PDA

View Full Version : New User Registration

tony
01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
There's going to be a manual approval process until further notice.

If you have had trouble getting registered before now, it's not because you were rejected, it's because the email address was wrong or the confirmation email was rejected on your end as spam (I've also seen some confirmation emails rejected with "mailbox full" messages.)

bisonmike2
01-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Is this to cut down on the number of Lakes alts because they're kind of amusing? We should have a contest to see how long he can disguise himself before eventually outing himself in a UND thread. Right now I'd guess his record is 3 hours.

aces1180
01-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Is this to cut down on the number of Lakes alts because they're kind of amusing? We should have a contest to see how long he can disguise himself before eventually outing himself in a UND thread. Right now I'd guess his record is 3 hours.

My question is where is LakesDouche? That person was hilarious after the UND game.

duluthbison
01-24-2012, 07:00 PM

That would probably be my guess....While I've never met Tony, I think he dislikes all of lakes' accounts as much as lakes hates UND threads, if thats possible.

DjKyRo
01-24-2012, 07:03 PM
I think he dislikes all of lakes' accounts as much as lakes hates UND threads, if thats possible.

That's like me comparing my microwave to the Chernobyl meltdown.

tony
01-24-2012, 10:17 PM

I don't like that he uses this site as a platform to spread lies. That's a no-no.

Anyway, he needs better back stories because the "Hi, I'm a dumbass from _______" routine is tired and overused. Just off the top of my head, I remember "Hi, I'm a new student at NDSU from a HS in NW Minnesota who ran into Rod Portly at an unknown event", "Hi, I'm a dumbass from Bemidji", "Hi, I'm a dumbass from Rothsay", "Hi, I'm a dumbass from Texas or something", etc. Them there was the "Hi, I'm an enrolled member of Standing Rock" which was just freaking wrong on a lot of different levels.

You'd think that he could come up with something with more depth and dramatic possibilities. Good research material here:

http://americandad.wikia.com/wiki/Roger's_Disguises

He should give it a little more effort than the usual "I'll create a gmail account with my new bisonville handle as the user name and call it a day." :)

TbonZach
01-25-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't like that he uses this site as a platform to spread lies. That's a no-no.

Anyway, he needs better back stories because the "Hi, I'm a dumbass from _______" routine is tired and overused. Just off the top of my head, I remember "Hi, I'm a new student at NDSU from a HS in NW Minnesota who ran into Rod Portly at an unknown event", "Hi, I'm a dumbass from Bemidji", "Hi, I'm a dumbass from Rothsay", "Hi, I'm a dumbass from Texas or something", etc. Them there was the "Hi, I'm an enrolled member of Standing Rock" which was just freaking wrong on a lot of different levels.

You'd think that he could come up with something with more depth and dramatic possibilities. Good research material here:

He should give it a little more effort than the usual "I'll create a gmail account with my new bisonville handle as the user name and call it a day." :)

Can't you block IP addresses? Or is it:

A) he uses a different IPA every time
B) not quite that simple
C) not possible
D) all of the above

P.S. Reps for the link

bisonmike2
01-25-2012, 02:45 PM

Did you ever think that maybe Lakes has multiple personalities and he actually believes everything he types is true?

duluthbison
01-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Did you ever think that maybe Lakes has multiple personalities and he actually believes everything he types is true?

No, I think it royally pisses him off that he is banned here...he gets ridiculed for it on other boards.

tony
01-25-2012, 05:59 PM

Despite having different fake locations, all the different lakesbison accounts display the same, easily-identified personality. He has mono-personality disorder.

bisonmike2
01-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Despite having different fake locations, all the different lakesbison accounts display the same, easily-identified personality. He has mono-personality disorder.

All I know that I've gotten alot of rep points from Lakes' alts because I'll call him out in a thread and then he'll rep me and say "sorry, nice try but I'm not Lakes". So the more Lakes alts, the more rep for me. I think if I get a couple hundred more rep points I'll finally have enough for that Bisonville leather jacket and $25 gift certificate to the Turf.

DjKyRo
01-25-2012, 07:25 PM
All I know that I've gotten alot of rep points from Lakes' alts because I'll call him out in a thread and then he'll rep me and say "sorry, nice try but I'm not Lakes". So the more Lakes alts, the more rep for me. I think if I get a couple hundred more rep points I'll finally have enough for that Bisonville leather jacket and $25 gift certificate to the Turf.

That's strange, he's neg-repped me every time that happens.

bisonmike2
01-25-2012, 07:49 PM

Yeah but I usually back-hand compliment him. Like "great idea Lakes!"

IzzyFlexion
01-26-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah but I usually back-hand compliment him. Like "great idea Lakes!"

Whore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bisonmike2
01-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Whore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!!! I got kids to feed!

TransAmBison
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey!!! I got a mouth to feed!fify........

tony
02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Just so you know, about half the new registrations since this policy have been foreign spam addresses.

Check out the newest user from today, btw...

HandoEX
02-03-2012, 08:28 PM
I actually went to high school with someone named dogcrap.

admin
03-26-2012, 08:31 PM
I forgot to check new member applications for several days... sorry for the delay, folks.

56BISON73
03-26-2012, 08:38 PM

I am shocked.

THEsocalledfan
03-27-2012, 05:56 PM
Just so you know, about half the new registrations since this policy have been foreign spam addresses.

Check out the newest user from today, btw...

Hey, don't turn those spammers away; TAB is always recruiting new members!

admin
04-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Holy carp, I think the site's CAPCHA is broken... lots of new registrations every day and I'm rejecting most of them.

Some things I look for:

1. Foreign IP addresses... I just don't think Bison football is that big in the Phillipines or Bangladesh.
2. User names that show up on 100+ other vBulletin boards.

Anyway, after spring ball, I'll be doing a site update and put in some new anti-spammer measures. If your registration was rejected in error, I apologize.

1998braves64
04-12-2012, 01:03 AM
1. Foreign IP addresses... I just don't think Bison football is that big in the Phillipines or Bangladesh.

You sure TAB isn't recruiting new members to his church?

TransAmBison
04-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Holy carp, I think the site's CAPCHA is broken... lots of new registrations every day and I'm rejecting most of them.

Some things I look for:

Anyway, after spring ball, I'll be doing a site update and put in some new anti-spammer measures. If your registration was rejected in error, I apologize.

How little you know...the Holy Order reaches to all in need. You would do well to listen to brother 1998braves64.