PDA

View Full Version : Who voted how and who switched?

NDSU1980
03-08-2007, 09:16 PM
OK, rumor-mill has it final vote was 5-2 after a preliminary vote of 4-3. If true, any leaks on who voted no and who switched to let us in? Let the speculation begin.

DORMIE
03-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Does it really matter? We're in!!! Who are you trying to piss off? Must be a slow day.

Bison101
03-08-2007, 09:55 PM
SIU, Mo-State and Illinois State have publically said in a round about way that they voted yes as they had pro-expansion statements out today. That leaves UNI and WIU who was a for sure yes, My guess, YSU and Indiana State. However, the Mo-state AD making pro-statements to save face wouldn't surprise me so it could be Mo-state instead of YSU.

NDSU1980
03-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Does it really matter? We're in!!! Who are you trying to piss off? Must be a slow day.

Not trying to iritate anyone. In fact, I'd like to know who we owe a big thank you to.

DenverBison05
03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
SIU, Mo-State and Illinois State have publically said in a round about way that they voted yes as they had pro-expansion statements out today. That leaves UNI *and WIU who was a for sure yes, My guess, YSU and Indiana State. However, the Mo-state AD making pro-statements to save face wouldn't surprise me so it could be Mo-state instead of YSU. *

YSU's AD started the talk between the xDSUs and the Gateway, furthermore throughout the process they have constantly supported the enterance of the xDSUs, so its hard to figure out why you would think it was them that voted no. :-?

Mr._Bill
03-09-2007, 12:20 AM
YSU wanted the Bison/Jacks in for several reasons, one of which was to pave the way for their departure if a MAC offer ever cropped up. They also want to see a strong gateway.

Bison101
03-09-2007, 01:49 AM
I guess I was thinking in terms of travel for a reason YSU not wanting us. Shows what I know. So with that being said, its got to be Mo-State and Indiana State. Sounds like SIU was the clencher though. We should send them some flowers, chocolate and whatever else to say thanks...or, we could just cheer them on in the Big Dance as they are position to get a 3 or 4 seed.

BearsCountry
03-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Everything I heard out of Springfield since the meeting in St. Louis has been postivie about the XDSU's.

tony
03-09-2007, 10:29 AM
5-2 was the minimum needed to get in. However, it hardly makes sense to add two members only to alienate two others, so I doubt any school had strong feelings about not adding the xDSUs.

Gully
03-09-2007, 10:32 AM
I guess the main thing is that we got in. The DI move has gone almost perfectly. The only thing that could be better is eventually getting into the Missouri Valley. I know.....I'm getting greedy, we haven't even played a game in the mid-con yet. I'm thinking 8-10 years down the road.

Hammersmith
03-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I guess the main thing is that we got in. *The DI move has gone almost perfectly. *The only thing that could be better is eventually getting into the Missouri Valley. *I know.....I'm getting greedy, we haven't even played a game in the mid-con yet. *I'm thinking 8-10 years down the road.
Competely agree and I'm greedy too. My not-so-secret hope is that the MVC pulls the Gateway back in in preparation for a FBS move in 10-15 years. They'll need schools that are ready for the upgrade, so they grab us and SDSU for full MVC membership. We get FBS football and high/mid-major basketball; who'd need a WAC attack then? ;) :)

2006gwfcchamps
03-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah but who else in the MVC has the capacity to pull off FBS football?

Drake doesn't even have scholarship football and along with UNI are pretty much guaranteed no because they're already in a medium sized state with 2 BCS programs.

Maybe Wichita could do it if they could get the program back.

Bradley, Crieghton, Evansville, and Indiana State are for sure no.

SIU maybe.

If IL St builds their new proposed stadium, they're a for sure yes.

Then other Gateway teams, YSU for sure yes and WIU no.

So realistically, you're talking NDSU, IL State, YSU, and maybe Wichita and SIU. Not much of a FBS conference.

Herd_Mentality
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
The vote actually went 7-0. However, a deal was made that every current Gateway member will receive a one game reprieve at the FargoDome of having their punter ridiculed. Players with unreasonably tight jerseys can still be made fun of.

89rabbit
03-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah but who else in the MVC has the capacity to pull off FBS football?

Drake doesn't even have scholarship football and along with UNI are pretty much guaranteed no because they're already in a medium sized state with 2 BCS programs.

Maybe Wichita could do it if they could get the program back.

Bradley, Crieghton, Evansville, and Indiana State are for sure no.

SIU maybe.

If IL St builds their new proposed stadium, they're a for sure yes.

Then other Gateway teams, YSU for sure yes and WIU no.

So realistically, you're talking NDSU, IL State, YSU, and maybe Wichita and SIU. Not much of a FBS conference.

Don't forget your old pals SDSU and Missouri State. ;)

Go State! :)