the audacity to offer a contract to continue playing them for 4 years with home and homes. NDSU was also wrong when they helped start these conferences and scheduling alliances. The biggest mistake NDSU made was joining the Mid Con with NDSU when UND knew they could both get into a better conference together after UND moves up to division I. Now NDSU is wrong because they are successful in division I and will be joining the Gateway Football Conference, where if they would only wait for UND things would be much better for the State of North Dakota and NDSU and UND. NDSU is wrong for wanting to distance themselves from an opponent by athletically and academically that has done everything in their power to undermine and discredit NDSU.

No I think NDSU has done this whole move the right way from the beginning.

SDbison
02-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Yeah it has always been NDSU's fault. *NDSU destroyed the rivalry by moving on to division I when UND knew it would be a horrible move for NDSU and SDSU. *NDSU was also wrong when they had the audacity to offer a contract to continue playing them for 4 years with home and homes. *NDSU was also wrong when they helped start these conferences and scheduling alliances. *The biggest mistake NDSU made was joining the Mid Con with NDSU when UND knew they could both get into a better conference together after UND moves up to division I. *Now NDSU is wrong because they are successful in division I and will be joining the Gateway Football Conference, where if they would only wait for UND things would be much better for the State of North Dakota and NDSU and UND. *NDSU is wrong for wanting to distance themselves from an opponent by athletically and academically that has done everything in their power to undermine and discredit NDSU.

KC, Thanks for telling it like it was and still is!

sambini
02-25-2007, 03:51 AM
Yeah it has always been NDSU's fault. *NDSU destroyed the rivalry by moving on to division I when UND knew it would be a horrible move for NDSU and SDSU. *NDSU was also wrong when they had the audacity to offer a contract to continue playing them for 4 years with home and homes. *NDSU was also wrong when they helped start these conferences and scheduling alliances. *The biggest mistake NDSU made was joining the Mid Con with NDSU when UND knew they could both get into a better conference together after UND moves up to division I. *Now NDSU is wrong because they are successful in division I and will be joining the Gateway Football Conference, where if they would only wait for UND things would be much better for the State of North Dakota and NDSU and UND. *NDSU is wrong for wanting to distance themselves from an opponent by athletically and academically that has done everything in their power to undermine and discredit NDSU.

No I think NDSU has done this whole move the right way from the beginning.KC I GIVE YOU A++++++++++++++++++

TheDoctor
02-25-2007, 04:13 AM
I have stated before that I think we should get the best possible opponent possible for our home opener. If that ends up being the Suzies, so be it. If we end up playing CSP and we could of gotten UND, I think that would be a mistake. If we can get an FCS opponent that would be great. Hey Burgendy, Stay classy Bison Fans!

I will never bad mouth any school or opponent was his statement in the post directly above this *::) post here. *Is calling UND Suzies NOT making fun of them? *It's one thing to be high on the horse as a moral guy and slip up once in a while, BUT the post IMMEDIATELY following the post where you proclaimed to bad mouth no other school let alone UND? * ;D *;D * ;D *;D * ;D * ;D *

TheDoctor
02-25-2007, 04:17 AM

WOW! :o Can I get a whitness from the congregation????????????????? AHMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

DIBISON
02-25-2007, 04:37 AM
No doubt the issue at hand is the great strides that NDSU has made as an institution and as an athletic program during the DI transition. NDSU has separated itself from it's in-state rival and some people just can't accept that. Those same people just don't understand that it makes no sense for NDSU to schedule their in-state rival at this time. Does any business that is looked up to and considered the best provide their competitors an opportunity to catch up? That is why the leaders of NDSU fell that the Gateway membership is important to the institution. Gateway membership would provide further separation between the other in-state institution for years. As a Bison I want to see the gap continue to get bigger. ;D ;D

For those that preach about respect please consider that this is a Bison board. The discussions, comments and opinions about other programs that are from Bison supporters should be considered within the context that this is Bisonville. Those of you that can't accept that please refrain from posting. If you have nothing of substance to offer please stay away. After all, those of us posting on this board should want what is best for the Bison, and if you dont, PLEASE RESPECT OUR OPINIONS!!

Mr. Burgundy, KC_Hats, SDbison, NDSUFREAK and others reflect what Bisonville is all about.

NDSUFREAK10
02-25-2007, 04:45 AM
No doubt the issue at hand is the great strides that NDSU has made as an institution and as an athletic program during the DI transition. *NDSU has separated itself from it's in-state rival and some people just can't accept that. *Those same people just don't understand that it makes no sense for NDSU to schedule their in-state rival at this time. *Does any business that is looked up to and considered the best provide their competitors an opportunity to catch up? *That is why the leaders of NDSU fell that the Gateway membership is important to the institution. *Gateway membership would provide further separation between the other in-state institution for years. *As a Bison I want to see the gap continue to get bigger. * ;D *;D

For those that preach about respect please consider that this is a Bison board. *The discussions, comments and opinions about other programs that are from Bison supporters should be considered within the context that this is Bisonville. *Those of you that can't accept that please refrain from posting. *If you have nothing of substance to offer please stay away. *After all, those of us posting on this board should want what is best for the Bison, and if you dont, PLEASE RESPECT OUR OPINIONS!! *

Mr. Burgundy, KC_Hats, SDbison, NDSUFREAK and others reflect what Bisonville is all about. *

See, guests. I was one of you once and now I am a recognized name in the Bisonville community. ;D ;D oy vey! But seriously folks we're having fun here. It seems we're going through a little bump in the road with the family here. I'm sure it will pass in a couple hours. ;) :D

Tatanka
02-25-2007, 04:04 PM

WOW! *:o Can I get a whitness from the congregation????????????????? AHMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *:P
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t205/Tatanka_bucket/seenthelight.jpg
YOU have seen the light!!!

NDSUFREAK10
02-25-2007, 05:01 PM

WOW! *:o Can I get a whitness from the congregation????????????????? AHMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *:P
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t205/Tatanka_bucket/seenthelight.jpg
YOU have seen the light!!!

HEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D