PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Bison Basketball....where we are......where we are going.

WYOBISONMAN
01-18-2012, 11:43 AM
What do you thinks folks.....what does the future hold?

WYOBISONMAN
01-18-2012, 11:50 AM
OK......my choice was.....

If Saul can get these guys out of the slump maybe a run at the SL tourney.

We are in a scoring slump and have to get beyond it. The season is young. The team is young. And, this team has a lot of talent and potential. Let's get behind Saul and the boys and see where we go for the rest of the season!!

TransAmBison
01-18-2012, 12:10 PM
We are where we always have been and probably always will be...middle of the pack team that gives a few scares.

344Johnson
01-18-2012, 12:34 PM
We'll be fine. The sky isn't falling. Guys lost on the road in a game that in the back of our minds, we knew could be tough away from home. Hopefully this wakes them up.

tony
01-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Can I wait until after the SDSU game to say?

I don't know what went on at the UND game but from the box score it looks like the Bison couldn't hit anything except free throws. Good defense by UND?

TransAmBison
01-18-2012, 12:48 PM
We'll be fine. The sky isn't falling. Guys lost on the road in a game that in the back of our minds, we knew could be tough away from home. Hopefully this wakes them up.Define "fine". Is 3rd place fine? How about 2nd?

344Johnson
01-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Define "fine". Is 3rd place fine? How about 2nd?

finishing top 3 in conference play is fine for me.

TransAmBison
01-18-2012, 12:55 PM
finishing top 3 in conference play is fine for me.Don't set the bar too high. I guess that is why I've never gotten into NDSU basketball. To me top three is crap.

IndyBison
01-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Can I wait until after the SDSU game to say?

I don't know what went on at the UND game but from the box score it looks like the Bison couldn't hit anything except free throws. Good defense by UND?
I was very impressed with the UND defense. They seemed to be everywhere. There were very few wide open looks and the clogged the lane well. There were a few break-aways where a defender came up from behind to poke the ball away. Neither team looked efficient on offense but the defenses I think had a lot to do with that.

NDSU '96
01-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Re: the poll options- if by a "run at the SL tourney" means a loss in the semi, then I'll change my vote to that.

Jay
01-18-2012, 01:24 PM
OK......my choice was.....

If Saul can get these guys out of the slump maybe a run at the SL tourney.

We are in a scoring slump and have to get beyond it. The season is young. The team is young. And, this team has a lot of talent and potential. Let's get behind Saul and the boys and see where we go for the rest of the season!!

I picked the same. I see zero leadership on the court. LA can't hit anything minus something in the lane he gets from penetration. Braun gets a T after a "hard foul". Just buck up and play. Dylan's attitude and demeanor on the court pissed me off, let alone his play. Granted we are young, but someone needs to step up and lead this team

Notorious
01-18-2012, 01:25 PM
I was very impressed with the UND defense. They seemed to be everywhere. There were very few wide open looks and the clogged the lane well. There were a few break-aways where a defender came up from behind to poke the ball away. Neither team looked efficient on offense but the defenses I think had a lot to do with that.

I disagree a little. I think it was two very average, and evenly matched teams, without much talent. With that said, und did play hard, and out hustled us.

Strommer10
01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Don't set the bar too high. I guess that is why I've never gotten into NDSU basketball. To me top three is crap.
Top 3 heading into the SL Tourney is not a bad spot. Assuming we win the first round, which is easier said than done, we would probably face SDSU in the Semis. Which is a good matchup for us. If we were to advance to the finals against presumably ORU, anything can happen in one game.

Basketball is different than football. It's all about the tourney at the end. We can set ourselves up nicely with the 2nd or 3rd seed. Personally I just don't wanna see ORU til the championship, if we were to make it there.

Bison"FANatic"
01-18-2012, 01:49 PM
We shot 32.8% for the game last night and normally we shoot 48.9% and that percentage ranks us at 17th in the nation.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/stats/teamsort/NCAAB/SCORING/regularseason?&_1:col_1=7

We couldn't buy a layup or a jump shot. It is basketball, teams have off nights but to say there is no talent well I emphatically disagree with your assessment. Heck Bjorkland is ranked #2 in the nation for field goal percentage. http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/stats

There are very few nights that we have Braun, Hale, LA all having off nights and have trouble getting to the rim and are off from outside. It was one night in a OOC game. Take yourselves off suicide watch and get out to the Sauna and enjoy some basketball. It has been very fun this year. They are young and are finding themselves but remember we could start this same exact team for the next 2 1/2 years. Remember it all comes down to the Summit Tournament in the grand scheme of things that is really all that matters.

TransAmBison
01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Top 3 heading into the SL Tourney is not a bad spot. Assuming we win the first round, which is easier said than done, we would probably face SDSU in the Semis. Which is a good matchup for us. If we were to advance to the finals against presumably ORU, anything can happen in one game.

Basketball is different than football. It's all about the tourney at the end. We can set ourselves up nicely with the 2nd or 3rd seed. Personally I just don't wanna see ORU til the championship, if we were to make it there.I meant finishing in top three...which to me means after they tourney...

NorthernBison
01-18-2012, 02:02 PM
I voted for the optimistic "possible run at SL Tourney". I have zero confidence that this team can do much more than possibly win ONE game at the SL Tourney.

You need veterans to win it all and we have a very young team that should be together for another couple years. That's a good news/bad news thing.

Breaking news: The concept that started with the FAB 4 is NOT acceptable for the long term. I will not follow a program that thinks 3 years of mediocrity for a single shot at a potential Dance trip to get a 14 or 15 seed is acceptable. Based on that, our expectations for NCAA appearances would be once every 15 or 20 years and I will tune out long before that.

*Bisonrube
01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I voted for the optimistic "possible run at SL Tourney". I have zero confidence that this team can do much more than possibly win ONE game at the SL Tourney.

You need veterans to win it all and we have a very young team that should be together for another couple years. That's a good news/bad news thing.

Breaking news: The concept that started with the FAB 4 is NOT acceptable for the long term. I will not follow a program that thinks 3 years of mediocrity for a single shot at a potential Dance trip to get a 14 or 15 seed is acceptable. Based on that, our expectations for NCAA appearances would be once every 15 or 20 years and I will tune out long before that.

Exactly...It would be different if we have contended in the SL Tourney the last couple years. But the Fab 4..blah blah.

Trim
01-18-2012, 02:14 PM
...Dylan's attitude and demeanor on the court pissed me off...

This has bothered me all year.

*Bisonrube
01-18-2012, 02:18 PM
This has bothered me all year.

++++++

Discipline Saul

BisonTeacher
01-18-2012, 03:33 PM
It is getting old hearing us talk about how bad we played and still won (not including last night). At some point playing bad becomes a trend and not the exception. We need to get out of it now. We are still young and maybe they arent ready yet, but things still look good in the future.