PDA

View Full Version : Coach Babich Super Bowl Bound

sambini
01-22-2007, 02:46 AM
I think its great a former Bison coach is going to the SUPER BOWL. Congrats to Bob Babich joining Coach Erhardt as former Bison coaches in the SUPER BOWL.

ccrider
01-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Good for Babich. He deserves the success. I was also impressed by his standing close to Lovie whenever possible to get some face time on FOX !!

Bison06
01-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Yeah I'm sure that's why he would be so close to the head coach, OR maybe he wanted to have a conversation about the team during the biggest game of his career.

I hope you were joking

go_bison
01-22-2007, 09:21 PM
What are the chances of him getting a head coaching position in the NFL? I could see him getting a head Def coordinator position. I know Ron Rivera's name has been mentioned with several of the head coaching openings.

ccrider
01-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah I'm sure that's why he would be so close to the head coach, OR maybe he wanted to have a conversation about the team during the biggest game of his career.

I hope you were joking

Yes, I was joking....I have to assume you were joking, as well...I hadn't heard the headsets were malfunctioning and Babich just had to whisper to Lovie to ask what he should do about Urlacher......THIS TOO, IS JUST A JOKE!

BisonMav
01-23-2007, 01:38 AM
Congrats Bob!!!

Snoop-a-Loop
01-23-2007, 01:48 AM
What are the chances of him getting a head coaching position in the NFL? *I could see him getting a head Def coordinator position. *I know Ron Rivera's name has been mentioned with several of the head coaching openings. *

I didn't know their was a difference between head defensive coordinator and just a defensive coordinator?? *

As evidenced at NDSU, Bob is not a head coach. I think he is better suited to be an assistant.

RedRiver
01-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Article in today's Star Tribune about the Vikings defensive coordinator opening and the possibility of Bab Babich, former NDSU head coach, being considered for the position.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/968021.html

Bisonguy
01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Interesting quote from Babich on the Saturday sports show on WDAY-AM with the Kolpack brothers filling in for McFeely. Sounded like Babich was already offered the Buffalo DC spot but he declined after Chicago gave him a bump in pay.

met1990
01-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I was listening to that show on Saturday as well, and what I got out of it was this: the Bills asked Chicago if they could talk with Babich about the d-coordinator position. The Bears offered Babich more money and he stayed put. I'm not even sure if he talked with Buffalo. That's how I heard it.

RedRiver
01-30-2007, 09:51 PM
The Bears DB coach was hired as the Buffalo DC last year so maybe Babich was indeed offered that position.

DIBISON
01-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Article in today's Star Tribune about the Vikings defensive coordinator opening and the possibility of Bab Babich, former NDSU head coach, being considered for the position.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/968021.html

Good picture of him in the Star Tribune article.

kchats
01-31-2007, 02:52 AM
What ever happened to the Bears defensive coordinator from before Lovie Smith? Wasn't in Greg Blanc or something like that? He was a hot candidate back then but now you never hear about him.

IL_Bison
01-31-2007, 09:22 AM
What ever happened to the Bears defensive coordinator from before Lovie Smith? *Wasn't in Greg Blanc or something like that? *He was a hot candidate back then but now you never hear about him.

Greg Blache was his name...I think he went to the Redskins for while, but I haven't heard anything about him in a couple years.

RedRiver
01-31-2007, 02:12 PM
What ever happened to the Bears defensive coordinator from before Lovie Smith? *Wasn't in Greg Blanc or something like that? *He was a hot candidate back then but now you never hear about him.

Greg Blache was his name...I think he went to the Redskins for while, but I haven't heard anything about him in a couple years.

Defensive line coach with the Redskins.

kchats
02-01-2007, 01:38 AM
He was the hot defensive guy not too long ago. Why aren't the Vikings looking at him?

sambini
02-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Get those Backers going Bob. BEARS SHOCK THE WORLD+++

TheDoctor
02-01-2007, 02:43 AM
He was the hot defensive guy not too long ago. *Why aren't the Vikings looking at him?

They are looking at him ------ P & D were talking about it on 'The Fan" this morning. They said "NDSU rubes in Fargo, I know you don't like to hear this name, but the Vikes are looking at LB Bears coach Babich" Dube then says "Theres something sexy about stealing the secret to a rival team defesive genius's mind in Lovey Smith".

sambini
02-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I think he will stay in Chi-town. If Riveria gets the Cowboys job. BOB becomes d-cord.

stpaulbison
02-01-2007, 03:49 PM
A former Bison coach leaving for the NFL, getting a defensive coor. position and pulling down a nice salary would be hard beans to swallow if Bohl ever had a chance for the NFL.

TheDoctor
02-25-2007, 08:27 PM

I hope you were joking

Yes, I was joking....I have to assume you were joking, as well...I hadn't heard the headsets were malfunctioning and Babich just had to whisper to Lovie to ask what he should do about Urlacher......THIS TOO, IS JUST A JOKE!

Notorious - The next thing your gonna tell us is that you asked Babich for Super Bowl tickets! THIS TOO, IS JUST A JOKE!*right? ;) *;D

sambini
02-26-2007, 03:17 AM
Congrats to Bob on becoming D-COORDINATOR.

TheDoctor
02-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Congrats to Bob on becoming D-COORDINATOR.

+++++++++++++++++ ;)