PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Rocky Hager's in line to coach in my backyard!!

Pards Rule
01-25-2012, 09:30 PM
How bizarre is that? Buried inside the Philadelphia Inquirer's sport section today was an article stating that the HC of Cherry Hill NJ West HS (10 minutes from my lair) was resigning. THE person mentioned as his likely successor is Rocky who is an assistant with the Lions. I didnt even know he was on the staff (I graduated from Shawnee HS in nearby Medford NJ). So cool!

DjKyRo
01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Good for him. Glad Rocky can be an HC again, guy deserves it like heck.

CaBisonFan
01-25-2012, 09:36 PM
If you see any articles...would you give us a link? Thanks for the news.

I loved his interview down in Frisco. He said that there really is no limit to what this program can do.

Pards Rule
01-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Im now like the six degrees of Bisonville! Have to go out this fall to say hi to Rocky!

Pards Rule
01-25-2012, 09:38 PM
sorry about that - here is: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/high_school/new_jersey/20120124_Scerbo_steps_down_as_Cherry_Hill_West_coa ch.html

Tatanka
01-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Im now like the six degrees of Bisonville! Have to go out this fall to say hi to Rocky!

Make sure you show him the hat and some pictures from Frisco. He'll appreciate it.

HandoEX
01-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Those are going to be the luckiest HS kids in the world. Rocky is a legend!

344Johnson
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Those are going to be the luckiest HS kids in the world. Rocky is a legend!

Unfortunately, a lot of his accomplishments came from too long ago and too far away for them to appreciate what he did.

CAS4127
01-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Position is not his yet--a couple of hurdles, but looks fairly promising.

What's the over/under on a Forum story tomorrow now that this is on BV??'

NFH Schlüssel
01-26-2012, 12:02 AM
How bizarre is that? Buried inside the Philadelphia Inquirer's sport section today was an article stating that the HC of Cherry Hill NJ West HS (10 minutes from my lair) was resigning. THE person mentioned as his likely successor is Rocky who is an assistant with the Lions. I didnt even know he was on the staff (I graduated from Shawnee HS in nearby Medford NJ). So cool!

Where did the Philly Area Alumni watch the game? I had to watch with my dopey neighbors who wouldn't shut up during the game!

IzzyFlexion
01-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Where did the Philly Area Alumni watch the game? I had to watch with my dopey neighbors who wouldn't shut up during the game!

There is an "Alumni Watch Party" list/thread somewhere a few pages back. I'm way too lazy to look for you. Now if your car is stuck in the snow north of the "new fieldhouse", I'm a terrific helper! :biggrin:

So glad you're on here Flipper.

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2012, 02:44 AM
Rocky is my favorite Bison Coach. He was simply outstanding and bled green and gold.

344Johnson
01-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Rocky is my favorite Bison Coach. He was simply outstanding and bled green and gold.

Wasn't alive to watch his teams play when they were awesome, and was too little to remember the times I watched them playing Northern Colorado when the Bison were in down in Colorado...but from the clips of him talking and such, gotta love him.

Pards Rule
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM

I dont know as I missed on both counts - Im not a NDSU alum (I went to that little school on the hill in Easton PA - Lafayette College) BUT I went to Frisco to cheer the Bison on. My connection with the Bison started Sept 1, 2010 when I flew to Fargo a few days ahead of the NDSU-Lafayette game. So, my leopard and I are 2-0 watching the Bison in person so far! Maybe we have a Bison party at my place in Cherry Hill. I believe a lot of HS games are played on Friday night around here after a slew of schools got lights in the last 15 years so maybe Rocky would be free?

Pards Rule
01-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Make sure you show him the hat and some pictures from Frisco. He'll appreciate it.

Of course, CAS was a prince and sent me the hat and a nice long sleever in champ gear. We can start Bison viewing parties at Kaminsky's right around the corner from my place (sports bar in Cherry Hill with plenty of TVs).

NFH Schlüssel
01-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I dont know as I missed on both counts - Im not a NDSU alum (I went to that little school on the hill in Easton PA - Lafayette College) BUT I went to Frisco to cheer the Bison on. My connection with the Bison started Sept 1, 2010 when I flew to Fargo a few days ahead of the NDSU-Lafayette game. So, my leopard and I are 2-0 watching the Bison in person so far! Maybe we have a Bison party at my place in Cherry Hill. I believe a lot of HS games are played on Friday night around here after a slew of schools got lights in the last 15 years so maybe Rocky would be free?

In that case, don't believe ANYTHING anyone tells you about me!

FYI: NDSU has distance education... http://www.ndsu.edu/dce/degrees/graduate

Pards Rule
01-27-2012, 12:50 PM
In that case, don't believe ANYTHING anyone tells you about me!

FYI: NDSU has distance education... http://www.ndsu.edu/dce/degrees/graduate

HMMMM, thanks! Did not know! Perhaps I can be a Bison after all!!

KC Bison
01-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Current coach's record at Cherry Hill is 17-43 and is quitting to devote more time to his family. I've noticed that a lot of 17-43 coaches are more family oriented than the coaches that are 43-17.

walknroehl
01-29-2012, 03:26 PM

Awesome. I've noticed Pards Rule stuck around the boards after the lafayette game. It really is becoming Bison Nation. Very cool.

EndZoneQB
01-29-2012, 05:33 PM
One question: Is there still that White Castle in Cherry Hill?

Pards Rule
01-30-2012, 12:46 PM
One question: Is there still that White Castle in Cherry Hill?

No..one of the closest ones is, however, at LAFAYETTE Rd. & Route 1 in Metuchen NJ. If you guys come to Lafayette College there is a brand new one that opened in November 2011 in the Lehigh Valley on MacArthur Rd. just a block off US 22 in Allentown, PA. That was my last visit to a Castle, the day after the Lehigh game.

Pards Rule
01-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Awesome. I've noticed Pards Rule stuck around the boards after the lafayette game. It really is becoming Bison Nation. Very cool.

Indeed - not only that but I also sauntered down to Frisco to cheer the Bison on! Tatanka, CAS, Izzy SDBison, TAB (with that fur!!) etc will testify to that!

mhyer63
01-31-2012, 10:17 PM

Loved his spirit, 364 days of hell as he put it when he lost to the Sioux.

NDSUFan_Sav
02-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Indeed - not only that but I also sauntered down to Frisco to cheer the Bison on! Tatanka, CAS, Izzy SDBison, TAB (with that fur!!) etc will testify to that!

I saw you down in Frisco as well.....glad you could make it!