PDA

View Full Version : Summit Games-Fox College Sports Question

BisonTeacher
02-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Looks like the summit tourney games will be on Fox College sports. A questions for those of you who have Fox College Sports on DirecTV (Ch 617, 623, 626)

Do you have to have the sports pack to get this? I thought you did. However a friend of ours said he has Fox College Sports and doesn't have the sports pack. He watched the Sioux Hockey game on 623 last Saturday night. My guess is he is wrong and has the sports pack and doesn't know it. (Sioux fans aren't that bright)

So I went on DirecTV.com and none of their programming packages list 617, 623, and 626. I called customer service Sunday morning....the Customer service person couldn't even find any info on the channels.

Just wondering if any Bisonvillers had any info to share.

silkamilkamonico
02-22-2012, 08:36 PM
I called customer service Sunday morning....the Customer service person couldn't even find any info on the channels.

That must have been helpful for you. I get that more times that not with those guys which is ridiculous.

I believe you do have to have the package for all those. I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure he watched the hockey game on the basic Fox Sports Channel based out of the midwest which has alot of sioux games.

Not positive but pretty sure.

BisonTeacher
02-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Speaking of DirecTV being helpful. ...Since the person on the phone had no clue she told me to email customer service. So I did. here is their response...

"I have reviewed our resources and found that channels 617, 623, and 626 are not part of our channel list. "

tjbison
02-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Yes, you will need the sports pack

onbison09
02-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Are these going to be on ESPN3? (Srsly :hide:)

TheBisonator
02-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Sports Pack is 13 bucks a month and gets you a majority of the 600-level sports channels, but not all of them. TV Contracts between DirecTV and different sports organizations apply.

The only Fox College Sports that you can see on DirecTV is live games. Any time that's not a live game is blacked out.

1998braves64
02-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Are these going to be on ESPN3? (Srsly :hide:)

Championship games show up on the schedule. Nothing showing yet for the rest of the games. Last year we used Summit TV not sure if they'll have that this year or not.

They are doing the online again for $9.99 for whole tournament (other than championship games). Or $3.99 for 24 hour deal. Go here (https://www.nmnathletics.com/subs/Landing.dbml?db_oem_id=3900&TRACK_CROSS_DOMAIN=&gclid&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=3900&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=).

Da_Bizon
02-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Since Fox College Sports is a channel that only broadcasts live events (no daily programming), a lot of times they don't put the channel that the games will be on until a couple days before. According to gobison.com, it says FCS Central, which is 617, but I'd check 623 and 626 as well. It is in the sports pack only, which, as stated earlier, is $12.99/ month, unless you have other premiums (i.e.: HBO, Cinemax, etc.)... then it's a little cheaper.

If anyone ever has any questions about this sort of thing, I do sell both Dish and Directv, so feel free to PM me.

Da_Bizon
03-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Just noticed on gobison.com that Fox Sports Detroit is going to pick up the Summit League tourney, as well. The Saturday game will be on Fox Sports Detroit Plus; semis on Fox Sports Detroit. It's not showing up the on the guide yet, but FSD+ is Directv channel 662, Dish channel 442. FS Detroit is Directv channel 663, Dish channel 430. Both channels are available on both services in the sports pack.

roadwarrior
03-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Cableone guide shows the games on channel 307

IndyBison
03-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Checked my guide this morning and Uverse has all the Summit games listed (men and women) on Fox Sports Central. No HD option though. I forget the channel off the top of my head but it's in the upper 600s.

bisonsupporter
03-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Looks like I will have to go to a bar and convince them to change the channel. Any suggestions?

EndZoneQB
03-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Looks like I will have to go to a bar and convince them to change the channel. Any suggestions?

Just go to any bar and ask to watch a certain channel. They'll gladly change it for you. Moorhead Bdubs has enough TV's for everyone...or you can go with the classic Gastropub option. I'm sure they will have the games on :)

Da_Bizon
03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Checked my guide this morning and Uverse has all the Summit games listed (men and women) on Fox Sports Central. No HD option though. I forget the channel off the top of my head but it's in the upper 600s.

When I was looking at the Fox Sports Detroit Plus website, it did mention that there would be no HD versions available through them, so I'm guessing that it isn't broadcast in HD until the championship games on ESPN2 and ESPNU (shocking).

IndyBison
03-01-2012, 08:26 PM
When I was looking at the Fox Sports Detroit Plus website, it did mention that there would be no HD versions available through them, so I'm guessing that it isn't broadcast in HD until the championship games on ESPN2 and ESPNU (shocking).
There may be an HD option. We just don't have Fox College Sports in HD.

Da_Bizon
03-02-2012, 01:39 PM
There may be an HD option. We just don't have Fox College Sports in HD.

Fox Sports Detroit is in HD and their website says they're only broadcasting in SD.

Also, I found a TV schedule on the Foxsports website, and for Directv subscribers who are wondering which FCS channel things will be on, it will be 617 (FCS Central).

DIBISON
03-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Just ordered the DIRECTV Sports Pack today for 12.99 a month and watched both the ORU & SDSU games on Fox College Sports. Now get to watch both the Bison women and men on Sunday at home in Fargo.

BisonTeacher
03-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Just ordered the DIRECTV Sports Pack today for 12.99 a month and watched both the ORU & SDSU games on Fox College Sports. Now get to watch both the Bison women and men on Sunday at home in Fargo.

I ponied up the money too. A little cheaper for me cuz I have HBO. Im only gonna keep it for a month, so lets hope we get at leat two games out of it!!!

Twentysix
03-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Im watching it on summittv and it has been good broadcast qaulity.

Sometimes their broadcast locks up though which is frustrating. For awhile I thought it was my PC locking up, then i got the graphs out and saw i was running under 5% processor usage and 2% ram.

Sturgisj
03-04-2012, 06:04 PM
went to sign into the Summit TV site and it wouldn't let me in although I purchased the All Tourney pass. worked yesterday. looked in packages and nothing there. wrote an email and they are refunding my $9.99. bought the one day pass today. tommorrow who knows.

Mr. Burgundy
03-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Channel 622 on Midco. Great coverage. We are going to play great tonight. March. Anything can happen. Gotta play hard early.

sambini
03-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Cableone guide shows the games on channel 307 Thats where were watchn it on.. 307 Juno Pintar doin the color

Comfortably Numb Bison
03-04-2012, 11:04 PM
didnt want to read entire thread, but game is on 617 directv.

1998braves64
03-04-2012, 11:07 PM
went to sign into the Summit TV site and it wouldn't let me in although I purchased the All Tourney pass. worked yesterday. looked in packages and nothing there. wrote an email and they are refunding my $9.99. bought the one day pass today. tommorrow who knows.

I emailed just after the women's game as I was busy at noon and said that it wasn't working and they emailed back by 3:30ish?? and said it was reactivated. Working for me now I'd bought the 9.99 deal too.