PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Man

BisonHorns
01-29-2012, 06:12 PM
First time caller but long time listener. The other day there was a thread started to have a meet the player day and a bunch of you shot the idea down. I have a lot of respect for most of you as I have read your ideas for a year but Come on Man. One person said not to take it so serious but that person has well over 5,800 posts to Bisonville... Then someone said that autographed material is only for kids..really then that person should list some of their goods on criagslist so I can give it a proper home. The idea would be a great fundraiser, sell footballs, helmets, banners, and kids get in free. The players could skip a day of workout for the body and get one for the spirit. Let us cover the walls of every mancave to cherish the long awaited victory.
Tear me apart if you want but I will only bleed green and gold!

Comfortably Numb Bison
01-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the site BisonHorn. I agree with you 100%. These guys are role models for the kids, however I would pay big bucks for a autographed football or helmet of this years national championship team. There is an endless amount of possibilities awaiting here.

CaBisonFan
01-29-2012, 08:40 PM
....good post....it's worth discussing....

HandoEX
01-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Pretty much every Bison fan knows we already have one of these every year.

BisonHorns
01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
I am talking about the CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM right now. In the last couple of weeks there was a 2011 signed football for 500 bucks on craigslist. Many of us would love to have something like this in our homes or offices but would rather see the money go towards something for the team than to some opportunist/luckybastard. Your suggestion about once a year.... not so great... my wedding anniversary comes once a year too, that doesn't mean I am always prepared!! That being said it would have been a better idea closer to the championship game.

56BISON73
01-29-2012, 09:40 PM
I am talking about the CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM right now. In the last couple of weeks there was a 2011 signed football for 500 bucks on craigslist. Many of us would love to have something like this in our homes or offices but would rather see the money go towards something for the team than to some opportunist/luckybastard. Your suggestion about once a year.... not so great... my wedding anniversary comes once a year too, that doesn't mean I am always prepared!! That being said it would have been a better idea closer to the championship game.

That would have been a terrible idea. You arent thinking about the players. You are thinking about YOU.

BisonHorns
01-29-2012, 09:56 PM
That quote is purely about the money raising aspect for the team. Every tom dick and harry was out to purchase memorabilia. And yes I am thinking about me too. I want cool bison stuff! I can't get enough of it and news flash you can't reason with someone who is being unreasonable! I want cool stuff now!!!!!!!!

WFBisonFan
01-29-2012, 11:56 PM
BisonHorns.....You are a GENIUS! It would have been great if somehow they administration would have put together something a week after the title game for DIE-HARD FANS like you and myself (among others) to get a chance to thank the players/coaches/other fans in person. I know the Fargodome was out of the question due to the maintenance for putting in the new turf. Tickets for $5 each with the money going to NDSU athletics. Would have been AWESOME! Maybe next year!

CaBisonFan
01-30-2012, 12:20 AM
It's back...1524

4mcruenomore
01-30-2012, 12:32 AM
How many log-ins does Lakes have?

Rockbear99
01-30-2012, 01:07 AM

The championship team now will be the same championship team next year. And for decades after that.

mhyer63
01-30-2012, 01:36 AM
Welcome to the site BisonHorn. I agree with you 100%. These guys are role models for the kids, however I would pay big bucks for a autographed football or helmet of this years national championship team. There is an endless amount of possibilities awaiting here.

I am lucky, my girlfriend is a prof at NDSU, and got me a football signed by all the players at the start of the year at a silent auction, she had/has Paul Cornick in her class.

stevdock
01-30-2012, 01:41 AM
This year's seniors will not be at next year's fan appreciation day. Also as so many of you complain about it has been on a Wednesday night the last few years I believe so going to last year's was not possible for everyone.

Now saying that our football team has gone above and beyond this year just like they normally do and for them to dedicate another night for this when their 2nd semester has already started is asking a lot. These kids are not just here to play football. They are also full time students and I know for a lot of them spring semester is where they load up to offset a smaller fall class load.

DjKyRo
01-30-2012, 01:50 AM
The coaching staff and players have given a ton of credit to the fans and have made a bunch of appearances at basketball games and around campus. That's appreciation enough for me, thanks.

bisonhp330
01-30-2012, 11:50 AM
How many log-ins does Lakes have?

need to start banning by IP address. Dude has no life.

daddy daycare
01-30-2012, 12:41 PM
I live in Bismarck and don't make it to town much during the offseason. I would pile the family up and drive to Fargo if they wouldve had an event like this. My 3rd grader would've loved to get autographs amd meet these guys. Don't get all butt hurt, but UND hockey does it at the end of every season and it is a huge deal for kids. I personally would've taken the GSU panorama and had it signed by those present and put up behind the bar. No need to rip people for this, some of us out of towers don't have access to the mini celebrations like students and local fans do.

Bison4ever56
01-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Now saying that our football team has gone above and beyond this year just like they normally do and for them to dedicate another night for this when their 2nd semester has already started is asking a lot. These kids are not just here to play football. They are also full time students and I know for a lot of them spring semester is where they load up to offset a smaller fall class load.

+++

The players could skip a day of workout for the body and get one for the spirit.

Also, the winter workout schedule will be shortened, and I can't see the coaches or players wanting to miss one. Each and every workout is important now to build a foundation for the fall.

HerdBot
01-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Great idea but were just too late. We missed the boat. All we could come up with was a late night ralley at the dome and a half assed halftime deal at the USD game.

We need to make a bigger deal out of the spring game and media day this year. I want to see 10k fans.

OT I brought my son to media day and the entire team signed a poster. Im getting it framed. You jump on the band wagon late expect to miss out.

Bison"FANatic"
02-01-2012, 08:58 PM

The Fargo Delta Waterfowl Chapter will have a signed football on its auction on March 11. Picture of it is on their facebook page. Should have probably kept my mouth shut since I might be bidding on it but the money goes to a great cause. I have enjoyed working with the group many times over the years but have not been very active the last few years.

http://www.facebook.com/DeltaWaterfowlFargo

BisonHorns
02-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Correction: You must have meant March 9th. I looked at the facebook link.... looks awesome! Will there be other hunting related items up for auction also?

Bison"FANatic"
02-02-2012, 02:07 AM
Correction: You must have meant March 9th. I looked at the facebook link.... looks awesome! Will there be other hunting related items up for auction also?

Yes the 9th it was on the 11th last year. There is the usual duck and goose packages and a bunch of prints and other stuff. Typical wildlife banquet.