PDA

View Full Version : Spectrum column on Jensen

DjKyRo
02-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Thought I'd mix up my usual Bison Illustrated stuff and toss in a column I wrote this week on Jensen and where his very young legacy lies among NDSU QB's of the past. Like I say in the column, obviously it's way too early to toss him in with Bentrim and the gang, but there could be a day when we look back on the 2010's and remember that that's when Brock Jensen played. Dig it!

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/sports/under-center-1.2766932#.TzCQr1xbfpg

BisonHorns
02-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Well written column. The future will reveal how Brock is remembered, but as of now he has done a fantastic job not only playing but being a leader the team loves and respects. Stats don't always say it all. I feel his best game of the year was against the Gophers. I remember thinking he was machine that night!

KilldeerBison
02-07-2012, 03:50 AM
Kyle: another well written article, I am on the Jensen bandwagon. I too remember when he committed to NDSU, there were other qb's we had offered and Brock had to wait until they refused the NDSU scholly. I remember Brock being very glad/thankful to come to NDSU. Since then, I have had the pleasure of meeting his father, Brock's dad is a class act also, you can see where Brock gets it from. Keep'em comming Kyle!

CaBisonFan
02-07-2012, 03:53 AM
...nice article...

EightyfourBison
02-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Nice job Kyle..Looking forward to the remainder of the Brock legacy.

4mcruenomore
02-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Great article! Brock has done well, kid is a winner. I was really down on him, but he improved so much this year and he won me over. I still attribute some of it though to finally having serious depth at QB, it allowed coach to be more risky with him and not worry about injury imo. I would still put him up there with the best at NDSU though no doubt, he has the ring to prove it.

BisonTeacher
02-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Nice work DJ.

STEP2DMB
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Great article, should be a lot fun watching #16 under center for two more years.

coldspot
02-07-2012, 04:24 PM
this Kyle Roth kid is such a hack writer

good stuff, keep it up. I can't wait for the next two years with Jensen under center. we've got a lot of guys on this team that are going to have some nice hardware on their hands by the time they graduate.

CAS4127
02-07-2012, 04:38 PM
Just as we expected our other players and some of our coaches (see 2012 Offense thread) to improve in the off-season, there are some things I would like to see Brock do. First, I would like to see him put on 5-10 pounds of muscle weight. That would allow him to take and manage being hit hard, would make him a more effective runner and perhaps improve his arm strength to an extent. I would also like to see him improve his footwork, especially his "quick" footwork. This would allow him to move in the pocket better and, again, help his run game. Lastly, I would like to see him improve on his passing game by being able to look off receivers and then come back to them. He has a tendancy to telegraph a bit. Perhaps learning the offense even better will help on that end, as well as being able to better read coverages.

BisonNeil
02-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Good stuff, thanks for posting the link.

I imagine, however, that there are a number of Whioux fans wondering why you would spend so much space in the paper on such a marginal DI QB. (If I remembered what CAS said about making the font purple, I would have done that)

A1pigskin
02-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Good read. I look forward to watch him and many other current players for two years.

Hammerhead
02-08-2012, 01:51 AM
I would like nothing better than to have Brock wearing 3 nat'l championship rings like Bentrim. :-) For now, I'm going to keep Bentrim and Dick on my avatar photo. 25 years between attending national championship games for me was far too long.

SlickVic
02-08-2012, 04:58 AM
its rediculous for me to believe that there's ever been a better bison quarterback then brock jenson...you football fools can't have it both ways coming out talking down ndsu basketball like its garbage low end product trash league with no standards as a program ect and then re living all these d 2 past glorys and players for football....lets be honest with ourselves who cares about championships if they are the equivalent of class b on a national level...I appreciate the history lessons and that's an important part our football programs "tradition" but really to suggest brock doesn't deserve to be in the class of all time great bison qbs under center is absurd sorry but that defines the word poposturus...now that bohl knows exactly the type of team he's working with I'm sorry its time to put up or shup up no more of these wyoming colorado state u of minn games I wanna see ndsu play big boy football and see how we stack up...in the eyes of the american sports betting public sam houston state football georgia southern football montana football ect ect the list goes on are no better known than any number of mid major basketball programs including oru...so in sum yes its fine to be proud of bison football I am as well but let's be real with it in all actuality it fcs football is no better than mid major basketball

56BISON73
02-08-2012, 05:05 AM
its rediculous for me to believe that there's ever been a better bison quarterback then brock jenson...you football fools can't have it both ways coming out talking down ndsu basketball like its garbage low end product trash league with no standards as a program ect and then re living all these d 2 past glorys and players for football....lets be honest with ourselves who cares about championships if they are the equivalent of class b on a national level...I appreciate the history lessons and that's an important part our football programs "tradition" but really to suggest brock doesn't deserve to be in the class of all time great bison qbs under center is absurd sorry but that defines the word poposturus...now that bohl knows exactly the type of team he's working with I'm sorry its time to put up or shup up no more of these wyoming colorado state u of minn games I wanna see ndsu play big boy football and see how we stack up...in the eyes of the american sports betting public sam houston state football georgia southern football montana football ect ect the list goes on are no better known than any number of mid major basketball programs including oru...so in sum yes its fine to be proud of bison football I am as well but let's be real with it in all actuality it fcs football is no better than mid major basketball

Sorry Slick but you are way off the mark on this one.

SlickVic
02-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Sorry Slick but you are way off the mark on this one.

how so you fools can brag those d2 days up all you want oh ron erhardt oh rocky hager...fine great guys ran oustanding programs had fine players although I never actually seen them play I do believe they were as dominant as all accounts..at that level vs absolute nobodys...sorry sam houston states a nobody same with georgia southern...fine its great to know we are the king of class b football but all I'm saying is don't come around posting about the bison basketball program like they embarass you because as far as I'm concerned a birth in the ncaa division one mens basketball tournement is a greater accomplishment than a d2 or fcs football championship on a national level

56BISON73
02-08-2012, 05:17 AM
how so you fools can brag those d2 days up all you want oh ron erhardt oh rocky hager...fine great guys ran oustanding programs had fine players although I never actually seen them play I do believe they were as dominant as all accounts..at that level vs absolute nobodys...sorry sam houston states a nobody same with georgia southern...fine its great to know we are the king of class b football but all I'm saying is don't come around posting about the bison basketball program like they embarass you because as far as I'm concerned a birth in the ncaa division one mens basketball tournement is a greater accomplishment than a d2 or fcs football championship on a national level

Now I have to question your sobriety.

reformedUNDfan
02-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Good stuff, thanks for posting the link.

I imagine, however, that there are a number of Whioux fans wondering why you would spend so much space in the paper on such a marginal DI QB. (If I remembered what CAS said about making the font purple, I would have done that)

they (we, i suppose) are back to being the fighting Sioux on an interim basis.

SlickVic
02-08-2012, 05:28 AM
come on guy...all I'm saying is juco football d2 football fcs football its really all the same...dont get me wrong this last years bison football team I think they could have handled well over half of the fbs teams won multiple bowl games ect it was a phonominal football team....and will still be for years to come but come on dude fcs as a division of football is on the exact same level as the summit league is in division one college basketball so all I'm saying is don't act like ndsu basketballs such a disgrace because its not...football won a fcs title fine great good job but let's keep it in context

56BISON73
02-08-2012, 05:43 AM
come on guy...all I'm saying is juco football d2 football fcs football its really all the same...dont get me wrong this last years bison football team I think they could have handled well over half of the fbs teams won multiple bowl games ect it was a phonominal football team....and will still be for years to come but come on dude fcs as a division of football is on the exact same level as the summit league is in division one college basketball so all I'm saying is don't act like ndsu basketballs such a disgrace because its not...football won a fcs title fine great good job but let's keep it in context

I know what you are saying. Thats why I said you are off the mark. For some reason you think going to the NCAA on an auto bid for beating people in our own conference (even though NDSU probably wouldt have gotten an invite) is greater than a NC in FCS football. NDSU has really never been a great BB school so please dont try and tell us it is because we had a one and done team a few years ago. Ive been hearing for 3 years about how the team is young etc etc etc. All I can say to that is I wish it were true and I hope they actually do improve.
But back to the point at hand. You are actually batty to try and compare this years FB team and somehow try to interject this years BB team in the discussion. Then to equate FCS FB the same as Summitt league BB???????? Again I question your sobriety.

SlickVic
02-08-2012, 06:07 AM
all I'm saying is back off the basketball program please you football fools think because we won a title at the fcs level (which I believe is the lowest level any athletic team on campus competes at other then club or intermurals) we suddenly should be dominating everything no excuses irritates me...but back on topic you can't have it both ways bragging about d2 players and then saying brock jenson isn't in that sentance yet...he won at the highest level period so essentionly what I get out of those comments is fcs football is no better than the d2 days...am I wrong? I say brocks the best qb to ever play here sophmore or not how can you argue otherwise?

56BISON73
02-08-2012, 06:21 AM
all I'm saying is back off the basketball program please you football fools think because we won a title at the fcs level (which I believe is the lowest level any athletic team on campus competes at other then club or intermurals) we suddenly should be dominating everything no excuses irritates me...but back on topic you can't have it both ways bragging about d2 players and then saying brock jenson isn't in that sentance yet...he won at the highest level period so essentionly what I get out of those comments is fcs football is no better than the d2 days...am I wrong? I say brocks the best qb to ever play here sophmore or not how can you argue otherwise?

I really havent busted the BB teams balls at all. Everything theyve done is a matter of public record. Dont understand you being so defensive about it.

Yes I can have it both ways. The whole team won the championship. Not just Jensen. Brock is still young. He hasnt accompished what the others have . With your logic because we won an NC this year you must think Chad Wilson was a better linebacker than Steve Nelson because Nelly didnt win a NC. (you serious)
Your whole cause and affect-premise is off the mark. FYI you equating FCS with intramurals is probably one of the stupidest things you have EVER posted. That takes some doing I might add.:facepalm: Now go to bed and sleep it off.:biggrin:

SlickVic
02-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Brock is still young. He hasnt accompished what the others have .

lol...brock led this team to a fcs championship but you guys still insist he hasnt accomplished what others have...im sorry but that blows my mind...wtf does he gotta do win the hiesman?

56BISON73
02-08-2012, 06:41 AM
lol...brock led this team to a fcs championship but you guys still insist he hasnt accomplished what others have...im sorry but that blows my mind...wtf does he gotta do win the hiesman?

:facepalm::facepalm:

bisonmike2
02-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Thought I'd mix up my usual Bison Illustrated stuff and toss in a column I wrote this week on Jensen and where his very young legacy lies among NDSU QB's of the past. Like I say in the column, obviously it's way too early to toss him in with Bentrim and the gang, but there could be a day when we look back on the 2010's and remember that that's when Brock Jensen played. Dig it!

http://www.ndsuspectrum.com/sports/under-center-1.2766932#.TzCQr1xbfpg

Kinda feel like I should get a co-writing credit on this one. I dug up that old quote from the recruiting summary. I demand my royalties!

Hammerhead
02-09-2012, 12:54 AM
He's gotta earn multiple championships. Those teams in the 80s were known primarily as a running team although they also had a pair of great wide receivers including Stacy Robinson who managed who played 6 years in the NFL.

Snowgoose
02-09-2012, 05:30 PM
I liked the article as well. I am also a Brock supporter and thought his improvement from one year to the next was remarkable and I hope he continues that this next year. I will say that saying he is statistically better than other QB's of the past is not quite accurate. Sure he had the most passing yards ever for a year, but for example he played in four more games than say Walker. Walker for example averaged 211 per game while Brock averaged 165. The other QB's had more impact on the game than did Jensen. I would equate Jensen to say a Jim McMahon. He was told to manage the game and when needed could sufficiently help win the game, but in no way do we compare him to say a John Elway or other great Super Bowl QB's.

Jensen does have the ability, drive, and passion to become this type of player in the next two years and I hope he does.

heffray
02-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Jensen isn't even the best QB on our roster, let alone in Bison-lore.

BisoninNWMN
02-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Nice article.

Brock has the potential to be the best Bison QB ever.