PDA

View Full Version : The all new Gateway Poll!

IowaBison
03-06-2007, 12:24 PM
are we finally in the end game?

Tatanka
03-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Hope so.

2006gwfcchamps
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
In by the end of the week.

WYOBISONMAN
03-06-2007, 02:17 PM
By St. Patty's Day and I will be drinking GREEN BEER to celebrate!!

Paulie
03-06-2007, 02:29 PM
On the Bison Media Blog there are posters that are saying it's a guarantee. They claim to have sources but you never know with internet banter.

99Bison
03-06-2007, 02:34 PM
You can ignore those posters, they are trying to make Lakes look like a fool.

IowaBisonToo
03-06-2007, 02:50 PM
They might be doing a pretty good job. ;D

tony
03-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Oops, I voted for "In by St. Paddy's Day" when I just meant to vote for "We'll know by St. Paddy's Day" (which wasn't an option).

IowaBison
03-06-2007, 04:25 PM
don't question the poll! :)

cadillac
03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
the second and sixth choices are the same fixed ;)

IowaBison
03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
don't question the poll! :)

Bison101
03-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Wildcard: Gateway is dragging their heels as they have decided that they only want SDSU right now with an eye towards USD in the future. Take one now, if the other progresses take them as well. It fits the "geography" argument and it has already been established that the Gateway is worried that NDSU is to committed to Football. That would leave us with UND looking towards the Big Sky. If the Portland State and Sac State rumors become true, that would be are best bet. IMO This would be the worst case scenario. And don't think that SDSU wouldn't break the package deal in a second, because the would, as I am sure we would. With that said, hopefully there is an announcement on St. Paddy's and we can let the green beer flow like the "Salmon from Capistrano."

IowaBison
03-06-2007, 08:32 PM
1. SDSU/NDSU are a package deal

2. SDSU/NDSU are a much better package than UND/NDSU, UND/SDSU, NDSU/USD, SDSU/USD

3. The Big Sky ship has sailed (and by all appearances it looks like the ship has started ablaze and will sink just outside the harbor)

mikelsch
03-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Wildcard: Gateway is dragging their heels as they have decided that they only want SDSU right now with an eye towards USD in the future. Take one now, if the other progresses take them as well. It fits the "geography" argument and it has already been established that the Gateway is worried that NDSU is to committed to Football. That would leave us with UND looking towards the Big Sky. If the Portland State and Sac State rumors become true, that would be are best bet. IMO This would be the worst case scenario. And don't think that SDSU wouldn't break the package deal in a second, because the would, as I am sure we would. With that said, hopefully there is an announcement on St. Paddy's and we can let the green beer flow like the "Salmon from Capistrano."

0% chance

BISON_Thunder
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
The delay in this Gateway thing is because Gene is trying to figure his ROI (return on investment) for the entry fee...when in 8-10 years, the uxd's pay 5-7X's the XXSU's fee's for conference entry. *Wouldn't this be the essence of satisfaction (i.e., NDSU ultimately having its entry fee paid by und)?

[smiley=huh.gif] :P ;D

56BISON73
03-06-2007, 09:27 PM

He doesnt need any help in that department. PL

Scooter
03-06-2007, 10:08 PM

1. *Since when in this move has SDSU been anything but above board with NDSU?
2. *Why the hell would you want to add USD? *(4 yrs behind the XDSUs)
3. *I like SDSU, but NDSU is the crown jewel in this deal, everyone knows it, even SDSU.
4. *Gateway commisioner had stated that she wants both schools.
5. *ONLY NDSU AND SDSU ARE BEING CONSIDERED
6. *ONLY NDSU AND SDSU ARE BEING CONSIDERED
7. *see point #5
8. *if you don't understand point #5 *maybe point #6 will clear things up.
9. *Stop trying to dream up senarios that to get us in bed with UND. *If history has taught you anything all this will lead to is an NDSU "bum" that will look like a Japanese flag.

ndsubison
03-07-2007, 12:53 AM

I would really like to know where you get your sources. Really. What can SDSU/USD possibly offer what SDSU/NDSU cannot already? Don't even start with the geography bullshit. Of all the 4 Dakota schools, USD has the highest probability of failing miserably. For the Gateway to pick SDSU & wait for (USD), a not quite yet transitional school who has shown Z E R O commitment is foolish. NDSU is not getting into the Big SKy. Neither is und. Quite frankly, the Big Sky and its administration have revealed themselves as posers and their flagships are overrated, at best. If we don't get into the Gateway, let's push for expansion and an autobid in the Great West. The Big Sky schools can't play with us anyway and everybody knows it. Every time they play a top-tier GWFC team they get exposed. And that's on their home turf. Flame away, grizzaholics..... :-*

Bisonguy
03-07-2007, 12:58 AM

I would really like to know where you get your sources. *Really. *What can SDSU/USD possibly offer what SDSU/NDSU cannot already? *Don't even start with the geography bullshit. *Of all the 4 Dakota schools, USD has the highest probability of failing miserably. *For the Gateway to pick SDSU & wait for (USD), a not quite yet transitional school who has shown Z E R O commitment is foolish. *NDSU is not getting into the Big SKy. *Neither is und. *Quite frankly, the Big Sky and its administration have revealed themselves as posers and their flagships are overrated, at best. *If we don't get into the Gateway, let's push for expansion and an autobid in the Great West. *The Big Sky schools can't play with us anyway and everybody knows it. *Every time they play a top-tier GWFC team they get exposed. *And that's on their home turf. *Flame away, grizzaholics..... :-*

Have you read the other thread??

SDbison
03-07-2007, 01:15 AM
I was right. Knew it would be announced by the end of this week! ;)

sambini
03-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Were in ++++

TheDoctor
03-07-2007, 04:03 AM
I was right. *Knew it would be announced by the end of this week! * ;)

Your soooooo smart SDbison! ;)

Bison101
03-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Well, I'm glad my far fetched scenario was only a scenario. Thank goodness we are in the Gateway with SDSU. My only point was that if only SDSU was offered, it would be nearly impossible for them to say no. I think it is pretty obvious that in a Football only conference, NDSU is the much stronger candidate. However, we were hearing things from Gateway reps that NDSU was overly committed. Its all a moot point now!