PDA

View Full Version : Teammakers ?

HerdBot
02-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Ive been a Teammaker for a long time. I know the money goes towards paying for the scholarships of the athletes. Some day when they meet the goal of 100% funding scholarships, where does the additional funds go? Can it be used to do things like build buildings, practice facilities, new turf, etc? I would love to see a day when we can do MORE for the program.

CAS4127
02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26324-Team-Maker-Membership&highlight=teammakers

That's all!!:facepalm:

roadwarrior
02-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Teammakers raises about 2/3 of the cost of scholarships currently. There is a long way to go before they have extra funds available for other projects. With the steep increases in tuition every year, your goal is going to be even harder to attain.

99Bison
02-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Just guessing, but based on other schools, building the endowment for providing scholarships would likely be the route. That way up and down years aren't as painful and your future funds are way more stable. The way it is now there's pretty steep risk of having down years/whatever issues that affects your revenue.

HerdBot
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Teammakers raises about 2/3 of the cost of scholarships currently. There is a long way to go before they have extra funds available for other projects. With the steep increases in tuition every year, your goal is going to be even harder to attain.

Some day we will get there.... what kind of rules are around the extra money? If they wanted to fix Dacotah Field or make a big donation to the shac, put a bubble over Dacotah, buy new banners, purchase giant Bison statues, pay for another coach, build a Bison flippin museum ...could they?

roadwarrior
02-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Some day we will get there.... what kind of rules are around the extra money? If they wanted to fix Dacotah Field or make a big donation to the shac, put a bubble over Dacotah, buy new banners...could they?

I don't think so.

There are already other ways to fund the things you mention. The NDSU Development Foundation handles all contributions for construction of facilities. If you want to make a contribution for an endowment for any reason, you should contact Amy Ruley. There are nearly 100 endowment funds already created, that for the most part direct the money towards scholarship costs.

HerdBot
02-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't think so.

There are already other ways to fund the things you mention. The NDSU Development Foundation handles all contributions for construction of facilities. If you want to make a contribution for an endowment for any reason, you should contact Amy Ruley. There are nearly 100 endowment funds already created, that for the most part direct the money towards scholarship costs.

What kind of projects can they do? Would exceeding the scholarship levels mean more money for the athletic department?

roadwarrior
02-09-2012, 08:18 PM
What kind of projects can they do? Would exceeding the scholarship levels mean more money for the athletic department?

Who is "they" you refer to?

HerdBot
02-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Who is "they" you refer to?

Teammakers... or US

roadwarrior
02-09-2012, 08:26 PM
I am pretty sure that Teammakers has a sole purpose. That is to raise money to pay for athletic scholarships at NDSU.

Why are you starting new projects when we are about $9 million short of the only project that should be the focus right now?

HerdBot
02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Because i was curious if any money can go toward the shac. It would be awesome if someday we can fund the entire athletic department scholarships and have money left over to spend on other projects we all want so we can focus on the shac. Too bad they cant donate too these funds.

roadwarrior
02-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Because i was curious if any money can go toward the shac. It would be awesome if someday we can fund the entire athletic department scholarships and have money left over to spend on other projects we all want so we can focus on the shac. Too bad they cant donate too these funds.

Like I said before, the method to donate to these other funds already exists. Call Amy.

Teammakers raised around $2.2 million last year. That was around $1,000,000 short of covering the scholarship costs. Its going to be a long time before Teammakers has extra cash laying around for other projects.

pwbnd
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Here's how little I know about things...if teammakers pays for 2/3's of the scholarships, where does the money come from for the remaining 1/3?

roadwarrior
02-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Here's how little I know about things...if teammakers pays for 2/3's of the scholarships, where does the money come from for the remaining 1/3?

Its in the athletic department budget. Ticket sales, sponsorships, NCAA money, institutional support, you name it.

edit:
I forgot one important category: athletic endowment funds

roadwarrior
02-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Gabe, if you have $10,000 you want to donate to put a bubble over Dacotah Field (for example), you can do that by giving the money to the Development Foundation and designating the purpose of your donation. That money will then sit there until enough money is raised for the project. Contact Amy. It's all tax deductible too.

HerdBot
02-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Like I said before, the method to donate to these other funds already exists. Call Amy.

Teammakers raised around $2.2 million last year. That was around $1,000,000 short of covering the scholarship costs. Its going to be a long time before Teammakers has extra cash laying around for other projects.

I realize that. Just wondering what they would do with the extra money if we are ever in a good enough position . It could be a motivater for Bison fans to up teammakers or join.

roadwarrior
02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
The extra money would be invested. To cover shortfalls in bad years.

tony
02-09-2012, 08:48 PM
I realize that. Just wondering what they would do with the extra money if we are ever in a good enough position . It could be a motivater for Bison fans to up teammakers or join.

It'd be great if TM could pay for all existing scholarships. I suppose that in the unlikely event we start covering all scholarship costs, the remaining money could go into building up endowments for the same purpose.

pwbnd
02-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Its in the athletic department budget. Ticket sales, sponsorships, NCAA money, institutional support, you name it.

edit:
I forgot one important category: athletic endowment funds

That makes sense. Thanks.

Bisondan
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM

A recent unscientific survey conducted by Teammakers showed that the majority of TM members wished any extra money to go towards building a statue of Lakes Bison in the east lobby of the Fargo dome.

Personally I would prefer it in the West parking lot.

TransAmBison
02-09-2012, 09:54 PM
A recent unscientific survey conducted by Teammakers showed that the majority of TM members wished any extra money to go towards building a statue of Lakes Bison in the east lobby of the Fargo dome.

Personally I would prefer it in the West parking lot.ENOUGH WITH THE MISINFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The people have spoken!! It isn't any extra money...they want it to be THE FIRST PRIORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That and the whole '94 baseball roster put into the hall of fame...minus all the players but Lakes It is the '94 team right? I'll have to go look up the roster...oh wait...