PDA

View Full Version : Capital One Cup

westnodak93bison
01-24-2012, 05:17 PM
I just heard Golic and "Greeny" on a 710am ad. "Greeny" mistakenly said "North Dakota" instead of NDSU. I say we bombard them with emails/calls and demand a correction and apology!

http://www.capitalonecup.com/standings.html

MNLonghorn10
01-24-2012, 06:40 PM
wow. k ill see if i can fit that into my agenda.

Bison-Knuckle
01-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah, imagine the out-roar if a national media would say "Michigan" instead of "Michigan State", or "Florida" instead of "Florida State"...etc, etc, etc. But when it's North Dakota, no one really gives two $hits besides us. Unfortunate

MNLonghorn10
01-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah, imagine the out-roar if a national media would say "Michigan" instead of "Michigan State", or "Florida" instead of "Florida State"...etc, etc, etc. But when it's North Dakota, no one really gives two $hits besides us. Unfortunate
probably 20 fans would care of the bigger schools.

and for ndsu, only 2 fans care.

CaBisonFan
01-24-2012, 08:02 PM
I just heard Golic and "Greeny" on a 710am ad. "Greeny" mistakenly said "North Dakota" instead of NDSU. I say we bombard them with emails/calls and demand a correction and apology!

http://www.capitalonecup.com/standings.html

But do you think that the Michigan State Wolverines would care if it happened to them? How about the UCLA Trojans...er the Oregon Beavers...r the Florida Seminoles?

westnodak93bison
01-25-2012, 12:28 AM
wow. k ill see if i can fit that into my agenda.

Thanks for the post Mr. Positive.

CAS4127
01-25-2012, 12:45 AM
If we tie do they split the $$$?? Srsly!!

Twentysix
01-25-2012, 07:16 PM
If we tie do they split the $$$?? Srsly!!

We won't tie cause UNC will win points in mens basketball.

Division I schools earn points for top ten finishes in NCAA Championships and final official coaches' polls.

NorthernBison
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
We do fine in the Fall in these types of competitions. We will get killed by the time it is over due to having fewer sports. The same thing happened in DII. Enjoy now for what it is.

Hammerhead
01-25-2012, 07:39 PM
We did finish 91st in the Director's Cup last year which is 15th-highest for schools that are in the FCS or do not have a football team.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/directorscup/auto_pdf/2010-11/misc_non_event/finald12011.pdf

Eight of the FCS teams ahead of NDSU are in the Ivy League who tend to have well-funded athletic teams.

BisonTeacher
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Craig Bohl cares....just see the interview with the ESPN gal right after the big win. So ...ESPN has already been told once. Oh wait...twice...they did put up the Sioux logo at the beginning of the softball game last year.

I wonder why they haven't circulated an interoffice memo providing everyone with the correct info?

westnodak93bison
01-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Craig Bohl cares....just see the interview with the ESPN gal right after the big win. So ...ESPN has already been told once. Oh wait...twice...they did put up the Sioux logo at the beginning of the softball game last year.

I wonder why they haven't circulated an interoffice memo providing everyone with the correct info?

Confusing on how the undisputed king of sports coverage can make the mistake time and time again.

Hammerhead
01-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I guess they think "North Dakota" beat "Texas" for the FCS championship. :)

Twentysix
01-27-2012, 03:04 AM
We did finish 91st in the Director's Cup last year which is 15th-highest for schools that are in the FCS or do not have a football team.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/directorscup/auto_pdf/2010-11/misc_non_event/finald12011.pdf

Eight of the FCS teams ahead of NDSU are in the Ivy League who tend to have well-funded athletic teams.

The ivy's rack up points in things like rowing and squash, not the sports we are competing in. Villanova or maybe UNI are the only FCS non ivys that would have a shot at winning this imo. Of course UNI would have to learn how to win a title.

It seems like other than football, all of NDSU's awesome athlete's are girls. Track softball and golf would all be capable of winning points. Volleyball and soccer would be in a really good year.

I just don't see much other than football getting points for the men, maybe wrestling or track?

roadwarrior
02-12-2012, 06:23 AM
During the Creighton basketball game this afternoon there was an advertisement for the Capital One Cup, and they showed a short video clip of the trophy presentation in Frisco, along with highlights from other schools. Then they showed a chart with us tied for the lead.

I was curious as to how the points were awarded, so I checked their website. NDSU currently has 60 points. For major sports such as football, basketball, and lacrosse?, 60 points are awarded for first place. For non-major sports such as rifle, fencing, and hockey, 20 points are awarded for first place.

BE HERD
02-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Capital One Cup commercial was aired on ESPN2 last night during the Xavier/Temple mens basketball game. Our shot of the team with the trophy and confetti flying was awesome! Great exposure for the Bison!

IzzyFlexion
02-12-2012, 01:43 PM
During the Creighton basketball game this afternoon there was an advertisement for the Capital One Cup, and they showed a short video clip of the trophy presentation in Frisco, along with highlights from other schools. Then they showed a chart with us tied for the lead.

I was curious as to how the points were awarded, so I checked their website. NDSU currently has 60 points. For major sports such as football, basketball, and lacrosse?, 60 points are awarded for first place. For non-major sports such as rifle, fencing, and hockey, 20 points are awarded for first place.

Well, there's your hole in credibility there Mr. Capitol One!....................
Hockey, a non-major sport?!?!?!?!
ButtBlasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE HERD
02-12-2012, 01:48 PM
I was able to back up the footage and pause it on my DVR. Here is the breakdown of the Mens Cup Standings as last night:
1. Alabama
1. North Carolina
1. North Dakota State
4. Oklahoma State
5. UCLA
6. LSU
6. Sam Houston State
6. UNC-Charlotte
9. Georgia Southern
10. Stanford

Tatanka
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM

I was curious as to how the points were awarded, so I checked their website. NDSU currently has 60 points. For major sports such as football, basketball, and lacrosse?, 60 points are awarded for first place. For non-major sports such as rifle, fencing, and hockey, 20 points are awarded for first place.lacrosse > (rifle | fencing | hockey)

Got it. ;)

Twentysix
02-12-2012, 02:31 PM
lacrosse > (rifle | fencing | hockey)

Got it. ;)

Don't forget soccer, thats why UNC is tied with us.

FBS champion, FCS champion, Soccer champion.

IzzyFlexion
02-12-2012, 03:17 PM
What about Rodeo?
Is our Rodeo team kicking ass this year?
I do know this..................they have some ridonkulous Bison team jackets.
Did you guys see those things on those NDSU Rodeo dudes in Frisco? I gotta get me one of those.

MNLonghorn10
02-12-2012, 03:48 PM
i wasnt thinkin theyd show ndsu after ucla volleyball(yay spandex) and unc mens soccer..but by golly they did hahaha. pretty cool

Bison03
02-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Saw that commercial for the Capital One Cup numerous times during the day on ESPN, ESPN2 while watching basketball. Continued great recognition and exposure for NDSU thanks to a football national championship. That being said, I'm sure more people were watching UND hockey nationally on Fox College Sports than watch college basketball all day on a saturday.

roadwarrior
02-25-2012, 04:17 PM
NDSU continues to get air time on the Capital One Cup commercial that seems to be played during almost every D-I basketball game that I have watched this month.

FCSFan
03-25-2020, 07:11 PM
Will Capital One still hand out the Scholarship dollars and make NDSU, LSU, Georgetown co champions by default?
https://www.capitalonecup.com/docs/2019-2020_COC_CompleteStandings.pdf

oldmantutters
03-25-2020, 11:08 PM
Will Capital One still hand out the Scholarship dollars and make NDSU, LSU, Georgetown co champions by default?
https://www.capitalonecup.com/docs/2019-2020_COC_CompleteStandings.pdfNDSU should win since they were a conference champ and qualified for the dance.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk