PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Senior: Daniel Eaves

tony
01-22-2012, 04:36 PM
A four-year player who helped turn around NDSU's secondary completely from the disastrous "no-defense" year to a championship-level force.

I'm so glad that Eaves made it back for the championship game. First, he missed the Gopher game and a couple others and then got injured again in the Lehigh game (but managed to haul in an interception) - certainly not the smoothest of senior seasons, especially considering how great his junior season was.

He's also the guy who caught Taiwan Jones from behind (although it took me a while to give him credit for that.)

Thanks, Daniel!

Bisondan
01-22-2012, 04:39 PM
A true champion! Thanks for everything Daniel!

IzzyFlexion
01-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Glad this tribute was started.
Because I brag constantly about his high school pedigree, I'm a huge Danny Eaves fan.
He and I exchanged some "let's make something happen out there Wildcat style" dialogue during the 1st quarter in Frisco.
Love that kid. I am so proud of him.
His 4th quarter hit that caused the fumble in the Kansas game last year was the dagger!!
Good luck in all that you do, Danny. You are a champion!

http://www.illinoispigskin.com/helmets/thronton-il.gif The Beast of the East, baby!

tony
01-22-2012, 04:52 PM
His 4th quarter hit that caused the fumble in the Kansas game last year was the dagger!!
Good luck in all that you do, Danny. You are a champion!

Yeah, he put on some big hits but was a very clean player too.

I think that Eaves had two personal fouls called on him in his career and both were "questionable" (one against SDSU and I can't remember what game the other was in except that it caused a Marcus Williams interception to be nullified - anybody remember what game that was?)

IzzyFlexion
01-22-2012, 04:54 PM

I think that Eaves had two personal fouls called on him in his career and both were "questionable" (one against SDSU and I can't remember what game the other was in except that it caused a Marcus Williams interception to be nullified - anybody remember what game that was?)

I'm pretty sure he got a PF flag during the Northern Iowa game 2 years ago after Paschall was run into the wall.

KSBisonFan
01-22-2012, 06:54 PM

^^^^^This! Would have loved to see him on the field more this year. Good luck Daniel!

westnodak93bison
01-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Congrats on a great career. Too bad he was so dinged up his senior season. Best of luck to him.

17>1
01-24-2012, 09:54 PM

Maybe Lafayette or St. Francis. It seemed like it was one of the early games, but I'm not 100% sure. The SDSU call was crap. The other, probably a good call. The receiver was pretty defenseless on that play if I remember right.

17>1
01-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Also, thanks for a great career Daniel. Really felt like we had a good safety valve back there when he was in. Did anyone else feel like he's been in the Bison program forever? I guess if you play significant minutes as a freshman and beyond, then it probably seems that way. Kind of get that same feeling about Alex Yaggie, the LB, who to me seems like he's been around for awhile.

CAS4127
01-25-2012, 12:09 AM
@Tony's question: I think the PF was the Lafayette game--bad call IMO. I had forgotten about his TJones tackle!!

He may have gotten a look but for injuries!

Thanks, Daniel!!

NDstateBison81
01-25-2012, 12:26 AM
I had D.Eaves as a coach at an NDSU football camp this year, great guy, great attitude, he came every day with a big smile.haha.... Great man. NDSU needs more safeties like Daniel.