PDA

View Full Version : Any change at QB next year

mhyer63
01-20-2012, 06:21 PM
God love Brock Jensen, but I wonder if there is a chance that we see a new starting QB at some time if not right off the bat. Jensen started out on fire but midway through the year he started to struggle ( I know he had some minor injuries ) and was only average in my mind during the playoffs.

herdmember
01-20-2012, 06:22 PM
I love our backup QBs, but I think the simple answer is No, barring injury.

ISXBISON
01-20-2012, 06:23 PM
God love Brock Jensen, but I wonder if there is a chance that we see a new starting QB at some time if not right off the bat. Jensen started out on fire but midway through the year he started to struggle ( I know he had some minor injuries ) and was only average in my mind during the playoffs.

Did you forget the purple font???

cbline
01-20-2012, 06:24 PM

What the hell kind of CRAZY talk is this?!?!?!? The way the whole team played in the playoffs, and you are suggesting a QB change??? The chance that we see a new starting QB at the start of the season: zero, zilch, nada.

DjKyRo
Why on earth would you bail out on a returning national championship winner who threw for 68% on the season? It's not like Jensen went out there and lost us games.

tolnabison

We just won a National Title with Jensen at QB. Enough said. Yes, we have talented backups, but the only way they should see playing time is in blow outs and after Jensen graduates.

Go_Herd
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Zoltar says no, and your wish wasn't granted.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wdedrL_5WiE/S_rEsTpkyXI/AAAAAAAABgA/O2QOXpKjTnw/s1600/PICT3374.JPG

NDSU_grad
01-20-2012, 06:28 PM
What a fantastic 11th post.

BE HERD
01-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Bohl always preaches the turnover ratio. He believes games are won on that ratio-especially in the playoffs. As long as Broc takes care of the ball (like he did ALL YEAR LONG), there will be zero changes. I dont consider his foot injury to be minor either. He is a tough kid which makes his injuries seem minor to the fans.

td577
01-20-2012, 06:39 PM
I vote for Hall of Shame. Barring decapitation, academic ineligibility, or some form of irreversible extremely serious medical condition (see decapitation) Jensen will be the starter. Unless he cannot throw the football due to decapitation or any other serious medical condition, he will be given every opportunity to remain the starter for the remainder of his college career. Even if you recruited the best high school QB in the nation, Jensen has earned the right to captain this team without second guessing. It isn't like we are talking about an aging QB whose skills are diminishing, you are talking about a hard working national championship QB who hasn't even reached his college potential. Until he has singlehandedly lost Bison football games, this entire replacement conversation has no place in any current context.

DjKyRo
01-20-2012, 06:46 PM
I vote for Hall of Shame. Barring decapitation, academic ineligibility, or some form of irreversible extremely serious medical condition (see decapitation) Jensen will be the starter. Unless he cannot throw the football due to decapitation or any other serious medical condition, he will be given every opportunity to remain the starter for the remainder of his college career. Even if you recruited the best high school QB in the nation, Jensen has earned the right to captain this team without second guessing. It isn't like we are talking about an aging QB whose skills are diminishing, you are talking about a hard working national championship QB who hasn't even reached his college potential. Until he has singlehandedly lost Bison football games, this entire replacement conversation has no place in any current context.

This actually does bring up some very interesting thought progressions. What if Colton Heagle were to become the victim of some hideous trauma, say, belted with gamma radiation? Would it affect his game negatively or would he become that much more unstoppable? Dare I say, would he become the Incredible Hulk?

devin45k
01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Are you from Bismarck? Most people from there will not let go of Thorton being a starter......It's getting annoying

WYOBISONMAN
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Wow......lousy idea. We are the Champions.......Brock got us there.

bisonmike2
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
http://kevinfamous.com/Videos/billy%20madison.jpg
Obligatory.

DjKyRo
01-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Actually that reminds me, Marcus Williams got beat for a touchdown in the James Madison game. Anyone think we'll see a new corner get the nod when the season kicks off? Can't be doing things like allowing touchdowns to go right over your head.

HandoEX
01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Worst thread ever. Please ban this user ASAP.

CAS4127
01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
I am not so sure the OP is that far off. Marcus dropped at least 3 of his final five or so chances at picks, so I would not call him a lock at our starting, shutdown corner. I say this because Jensen did not look sharp at all in the NC game, nor did Marcus that game or in a couple of earlier PO games. Also, Ojuri just was not that productive in the NC game--he seemed to go down when he got tackled for some reason. RB should and had better be wide open come spring ball. Now, as far as Heagle is concerned, I got tired of his one-handed and or shoulder tackles, so his starting spot should not be guaranteed either. Hell, I could see Gene Taylor demoting Bohl and allowing Saul his chance at the FB HC job-->heard Bucky is missing his coaching times as well.

Who knows and just sayin'!!!!

mebisonII
01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Actually that reminds me, Marcus Williams got beat for a touchdown in the James Madison game. Anyone think we'll see a new corner get the nod when the season kicks off? Can't be doing things like allowing touchdowns to go right over your head.

I heard we are going to turn over the entire defense, because there were a couple games where the other team scored.

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Are you from Bismarck? Most people from there will not let go of Thorton being a starter......It's getting annoying

Believe it or not, I know some self proclaimed "Bison fans" who wanted NDSU to lose, and bad throughout the playoffs in hope of Bohl looking towards Thorton next year.

Terrible.

CAS4127
01-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Believe it or not, I know some self proclaimed "Bison fans" who wanted NDSU to lose, and bad throughout the playoffs in hope of Bohl looking towards Thorton next year.

Terrible.

Are you sure these people were not closet Who fans?? I ask because a team simply can not lose (whether bad or not) THROUGHOUT the playoffs unless you are still playing because of an earlier, moral victory, which then allows you to "score compare" up to and including winning the NC game!!!

DjKyRo
01-20-2012, 07:05 PM

Terrible.

As a Bismarck native, what a freaking disgrace.

cbline
01-20-2012, 07:10 PM

I say there is only one way that Brock gets benched at the start of the fall: if the back-up's name is "Ditka". I can see Ditka having a completion rate of about 115%.

NDSU_grad
01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Maybe I missed it in your post, but what if Brock were to become decapitated? Any chance he would lose his starting job then?

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Are you sure these people were not closet Who fans?? I ask because a team simply can not lose (whether bad or not) THROUGHOUT the playoffs unless you are still playing because of an earlier, moral victory, which then allows you to "score compare" up to and including winning the NC game!!!

These same "bison fans" didn't know who the coaches were at NDSU when they were D2 and were huge Montana and G Southern fans. Then when NDSU went D1 and beat Montana they claimed to always follow the Bison.

I just laughed.

They have an infatuation with that Centruy QB for whatever reason as well.

Professor Chaos
01-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Not even Tebow could take the starting job from Brock. Fact!

BlueBisonRock
01-20-2012, 07:54 PM

You nailed this one. Tebow wouldn't have a prayer!

CAS4127
01-20-2012, 07:57 PM

You nailed this one. Tebow wouldn't have a prayer!

So, you "dudes" are saying it would take an Act of God????!!!!!

@BBR: I see what you did there you know??!!!

BlueBisonRock
01-20-2012, 08:00 PM
So, you "dudes" are saying it would take an Act of God????!!!!!

@BBR: I see what you did there you know??!!!

I just can't get one by you, can I CAS?

Jim Puetz
01-20-2012, 08:01 PM
God love the Fabulous Fargodome, but I wonder if there is a chance that we will play some games at Dacotah Field or possibly Alex Nemzak at some time if not right off the bat. The Dome atmosphere started out on fire but midway through the year it got almost too loud ( I know I pee sitting down) and at the end of the year it was so loud other team jumped offsides in the playoffs. I'm not really a Bison fan, but I did eat a hamburger at the Bison Turf last night.

WTF

344Johnson
01-20-2012, 08:01 PM
An interesting idea that everyone on here is completely throwing out the window. We all know Jensen is starting next year. Jensen will start until their is something (decapitation has been speculated) that will not allow him on the field.

But....what if throughout Spring Ball and Fall Camp, Wentz or Esley absolutely demolish him in every way, shape, and form. They leave little-no doubt that they are better players and give the team a better chance to win. Do you still go with the guy who was a huge part of your teams success, or do you go with the backup who has given you no reason to think Brock could do better than him. It is an interesting dilemma but one that only ever has one outcome, the starter remains. I would like to see what happens if a team took the chance and threw the backup in. (I dont want that team to be us)

Civil06
01-20-2012, 08:03 PM
An interesting idea that everyone on here is completely throwing out the window. We all know Jensen is starting next year. Jensen will start until their is something (decapitation has been speculated) that will not allow him on the field.

But....what if throughout Spring Ball and Fall Camp, Wentz or Esley absolutely demolish him in every way, shape, and form. They leave little-no doubt that they are better players and give the team a better chance to win. Do you still go with the guy who was a huge part of your teams success, or do you go with the backup who has given you no reason to think Brock could do better than him. It is an interesting dilemma but one that only ever has one outcome, the starter remains. I would like to see what happens if a team took the chance and threw the backup in. (I dont want that team to be us)

If that happens, you trade Brock to Cleveland.

bisoningrandforks
01-20-2012, 08:12 PM
the backups will play against robert morris..........cas is right..... Brock didnt have a very good championship game....was it the play calling?.... receivers couldnt get seperation? shsu blitz pkgs?.....what do we need to improve?......(yes I know it worked for most of the year)....BUT...

Bison03
01-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Maybe this guy can start next year:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3DROaEIubX-ldjdxcGUlQelZO61AlYSpBZcqo2fDTVDNpuYebRg

bisonhp330
01-20-2012, 08:42 PM
What a fantastic 11th post.

I think he should have ended at a nice even number.....like 10. And never posted again.

ndsubison1
01-20-2012, 08:43 PM

so brock will win the heisman then? haha

CaBisonFan
01-20-2012, 08:43 PM

We have some great talent at QB right now...but I doubt that Bohl will put Jensen on the hot seat any time soon. Brock's turf toe injury really slowed him down. It was pretty serious actually. He never had the quickness in the pocket that we saw earlier in the season...and we all know that if a QB loses his wheels, it affects his passing.

I want to see some depth developing with some real playing time for the #2. I'm not sure how that gets done...but I live in fear of Brock going down...and then having someone on the field without any experience.

td577
01-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Maybe I missed it in your post, but what if Brock were to become decapitated? Any chance he would lose his starting job then?

That might be a serious enough medical condition which could mess up his ability to read defenses. So yes, that would provide a chance he would lose his starting job. Maybe some mop up duty if is just about hand offs.

I certainly do not want to offend anyone who has been decapitated, so this position of mine is merely speculative, in nature.

CaBisonFan
01-20-2012, 09:16 PM
the backups will play against robert morris..........cas is right..... Brock didnt have a very good championship game....was it the play calling?.... receivers couldnt get seperation? shsu blitz pkgs?.....what do we need to improve?......(yes I know it worked for most of the year)....BUT...

...it's possible...

PW Bison
01-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Cleveland could use Brock. I have been sorrowful for a long time now.

Bison03
01-20-2012, 09:34 PM
He may have a point, Brock only had a completion percentage of 67.2% which was 7th best in the FCS. He only had 3474 yards passing and 14 passing TD's and 9 rushing TD's. He had 4 picks all year which was 2nd best in the FCS. He only started all 15 games this season. He only led his team to a 14-1 record, a Missouri Conference Championship, and a Division I National Championship. Other than that, what has he really shown he can do?

17>1
01-20-2012, 10:10 PM
(Purple font-->) I heard Jose Mohler is transferring back and is a lock for the starting job.

On a side note, I wonder how much faster Brock would have been on the TD run during the GSU game, if he didn't have the flu and such a bad case of turf toe....because he sure looked awfully slow and hampered.

(Purple font-----^)

NDSU_grad
01-20-2012, 10:50 PM
That might be a serious enough medical condition which could mess up his ability to read defenses. So yes, that would provide a chance he would lose his starting job. Maybe some mop up duty if is just about hand offs.

I certainly do not want to offend anyone who has been decapitated, so this position of mine is merely speculative, in nature.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Fightin' Bison
01-20-2012, 11:13 PM
You guys are high if you think that there is any player on the starting roster who can't be beaten out. Why would any recruit come to NDSU if they know they have to sit behind an incumbent until he graduates? Everyone of those recruits has been told that there is competition for every spot and that the best players will play. That includes QB's and that's the way it should be. If Brock is outplayed in Spring and Fall camp. . . . The question is, are they any QB's on the roster who can outplay him and, if so, by how wide of a margin? If it's a close call, you stay with the incumbent. Asking to ban a user for even raising the question is a move that belongs in the Hall of Shame.

CaBisonFan
01-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Maybe this guy can start next year:
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3DROaEIubX-ldjdxcGUlQelZO61AlYSpBZcqo2fDTVDNpuYebRg

Mistakenly called the greatest QB in the history of the NFL. Just think if someone like Dan Marino had played the same number of years...or Manning.

He could maybe make our travel squad...not sure.

td577
01-21-2012, 02:14 AM
You guys are high if you think that there is any player on the starting roster who can't be beaten out. Why would any recruit come to NDSU if they know they have to sit behind an incumbent until he graduates? Everyone of those recruits has been told that there is competition for every spot and that the best players will play. That includes QB's and that's the way it should be. If Brock is outplayed in Spring and Fall camp. . . . The question is, are they any QB's on the roster who can outplay him and, if so, by how wide of a margin? If it's a close call, you stay with the incumbent. Asking to ban a user for even raising the question is a move that belongs in the Hall of Shame.

Ok, for arguments sake: Name a QB on any level of football that was benched the following season. The odds of someone "beating out" Jenson are so astronomical it isn't even worth the discussion. Now, if someone said Jensen isn't taking part in offseason workouts with his teammates and quit going to classes this semester, then maybe there is a possible discussion.

As far as recruits being told they are not competing for a starting job, well I think this is how the QB position has been recruited from day one during the Bohl era. If you are a QB, you get redshirted. Then you sit behind the starter for a year or two. And then, and only then, if you are the best QB on the roster you are going to get every opportunity to lead this team. It is because of the support of the coaching staff NDSU should always be able to recruit top quality QBs. This has been the progression from Walker to Mertens to now Jensen. I don't think there is anyone out there that can say Mertens or Mohler had the greatest support around him and Bohl has admitted that. That being said, the job is now Jensen's and it will take at least 10 different things to happen simultaneously for him to lose the job. Since now we are talking even more astronomical numbers, Thorton can bid his time, learn from Brock, and become a Division I starter in a competitive program in two years.

How can I be so sure? Because Bohl and the rest of the coaching staff was very devoted to Mertens being the starter until his graduation. Those 10 things that had to happen to lose that position did happen. The difference between now and then is the 10 different things do change with a national championship. Brock would have to screw up really bad to get second guessed.

Now back to the bottom line, please find one championship QB, on any level of football, that was benched the following season?

JustinTyem
01-21-2012, 02:41 AM
Well Bison Fannies,I heard from another mother from another brother heard a sister that sleep with her sisters boyfriend that Brock is going to the Draft cause the Packers are gonna need a Back-up for Rodgers. And Brock does a pretty good Double Check of A-Rodgers Belt. Oh and I hear the Bohl is taking The Tampa Bay Bucs head coach job,and I heard the NDSU is taking UND's Women's Basketball coach Gene Roebuck to be the Next Bison Football Headcoach. http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/347946/ (Green is Great)

walknroehl
01-21-2012, 02:43 AM
WTF. is all i can say for this thread.

Fightin' Bison
01-21-2012, 03:10 AM
Now back to the bottom line, please find one championship QB, on any level of football, that was benched the following season?

Every fact you stated was true. The conclusion is false. Every player has to prove themselves every year. No one gets to claim a starting position based on what they did last year. Can you keep your job based on last year's work? "Yeah, we lost all our clients, but remember what a great job I used to do?"

Brock probably is in no danger of losing his job, but that's not because of last year (in which the offense was average). It's because he was the best NDSU had and he will probably continue to be so based on continued hard work. However, he like everyone else, has to ontinue to earn it.

As for your impossible question:

Kordell Stewart. Won the AFC East and lost his job the following year.
As starting quarterback, Stewart led the*2001 Steelers*to a 13–3 regular-season record and the top seed in the*AFC playoffs. Under the tutelage of new QB coach*Tom Clements*and new offensive coordinator*Mike Mularkey, Stewart had his best year as a pro, throwing for over 3,000 yards, completing 60 percent of his passes, and attaining apasser rating*of 81.7. He threw for 14 TDs and ran for five more. Stewart was elected to the Pro Bowl and was named the Steelers MVP.The Steelers easily defeated the then-defending Super Bowl champion*Baltimore Ravens*in the divisional playoffs. The eventual*Super Bowlchampion*New England Patriots*defeated the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game.

Stewart began the 2002 season as the Steelers' starting quarterback, but after throwing an interception into double coverage in the end zone at home against the Cleveland Browns in the third game of the season, he was replaced by increasingly popular backup*Tommy Maddox, and Stewart was released at the end of the season. Stewart did, however, keep the team's playoff hopes alive in his final appearance.

td577
01-21-2012, 03:21 AM
Stewart didn't win any championships. That can't be the best answer out there. There has to be at least one Championship QB out there that lost their job.

4mcruenomore
01-21-2012, 03:38 AM
I guess td577 has never heard of Trent Dilfer

CaBisonFan
01-21-2012, 03:54 AM

There's one...and it backfired on Baltimore, if I'm not mistaken. A QB is more than a stat machine. He sets the pace & attitude of the entire game, if he's good. That's what Brock does.

4m...I know that you're a huge fan of Esley. I am too...but not like you. I wish there was a way to get him on the field.

Rap
01-21-2012, 04:32 AM
No change.

td577
01-21-2012, 04:58 AM

It is such an anomoly it has near zero significance. So one can say in the history of football, on any level, Trent Dilfer is the only example. Therefore, with way more than reasonable certainity, like in the bet the farm category, Jensen will not be the benched.

Now if other QBs can show a way to contribute, I would also bet the coaching staff will come up with some packages to get them on the field. Even when before Tebow was a starter and Florida won the 2006 championship, Meyers found a way to get him some plays. By the way, in 2007 Tebow's backup was Cam Newton.

gizmo
01-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Jensen was the QB for a national championship team and his season-long performance was a key reason why the Bison won it all. Thus, the starting QB job should be his to lose. Quarterback controversies are rarely good for a team. However, what makes for a great team is competition in practice. Personally, I hope there are other QB's who push Jensen to the max in practice and IF one of them displays an obvious advantage I expect he will get an opportunity to prove it in an early game. To not give a higher performer an opportunity to play is doing a disservice to the team, school and fans. IMO, nobody's job should be a '"lock" but, obviously, Jensen has shown that he can be a great QB for the Bison and the subs will have a hard time beating him out.

We have to realize that next year's Bison team will be somewhat different than the last one....different line, different receivers, different running backs, etc. The QB does not play the position in a vacuum and his performance is directly affected by those around him and the game situations that arise. Any QB can be made to look bad if the O-line doesn't play well or the receivers don't get open. So, IMO, if the rest of the offense is solid, Jensen will be the QB indefinitely.

TransAmBison
01-21-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm neg repping all u sumbitches. That is all. Please drive thru.

4mcruenomore
01-21-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm neg repping all u sumbitches. That is all. Please drive thru.

Please pay at the first window. TABS, your nuggets will take just a minute, if you would like to pull your car to the first spot up there we will bring them out to you and they will be hot and tasty.

bisonhp330
01-21-2012, 01:55 PM

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ns58jb.jpg

bisonmike2
01-21-2012, 02:14 PM
In theory, every position should be up for grabs in the fall. Can you imagine how amazing Thorton would have to be and how shitty Brock would have to look like for the staff to make a change? I can't. I think that if Brock came in the fall and threw nothing buts picks in every drill and scrimmage they'd still probably give him the benefit of the doubt in the season opener.

Fightin' Bison
01-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Stewart didn't win any championships. That can't be the best answer out there. There has to be at least one Championship QB out there that lost their job.

AFC East is a championship.

Fightin' Bison
01-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Todd Boeckman. 2007 starting QB for Ohio State. Won the Big 10 Championship. Benched the following year.

BisonNeil
01-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I want to see some depth developing with some real playing time for the #2. I'm not sure how that gets done...but I live in fear of Brock going down...and then having someone on the field without any experience.

I think a lot of us agree with that. That is something the coaching staff has really struggled with, and perhaps one of the reasons Mertens never developed. In the Walker days NDSU blew out a lot of opponents and Mertens never saw the field which didn't give him a chance to have the game slow down for him.

When Brock went out in the NC game and Thornton came in, I believe that was his first snap since the second game of the season. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Fightin' Bison
01-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Joe Kapp. 1969. Won the NFL Central Division Championship and the NFL Championship. No contract in 1970.

herdmember
01-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I think what will help is having a better 3rd and 4th string next year if Wentz and Stanford impress like I'd expect. This will allow you to be more 'risky' with Esley and use his athleticism in this offense in some way. (reverse pass, some type of run, wildcat, or even just giving him more time in blowouts) This year, if your 2nd string went down, it got pretty thin and you'd have to look at pulling redshirts.

X-Factor
01-21-2012, 03:11 PM
(Purple font-->) I heard Jose Mohler is transferring back and is a lock for the starting job.

On a side note, I wonder how much faster Brock would have been on the TD run during the GSU game, if he didn't have the flu and such a bad case of turf toe....because he sure looked awfully slow and hampered.

(Purple font-----^)

yeah how about that crazy GSU SPEED!!!!

hahahahahaha

Fightin' Bison
01-21-2012, 03:19 PM
David Woodley. 1982 . AFC Champion Miami Dolphins. Lost starting job in 1983.

BisonBear
01-21-2012, 03:21 PM
History has a way of repeating itself. Mertens never got any playing time and when it was his chance, he laid an egg. The back ups need playing time to develop.

Fightin' Bison
01-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Doug Williams. 1988 Super Bowl Champion. Lost starting job to Mark Rypien.

tjbison
01-21-2012, 03:31 PM

Are you f*****g kidding me

mhyer63
01-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Why on earth would you bail out on a returning national championship winner who threw for 68% on the season? It's not like Jensen went out there and lost us games.

Let me be a little more clear on what I mean. Yes Brock won a NC, but remember when the Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl, they cut there starting QB the next year and not for any contract reasons either, they just thought they could do better. The biggest question I am wondering about is will coach hold the QB position open to the best player next year no matter who it is just like they do for all the other positions on the team. And no, for the few of you who asked, I am not a Bismarck resident cheering for Thorton, I just heard that he really pushed Brock hard in last seasons training camp and wondered if he was that good or not.

CaBisonFan
01-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Doug Williams. 1988 Super Bowl Champion. Lost starting job to Mark Rypien.

I remember this now...thanks...and it was a mistake.

MNLonghorn10
01-21-2012, 04:03 PM
i negged the op. too bad it wasnt enough to get him red

td577
01-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Joe Kapp was a free agent, not benched.
Todd Boeckman is actually a pretty good example of losing the starting job after a 35-3 loss to start the 2008 season.
Doug Williams lost his job after some injuries and then Rypien's play. So he was also benched because of Rypien's play during Williams' injuries.

I never said it has never happened, I was making mention that it is so extremely rare it is pretty much non-existent. The very proof of the rarity is the examples of those QBs were it is arguable some very extenuating circumstances had to occur. Injury, free agency, and in one example, very poor play. So in the context of history, it is very unlikely Jensen will be replaced. With the improvements from last year to this season, I would venture to guess even a moderate development curriculum this offseason will make Jensen even much more of the best QB for this system at this time.

CaBisonFan
01-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Let me be a little more clear on what I mean. Yes Brock won a NC, but remember when the Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl, they cut there starting QB the next year and not for any contract reasons either, they just thought they could do better. The biggest question I am wondering about is will coach hold the QB position open to the best player next year no matter who it is just like they do for all the other positions on the team. And no, for the few of you who asked, I am not a Bismarck resident cheering for Thorton, I just heard that he really pushed Brock hard in last seasons training camp and wondered if he was that good or not.

It's a fair question. I'd bet that Brock expects to have to earn his way back into the starting lineup. We've sung his praises here...and deservedly so. Nothing wrong with your post.

CaBisonFan
01-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Joe Kapp was a free agent, not benched.
Todd Boeckman is actually a pretty good example of losing the starting job after a 35-3 loss to start the 2008 season.
Doug Williams lost his job after some injuries and then Rypien's play. So he was also benched because of Rypien's play during Williams' injuries.

I never said it has never happened, I was making mention that it is so extremely rare it is pretty much non-existent. The very proof of the rarity is the examples of those QBs were it is arguable some very extenuating circumstances had to occur. Injury, free agency, and in one example, very poor play. So in the context of history, it is very unlikely Jensen will be replaced. With the improvements from last year to this season, I would venture to guess even a moderate development curriculum this offseason will make Jensen even much more of the best QB for this system at this time.

Agreed...and I wish that Bohl would give another QB some playing experience. Developing the next QB is a blind spot for him.

SDbison
01-21-2012, 05:12 PM
History has a way of repeating itself. Mertens never got any playing time and when it was his chance, he laid an egg. The back ups need playing time to develop. Mertens had plenty of time to develop and never panned out.......I believe he was a great H.S. QB and a great college athlete, but I think his QB skills were not good enough for the speed of FCS college football. In the past I was crucified here for being honest and saying things like that and never had anything personal against Mertens.

SDbison
01-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Brock is a leader, a tough kid, and a consistent performer who strives to get better all the time. He will be the starting QB next year and when he is healthy with more receivers I expect there will be some even more amazing games to watch next season.
With Brock as QB the coaches, players and fans can look forward to each game with confidence. Something that was missing since Walker was QB.

X-Factor
01-21-2012, 05:38 PM
History has a way of repeating itself. Mertens never got any playing time and when it was his chance, he laid an egg. The back ups need playing time to develop.

That wasn't the problem. Mertens just wasn't a good QB, playing time or not

semobison
01-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Brock is a leader, a tough kid, and a consistent performer who strives to get better all the time. He will be the starting QB next year and when he is healthy with more receivers I expect there will be some even more amazing games to watch next season.
With Brock as QB the coaches, players and fans can look forward to each game with confidence. Something that was missing since Walker was QB.

Mid season when he was healthy Brock had some big games! In a 3 game stretch against Missouri St., the Jacks, and UNI he was a combined 61-73 89%, 593 yards,4 TDs, 0 picks! His stats dropped some late in the season when he was fighting the turf toe but we have certainly seen what he is capable of.

tcbison
01-21-2012, 06:58 PM

Disagree. A QB either has it or he doesn't. No amount of playing time would have helped Mertens. Look at Matt Flynn with LSU. He only started one year and they won the National Championship his senior year. How do you explain that one?

BE HERD
01-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Agreed...and I wish that Bohl would give another QB some playing experience. Developing the next QB is a blind spot for him.
I agree 100%- this has always been one of my criticisms of Coach Bohl also. I wish he would make an attempt to give the #2 some playing time, especially in years when our Defense is as good as it was this year.
If it were not for Broc's toughness in the NC game (after that crushing hit in the second), the outcome could have been different in that game IMO. I heard the hit on the concourse on the opposite side of the field.

*Bisonrube
01-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Todd Boeckman. 2007 starting QB for Ohio State. Won the Big 10 Championship. Benched the following year.

Keep bringing up idiotic comparisons. Maybe Bohl will be fired, I am sure you can find a couple of examples of this happening in all of football in the last 50 years. We are all dumber just for reading this crap. Yes, every position is up for grabs...but why even start a thread like this after your record setting QB just won NDSU first D1 National Championship with a hobbled reciever core. Carson is going to push Brock as Bohl has said, but CMON MAN!!

stevdock
01-21-2012, 07:28 PM
I agree 100%- this has always been one of my criticisms of Coach Bohl also. I wish he would make an attempt to give the #2 some playing time, especially in years when our Defense is as good as it was this year.
If it were not for Broc's toughness in the NC game (after that crushing hit in the second), the outcome could have been different in that game IMO. I heard the hit on the concourse on the opposite side of the field.

Look back at all of our games and please tell me what games you would have liked Esley to play in?? The first two I believe he did play in. A lot of the other games were still in doubt deep in the 4th quarter. I thought he was going to get at least a quarter against WIU but then their offense started to put up points. Guess he could have played the last drive against GSU but that was a running drive and it wouldn't have mattered much there. Brock's completion percentage had everything to do with being in the flow of the game for the WHOLE game. If you give Esley a drive here or there that would have also messed with Brock's flow.

*Bisonrube
01-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Look back at all of our games and please tell me what games you would have liked Esley to play in?? The first two I believe he did play in. A lot of the other games were still in doubt deep in the 4th quarter. I thought he was going to get at least a quarter against WIU but then their offense started to put up points. Guess he could have played the last drive against GSU but that was a running drive and it wouldn't have mattered much there. Brock's completion percentage had everything to do with being in the flow of the game for the WHOLE game. If you give Esley a drive here or there that would have also messed with Brock's flow.

Yeah, why didn't Mertens play more in the Steve Walker era. Laughable.

stevdock
01-21-2012, 07:41 PM

That is a good question and one I asked the whole time both of those years but I think we can all say that Bohl has done a lot of things differently since those two years. And I believe if we would have been more in control of games this year that Esley would have played more this year. I do give Esley credit though, it sure seemed like he was always ready to go. During the GSU game I wondered the whole game while Esley was warming up. He was told to, but the kid was ready. How it would have turned out?? Who knows.

BisonBear
01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
That wasn't the problem. Mertens just wasn't a good QB, playing time or not

I don't think Mertens was a good quarterback also, but there were plenty of times where he could have played during the "Walker" years and they might have seen he wasn't up to the task?

NDSU1980
01-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Actually, why didn't Mertens play LESS during the Mertens era? It served no purpose to have him put on a clinic on the fine art of throwing interceptions, fumbling, and getting sacked while Jose Mohler stood on the side lines and watched?

Bohl needs to get the QB's in and get some playing time. I just cringed in the NC game when Thorton came in, just because he didn't have much experience. That has been Bohl's biggest weakness here as coach.

4mcruenomore
01-22-2012, 03:40 AM
I have a #18 Nick Mertens jersey

tjamz
01-22-2012, 05:35 AM

Just to be a dick I'm going to comment on this (I don't think Brock will be benched, but you asked for an example)

I'm 99.9999% sure that Cory Reinowski from Harvey, ND was benched in the 2008 season after successfully leading the hornets to a state title and perfect record in 2007.

A1pigskin
01-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Easy, NO.....

unbison
01-22-2012, 03:51 PM
I really truly believe that the Leevon perry will be taking the majority of snaps at qb next year...... Just a hunch

TransAmBison
01-22-2012, 04:00 PM
I really truly believe that the Leevon perry will be taking the majority of snaps at qb next year...... Just a hunchYOU DON'T KNOW CRAP U R SO DII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drago has one more secret year of eligibility and he will be the WILDCAT QB!!! he pm'd, facebooked, twittered, texted, sext'ed, and smoke signaled me. PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unbison
01-22-2012, 04:03 PM
JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!! was merely trying to distract from the insanely idiotic thread..........Jensen the qb

TransAmBison
01-22-2012, 04:13 PM
JEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!! was merely trying to distract from the insanely idiotic thread..........Jensen the qbI was just joking around. :hide:

Kermit
01-22-2012, 04:28 PM
I really truly believe that the Leevon perry will be taking the majority of snaps at qb next year...... Just a hunch

I dunno, I read that Billy Turner is the all-time QB on the playground at Roosevelt Elementary. He could be some stiff competition for Leevon.

JustinTyem
01-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Well Bison Fannies,I heard from another mother from another brother heard a sister that sleep with her sisters boyfriend that Brock is going to the Draft cause the Packers are gonna need a Back-up for Rodgers. And Brock does a pretty good Double Check of A-Rodgers Belt. Oh and I hear the Bohl is taking The Tampa Bay Bucs head coach job,and I heard the NDSU is taking UND's Women's Basketball coach Gene Roebuck to be the Next Bison Football Headcoach. http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/347946/ (Green is Great)^^^^^ Now that the BEST POST OF ALLTIME!!!!! BTW-Im great at Half Truths!!!!!!

ndsubison1
01-22-2012, 10:24 PM

for terrelle pryor

56BISON73
01-23-2012, 03:39 AM

Unbison--thats some great stuff right there. Well done.

56BISON73
01-23-2012, 03:58 AM

How many schools do you see sub the QB just to give the back up reps if it isnt a blow out? None. Next

NDstateBison81
01-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Are you effin kidding me? starting someone else would screw everything up but with Holloway gone I think they could give it a try for one game vs. a less-skilled team like Robert Morris.. Thorton is going to safety it looks like so would Wentz be next??

TILIS-BisonFan
01-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Hall of shame tony.

NDSUBowler
01-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Shame on the people who act so offended at the question.

Laughable that its not out of the utter realm of possibility that one of the redshirted QBs could utterly blow everyone away this spring and win a job.

It is Bohl's job to put the BEST product on the field and give the team the BEST chance to win.

You guys are right...99.99% of the time, that will be the QB from the previous year, but there is always that .01% lurking and it shouldn't be scoffed at that someone would question the possibility of it.

Yes, Brock had pretty damn good numbers last year and yes, they won the NC. Yes, it was most likely his sub-standard play towards the end of the season was due to a combination of good opponents and turf toe, but for anyone to say "OMG HOW DARE YOU THERE IS NO ONE BETTER...WE WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP YOU DUMMY...BANNN HIMMM BANNN HIMMMM" is quite ridiculous.

Now, just to make sure the point I am trying to make doesn't get lost, I am not saying bench Jensen...I am just saying it should be worth a debate and if the opportunity would arise, would Bohl make that call.

SIDENOTE: Assuming Jensen is #1 and lets assume Thorton stays a QB as well for argument sake, what do you think the depth chart will be between Jensen, Stanford, Thorton, Wentz?

flame away

ndsufreshman
01-24-2012, 02:29 PM
I applaud brock for what he's done, but its not like he is going to the nfl.
Being a top program in fcs, youd think we could find a nfl caliber qb, thus beating out brock.
Im not saying itll happen, just dealing with reality that a joe flacco, rhett bomar, could be on our bench.

aces1180
01-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Being a top program in fcs, youd think we could find a nfl caliber qb, thus beating out brock.
Im not saying itll happen, just dealing with reality that a joe flacco, rhett bomar, could be on our bench.

By NFL caliber QB, do you mean a transfer? Both Bomar (Oklahoma) and Flacco (Pitt) were transfers from FBS programs. Since Tony Stauss, all our QBs have been homegrown. With the exception of two (the M&M boys), I think that has worked out pretty good.

TransAmBison
01-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Oh yeah, no problem. Getting an NFL qb in FCS won't be a problem...heck every FBS team has at least one on hand. No problem. Wow, have a little respect for how good Brock did last year and the work he put in to get us a NC.

CAS4127
01-24-2012, 02:58 PM

I could care less whether Brock goes to the NFL. He has already led us to one NC, and there may be more on the way-->that works for me. Are you suggesting that an "NFL QB" would get us more that a NC or 2 or 3?? I guess my point is: what is yours??!!!

ndsufreshman
01-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Whoa people, I am 100% behind brock or whoever ndsu throws out there honestly.
I am just stating a fact that he's not going to the nfl. Didnt rip on him personally, Im thankful he won a title! Sorry for having a discussion on a discussion board, ill run away now.
Go bison!

TransAmBison
01-24-2012, 03:18 PM
I am just stating a fact that he's not going to the nfl. Didnt rip on him personally, Im thankful he won a title! Sorry for having a discussion on a discussion board, ill run away now.
Go bison!
How can you be 100% behind him if you are wanting to look for somebody else? Kinda sounds like a politician.

Bisondan
01-24-2012, 03:27 PM
SIDENOTE: Assuming Jensen is #1 and lets assume Thorton stays a QB as well for argument sake, what do you think the depth chart will be between Jensen, Stanford, Thorton, Wentz?

flame away

Is this really debatable?

Anyone who knows anything about football will agree Wentz is the clear cut starter. From the tape I have seen, I got to put Stanford as the primary backup. Thorton should probably be the three, but since the fans will demand it, Jensen will probably get the nod.

1. Wentz
2. Stanford
3. Jensen
4. Thorton

Thunder_Struck
01-24-2012, 03:35 PM
This could be like the Brad Johnson situation at FSU. Which would be great for NDSU.

56BISON73
01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Go bison!

How can you state that as fact when he has two more years at NDSU? That statement is equally as moronic as people predicting he will be in the NFL.

Professor Chaos
01-24-2012, 04:10 PM
What if Steven Threet walks through that door this fall?

Bisondan
01-24-2012, 04:21 PM
What it Steven Threet walks through that door this fall?

Fifth on depth chart imo

TransAmBison
01-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Fifth on depth chart imoHow about Lakes?

tony
01-24-2012, 04:31 PM

Anyone who knows anything about football will agree Wentz is the clear cut starter. From the tape I have seen, I got to put Stanford as the primary backup. Thorton should probably be the three, but since the fans will demand it, Jensen will probably get the nod.

1. Wentz
2. Stanford
3. Jensen
4. Thorton

Excellent trolling material! :)

CAS4127
01-24-2012, 04:32 PM
How about Lakes?

He is just an "ndsufreshman"!!!!;)

ndsufreshman
01-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Whoa, I didnt intend to start a firestorm we had this same talker on ags couple weeks ago.
Heck I was on ags last september when people thought we would miss jose/dante!

344Johnson
01-24-2012, 05:02 PM
YOU DON'T KNOW CRAP U R SO DII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drago has one more secret year of eligibility and he will be the WILDCAT QB!!! he pm'd, facebooked, twittered, texted, sext'ed, and smoke signaled me. PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+++++ must spread rep. damnit.

Bisondan
01-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Whoa, I didnt intend to start a firestorm we had this same talker on ags couple weeks ago.
Heck I was on ags last september when people thought we would miss jose/dante!

Freaking Newbs!

THEsocalledfan
01-24-2012, 05:30 PM

1. Wentz
2. Stanford
3. Jensen
4. Thorton

Is this a joke? I admit, I just cut into this thread and get great humor at folks thinking Brock should be benched, but am sure I am missing purple font or something.

roadwarrior
01-24-2012, 05:55 PM
What if Steven Threet walks through that door this fall?

Obviously sign him up for a Teammaker membership.

Bison03
01-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Are we still talking about this? Man, it's going to be a long offseason.

SDbison
01-24-2012, 09:14 PM
What are you people.......on drugs or something?

unbison
01-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Well right now I'm coming down from a monster.... Is that drugs?
Leevon perry 2012 bison starting qb!!!!

56BISON73
01-24-2012, 09:20 PM
What are you people.......on drugs or something?

This kind of sums it up------Take your pick

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone. "

"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone. "

"You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone! "

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

"You are traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone! "

Bison8er
01-25-2012, 01:26 AM
With all due respect people. BJ has about as much chance of seeing the NFL as I do and I don't play football. Let's be real people. If our stellar defense gives up 18 points which is tremendous for any defense much less in the National Championship game, WE LOSE. I think the DEFENSE has gone to our heads. Since when is it ok to put a QB on the field that doesn't lose games? Really? Lets face it. if we don't have the dominating defense, we don't make the playoffs. Average defense and our QB = A lot of sad people in Bisonville. BJ is a great guy but every year we need a starter who is going to WIN us games as compared to not losing them for us. One or two injuries away from defense not being so great. Then what? Hope our QB doesn't cost us the game? Really? We need to recruit star QB's every year. I can tell its been a while since we won a NC, everyone is so sensitive. Mark my words here and now: BJ is not the starter by mid season. We will be back in the playoffs !!! I thought this was a discussion board? Don't judge because someone has a different opinion about players even if they are your favorite. Amen brothers and sisters.............

PaBizon
01-25-2012, 02:11 AM
Not Judging :confused: but if let me ask you if Eli Manning would still be the qb of the Giants (after winning a super bowl) if people thoght it was all about qb's winning the game. The qb needs to manage the game NOT win it if the defense is decent. This is a discussion board BUT you need to relax AND get a CLUE if you think a qb change is needed.

rutlandbison
01-25-2012, 02:18 AM
Spergon Wynn. It's money in the bank.

56BISON73
01-25-2012, 02:18 AM
With all due respect people. BJ has about as much chance of seeing the NFL as I do and I don't play football. Let's be real people. If our stellar defense gives up 18 points which is tremendous for any defense much less in the National Championship game, WE LOSE. I think the DEFENSE has gone to our heads. Since when is it ok to put a QB on the field that doesn't lose games? Really? Lets face it. if we don't have the dominating defense, we don't make the playoffs. Average defense and our QB = A lot of sad people in Bisonville. BJ is a great guy but every year we need a starter who is going to WIN us games as compared to not losing them for us. One or two injuries away from defense not being so great. Then what? Hope our QB doesn't cost us the game? Really? We need to recruit star QB's every year. I can tell its been a while since we won a NC, everyone is so sensitive. Mark my words here and now: BJ is not the starter by mid season. We will be back in the playoffs !!! I thought this was a discussion board? Don't judge because someone has a different opinion about players even if they are your favorite. Amen brothers and sisters.............

What do you base that opinion on?

Bison8er
01-25-2012, 02:33 AM
I base it on watching the guy play football every week. Not bashing BJ, just my opinion. What kind of injuries would he have when Joe M put the beat down on him? More than his toe would be hurting, i'll tell you that much. What happened on offense when #4 was out? NOTHING. Im just saying I'm so sick and tired listening to the old, "He doesn't lose us games" bit. Give me a break. Remember Steve Walker?
Now there's a guy that went out and WON NDSU some football games. I have never herd anyone say, "He doesn't lose us games", about Steve Walker. He won the Bison many games. We won the National
Championship with our DEFENSE. We give up 12 more points and we lose. AND......... Eli Manning is the most overrated QB in the NFL. I love you guys !!!!!!!!!!

herdmember
01-25-2012, 02:43 AM
I base it on watching the guy play football every week. Not bashing BJ, just my opinion. What kind of injuries would he have when Joe M put the beat down on him? More than his toe would be hurting, i'll tell you that much. What happened on offense when #4 was out? NOTHING. Im just saying I'm so sick and tired listening to the old, "He doesn't lose us games" bit. Give me a break. Remember Steve Walker?
Now there's a guy that went out and WON NDSU some football games. I have never herd anyone say, "He doesn't lose us games", about Steve Walker. He won the Bison many games. We won the National
Championship with our DEFENSE. We give up 12 more points and we lose. AND......... Eli Manning is the most overrated QB in the NFL. I love you guys !!!!!!!!!!

Untrue. We played conservatively when we got ahead, because that gave us the best chance to win. If we needed to score more points, we very likely could have. For example, in a post game interview Brock said they knew they could get Holloway deep, but because of the lead, they never needed it. Brock can win us games. Our QB position was WAYYYY different this year than last year. Very high completion percentage. Don't confuse a QB that takes care of the ball with a QB that just manages games. Brock is a winner and I'm damn glad he's starting for us and will be for the next two years.

CAS4127
01-25-2012, 02:45 AM
U r talkin in circles 8er. First, Brock really didn't need to win us games this year--it may develop in the future that he does, although I do recall a pretty damn good run against GSU-->remember that. Now, tell me when he put us in jeopardy of losing one by his own
play, tell me. Also, he was restricted by play calling, but, I know for a fact that he changed plays on his own at the LOS, got his ass chewed for doing so, but in the PO, sans the NC game, his play caller, Vigen, got a little of his duties taken away to an extent. I think u need to consider a bit more evidence before u start saying Brock didn't win us any games, cuz that is very small piece if the puzzle.

Also, give us some info to help with ur credibility, other than "based upon what u saw/watched. My 6 year old girl can say that FC's sake!!

Bison8er
01-25-2012, 03:19 AM
My only point is that if we don't hold good teams under 15 points per game, we will probably lose. I have nothing against BJ. I think he's a great guy. Im just saying that we need more on the field than someone who
"manages the game" or "doesn't lose the game for us." If he's the best we got, of course he should start. I love winning just as much as everyone else. I'm selfish and I'm trying to figure out how we can win more NC. My credentials for judging football I guess are not much. I've had three boys that have played. 2 in college. Im not a coach or a talent scout. Im just looking at things realistically. I have been around football my entire life. I just have a gut feeling that the status quo at the QB position is not going to take us to the NC again. Nothing personal towards anyone. You wait and see and i will be back on here reminding everyone of my prediction at QB. By the way........... The offensive coordinator can be replaced at any time....... But that's a whole different post :)

unbison
01-25-2012, 03:24 AM
I believe that this silliness has went on long enough.................we all know lakes has not used his elgibilty and from what i heard in frisco cas is working as his attorney to try and take advantage of that..............could be a very interesting offseason...............should be a cheaper legal battle then the nickname issue

unbison
01-25-2012, 03:26 AM
My only point is that if we don't hold good teams under 15 points per game, we will probably lose. I have nothing against BJ. I think he's a great guy. Im just saying that we need more on the field than someone who
"manages the game" or "doesn't lose the game for us." If he's the best we got, of course he should start. I love winning just as much as everyone else. I'm selfish and I'm trying to figure out how we can win more NC. My credentials for judging football I guess are not much. I've had three boys that have played. 2 in college. Im not a coach or a talent scout. Im just looking at things realistically. I have been around football my entire life. I just have a gut feeling that the status quo at the QB position is not going to take us to the NC again. Nothing personal towards anyone. You wait and see and i will be back on here reminding everyone of my prediction at QB. By the way........... The offensive coordinator can be replaced at any time....... But that's a whole different post :)
you made it personal when u said you could have the same chance of playing in the nfl as a sophmore starting qb for the fcs national champ...........you are not a coach or a talent scout ............but feel your opinion is to be more valued then others...........hmmmm

BisonNeil
01-25-2012, 03:32 AM
I'm trying to figure out how we can win more NC.

You're trying to figure out?

That's hilarious.

I am sure Bohl has your number on speed dial.

Why don't you come back to us in a few months after you ponder it a bit and let us know. I am sure we will all be waiting with baited breath.

HA!

Bison8er
01-25-2012, 03:56 AM
Trying to figure out in my own mind. LOL Don't you ever play games in your own little head to figure out how to have a winning team? Like trying to figure out what the Vikings are going to have to do to ever be a contender again? Like that, but only in Green and Gold. I can't be entirely upfront about all my football prowess due to the fact that you will then know who i am and posting would no longer be any fun for me. Let's just say that I know most of you in Section 21. I sit right behind you. Whats up with the guy in the hard hat? Is there something wrong with him?

td577
01-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Regardless if he is a game manager, until losses can be attributed to Jensen's play, he will be the starter. It really is that simple. The one part of his game that has been consistent, is he won't lose ball games. Opposing teams are going to have to find ways to beat the Bison through other means then beating just the QB. Jensen played completely within the system. He was asked to keep the Bison in ball games until the TEAM beat down their opponent.

Finally, lets get something straight. Unless Jensen takes the offseason off and comes back to campus late summer with 50 lbs of lard on his frame, he is going to be the starter. He will be given every opportunity to keep the job. He will be given the benefit of the doubt over multiple decisions over the course of the season. This program is committed to Jensen being the starter for the rest of his career. I don't think some of you appreciate how bad Jensen will have to play to get benched and he hasn't shown a propensity to play that poorly. It goes to a recruiting strategy. How do you recruit the next great QB if you are benching a NC QB? You really think the college game is about competition for positions all the time? That is completely untrue. The coaches do make promises to kids and to be trustworthy, have to have a history of keeping those promises. Jensen is the starter, has the full support of the entire program, and doesn't have to look over his shoulder. He just needs to do the things the coaches ask of him and the job is his to lose, not win. Serious injury and extremely poor play over a period of time will get him to the bench. Even when Jensen wasn't sharp this season, it wasn't extremely poor.

steelbison
01-25-2012, 02:00 PM

No, your wrong. The QB is the LEADER of the team. He just lead your team to a National Championship game. To even suggest the QB position is an open battle shows you know NOTHING about football.

What does practice mean? Steve Walker was a TERRIBLE practice player....if they went by practice Steve may have never seen the field.

Point being no matter how bad Brock may look in practice and how good the others may look he will be the starter because he has proven it on the field and is the unquestioned LEADER of the team.

steelbison
01-25-2012, 02:21 PM

Apparently you weren't at the James Madison, LeHigh or GSU games...I believe we scored over 15 pts in those games against "good team" your term...

Plus, have you noticed that we get real conservative with a lead....don't blame that on the QB..that's the HC. Also you need WR's and in the playoffs we were getting real thin...

I also expect Brock to even be better next year. Look at his improvement from FR to Soph year. Plus his confidence will only improve with the season he just had.

THEsocalledfan
01-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Apparently you weren't at the James Madison, LeHigh or GSU games...I believe we scored over 15 pts in those games against "good team" your term...

Plus, have you noticed that we get real conservative with a lead....don't blame that on the QB..that's the HC. Also you need WR's and in the playoffs we were getting real thin...

I also expect Brock to even be better next year. Look at his improvement from FR to Soph year. Plus his confidence will only improve with the season he just had.

Wow, you hit is on the head with this post. I never cease to be amazed by folks who don't understand the logic of playing conservative when you have a stellar D and get a lead. But, that QB doesn't then have the gaudy numbers, but, oh wait, Brock did have pretty gaudy numbers, at least in completion percentage, when they needed him to. (MN game comes to mind where he made one clutch throw after another.)

Another example from the NFL would be Cowboys and Packers of the 1990's. Cowboys had great D and awesome running game. And Aikman always came through when needed. The Packers had darn good D in their Super Bowl years, but a so so running game. But they had Favre who almost rewrote record books during the time. Who had the better numbers? Well, that is obvious, Favre. But who had more Super Bowl rings? Using this Jensen logic, I guess Aikman sucked and Favre was clearly a better QB.....

Fightin' Bison
01-25-2012, 04:46 PM
No, your wrong. The QB is the LEADER of the team.

He wasn't the leader this past season. Can I introduce you to McNorton, Willson, Eaves, Richards & Cornick?

What does practice mean? Steve Walker was a TERRIBLE practice player....if they went by practice Steve may have never seen the field.

Did I say something about practice? And how do you know what Steve Walker did in practice? Were you there? Are you just repeating some gossip written on B'ville 3 years ago?

Look, this is wildly veering off topic into a debate how great the QB is. It started as a question of whether QB might change based on Jensen's decline in game performance during the season. His stats did decline. Bison won a National Championship. Make of it what you will: D saved him or Offense played conservatively. I don't remember anyone even claiming that the QB should be changed, just asking whether it is possible.

Next, someone said the poster should be banned for even asking the question and another one said no QB ever in the history of the World ever lost a starting position after winning a championship. The first statement is a hysterical overreaction by some overly sensitive fans, the latter was proven to be wildly wrong with 4 minutes of internet research.

The truth is, everyone can be beaten out. Steve Young forced Joe Montana out at San Francisco. Aaron Rogers forced out Brett Farve at Green Bay. Hall of Famers - gone. Michael Eisner and Michael Ovitz were forced out at Disney. Made billions for companies - gone. It's what happens in life once goals are reached and people relax and let down. Hungrier people behind them continue to complete, and eventually take over.

It has happened on other teams and in other situations with more at stake. It could happen here. Bohl stuck with Mertens long after the change should have been made. If faced with a similar situation in the future, you think he will make the same mistake again?

It is expected that Jensen will improve next season because: he will heal, he will be older, more experienced and stronger. It is expected that he will be the starter, and eventually, the leader. But it is not destiny. He, like everyone else, has to work to keep his spot. So the answer to the original question is, yes, it is possible. That is all.

steelbison
01-25-2012, 05:19 PM
The truth is, everyone can be beaten out. Steve Young forced Joe Montana out at San Francisco. Aaron Rogers forced out Brett Farve at Green Bay. Hall of Famers - gone. Michael Eisner and Michael Ovitz were forced out at Disney. Made billions for companies - gone. It's what happens in life once goals are reached and people relax and let down. Hungrier people behind them continue to complete, and eventually take over.

It has happened on other teams and in other situations with more at stake. It could happen here. Bohl stuck with Mertens long after the change should have been made. If faced with a similar situation in the future, you think he will make the same mistake again?

Your funny. I'll give you that. Comparing QB's at the end of their career(Montana, Favre) to this situation. that's all ya got?????

Then to compare Brock to Mertens....Have you lost your mind????????

Wow...just wow.....

heffray
01-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Ok, so... Who is taking over for Brock? What? What did I miss?

Bisondan
01-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok, so... Who is taking over for Brock? What? What did I miss?

He goes by the name of Carson Wentz.

heffray
01-25-2012, 05:32 PM
He goes by the name of Carson Wentz.

Ah, ok. So he'll start the first game then this year? Interesting. Didn't think THAT was possible....

Bisondan
01-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Ah, ok. So he'll start the first game then this year? Interesting. Didn't think THAT was possible....

Expect to see him with the first team offense in spring practice. If THAT is possible....

heffray
01-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Expect to see him with the first team offense in spring practice. If THAT is possible....

So, we're moving Brock and Eslie to WR to fill that void then? Marcus Williams to back-up QB?

Bisondan
01-25-2012, 05:42 PM

1. Wentz
2. Stanford
3. Jensen
4. Thorton

Re-posted for truth

heffray
01-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Re-posted for truth

OK, great. Thanks for getting me up to speed. Any chance Colton Heagle has any brothers or sisters that could take Marcus's open corner spot, once he moves up to back-up QB? I figure he or she would be a lock for that spot.

Bisondan
01-25-2012, 05:50 PM
OK, great. Thanks for getting me up to speed. Any chance Colton Heagle has any brothers or sisters that could take Marcus's open corner spot, once he moves up to back-up QB? I figure he or she would be a lock for that spot.

Your blatant disrespect for anyone's opinion whose isn't exactly in line with yours is worrisome.

TransAmBison
01-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Your blatant disrespect for anyone's opinion whose isn't exactly in line with yours is worrisome.My blatant disrespect for your opinion is more than worrisome. Thought you should know.

Bisondan
01-25-2012, 05:54 PM
My blatant disrespect for your opinion is more than worrisome. Thought you should know.

Noted Transam

TransAmBison
01-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Noted TransamIf Christian Dudzik isn't named the starting qb in the first week I'm done with Teammakers. Oh yeah, we better have LSU on the schedule for us to beat them down or I'm out. PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hellz yeah!

CAS4127
01-25-2012, 06:59 PM
If Christian Dudzik isn't named the starting qb in the first week I'm done with Teammakers. Oh yeah, we better have LSU on the schedule for us to beat them down or I'm out. PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hellz yeah!

Are you at a bar and drinking?!! Hope so!!

EndZoneQB
01-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Re-posted for truth

How's Bismarck this time of year?

You've seen a lot of college tape of Wentz have you?

westnodak93bison
01-25-2012, 08:14 PM
I think there will be change at QB...meaning our QB will have a much deeper WR corp to work with assuming they can stay healthy.
84 Brandon Chrest WR 6-3 183 Fr. Cavalier, N.D. (Cavalier HS)
15 Dylan Dunn WR 6-3 203 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (Shanley HS)
3 Trevor Gebhart WR 6-1 188 RFr. Sioux Falls, S.D. (Washington HS)
80 Nate Moody WR 6-1 184 Fr. Dickinson, N.D. (Dickinson HS)
4 Ryan Smith WR 5-7 174 So. Wahpeton, N.D. (Wahpeton HS)
89 Zach Vraa WR 6-2 203 RFr. Inver Grove Heights, Minn. (Rosemount HS)
12 Cooper Wahlo, Jr. WR 6-2 195 Woodbury, Minn. (Woodbury HS)

Plus Okland, Gray, Warren and Woods. Lots of potential in these 11 players.

Kermit
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
I think there will be change at QB...meaning our QB will have a much deeper WR corp to work with assuming they can stay healthy.
84 Brandon Chrest WR 6-3 183 Fr. Cavalier, N.D. (Cavalier HS)
15 Dylan Dunn WR 6-3 203 Fr. Fargo, N.D. (Shanley HS)
3 Trevor Gebhart WR 6-1 188 RFr. Sioux Falls, S.D. (Washington HS)
80 Nate Moody WR 6-1 184 Fr. Dickinson, N.D. (Dickinson HS)
4 Ryan Smith WR 5-7 174 So. Wahpeton, N.D. (Wahpeton HS)
89 Zach Vraa WR 6-2 203 RFr. Inver Grove Heights, Minn. (Rosemount HS)
12 Cooper Wahlo, Jr. WR 6-2 195 Woodbury, Minn. (Woodbury HS)

Plus Okland, Gray, Warren and Woods. Lots of potential in these 11 players.

I agree with your main point. I believe Brandon Chrest left the team at some point during the season.

ndsubison1
01-26-2012, 02:04 AM

when did jensen cost us a game this season? he had a huge hand in winning the Minnesota game for us and also Georgia Southern with his big run

Bison8er
01-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Our OC sucks. Playing conservatively when you have the lead is for teams that don't have a strong QB. I will believe all of this receiver bs when I see someone catch a pass in a game.:big grin: I can't wait to be back on here after BJ is replaced by stellar QB. If were running our team on promises made in the past then were not going to get too far. So you're telling me that if BJ does horrible, Bohl will keep playing him to keep promises? PLEASE give me a break.

Bison8er
01-26-2012, 02:26 AM
thats MN and GS. 2 games? Really?

Bison8er
01-26-2012, 02:28 AM
The National Championship is our defenses doing not BJ's doing. I love the Bison and section 21

344Johnson
01-26-2012, 03:59 AM
Tell ya what, if Jensen for some reason isn't starting...we must have a great qb replacing him. Won't happen. Just sayin...

NDSUBowler
01-26-2012, 05:01 AM
when did jensen cost us a game this season? he had a huge hand in winning the Minnesota game for us and also Georgia Southern with his big run
Brock had his good games for sure.

Also had his bad games.

Vs YSU: 11-22 for 133, NDSU scoring 3 points in second half
Vs SIU: 13-23 for 150 1td 1int with 58 yards coming on that flea flicker (yes we won the game but that win is on the defense, not Jensen's stellar play)
Vs SHSU: 10-20 for 120 1td 1int with 39 coming on the DJ screen that was a good playcall and play by DJ, not Jensen's ability

I believe that he isn't the golden boy some people on BV make him out to be. There just seems to be a vibe that he is untouchable, and I think that is a dangerous thing to think since that leads to complacency. If someone great comes along that is better, we should be looking to get them the starting job. If Brock is the best for the job, then he should keep it. It really is as simple as that. There should be no predetermined order to the depth chart at any position.

As I said earlier, we should look for whatever edge we can get to make our team better. That isn't a knock on Brock at ALL, as he did help the team to the National Championship. His game versus UNI was ridiculously fun to watch. 22-25 is sick versus a great defense like theirs. Every player we recruit for NDSU should be done so with the thought that they could be the next great NDSU player and if they turn out to be that good, then they should get the chance, even if it means uprooting past starters like Brock.

No idea if Thorton, Wentz, Stanford are at that quality, for all we know one of them could be the next Flacco/McNair.

Bisondan
01-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Brock had his good games for sure.

Also had his bad games.

Vs YSU: 11-22 for 133, NDSU scoring 3 points in second half
Vs SIU: 13-23 for 150 1td 1int with 58 yards coming on that flea flicker (yes we won the game but that win is on the defense, not Jensen's stellar play)
Vs SHSU: 10-20 for 120 1td 1int with 39 coming on the DJ screen that was a good playcall and play by DJ, not Jensen's ability

I believe that he isn't the golden boy some people on BV make him out to be. There just seems to be a vibe that he is untouchable, and I think that is a dangerous thing to think since that leads to complacency. If someone great comes along that is better, we should be looking to get them the starting job. If Brock is the best for the job, then he should keep it. It really is as simple as that. There should be no predetermined order to the depth chart at any position.

As I said earlier, we should look for whatever edge we can get to make our team better. That isn't a knock on Brock at ALL, as he did help the team to the National Championship. His game versus UNI was ridiculously fun to watch. 22-25 is sick versus a great defense like theirs. Every player we recruit for NDSU should be done so with the thought that they could be the next great NDSU player and if they turn out to be that good, then they should get the chance, even if it means uprooting past starters like Brock.

No idea if Thorton, Wentz, Stanford are at that quality, for all we know one of them could be the next Flacco/McNair.

Get lost Bowler! Logic is not allowed in this thread. :facepalm:

ndsubison1
01-26-2012, 05:36 AM
nobody is saying hes the golden boy....

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/haters-gonna-hate18.jpg?w=500&h=366

ndsubison1
01-26-2012, 05:57 AM
bisondan/bison8er. probably the same person, going on ignore... sorry kids

NDSUBowler
01-26-2012, 07:08 AM
nobody is saying hes the golden boy....

With the way people have poundedthe dissenters...you could have fooled me.

unbison
01-26-2012, 10:59 AM
With the way people have poundedthe dissenters...you could have fooled me.
The kid just led the team to a national fucking championship .... As a sophomore...... With a foot injury...... How do we know he is not the next flaco, McNair .... Answer we don't !
We know Brock was the qb all season we lost once and thus he very obviously did his job this season

tjbison
01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
The kid just led the team to a national fucking championship .... As a sophomore...... With a foot injury...... How do we know he is not the next flaco, McNair .... Answer we don't !
We know Brock was the qb all season we lost once and thus he very obviously did his job this season

I can't f'n believe this thread is still open.........guess a NC brings the stupidity out in many new bandwagon fans

Or old BV members.............you pick

Bison Dan
01-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes please close this thread.... It's about as stupid of a thread there is. If someone comes up in the spring and fall practices that is better than Brock that person will start. period. The odds of that happening isn't high. Really is there anything to argue about?

mhyer63
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
I can't f'n believe this thread is still open.........guess a NC brings the stupidity out in many new bandwagon fans

Or old BV members.............you pick

Well if you hate the thread so much then stop posting to it. Get a kick out of how members like you think that you are the only ones who are right calling people who ask if there is a chance that a new QB could start at some time next year stupid. Maybe the dipshits who think this board belongs to them just because they have 8,000 + posts should get a life.

TransAmBison
01-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Well if you hate the thread so much then stop posting to it. Get a kick out of how members like you think that you are the only ones who are right calling people who ask if there is a chance that a new QB could start at some time next year stupid. Maybe the dipshits who think this board belongs to them just because they have 8,000 + posts should get a life.
You are the one who recently decided to join this board of dipshits.

tjamz
01-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I believe that this silliness has went on long enough.................we all know lakes has not used his elgibilty and from what i heard in frisco cas is working as his attorney to try and take advantage of that..............could be a very interesting offseason...............should be a cheaper legal battle then the nickname issue

But the real question is this: If lakes does get the starting job at QB, how long until he is banned from the locker room before and after games?

NDSUBowler
01-26-2012, 06:06 PM
I prefer to think the Bison defense led the team to the NC, not Brock. He led the offense, though, I agree with you. Once again, I agree he did his job. The team won the title and there is not much to say to go against that. You seem to skip right over the point I have been making, though, which is that there should always be open minds to improvement...even at the cost of Brocks job. Thinking outside the box seems to be something you are failing to grasp in this situation. I have not said Brock isn't the best QB for the job. I have only 1. Pointed out he has had a few bad games which showed he isnt the 'superstar qb' which isnt saying hes bad....just there is room for improvement and 2. Theres always a possibility that one of the new guys just MAY be better for the job...and if they are....they should get it. We wouldnt know since they redshirted last year (Wentz Stanford) or spent another year learning the system (Thorton).

So quit acting so damn offended at the though of me or others trying to bring up a debate just because we DARae think differently on how to possibly make the team better if the chance arises. Once again, that is not a knock on Brock at ALL...more a compliment to NDSU recruiting on their ability to potentially bring in better talrnt year in and year out. The fact that there is the potential for a better QB to come out on any given year should be something we celebrate as it shows how good our program really is and should be worthy of a debate...as hard as it apparently is for some of you to talk about.

heffray
01-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Your blatant disrespect for anyone's opinion whose isn't exactly in line with yours is worrisome.

Lol. Your complete and total inability to have a little fun and not take yourself so seriously on a freaking forum website is, well, MORE worrisome. Ease up, kiddo.

CAS4127
01-26-2012, 06:26 PM
The NDSU FB way has always been to put your best player on the field at each position, regardless of experience or seniority. Look at Heagle and Williams for example. There were older/more experienced players in front of them, but they were given their chance because they earned it. Same goes for me when I was a RFr.

Provided the NDSU way still exists, there is definetly a chance that Brock will not be our starter throughout next year. I would be surprised if he isn't our opening game starter, but I wouldn't be circumcised if he wasn't either!!!

mebisonII
01-26-2012, 06:28 PM
The NDSU FB way has always been to put your best player on the field at each position, regardless of experience or seniority. Look at Heagle and Williams for example. There were older/more experienced players in front of them, but they were given their chance because they earned it. Same goes for me when I was a RFr.

Provided the NDSU way still exists, there is definetly a chance that Brock will not be our starter throughout next year. I would be surprised if he isn't our opening game starter, but I wouldn't be circumcised if he wasn't either!!!

What the....????

Is this the bet that AG is offering you? You two are strange.

heffray
01-26-2012, 06:28 PM

That's a tough procedure at your age.

Professor Chaos
01-26-2012, 06:32 PM
I would be surprised if he isn't our opening game starter, but I wouldn't be circumcised if he wasn't either!!!
:rofl: Now this is a candidate for damnyouautocorrect.com (http://damnyouautocorrect.com/) if I've ever seen one.

BlueBisonRock
01-26-2012, 07:26 PM

Will there be a tailgate before the procedure? I would attend just to give you the pregame support you so richly deserve! I have not seen anyone so willing to 'give it up' for the team as you.

4mcruenomore
01-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I have a #18 Nick Mertens jersey

Bison8er
01-26-2012, 09:32 PM
The Bison8er is not disco dan or whoever the hell you were suggesting are the same person. I get a kick out of people on here demanding that this thread be closed because other people have a different point of view than they do. Give me a break and shut up. If you don't like what you're reading, get the hell off of the thread. BJ will not be the starter mid season next year and thats OK. I can't wait to come on here and tell all of you "dipshits" (TA word not mine)next year that I was right about this. This was the most intelligent post I've seen on here in quite awhile. Peace out dogs. Love section 21 and the Bison.

Bison8er
01-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Burn the Merten's Jersey

tjbison
01-26-2012, 09:42 PM

Let the damn coaches decide this, Brock just led us "dipshits" to a National Championship, and then we "dipshits" get really smart new and enlightened posters on here saying without the Defense Brock wouldn't have done what he did....well just think if his recievers didnt drop all those passes, we didnt miss PAT's and FG's, without any type of offense it dont matter how damn good your D is you WONT win so yes almighty one this "dipshit" thinks this thread is fucking stupid, if you dont like what I post there is this neat little feature called IGNORE which you have now joined my list.

BTW im in no way saying Brock should be handed the keys, but its his to LOSE not EARN like the rest. They have a tough job ahead to steal it away but if someone can awesome, Competition brings out the best in everyone. All in Contention are Juniors and younger great problem to have.

TransAmBison
01-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Look at Brock's completion percentage while healthy...absolutely awesome. He percentages took a hit with the turf toe...but I'm in the camp that it took a really tough guy to battle through it...in addition to the flu for GSU. Kid has heart, and has earned better treatment than this crap. Not to mention the depleted receiving core.

bisonhp330
01-26-2012, 09:47 PM
:rofl: Now this is a candidate for damnyouautocorrect.com (http://damnyouautocorrect.com/) if I've ever seen one.

and i thought this thread coudln't take a worse turn......

tjbison
01-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Look at Brock's completion percentage while healthy...absolutely awesome. He percentages took a hit with the turf toe...but I'm in the camp that it took a really tough guy to battle through it...in addition to the flu for GSU. Kid has heart, and has earned better treatment than this crap. Not to mention the depleted receiving core.

^^^^^^^^^^^DING^^^^^^^^^^DING^^^^^^^^^^^DING

GSU was a career game for him IMO. His run, his composure, his heart all with Turf Toe and the damn flu...but well he just was really THAT good

mhyer63
01-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Let the damn coaches decide this, Brock just led us "dipshits" to a National Championship, and then we "dipshits" get really smart new and enlightened posters on here saying without the Defense Brock wouldn't have done what he did....well just think if his recievers didnt drop all those passes, we didnt miss PAT's and FG's, without any type of offense it dont matter how damn good your D is you WONT win so yes almighty one this "dipshit" thinks this thread is fucking stupid, if you dont like what I post there is this neat little feature called IGNORE which you have now joined my list.

BTW im in no way saying Brock should be handed the keys, but its his to LOSE not EARN like the rest. They have a tough job ahead to steal it away but if someone can awesome, Competition brings out the best in everyone. All in Contention are Juniors and younger great problem to have.

OMG no don't put me on the ignore list, how will I get through the day, lol. You a damn joke buddy, 8000 + posts in just a little under 4.5 years, do you even have a life. Like I said, dipshit like him thinks he owns the board just because he sits at the computer all day posting, and god help us all if we think different than he does. I don't care who the QB is next year at any time of the season as long as he is the best one for the job no matter if he is younger than Brock or not.

Civil06
01-26-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't care who the QB is next year at any time of the season as long as he is the best one for the job no matter if he is younger than Brock or not.

You just showed your cards. This scenario doesn't list Brock as the best one for the job, just anybody else. This thread is absolutely ridiculous, but I suppose saying that makes me a commie that think he rules the board. Another QB will certainly get their shot, as soon as Brock is either injured or out of eligibility. The best player will play, and right now the best QB on the team hands down is Brock Jensen.

Notorious
01-26-2012, 10:12 PM
I would be surprised if he isn't our opening game starter, but I wouldn't be circumcised if he wasn't either!!!

And to think, this thread had just about run its course. I'm literally wiping the tears from my eyes right now!!!!

CAS4127
01-26-2012, 10:14 PM
You just showed your cards. This scenario doesn't list Brock as the best one for the job, just anybody else. This thread is absolutely ridiculous, but I suppose saying that makes me a commie that think he rules the board. Another QB will certainly get their shot, as soon as Brock is either injured or out of eligibility. The best player will play, and right now the best QB on the team hands down is Brock Jensen.

Yabut is he circumcised??!!:hide:

mhyer63
01-26-2012, 10:16 PM

In case you didn't notice, I did not name anyone. That is why I said I don't care who the QB is. Most people would know that means any one of them, including Brock.

heffray
01-26-2012, 10:32 PM
...BJ will not be the starter mid season next year and thats OK. I can't wait to come on here and tell all of you "dipshits" (TA word not mine)next year that I was right about this...

I'm keeping this... should be fun later.

Bison8er
01-26-2012, 10:38 PM
OK. I admit it. All of you are right. Brock Jensen will be the next Tom Brady. I can't believe that posting on what I thought was a good thread for some good discussion, turned into douchebags swearing at me, calling others names, and acting like the sky is falling. Get over it people. I guess I'll look for another thread that I can agree with all of you on so I can at least post without being beatdown. Thanks and I love the Bison.

CAS4127
01-26-2012, 10:42 PM
OK. I admit it. All of you are right. Brock Jensen will be the next Tom Brady. I can't believe that posting on what I thought was a good thread for some good discussion, turned into douchebags swearing at me, calling others names, and acting like the sky is falling. Get over it people. I guess I'll look for another thread that I can agree with all of you on so I can at least post without being beatdown. Thanks and I love the Bison.

Me thinks u should read carefully ur own posts. U r insistent about ur opinion and become angry when others disagree, all the while suggesting that u are not allowed ur own opinion. Understand?!

BlueBisonRock
01-26-2012, 10:46 PM
OMG no don't put me on the ignore list, how will I get through the day, lol. You a damn joke buddy, 8000 + posts in just a little under 4.5 years, do you even have a life. Like I said, dipshit like him thinks he owns the board just because he sits at the computer all day posting, and god help us all if we think different than he does. I don't care who the QB is next year at any time of the season as long as he is the best one for the job no matter if he is younger than Brock or not.

Come on now, its not his 8k posts that have established cred. He is number 15 on the post quantity list. Rather, he has made a large number of insightful and quality posts that bring value to the discussion and the board in those 8k posts.

And its not your lack of posts that are damaging your credibility. Rather it is the lack of quality posts. Even if all of your posts brought value, he has contributed a lot more than your posts to this point in time. Give some quality posts a shot rather than bitching about those who have contributed. It ain't old posters vs. new posters that makes the difference here.

That said, Brock is going into next season as number one on the depth chart; just like Ojuri is number one at RB, Heagle is number one at Saftey (9GT1 and CAS will need to tell me which Saftey!), and Williams at number one at the shut down Corner. Every one of those spots is open to competition, but the likelyhood is that baring injury, all of these incumbents will be in the number one roll at their position.

Time to move on to more important subjects like the jokes, the demotes, and Recruiting!

mhyer63
01-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Well maybe this can settle it. If........ Brock is untouchable next year outside of injury. Who do you rate as the top five QB's in Bison history of any era. I will only be able to account for the last 22 years, and I will put Simdorn, Bentrim, Walker, and even Feeney over Jensen ( this is based on their skills and not any NC to their name ). And for all I know, there might have been others in the past before them that should be on the list. All of those QB's that I listed to the very best of my knowledge beat out or replaced starters( I don't care if they had a NC or not ). And unless you put Brock as the Best of all time, goes to show that there is always someone better out there, and he just might be on the team right now.

CAS4127
01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Well maybe this can settle it. If........ Brock is untouchable next year outside of injury. Who do you rate as the top five QB's in Bison history of any era. I will only be able to account for the last 22 years, and I will put Simdorn, Bentrim, Walker, and even Feeney over Jensen ( this is based on their skills and not any NC to their name ). And for all I know, there might have been others in the past before them that should be on the list. All of those QB's that I listed to the very best of my knowledge beat out or replaced starters( I don't care if they had a NC or not ). And unless you put Brock as the Best of all time, goes to show that there is always someone better out there, and he just might

be on the team right now.

And I really don't think anyone disagrees that Brock could be beat out. But, that has to happen-->right??!!

silkamilkamonico
01-26-2012, 11:13 PM
And unless you put Brock as the Best of all time, goes to show that there is always someone better out there, and he just might be on the team right now.

If he is, he sure hasn't stepped up yet. Will that person please step up soon? NDSU only has about 7 months before there next game. Would really hate being stuck with Brock Jensen at QB again.

silkamilkamonico
01-26-2012, 11:15 PM
And I really don't think anyone disagrees that Brock could be beat out. But, that has to happen-->right??!!

Anyone on the team could technically be beaten out next year. I don't see any John Elway's or Lawrence Taylor's on the roster currently.

mhyer63
01-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Key word you used is" 15th on the quantity list ", who cares about quantity, just means he sits around posting a lot. Now if there was a quality list that would be better, meaning that he has a lot of good posts. Who is to say that the stuff he writes is good or not. Just because he posts a lot does not mean there good. And I'm not saying he does not have any good postings.

CAS4127
01-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Anyone on the team could technically be beaten out next year. I don't see any John Elway's or Lawrence Taylor's on the roster currently.

I agree-->See my previous post on "The Bison Way"! I will tell a story about recruiting tomorrow that will make people think, at least the way I was recruited. On IPhone now, so my ability to post is less then Tranny's right now!

TransAmBison
01-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Me thinks there a couple people who personally don't like Brock. Haters gonna hate. He only won an NC. He only finished with 68% completions. He only threw a few interceptions. Funny thing is...he is deserving of being mentioned along with Simdorn, Bentrim, & Walker. Feeney? No way...he was during my era...decent qb...but not great. Take your personal crap and make like a tree and get outa here.

56BISON73
01-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Me thinks there a couple people who personally don't like Brock. Haters gonna hate. He only won an NC. He only finished with 68% completions. He only threw a few interceptions. Funny thing is...he is deserving of being mentioned along with Simdorn, Bentrim, & Walker. Feeney? No way...he was during my era...decent qb...but not great. Take your personal crap and make like a tree and get outa here.

I agree.
Fact---Without Brock we dont win the N/C. Period.

X-Factor
01-27-2012, 02:14 AM
I agree.

Correction, we probably would have won the N/C without him, but we certainly wouldn't have even got there without him!
Without Brock, we would have most likely been on the road in the quarters and playing on the road is much different than in the friendly confines of the FD.

With that said, I have high confidence in the backup QB's that we have. Without Brock and Esley we would not be where we are at. I think either one can win us plenty of games. Right now, Brock is the starter.

BlueBisonRock
01-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Key word you used is" 15th on the quantity list ", who cares about quantity, just means he sits around posting a lot. Now if there was a quality list that would be better, meaning that he has a lot of good posts. Who is to say that the stuff he writes is good or not. Just because he posts a lot does not mean there good. And I'm not saying he does not have any good postings.

You used quantity to start the discussion. I simply positioned your statement in a manner that you could perhaps understand. Lets try a different approach.

So a man walks into a bar. He hears people yell out numbers (#41!, #56, etc.) and then everyone laughs. He asks the guy next to him what's going on, and he says the jokes have been told so many times, people just yell out their numbers instead of retelling them. So he yells out #27! but nobody laughs. The guy next to him says, "Some people can tell a joke, and some people can't."

Or:

Izzy walks into a bar. Bartender asks, "how's it going?"

Okay, I guess. Holding my own.

"That's good." replied the bartender. "You'd get arrested if you held someone else’s."

Or the PL special: A seal walks into a Club

Is there a point to this? Yep. Loosen up. Chit happens and will continue to happen. Butt not because of an interweb forum.

CAS4127
01-27-2012, 02:19 AM
I agree.

This true--No question! That doesn't equate to next year for certain, but this year there in absolutely no question. Until someone proves otherwise, the same holds true for next year. Keep in mind that an offense is limited by play calling-->know what I am sayin'?

bisonhp330
01-27-2012, 02:38 AM
isnt this horse dead yet.........nope.....

http://i41.tinypic.com/2u7r1nd.jpg

Herd
01-27-2012, 02:49 AM
While it is certainly Brock's job to lose, he better keep working and get better. There is a hell of a lot of talent with Wentz, Thorton, and Stanford and they didn't come to NDSU to sit. Is it an open competition? It sure the hell is, so you can quit whining about anyone challenging Jensen, because he will be challenged.

What's the chance that we make it through another season with 1 QB playing? Not very good in my opinion. Two or three guys better be ready.

Notorious
01-27-2012, 03:16 AM
While it is certainly Brock's job to lose, he better keep working and get better. There is a hell of a lot of talent with Wentz, Thorton, and Stanford and they didn't come to NDSU to sit. Is it an open competition? It sure the hell is, so you can quit whining about anyone challenging Jensen, because he will be challenged.

What's the chance that we make it through another season with 1 QB playing? Not very good in my opinion. Two or three guys better be ready.

Agreed, and Bohl better have a scalpel ready for CAS when that happens...

56BISON73
01-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Correction, we probably would have won the N/C without him, but we certainly wouldn't have even got there without him!
Without Brock, we would have most likely been on the road in the quarters and playing on the road is much different than in the friendly confines of the FD.

With that said, I have high confidence in the backup QB's that we have. Without Brock and Esley we would not be where we are at. I think either one can win us plenty of games. Right now, Brock is the starter.

Even if we got to the N/C and Brock couldnt play we dont win. I saw nothing that impressed me from the back ups this year. I do have confidence that the back ups improve.

56BISON73
01-27-2012, 03:26 AM

I dont see why that wouldnt happen. There are many teams in FBS and FCS that use the same qb all year.

Bisondan
01-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Even if we got to the N/C and Brock couldnt play we dont win. I saw nothing that impressed me from the back ups this year. I do have confidence that the back ups improve.

I didn't see anything impressive either but I only saw the 10 throws the backup quarterbacks threw this season. Are you basing your opinion that we wouldn't win the National Title game based on these ten throws?

For all I know you attend every practice, I am just curious.

Notorious
01-27-2012, 03:42 AM
I didn't see anything impressive either but I only saw the 10 throws the backup quarterbacks threw this season. Are you basing your opinion that we wouldn't win the National Title game based on these ten throws?

relax, stan....

56BISON73
01-27-2012, 03:54 AM

What I observed from our back up QB during mop up duty in a game situation would not have transferred well to the N/C game. Practice is practice.

JustinTyem
01-27-2012, 05:12 AM
"The leader can never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi
ATTITUDE, CHARACTER, ENTHUSIASM, TEAM and "Every Down Every Play"(His HS Team Mottos)
See Brock Jensen^^^^^^^ http://wsd.waupaca.k12.wi.us/whs/sports/Football/

heffray
01-27-2012, 06:23 PM
In all seriousness, I don't see anyway Brock is not the starter all year unless 1 of 2 things happens:

1. He gets injured
2. He starts playing very badly and literally loses games because of bad play and/or costly turn-overs

There is just no way that if Brock is even, say, mediocre, and we keep winning games, that they would take him out because of something the back-ups are showing them in practice.

I don't think very many people disagree with ^This, a basic synopsis of this entire thread. Anyone who does disagree, well... I guess I've been wrong before.