PDA

View Full Version : Another football website to read

JSUBison
02-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Saw this posted at AGS by a SDSU fan. http://collegefootballnation.squarespace.com/

Nice mix of FBS and FCS. Couple of NDSU vids, articles with NDSU in them also. Has a preview of some of the upcoming FBS/FCS games next year, and NDSU and CSU is previewed.

I have to disagree with the USD/Northwestern pick though.

ndsubison1
02-14-2012, 01:15 AM
northwestern is not a bad team. i just dont see usd taking them down

Go_Herd
02-14-2012, 02:03 AM
I was hoping this was about the resurrection of bisonsports.net :(

DjKyRo
02-14-2012, 01:47 PM
My eyes are bleeding from the number of grammatical errors on that blog.

And they picked us to beat CSU 35-13?? Wow.

HerdBot
02-14-2012, 02:06 PM
I applaud the effort but there is little or no content. I will never go to the site again. What they need is to have fans of the teams update it. When the Bison page consists of a link to Wikipedia ...

Professor Chaos
02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Message board posters critiquing lack of content and grammattical errors in a blog?

D'ohkay....

Grizzled
02-14-2012, 03:29 PM
My eyes are bleeding from the number of grammatical errors on that blog.

And they picked us to beat CSU 35-13?? Wow.

A lot of football fans out there recognize our past accomplishments vs. BCS teams and also understand how bad CSU is. With a new coach, a new quarterback and the talent we have returning I think fans of FCS and FBS know this is a game the Bison should win and I really can't argue the score prediction all that much.

DjKyRo
02-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Message board posters critiquing lack of content and grammattical errors in a blog?

D'ohkay....

I'm a nit-picker for grammar to the point of being pedantic. I make no apologies.

mnriverbison
02-14-2012, 03:40 PM
A lot of football fans out there recognize our past accomplishments vs. BCS teams and also understand how bad CSU is. With a new coach, a new quarterback and the talent we have returning I think fans of FCS and FBS know this is a game the Bison should win and I really can't argue the score prediction all that much.

Of all the Bison fans I know, I am easily the least giddy about our FBS record and what it means about FCS vs FBS. Don't get me wrong, it's cool how it has all shaken out for us and I'm there as happy as anyone. I just prefer to have proper perspective. I am always the one reminding everyone that it really does matter that we play the worst BCS teams, who don't give a crap about us, often with new coaches no real culture to speak of, and our guys carry large chips on their shoulders into the game. All of that matters and I think it is lunacy to pretend that our 60 scholly roster would do better than even those awful teams against the grind of their schedule.

I'm only recapping my FBS "negativity" (rationalism) here to put my CSU thoughts in perspective. I think we beat CSU by 15+ and I don't think it's as close as the score. MN is unique for a lot of reasons, so it's better to compare CSU to a Kansas but with worse players and a worse situation. ISU we just weren't all that good that year. We are going to freaking kill CSU. That site has a ton of credibility in my book by recognizing that fact.

MontBison
02-14-2012, 07:38 PM
While were at it i'll throw this up. http://maroonblood.com/ pretty cool concept if you guys get reading about it (having a website sponsored bus, giving trips away, etc.)

CFInfinity
02-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Thanks for your guys' support on the website. I'll make sure to watch my grammar.

CFInfinity
02-15-2012, 01:53 AM
I applaud the effort but there is little or no content. I will never go to the site again. What they need is to have fans of the teams update it. When the Bison page consists of a link to Wikipedia ...

Makes sense. I apologize for the Wikipedia. I made those two pages with the FBS and FCS teams the first day I created the blog. I put the wiki links in there just to fill in some space while I continue designing the blog. I fixed it to something more...football appropriate.

If I could just ask you to not give up on the site just yet. It is brand-new, a work in progress, and adjustments will be made. Feedback like this is what I want and NEED to hear. Just trying to make a product that is interesting to read (sometimes not accurate, but interesting)

Disclaimer: I am no ESPN.

:) Love you all! CFInfinity.

ALPHAGRIZ1
02-15-2012, 02:18 AM
While were at it i'll throw this up. http://maroonblood.com/ pretty cool concept if you guys get reading about it (having a website sponsored bus, giving trips away, etc.)
Thanks for the shout out....I am working on the App St game this fall. This trip will be given away shortly and will include airfare, hotel and game ticket. This year when we are down there in Boone I will be streaming live content to the site. Interviews and tailgating video.

Check it out this fall

BTW Lakes promised he would post more at maroonblood........so if you miss him you can check in there.

Bisondan
02-15-2012, 02:49 AM
BTW Lakes promised he would post more at maroonblood........so if you miss him you can check in there.

Only Lakes (and maybe SDBison) would be asked to post on a message board in order to drive traffic. The man is a legend.

ALPHAGRIZ1
02-15-2012, 05:00 PM
I dont care if it drives traffic or not. Some of the points he makes are valid. If people dont like how he goes about making his points...that is their problem not his.

Boards thrive when there is objectiveness, personalities and respect. You dont have to agree with what somebody says or the way they say it to be respectful. If you dont like differing opinions go join a cult, I cant for th life of me figure out why anyone would even be on the internet if they didnt think there would be some controversy and differing opinions.

SDbison
02-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Of all the Bison fans I know, I am easily the least giddy about our FBS record and what it means about FCS vs FBS. Don't get me wrong, it's cool how it has all shaken out for us and I'm there as happy as anyone. I just prefer to have proper perspective. I am always the one reminding everyone that it really does matter that we play the worst BCS teams, who don't give a crap about us, often with new coaches no real culture to speak of, and our guys carry large chips on their shoulders into the game. All of that matters and I think it is lunacy to pretend that our 60 scholly roster would do better than even those awful teams against the grind of their schedule.

I'm only recapping my FBS "negativity" (rationalism) here to put my CSU thoughts in perspective. I think we beat CSU by 15+ and I don't think it's as close as the score. MN is unique for a lot of reasons, so it's better to compare CSU to a Kansas but with worse players and a worse situation. ISU we just weren't all that good that year. We are going to freaking kill CSU. That site has a ton of credibility in my book by recognizing that fact.
Sorry you think NDSU's wins against so called lower FBS teams isn't a big deal. Those FBS teams the Bison are 5-3 against have a much bigger athletic department budget, play in conferences with teams their caliber and have 22 more scholarships than NDSU. Even NDSU's 3 losses to FBS teams were close games well into the 4th quarter with 2 of them decided in the last couple minutes.

CFInfinity
02-15-2012, 11:35 PM
New blog is up. I've made some structural changes. Let me know if the site looks better (no wikipedia links). Anyway, let me know. Thanks!
- CFInfinify

4mcruenomore
02-15-2012, 11:49 PM
Only Lakes (and maybe SDBison) would be asked to post on a message board in order to drive traffic. The man is a legend.

I am THEE Legend, thanks.

KilldeerBison
02-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Sorry you think NDSU's wins against so called lower FBS teams isn't a big deal. Those FBS teams the Bison are 5-3 against have a much bigger athletic department budget, play in conferences with teams their caliber and have 22 more scholarships than NDSU. Even NDSU's 3 losses to FBS teams were close games well into the 4th quarter with 2 of them decided in the last couple minutes.

I agree, give us 22 more scholarships and our team would be better, I get tired of hearing about how we only beat FBS teams in their down years. Again, give us 22 more full rides and we will only get better!

SamsRams
02-16-2012, 01:20 AM
New blog is up. I've made some structural changes. Let me know if the site looks better (no wikipedia links). Anyway, let me know. Thanks!
- CFInfinify

Look forward to checking it out and keep plugging away.

CFInfinity
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Stadium Spotlight tonight! 8 p.m.

I'll talk about Utah State's Romney Stadium and North Dakota State's FargoDome.

I've been giving NDSU a lot of attention, but hey, you guys are National Champions.

P.S. I see you guys are installing new turf for next year. Anyone have a picture of it so I can show on the blog?

NDSU92
02-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the coverage! Here's a picture of the turf along with an article by a local news network.

http://www.kfgo.com/fm-headline-news.php?ID=0000006379

HerdBot
02-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Stadium Spotlight tonight! 8 p.m.

I'll talk about Utah State's Romney Stadium and North Dakota State's FargoDome.

I've been giving NDSU a lot of attention, but hey, you guys are National Champions.

P.S. I see you guys are installing new turf for next year. Anyone have a picture of it so I can show on the blog?

Try this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGYqPpwXgEI&list=UUo9BmRwSGifLu8jCbOgOK1w&index=1&feature=plcp

BisoninNWMN
02-16-2012, 09:05 PM

Bullshit!

They still have 22 schollys more than we do.

I will be surprised if we lose this game.

CFInfinity
02-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Blog is up. Thanks for your help guys! http://collegefootballnation.squarespace.com/blog/2012/2/16/stadium-spotlight-utah-state-and-north-dakota-state.html

EndZoneQB
02-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Blog is up. Thanks for your help guys! http://collegefootballnation.squarespace.com/blog/2012/2/16/stadium-spotlight-utah-state-and-north-dakota-state.html

Hey, a couple of your pictures aren't working.

CFInfinity
02-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Hey, a couple of your pictures aren't working.

Yah, I noticed that too. I re-opened it in Firefox and it loaded just fine. Not sure why they wouldn't load in the first place... I never ran into that problem before. ** I messed around with the structure of the site. Its fixed. Let me know if I'm wrong.

EndZoneQB
02-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Yah, I noticed that too. I re-opened it in Firefox and it loaded just fine. Not sure why they wouldn't load in the first place... I never ran into that problem before. ** I messed around with the structure of the site. Its fixed. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Everything works but the bottom picture of the field turf.

CFInfinity
02-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Everything works but the bottom picture of the field turf.

Yeah, sorry for the confusion. I didn't post a picture, I just posted a link to the story with the picture. I tried to format the picture to be able to put it into the blog, but I was short on time the other day so I just decided to post the story instead.

Bison"FANatic"
02-17-2012, 01:48 PM
That Utah State stadium looks like a "what if" for the bunnies from the south. Even has its own Dykhouse, I wonder what Utah State keeps in theirs.

IBleedYellow
02-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Great post! Keep up the great work!

CFInfinity
02-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Yo, Bison fans, maybe some of you can confirm my feelings on this latest post--comparing Bowl games to Playoff games. HERE (http://collegefootballnation.squarespace.com/blog/2012/2/18/bowl-game-versus-playoff-game.html)

CFInfinity
02-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Bison Fans, I am pondering some changes. I feel like all together scrapping the FBS side of my blog. Turns out alot of fans of FBS teams are just not at all interested in a blog that mentions FCS teams.

Instead I would focus exclusively on FCS football. Which is basically what I have been doing since last Wednesday anyway.

Thoughts?

P.s. Nice Braketbuster win the other day.

EndZoneQB
02-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Bison Fans, I am pondering some changes. I feel like all together scrapping the FBS side of my blog. Turns out alot of fans of FBS teams are just not at all interested in a blog that mentions FCS teams.

Instead I would focus exclusively on FCS football. Which is basically what I have been doing since last Wednesday anyway.

Thoughts?

It's a good way to start so you aren't overwhelmed...plus starting small to get your readership up will help in the long run IMO. Also, FCS fans are craving for their teams to be mentioned, written about, etc since there aren't many outlets for it. Good luck!

HerdBot
02-21-2012, 06:52 PM

Thoughts?

Good idea. FBS blogs are a dime a dozen but FCS is very underrepresented. Could find yourself a niche. Remember if you focus on everything you focus on nothing