PDA

View Full Version : The Chant Revised - Let's change this very bad situation to a positive

Herd
01-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey, I was a bison in the late 80's/early 90's and grew up with the S' Suck, S' Suck Shit chants. But to be honest, in 2012 I want no part of it . . . I don't like it, I don't want to here it. Why? It has nothing to do with defaming American Indians (because it really has nothing to do with that in the first place), the intent is hatred toward the school the north, and nothing to do with indigenous people.

But what does the chant accomplish in 2012? It makes ndsu look really bad (for lots of reasons), and it gives und relevance. Why do ndsu fans insist on giving relevance to the school to the north, even when we are not playing them? That, as an ndsu fan in 2012, is what I do not understand. While und fans moan and cry about this ndsu chant, it is really very satisfying for them. Hey, they are actually relevant at ndsu . . . why would ndsu fans want to confirm that? It makes me sick to hear the chant, and the inevitable aftermath.

For those of you small minded people who insist on chanting S' Suck, or S' Suck Shit (regardless of who we are playing) . . . could a modified chant be developed that does not have the work Sioux in it. Wouldn't that satisfy everyone involved, and really piss off the school to the north (because then they could not longer scream racisim which is deep down very satisfying to them in the first place). They would be stuck trying to figure out how they could write editorial and newpaper articles when no sioux word is uttered.

I don't have the alterntive chant answer, but I'm sure that someone does. Can't we get some momentum around this issue and make a change. Surely there is a alternative Win-Win.

Alternative Chant Ideas: Requirement, the following 3 words cannot be used. (Shit, Suck, Sioux)

Response to "Here we go bison, here we go"
Fire Trucks
Who Schmucks
True U (no reference to und)

Post your chant ideas . . . them mods, could we put this to a vote at a later date, trying to get some momentum away from the current inappropriate chant.

TransAmBison
01-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Let's go Bison. My work here is done.

Herd
01-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Ya I wish . . . but the change is for the inevitable "Here we go bison, here we go" response. I wish this chant could be filed away as you suggest, but that is not going to happen.

4mcruenomore
01-21-2012, 01:34 PM
How about we just keep the chant, and beat them on the court or field for once?

extremerouge
01-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Fire Trucks
Who Schmucks
True U (no reference to und)

Post your chant ideas . . . them mods, could we put this to a vote at a later date, trying to get some momentum away from the current inappropriate chant.

How about "State U"

herdmember
01-21-2012, 03:04 PM

++++++++

We should never mention them when not playing them. This makes us sound like the little brother, when in reality it should be the other way around. Mentioning them in any way, shape or form when not playing them is a complete embarrassment to our fan base.

Hammersmith
01-21-2012, 04:22 PM
This. "Here We Go Bison" can't be salvaged.

TbonZach
01-21-2012, 04:53 PM

This. "Here We Go Bison" can't be salvaged.

"Let's go Bison. Sioux suck. Yes they do." Just sayin'.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-21-2012, 06:00 PM
here we go bison, here we go....jacks suck shit

coldspot
01-21-2012, 07:08 PM
the sioux dont suck, but UND swallows

CAS4127
01-22-2012, 12:03 AM
When UND and their fans actually retire the nickname, the chant will inevitably go away-->Sioux
Suck. I am suck and tired if them trying to put this back on us-->eff them!!

abc123
01-22-2012, 06:15 AM
When UND and their fans actually retire the nickname, the chant will inevitably go away-->Sioux

Doubtful that it would stop. Regardless, the media will continue to put it back on the opposing team. In their eyes (fair or unfair) to the opposing fans, UND has retired the nickname, regardless of what the fans of UND chant or wear. I've said it before and I keep saying it, get used to hearing about the blame being put on opposing fans, particularly NDSU. Easy fodder for headlines...

UTH
01-22-2012, 06:55 AM
Hey, I was a bison in the late 80's/early 90's and grew up with the S' Suck, S' Suck Shit chants. But to be honest, in 2012 I want no part of it . . . I don't like it, I don't want to here it. Why? It has nothing to do with defaming American Indians (because it really has nothing to do with that in the first place), the intent is hatred toward the school the north, and nothing to do with indigenous people.

But what does the chant accomplish in 2012? It makes ndsu look really bad (for lots of reasons), and it gives und relevance. Why do ndsu fans insist on giving relevance to the school to the north, even when we are not playing them? That, as an ndsu fan in 2012, is what I do not understand. While und fans moan and cry about this ndsu chant, it is really very satisfying for them. Hey, they are actually relevant at ndsu . . . why would ndsu fans want to confirm that? It makes me sick to hear the chant, and the inevitable aftermath.

For those of you small minded people who insist on chanting S' Suck, or S' Suck Shit (regardless of who we are playing) . . . could a modified chant be developed that does not have the work Sioux in it. Wouldn't that satisfy everyone involved, and really piss off the school to the north (because then they could not longer scream racisim which is deep down very satisfying to them in the first place). They would be stuck trying to figure out how they could write editorial and newpaper articles when no sioux word is uttered.

I don't have the alterntive chant answer, but I'm sure that someone does. Can't we get some momentum around this issue and make a change. Surely there is a alternative Win-Win.

Alternative Chant Ideas: Requirement, the following 3 words cannot be used. (Shit, Suck, Sioux)

^^^^This^^^^

How about: "Jacks Suck!"* That other one has been losing relevance at an exponential rate for years - except for those who live in PL's little world**

*like SAV said
**with lakes being permabanned, somebody has to take up some of the slack in giving PL relevance:biggrin:

WYOBISONMAN
01-22-2012, 12:49 PM

Charlie......could you be a bit more direct? I am not sure where you are coming from...... ;)

MN_BISON
01-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Doubtful that it would stop. Regardless, the media will continue to put it back on the opposing team. In their eyes (fair or unfair) to the opposing fans, UND has retired the nickname, regardless of what the fans of UND chant or wear. I've said it before and I keep saying it, get used to hearing about the blame being put on opposing fans, particularly NDSU. Easy fodder for headlines...

Really, been to the Ralph in the last week or so? Was that an indain head at center ice? What's that a picture of on teh hockey jerseys? Oh that's right they couldn't get new ones unti the regular season was over, yes, that's it. :uhyeah:

TbonZach
01-22-2012, 04:21 PM

And this would be different from any other year.... how? We accepted a long time ago that UND doesn't take blame for anything. Especially when they can pass it onto NDSU.

SDbison
01-22-2012, 04:22 PM
What worries me is all the PC people around that insist on trying to "re-educate" people on what should and shouldn't be said. Sioux Suck will go away whenever it goes away. All your preaching and insisting and berating won't make any difference.
My concern is all the touchy sensitive words now, the double standards and crap. Next there will be laws against certain speaking. Slippery slope. Just sayin..........

BlueBisonRock
01-22-2012, 07:20 PM
What worries me is all the PC people around that insist on trying to "re-educate" people on what should and shouldn't be said. Sioux Suck will go away whenever it goes away. All your preaching and insisting and berating won't make any difference.
My concern is all the touchy sensitive words now, the double standards and crap. Next there will be laws against certain speaking. Slippery slope. Just sayin..........

You really should not be calling something slippery!

:hide: