PDA

View Full Version : Position changes?

Scooter1
01-21-2012, 05:49 PM
When you look at the roster, what guys do you think would be better off moved to a different position? Here are some of mine.

1. ESLEY Thorton. He is a talented. athlete who is wasted behind Jensen. There is a group that would like to see him moved to safety, I think he may help the team more at WR. He is smart, big at 6'3", can run, and most important, already knows the routes. Let's not forget that he has a good arm.

2. Aireal Boyd: With Zach Colvin, Jordan Champion, Bryan Shepherd and CJ Smith all looking for playing time, he may get lost in the mix. Heagle, Ollman, Gion, VanVoorhis, Veldman and Sonnenfeld appear to have FS & SS covered. I say, let the kid run down the field. Move him to WR.

3. Anthony LaVoy: There is a huge log jam on the defensive line. Did. anyone else notice him lead blocking on the fake punt? He can haul ass. He was listed at 284, if he comes in at 295, maybe we can score again like we did with Gimmestad. There are 5 guys on the DL who will be R-FR. Two of those guys look ready to go right now.

Any thoughts

(Every time I preview the post, it changes Esley to Lesley.)

roadwarrior
01-21-2012, 05:50 PM
One thought. Esley might want his name spelled correctly.

Scooter1
01-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Damn autocorrect on my kindle!! F'IT!.... I WANT HIM TO ALSO CHANGE HIS NAME.

Really hard to type posts on a kindle with big fingers also.

CAS4127
01-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I have actually thought Anthony could play OL. He played some in HS, and also played TE. I think he was also Mahnomen's punter as a JR and SR, and also placed at state in the shotput and discuss.

Mr. Burgundy
01-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Andrew Bonnet from Fullback to Defensive End. Just a hunch...

JT64
01-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I have actually thought Anthony could play OL. He played some in HS, and also played TE. I think he was also Mahnomen's punter as a JR and SR, and also placed at state in the shotput and discuss.

State champ in shot put Mahnoomen historian

CAS4127
01-21-2012, 06:09 PM

State champ in shot put Mahnoomen historian

Is this who I think it is??!!

Learn how to qoute rather than copy/paste uloser!!

JT64
01-21-2012, 06:12 PM
you know who it is correcting you as always

CAS4127
01-21-2012, 06:22 PM
you know who it is correcting you as always

Ha!! How the he'll did u make through the Bisonville vetting process??!!

Also, to quote a post when replying, CLICK "Reply with quote"-->got it.

BTW, LaVoy would be the best OL from Mahnomen to ever play in college. Just sayin!!:)

JT64
01-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Ha!! How the he'll did u make through the Bisonville vetting process??!!

Also, to quote a post when replying, CLICK "Reply with quote"-->got it.

BTW, LaVoy would be the best OL from Mahnomen to ever play in college. Just sayin!!:)

Agreed 5 feet in the shot is a lot

CAS4127
01-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Agreed 5 feet in the shot is a lot

What??!! Either that's a typo or you still have some weird sort of a sense of humor-->nothin' changes I guess.

Bisonwinagn
01-21-2012, 06:32 PM
I don't see any reason to move a QB when he is currently 2nd on the depth chart. If he ends up 4th then move him, but it's important to keep the three best players in that position. Remember it wasn't long ago that we had to play three QB's because of injury. If he doesn't play then so be it, but he shouldn't move unless he isn't good enough at QB.

JT64
01-21-2012, 06:32 PM
check your inbox

KSBisonFan
01-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Do we have a RB we can move to Punter and not worry about the punting duties for a couple years?

ndsubison1
01-21-2012, 06:44 PM
i dont think esley will be moved but i think dudzik or shepard will be moved to FS

coloradobison
01-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Do we have a RB we can move to Punter and not worry about the punting duties for a couple years?
We redshirted a punter this year.

jimmyptubas
01-22-2012, 08:54 AM
What does our situation at place kicker look like?

stevdock
01-22-2012, 01:42 PM
What does our situation at place kicker look like?

I believe we have kid who we recruited from down south who will next year be a Sophomore. From what I remember he's got a big leg but his accuracy has been inconsistent, which is one reason why I don't believe we have seen him at all yet.

A1pigskin
01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
E.T. getting some reps at WR may not be a bad idea. However, we do need him if Brock gets seriously injured.

EmbdenBison
01-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I believe we have kid who we recruited from down south who will next year be a Sophomore. From what I remember he's got a big leg but his accuracy has been inconsistent, which is one reason why I don't believe we have seen him at all yet.

Nate Keller from PA will be a redshirt freshman.

herdmember
01-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Nate Keller from PA will be a redshirt freshman.

Redshirt sophomore, right? The punter LeCompte will be a redshirt freshman. Correct on from PA, but it's Adam Keller. Nate was from VC.

bisonmike2
01-22-2012, 04:33 PM
I say Esley stays at QB. We need players at the QB position. Thorton is one hit away from being the starter.

IzzyFlexion
01-22-2012, 04:35 PM
I say Esley stays at QB. We need players at the QB position. Thorton is one hit away from being the starter.

yup, yup, and yup.
He knows his role.
It was fun re-watching that 2010 recruiting summary video.
Thorton sure looks like a blue chip QB in those clips.

herdmember
01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
To piggyback on the last couple of posts, when a program is fully built you should rarely have anyone younger than a junior/senior starting at QB. We are finally set up this way. We have gotten used to having freshman/sophomores playing at QB and start to think that's the norm. It's a great luxury to have a QB have 2 or 3 or 4 years in the system prior to starting. The other difference now is if a guy doesn't work out, we will have fallback options. It's a good time to be a Bison fan.