PDA

View Full Version : Off season sucks- topics to pass the winter spring and summer

HerdBot
01-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Man I'm all ready pumped for next year . This is going to be a LONG off season. We're going to be returning another good team . Recruiting will tie me over till Feb 1st. Its always an exciting time. Then we have spring football and the Spring Game in April. The basketball team could really help us out by making our 2nd big dance.

Things to follow ...

Recruiting
Men's Basketball hopeful run to Big Dance
Shac donations
Final home game on the schedule
TV opportunities with Fox Sports North +hopefully in HD
Rumors on the return of Sigers and/or Crockett
New lineup projections? New impact players? Players moving to new positions?
hopeful lack of offseason arrests and stupidity
hopeful lack of players leaving team (were on a 2 year roll)
hopeful lack of players with academic issues
Spring game. Hopefully a record crowd
spring ball with new turf
Upgrades to tailgating
Camp
Game time
Operation repeat

81to86Bisonfan
01-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Man I'm all ready pumped for next year . This is going to be a LONG off season. We're going to be returning another good team . Recruiting will tie me over till Feb 1st. Its always an exciting time. Then we have spring football and the Spring Game in April. The basketball team could really help us out by making our 2nd big dance.

Things to follow ...

Recruiting
Shac donations
Upgrades to tailgating
Camp
Game time
Operation repeat

Gabe,
Hang in there. I hope there will be more stories and coverage this off season than previously. I pumped about next year as well, should be another run to the NC, I hope. Signing day will be next. Hopefully no one does anything stupid this off season.

bisonmike2
01-19-2012, 04:26 PM
I heard on the radio this morning that the T-mobile chick has topless photos out, so that should help pass the time.

TransAmBison
01-19-2012, 04:29 PM
I heard on the radio this morning that the T-mobile chick has topless photos out, so that should help pass the time.I heard she was dating Steven Threet.

HerdBot
01-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Gabe,
Hang in there. I hope there will be more stories and coverage this off season than previously. I pumped about next year as well, should be another run to the NC, I hope. Signing day will be next. Hopefully none does anything stupid this off season.

hopeful ... last year was so much fun. Tailgating was insane with 9 games plus trips to Minneapolis and Bookings. Next year hope we can take over the UNI and Dakota Dome. Hey there are 2 more topics!

runtheoption
01-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I heard she was dating Steven Threet.

They were seen at the drive-thru of the Sonic in West Fargo. From there, they drove to the airport to welcome some Bison recruits.

TransAmBison
01-19-2012, 04:36 PM
They were seen at the drive-thru of the Sonic in West Fargo. From there, they drove to the airport to welcome some Bison recruits.It was reported they were wearing Sioux Suck T-shirts.

westnodak93bison
01-19-2012, 04:39 PM

Things to follow ...

Recruiting
Shac donations
Upgrades to tailgating
Camp
Game time
Operation repeat

I don't think they will have the new turf installed for the spring game. I thought it was to be finished in June?

runtheoption
01-19-2012, 04:40 PM
It was reported they were wearing Sioux Suck T-shirts.

I heard Marcus Williams and Gov. Dalrymple had the shirts made for the occasion. Gene Roebuck arrived and called Marcus a rascist. Heitkamp and McFeely were there, but did not report it. Kolpack was, and he tweeted about it.

TransAmBison
01-19-2012, 04:43 PM
I heard Marcus Williams and Gov. Dalrymple had the shirts made for the occasion. Gene Roebuck arrived and called Marcus a rascist. Heitkamp and McFeely were there, but did not report it. Kolpack was, and he tweeted about it.I heard a hockey game broke out between Hietkamp and Kolpack.

344Johnson
01-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Bisonville Flag football!!!!!!11!!11111

TransAmBison
01-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Bisonville Flag football!!!!!!11!!11111
Yeah! Seriously, why isn't Kolpack writing about this yet? WTF?!?! He should be having write ups about individual players...where they are from, what their favorite movies are, favorite color, favorite brand of formula (for teh youngins), etc. Not even a tweet or mention of it in the media blog even. I bet the Forum won't print it.

runtheoption
01-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah! Seriously, why isn't Kolpack writing about this yet? WTF?!?! He should be having write ups about individual players...where they are from, what their favorite movies are, favorite color, favorite brand of formula (for teh youngins), etc. Not even a tweet or mention of it in the media blog even. I bet the Forum won't print it.

You can bet that as soon as one of the participants in the game gets in trouble with the law, it will be breaking news on the InForum. I think SiouxSports.com is holding a press conference to announce they will NOT be playing Bisonville in flag football.

TransAmBison
01-19-2012, 05:39 PM
You can bet that as soon as one of the participants in the game gets in trouble with the law, it will be breaking news on the InForum. I think SiouxSports.com is holding a press conference to announce they will NOT be playing Bisonville in flag football.TMWTFN stated the flag football game was indeed not a higher level. Kupchella was unavailable for comment.

MNLonghorn10
01-19-2012, 06:05 PM
took a shot of the fc this morning when it was -17 out.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4176/downloadsg.jpg

poor guys probably pissed at us for leading us to victory, then we dont even put him in storage for the winter :hide:

yes thats a rabbit under it.

TransAmBison
01-19-2012, 06:08 PM

poor guys probably pissed at us for not taking him to the game, then we dont even put him in storage for the winter :hide:

yes thats a rabbit under it.fify..........

MNLonghorn10
01-19-2012, 06:10 PM
that too. i blame hando

TransAmBison
01-19-2012, 06:12 PM
that too. i blame handoHando sucks. Hando sucks like a Sioux.*

*Was that too rough?**
**twss

IzzyFlexion
01-20-2012, 11:21 PM

poor guys probably pissed at us for leading us to victory, then we dont even put him in storage for the winter :hide:

yes thats a rabbit under it.

Would you guys mind if I rented it out for the Men's Basketball season edition of "Izzy's Booby Bus"??.....say maybe Bracketbuster weekend?

HooliganBison
01-21-2012, 02:58 AM
The "old" guys call green for the game. That way CAS can wear his jersey.

CAS4127
01-21-2012, 03:03 AM
That up there is just wrong-->just wrong!! Just sayin'!!

HooliganBison
01-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Another thought. Young guns please don't bring anyone you want to impress. I would think it would be embarassing to have to explain to them why you got your butt kicked by a bunch of old guys.

Facts
01-21-2012, 03:18 AM
thread starting quotas?

unbison
01-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Off season topics
I am so unable to think freely I need to give outlines for myself to follow through the offseason.....
Who am I ?

IzzyFlexion
01-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Would you guys mind if I rented it out for the Men's Basketball season edition of "Izzy's Booby Bus"??.....say maybe Bracketbuster weekend?

Well, here we go with this sheite again.
Nobody thinks I'm serious or nobody wants "that" kind of entertainment in their otherwise utopian existances.
For you Fargonauts, the wives and kids excuse doesn't apply in this one.
EZQ, Hando, ML......do want to make off season money with this beauty (Cruiser) or not?

SDbison
01-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Well, here we go with this sheite again.
Nobody thinks I'm serious or nobody wants "that" kind of entertainment in their otherwise utopian existances.
For you Fargonauts, the wives and kids excuse doesn't apply in this one.
EZQ, Hando, ML......do want to make off season money with this beauty (Cruiser) or not?
Sure I am in (no excuses)...........by the way, what does IzzyFlexion mean?

IzzyFlexion
01-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Sure I am in (no excuses)...........by the way, what does IzzyFlexion mean?

YES!!!!!!!!
I knew SD wouldn't let me down!

Why IzzyFlexion? :
I carefully and thoughfully selected this Bisonville user name as an homage to the great National Hall of Fame long time Bison Athletic Trainer Denis "Izzy" Isrow.
He is the primary reason that I..... 1) came to NDSU......2) stayed at NDSU......3) stayed with the Athletic Training program despite a very rough start......4) learned skills that go FAR beyond just "book learnin'". He taught me responsibility, accountability, self discipline, loyalty, and how to treat others respectfully and empathetically. Izzy's soldiers, as we are known, are sprinkled all over the planet and, in large part, have him to thank for any of our success that may be linked to our time at NDSU.

The "Flexion" part is sort of an inside joke amongst hundreds of current and former students of Izzy's.
Flexion is a term used in anatomy. In short, it describes a particular plane of movement related to one's body. It is primarily used to describe directional movement of the extremities but can also denote movement of the head and spine.

Izzy is well known for his unique brand of discipline. One of those old school "stern but fair" types. This no doubt stems from his time serving in the military. Often times, he would become agitated or very concerned about one of his students. This often led to a one-on-one CLOSED DOOR "consultation". If one of us student trainers were fortunate enough to summoned by the Iz he had an interesting mannerism whereby he would swiftly flash his left arm across is body in a pointing motion (arm, hand, and index finger) and with a laser beam stare** would announce, "Get in my office!!" More often than not, the student on Izzy's hot seat would need a change of underwear in order to finish his or her day so as not to offend fellow students.

**In anotomical/biomechanical terminology, THIS is known as "IzzyFlexion"

As many of you know, this incredible man has taken ill over the course of the past couple of years and needs all of our prayers and well wishes. He is no longer active in the program but his legendary time and contributions to NDSU will NEVER be forgotten.

SDbison
01-21-2012, 05:33 PM
YES!!!!!!!!

Why IzzyFlexion? :
I carefully and thoughfully selected this Bisonville user name as an homage to the great National Hall of Fame long time Bison Athletic Trainer Denis "Izzy" Isrow.
He is the primary reason that I..... 1) came to NDSU......2) stayed at NDSU......3) stayed with the Athletic Training program despite a very rough start......4) learned skills that go FAR beyond just "book learnin'". He taught me responsibility, accountability, self discipline, loyalty, and how to treat others respectfully and empathetically. Izzy's soldiers, as we are known, are sprinkled all over the planet and, in large part, have him to thank for any of our success that may be linked to our time at NDSU.

The "Flexion" part is sort of an inside joke amongst hundreds of current and former students of Izzy's.
Flexion is a term used in anatomy. In short, it describes a particular plane of movement related to one's body. It is primarily used to describe directional movement of the extremities but can also denote movement of the head and spine.

Izzy is well known for his unique brand of discipline. One of those old school "stern but fair" types. This no doubt stems from his time serving in the military. Often times, he would become agitated or very concerned about one of his students. This often led to a one-on-one CLOSED DOOR "consultation". If one of us student trainers were fortunate enough to summoned by the Iz he had an interesting mannerism whereby he would swiftly flash his left arm across is body in a pointing motion (arm, hand, and index finger) and with a laser beam stare** would announce, "Get in my office!!" More often than not, the student on Izzy's hot seat would need a change of underwear in order to finish his or her day so as not to offend fellow students.

As many of you know, this incredible man has taken ill over the course of the past couple of years and needs all of our prayers and well wishes. He is no longer active in the program but his legendary time and contributions to NDSU will NEVER be forgotten. Thanks for the explanation........I hope Isrow is doing OK as others have spoke highly of him.
As for the "IzzyFlexion" that is quite unique.........in a way I was sort off on the right track as it sounded to me like some sort of dance move.........ha ha!
And finally of course.........we need more titties before during and after tailgating for Bison games.

NFH Schlüssel
01-21-2012, 05:39 PM
YES!!!!!!!!

Why IzzyFlexion? :

As many of you know, this incredible man has taken ill over the course of the past couple of years and needs all of our prayers and well wishes. He is no longer active in the program but his legendary time and contributions to NDSU will NEVER be forgotten.

I didn't know he was ill... what does he have? I saw him in Philly a couple of years ago.
But, from your description, it sounds like yu just got caught doing something! Lord knows, you've never did anything against the "norm" in the training room!

IzzyFlexion
01-21-2012, 05:55 PM
I didn't know he was ill... what does he have? I saw him in Philly a couple of years ago.
But, from your description, it sounds like yu just got caught doing something! Lord knows, you've never did anything against the "norm" in the training room!

Flip????
Is that you?

NFH Schlüssel
01-21-2012, 06:00 PM
Flip????
Is that you?

How'd ya figure that one out?

NFH Schlüssel
01-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Am I outed now?

IzzyFlexion
01-21-2012, 06:13 PM
How'd ya figure that one out?

Well you sumbitch!!

Let's just say.....I've had a lot of reps playing freelance detective over the course of the last several years. Turns out, my money seems to have a hypnotic effect on those close to me. So much so, that several have tried to separate me from it.

Speaking of which...........you still enjoying the misery of matrimony?

NFH Schlüssel
01-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Well you sumbitch!!

Let's just say.....I've had a lot of reps playing freelance detective over the course of the last several years. Turns out, my money seems to have a hypnotic effect on those close to me. So much so, that several have tried to separate me from it.

Speaking of which...........you still enjoying the misery of matrimony?

Yes & no... wife & kids are in the Fatherland & I'm here. Long story. But I'm currently "enjoying" administrative leave because some frosh can't take a joke! Long story. I got back to this side of the pond the Thurs. before the game. Was looking for fotos when I stumbled on this site. Talked to the Z-man & he said you were here too. He told me who you are, but I had forgotten. Saw IzzyFlexion & figured it had to be someone from the hood; the young bucks don't know him.

IzzyFlexion
01-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Yes & no... wife & kids are in the Fatherland & I'm here. Long story. But I'm currently "enjoying" administrative leave because some frosh can't take a joke! Long story. I got back to this side of the pond the Thurs. before the game. Was looking for fotos when I stumbled on this site. Talked to the Z-man & he said you were here too. He told me who you are, but I had forgotten. Saw IzzyFlexion & figured it had to be someone from the hood; the young bucks don't know him.

All right, dammit.
I'm vouchin' for this here fella.
He's good people. I encourage everyone to welcome him to B-Ville and to please join me in helping rid this true Bison of his red chicklets.
He is an alum of Bison athletics and NOT a GD UNDie!

NFH Schlüssel
01-21-2012, 07:34 PM
All right, dammit.
I'm vouchin' for this here fella.
He's good people. I encourage everyone to welcome him to B-Ville and to please join me in helping rid this true Bison of his red chicklets.
He is an alum of Bison athletics and NOT a GD UNDie!

Thanks for the endorsement, I hope I'm worthy.

On another note, check out "news about other schools" then "forum letter from Jan. 17" posts 39-44 & 49... is the RDC renamed? I haven't been to campus since I last visited Hoople!

I BMed you... eh, I mean PMed.

A1pigskin
01-22-2012, 01:51 PM
I am going through withdrawl.

TransAmBison
01-22-2012, 03:58 PM
We should form a support group...maybe name it Bisonville or something. Just spitballing here...

Tatanka
01-23-2012, 02:30 AM
just spitballing here...

twss .

56BISON73
01-23-2012, 04:08 AM
YES!!!!!!!!

Why IzzyFlexion? :

Well said!!!!!!!! One other thing you learned. You NEVER EVER cut Izzys class. Death was not an excuse and you still had to make up the class.

bisonmike2
01-30-2012, 08:36 PM
I heard she was dating Steven Threet.

True story, Steve Threet was on ESPN Outside the Lines on Friday. It was a great show about concussions and new helmet technology. He isn't playing anymore due to concussions.