PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Timmy Miles and Colorado State

HoopsBison
02-22-2012, 04:09 AM
Coach Miles got a huge win tonight against #18 New Mexico and this win likely punched their ticket to the big dance.

Sitting at 17-9.

Congrats and keep it up to Coach Miles and his rams!

ndsubison1
02-22-2012, 09:38 AM
big win for them! i wouldnt say it punched their ticket but def helps their cause

EndZoneQB
02-22-2012, 12:47 PM
big win for them! i wouldnt say it punched their ticket but def helps their cause

Add in their win over #12 SDSU, and they look pretty solid...

unbison
02-22-2012, 02:19 PM
they play at SDSU at air force and have unlv at home............ im thinking they need to win a couple in their conference tourney to make the dance
need 3 wins to make the dance IMO

Bison"FANatic"
02-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Should be sitting pretty well with a RPI of 29 and that was before the win over New Mexico.

ndsubison1
02-28-2012, 08:07 AM
right now lunardi has CSU as part of the first four out

SamsRams
02-28-2012, 10:32 AM
they wont be if they can beat UNLV this Leap Day in Fort Collins

silkamilkamonico
02-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Kind of crazy to think they are on the bubble. They have had some really bad losses for being considered for an at-large, but they have also had some very nice wins. Strength there is definetely in a solid conference.

Really hope they get in. I would love him to get that program more exposure so he can pull in some better recruits.

NDSUstudent
02-28-2012, 05:00 PM
UNLV is a must win for Timmy's squad, a loss and they need to do some serious damage in the MWC tournament. That said it is says a lot about Tim that he has CSU where they are.

SlickVic
02-28-2012, 08:02 PM
UNLV is a must win for Timmy's squad, a loss and they need to do some serious damage in the MWC tournament. That said it is says a lot about Tim that he has CSU where they are.

whens unlv that team can hoop hope its in HD

GRAFTONBISON
03-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Boy do I miss Coach Miles.

Congrats to him and his team!!!!

NDSUstudent
03-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Timmy's Rams just beat #17 UNLV 53-49! They are storming the court at Moby Arena.

EndZoneQB
03-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Timmy's Rams just beat #17 UNLV 53-49! They are storming the court at Moby Arena.

3 wins against ranked opponents this year...safe to say they are going dancing!

ndsubison1
03-01-2012, 04:48 AM
3 wins against ranked opponents this year...safe to say they are going dancing!

cincy and usf tonight helped their causes too. csu needs to win their first one in the mwc tourney to be safe

NDSUstudent
03-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Yeah, I think they are in if they win their next two games(@ Air Force and Rd 1 of MWC tourney).

KSBisonFan
03-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Before CSU's win over UNLV, Lunardi had CSU as one of the 1st 4 OUT. This should definitely help their tourney chances.

silkamilkamonico
03-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I do think they need to get to 20 wins. They have had some very bad losses for consideration of an at large team, but some very good wins.

Does the Mountain West Conference really get half of their teams in?

bri-dog
03-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Lunardi now has CSU as one of the last 4 in.

silkamilkamonico
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
It changes daily. They lose to Air Force on Sat they ware right back out. I still think they need to get to 20 wins.

This is all assuming there are not many bubbles bursting in the conference tournaments.

DePereBisonFan
03-01-2012, 04:47 PM
ESPN has a really good recap of the CSU-UNLV game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=320600036

Some good insight on Coach Miles' halftime talk, and his communication with Dorian Green.

I hope to be cheering them on the tournament. Go Rams!

KSBisonFan
03-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Update from ESPN on CSU's chances.....still a definite bubble team. Murray State needs to win their championship game to help CSU's chances.

Work left to do: Colorado State

Another edition of the Watch, another solitary bubble trek for the Colorado State Rams, for whom the key question now is: Can they get a win on the road?

Colorado State [18-10 (7-6), RPI: 22, SOS: 3] The Rams got the right games at the right time: In the past nine days, CSU has dropped both New Mexico and UNLV in its own building, adding two key top-end wins to a profile that has always boasted inexplicably strong RPI numbers and elite SOS figures. Those wins were exactly what this profile needed for real-world (read: non-RPI) viability, but there is still work to be done. Why? Because Colorado State has done all of its damage in its own building this season. The Rams are unbeaten at home in Mountain West play. They're also winless on the road. Not only is that a bugaboo for the committee -- a 4-9 road-neutral mark is pretty ugly stuff -- it makes Saturday's game at Air Force much more difficult than it looks on paper. The Falcons have played well in their own building in recent weeks, knocking off San Diego State on Feb. 18, and they'll be celebrating what should be an emotionally charged (aren't they all?) senior night in the regular season's final game. CSU will have to overcome those atmospherics, and their own road issues, to avoid nullifying those big wins, not to mention a drop from the right side of the bubble just before MWC tourney play commences. Huge game for Tim Miles' program.

NDSUstudent
03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Another win for CSU...75-65 over Air Force.

Mr. Burgundy
03-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Another win for CSU...75-65 over Air Force.

I feel like i just played in that game. Stressed out pounding the refresh.
Great win. First road win in conference. Nobody wins on the road. 19 wins, 3 bigtime home wins over rated teams that are all locks. Only the one bad loss (Boise State). They are so close. Win in the conference tourney and they are a lock. Thankfully Murray State won late to keep the bid they already had, that would have been a killer.

Recent Denver post article stated the scount team at CSU is beating the starters. 4 star transfer from Arizona with 3 years left, Colton Iverson from the Gophers has to be the biggest kid in the conference next year, and his two recruits are both 3 stars that are coming in. He won't be at CSU long. I would guess unless he gets the job he wants this year, he stays and does even better next year, by that time, he will be in a high major conference or Wichita State.

KSBisonFan
03-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Thankfully Murray State won late to keep the bid they already had, that would have been a killer.

The Murray State win was much closer than expected. Today, CSU will be rooting for Creighton to win the Valley tourney. If Illinois State upsets Creighton, they'd steal one of the at-large births CSU is playing for. Go Creighton!

Yahoo has CSU as a #12 seed and ORU as a #13.

No. 12s
45. Drexel46. Xavier47. Mississippi State48. Colorado State49. USF50. NorthwesternBuzz: Drexel won the CAA regular-season title and has advanced to the league tourney semifinals. Mississippi State has won two in a row after a five-game losing streak. Northwestern still is seeking its first-ever NCAA bid.
No. 13s
51. VCU52. Iona*53. Long Beach State*54. Oral Roberts*Buzz: Long Beach State already has clinched the Big West regular-season title. Oral Roberts and Iona have advanced to the semifinals of their respective league tournaments.

Bison bison
03-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I feel like i just played in that game. Stressed out pounding the refresh.

Never heard that one before.

DePereBisonFan
03-05-2012, 02:14 AM
The Murray State win was much closer than expected. Today, CSU will be rooting for Creighton to win the Valley tourney. If Illinois State upsets Creighton, they'd steal one of the at-large births CSU is playing for. Go Creighton!

Yahoo has CSU as a #12 seed and ORU as a #13.

No. 12s
45. Drexel46. Xavier47. Mississippi State48. Colorado State49. USF50. NorthwesternBuzz: Drexel won the CAA regular-season title and has advanced to the league tourney semifinals. Mississippi State has won two in a row after a five-game losing streak. Northwestern still is seeking its first-ever NCAA bid.
No. 13s
51. VCU52. Iona*53. Long Beach State*54. Oral Roberts*Buzz: Long Beach State already has clinched the Big West regular-season title. Oral Roberts and Iona have advanced to the semifinals of their respective league tournaments.

Remember when we beat them? sigh...:facepalm2:

onbison09
03-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Remember when we beat them? sigh...:facepalm2:

South Florida

Wally
03-08-2012, 09:51 PM
CSU up 8-0 early vs TCU.....game is on the MTN and CBS College Sports

Wally
03-08-2012, 11:00 PM
CSU up 53-38 with about 13 min left......CBS College Sports still broadcasting the Tulsa vs Marshall 3 hour, now going to 3rd OT game, so haven't been able to see any of the game

ndsubison1
03-08-2012, 11:12 PM
CSU up 53-38 with about 13 min left......CBS College Sports still broadcasting the Tulsa vs Marshall 3 hour, now going to 3rd OT game, so haven't been able to see any of the game

this is a huge win for them if they pull it out. they are still on the bubble. a win over sdsu would solidify it, but i dont think a loss would hurt them. i think theyre in with a win over tcu

NDSUstudent
03-08-2012, 11:35 PM
81-60 FINAL

CSU crushes TCU, with Northwestern going down to the Gophers.....Timmy's Rams are now a lock.

Wally
03-08-2012, 11:35 PM
81-60 CSU wins....San Diego St @ 8 central tomorrow.....televised on CBS Sports Network again

KSBisonFan
03-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Gophers just kicked Northwestern's chances squarely in the nuts.

SamsRams
03-09-2012, 12:04 AM
81-60 CSU wins....San Diego St @ 8 central tomorrow.....televised on CBS Sports Network again

they got a real good chance of winning this game as SDSU might rest their players for the real tournament

just missed CSU practice yesterday at the Mendenhall Center. As I was waiting for UNLV practice to end so we could get interviews I had a chance to talk with Chris Dempsey (http://twitter.com/#!/dempseypost) the beat writer for CSU for the Denver Post. Spent the first ten minutes talking about the upcoming football game with NDSU. Gave him some story ideas and even got a bet in with him on the game. interested to hear that he thinks CSU fans would trade a 20 point loss to NDSU if it means they beat Colorado the previous week. then we got to talk Tim Miles for awhile and he said he is by far the easiest coach to deal with when it comes to media availability. Good day and fun way to get paid!!

ndsubison1
03-09-2012, 01:25 AM
unlv will likely win it being its in LV