PDA

View Full Version : No more Monday games!

roadwarrior
02-13-2012, 08:39 PM
The Summit League has the schedule posted for the 2012-13 season. The women will be playing games on Thursday and Saturday with the exception of the weekend at the end of December, where they will be Friday and Sunday.

The women will be on the road on the weekends that the men are playing at home. That will mean no more double headers. Most of the time they will be playing the same school on the same night.

There is no travel partner with UNO for either the men or the women.

Here is the women's schedule:

http://www.thesummitleague.org//pdf8/796707.pdf

GRAFTONBISON
02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Opening the Summit schedule @ SDSU.

That ought to go well.

Bison bison
02-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Man we really need a quality 10th school from the Upper Midwest....

Saint Cloud State or Mankato State less football would really fit the bill....

99Bison
02-14-2012, 12:05 AM
That no more monday thing is nice!

Elephants Dream?
02-14-2012, 05:02 AM
I hope we don't lose the radio broadcast of the womens games next year
with the split scheduling.

Tatanka
02-14-2012, 09:23 AM
I hope we don't lose the radio broadcast of the womens games next year
with the split scheduling.

I was wondering how this would work. In reality I don't see many schools having two broadcast teams at their disposal much less two radio stations. NDSU is one of the few that could make it work if they so chose...

Bison bison
02-14-2012, 02:40 PM
WHY?

:hide:

Elephants Dream?
02-14-2012, 07:07 PM
"WHY?" -- Personally, I'm not going to a mens game.
Hopefully, I'll be able to listen to the womens road game instead.
Gary R. might be broadcasting those on the other station?
With the poor attendance, will sponsors be willing to spend the $'s to make it happen??

BisonVifte
02-14-2012, 08:04 PM
women's attendance will be way down next year with product that was put on the floor this year and no double header on saturday to boost numbers.

roadwarrior
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
women's attendance will be way down next year with product that was put on the floor this year and no double header on saturday to boost numbers.

It is already way down. If a change in command is made, I would think that some fans will return. Also the thurs-sat conference schedule will help attendance.

aces1180
02-14-2012, 08:17 PM
It is already way down. If a change in command is made, I would think that some fans will return. Also the thurs-sat conference schedule will help attendance.

But if one of NDSU's goals is to get more men's games on TV, wouldn't that actually hurt the women? Even less fans going to games because they could go to a bar or stay home to watch the men on TV? I would think the majority of folks would rather watch the Bison men play at Oakland on TV in the middle of January rather than trekking to the BSA for that same women's match-up, no?

NDSUstudent
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
They should just play Thursday-Saturday doubleheaders, now I doubt if I will ever go to another women's conference game. I'd rather follow the men's game.

BisonVifte
02-14-2012, 08:27 PM

Will people want to go have a home game every Thursday and Saturday during conference season? With men's and women's games on at home on the same weekend off weekends can be used for other commitments or activities.

rabidrabbit
02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Those Sat. double headers are going to be missed. Especially at the Dakota Schools, since a good portion of the non-student attendence is coming from up to 4 hours away to watch the action. Getting 4 hours of entertainment is a lot easier to sell 2 to 8 hours of travel, than 1.5 hours of entertainment.

Women's attendence figures will probably show SDSU #1, USD #2, ORU #3, OU #4 this season. Get back to winning ways, Bison have demonstrated that WBB can be #1 or #2 attendence. If battling the Jacks, for #1, I would not be surprised if Bison crowds at home average higher the Jacks at home.