PDA

View Full Version : Temple to Big East???

NDSUguy
02-22-2012, 07:22 PM
http://t.co/pazkHZ4J

If this comes to fruition this will have a MAJOR impact on the FCS landscape. The MAC will be looking to replace and will most likely look to the FCS or other lowly conferences. Either way it is bound to start the domino effect on the lower end of the NCAA athletic spectrum..

Could Youngstown make a push for FBS and then look to leave the Horizon league to get all of their sports in one conference?

NDSUstudent
02-22-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't think the MAC wants YSU...If anything they'd raid another team from the CAA. That said the MAC has so many schools it isn't like they have to add a team.

NDSUguy
02-22-2012, 07:38 PM
True. The MAC doesn't have to add any teams however they should be interested in maininting a consistent base. Given how many schools are changing conferences it could soon be the MAC that is raided by some other middle of the pack conference.

It's best to grab the schools that fit the mold of the conference instead of shrinking.

zooropa
02-22-2012, 09:40 PM
What is this?

The Big East wants to out do the C-USA in membership idiocy? I mean, good grief what kind of utter nonsense is this?

I mean the BE kicked Temple out what? 5 years ago? because they weren't satisfied with the school's FB program, now all the sudden they want them?

What kind of operation is this Big East outfit anyway? They're adding Temple because they've got a one year gap in their football schedule? This is just nuts.